Desertclan - An Warriors RP - OPEN!

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: Desertclan - An Warriors RP - OPEN!

Postby feyre.archeron » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:16 am

SCORPIONSTAR
tomcat • thirty-nine moons • leader • no crush • no mate • form • Spencer Reid
tags: softberry • mentions: hollowpaw, oliverwhisker

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Scorpionstar turned his slender head towards the medicine cat and smiled softly. He caught the slight glimmer of worry that still danced in her eyes and he knew they both had the same fear. Where would the disease strike next? Who? He blinked carefully and tipped his head to the side, certain Hollowpaw rested in the depths of the den, but he couldn’t know. He twitched his ears and reasserted himself again “Any news on the sickness?” he asked, his ears flickering towards the elders den. He wanted to speak with Oliverwhisker, to ask her of his choice in deputy. He had planned to pick the grey tom known as Stripeheart, knowing him to be a valiant warrior, he would offer so much for the clan and for himself. He was a clever cat and intelligent. He knew his way around the clan and he was a senior warrior at this point… but weren’t they all? They had all suffered through so much in such a short period of time, perhaps Starclan had truly turned their backs on them. His gaze flickered to the sky, they had offered him lives of a leader but had given him nothing to guide the clan on this sickness. There had not been a single dream sent from starclan to either cats, or at least not that he knew of and now he waited bitterly to see if the cats he offered his life too could give him something more.

SCORCHFUR
tomcat • sixty-nine moons • warrior • no crush • no mate • form • Alexander Hamilton
tags: tallears • mentions: bramblepool, brittlepaw

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Scorchfur twitched his tail, watching the other cats rally around him. He stood tall, chest puffed out, just like his grandfather had stood so long ago, waiting for his own patrol to join him. He twitched his ears, watching as each cat gathered, his eyes locking on Brittlepaw. She looked weak and unkempt… had her mentor already spoken with her or was Brittlepaw just being rebellious against keeping clean. Her and Oddpaw certainly had no mother to force grooming upon them, it was the mentors job now. He turned to Bramblepool but said nothing, just watched for a second before returning his amber gaze to Tallears. “I would like you to walk to my right, keep up with me, you are the ears of this and it may be to hot for prey to be out and about, we may need you to pinpoint prey in their tunnels” he offered, nodding respectfully to the cat at his side. The tom had large ears and he knew those ears were perfect for hunting, certainly they would not return empty pawed as many other hunting patrols had.

ODDPAW
she-cat • seven moons • apprentice to sandclaw • no crush • no mate • form • Rose Tyler
tags: sandclaw • mentions: brittlepaw

The tom cat had turned to her with a silent stare, her pelt prickling under his gaze. She snapped her jaw shut, unwilling to say more as he rose to his paws. Pebbles shifted under his weight, making her ears flicker towards the scratching sounds beneath his paws, but his words left her feeling disappointed. Probably not? How was she ever going to learn in time to be a warrior? She felt her head drop slightly, but as quickly as it had dropped, it perked itself back up. He would teach her something and something was quite clearly better than nothing. She shifted, moving herself to his side and letting her muscles warm beneath the desert sun, not that she had much of an option. The warmth penetrated her pelt, soaking into the soreness that had settled in her marrow over-night. Her eyes skimmed over her sister, so bitterly defeated in her appearance, but why? She hadn’t been acting normal recently, her stare always blank as if nothing worked itself through her mind, her pelt ragged, weak, clinging together in some spots. No matter how much she groomed herself it seemed to stay that way and she was sure at this point Brittlepaw had just given up the idea completely. Even now, as she bounced beside her mentor, nothing seemed to matter. She didn’t actually betray a sense of excitement, she simply faked it. Oddpaw now turned her duel colored eyes onto the tomcat at her side “Brittlepaw is acting funny” she murmured, twitching her ears forward, her eyes filled with worry for her only sibling “She hasn’t been normal… she won’t drink… and she barely wants to eat… she’s not even grooming herself anymore” the she-cat murmured, her voice sliding from her through in quick, short spurts. She wasn’t sure why she was telling her mentor this, she had vowed not to bring it up to anyone, figuring it was something Brittlepaw would work out but it no longer seemed that was the case and perhaps she should see the medicine cat, at least for some herbs to make her feel better.
feyre.archeron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Desertclan - Sandclaw two

Postby xayah » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:53 am

SANDCLAW
      The brown tom flicked his ears in acknowledgement towards Stripeheart."Sounds good to me." He mewed quietly. With a quick nod to the silver tabby and his apprentice he fell into step behind the patrol. He wanted to get this done as soon as possible before the air became stuffy and the ground too hot to touch. While he felt proud to be a warrior of Desertclan he couldn't help but wish they lived somewhere else. Somewhere the sun wouldn't soak into his dark pelt and heat him to the core. Wouldn't hurt to be called Forestclan or Nice-cool-weather-with-hardly-any-sunclan. He purred to himself.

As the patrol carried on Sandclaw felt another cat fall into step beside him. The quiet voice told him it was Oddpaw. He tore his eyes from the brown, dry scenery and gazed down at his apprentice. He could see the worry in her eyes and angled his head down to listen to her. She mentioned her sister Brittlepaw and how strange she'd been acting recently. He recalled the bedraggled she-cat this morning when Scorpionstar had called the meeting. She had looked rather out of it, too. The memory of Stormpelt sent a shiver through Sandclaws body, the fur along his spine rising. "I wouldn't worry about her too much, Oddpaw, every cat has an off day here and there." He tried to sound calm and reassuring but couldn't hide the concern in his voice. "I'm sure Brittlepaw will go to Softberry if she's feeling ill?" He nudged the white cats shoulder gently before picking up his pace to stay behind Stripeheart. He paused stopped briefly to renew the scent marking on a large cluster of rocks and continued on, eager to return to camp.
xayah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

warblerpaw (2) | tallears (2)

Postby crash the mode » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:15 am

WARBLERPAW
──────────── desertclan apprentice ────────────
where patrol · with stripeheart, sandclaw, oddpaw

indentStripeheart seemed less than enthused by her idea, but what did he know? It wasn't like he spoke personally with the medicine cats on a regular basis, and it's not like the medicine cats looked for plants they didn't already know they would need. Warblerpaw kept her head down until her mentor's tail had cleared her space at which time she raised it again just as confidently, "Exactly, so who's to say?" She liked Stripeheart fine, and respected him as a warrior, but if he wasn't going to ask himself simple questions he wouldn't get any answers. She followed him out of the camp closely, sticking to his side almost like a bur until they were through the entrance and out in the desert proper.

indentThe camp had been hot, but it also had a lot of shelter from the sun that the patrol no longer benefited from out here. Warblerpaw trotted forward several paces only to return and repeat the action. Stripeheart's instructions to check the border markers herself (herself and Oddpaw's self) weren't going to carry themselves out if they took their sweet time getting to the border. Between markers, she decided, she would keep looking for those strange plants she mentioned earlier. She'd know them when she was them, whatever they were.

TALLEARS
───────────── desertclan warrior ─────────────
where hunting patrol · with scorchfur, bramblepool, brittlepaw

indentTo the same degree that Scorchfur was watching Brittlepaw, Tallears was avoiding it. There was no pretending she didn't look as terrible as her breathing sounded, and he was already preparing himself to ignore that when they were out in the quiet desert and he was to be locating prey. That said, Scorchfur's order was standard and he'd expected nothing else. The day promised to be hot and dry and it was a small wonder they would be in their dens rather than crossing hot sand. He certainly would rather be in his den. Frankly, though, prey was scarce and he-- his hearing --was an asset the clan couldn't afford not to utilize.

indent"You got it," He agreed as dryly as the last.
crash the mode

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winstalgia » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:14 am

<<Shrewpaw>>
<Apprentice> <Tom> <Location; camp> <8 moons> <Tagged; Vixenpaw>

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The apprentice ambled outside into the camp clearing, shaking his pelt; yawning his small yet sharp teeth showing. He padded to his sister, Vixenpaw and sat down next her, cleansing his fur, still a bit drowsy from waking up. "Did Scorchfur come looking for me?" He asked, curious if his mentor had been looking for him at all. He didn't care currently but if Scorchfur had wanted him up he ought be told if so. Vixenpaw spoke to Shrewpaw but it was inaudible Not hearing her, lost in his thoughts he simply shrugged. Everyday he wished he could see his parents one last time. Every morning he was slightly depressed-Sometimes without knowing. At least training and doing apprentice duties helped him focus more on helping the clan than dragging his paws through dirt thinking about his family.
A sharp prod from his sister snapped him awake and he cuffed her on the ear. "What was that for, Mouse-brain?" He scowled. Vixenpaw simply laughed, ignoring his rude comment. "Your doing it again. You know, Spacing out." She mewed. Shrewpaw rolled his eyes.
Why is still here, anyway? Shouldn't she be picking fleas off the elders...? He groaned inside.

<<Vixenpaw>>
<Apprentice> <She-cat> <Location; Camp> <8 moons> <Tagged; Shrewpaw>
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The she-cat was eating a mouse outside the apprentice den near the clearing of the camp when her brother ambled out toward her. Her whisker/s twitched as she scooted over to make room over the some-what patch of shade. A second after her brother asked her his question, she shrugged. "Not that I know of, I woke up not long ago." With another shrug she bent forward to take a bite of the mouse, expecting to hear a response from Shrewpaw. Rolling her eyes she sighed. She had lost her parents already-She didn't wanna loose her brother even though he was a mouse-brain at times. She didn't like it when she got ignored by him so she lifted her paw and jabbed it in her brothers side hard as she could. With a jolt he had snapped out of his daze and snapped at her. Not that hurt by his remark she giggled. Then again, She wondered what her mentor what up to now that she thought about it. She shrugged it off, and nudged the rest of the mouse to Shrewpaw who flicked his tail, obviously upset with her.

<<Dustfall>>
<Warrior> <Tom> <Location; Camp> <28 Moons> <Tagged; open>
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Open-Feel free to interact with.
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby feyre.archeron » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:22 am

ROSEPETAL
she-cat • sixty-five moons • warrior • no crush • no mate • form • Elizabeth Schuyler
tags: vixenpaw, shrewpaw, asphodelpaw • mentions: mossclaw, scorpionstar

Warm sun soaked into the soft reds of Rosepetal’s pelt, her ears twitching forward as noise emanated from the apprentice den. It was no surprise to her when the two straggling apprentices slid out of the den, talking animatedly to one another, or at least as animated as she had seen them. The two had been down and out since the loss of their parents, much more focused on one another than the clan and she couldn’t very well blame them. She herself spent much of her time doting on the graves at the top of the oasis rather than being a warrior, but Scorpionstar was too new to handle the pressure of disciplining a senior warrior, especially when the senior warrior was the daughter of the previous leader. He let her and her sister get off easier than others because he simply didn’t know how to handle them, and Rosepetal was more than okay with that.

Rosepetal twisted herself to the side and, with plenty of reluctance, lifted herself to her paws. The burning ground, though scorching, left nothing but a warm tingle upon the she-cats calloused paws as she strode towards the two apprentices, briefly wondering where her own apprentice had gone off to. Perhaps, he was still tucked away in his den as she wished she was, however she knew she would need to change that and find the feline after she dealt with the other two.
“Vixenpaw, Shrewpaw” she managed, swaying her tail in greeting. The two looked up at her almost instantaneously and the soft red feline felt a moment of softness towards the two “Woke up a bit late I see, Vixenpaw why don’t you go find your mentor. Shrewpaw, Scorchfur has set out on a hunting patrol, until he returns why don’t you go clean out Oliverwhisker’s bedding” she remarked, and though her words sounded like suggestions, her tone was commanding of the two, determined that they get on with their day and not laze around. With a soft smile, she dismissed the two and ducked her head into the apprentices den. Several scents cascaded over her, the two she had just left, along with the other set of siblings and her own apprentice. She twitched her nose, taking in every scent she could before at last calling to her apprentice “Asphodelpaw?”

SCORCHFUR
tomcat • sixty-nine moons • warrior • no crush • no mate • form • Alexander Hamilton
tags: tallears, bramblepool, pricklepelt, brittlepaw • mentions: shrewpaw

The sun beat down on the lengthy tomcat, his golden pelt shimmering like the sand as the rays of the desert sun danced across it. He felt radiant and strong under the dense heat, his muscles burning with a fire he desired to feel constantly. He barely noticed that his apprentice was not at with them, but when at last he recognized the silence that came with it, her flicked his tail. Certainly Rosepetal would put his apprentice to work, serves him right for waking up later. Scorchfur felt the sands warmth sink between his paw pads as the thought bounced around inside his skull. He was not much for wanting to mentor, much more comfortably on his own in the desert but he had to admit that Shrewpaw wasn’t the worst apprentice he could have gotten. They shared a sort of likeness, both missing their parents desperately, but Shrewpaw was much younger than Scorchfur and he handled it quite different. Scorchfur would need to remember to take the young feline out to hunt and practice battle moves, get his mind off the loss of his parents, but until then he would continue his duty and let Rosepetal take over where he had failed for the moment.

Turning his attention back to the hunting party, his tail flicked as he watched Brittlepaw stumble over nothing but air, the once bouncy apprentice now clouded in an air of sickness that he couldn’t quite put his paw on. Had the others noticed? His gaze swept carefully across the group, Tallears had certainly noticed, keen on avoiding the young feline, and Bramblepool was doting on the weak kit, but it seemed like no ones else really cared. Pricklepelt was too caught up in scenting the air that she failed to notice that odd odor that oozed from Brittlepaw’s pelt, but then again, his nose was much keener than others, so perhaps he was scenting something they were not. He shook the worry from his maw and turned back to the task at hand. Not far from the oasis was a small patch of land in which many ground squirrels made their home. Just past it was a desert forest, littered with trees and currently dried up underbrush. It was shaded much like that area around camp, but much denser and very rarely explored except my medicine cat searching for herbs. They would hunt the ground squirrels, an easy place for prey if only they came out of their holes.

As they approached the spot, small holes begin appearing in no particular pattern
“What your step” he offered to the cats the followed behind him, hoping to steer clear of any injuries. He turned his attention to the tom at his side “Any noise?” he asked, ears flicking forward. The tom would be able to pinpoint where the brood of creatures was hiding, or at least the odd one here and there if nothing else.

ODDPAW
she-cat • seven moons • apprentice to sandclaw • no crush • no mate • form • Rose Tyler
tags: sandclaw, warblerpaw, patrol • mentions: brittlepaw

The heat of the desert cascaded down upon the small she-cat, her white pelt offering little retreat from the exhausting heat. She flicked her ears, her paws warming against the desert sand, and tilted her head towards her mentor. Her muzzle was thin and narrow, her pink nose twitching as dust particles assaulted her nostrils, she looked innocent and fragile despite her lashing tail. Did Sandclaw insinuate that her sister was not ill? Was he blind? She turned her head away from her mentor sniffing at the stale, hot air and watched the older apprentice ahead of her trot ahead several paces before slowing to her mentor’s side again. Oddpaw felt a twinge in her stomach as the scent of mouse wafted to her from a small burrow in the sand. The scent was stale but still strong enough to make her maw water with delight, saliva dripping from her canines and sinking into the fur around the corner of her jaw. She shook the hunger away and trotted ahead a tad bit, slowing only to turn her worried blue and green eyes towards her mentor “I hope you’re right, but something is wrong… she’s not Brittlepaw anymore” she murmured, before setting off ahead to join the older apprentice. She approached Warblerpaw in much the way she would any apprentice, her tail held high behind her almost like a flag waving in the desert air, her ears pricked and chest puffed out, though it made her appearance change very little, she assumed she looked larger, tougher. However, Warblerpaw stood a short ways taller than her, leaving her feeling rather minute next to the larger, older cat.

She twisted her head to the side, watching muscles work beneath the older apprentices pelt before she actually opened her maw to speak
“Hey Warblerpaw” she managed, unsure how to truly approach the cat. She squinted her eyes, the deep black of her pupils reflecting the confusion she felt in her mind. Was this appropriate? She wasn’t very social, at least she hadn’t been recently, and she was brand new to being an apprentice, so the rules and the socializing were new to her.

BRECKEN
tomcat • twenty-one moons • loner • no crush • no mate • form • Alex Karev
tags: hollowpaw • mentions: brixx

It wasn’t like he wasn’t used to the heat, he woke up to it every morning and though the desert forest added much shade and comfort to his little den, the air was still thick with desert heat and even now it made the freckled black and white tom’s pelt cling to his skin. He shifted uncomfortably in the den, lavishing in the cool ground he had left untouched during the night. After her a hunt he would return to his makeshift den and stir up the soil, leaving cool, moist soil atop the dry, earthy soil that he now lay upon. It was an everyday thing, the soil never settling, always ending up churned outwards or upwards but he never deepened the den, to content in the way her could tuck himself firmly against the walls as if he wasn’t sleeping alone at night yet still utterly content in the silence his own presence offered him.

He forced his body into an upright position, his tail lashing as he crawled from the den, keeping his balance. He squinted into the light, taking in the heat of the day as he did every morning. He was one for nature, that was for sure and he greatly enjoyed every morning he spent in the shadows of what he considered his forest. The tom cat spent quite some time just watching the way the trees moved, admiring the way the breeze lifted his pelt ever so slightly. He loved the warmth on his fur once it became dry and not humid like the air that filled his den every morning. Even the scurrying of creatures through the underbrush elated him.

The freckled cat was often alone, rarely speaking with anyone though he occasionally happened upon a small, orange, one eyed cat that went by the name of Brixx, and they would spend small amounts of time together, chatting and hunting until the two went their separate ways to once again live the life of absolute loners. He didn’t mind the life after all and neither did Brixx, but some days, such as today, some early morning chatter would be nice, but nothing like the life of a clan cat. He enjoyed freedom, enjoyed living life of his own ackord. He was a free-spirit so to speak and he was well aware of it. Even now as he finally ditched the concept of nature watching, he felt an emptiness at his side. He let his ears flick forward, thirst building up inside his chest, demanding that he quench it. He would need to find a small stream or puddle, there were very few but they were around and they held plentiful amount of herbs.

He picked his way carefully through the underbrush, careful not to disturb any creatures, a smile plastered across his rather broad maw. He loved walking through the desert forest, he loved the sounds his paws made when they crushed twigs or shifted the dirt. He was so caught up in his focus on these smaller things that he was unaware of the dangers that had impeded on his expedition. Another feline, not far off, had caught wind of the large tom, his own muscles now fatigued with a sickness that no one could comprehend, but his confusion and hunger (though he never actually ate) made his thoughts circle around Brecken. At the sides of his mouth lay bile laced in a sickening layer of foam and saliva dripped from his maw in hideous successions of noise. He couldn’t track Brecken but the foolishly oblivious feline walked straight towards him and with a sharp yowl, the cat lunged.

Claws slashed through air and, though terrified, the black and white cat leapt away. He watched the cat, or more accurately, creature, sway on unsteady paws as he once again turned his hazy eyes towards the freckled tom.
“Hold on, I’m sorry if I trespassed” he countered, but his words went unnoticed, not even a shimmer of understanding flashing through the felines blank stare. “Mouse dung” he cursed, turning with coordination towards the deeper parts of the forest. He ran at full speed and though the cat chased after him, his unstead paws left him fumbling a great distance behind though his sights were now set on the tomcat. Once again, the black and white tom was oblivious to his surroundings, more focused on escaping that worrying about what else was around he missed the tell tale scent of another cat and within seconds he collided with the other tomcat, sending them both flailing forwards, his weight landing heavily atop the brown tom.

Immediately, the freckled tom removed himself from the brown one, his sides heaving as he attempted to catch his breath, not fully listening to the words that slid from the males maw. Fear trickled from his pelt as he tossed a glance over his shoulder. He couldn’t hear the other cat, not yet but he knew he was there, following him hastily through the forest. His green orbs returned to the tomcat before him when at last words registered in his mind. What was he running from?
Good question the tom thought. The cat had been mad, but it was not aggression that had made it such. There was a sickly sweet odor that emanated from the creature's breath, a disgusting, taint of death mixed with something more sinister. He twitched his ears and shook his head at the tom.

His eyes scanned the forest quickly before spotting a large tree with just enough room for the two cats to sit, and in perfect time as well. Not far out he heard the clumsy pawsteps of a fast approaching cat, the cat with the bitter scent, the cat he was running from.
“No time to talk” he stated, shoving the tomcat forward with his broad head “Up” he offered, pointing towards the tree. He leaped upwards, not waiting for the other tom to do the same and sunk his claws deep into the trees bark. The tomcat looked bewildered, but just as Brecken reached his post, the third cat barreled out of the bushes with a frightening snarl “Come on!” he shouted, his tail lashing nervously from side to side.
feyre.archeron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winstalgia » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:34 pm

<<Shrewpaw>>

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Shrewpaw looked across cqmp to see Rosepetal pad their way. Suppressing a groan he rose to his feet. He managed to smile, although a bit annoyed he still had to clean out Oliverwhiskers bedding. He glanced sideways at his sister who eyes were gleaming and she smirked, probably glad he had gotten that job in the first place. His whiskers twitched and he wished Scorchfur would appear so they could train- he'd do anything to get out of cleaning. But then again it wasn't so bad;
Just gotta trash the old, dirty bedding and bring in new moss. He perked his ears and nodded. "Alright, Rosepetal. Will do." He mewed,
trying too sound enthusiastic about his assignment. Then he loped over to the warrior den and sought out oliverwhiskers, his mentor nowhere near sight. He scraped out the dirty bedding and then went to the camp entrance, looking around for some fresh, dry bedding and hopefully bird feathers-which he came to doubt later on after five minutes of searching he wasn't going to find any- and returned to camp, adding it to oliverwhiskers desk. He seemed please with himself and briskly paced out of the den, to see whatelse he mine as well do.

<<Vixenpaw>>
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vixenpaw watched as her brother hastily dashed away to compete his apprentice chores.
She turned to face Rosepetal who seemed to be leaving already at a fair, brisk pace into the apprentice den, presumably seeking out her own apprentice. She finished the mouse Shrewpaw had refused, withholding his grudge earlier and then looked around for Mangledfoot. Her mentor had to be Here somewhere. Then again, the she cat had awoken not long before her brother so she was a tad late. She had no clue whether she could be on a patrol or something, anything. After some debate she decided to go and check around camp before she snagged her claw on a rock. She ignored the small strip of agony as it struck her paw. She cursed loudly but quickly shook the pain off and continued searching for her mentor.

<<Dustfall>>
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am on mobile sorry if this is too short
Last edited by Winstalgia on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CoolComrade » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:32 am

F I T Z
| tom | 28 | loner | tags: open
--------------------------------------------------------------
Fitz's head felt clouded as he blinked the sleep out of his eyes, and the sun shining through the rocks of his cave made him flinch.
The air in his den was still pretty cool, and the gray and white tom hoped it would stay that way. He was tempted to go back to sleep,
but one small growl from his stomach told him it was time to get up. He hoisted himself to his paws, stretching forward and backwards and getting his joints loosened. He sat back down and began the series of twists and stretches that comprised his morning grooming.
Once he was positive his fur was clear of any knots and larger clumps of sand, he began to scan his den. Often there was a scorpion or two scurrying around in the cool crevices of the cave. Fitz's whiskers twitched with excitement when he saw a dark, pointed tail slip behind a rock. It was risky, hunting scorpions, but the little meat they provided was delicious. He found the scorpion again and quickly dispatched it, and settled down to eat.
Stomach still mostly empty, Fitz set out to find something more satisfying. Fresh prey-scents lingered across the heavily marked border of the cats that lived there. Fitz's paws itched to cross the border, but common sense told him that the cats he had seen would not take kindly to a loner hunting there. Restless and hungry, he paced the line, hoping something juicy would come his way.

M A N G L E D F O O T
| molly | 36 | warrior | tags: vixenpaw
Mangledfoot's jaws parted in a wide yawn as she sat up and began to quickly clean her fur. Her apprentice, Vixenpaw, would be up soon, if she wasn't already. As she paused to gnaw at a knot in her tail fur, the tortoiseshell molly could here a loud expletive from across camp. Vixenpaw, Mangledfoot thought, rolling her eyes. She'd have to remind her to watch her language. It wasn't that the mentor didn't let out a curse every now and again, but an eight moon old apprentice was too young, in her opinion, to be using that sort of tongue.
Limping quickly out of the den, and mentally cursing the injured paw that was her namesake, Mangledfoot approached her apprentice from behind. "Good morning, Vixenpaw," she began, but paused after the greeting. She could smell mouse on the smaller, light brown molly. "You've eaten," the mentor scolded. "Must I remind you again that you need to feed the clan before yourself?"
Last edited by CoolComrade on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
CoolComrade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winstalgia » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:02 pm

<<Shrewpaw>>

open

<<Vixenpaw>>

She heard her mentor come out and turned to face the older cat. She happily met her mentor halfway and halted in front of her. "Morning, Mangledfoot!" She chirped only being cut off by her mentors tone. She flattened her ears, her head lowered and she shrugged. "I-I fed my brother? I had to eat breakfast, anyway... Besides,
everyone else was asleep or had already eaten. I woke up a bit late, you know."
She mewed, avoiding Mangledfoot's sharp gaze.
"um..." Her paws shuffled the terrain. She hated being scolded. It wasn't bad by Shrepaw but she hated others correcting and criticizing her.
Especially her mentor if they weren't training.

<<Dustfall>>

On mobvike again
"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊"
adult
Hi! Call me Rain or Wins! hope all is well.
I love philosophy, paradoxes, and thought
experiments. Fermi paradox is my favorite.
Really avid blink-182 fan! I love their music.
I also really like DnD and fantasy stuff.
Currently working on a visual novel!

"𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖌𝖔𝖑𝖉."
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CoolComrade » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:07 am

M A N G L E D F O O T
| molly | 36 | warrior | tags: vixenpaw
Mangledfoot couldn't stay mad at Vixenpaw. "It's alright," she said softly, mentally scolding herself for being so soft. "Just ask first next time. It was my fault I slept so late anyway." She briefly touched noses with her apprentice as they had at Vixenpaw's apprentice ceremony. Mangledfoot knew that the younger molly had a lot of potential in her, and eating breakfast was probably the least of the mentor's worries.
Realizing that she had been silent for an awkward amount of time, Mangledfoot cleared her throat and waved her tail to snap out of the awkward silence. "Anyway," she said, smiling as if nothing had happened, "How about we go hunting? You can replace the prey you ate this morning." Her last comment was less of a punishment, and more of a light joke. "Lead the way." If she let Vixenpaw lead, it would help the apprentice relax, and give her something to think about.
Last edited by CoolComrade on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
CoolComrade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winstalgia » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:05 am

<<Vixenpaw>>

Vixenpaw nodded but didn't say much.
Then her mentor suggested she take the lead. Joyfully, she bounced up to her laws and held her head high, her eyes glistening. "Alright!" then she padded to the exit/entrance, her head bobbing as she looked around, trying to find a good place to hunt prey. She looked back at her mentor. She didn't want to get scolded again so she had to pay attention. Vixenpaw was still a clutz most of the time and hated falling on her muzzle while hunting. She smelled mouse as the fragrance of the animal wafted up to her nose. She had eaten a mouse and mangledfoot said she should replace it,
serious or not. Well, here was a mouse she could get. Hopefully. "can I try to get it, Mangledfoot?" She asked quietly. They were far from the mouse right now, it seemed like. It was scuttling around in a small, dry bush.

On mobvike again
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me