¤ f a m i n e ;; open

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

¤ f a m i n e ;; open

Postby vhenan. » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:27 pm

here in alaska, the air has always had an underlying coolness.
a bunch of times, it was cold and bitter when it came to the
snowy winters. but none like this one.

this year, the winter brought famine upon the animals and
people. the wolves of denali, wrangell-st. elias, chugach, and
lake clark preserves are having it rougher than the rest. they
have taken to high grounds, hoping to find more food, all
while moving further away from water.

as of late, there has been a major drop in caribou
and moose population, leading to a slower fall
of wolves. voles, lemmings, and dall's sheep may
be their last hope... however rough it gets, it falls
heavier on the wolves. wolves have turned cannibalistic,
mothers snacking on their weaker children, males
targeting females and pups alike. humans have also
become a valuable food source. trash cans are
hidden, due to the bears, but maybe somebody
left theirs out?

where do you lie in this food chain? will you follow a leader,
survive alone, or seek the homes of humans? will you change
homes? let's see just how long you can live.

the clock continues to tick. may the great amaroq protect and
help you.
Last edited by vhenan. on Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vhenan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

¤ r u l e s

Postby vhenan. » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:21 pm

no god-modding, gary/mary-sues. i understand that this is a roleplay, but, nothing is flawless. everything is different.
no speed-relationships or self-crushes. i allow starting crushes, but i don't want two pages of them knowing eachother and then bam, they're mates. self-crushes aren't that fun...
ooc will be carried out in a discussion thread. link is here.
use your own forms. what's your favorite idea? mine's being creative! please make them neat and organized, as well as covering the basics of your characters.
tess's rules apply. this is complete common sense.
drama. drama is encouraged, but please don't have an excessive amount of it.
re-caps and open chars. please, please, please try to help out with recaps! as for open chars, if you have one and somebody would like to roleplay an open character of theirs, i'd greatly appreciate it if you roleplayed with them.
pregnancies. these should wait until we've got about 50-60 pages.
literacy. correct grammar, spelling and punctuation. please aim for 10 lines per post.
deformities, disablements, histories and backgrounds. please don't have an excessive amount of sob stories! same goes or disabilities.
appearances. you absolutely must have a realistic picture for your character. no drawn/animated pictures.
interactions. not all animals will get along, so there will be some conflict between animals - especially males during the mating seasons.

please uncheck signatures. this is so we can have a neater roleplay thread.
neat, designed posts. these are usually very nice and can spark an interest.
hit-rules. during fights, a character can use up to three minor dodges and only one major. this is to keep everybody from coming out of fights unharmed, especially with npc's such as bears when in season and bull moose. during character fights, as well as npc fights, you cannot land direct hits. you will always leave an open attack, unless your character misses. for example:
wolf one lunged at wolf 2's back, legs outstretched, the canine attempted to clamp on the opponent's shoulder, hoping to use force to knock their opponent off balance. or wolf 1 leaped at the bull moose, hunger nearly driving him over the edge. as he seemed suspended in air, his hunger got the best of him, having misjudged the angle of his ambush. his target was lost and instead of landing a hit, he tumbled to the side, falling on his right flank.

no blue eyes. blue eyes are not found in true wolves. i am not accepting wolfdogs. blue eyes are found in pups for only so long.

it's very important that you are active in the discussion.
vhenan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

¤ c h a r a c t e r s

Postby vhenan. » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:35 pm

3 males, 3 females ;; total of 6 wolves.
-- pups, -- adolescents, 5 adults, 1 elder

Kiviuq ;; male ;; loner ;; adult ;; greece.
Sorigan ;; female ;; loner ;; adult ;; greece.
Ramelda ;; female ;; loner ;; elder ;; m o s h
Zevan ;; male ;; loner ;; adult ;; m o s h
Egypt ;; male loner ;; adult ;; Dr.Holmes
Kaiira ;; female ;; loner ;; adult ;; d i s n e y.
Hunter ;; male ;; loner ;; adult ;; okay, i'm crazy.
End ;; female ;; loner ;; adult ;; AnnaROUaT

kiviuq and sorigan are siblings
no packs

seven and up will be considered elder

lifespans are generally 6 to 8 years,
but i'm allowing the deaths in-between 13-16
Last edited by vhenan. on Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
vhenan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

¤ w e a t h e r, c l i m a t e, s e a s o n s, e t c

Postby vhenan. » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:11 pm

the current season is;; winter
month;; december
weather;; dark and snowy for the next week.

about the current month and season;; pretty dark, snowy and getting colder. daylight hours are limited to 4-5 hours a day. downhill and cross-country skiing are hitting their stride in december, as many places have lighted slopes and trails. winter activities are peaked and are more frequent.

about next month;; season is still winter. days are slowly getting longer, but january is the coldest month. excellent skiing, snow-machining and dog mushing, but some days are just a little too cold to be outside for humans. by the end of the month, things are supposed to get better, however, they most likely won't. humans will generally be outside, some will be in nearby areas. as always, avoid them.

news about packs;; none.

news about loners;; none.

news about territories;; none.

news about humans;; usual winter events are going on, wolves are advised to avoid these areas.
Last edited by vhenan. on Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
vhenan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✒ kiviuq & sorigan

Postby vhenan. » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:14 pm

name;; sorigan ( sore - ee - gahn )
age;; three years
counterpart;; none
birthday;; april seventeenth
nicknames;; sori
accent;; none
origin;; denali national park

orientation;; heterosexual
eye color;; pale yellow
figure shape;; small, narrow
fur color;; light gray with flecks of browns and darker grays.

fears;; being forgotten about;
being singled out.

wants;; to find love; to be remembered.
dislikes;; being teased; tourists; planes;
cars.

likes;; cuddling; sleeping; night-time; caribou.

dreams;; to be a mother
prefers;; quiet; sleep; cuddling.
theme song;; my apocalypse by escape the fate
love-style song;; painting flowers by all time low
Although she was born in a pack, Sorigan had naturally gravitated towards the life of a loner. She grew up to a loving mother and a very insensitive father. She loved her mother, yet never really cared for her father. Being born into a litter of four, three males, and herself, she had learned rough-housing and criticism. She grew up as a socialite, but as she neared her adolscent years, became more anti-social. Nobody knew why, though.

Not long after she dropped sociality, she began to spend more time out on her own, finding shelter in the night, thus proving she became much more nocturnal and crepuscular (active at twilight). She usually only hunted for herself and on rare occasions, her brother, Kiviuq or the pack.

As for her personality, she is quiet, kind, and conscientious. Often, she puts the needs of others above her own needs. Sorigan is an observer with rich inner world of observations about people and is very perceptive of other's feelings. Private and polite. Timid, socially uncomfortable, modest, not confrontational, easily hurt. Fears drawing attention to self. Easily frightened. Easily offended or hurt. Higher energy, can be playful. Stable and practical, valuing security. Dislikes competition. Good at finishing tasks. Clean, organized. Appreciates strangeness. Prone to confusion. Afraid of many things. Fears doing the wrong thing. Dislikes change. Apprehensive, guarded, avoidant, paranoid, anxious, cautious, suspicious.

In short, she is timid, paranoid, courteous, cautious, affectionate, polite, fearful, and secretly playful.

name;; kiviuq ( kih - vee - uk )
age;; three years
counterpart;; none
birthday;; april seventeenth
nicknames;; kivi
accent;; none
origin;; denali national park

orientation;; bisexual
eye color;; pale yellow
figure shape;; muscular, yet agile
fur color;; white

fears;; death; being touched; love.
wants;; to leave behind a legacy; to not
fear being touched.

dislikes;; desperate females; flirts.
likes;; warmth.

dreams;; to be a bear.
prefers;; warmth; company; structure.
theme song;;keep myself alive by get scared.
love-style song;;the poet by saywecanfly
Kiviuq is almost like his sister. However, he spent more time wrestling and rough-housing than she did. Kiviuq was often favored, pampered even. This made Sorigan more withdrawn later on. He never realized it, nor did he realize how much his sister's attention meant to him.

Kiviuq's father often kept him from doing too much, often regarding him as specialty in one way or another. It took a bit, at least early adolescence that he realized what was going on and he changed. His fake persona took over and changed the pampered him.

As for his personality, which resembles his sister's, he's quiet, reserved, with loner tendencies. Private. Has trouble complaining to others. Can be insensitive to the misfortunes of others. Isolated and not influenced by others unless they are loved ones. More interested in intellectual pursuits than romance. Analytical. Can be a risk-taker who lives in the moment. Uncomplicated desires. Loyal to peers and authority, but not overly concerned with respecting laws and rules if they get in the way of getting things done. Comfortable in unfamiliar situations. Is known to sometimes put the needs of others above their own needs. Observer with rich inner world of observations about people. Very perceptive of other’s feelings. Modest, can be confrontational, not easily hurt. Moderate energy. Dutiful and responsible. Is acceptant of competition. Good at finishing tasks. Fears doing the wrong thing and analyzes the situation to fix it. Cautious, suspicious. Exhausted by social situations and often relies on actions to substitute words.

In short, he's not too talkative and likes to stay to himself, often avoiding others.
vhenan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

¤ Ramelda

Postby sava. » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:30 pm

loner female seven

Ramelda is becoming an old, wise female. She has lived on the earth fairly long, and fairly healthy. Her experiences has gathered her knowledge, enhancing her intelligence. She is nothing but a caring-motherly figure. She looks out for the others like they are her very own, but yet respects the ranks altogether. Even with the ranks set in place, she sees everyone as equals, treating them like such, unless fights occur. She is not the one to be harsh; though if provoked, she will not hesitate to snap, placing an idiotic wolf back in it's place of stupidity.

Being her age, Ramelda's pelt has started to develop the shades of greys, shading out her natural brown and black mixed pelt. She is still slightly strong, though her muscles have weakened greatly. She doesn't have much talent in hunting or fighting anymore, though, her one main hobby is still clear, healing. She has been a healer ever since she was a small pup, learning from her very own mother and grandmother. She takes her healing seriously, as if anyone was to disrespect her job; she would surely refuse to treat their injuries until they proved themselves worthy of forgiveness. So in all honesty, it would be wise to stay on her good side, seeing as your very life, could be at her own paws.

A love life has been greatly wanted by Ramelda when she was at a younger age, as she still dreams of such. But with logic setting in place, she knows the chances are very slim, as it is rare it would even happen. She mainly focuses on her own survival and life; devoting to her rank, and to her peers.
sava.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

¤ Zevan

Postby sava. » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:31 pm

Name; Zevan
Age; Five Years Old
Gender; Proud Male

Rank; Loner
Crush; Tba
Mate; Tba
Pups; Tba

Good Traits; Loyal, Wise,
Great Leadership,
Social, Forgiving.

Bad Traits; Impulsive,
Short-tempered,
Aggressive, Stubborn.

For starters, Zevan is a very complex male. To some he can be an honest friend, giving them his trust, advice, and friendship to. Though, to others he can be a rude, aggressive, inconsiderate male. It mostly depends on the placement and actions of the certain wolf, though either way, the first impression matters the most on his part. Zevan is a very forgiving wolf, though, once a mistake is made, don't let him trick you into thinking he'll forget all about; because he most certainly won't. Oh, how we will hold the dearest mistake against a wolf, using it to almost any chance he is offered, that is, if it isn't a loved one of his.
Zevan is a strong male, having a muscular frame. His pelt is that of which consists of multiple colors, such as whites, browns, tans and blacks. His weight is slightly taller than that of an average wolf of his species, and his weight greater for his muscles add on greatly. His eyes a a deep, mesmerizing brown, while his fangs are stained a crimson color. Scars mark his body, though can mostly only be seen when in direct sunlight, or with a damp pelt. His skills stand mostly in battle and leadership, having come to know many useful strategies from his wisdom.
Zevan is a mateless male, though his heart is open for interest. He usually keeps an eye out, trying to pick out good suitors for himself, but he just finds himself pushing it off, knowing he has better things to worry on. He has hopes of having pups, wanting to be given the joys of raising them.
sava.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ¤ f a m i n e ;; open

Postby vhenan. » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:39 pm

accepted & added. }}
vhenan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Egypt|Done|waiting to be accepted

Postby Dr.Holmes » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:23 am

Basics

username. Dr.Holmes
name. Egypt
gender. Male
age. 3 years old

Physical
body structure. Egypt is a large wolf, but only because he is a male. He has a bully like appearance, but truly is not only because of his coat does it make him. Under the heavy coat, he's still pretty bulky, but not as much showing off medium sized legs with a body length around 15.7 being average for his age.
fur color. Egypt has three colors of his coat which are easy to point out being black, cream, and brown.
eye color. Deep brown
overall appearance. Tri colored male wolf that has a thick coat usually all year around seeing as for some reason it shed randomly. He's the size of an average male wolf his age.

Personal
personality. Egypt have an uncanny ability to perceive people's attitudes and motivations. He picks up on little cues which go completely unnoticed by most other types, such as facial expressions and stance. Egypt typically a couple of steps ahead of the person He's interacting with.Egypt use this ability to get what he wants out of a situation. Rules and laws are seen as guidelines for behavior, rather than mandates. If Egypt has decided that something needs to be done, then his "do it and get on with it" attitude takes precendence over the rules. However, the wolf tends to have his own strong belief in what's right and what's wrong, and will doggedly stick to their principles. The Rules of the Establishment may hold little value to Egypt, but their own integrity mandates that they will not under any circumstances do something which they feel to be wrong.
Egypt have a strong flair for drama and style. He is fast-moving, fast-talking people who have an appreciation for the finer things in life.He's usually very good at story telling and improvising.Egypt typically makes things up as he go along, rather than following a plan.He loves to have fun, and is fun to be around.Egypt can sometimes be hurtful to others without being aware of it, as he generally do not know and may not care about the effect his words have on others. It's not that he don't care about people, it's that his decision-making process does not involve taking people's feelings into account.Egypt makes decisions based on facts and logic.
History Egypt was born in a normal pack with normal parents. He was born into a litter of 3 other pups, making 4. 2 sisters,brother, and himself.One of his sisters died during winter and the rest lived.It didn't have a big affect on him so, he really never cared.When left out on his own when he was two years old wanting some freedom for himself.

history. Egypt was born in a normal pack with normal parents. He was born into a litter of 3 other pups, making 4. 2 sisters,brother, and himself.One of his sisters died during winter and the rest lived.It didn't have a big affect on him so, he really never cared.When left out on his own when he was two years old wanting some freedom for himself.
fear. Losing himself(Insanity)
flaw. Often forgets others have feelings

Social

rank. loner
mate. none
crush. none.
pups. none

other. nope
Last edited by Dr.Holmes on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dr.Holmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[➳] ` kaiira | form

Postby mola, » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:21 am

╒════════════════════════╕
            name✘ kaiira [ ky-ruh ]