rules of magic ⋆ closed

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

marielys <3

Postby broken* » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:32 am

( ) - - MARIELYS THORPE
        ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
        ( gender woman ) ( age 16 years ) ( role green witch)( tags open)( location open)

the petite young girl had arrived in the town of debbie late the night before. she had flown in from england, where she had been born and lived at on and off for most of her life. she could still picture her little cottage, surrounded entirely by gardens that marielys herself helped to grow. the cottage was located just outside the town of london, and was backed by trees/forest. the little hotel room she had managed to rent that night was small and damp, and while the employees seemed nice enough, they also appeared very skeptical of the girl for arriving at this time, despite her not having a blackwell last name. that morning, she had woken up and taking a shower, wanting to look her best when she met with her extended family for the first time since, well, ever. she blow dried her hair and put on a minimal amount of makeup.

slipping on a floral blouse and some silky joggers (xxx), as well as some floral accent pieces/accessories. she grew a few pink roses and tied them around a headband, which she put on, before she headed out the door. she knew that no taxi driver would be willing to take her to the house of pleiades, and so she had rented a motorized scooter, which she hung her bags over before zooming off down the road and out of the city. the house was not hard to spot from far away, for it was four stories high and located right on the edge of a cliff. she noticed two girls around her age standing by a flaming redhaired woman, and immediately marielys got a huge grin on her face. she had been to pleiades several times over the years with her mother, and had met mamie and grown to absolutely love the woman, who was actually her mother's aunt. parking her little scooter, she left her bags and fast-walked up to mamie, whom she grabbed in her arms and hugged tightly, burying her face into the woman's neck. marielys hadn't seen mamie since her mother died last year, and seeing the woman brought back the memories of time spent here with her. "did you ever get my letter? mother passed away.."
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

violetta ⋆ 001

Postby feminine » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:00 pm

VIOLETTA
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    ( gender female ) ( age twelve ) ( role the bookworm ) ( tags open )

after a long morning of crying, kicking and screaming, violetta took her bags, her most important being her backpack that was bursting with her favorite spell books. it took a stern lecture from her father, but he eventually convinced her that she might like staying with others like her... well somewhat. most of the reason she threw her tantrum was because she was afraid of the teasing that might go on with these older witches. they were more experienced than her, she could barely perform a basic spell and that took hours of practice every day to accomplish. she was embarrassed of her powers, or lack of.

violetta walked by herself to the house, though her father watched her from the porch. they didn't live too far from pleiades, maybe a few blocks. anywhere farther and violetta's father would have forbid her from going. he had developed a bit of separation anxiety. he did everything for her: cooked, cleaned her messes, even picked her outfits and did her hair... well, tried to, at least. she was in a yellow, collared polo with overalls and white chucks, her hair put into two very loose and uneven braids. she didn't know how to do her own hair after her mother left, and her father, bless his heart, tried his very best to keep her looking well-groomed. this raised some havoc at school with the girls in her grade. they were very mean to her; she didn't understand why she was the only one being picked on.

she got to the house, though it was probably more fitting to call it a mansion. it was huge! violetta noticed a group of women,
      chattering and giggling. her cheeks were still stained with tears and her face had grown puffy. it didn't help that there was no one there even around her age, so she kept a few feet of distance between them, looking at the ground and drawing in the dirt with her sneakers. she didn't even bother saying hello.
Last edited by feminine on Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
feminine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

warren [one]

Postby twig. » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:20 am

W A R R E N

It was a Saturday morning when Warren went out to get the mail, only to find a letter addressed to him inside. The contents included plane tickets, directions, and a brief explanation as to why he'd received the epistle in the first place. Warren didn't know much about his family outside of his half-brother, who had essentially raised him. However, if his ability to change forms was anything to go by, there was definitely some sort of magic that had been passed down from his parents. Perhaps that was why he'd decided to trust his gut and fly to Debbie, or maybe it was the desperate need to figure out something about his heritage aside from an absent mother and mystery father. With only a backpack to hold all of his important belongings, some cash, and the letter tucked carefully inside of his journal, Warren had boarded a plane that was headed for a town he'd never even heard of. It was only a state over, how different from home could it be?

The flight was pleasant, and as soon as he touched down Warren texted his brother to ensure him that he'd arrived safely. The airport wasn't very large, but that was expected, as the town itself was only a few miles wide. With the letter clutched in his hands, Warren struggled to make sense of the route to the house. Having a terrible sense of direction and being in a new place didn't help much. Desperate for help, he stopped a passerby, mumbling about how he needed to get to the house of Pleiades. Instead of being met with kindness, the local snarled out a nasty remark and hurried off. Apparently the citizens of Debbie weren't the sweetest, so Warren resigned himself to finding it on his own. He continued towards the edge of town, where the house was supposed to be located. After a bit of walking, he caught sight of the mansion and tore off towards it, finally confident that he'd found the right place.

When he finally arrived at the house, Warren stood at a distance and eyed the property, feeling a bit unsure of the whole situation. The sound of the ocean was the only thing that he was able to find comfort in, as the humongous iron fence wasn't terribly welcoming. He peered through the rungs, taking note of the people that had already arrived. They were all women, most of them in their late teens. There was one younger girl, but she had isolated herself from the group. Warren's initial reaction was surprise, as there were no males to be seen. Was being magic mostly a female thing? It wasn't like he had done much studying on the history of witchcraft, so it could have been possible. Feeling as though he was making a spectacle of himself by standing outside for so long, Warren took a deep breath and approached the house, stopping momentarily as he debated speaking to the girl with the tear-stained face. She looked upset about something, so in an attempt to calm his own nerves and maybe make a friend, he decided to give social interaction a go.

"Um..." Warren began, gripping the straps of his backpack so hard that his knuckles turned white. Luckily, the sleeves of his striped shirt covered them, "you should start your braids up higher, it'll keep them from coming loose." He glanced down at his feet, desperately scouring his mind for something decent to say, "...Are you a witch too?"
twig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me