u p s i d e / d o w n [o&a]

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

u p s i d e / d o w n [o&a]

Postby mahou shoujo » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:26 pm

ImageImage

Hawkins, Indiana. 1986.
Some say the town is cursed. Others argue that it's just a spell of bad luck. Still, none can deny that Hawkins has been a hotspot for tragedy for too long. Just because the townspeople wish it wasn't so, doesn't mean that it'll stop anytime soon. Some of them are trying to move on, to forget. Others fight to remember, to honor the memory of those who were lost.
Rumors are floating around, as they're prone to do in a small town. It's said that the town is due for another tragedy. It's been six months after all. There's talk of teenagers acting strange, not like themselves. Most chalk it up to grief, struggle with change, or just kids being kids. But those who know? They know to be terrified.

Last edited by mahou shoujo on Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
mahou shoujo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

plot / updates

Postby mahou shoujo » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:38 pm

Image_________________________________________________________________________________

so basically this rp will loosely follow the plot of s4 of stranger things. vecna will be the
primary threat, hunting the characters. i have some other plot elements in mind that i'll
introduce as we go. we'll start out following the death of a high school student, caused by
vecna. you're welcome to have your character be friends/family/aquantiances with the
dead student. just let me know in a pm or your form so i'm aware of it! i'm totally open to
plot ideas and suggestion, so feel free to reach out if you have anything! i also wanted to
mention that there will be multiple vecna targets, not just "the target", so if you'd like to
be a target in the future, let me know and i'll work that out for you.
_________________________________________________________________________________

a local high school student is found dead in the school's parking lot
_________________________________________________________________________________
Last edited by mahou shoujo on Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
mahou shoujo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

characters

Postby mahou shoujo » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:39 pm

Image_________________________________________________________________________________

[14-16]
──the encyclopedia──
name -- age -- gender -- user
the encyclopedia has been keeping track of and cataloging everything they know about the
upside down and the supernatural happenings in hawkins. they're the one to go to if you've got
a problem. they know anything and everything there is to know, from demogorgons to gates
and more.
──the support──
name -- age -- gender -- strawberry smoke
the support is always there to pick you up and dust you off. they're a shoulder to cry on or a
sounding board to bounce ideas off of. they have a bleeding heart, care deeply for their friends,
and are loyal to a fault. when everything gets to be too much, they're the one to turn to.
──the adventurer──
the adventurer is, perhaps, a little too enthusiastic about everything supernatural. they run
headlong into danger, facing monsters and mysteries with a grin a mile wide. they will find
any excuse to get involved, whether that's going into the upside down or picking up supplies
from the hardware store.
──the apprehensive──
the apprehensive is not a fan of the supernatural, at all. they'd prefer to avoid it at all costs,
wishing to stay safe at home. but, trouble seems to find them, and they always end up in the
thick of the danger, wishing they could be anywhere else.

[18-22]
──the target──
amber finch -- 19 -- female -- mahou shoujo
the target hasn't had an easy life. they hold trauma and hurt close to their chest, carrying scars
with them wherever they go. vecna has taken notice, watching over them with a close eye.
they're plagued with headaches and nasty nightmares, and is that a clock they hear?
──the newbie──
name -- age -- gender -- JDDracula
the newbie is exactly that, new. they haven't experienced anything supernatural and man, are
they in for a shock. they're pulled headfirst into a crazy world that they never knew existed, but
was right under their feet the whole time.
──the babysitter──
name -- age -- gender -- mtuan,
the babysitter doesn't just watch over the "kids", but the "teens" too. someone has to make sure
everyone stays alive after all. they, somewhat begrudgingly, put themselves between the danger
and their friends. if anyone dies, it certainly won't be on their watch.
──the medic──
name -- age -- gender -- idéa
the medic was super clumsy growing up, so they've accrued a good amount of first aid knowledge
over the years. if you need to be patched up, they're the one to go see. because of their skillset,
they try to stick close to the front lines, available if anyone needs help.
Last edited by mahou shoujo on Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
mahou shoujo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

rules

Postby mahou shoujo » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:58 am

001. as usual, all cs rules apply. 002. message me to reserve a slot. i'll keep it reserved for 48
hours, so please post your form in that time frame. 003. please take only one character since
the slots are limited. 004. i don't have a specific word limit, but please give at least a decent
sized paragraph. that way everyone will have something to go off of. 005. once the rp starts,
try to post at least once a week and stay active. 006. realistic fcs are preferred. 007. i have
ages listed for the two categories. please make sure to stay within the designated age range.
008. just be kind and have fun! 009. please post all forms and ooc on the discussion thread.
mahou shoujo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

open!

Postby mahou shoujo » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:32 pm

5/8 slots taken

Last bumped by mahou shoujo on Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:32 pm.
mahou shoujo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me