Mods, please lock or delete. Thank you.

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: It's a Zoo Out There (Now open and accepting)

Postby sugarbird » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:45 am

(Yep! Sorry if I never responded and you saw me online. I fell asleep near my keyboard. cx)
----------π‘πŽπ’π„π’ 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐃
----------𝐈 π€πŒ 𝐑𝐄𝐃

╔═════════════╗
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
adult - oct.18 - isfp-t - creature
───────────────────────
Hi I'm bird. I love dragons and birds
and snakes and games. I enjoy Spyro,
Doom, Rain World, Cult of the Lamb,
and Minecraft to name a few.

Fun fact: you're really cool actually
─────────────────────────
Signature art by Grayson.
Character is mine
best friend <3 -- NOT A RICKROLL
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•

----π„π•π„π‘π˜π“π‡πˆππ† πˆπ’ 𝐑𝐄𝐃
sugarbird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sugarbird » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:31 pm

Vanilla I ♀ I Barn Owl I Owl Enclosure I Tags: Allen

He did have a point. Why should they get punished for being outside? Humans are out there all the time, and they don't get a flick on the wrist. She sighed, accepting it still. Her eyes flickered towards Allen, who's graceful flying motions captivated her. He seemed to be looking around, his neck veering to and fro as if it were a rotating satellite dish. "What're you looking at? Did you find another chipmunk scurrying around?" She looked where he was and found nothing. He was concentrating on something. Confused, she cocked her head to the side to maximize her depth perception.

Cookie I ♀ I Pied python I Reptile House

Cookie never felt so alone. Even though she loved to be by herself sometimes, she never wanted to be alone constantly. She scanned her tank, looking for any faults to help her get out. She bumped her snout against the tank once, checking the thickness. Too thick. She rushed around, desperate for some way out.

Arin I β™‚ I Gray Wolf I Wolf Enclosure

"O-oh. I just don't want to get caught. My roommates are very.. pack-like. Even in The Zoo, not in the wild. I'd probably get my throat tore out if I did this in front of everyone." His wagging tail stopped. "It's barbaric, I've never been taught another way to behave other than lower than the rest. But hey! The zookeepers always intervene to save my life! They are just the greatest to me. I seem to be the only wolf that really likes them though." He realized what he was doing and quickly shut himself up. The other wolves hated it when he struck a full on conversation with them.

Velvet I ♀ I Red panda I Red panda Enclosure I Tags: Orion

"Honestly, I hope not. Those human cubs are rather rough sometimes." She's personally never been touched by a human cub, but she has witnessed what they can do to other animals. She remembered when she saw a snake get pet once during a show, the poor thing nearly got its back broke from so much rough petting. The zookeeper seemed to be telling them to be gentle, but they just kept prodding it with their grubby paws.
Last edited by sugarbird on Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----------𝐈 π€πŒ 𝐑𝐄𝐃

╔═════════════╗
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
───────────────────────

Character is mine
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘

sugarbird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ,rain » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:52 pm

K A T O O M B A

{ Crush: Open! } { Tagged: Open! } { Female Cheetah }

Katoomba paced the borders of her enclosure, stricken with boredom. She had grown tired of batting a ball around without another. An employee had just left her with some food, but she didn't have much of an appetite at the time. She knew the humans were worried about her, but why couldn't they just leave her alone? She gave a dismissive flick of her ear, finally stopping her anxious trot to lap at the water provided.

A U R U M

{ Crush: Open! } { Tagged: Val } { Lion }

Aurum looked rather magnificent as he stood upon his rock, though it was by far the smallest in the enclosure. He descended from his fond little perch, every muscle enveloped beneath his coat vibrating at each step. He peered through the bars of the terrain,
noticing a peachy colored feline stalk through the tall grass that dotted it. The cat was adorned with stripes, and looked like royalty as she strode around, a sense of pride to her at the way she held her head. He placed his massive paws on the gate, his vivid yellow eyes locked onto her. She looked much more alluring than that of the lionesses, not to bash his own species. Gathering enough courage to speak instead of staring at her dumbly, he parted his jaw, trying his best to sound as glorious as he hoped he looked.
"Greetings! May I ask, what are you?" He said humbly.

A L L E N

{ Crush: Open! } { Tagged: Vanilla } { Male Northern Spotted Owl }

When her sweet, harmonic chirps filled the air he couldn't help but stare at her for a moment. "I'm finding a way out of course." He said with more confidence than he felt. In his head, he felt vulnerable, like if he failed she'd never forgive him. In the midst of his frantic flying, he found a puncture in the netting, settling himself on a branch. He examined it, reaching out to pluck it with his dagger-like talons, which he quickly retrieved when a human strolled past whistling a strange tune. He exhaled his relief, returning to tearing at the plastic substance.

N E I T H

{ Crush: Open! } { Tagged: Arin } { Female Wolf }

Yep, just as she had thought. He did trust the humans. It was only right. Even if they did prevent any of her fellow canines from getting injured, how could they be good by locking them up in here? This brutes eyes seemed to light up at the mention of them, but they quickly dulled when he noticed what he was saying was foolish. She didn't blame him for the humans probably had saved his life. From what? She didn't know. Perhaps she'd ask him sometime. "Yes, I do give them some credit for keeping us safe,
but what fun is it being kept up all the time? Some wolves enjoy a nice fight now and again."
She spoke thoughtfully, her eyes flickering down to her paws as if she were talking to them. "Wolves are meant to be free.. It's apart of us. Every wolf feels it deep inside them. Surely you must feel that way at times?" She insisted. He was a wild animal after all. Well, he resembled more of a dog actually, with the way he acted around the humans. "I'm Neith by the way." She told him.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Hey! I'm Rain! I love to rp so hmu if u wanna 1x1
and I'll tell u my preferences/etc.

Image....Image

,rain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sugarbird » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:44 pm

"Wait.. escaping? But..!" Her eyes looked directly at his. He wanted to get out. So much so that he was willing to stop and stare, deadly serious. A human suddenly walked by, and he quickly flew back. "I won't stop you I guess, but good luck. They're everywhere. I will appreciate your efforts, just don't get yourself caught." she chirped. She shifted back to her perch and looked at the wall, not wanting to make herself look hopeful. From what she learned, nothing good comes out of it.

Cookie never felt so alone. Even though she loved to be by herself sometimes, she never wanted to be alone constantly. She scanned her tank, looking for any faults to help her get out. She bumped her snout against the tank once, checking the thickness. Too thick. She rushed around, desperate for some way out.

Arin I β™‚ I Gray Wolf I Wolf Enclosure I Tags: Neith

"Well, I personally don't have a problem with it. But I see where you're coming from. Although, is it normal for wolves to enjoy fighting? If so, then thank goodness I was taken from the wild. What fun is it being beat up when you weren't taught how to fight back? I mean, I surely can't understand, I'm not wild anymore." He looked down, reflecting on what he said. He could've enjoyed being a "wild" wolf, if his heartless mother actually decided to keep him. He shook himself to rid of those thoughts. He looked at the scraps of uneaten meat and looked back with a grin. "Neith, huh? Nice to meat you!" He chuckled at his own stupid joke, allowing himself to relax again. "My name's Arin."

"Honestly, I hope not. Those human cubs are rather rough sometimes." She's personally never been touched by a human cub, but she has witnessed what they can do to other animals. She remembered when she saw a snake get pet once during a show, the poor thing nearly got its back broke from so much rough petting. The zookeeper seemed to be telling them to be gentle, but they just kept prodding it with their grubby paws.
----------𝐈 π€πŒ 𝐑𝐄𝐃

╔═════════════╗
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
───────────────────────

Character is mine
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘

sugarbird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lexthedestroyer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:25 am

Val-Tiger-Tiger enclosure-Tagged:Aurum
Val turned, pausing in her pacing. "I'm a tiger. My name is Val. Did you need something?" She strode over, settling into a sitting position in front of him. "What's your name?" She waited, tail twitching.

Orion-Red panda-Red panda enclosure-Tagged: Velvet

Orion darted around Velvet. "Do you remember my story how I almost died when a human touched me? They weren't even allowed to do that!" He scampered around in an excited pantomime, twisting and jumping. Out of breath, he sat down and nibbled on a blueberry. "I hope we don't have to see the littles again today. Although, then someone might sneak me some food from one of the stands!"

(Mandela effect: I thought Velvet's name was Violet?? Not sure how, but I've been saying Violet. Sorry!)
lexthedestroyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ,rain » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:55 am

K A T O O M B A

Katoomba paced the borders of her enclosure, stricken with boredom. She had grown tired of batting a ball around without another. An employee had just left her with some food, but she didn't have much of an appetite at the time. She knew the humans were worried about her, but why couldn't they just leave her alone? She gave a dismissive flick of her ear, finally stopping her anxious trot to lap at the water provided.

A U R U M

Aurum watched as she came closer and redrew a few feet before settling on his haunches. He retrieved a large paw and ran his soft tongue over it before turning to look at her. Val. A strange name. "I am Aurum." He bellowed with pride. His parents had chosen a fitting name for him, though he didn't quite understand what it meant at the time.
He soon found out it translated to gold. In what language? He didn't know. He shook out his thick mane, his bright amber eyes locking with her own. "Its a pleasure Val." He finally said after a long pause. Growing more comfortable as he was sure she wouldn't lash out, he rose up and padded closer to the fence, giving her a sniff. She smelled lovely, truth be told.

A L L E N

He was flooded with confidence at her approval, though he did wish she might lend him a hand. "I will." But no sooner had the words exited his beak, when a human walked by and in his mad attempt to lose any suspicion, he nearly tumbled to the ground. He managed to catch himself on a limb, his wings outstretched to increase balance. He let his eyelids fall, assuring himself that he hadn't been seen. He returned to plucking at the side, chipping pieces off one by one. It would take a lot of time, but it was surely worth it.

N E I T H

She convulsed her head gently. "I didn't mean it like that.. I mean.. Don't you want to be able to go where you want and when you want? We can't do that here. Wolves are not dogs or toys. It's not fair to us or any of these animals for that matter. I'm not injured, or mentally ill, so why do they keep me up in here?" She declared, asking as if he had the answer to all of this. "The most exciting place in here is the pond." She added with a huff to reveal her annoyance. She leaned back on her haunches, growing more comfortable as the seconds ticked by. She took this moment of silence to finally scrutinize this brute, her gray pools flickering up and down. He was diminutive compared to most males, but she could see his defined muscles enveloped in a short, mottled coat. He was a strange looking wolf indeed, but Neith didn't care much about the appearance. She, personally, hated her coat. It was so boring and dull. Every inch of her was white as snow, aside from her unusual gray-white eyes, but even they weren't interesting. Arin was. Many might find his reddish-sienna coat ordinary, but every part of it was completely the opposite! She relieved herself from her thoughts, averting her eyes to stare out of the den.

Image....Image

,rain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sugarbird » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:21 am

Vanilla jerked her head back to see Allen, who was dangling off a perch. Before she could even ask if he was okay, he quickly righted himself and flew back to the same spot. Her eyes narrowed in curiosity. "So.. what's the plan? Are you.. picking at the wood?" she asked. She would be very happy to escape the enclosure, but she hesitated to get involved. The back of her mind kept telling her not to. But for once in a very long time, she gave in and became hopeful.

"Well, obviously I can't answer that. It's not my business what your life was like, nor do I know why you were taken from home." He laid back down to rest his head on his paws. "You are correct. It is very boring here, and we can't really go anywhere we please. I try to make something happen, to distract myself from my boredom. But it doesn't always work." His ears flattened. What was she trying to say? Was she suggesting.. escape? "But what can we do about it? Humans are wickedly smart, making sure there is never a way for us to leave and explore or even return home, whatever it was like." He whimpered, showing signs of sadness when Neith forcefully shoved his mind to reality.

Velvet munched on some fruit and chuckled, remembering how he told of his ear nearly getting yanked off. "That would be nice to get some food other than fruit. Mmmm.. popcorn. I love it when I smell popcorn." Velvet's favorite snack other than bamboo leaves was popcorn. The one time she experienced it was when a human cub gave her three whole pieces when her handler wasn't looking.
----------𝐈 π€πŒ 𝐑𝐄𝐃

╔═════════════╗
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
───────────────────────

Character is mine
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘

sugarbird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ,rain » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:30 am

K A T O O M B A

Katoomba peered through the bars that bordered her enclosure, watching a lion conversing with a tiger. It was a strange sight since it was usually only animals in the same place that would talk together. She extended her forearms in a stretch, her chest falling in line with a yawn. She sat back on her haunches, forcing herself to rest.

A U R U M

Aurum watched as she came closer and redrew a few feet before settling on his haunches. He retrieved a large paw and ran his soft tongue over it before turning to look at her. Val. A strange name. "I am Aurum." He bellowed with pride. His parents had chosen a fitting name for him, though he didn't quite understand what it meant at the time.
He soon found out it translated to gold. In what language? He didn't know. He shook out his thick mane, his bright amber eyes locking with her own. "It's a pleasure Val." He finally said after a long pause. Growing more comfortable as he was sure she wouldn't lash out, he rose up and padded closer to the fence, giving her a sniff. She smelled lovely, truth be told. Sweet.

A L L E N

He couldn't help but brighten up at the spark in her eyes. She may be dubious but he knew some part of her wanted to believe they could escape. Just one night... He pleaded to himself."There is a plastic netting or something around this cage, then a real net outside of it. I'm picking at the part that connects with these wooden poles. Maybe I can wear it down." He said, hoping he sounded assertive. He chipped a piece of wood from the rotten pillar, cooing his pleasure as he continued at it, only stopping when a human passed or stopped to look in with dazzled eyes.

N E I T H

Neith could see the skepticism in his eyes. Escape. Was that what she meant? It wasn't impossible. "I don't think the humans are as smart as they think. They think locking us up in here is smart. Little do they know how we feel." She said, engrossed in her own thoughts. She shrank back with a bewildered expression, coming to the conclusion that she had been rambling out loud. "Sorry..." She apologized, deflecting his eyes with a toss of her head. She absentmindedly burrowed a claw in the dirt.

Image....Image

,rain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sugarbird » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:53 pm

Vanilla I ♀ I Barn Owl I Owl Enclosure

Vanilla observed his careful movements from afar. She could only look in slight astonishment as he continued to make progress. She looked back at the wall to fall victim to her thoughts once more. Maybe if she would be able to get out, she could see what the rest of The Zoo was like. Or better yet, leave to feel the thrill of hunting that her mother taught her. Of course, it has been a very long time since she was given lessons. But it would be so much fun, wouldn't it? A dagger was abruptly thrown at her hopeful thoughts. What does it matter? Humans are absolutely everywhere. There are eyes at every corner, observing her. Observing Allen. If they returned, humans would figure out how they escaped, and they'd make it so that it would never happen again. She preened her feathers one more time, distracting her from her mind.

"Nah, it's fine." He looked the other way as well, spotting a beautiful tan wolf. She seemed to be eavesdropping from afar. He smiled a little to hide his face and gazed back at Neith. "I'm sorry that you feel down. Maybe.." He got up and lowered his upper body in a playful manner, wagging his bushy tail."Maybe we can play? Please? I'm bored, and I'm sure you are too!" He gazed quickly back at the other wolf and winked. Maybe she'd like to play too?

Velvet munched on some fruit and chuckled, remembering how he told of his ear nearly getting yanked off. "That would be nice to get some food other than fruit. Mmmm.. popcorn. I love it when I smell popcorn." Velvet's favorite snack other than bamboo leaves was popcorn. The one time she experienced it was when a human cub gave her three whole pieces when her handler wasn't looking.
----------𝐈 π€πŒ 𝐑𝐄𝐃

╔═════════════╗
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
───────────────────────

Character is mine
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘

sugarbird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ,rain » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:04 pm

[quote="Π―Ξ±ΞΉΠΈ."]
K A T O O M B A

Katoomba peered through the bars that bordered her enclosure, watching a lion conversing with a tiger. It was a strange sight since it was usually only animals in the same place that would talk together. She extended her forearms in a stretch, her chest falling in line with a yawn. She sat back on her haunches, forcing herself to rest.

A U R U M

He soon found out it translated to gold. In what language? He didn't know. He shook out his thick mane, his bright amber eyes locking with her own. "It's a pleasure Val." He finally said after a long pause. Growing more comfortable as he was sure she wouldn't lash out, he rose up and padded closer to the fence, giving her a sniff. She smelled lovely, truth be told. Sweet.

A L L E N

He turned his head around to catch a glimpse of Vanilla, who was thoughtfully grooming her feathers, the spark of hope gone from her eyes. There was a faint light in there somewhere and he would reignite it! He was having good success with the hole, which was now almost large enough to poke his head through. While he was not completely convinced he could break out and allow them freedom, with the many humans scurrying around like ants, he wanted to try. He supposed if he worked on it all day, then by nightfall it should be large enough for each of the owls to fit through snugly and at the crack of dawn they could return to the safety of their enclosure. The humans didn't check the compound frequently, so perhaps he might find a piece of wood or something to cover it up meanwhile.

N E I T H

Neith was quite surprised by the offer. It had been an eternity since she had enjoyed a good tussle, perhaps not since her pup-days. She noticed his attention was caught briefly on another wolf nearby, and she felt a pang of hurt. Would he rather be hanging out with someone else than her, the wolf with the constant babbling? She decided if he did, he'd have left already. She reluctantly complied, dipping her own torso down into a play-position. She adjusted herself slightly, heaving herself through the air to crash into Arin. She let out a light-hearted laugh, realizing just how much she had missed this. She took his soft flesh gently in her canines, a frisky growl erupting in her chest.

(( This roleplay is really interesting already and I'm excited to see where it goes. ^^

Image....Image

,rain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups