Divided We Stand (A Packs Roleplay, OPEN and ACCEPTING)

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: Divided We Stand (A Packs Roleplay, OPEN and ACCEPTING)

Postby *~WolfSoul~* » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:38 am

The healer’s dancing laugh was enough to draw the pup’s fluffy ears forward, more out of natural instinct than real intrigue with the sound, but the cadence was just enough to temporarily smooth away the little wrinkles of distaste on the youngster’s muzzle. Her lips pursed instead at Lilu’s assurance – Skye didn’t really even know who she was, how could she look like herself when she grew up? And unique didn’t sound so appealing. But, at least, Lilu’s words promised that Skye wasn’t certainly doomed to be soft and curvy as she aged, and that much was a relief.

Tentatively, the pup drew her spindly legs forward at the little nod of invitation the healer had given, slow to accept but inching closer nonetheless. The golden dove’s next words earned an immediate reaction however – Skye’s eyes, baby blue fighting to remain despite the encroaching flecks of adult yellow-gold, widened almost comically, her mouth falling open into a shocked and excited “O”.

“A bear? Is that what you give to Saber? Can you really give me medicine to make me look like that?” The pup was leaning forward earnestly now, eyes disbelieving but excited – she knew hardly anything of medicine, and as far as she knew there were poultices and potions to do just about anything. She came to stand in front of Lilu beside the coal bed, hind legs dancing absentmindedly with intrigue. Maybe that was how wolves like Saber and Clarence got so big and strong. “I want some!”

((Still shaking off the rust))
.Call me Wolf.
*~WolfSoul~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -goldleaf- » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:58 am

((Wolf, I'm reading back over Emily and Jesse's first exchange, and therefore their first initial postings as characters, and I wanted to say that I really appreciate that we got to bring both those those characters in the way that we did. I'm really happy that my partner in that experience was you. Not to toot our own horn or anything, but I think the writing was awesome :D :oops: ))

This time Lilu's lips were parted in a genuine smile, flashy in how short she let it stay full-fledged on her face. She felt a small blossom of warmth begin in her chest, appreciating the young dove for the exchange current. Her mind was then cast towards Saber with Skye's mention of him, and she felt a mild temor dash down her spine. Her paws took her almost briskly to a stand, as far as her movements went, and she was in motion to set up her tea kettle.

She had not been ready for the even larger bloom of warmth and thrilling beginning interest that had stirred so quickly in her chest at the thought of Saber. She was not a fae that ever gave such interest to brutes, as was her rule. She did not wear the leather tie around her ear for nothing, and to think of being even the smallest bit sweet on another wolf was enough to send her into a mild frenzy. How unexpected a feeling when simply talking to Skye now.

"I think he had a little too much of that tea." She returned, a laugh still very much in her voice, dampening down the restless feeling quickly. Instead Lilu tried to focus again on Skye, narrowing her eyes at the pup playfully, "What kind of tea do you like?"
(ง •̀_•́)ง
-goldleaf-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeena » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:33 am

Deinopius Rocks!
Player name: Zeena
Pack: Pack of the Northern Mountains
Name: Zeena
Sex: Female
Scent: Something similar to fresh pine needles, though she's got a hint of earthy rain scent hanging lightly in her fur.
Body Type: Zeena is relatively thin and light-weight with decent sized paws, perfectly adapted to hunting in snow and wet environments. She has shorter fur around her muzzle, eyes and on her legs with longer fur surrounding her face and down her back.
Pelt color: Grey with patches of white and black (see photo below)
Markings: Zeena has a white star on her forehead, a black mask running down her muzzle and around her eyes, and a black tail tip. Her legs and underside are white along with her cheeks.
Eye Color: Her eyes are a dark blue.
Other Details: N/A
Personality: Zeena has a zest for life and enjoys spending her time running, hunting and socializing. She is responsible and a born leader, having tested her qualities as a pack leader before. Her words may be seen as sarcastic sometimes, though she is truly a sweetheart once you get to know her. If you cross her or those she considers friends, there is no end to her ruthlessness and swift desire for justice.
Likes: Having been a leader of a pack before, she thrives on loyalty, trust and respect.
Dislikes: While she will follow orders to some extend, namely if given by someone she respects, she will only do as much as she pleases. Zeena will not be ordered around, nor will she accept just anyone as leader. Anyone that blatantly disregards her words or actions is immediately looked down upon.
Main Talent: Zeena lives for the thrill of the hunt. Her tracking skills are highly developed, along with her tactics to hunt specific species. Her main talent is elk and deer within a small team, though on her own she is especially talented in hunting rabbit.
Weak Point(s) (at least 3): Zeena is not extremely skilled in combat with other wolves, and usually leaves that to others if she can. Her combative personality with those in power can make her seem like an outcast, though in a position of power she is a strong leader. Zeena may seem high and mighty to those she just met, as she is unwilling to back down and has a certain air about her.
Fear(s): Being without a pack, having her vision or hunting tactics fail her
Song: Anyone Else - Pvris
History: Zeena was born in a litter of three to the alpha of the pack, Rena. This was Rena's second litter, with only one surviving pup from the first litter known as Becca. Within Zeena's litter there was another female known as May, and a male called Rowan. Their father was killed by a bear before they were born, so Zeena had never known her father though she was told stories of his bravery quite often by others of the pack. Rena was a witty, elegant leader who had spent numerous hours teaching Zeena about the thrill of hunting. As Zeena got older, there was a sudden shift in the pack when Rena became ill and had been unable to move for weeks. Becca had taken charge of the pack, assuming that due to being the eldest of Rena's children it was her right. She became angered that Zeena was chosen by Rena to become Alpha once she passed, and the anger consumed her. Becca attacked their mother for the title of Alpha, killing her in the process. Zeena was shocked to hear the news, feeling rather helpless to the situation as she had never been that close with Becca. Becca's reign was truly a reign of terror, making most of the pack concerned for their lives. Becca still had a certain hatred for her sisters, knowing one day they could take over and end her reign. A few months after Rena was killed, Becca had attempted to remove May from the pack causing Zeena to have to challenge Becca. May was too fragile and soft, usually putting up with what Becca had told her to do. Zeena refused to listen any longer, or have May killed simply because Becca felt threatened.
The fight lasted long, both opponents exhausted in the end. Zeena had eventually won and spared Becca's life by banishing her from the pack permanently, then took up the rank of Alpha and led the pack for some time afterwards. Eventually the pack had become smaller as a disease spread through, so Zeena felt it was best everyone dispersed and went on their own way. Zeena had made her way north at that point, eventually running into another pack and joined as a huntress. She soon was able to show her worth and became the beta female. The alpha male at the time, Blaze, had some doubts about his alpha female after consistent fighting and soon they both left the pack rather suddently. With the dispersal of the alphas, Zeena took up the rank of Alpha once more, this time with her mate. The pack was in disarray with the alpha's leaving, and soon everyone dispersed once again.
Zeena headed up north even further, where she met up with her mate and some loyal members of the pack. There, they created a pack once more. After some time passed and the pack became larger, her mate decided to leave her for someone else. This sudden turn of events forced Zeena to leave the pack, and she has been roaming ever since.

Desired Rank: Master Hunter
Current Rank: Hunter
Crush: None
Mate: None
Relatives and Pups: Has two sisters and a brother, otherwise no family.
Pic: Image
Artwork (C) LupinzPack on DeviantART
Character (C) Me
RP Example: Zeena began at a slow, steady trot through the forest, listening to the shrill chirping of birds and chattering of the squirrels as they scampered up in the trees. Her legs worked effortlessly as she quickened her pace at the scent of water, her nose twitching lightly as she got closer. Suddenly a strong earthy smell got her attention as she ducked down behind some thick brush, lowering her body but keeping her ears perked to detect any sort of noise. Her mind blocked out any white noise that was cast to her ears such as the wind hitting the trees, the squirrels and birds. She narrowed her eyes and focused on hearing the rustling coming from up ahead. Carefully noticing every movement of her body and putting extra focus into the placement of her paws, she crept forward patiently. The rustling noise became louder, along with the musty smell of earth mixed with wet soil. Zeena paused as she got close enough to recognize what she had been hearing, noticing a small herd of elk eating some shrubs in the clearing. There was one young elk in the mix, running around its mother and learning to use its long legs as it bucked and pranced in the field.
Zeena instinctively licked her lips at the thought of the young animal being manageable for her to take down, not to mention how much of an enjoyable meal it would be. She pondered her attack strategy as her eyes glanced over the herd counting the number of adults and determining what the precise angle of attack would be. If she were to run at the herd to scare them, splitting them in separate directions she knew the mother would go with the two elk grazing nearby her. If she were to go after them, they would run across the small clearing into the thicket, with the other adults attempting to confuse her and the yearling lost between the trees. Her thoughts began to change about where it would be best to attack, thinking of changing her strategy as the herd had begun to shift its direction and move towards the better grazing patch near the side of the clearing. It was now or never, she had to decide before the herd became lost among the thick trees and brush. Knowing her chances now were skewed in the elk's favor, she stood up from her position and made herself known as all eyes fell on her. She graciously walked into the clearing, lifting her head and continuing onwards past the onlooking herd. Perhaps she would find a better, more suitable meal elsewhere.

Thank you for considering me! :)

.....Need help?About Me
Zeena
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -goldleaf- » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:39 am

((Hi Zeena! I'm obviously not a final decision maker or anything, but I just wanted to say that I really liked your form, and that I think it would be a pleasure to write with you here; I'm also mildly in love with your signature artwork. Further, this Rp is very slow moving, and while we're on a bit of a comeback to it here I wouldn't want you to join and then get discouraged if it seems things move too slow for you))
(ง •̀_•́)ง
-goldleaf-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *~WolfSoul~* » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:48 am

((Eeeeeee omg Goldie that means so much to me. I absolutely loved that exchange, and I really appreciated that I got an opportunity to introduce Jesse in an interaction that didn't pressure me to water him down in order to be friendly. I'm very glad that you were my partner in that exchange, as well <3
Also, ahhh, that Lilu post has got my heart thumping))

The young wolf’s mood was warmed naturally by the smile that unleashed across Lilu’s face – the pup thrived on laughter and genuine expressions of praise or positivity now that she had found a pack full of wolves who would give such feedback. Skye wasn’t yet learned enough in the nuances of Lilu’s character or conversation in general to really think much of the sudden briskness in the healer’s movements. Any attention the pup might have given to the change was easily washed away and redirected with Lilu’s voice. The little pup gave an answering giggle to the mention of Saber, a softness coming into her eyes and chest at the thought of her favorite pack member. She had bonded easily with him since coming to the pack, admiring him for his size and stature and finding in him both playfulness and patience in turns when she needed it, though she was yet too young to truly appreciate what the older baron was giving her that her own parents had not, or to realize all the ways Saber might be benefiting from her presence, too.

The pup’s smile faded slightly at the healer’s question, speckled eyes surveying shelves of herbs around the den. Was there no bear tea, then? Couldn't there be something to ensure Skye might grow up right? “Is there any that will make me big and strong?”

(I've got to go for a bit, apologies for the shortness here)
.Call me Wolf.
*~WolfSoul~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Royal Mirage » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:57 am

((Hey Zeena, welcome! As goldie pointed out, we are definitely a slow-moving rp, which is something to consider if you'd like to join. I'd also suggest making a male second character - it helps keep the genders a little more balanced within the rp, and will give you another character to use when things slow down.

As for replies I owe, I'm going to try to get some down tonight after the big baking bonanza for the holidays. Makes me so happy to see this place up and running again though <3))
Deviantart, Flight Rising, Divided We Stand, WME Challenge
I'm not the babysitter...
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Royal Mirage » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:45 pm

The sun hung heavy in the center of the sky, its bloated form aching to dip westward as morning turned to afternoon. The pair had progressed far due to the single-minded condition of Lilith's determination, the only desire she would let herself focus on for longer than a moment. The fierce need to keep moving had been propelling the doves for hours now, and while physical strain had yet to become an issue, the numbing repetitive movements had quelled the fierce storm that had raged in the huntress' heart. Her eyes hadn't threatened to water for some time, and her paws had gone from a rushed, stumbling mass of frenzied escape to the lithe, steady beat of a traveler's gait. It's okay now, her inner thoughts reassured, as the fae let her steps slow until she had come to a walk. Hazy eyes blinked a few times as the world came back into focus, noticing the scraggy landscape from the base of the mountains had flattened out, with the pair now surrounded by rolling hills of standing hay, dotted occasionally with trees along the horizon. Lilith had unconsciously been following a path worn into the ground, though one that was hardly discernible now; visibly, it was nothing more than a slight ripple, a divot in the ground, but the ancient scents of wolves who had come before them still remained. The Central Plains, a place Lilith had heard of in old stories of the pack lands, but had never seen for herself; that was where the path would take them.

Coming to a full stop, the dark fae collected herself before tilting her head to catch the gaze of her only companion. Even after their hours of travel, Sparrow had kept up, had never drawn too close but was never so far that Lilith couldn't hear her steady pawsteps. A comforting beat to the crescendo of emotion she had endured. She didn't deserve such careful concern. "How are you holding up?" she asked, feeling an uncomfortable weight settle over her heart. Any discomfort or unpleasantness Sparrow was experiencing was because of her actions, asking how she was doing wasn't helpful. Without the ivory mask situated over her face, her concern, her displeasure with herself, the embarrassment she felt were as apparent as though she had voiced them aloud.

With a nod, Maia turned away from Kirsten, talented ears having caught the whispery notes regardless of the howling gales. The promise of a hunt forgotten, the sterling alphess began leading the much smaller party back to camp. The trail ahead seemed to stretch on forever, a path traversed in mostly pleasant spirits before now an endless road of doubts and regret. But that was no way to think, she couldn't torment herself with what she could have done, or should have done. Here and now were what mattered. "You must have been travelling a long time Kirsten," she began, glancing over her shoulder and attempting to meet the fae's emerald gaze, the simple filigree over her nose striking a matte contrast. "You're a long way from home." She knew just how far Kirsten must have traveled, recalling the journey she had made with her sisters from the exact same place. Passing the forest Kirsten loved to get lost in, passing the strange wolf city, weaving through the harsh mountain ranges for what seemed like a lifetime before coming across a Mountain scout those months ago.

((Well that's two rusty ones anyway - hope you don't mind the little skip Nellas! And goldie, we could have Maia and Kirsten come across Roan when they get back to camp if you'd like, looks like the poor fella could use a hand))
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nellas » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:13 pm

Sparrow’s keen mountain-grey gaze was ever aware of Lilith ahead of her, the other dove’s lithe dark form a dependable presence in the long, quiet hours the two spent covering distance with easy strides that ate the ground. Her breath moved evenly in and out of her lungs, and her muscles were warm and loose with the exercise; through her initial anxiety born of concern for the head hunter, she found herself enjoying their travel. Not a sharp, loud enjoyment that would come from a gift or a hug or the laughter of friends, but a quieter, mild contentment. After a while, the aching tension in Sparrow’s lean shoulders evened out; now, she was a creature of endless fluid movement, at once melted into the landscape and floating over it. The mild-mannered hills they breasted were pleasant and stretched for miles, covered in a shimmering golden ocean of hay that rippled and folded in the passing winds. The only thing to break this picture were dark silhouettes of trees in the distance, and behind them, the increasingly hazy mountains. Every beat of her paw brought her feeling closer and closer to the landscape and the moment, as if her personal anxieties and concerns were melting away with each lightening step she took.

As drawn to detail as she was, Sparrow was so taken by the current moment that she almost didn’t notice at first the subtle change in Lilith’s stride. Correcting her gait, she slowed to a walk alongside her companion and then a stop, bringing her gaze to match Lilith’s only after she was sure the other sought it. The hunter’s expression shook her from her reverie; across her packmate’s dark face, emotions flowed in a way that Sparrow had never been privy to before, and she felt she was seeing more of Lilith than she should, yet that to look away would somehow be to insult her.

“I feel well, thank you, Lilith,” Sparrow replied, the words soft and catching in her throat from disuse. Unsure quite what the right thing to say next was, a pause was born of Sparrow’s making in which she studied, quietly, the depths of the hunter’s teal gaze. Simply asking how she was wouldn’t be the right phrasing, as she didn’t want to simply rub in the fact of the emotions the tracker could see on her face. Yet she needed to say something to convey her continued concern and care, so she mirrored the question: “And you? How are you holding up? Can I… Do you need anything?” Her ears flickered back and forth in slight embarrassment; knowing that Sparrow was not part of the problems Lilith was facing almost made the situation worse, because she wasn’t sure there was anything she could do to help despite her ache to.

((I don't seem to owe anyone now but Clarence- let me know if I'm mistaken!))
Used to be Nellas Lissësúl
befriend me - Divided We Stand - a dear friend - my wmes
Nellas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Royal Mirage » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:53 pm

And yet Sparrow still sought to do more. The midnight fae felt ashamed at how her heart warmed with the concern of her dusky companion, guilty that she was receiving care even after all they'd gone through. And yet not guilty enough to send Sparrow away, no, she was undeserving of this seemingly limitless devotion. "I'll be fine," she murmured in contradiction to her worn expression, finally breaking eye contact and looking forward to skim the tops of the tall grasses surrounding the two. She was certain now, as the serene breeze made rolling waves of shimmering gold around them, that this was the abandoned promised land of the ancient alphas, a land too quiet and tranquil to be reclaimed. She felt more than heard small animals scurrying through the heavy cover, likely mice, voles, and rabbits making a living off the bounty of seeds from the living grass sea. "Do you know this place?" Lilith asked plainly, voice hushed still in accordance with the heavy silence that permeated the atmosphere, an air of respectful reverence that prevented louder tones from voicing themselves.
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nellas » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:06 pm

The back and forth exchange between Saber and Skye and the familiarity with which it took place warmed Clarence’s heart to observe it; it reminded him undeniably of his relationship with Quinn. He felt a surge of affection centered in his sternum for the three of them, then; and although it didn’t quite make it all the way to the curve of his mouth, the softened lines around his eyes and the way in which he watched after Skye’s retreating back and after turned his gaze to Saber revealed his appreciation somewhat. At Saber’s words, he emitted a small grunt of agreement from his throat- Skye certainly was a wayward one, to use Saber’s words, but she brought laughter and merriment to the pack that so often seemed to focus on competition and violence.

Clarence blinked at Saber’s second set of words, his eyebrows quirking up in an expression that wasn’t distaste but spoke somewhat to a faint sense of unease that he couldn’t quite place into words. It wasn’t the fact that they now harbored two strangers alone, but the knowledge that many of their pack members were injured, including himself, didn’t sit well alongside it. Dappled light slid across the dark set of his facial features as he turned his head to observe the two newcomers.

“I like n’Obi.” Clarence’s voice cut softly through the pause that had grown. It was easy to think of n’Obi. Clarence had been ready to leap across the body of the moose in a heartbeat to stop n’Obi from harming Gemini, but despite the slight altercation, he liked the wolf. “He’s… straightforwards. And he doesn’t seem to have a mean bone in his body.” The small conversation he and n’Obi had had together improved his case as well. Certainly, on principle Clarence didn’t yet trust the stranger, no matter how friendly he seemed, but he didn’t stand out either as one to keep a particularly close eye on.

“As for Jesse … “ it was tricker, and Clarence’s brows furrowed slightly with the effort of thought. His first impression of the other wolf was that of caution. He’d gotten the chance to talk with n’Obi, but all he’d heard from Jesse was that he was looking for someone, and he’d be moving on soon enough, which at least was some small comfort to the fiercely protective beta. Clarence had questions- where did Jesse come from? and his scars? Who was he looking for, and why? “I don’t know that I trust him. There’s a lot to him that I know nothing about, and I can see from his scarred coat he’s experienced a lot. N’Obi’s one thing. I don’t necessarily dislike Jesse, but unless anything changes, I think I’ll be glad when he moves on.” Doing his best to ignore the pain in his shoulder, Clarence shifted his posture slightly in a manner that took some of the weight off his shoulder yet still allowed for a stance that wouldn’t take time standing up from. His eyes, an intense dark blue in the shadowed light beneath the trees, lingered on the startlingly pale form of Jesse as he stood at the moose. The distance between the two brutes allowed the beta to observe the loners while not needing to be as subtle about it, and so he kept his gaze trained in their direction as he turned the question to Saber: “What about you- do you have any thoughts?”

~

Mirroring Lilith’s posture, Sparrow let her eyes drift across the grasses’ swaying fronds. They were mesmerizing, and the whispers of stalk brushing against stalk filled her tall ears. Looking away as they both were, Sparrow’s expression was shielded from Lilith’s eyes, and Lilith’s from hers. You’ll be fine eventually, but it’s alright to not be fine now, was what Sparrow ached to say; the words rested on the tip of her tongue. And yet, she didn’t want to cross a line or presume how Lilith felt. At the thought, her chest felt tight, because the head hunter’s answer to her question had confirmed her fear: there didn’t seem to be anything Sparrow could do for her right now. A thin spike of pain seared through the inside of her mouth as she bit her lip, deliberately, before speaking again, suddenly feeling that the landscape was almost eerily quiet.

“I’m not sure I do; at least not well enough to have a name for it.” Sparrow’s voice, characteristically soft, courted with the breezes, but with the peacefulness of the rest of the atmosphere, she didn’t worry that Lilith would be able to discern her words. She’d been here before, once, at night; she recognized it now. It was different in the day; at night the grasses made a silvered sea that swallowed her as she slipped through it, and the long fading scent of a mouse-hunting coyote seemed to be the only other major presence there. At night, the wind rushed faster over the hills, and Sparrow had felt as if it would take her away. She had loved it, and feared it. It was a place to get lost in. She had been glad to let the ever comforting presence of the mountains in the distance lure her back home.

“We’ve covered a lot of ground today; and to think that soon, our pack will be coming this way themselves on their way to the Southern Camp.” As soon as she had spoken, she bit her lip again, harder this time, feeling she had spoken too soon. It was surely insensitive for her to mention the others when they were exactly who Lilith seemed to be getting away from now. Her expression was openly apologetic, brows drawn and lips pressed close together, as she glanced Lilith’s way, unsure as to the head hunter’s impeding response.
Used to be Nellas Lissësúl
befriend me - Divided We Stand - a dear friend - my wmes
Nellas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me