[☣] ❝THE CITY OF ASH❞ 43/80 slots left - accepting

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: [☣] ❝THE CITY OF ASH❞ 47/80 slots left - accepting

Postby akame, » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:53 am

Whispering Sun

xx Female xx 10 years 5 months xx Heterosexual xx Location; City, Dark alleyway xx Tags; Open

In the shadows of a dark alleyway their was Whispering Sun, she tells people to call her Sun when they ask whats her name. The orange splotches on her coat were hidden in the shadows while her white coat stood out. Suns eyes were focused on a small yellow ball as she pushed it back and forth between her paws. Whispering Sun had a small collecation of items that looked like the sun, she would collect all of them, she wouldn't give them to anyone and hides it in a secret place. This time though she had an erangment of some of her favourite items curled in her fluffy tail, the she-cat's odd coloured eyes stayed on the yellow ball as it bounced one paw to another.

Blaze

xx Male xx 2 years 11 months xx Bisexual xx Crush; open xx Location; Abandoned house, junkyard xx tags; open

The tuxedo tom was on a junkyard car as he licked his paws "Its hard to eat somthing good for once" he snorted as he pushed some eat bones off the cat which made a loud thud as it hit the car and down to the junkyard floor. He glanced around as he lay down, putting his head ontop of his paws, waiting for somthing to happen.

Wisteria

xx Female xx 2 years xx Heterosexual xx Crush; later on, Aster, xx Location; City outskirts,->Riverdale xx tags; open/get her before she leaves!

Wisteria turned to glance at The City. The dog/wolf mix was making her way to Riverdale until she got a quick look at The City from where she was right now. It looked like, well an abandoned city, but it was alive with felines and canines and some other animals roaming around trying to find food or supplies to survive this place. She renembered her brother, Harry and her friend Lexi, her ears drooped; it was bad enough that she renembered them at a time like this...
She gave a sigh as she started to slowly pad to Riverdale for some fresh water.
========
Occ; I totally did not do this in the moring, like 7:00 AM eastern time c: Hopefully I'm not the first post DXXX WHEW I'm tired, goodbye for like 5 seconds because I know that Im too attached to this game...
akame,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby awakening souls. » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:02 am

[✴] SUPERNOVA [✴]
        xxxxxxxx age: 6.4 years || gender: female || crush: rocky || tags: open || species: canine
        ═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
        A rough, arid - yet awfully chilly - terrain laid ahead, and the wind whistled through the fields like the starlings did in the waking hours of morning. It wasn't much of a surprise for Supernova, however, for she had practically faced the same weather for days on end. The abandoned house out in the country made for rather advantageous hunting grounds, though prey those days was quite scarce, considering the harsh climate and decreasing temperatures. A shock for Nova? No. She was a reasonably adaptive canine, adjusting to the bleakest of environments and making do with the smallest amount of food. In a treacherous world, it was fundamental to adapt to your surroundings. If not, death was imminent and inevitable.

Many hours of wandering through the surprisingly green meadows in search of a meal brought Supernova to one conclusion: food would not be easy to come by. Instead of taking her chances out in the barren countryside, the border collie mix determined that the city would be her best bet. As she nonchalantly trudged down the once occupied dirt road, the old farmhouse appeared smaller and smaller the more she glanced back. It was a shame to give up such a great opportunity, but the dog knew that heading into the city would prove more beneficial. Minutes turned into days as Nova finally saw the chiseled-down peaks of the skyscrapers and the flipped over vehicles on the deserted roads in the distance. It brought much relief to her thin, scrawny self. It wasn't much of a haven, but it certainly served better than the old, crumbing farm did. Making her way into the city itself wasn't a walk in the park, due to the steep inclines and hills of debris (the pesky vultures and ravens didn't make it any better, either).

It was early in the morning when Supernova arrived at the city. From what she could see, there wasn't a soul in sight. How odd. Generally, there'd be the occasional rodent or even feline roaming the initial entrance. Perhaps a well-needed rest would pay off, rather than immediately seeking out a meal. Shelter would not be difficult to come across, but a safe and secure shelter would. And as for a comfortable shelter - that would be nearly impossible to find. A bit of climbing and clambering here and there landed the pooch under one of a tipped over bus's many seats. The refuge didn't provide much coziness, but it did shield Nova from the elements and guard her from any menacing predators seeking to cause trouble. Soon enough, it was lights out for the border collie, sending her into a deep, well-deserved slumber.

[➸] A ST E R [➸]
        xxxxxxxx age: 4.2 years || gender: male || crush: belladonna || tags: open || species: canine
        A large, intimidating creature stalked the land below; the land where not many dared to venture. Its build was stocky and broad, while its fangs poked out of its gaping jaws - a fearsome sight indeed! It steadied its pace, lowered its haunches, shimmied into a pounce position, and-

Aster's shaggy face popped out from behind a corner as his back legs lunged him into the air. There was no threat, just an overly-playful dog looking for ways to pass the time. The Russian wolfdog's tongue flailed out of his mouth lazily and his hind paws scampered behind his front ones as he shot across the train tracks of the subway. Everyday was a vacation for him. Aster didn't find his new reality as surviving, but rather as thriving. Everything was excitement, everything was a thrill. The sudden attacks from vicious animals didn't frighten him. The passing sandstorms didn't even rattle a single bone in his body. As for the hunting part of the whole thing, he found it to be a breeze. A squirrel or a crow here and there was good to last the mutt a few days, and there were many of those to go around (at least in the area of the city he had taken refuge in).

[✿] ZI N NIA[✿]
        xxxxxxxx age: 3.7 years || gender: female || crush: open || tags: open || species: canine
        "A tulip for the dog who died of old age,
        A lilac for the possum who got trapped in a cage.
        A lily for the cat who drowned in the creek,
        And a bluebell for the mouse who fell off a peak."

Zinnia couldn't stop herself from quietly singing in the hum and busy buzzes of the birds and bees. The crisp mornings often gave the German Shepherd the fill of energy she needed for the day. Motivation was slim those days, and so any opportunity at encouragement the dog could get, she'd take. When the frosty temperatures set in once again, food was scarce. The birds had learned to snatch the small critters before autumn had come, most larger prey were either deceased because of illness or starvation, and most of the food left behind by humans had already gone bad. Whatever she came across she would take, but she was careful not to be too greedy and rapacious, in consideration of other animals that shared the land. Zinnia was quite compassionate of the position other creatures were in. It wasn't a thrill going through starvation, survival, and boredom everyday, which she understood other animals went through as well.

She carefully grasped a violet-colored petunia in between her jaws and set it down gently on a torn truck tire. The flower was wilted and there was nothing Zinnia could do to save it. The world was dying - she had realized it from the start - and along with it came its vegetation. It wasn't often you'd find a beautifully bloomed flower anymore, which was why the German Shepherd collected them and added them to her special flower crown. Each flower represented a deceased individual, whether she knew them or not. It was her way of saying goodbye and honoring that animal even after their final breath. Although it wasn't a significant deed in the eyes of others, Zinnia felt a sense of pride from it.

I will have a post up for Fallen Soul later on in the roleplay (well, not too far in).
Last edited by awakening souls. on Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
awakening souls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby akame, » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:53 pm

Occ- Youll notice that some content from my other post dose not make sense when you read this one so just ignore c: also I'm mobile AGAIN C:

Wisteria

xx Female xx 2 years xx Heterosexual xx Crush; later on, Aster, xx Location; City xx tags, zinnia

The female was padding in thr middle of the city. As she toamed around she heard a sweet sound. Wistetia tried to get closer to the sound as she tripped on some items that were randomly aroubd the floors of the place. She soon got to a german sheaprd, kinda like herself but she was part wolf, "You've got a nice voice" She said shyly too the canine. She was never the type to start a conversation, she tried to not scare nor try to just randomly pop outta no were and say somthing like they were best friends and knew each other...
But she knew she did all of those things.
akame,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TidalCurrent » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:37 pm

{ ooc || tagged; }
{ Sakura is starting off just after she got amnesia. Cause...uhmm...reasons. }
{ I'll fill in the rest of my characters later, as something just came up. }

[] ❝PYRRHA❞ []

--------{ ♀ Bisexual - Canine - Golden Retriever w/red bandanna - amber eyes - 2 years 6 months old }---{ Location: The Subway }--{ Tagged: Aster }--
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxxxPyrrha bounded through murky water. Already up to her belly-fur, it splashed up her sides, drenching her golden pelt. She didn't know what she was running for, nor from, if that happened to be the case. Dashing past this object and that, she finally saw what she was going after. The silver of a mid-sized fish glowed from just ahead of her paws. She continued to follow it, not breaking stride, until they both came upon an end in the tracks. "Gotcha!" she barked happily, slamming her paws down on the sea creature. It was a wonder that she was able to find anything in this dark, damp tunnel. But, it was better than trying to hunt in the floods. Well, anything was better than getting pulled down by a scaly creature bigger than one's self. Lifting her head from the filthy liquid, a fish hung limp in her jaws. Pyrrha headed to an area where it seemed to lighten up ahead of her, probably an opening in the roof.

xxxxxThe dim light soon got stronger, and the dog found herself at the bottom of a crumbling stairway. All sorts of weed and vine forced their way through the stone, and Pyrrha found herself making a large effort just to get up the first few levels. But, alas, as she reached the top, she blinked her eyes a few times to adjust to the sudden brightness coming from the transition of dark to light. Blindly padding forward the next few feet, she managed to shake out her soaked pelt. And, of coarse, not just in the company of herself. A decently larger dog was not too far away from her. A "he", to be exact. In-fact, that "he" just happened to be within the radius of the water being flung off her pelt. Did he get hit? she half-heartedly thought, not entirely taking in the situation. "Fi'm forry!" she called, her voice distorted from the weight in her mouth. What a sight she must have been. Clumsily stumbling around a few blocks of buildings, with a fish hanging from her jaws.

[] ❝ SAKURA❞ []

--------{ ♀ Bisexual - Feline - Albino - blind - 3 years 6 months old }-----------------{ Location: Riverdale }---{ Tagged: Open }-------

xxxxxIsolation. the cold, unforgiving state that could tear a cat apart from the inside-out. This.....thing, surrounded Sakura, engulfing her with misery. She... she couldn't remember. She didn't know what happened last. All she remembered was darkness, the only familiar thing she could know. That she could recognize. She stumbled forward, her mind dizzy with questions. How did I get here? Why am I here? What is here...? She had to shake her head violently to clear out the thoughts that clouded her mind. Turning her focus to her surroundings instead, she noticed that she was just beside a flowing body of water. Her pelt was soaked from head to tail-tip. Taking one step at a time, she began to move slowly down alongside the riverbank. One paw in-front of the other, then back again. Whatever happened, she was going to have to figure it out herself.

[] ❝WISH❞ []

--------{ ♀ Bisexual - Feline - Birman w/dream catcher - blue eyes - 2 years old }------{ Location: The City }----{ Tagged: Open }---

xxxxxWish slowly blinked open her eyes. Heaving herself up onto all fours, she stretched. Her jaws opening up into a wide yawn, before snapping closed once more. She was under the slanted roof in the remaining of what once was a super-market. It had suited her well, for a decent while. Decently sheltered, multiple exits, and even a few bits and pieces of left-over food. Making her way to the 'doors' at the front of her hideout, she was careful not to tread on any broken glass that littered the floor around it. Now outside, she gazed across the empty streets. Well, empty of life, that is. Broken-down vehicles and rubbish from torn buildings were still thrown about the pavement. She turned right, and headed down it anyway.
TidalCurrent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby awakening souls. » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:09 am

[➸] A ST E R [➸]
        xxxxxxxx age: 4.2 years || gender: male || crush: belladonna || tags: pyrrha || species: canine
        As the mutt bolted through the subway, a splatter of chilly water drenched his sleek muzzle. A light dog stood only twenty pawsteps away from him to his left with a shocked yet contrite and remorseful expression plastered over her face. In between her jaws was a dangling fish that appeared dead beyond minutes. "What's the matter, doll? You look like you're suffering from a severe lack of vitamin me!" The words spilled out of Aster's mouth like the waterfalls of Peru. He blithely shook his dainty pelt, watching the droplets of water fling from his snout to the female's. "My apologies. Looks like we're even."

The charismatic male took a few strides towards the golden retriever and glared at her glistening amber-toned eyes and wagged his tail. "I'm no sweetheart, but I'm surely no monster. The name's Aster." His way of introducing himself and greeting another wasn't explicitly charming, but as he stated, he was absolutely not a sweetheart. There was no threat in the individual that stood before him. She appeared friendly at the most and her demeanor didn't cease to allure him.

[✿] ZI N NIA[✿]
        xxxxxxxx age: 3.7 years || gender: female || crush: open || tags: wisteria || species: canine
        The abrupt voice surprised Zinnia, causing her to flip around with her fur poking up like a porcupine's slivers. It was another dog - a neighborly-looking one, too. There was no threat; Zinnia's life would not be in peril that day. "Oh, well thank you," she thanked the other canine appreciatively yet timidly. The dog appeared to be a mix of some sort, but Zinnia immediately recognized the German Shepherd in her. Did she hear everything? All of it? All of my singing? The thought made her shudder. It had been such a long time since she had seen anyone, and she had grown accustomed to singing freely without any kind of audience. But now that the other dog had arrived, it made her wonder who else had heard her expressive singing.

"Where do you come from? Do you have a home?" Zinnia inquired, tilting her head to the side and shifting her body's weight onto just one paw. She came across many animals now and then, but canines were quite rare of a find. However, in this situation, the friendly female in front of her had found Zinnia. She seemed a bit lost and new to the area, perhaps even to the city.

Last edited by awakening souls. on Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awakening souls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clarke, » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:51 am

➵ Ember ➵ Female ➵ 3 years | RIVERDALE

The small cat hopped from fence to fence, careful to keep her paws out of the toxic water. She balanced nimbly, staggering only every so often. She continued to press on, feeling slightly winded from the tremendous leaps she took, despite her long limbs. She dropped down to the ground, landing elegantly on a pile of rocks, with her tail just barely lifted in time to avoid getting drenched in a puddle. She wriggled her haunches and with all her power, sent herself flying through a shattered door and into a musty room. Ember knew this was one of the better places to find food, or what was left of it. But, unfortunately, many other animals discovered this place before her. She paid no mind if it was a rat, because while it wouldn't harm her, rats were the most toxic food source comparative to no other. Dogs, cats, and whatever else might be out there died most frequently from taking the "easy" prey. Instead, it met them with a grim death. Shuddering, she sniffed to see if the tangy smell of saltines filled her nose. She could smell nothing but cold metal, though she knew with a little struggle that underneath the metal were small, salty fish. She eagerly began to claw at the container. Around her, night had begun to settle.

➵ Shade ➵ Male ➵ 2 ½ years | AWAY FROM THE CITY

It didn't take long for Shade's mother to pass. He stayed with her and made her comfortable, but in the end, his sister had been right. He would die here if he stayed a day longer, but he was also intelligent enough to know he would not survive out in the sitting, half starved and sleep deprived. He had no choice but to avoid the city, though everything told him to find his sister, not run away from where she was. His hunger and misery always won out. He would wait until he was strong again.

➵ Leia ➵ Female ➵ 2 ½ years | THE CITY

Discomfort crept into Leia's limbs, and they ached and creaked as she forced herself to her paws. Her stomach was pained far worse than her bones, even with the cold. She felt although she wouldn't survive another month or so. She was desperate, and alone, and those two things didn't mix well. Hope disintegrated from the dog as she caught her reflection in the glass. At first, she didn't recognize herself. Who is that dirty, unkempt dog? She gasped, then the image transformed. Now, it looked more like her, beautiful with light her eyes. Quickly, she realized instead, it was her mother. Leia wanted to go back to the days where she was that spitting image of her mom. The rain brought her pack to the world, and back to her aching bones, the biting cold, her empty stomach, and more than that, the toxic city.
Last edited by clarke, on Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
quitting
clarke,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby akame, » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:59 am

Wisteria

xx Female xx 2 years xx Heterosexual xx Crush; later on, Aster, xx Location; City xx tags, zinnia

"No, Not really, I just roam around... Never thought about that to be honest She said slowly, she actually never thought abut that, she just stayed in one placed and moved on. It was kind of strange to think about but she shrugged "My name's Wisteria, yours?"
akame,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TidalCurrent » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:13 pm

[] ❝PYRRHA❞ []

--------{ ♀ Bisexual - Canine - Golden Retriever w/red bandanna - amber eyes - 2 years 6 months old }---{ Location: The City }--{ Tagged: Aster }--

xxxxxOriginally apologetic, the Golden Retriever stared dumbfounded at the other canine, as he spoke "What's the matter, doll? You look like you're suffering from a severe lack of vitamin me!". Was that... meant to be a pun? she thought. Okay then... this dog just had a few social problems... no big deal... right?! She snorted as water droplets hit her muzzle. At-least he had apologized.

xxxxx"I'm no sweetheart, but I'm surely no monster. The name's Aster." the canine spoke. Pyrrha watched his tail wag, which made her all the more puzzled of what to think of the dog. And that was excluding his other confusing comment. Clearing her thoughts, she tried to look casual once more. Dropping her fish atop her paws, she straightened up to speak normally this time. "I'm Pyrrha. Nice to meet ya." She barked. "Are you from around here?" The words shot out of her jaws before she could think better. You idiot! What type of question is that? Do you want to stay here and chat? she confronted herself. Pyrrha's way of acting was... interesting to say the least.

{{ Pyrrha doesn't have enough brain to figure out just about any dog other than herself. What a surprise, hehe... }}

[] ❝SHIO❞ []

--------{ ♀ Bisexual - Feline - B&W w/blue bandanna - gold eyes - 4 years old }--------{ Location: Abandoned house }---{ Tagged: Open }----

xxxxxShio woke up with a sneeze. Although she had been sleeping in the boxes beside the abandoned house, occasionally the overgrown wheat managed to find its way in. And this particularly bold stock, just happened to land directly on her nose. Sneezing once more, she sat up and bumped her head on the top of the cardboard box. Hissing with annoyance, she rubbed her sore muzzle with a paw. Shio looked cross as she made her way outside her fragile shelter, tail lashing from side to side as she wove through the tall grass-like plants. They were dry and brittle, causing her pelt to itch all over as she escaped it's grasp. "Oh as if this morning couldn't get any worse!" she hissed to herself. And with that, she began cleaning her pelt, spitting out wheat seeds between every few licks. She was aware of the feathery scavengers that hovered above her, but she thought nothing much of them as she continued.

[♫♪] ❝ECHO❞ [♫♪]

--------{ ♀ Bisexual - Canine - Husky - blue eyes - 2 years 4 months old }-----------{ Location: The bridge }------{ Tagged: Open }-----

xxxxxEcho padded across the creaking planks that held her weight along the so-called bridge. It was hard to see how it kept it's title, it having multiple holes along the sides and bottom. Some of the planks had even broken or the thin metal nails that held them to the sides, and lurched down half-hidden into the shallow water below. But, Echo continued on anyway, and soon reached the opposite side. The collapsed edge acted as stairs as she made her way down it, and landed into the thin layer of soot below. Sighing, she looked up at the path before her. She still had a ways to go if she wanted to reach the city before afternoon. And that was without stopping for a hunt or two. Shaking her head, she bounded along the path at a steady trot.

[] ❝BELLADONNA❞ []

--------{ ♀ Bisexual - Canine - Black Husky & Wolf mix - purple eyes - 3 years old }-----{ Location: The Floods }---{ Tagged: Open }---

xxxxxBelladonna warily padded out into the clearing, her paws sinking into the soggy grass beneath her. Blankly glancing up at the sky, the sun was hardly noticeable through the thick grey clouds that shut out any light hoping to break through. But, alas, it was all the light they could get for now. So, compromise had to be held. Lowering her head, she continued her walk towards the water's edge, a small fresh-water "stream" that branched off of the flood waters further along. Instead of drinking water immediately, she lay down just beside it, staring off into it's depths. She had been walking since the night before, having been caught in a... not so good area of the city a while away, and hardly felt like standing. In-fact, Belle was rather annoyed, and would have happily clawed any annoying fur-ball that happened to come her way.

xxxxxForcefully setting her emotions aside, she stood back up long enough to reach a mangled door that created an overhang propped up against cement rubble. Ducking her head, she climbed under it and sat down with a sigh. As she lay, muzzle tucked under paws, she drifted off into a light doze.
TidalCurrent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby awakening souls. » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:25 pm

[➸] A ST E R [➸]
        xxxxxxxx age: 4.2 years || gender: male || crush: belladonna || tags: pyrrha || species: canine
        Aster's eyes locked on the other dog's. "Pirate? Your name's Pirate? What kind of sick parents raised you?" he teased with a comical grin. The wolfdog's muscles constricted when Pyrrha asked him, with slight hesitation, if he was familiar to the area. He winced, unsure of what to tell her. Surely she'll be uneased if I tell her I was raised nowhere near the city... Instead of telling the blonde female the truth, he brewed up a lie. "Yeah, just east of here. I've been living in an old bakery." Aster faced the other direction and tucked his muzzle in between his front legs as his eyes winced with guilt. His face always wore an apologetic expression whenever he lied, causing him to hide it from others. Shortly thereafter, the mutt whipped around to fixate his eyes on the female once again. "What about you, doll? Where do you come from?"

[✿] ZI N NIA[✿]
        xxxxxxxx age: 3.7 years || gender: female || crush: open || tags: wisteria || species: canine
        Her heart nearly sunk in her chest when the German Shepherd mix spat out her response. Reminds me of myself... Tears collected at the droops of her eyelids and her body quivered. Memories shot into her mind like bullets flying through the air. Oh how she missed her family. Where were they? They were dead, of course, but where had they gone? Where had all the animals Zinnia came across on her journey gone after taking their last breath?

Breathing in deeply, Zinnia shook out of her flashback daze and blinked back her tears. "I'm Zinnia," she said softly with a hesitated sniffle. "Do you miss anyone?" she questioned. "Have you lost anyone?" Perhaps the questions were too general for Wisteria, but Zinnia had to know. She had to know that someone else felt the same as she did; that she wasn't alone in a world of ruins. Maybe the questions would scare off her new friend, or maybe they'd strengthen their relationship.

awakening souls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby akame, » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:29 am

Wisteria

"O-Oh I'm sorry Zinnia Did I-?" She heard the canines question... she didnt know what to say... she now renemberd Lexi and Harry. A pang of sadness took over.. what could she say? She let her head hang down, would she lie? Or would see tell Zinnia the truth? "Yeah.... I have..." she said softly hanging her head down Havent we all? she told her self in sorrow "I miss Harry and Lexi..." She murmured half to Zinnia, half to herself..
akame,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me