Desertclan - An Warriors RP - OPEN!

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Desertclan - An Warriors RP - OPEN!

Postby feyre.archeron » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:40 am

[removed]

For years Desertclan has laid claim to a small oasis in the middle of the desert. They have managed through heat waves, droughts, famine, betrayal and war but a new enemy has laid claim to the land. Five years after taking her place as leader of the clan, Coyotestar surcame to an infection after a terrible fight with a loner, she lost her remaining two lives battling the deep infection. Her daughter, Rosefur was at her side when she took her final breath and joined starclan. The clan’s newest deputy, Scorpiontail was appointed leader, taking the name Scorpionstar. He took his place as leader of the clan, but the deputy had not served enough time to truly know what he was doing, confused and losing control of his clan, the older warriors helped him gain confidence in his role as leader, including the famous Scorchfur. However, it was only shortly after he took on his role in the clan that a cat went mad. The feline, known as Stormpelt, had been laid out in the medicine cat den for weeks, not eating or drinking. Within days he had become maniacal, foaming at the mouth and feverish. He eventually died, but not after attempting to attack the other cats around him. Most managed to get away but another cat was bitten shortly after. The clan is unaware of the dangers of the disease that now threatens to take over the clan, but the threat is also forming on the inside. Another warrior believes that Scorpionstar doesn’t deserve his place as leader and in an attempts to dethrone him, he wants to frame him for being the cause of the sickness. Can the clan survive or will the disease destroy them all?

RULES
One All of Tess's rules apply as usual. Two please post all forms and out of character chatter on the discussion thread. I don't want to see any discussion taking place on here. Three Please make sure to post at the bare minimum, six sentences per cat! This is a semi-lit RP and I expect you to write as such. To add, there should be very few mistakes with grammar, spelling and/or punctuation. Four Please make sure every cat has flaws. No cat should be absolutely perfect. Five Please code your forms. All forms must have some type of coding and look nice and neat. Please try to keep fonts under 85. I am changing this rule a bit, they do not need excessive history's, but please include a short one at least and all the basics. Six If you have a high ranked cat, please be active. I would like to see a post at least once every couple of days. If you have a normal rank and are inactive for more than six days, I will send you a warning. If I do not see anything in the next two days you will be removed. Excused absences are excluded from this rule. Seven Disable your signature please! I can not stress this enough.

STRIKES
      currently, none

BANS
      currently, none

THE STAFF
[Owner]
ThePaganWolf
[Original Owner]
ease
Last edited by raey on Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: additional image removed
feyre.archeron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Desertclan V.3 - An Warriors RP - WIP

Postby feyre.archeron » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:42 am

[removed]

THE TERRITORY

The desert is not the most forgiving of places, however, the cats are lucky enough to live alongside an oasis that provides the clan with fresh water on a constant basis. It has been season since the oasis has dried out. There is a small ledge a short distance off alongside a small hill. This ledge is the outside of the leaders den and is where the leader holds clan meetings. Next to the leader is where the deputy stands atop the same ledge. Towards the front of the camp is the medicine cats den. More than likely this den was once a coyote's den that has since been abandoned. Deep within the den are dips in the ground where the medicine cat stores the herbs. The warriors den is also believed to be an abandoned coyote set. This den is wider than the medicine cats den and has two entrances that connect to one space. Inside it is large, able to hold a massive amount of cats and could have possibly been a nursery for coyote pups at one point in time. The cats bring moss from the oasis to build their nests or will dig shallow ruts into the pliable sand to sleep in. The apprentices den is one of the less noticeable dens. A small rut in the ground, unless you are looking you can barely see it, however, once inside, it is larger than it appears. Same as the warriors, apprentices will use moss from the oasis or dig shallow ruts into the earth. The most important den, or at least one of, has to be the nursery where the kits are born and raised for the first six moons of their lives. Hidden underneath some shrubbery, the nursery is rather large inside, and is kept rather cool even in the worst of heat due to its shaded exterior. The entrance is high enough to keep the youngest kits in while low enough to allow the older ones to venture out into camp. Queens always use moss for nests simply because it is softer than the ground. Lastly, is the elders den. This den is smaller than most of the others, though it holds enough room for about seven cats within its confines. This is due to the fact that there are hardly any elders in the den.

HELPFUL LINKS

The Warrior Code
Warrior Glossary
Apprentice Ceremony/Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony
Warrior Ceremony
Medicine Cat Ceremony
Last edited by raey on Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: additional image removed
feyre.archeron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby feyre.archeron » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:03 am

[removed]

[Leader][1/1]
      Scorpionstar|♀|39|ThePaganWolf

[Deputy][closed]
      closed|♂/♀|age|roleplayer

[Medicine Cat][1/1]
      Softberry|♀|127|Oliverstorm

[Med. Cat Apprentice][1/1]
      Hollowpaw/watcher|♂|23|loathsome

[Warriors][unlimited]
      Rosepetal|♀|65|ThePaganWolf
      Scorchfur|♂|69|ThePaganWolf
      Pricklepelt|♀|22|ThePaganWolf
      Bramblepool|♀|45|loathsome
      name|♀/♂|age|✨Moon✨
      tallears|♂|45|crash the mode
      Sandclaw|♂|27|Patrochilles.
      Mangledfoot|♀|36|CoolComrade
      Blacktuft|♂|37|loathsome
      Dustfall|♂|28|Sahrotaar
      Larkthroat|♂|20|mossy
      name|♀/♂|age|owner
      name|♀/♂|age|owner

[Apprentices][4/12]
      Oddpaw|♀|6|ThePaganWolf
      Brittlepaw|♂|6|ThePaganWolf
      Warblerpaw|♀|11|crash the mode
      Asphodelpaw|♂|11|Oliverstorm
      Shrewpaw|♂|8|Sahrotaar
      Vixenpaw|♀|8|Sahrotaar
      name|♀/♂|age|owner

[Queens & Kits][0/4
      Hawkbite|♀|30|Crash The Mode
      --->name|♀/♂|age|owner
      --->name|♀/♂|age|owner
      name|♀/♂|age|owner
      --->name|♀/♂|age|owner
      --->name|♀/♂|age|owner
      name|♀/♂|age|owner
      --->name|♀/♂|age|owner
      --->name|♀/♂|age|owner
      name|♀/♂|age|owner
      --->name|♀/♂|age|owner
      --->name|♀/♂|age|owner

[Elders][1/4]
      Olivewhisker|♀|205|Oliverstorm
      name|♀/♂|age|owner
      name|♀/♂|age|owner
      name|♀/♂|age|owner

[loners & rogues][1/9]
      Brecken|♂|21|ThePaganWolf
      name|♀/♂|age|✨Moon✨
      Fitz|♂|28|CoolComrade
      Brixx|♂|18|ThePaganWolf
      name|♀/♂|age|owner
      name|♀/♂|age|owner
      name|♀/♂|age|owner
      name|♀/♂|age|owner
      name|♀/♂|age|owner
Last edited by feyre.archeron on Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:49 am, edited 13 times in total.
feyre.archeron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby feyre.archeron » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:07 am

LOVE, MENTOR, FAMILY

[Romances]
Blacktuft loves Mangledfoot
Asphodelpaw likes Hollowpaw
Brecken and Hallowpaw will like each other

[Mentors]
Softberry mentors Hollowpaw
Stripeheart mentors Warblerpaw
Bramblepool mentors Brittlepaw
Sandclaw mentors Oddpaw
Rosepetal mentors Asphodelpaw
Mangledfoot mentors Vixenpaw
Scorchfur mentors Shrewpaw

[Family]
Scorpionstar and Bramblepool are siblings
Oddpaw and Brittlepaw are siblings
Last edited by feyre.archeron on Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:44 am, edited 8 times in total.
feyre.archeron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby feyre.archeron » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:11 am

THE PROPHECY

[The Betrayer]
The threat has come on the teeth of the enemy
Beware the one who fights with the Scorpion
For he will destroy the clan.
Let it be known the watcher will guide the
Bird and the Mouse to the truth
And Fire will destroy Water.

Scorpion - Scorpionstar
Watcher - Hollowpaw
Bird - Reserved by crash the mode
Mouse - Open (must have mouse prefix)
Fire - Scorchfur
Water - Open (Must have a water prefix)

[The Sickness]
Death comes on the teeth of our enemies.
There is no fight to be won only to be avoided.

WEATHER,TIME, SEASON
      Sunny/ warm ✔
      Partially cloudy
      Very cloudy
      Completely overcast
      Scorching hot
      Slightly cool
      Chilly
      Light drizzle of rain
      Downpour of rain

Dawn ✔
      Sunhigh
      Afternoon
      Mid-Afternoon
      Sundown
      Nighttime
      Midnight

New-leaf
      Green-leaf ✔
      Leaf-fall
      Leaf-bare

Patrol at Dawn
      Patrol at Sunhigh
      Patrol at Sundown
      Patrol at Midnight

Various hunting patrols
      throughout the day. No
      set time.
Last edited by feyre.archeron on Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
feyre.archeron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Desertclan - An Warriors RP - OPEN!

Postby feyre.archeron » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:36 am

SCORPIONSTAR
tomcat • thirty-nine moons • leader • no crush • no mate • form • Spencer Reid
tags: the clan, softberry • mentions: oliverwhisker, softberry, rosepetal, coyotestar, scorchfur, bramblepool, brittlepaw, tallears,
stripeheart, pricklepelt, sandclaw, oddpaw, blacktuft, hollowpaw

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Soft slivers of light danced across the desert in the early morning light. Birds sang quietly as they fluttered atop cacti and bushes that traced across the oasis, lining it in the green beauty of green-leaf. The rains would come soon, it was apparent by the way they danced cheerfully, but certainly there would be none today. As the soft orange tabby tom slid from his den, his eyes blinked against the bright sun. Then again, you could never be sure of the rain in the desert. He twisted his shoulders before allowing them to slide before him, his maw parting in a hearty yawn. He blinked away exhaustion as his bones popped beneath his taut pelt. He was comfortable where he was, sitting atop the small hill on which his den rested. His eyes scanned the busy clan, moving between one another. He would need to choose a deputy, he had already broken the laws of starclan, waiting past moonhigh, but today he would make the choice, he hoped anyhow. He flicked his ears forward, no one moved about as if they truly had something to do, rather they meandered, mingling with one another as they waited for order from… someone. He shifted himself forward, moving to the edge of the ledge outside his den. Immediately, heads twisted upwards towards him and silence began to creep across the camp. “Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather here beneath the ledge” he called out, and though he sounded confident there was a slight crack in his voice, all too obvious to the older warriors, he was sure. He watched, sitting back on his haunches, as cats gathered at the foot of the ledge, eyes scanning him. He had much to talk about, deciding on a warrior, organizing hunting parties and patrols, the sickness that had passed across Darkfur. There was much happening and weary eyes watched him so closely. It hadn’t been long since Coyotestar had passed, just a single night, her grave still fresh with upturned dirt, buried deep behind the oasis with her mate, despite his belief she deserved more. Oh he had heard the stories but Rosepetal refused to listen to him, determined to bury her mother where she saw fit and no one argued with the she-cat, nodded only briefly to allow her the respect she deserved. His eyes traced over the soft red molly, his tail tip twitching when he realized her eyes held an incredulous glare to them. He avoided eye contact, returning to the clan to speak “I will name the deputy by tonight, I have had to think about this clearly” he started “and I believe I have settled on a cat for the place” he spoke once more, twitching his ears as a familiar white shape crept through the entrance of her den. Oliverwhisker. His eyes softened and he held a sense of adoration in his gaze, watching the elder carefully. She had been his mentor and even more so a mother figure to him. She was his strength and support, the one he went to when he was troubled. His gaze returned nervously to the band of cats before him but he held his head high “As for the sickness, I will be working closely with Softberry and Hollowpaw to figure out what has happened, so far there has been no prophecy to any cat… now on to more pressing matters, hunting parties and patrols. Scorchfur you will a hunting party with Bramblepool, Brittlepaw and Tallears. Patrol will be lead by Stripeheart, take Pricklepelt, Sandclaw, Oddpaw and Blacktuft. For now, that should be enough…” he paused, unsure how to dismiss his felines, but with a flick of his tail, he turned from the ledge and hopped down, and like that everyone around him started moving. He blinked in slight astonishment before turning his eyes and ears onto the den of the medicine cats. Softberry or Hollowpaw were sure to be present, still recovering from the attack on Brittlepaw. He approached the den cautiously, momentarily hesitating at the entrance before his voice reached out into the den “Softberry?” he asked, his voice cool and collected whilst radiating a sort of nervousness from the newly made leader.

ROSEPETAL
she-cat • sixty-five moons • warrior • no crush • no mate • form • Elizabeth Schuyler
tags: open • mentions: scorpionstar, coyotestar, hawkcry, speckledfur

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
The soft red she-cat had slept restlessly, her pelt left askew as she awoke from her nightmare, the same one she had had night after night since her mothers death. She turned her head downwards towards her chest, rasping her tongue along her fur until it once again lay flat. Twigs were plucked from tangles, as well as dried leaves that had once been mingled in her nest. Once she felt she was presentable, she slid from the den only to have her attention drawn to the new leader. His voice was slightly shaky and nerves seemed to make his words awkward and uncertain as if he wasn’t quite sure he was saying it right. He was no Coyotestar and she was always the first to point that out to him. Her lack of respect for the new leader made her ignore his summons and instead she walked towards a shadowed space not far from the group of cats. Exhausted, she collapsed to the ground, the cool dirt sinking through her pelt and deep into her marrow as she stretched herself out. Her head lay peacefully on her paws, ears twitching forward as if waiting for someone to speak, but when Scorpionstar spoke she let them pin themselves against her broad skull. Her head only lifted when she heard that he would be naming the deputy and her heart raced ‘Finally! He has held it off for far too long’ was all she could think, tail tip flickering in the sheer thought. He had broken the warrior code before he had even started, but what could she say? She was merely a warrior following his order now. Her head turned towards the top of the oasis, eyes filling with a cool liquid. Her mother and father lay buried atop the hill, together as they should have been. Would things be different had her father reigned as leader? Or would the events that had happened still take place? Certainly, Speckledfur would have found some reason to wage war on her mother, more than likely the kits. Her and her sisters. They were the targets, were they not? Speckledfur had stolen her from her mother’s love and trained her to hate, when she had returned to her mothers side there was never enough time or enough words to make up for her actions. Then… then her mother passed and what was she to do but sit vigil and ask her for forgiveness for her betrayal.

SCORCHFUR
tomcat • sixty-nine moons • warrior • no crush • no mate • form • Alexander Hamilton
tags: tallears • mentions: scorchfur, scorchstar, sandfur, batears, coyotestar, scorpionstar, bramblepool, brittlepaw

A haunting pelt slid from the warriors den early in the morning, one that was all too familiar yet belongs to a different cat. It was the strikingly golden pelt of Scorchfur, named after his grandfather Scorchstar and his mother Sandfur. He had awoken early to hunt for Scorpions as he did many mornings and now he lay sprawled out under the shade of a tree, his mind relaxed as he watched the world move around him. He spent his free time outside of camp, away from the cats that at one point despised him for his stubborn, hard-headed ways. As he lay, he thought back to a time before Scorpionstar, back when his mother would lick his ears and his father would scold him. When Batears had taught him the true meaning of being a warrior. He missed it, the simpleness of the days as an apprentice, back when everything was okay and the world was right… now everything was wrong. The new leader knew hardly anything, too fresh of a deputy to truly be able to comprehend being a leader. He babbled and stuttered and just… overall… wasn’t much of a leader. Yet anyways. Scorchfur didn’t want to hold it against the leader, nor did he want to judge him just yet, the whole clans worlds had been flipped by Coyotestar’s death, unaware that the leader had lost so many lives prior to the final two and certainly Scorpionstar was not expecting it, so what made him feel like he should have been more prepared? When at last he wondered into the camp, it was just in time to hear his name called from atop the ledge. He turned his face upwards towards the leader who was still scanning the cats to see who would join him, but had he noticed that Scorchfur had not even been in camp? The answer was no, too overwhelmed by fulfilling the duties of both leader and deputy, the soft sand colored tom was exhausted and small things like the missing face of Scorchfur didn’t seem to register in his mind. Quickly he turned to the leaders sister and her apprentice who bounced at her side before gliding his gaze towards Tallears. He siddled up next to Tallears and twitched his tail ever so slightly, “I suppose we should head out?” he offered,dipping his head to the tom.

ODDPAW
she-cat • seven moons • apprentice to sandclaw • no crush • no mate • form • Rose Tyler
tags: brittlepaw, sandclaw • mentions: bramblepool, coyotestar

Oddpaw had slept for a majority of the night, only waking once or twice, but when at last the sun danced across her eyelids, she felt rested enough. At her side, her sister stirred, paws kicked dust into the air as she dreamt of who knew what. With a gentle nudge the small apprentice with her odd colored eyes woke Brittlepaw. “Morning” she offered with a brief smile. Brittlepaw shrugged, her head hanging low. She hadn’t been herself for a couple days, not since the bite from the foaming mouth cat, and every day she seemed to get worse. She begged her sister to see the medicine cat, but Brittlepaw refused every time, claiming she was fine, but she had begun talking to herself in her sleep and in her wake, mumbling and heaving. Constantly, she complained of thirst but when they went to drink, Brittlepaw sat at the bank of the water and claimed she was afraid, fearful that she would drown or, perhaps, just disappear into the water. Oddpaw didn’t understand and truly, she didn’t try to. Now the two trudged out of the den, Oddpaw looking excited while Brittlepaw just seemed broken. When the meeting was called the two took their places next to their mentors, Brittlepaw by Bramblepool and Oddpaw by Sandclaw. Both had just been made apprentices before Coyotestars death and the death of a leader meant they hadn’t really started training. Oddpaw now turned her dual colored eyes to her mentor “Can we train today?” She asked, her voice low so that she didn’t disturb the meeting, not even hearing her name called out.

BRITTLEPAW
she-cat • seven moons • apprentice to bramblepool • no crush • no mate • form • Sophdoesnails
tags: oddpaw, bramblepool • mentions: sandclaw

Brittlepaw felt the slight nudge in her side, but it seemed like it took all of her energy to open her eyes. Ears pointed forward she turned her almost vacant eyes on her sister. She had barely been able to drink and the dehydration was killing her.Her mouth had already begun to salivate more than normal but she constantly licked away excess saliva so that it didn’t seem she was. Fear had crept into the molly’s thoughts, remembering the way the cat that had bit her had acted, but she didn’t want to admit that something could be wrong… that she could be dying. She twisted her head towards her sister and shrugged as her cheerful good morning echoed through her mind. She flinched away as her sisters pelt mingled with hers and they slid through the small entrance of the apprentice den. She had forgotten to eat several times and now as she looked over at the fresh kill pile her stomach churned and bile formed at the base of her throat. She clenched her jaws, feeling a wave of dizziness settle over her and, with a shake of her pelt, she stumbled to her mentors side. She felt Oddpaw’s eyes turn to her for only a split second before reasserting themselves onto the cat beside her. Bramblepool sat at Brittlepaws side and she knew that she needed to act as though she wasn’t feeling a sickness creep through her blood and mangle her mind. She turned her head towards the leader and barely spoke, her voice soft and uncertain recently, as if she couldn’t quite make the words function. Her muscles had started aching and burning leaving it difficult for her to perform even the most basic of tasks, like grooming herself. Even now as she tilted her head down to her chest, her neck popped and throbbed in unimaginable pain. However, when her name was called she fiend excitement and bounced at her mentors side but her eyes stayed vacant, devoid of the excitement an apprentice has, devoid of any emotion, simply blank, as if something else had taken over her mind. Her blood boiled and her muscles protested at the hops and leaps she was doing, but others didn’t seem to notice her empty expression or the way each leap was laced with extraordinary pain. Again her stomach roiled and bile built in throat but she swallowed it back, finally calming down and taking a seat at Bramblepool’s side. Her tail crooked awkwardly and the she cat momentarily murmured incoherently under her breath, her eyes locking onto each cat around her. She was starving and thirsty and couldn’t seem to bring herself to eat which in turn left her frustrated, hateful and exhausted. She said nothing as the leader flicked his tail and turned away, barely could she make herself turn her head upwards towards her mentor but she managed.
feyre.archeron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Desertclan - Sandclaw one

Postby xayah » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:16 am

SANDCLAW
      Emerald eyes opened slowly as Sandclaw woke. His ears twitched, flicking tufts of bramble from his nest onto the ground. Was it morning already? Sandclaw had been unable to sleep, plagued with images of Stormpelt's crazed attack still haunting his dreams. He'd never witnessed anything like it in his life and wished it would never happen again. But who knew? Whatever took the warriors life was surely not gone for good. At least not yet. Shaking the thoughts from his head Sandclaw rose to his paws abruptly and left the warriors den. He blinked in the morning light, sighing as it warmed his pelt.

Scorpionstar's sudden call for a meeting woke him completely from his daze and the spotted tom padded over to listen. The newly appointed leader looked out of place and nervous as he addressed the clan. Sandclaw wasn't surprised, though, every cat was still on edge and the role of leader was no easy task. He payed close attention to the pale toms words. They'd have a new deputy tonight, that was at least good news. He glanced around the gathering cats, curious as to who it would be. There were many worthy candidates he was sure would live up to the challenge. His eyes stopped on Rosepetal who lay tossing menacing looks towards Scorpionstar. She has reason to doubt him. he thought. As a cat that had grown up without a father figure nor ever knowing his mother Sandclaw found it difficult to understand Rosepetal's feelings. Of course he grieved for days when his clan mother Eaglefur passed and even more so when Cherrypaw lost her life too soon. But Coyotestar's death had been unexpected to say the least.

At the mention of his name Sandclaw sat up straighter. He was to accompany Stripeheart, Pricklepelt, and Blacktuft, as well as his apprentice Oddpaw, on a patrol. He nodded, acknowledging his leaders decision, and proceeded to give himself a quick grooming before heading out. He stopped mid-lick when he heard Oddpaw's small voice beside him. He tossed the small she-cat a silent look before standing up. "Probably not." he responded bluntly. "Let's get this patrol out of the way first. I'll teach you a little something when we return." he quickly added, not wanting to upset her. Giving his back a short stretch Sandclaw turned and padded off to find Stripeheart.
xayah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

warblerpaw (1) | tallears (1)

Postby crash the mode » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:15 am

WARBLERPAW
──────────── desertclan apprentice ────────────
where camp · with scorpionstar (ment.), stripeheart, sandclaw, oddpaw

indentWarblerpaw had been awake since the sun had first peeked over the horizon. She's been the first of the young ones awake, as far as she knew, and spent the morning galavanting around camp, playing pretend as though she were a great hero and a discoverer of truths. The activity bore strong resemblance to kit games, but the most glaring difference was her lack of playmates. It was... unsatisfying, in that regard, giving the whole thing an air of surreality which didn't please her. Luckily it wasn't long before the camp started coming to life, warriors creeping out of their den and the leader calling their attention. She found the side of her mentor without much issue-- Stripeheart was easy to spot among the others in the crowd and she sat, buzzing with excitement, to his right.

indentIt may have been her young age and careless manner but Warblerpaw saw no fault in Scorpionstar's tactics, having no wisdom of her own by which to judge. She had little care exactly when the next deputy was chosen. It was when he started talking about the sickness that she really started to pay attention. Her body shifted almost perceptively forward, only to be disappointed when he offered nothing new on the subject. He would be speaking with the medicine cats. Duh! Who else would you talk to when you were dealing with something like that? The information she'd most been looking forward to unforthcoming, Warblerpaw deflated next to Stripeheart and listened more halfheartedly to patrol assignments. Stripeheart would be on the border that morning, which she took to mean that she would also be on the border. She wasn't mentioned herself, perhaps the first symbol of Scorpionstar's incompetence to actually reach her. She glanced up to the grey warrior, wondering if perhaps even on a long shot they might find some clues out in the desert. "I'm going to look for weird plants while we're gone." She said matter-of-factly. Who says that it wasn't something Stormpelt ate? Maybe she could get Oddpaw to join her-- the more eyes the more productive the search, right?

TALLEARS
───────────── desertclan warrior ─────────────
where camp · with scorpionstar (ment.), scorchfur, bramblepool, brittlepaw

indentAt Scorpionstar's call Tallears-- who had until that point been sunning himself as bitterly as he was able --blinked half-lidded eyes up into the bright sky just behind the leader. Scorpionstar was more than a slight annoyance since he'd taken power, falling short on his duties and becoming overwhelmed by what should have been in his area of expertise. Even now the orange tom claimed he'd decided on a deputy but did not tell the clan who this cat was. Tallears' ear twitched. Beyond his annoyance Tallears was still a loyal warrior to his clan, and when his name was called to join the hunting patrol he took his feet. His muscles ached, but what else was new?

indentScorchfur (who'd not been present when Scorpionstar had called the meeting-- Tallears had noticed with his eyes closed and Scorpionstar didn't notice from his perch above them all) came up on his left. He didn't turn his head. "S'pose so," He drawled. The rest of their party was gathering below the ledge and Tallears saw with some degree of uncertainty that Brittlepaw was among them. He didn't know the young molly well but understood her to be in some pain, his acute hearing having picked up hitched breaths or irregular heart-beats when she was nearby. To this point he had said nothing, unsure what it meant and unsure he wanted to call attention to her. When he and Scorchfur joined the others he made a point to keep away from Brittlepaw regardless. "We ready?"
crash the mode

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Desertclan - An Warriors RP - OPEN!

Postby Oliverstorm » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:09 am

Softberry

Softberry flinched in her sleep when a bright beam of sunlight hit against her face and she stretched her front paws way in front of her, jaws stretching out into a wide yawn. Her fluffy tail curled up and over her back as she flipped over in the nest, eyeing Hollowpaw asleep beside her in his own nest. He was just about full-grown now, but she could affectionately remember when his paws and ears had been too big for his lithe body and he had oftentimes knocked over herb bundles in his early training. She twitched her ear when she heard Scorpionstar calling out for a Clan meeting and she forced herself up onto her paws, giving one final stretch before prodding her apprentice and then leading the way out of the medicine cat den.
Softberry sat down in her normal spot near the leader's edge and kept her eyes focused on Scorpionstar. He was so young for leadership, and she had seen great leaders come and go in all her moons. She couldn't tell yet what he was going to be, but she would always respect her leader and be behind them, provided they followed the Warrior Code. The mottled molly caught the faintest flick of his ear towards the elder's den where sat Olivewhisker. The old she-cat was sitting partially upright, but couldn't get all the way due to a crick in her spine that just wouldn't straighten out no matter what anyone did. She was also totally blind but she definitely made up for it in her other senses.
When her own name was mentioned, Softberry sat up taller and flicked her tail over the paws. The sickness. It was eerie, unlike anything she had seen in all her moons. Her pale eyes narrowed a tad as she sorted through the cats names mentioned in the patrols, just quietly nodding to herself. A good mix. She turned when Scorpionstar bounded down and made his way to her den and she got onto her paws, briefly brushing up against him with a purr. "Right here. I slipped out and you must have missed me." Softberry sat down and quickly swiped a paw over her ear.

Olivewhisker

The old pale elder had lost her sight many moons ago, and that had actually been the incident that first pushed her to the elder's den. However, in that time her hearing and sense of smell had heightened tremendously to make up for that loss. Her tongue darted out between her jaws at the sound of Scorpionstar calling a meeting and she heaved herself up with a groan, feeling that insistent crick in her back refusing to let her move how she pleased.
She was a little late, as most cats had gathered by the time she heaved herself up. The old molly slowly seated herself outside of her den and listened to her former apprentice, an odd swell of pride rising in her chest. She paid mind to the ground, keeping her paws fully pressed against it. As her hearing was fading now, her most relied on senses were smell and touch. She went over each cat's name as they were called to patrol, nodding to herself. Good choices. Once the meeting was dismissed, she simply stayed where she was and hunched over a little more patiently, knowing Scorpionstar would eventually make his way over to her and want to talk. He needs to have more confidence. She rasped in her own mind, briefly tasting the air and then finally moving to lay in a patch of sunlight. She wouldn't get up for a while yet, just stretching her old bones out under the bright summer beams before it got too hot. With no other elders, Olivewhisker oftentimes got very lonely. During the day, when all the apprentices were busy and weren't doing the camp chores, she would even sometimes go pester queens for company. Some of the warriors were starting to get up there, but she figured she would be in Silverpelt before their time came to retire. No matter - it was better to keep healthy cats as warriors.

Stripeheart

Stripeheart had been awake whenever the meeting had been called and he was one of the first to go bounding out of the warrior's den. His whiskers quivered in anticipation, taking a seat near the middle as he gave his whole dedication to his leader. Scorpionstar was younger than himself, and that alone might have deterred a lot of cats from listening, but he knew that a leader was a leader, no matter their age.
Stripeheart caught Scorpionstar's brief glance towards the back and he turned his own head to see Olivewhisker, the elder was seated in her usual spot and despite being blind, her head was lifted and she seemed to be focusing right on her former apprentice. Any cat would be a fool to not see the bond they had, and he remembered his own mentor with a fond purr before thinking of his own apprentice. As his name was called, he was the first onto his paws and eagerly swished his tail. Leading a patrol, what an honor! The cats called with him were also rising and he stepped towards the entrance, patiently waiting while seeing his apprentice padding over. His ear twitched with slight irritation as she declared her own plans and he whisked his tail over her flank. "You can keep an eye out for something like that, but the medicine cats would have already told us if there had been any suspicious, unknown plant growth in the desert. Make sure to stick close. We still don't know what caused..." The grey tom's voice trailed off, not wanting to continue that thought. He simply shook his head and then pushed his way out of camp, expecting to be followed. An unannounced command for the patrol was to keep an eye out for anything odd or wrong that could give hint to what was wrong, and clearly every member of the Clan was on edge to some degree.
"Warblerpaw, since you're still learning boundaries, you can sniff out the edge of our territory and remark over an old scent. Oddpaw, you can do the same." Stripeheart glanced briefly towards Sandclaw for confirmation that he could give his apprentice the little suggestion before tossing his head and quickening his pace a little. The sun would soon be scorching and if they wanted to avoid a dangerous stroke, they had to get back after scoping out potential dangers and remarking borders.
Oliverstorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me