ΓHΞ DΞSCΞNΓ | ↓ | ЯФLΞPLAУ [closed]

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

BOWMANN, FINCH (three)

Postby lokean » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:57 pm

"FINCHES ARE BIRDS TO WATCH, BUT NOT HANDLE."
WHERE? on the trail | WITH? rowen, nettie, jaylin, jason | MOOD relaxed

Finch moved forward, making a buffer between the two and cocking his head. “The other way around,” he corrected. “Finch Bowmann, registered RN in the process of acquiring my master’s degree. You’re Jason Ford, a psychologist and climbing junkie. You have a son, you’re 29, and you’re prone to headaches which is why I’m carrying Advil, Tylenol, and Ibuprofen in an almost ridiculous quantity. The pleasure is mine, I’m sure.” Flexing his photographic memory was a favorite pastime of the EMT, but more so now that it seemed to be advantageous to know more about this man than Jason knew about him. Like he’d raised his hackles and borne metaphorical teeth in some way. Maybe Antonette didn’t need a guard dog - it seemed they knew she was capable of taking care of herself - but it was almost instinctual. Anyone Nettie reacted that way to didn’t need to be close to her. Those were clear signs of panic, and quite frankly, he wouldn’t have it, both because of the dangers and because it wasn’t good for the group, let alone Antonette. As far as medical instincts went, she had taken priority. Finch thought to address Jason’s stumbling apology, simply giving him a smile in an almost neutral fashion. “I’ll do the life-preserving from here, thank you.

Finch scratched at his beard, noting the meeting place of his temporal and jawbone as his nails scraped his cheek. To anyone who wasn’t well-versed in Finch’s mannerisms, it looked like he had an itch, no big deal, but the truth was he was flipping through his photo album mind for information on Jason he might’ve gleaned from paperwork or the quick searches he’d done on each of the five he was travelling with. Was there anything he knew that went further that what the organizers had given him? Nothing of value was surfacing, disappointingly enough, so Finch found himself picking at a scab and quickly brought his hand back against the pack. The box of gloves was tucked inside at an angle that he felt, and the little inside joke with himself was appreciated - he smiled inwardly, relieved for the moment. He had what he needed tucked away in there, among syringes and splints and butterfly adhesives and a zillion other things he didn’t have time to run through in his head. It didn’t matter how anyone felt about him.

Rowen’s words made Finch perk up in interest, and he chuckled embarrassedly. High school had been a difficult time for the paramedic, moving from house to house in the city and managing to stay in the same school. Rowen had been one of his only constant friends - and one of the few people he’d managed to keep out of the loop - so to see him again was a welcome occasion. “Finally put my memory to use, and I got accepted to college, didn’t I? Had to know about a kneecap for that one.” The smile Rowen received, unlike Jason’s was genuinely friendly, and to be truthful, Finch had missed Rowen until med school overwhelmed him into a pitiful social life. He took the guide’s outstretched hand, shaking it firmly and offering yet again a bit of reassurance for Nettie. “Rowen’s practically a landform, here. Knowing the place is his thing.
lokean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ΓHΞ DΞSCΞNΓ | ↓ | ЯФLΞPLAУ [closed]

Postby Peachfuzz221 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:50 am

𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄
twenty nine | feeling: confident, prepared | location: cave system, nc | tag(s): everyone
──────────────────────────⚜──────────────────────────

antonette let a hint of an amused grin curve her lips before taking the pills finch offered, swallowing a couple in the heat of the moment. allergies was not an ideal way to start an expedition and she certainly did not want to be the weak link in what was already turning out to be a group of well-respected professionals. "I have", nettie answered placidly, no intention of describing what her chosen career entails or expects. jaylin, while normally keeping her tone formal, had the habit of being the optimist wherever she went or what she did. college and classes with her desensitized nettie to her bright attitude and positive outlook, lucky for their odd friendship. Otherwise ms. breuklander would be surmounting to a hell of headache right about now.

She made her position clear to mr. fletcher, absolutely right in assuming that her character would grate on what little nerves she expected him to have. A fit and capable man, she would admit, was an asset to exploring the underground as he knew the terrain better than she. However, disrespect would only get this charlatan so far and it seemed even finch knew exactly who would be running ninety percent of the show. Just the way his brow moved and expression transformed from the impact of his thoughts pushed her buttons and she knew then that they would not be getting along. Interestingly enough, Jaylin seemed to be acquainted with him from a precious experience. So that makes two people.

She shifted uncomfortably as Jason spoke to the group, ignoring him while at the same time reacting to finch's fresh, yet slightly aggressive aura. This man, from what she could gather from past meetings, had attained, even before his medical career, the ability to read people. It merely took a simple face-to-face encounter and the hardest of nuts were treated like they wore their hearts on their sleeves. Such skill earned nettie's admiration, which made the woman's instincts predictable in that her body moved in accordance to his physically suggested protection, slightly growing closer without allowing him total control by hiding him behind her. antonette was not a damsel in distress and would not be treated as such. His interaction with the man in question had her rolling in waves of humor, though she refused to let it show, reaching out to put a hand on his shoulder; a silent, polite thank you before stepping away from the two, taking note of the camaraderie between rowan and finch as well.

"for those of you who thought it tedious to skim through your briefing", she started, voice at a perfect public speaking level. "i am antonette breuklander, well known and well respected wildlife biologist-ecologist, hired by eco-corp's prime chief executive, mr, richards, to undertake an expedition into a previously unexplored cave system in western north carolina. all of you have been chosen based on your expertise in your respected fields to accompany me in hopes that our research will further the cause of discovery and bring to light what hides just beneath the earth we walk on. could be nothing. could be something. i take it you have brought everything necessary to aid you while we are in these tunnels, because there is no going back now. we will shove off first thing in the morning, five a.m. sharp, so if i were you, i would be setting up my tent and making preparations to efficiently do my job tomorrow".

nettie did not stick around to hear in grunts or groans in response, taking her duffle bag and trudging off a few meters away from the stone campfire. Laying out all the necessary tools to build her tent, she whipped out the instructions and began. It became painfully clear twenty minutes later that she was having difficulties, her creation looking like something frankenstein would be sleeping in under the stars, with incompatible parts shoved and taped together and the material ripping apart at every unnecessary tug and pull. "Ugh!" she seethed, heels rubbing the dirt with a ferocity and skirt uncomfortably riding up her thighs.
Peachfuzz221

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ΓHΞ DΞSCΞNΓ | ↓ | ЯФLΞPLAУ [closed]

Postby lokean » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:24 pm

bunp!!

Last bumped by lokean on Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:24 pm.
someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection; the lovers, the dreamers, and me.
lokean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me