cataliana >> open

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

cataliana >> open

Postby cooper. » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:38 am

C A T A L I A N A

it’s been eight years, roughly, since you’ve left home. cataliana, the mountain
      home holding the past that you left behind; the friends that you no longer talked to,
      the parents that you barely visited, and the everybody knows everybody envir
      onment. nothing was easy when you left, things didn’t go as planned, people
      took things the wrong way.. you and your best friends grew apart, you don’t talk
      anymore, you’ve moved on from the memories and secrets you shared.. and
      that’s alright... isn’t it?? but when your parents call and tell you haleigh passed
      away while visiting home, shock hits and you’re suddenly unsure of how to feel.
      you’re asked to come to the memorial and support her family, i mean she was
      your best friend, right? you numbly agreed and your parents book you a ticket.
      but who knows how cataliana has changed? and what will happen when everybody
      is reunited? what if haleigh isn’t the only tragedy to strike cataliana?
Last edited by cooper. on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:15 am, edited 9 times in total.
cooper.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

cata -

Postby cooper. » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:27 am

so uh basically... seven friends grew up together and became close friends
      because they were the only shapeshifters in town and had found out each
      others secret. but after graduating from high school they all went different
      places, did different things, and drifted apart from each other for the most
      part. but when one friend returned home and mysteriously passes away the
      rest of the group returns home for the memorial service.

basically, its just the aftermath. the characters and how they deal with it
      and each other, some fear theyre being targeted, some are dealing with
      the rough emotions of losing a friend.

setting: cataliana (cat-uh-lee-awna), a small town tucked into the
      rocky mountains with a population somewhere between 400-
      550, while the town is an everybody-knows-everybody town, gossip
      tends to run rampant and sometimes nobody knows the truth.

places in cataliana- to come
      the hiccup: the town’s coffee/tea hot spot, rustic and family ran
      and owned, the hiccup is a hub for college students all day and
      high school students in the morning
      the lilac meadows: a peaceful meadow of lilac a good hike into the
      cloudland forest, the lilac meadows wrap around the blessed lake,
      the meadows are generally visited by experienced hikers as most
      are too lazy to make the long hike
      the cloudland forest: the forest that surrounds cataliana, known for
      the beautiful mountain trails that call it home, called the cloudland
      because legend says on a harvest moon you can touch the clouds at
      the peak
      the blessed lake: at the peak of the mountains surrounded by the
      lilac meadows, the blessed lake was named for the white rocks that
      make up the lake floor, locals believe that each rock represents a
      person in the town and that those that are not white are cursed
      the shoppes: a shopping outlet towards the middle of town by city
      hall, it has almost every shop you can think of
      cataliana airport: a small airport for small planes and helicopters,
      the only way to get to the denver airport without a four to six hour
      car ride depending on the weather
Last edited by cooper. on Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
cooper.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

cataliana is home -

Postby cooper. » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:05 am

╒═════════════════╕
      the fox.
      name: giovanna pearson
      user: cooper.

╘═════════════════╛

╒═════════════════╕
      the snake.
      name:
      user: open

╘═════════════════╛

╒═════════════════╕
      the owl.
      name:

╘═════════════════╛
Last edited by cooper. on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
cooper.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

cataliana is home -

Postby cooper. » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:32 am

╒═════════════════╕
      the black bear.
      name:

╘═════════════════╛

╒═════════════════╕
      the stag.
      name: calix o’malley
      user: kali

╘═════════════════╛

╒═════════════════╕
      the cougar.
      name: andrew mikaels
      user: øutkast

╘═════════════════╛
Last edited by cooper. on Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:46 am, edited 5 times in total.
cooper.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

cataliana - discussion

Postby cooper. » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:37 pm

C A T A L I A N A

updates will go here.
Last edited by cooper. on Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
cooper.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

giovanna

Postby cooper. » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:13 am

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
giovanna r. pearson
tagged: open
animal: the fox
feeling: reluctant
ooc:

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
        giovanna woke up, her body still recovering from the twelve hour shift she had worked the night before. she looked at the stuff she had laid out to throw into her bag last minute and sighed as she rolled out of bed. her smaller hiking bag was already packed and ready to go. she showered quickly and got herself ready for finishing the rest of packing. she looked at the bag and knew that once she zipped it shut her gate would be sealed. she dreaded returning home, her life in boston was all she could really ask for. work was great for her and she loved her job as an emt but she would never forgive herself if she didn’t go and support haleigh’s family. she mentally winced as her bag was sealed shut. expletives slipped out of her mouth as she stood up and walked out the door of her condo. she called an uber for a ride to the airport and waited quietly for him to pull up. giovanna ducked into the car when he arrives and smiled politely. the driver smiled as he attempted to engage giovanna in conversation and normally she would be talkative but the thought of going back to cataliana practically put her on airplane mode.

”so where ya going?” the driver asked, snapping giovanna back to reality. ”colorado... a small town in the mountains.” she responded, her voice low and almost sounded slightly pathetic. ”oh, sounds fun. is it for work?” he pried and giovanna sighed realizing that he wasn’t taking silence for an answer. ”no... it’s for a funeral and memorial. it’s my home town.” she said as the driver stiffened. she hoped the response would get him to let off and just watch the road but much to her dismay she watched his mouth open to ask more questions. ”were you and the person close?” he asked. the question hit giovanna hard in the chest. she had to think about it. would she tell him that they still were, that they talked everyday? no, she was too straightforward for that. ”we were once... can we leave it at that?” she asked and sighed in relief as he nodded slowly and stayed quiet for the rest of their ride to the airport.

the airport was once giovanna’s favorite place but today she had dreaded walking through the doors and to her terminal. today when they called her boarding group she groaned as she walked onto the airplane. during take off she wondered what would happen if she refused to get off when they landed or if she just refused to to get on the smaller plane to cataliana. landing and rushing to the small plane came out of habit to her and boarding it suddenly made her sick to the stomach. and when the planes tires landed an hour later she was ready to run the opposite way. but her mother was waiting and ready to take her home.

giovanna headed to the hiccup soon after she got home. her need for tea and a wake up call. she needed to realize that whether she liked it or not she was in cataliana and haleigh wouldn’t be walking through the doors trying to fix the broken friendship.
cooper.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: cataliana

Postby Kaliyana » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:11 pm

I apologize for the length; the rest will probably be half this :s

AND IT HURTS TO KNOW

cαℓιχ "cαℓ" σ'мαℓℓєу
The Stag

" ι cαηт тєℓℓ ιƒ ιм ∂єαℓιηg ωєℓℓ ωιтн ℓιƒє тнєѕє ∂αуѕ
σя ιƒ ι נυѕт ∂σηт gινє α ∂αмη αηумσяє
"

∂σιηg; Regretting his life choices and nursing a hangover | мσσ∂; Tired & cranky | тαℓкιηg тσ; Himself, mostly
ℓσcαтιση; Airport >> Hiccup | ωєαяιηg; Faded ripped jeans, white t-shirt, leather jacket, sunglasses.

If there was one thing that Calix hated most about his life; it was flying. He dreaded it. He wouldn't ever admit that it scared him a little bit (he was a stag after all, and stags didn't have wings; they weren't meant to fly, they were meant to gallop across open grassy fields) because he never wanted to seem that weak. It just didn't fit into the character that he had spent so much time turning himself into. If any of his current friends knew he was afraid of flying they would never let him live it down. He pushed his hair back and off his forehead as he pulled his suitcase off the belt in the airport; he regretted not getting a haircut before he had left. He also regretted the "goodbye party" he had attended last night.

He dug his sunglasses out of his carry-on bag and placed them over his eyes before slinging the back over his shoulder. He adjusted the black leather jacket he was wearing, wondering for a moment if what he was wearing was "too high-school" for him. He was a CEO now, and the minute he had decided to book a ticket home he reverted back almost entirely towards his old wardrobe. He had always love "bad-boy" clothes, mostly because he knew he had the physic to pull them off, but also because he loved the way they looked and felt on him.

Cal didn't have anyone waiting for him at the airport, because he hadn't told anyone he was coming. But that was the way he liked it, he didn't want anyone to be fussing over him the moment he returned. He hadn't spoken to anyone in this town save his mother in almost 10 years. He swallowed thickly, his fingers digging into the back of his neck as he stepped outside and took in the familiar smells. This place was home, and as much as he wanted to admit that Upstate New York was his home, he knew it wasn't. This was always going to be his home, no matter where he went. He had a moment to wonder exactly how he was going to be getting around when his phone rang. He glanced at the caller ID for only a moment before a noise only akin to a growl passed his lips.
        "Nat, what did I tell you? No phone calls, you can handle the office for a week on you own." He wanted to drop his head into his palm but he was in public. "I know sir, just thought you should know we've arranged for a vehicle for you. Front side pocket of your carry on, the small one; there's a set of keys to a mustang GT in there. Rental company left it at the airport for you last night." A wide, almost childish smile spread across his face. "You're joking." He reach into the pocket she described, pulled out the keys, and had to resist the urge to do a happy dance. Mustangs were his favorite car.

He quickly thanked her, hung up the phone, and went to find the gorgeous beauty that awaited him. He threw his suitcase in the back, sunk into the leather seat and sighed happily. He loved his job. He revved the engine once, then threw the car into first gear and ripped out of the parking space. He knew his destination; The Hiccup. The only coffee place in town, and the only place to get a decent cup of coffee. Whatever they had served on that plane had made his hangover worse rather than better. He pulled up outside, the place bringing back memories he'd rather not thing about right now. He parked the flashy car on the cub, grinning like the devil as he stepped out and basked in the stares he was receiving. He'd changed a lot since highschool, filled out and grew taller. He was sure once he took is large shades off they'd probably recognize him, he looked too much like his father.

He walked up to the counter rather hesitantly, the smells of the shop bringing many more memories of days spent in here, and he couldn't afford to think about those right now.
        "Large black please." He said quietly, taking note of the way the girl behind thec counter shifted as she head his accent. He'd spent 5 years in London; only been back this side of the world for the last year, he was still in the process of losing the slight British he had picked up. He smiled widely at her as he took the cup from her, and turned to survey the room. It hadn't changed much; his favorite seat, a small table surrounded by chairs by the fireplace was still there. And vacant. His smile turned almost sad as he made his way over and sat in his usual spot; the chair in the corner, his front to the room.

He sipped his coffee and sighed contently. He was home.

THAT YOU BELONG HERE
Kaliyana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

andrew // one

Postby paria. » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:32 pm

xx,,( A N D R E WxxM I K A E L S ! ! )
    x,{ age; twenty six } - { gender; male } - { role; the cougar } - { location; russia > hiccup } - { tags; cal }━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

dena low, deep growl emitted from a bundle of blankets that were man-shaped. andrew’s alarm clock was going off incessantly, which made him want to break the thing into pieces. the blankets were thrown off him and the alarm clock was immediately shut off. drew sighs softly as he remembers the funeral. the shifter proceeded to take a shower and get dressed before he missed his flight. after the shower, andy slipped on a grey button up shirt and rolled the sleeves above his elbows before pulling on black jeans. he quickly laced up a pair of grey boots and grabbed his jacket along with his duffle before leaving his home. the ride to the airport was nothing special and neither was the whole process of him going through security and whatnot before getting his seat on the plane. due to his job, he was able to get a good seat that wasn’t nestled in between two large men. he shivered at the memory of flying to russia seated between two very large men who snored.

denthe flight was roughly seventeen hours long, which made andrew want to jump off the plane. he hated being confined in the plane for so long. by the time the plane landed, it was morning in colorado. andy wasn’t really tired since he slept for a good portion of the flight over. he and the other passengers got off the plane and he retrieved his bag from the belt. he put on a pair of nike sunglasses before stepping outside, taking in the familiarity of his home state. andrew was shaken out of his nostalgia as his phone rang. he answered it and turned a bit sour once hearing who was on the other end. during the phone call, he searched for the bike he rented for his stay. he spotted the matte black yamaha yzf r1 and mounted it. he put in the key he recieved earlier and drove towards cataliana. he continued his conversation through a bluetooth earpiece. ”У меня нет времени тратить на ваши жалобы. Я сделал свою работу, и ты еще жив, не так ли? Подождите, пока я вернусь, теперь у меня есть бизнес,” he said as he hung up. one of his russian clients seemed to be dissatisfied with his work, despite being alive.

denandrew pulled into the hiccup’s parking lot and pulled off his helmet before entering the place. old memories flooded him as he went inside and saw the interior. he walked up to the counter slowly, still thinking about all the times he’d spent there. ”i’d like a black coffee and a blueberry muffin, please,” he asked with a small smile. his accent was definitely noticable since the girl kinda did a double take at him when he began speaking. he actually thought it was amusing. he payed for his coffee and muffin and ate the muffin as he casually joined cal by the fireplace. he didn’t realize it was cal, though. ”morning,” he greeted him as he sipped his coffee. his accent wouldn’t have tipped cal off that it was andrew, but once he looked up at cal he felt like he was familiar so he squinted a bit and tilted his head. ”hey, do i know you?”
paria.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

giovanna >> two

Postby cooper. » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:16 pm

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
giovanna r. pearson
tagged: open
ooc:

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
        giovanna talked with her mother shortly before walking over to the key holder on the wall and grabbing the key to the black jeep she had left here. before she could get out the door and to her car two big dogs cane running around the corner to greet her. a blur of muddled brown-black malinois fur was the first to reach her followed by an even bigger Doberman. ”kyler!!! emory!!” she said excitedly as the two dogs tried to knock her down. this is as the best part of home. the two senior dogs looked like puppies as they greeted the girl they had watched grow up from middle school to now. giovanna just watched and embraced the two overly excited creatures who could not seem to gain control of their tails, or who were trying to punish her for leaving with their tails. after much affection was given to the dogs, giovanna pushed them lightly away as she walked out of the front door and to the jeep sitting in the driveway. she opened the passenger, jumped in. and stuck the key in the ignition. she was happy to hear it roar to life. she backed out of the driveway and drove over to the hiccup.

as she swung the jeep into a parking spot giovanna tried not pay attention to anything else at the hiccup. it was october and she could feel the cold starting to move in on cataliana. fall in cataliana was like winter, most days it snowed. that’s why winter was their busy season, tourists from all over would come just to go skiing or snowboarding on the mountains. that’s how the citizens of cataliana really thrived and everybody seemed to work during the winters growing up. giovanna pushes aside the thought of the forest and the snow and walked in through the door of the hiccup and straight to the small line that was waiting to put their orders in. she was tense, the hiccup had caused memories to run rampant in her mind and she made a point of staring blankly ahead while she waited to order. it was slowly starting to hit her that haleigh wouldn’t be entering and that she shouldn’t look anxiously around for her. giovanna played with strands of her red hair quietly as the line moved. ”hi there.. could i get a peppermint tea please?” giovanna asked lightly. her voice sounded confident but mentally she was anything but. she had never felt so out of place in the town where she grew up, she felt like she had intruded on an innocent place in a time lost that played only the good memories but logic told her that the time she walked in on was gone for good. the girl behind the counter stared curiously at her for a little bit before getting her tea and handing it to her. ”thank you.” she forced out as the cashier still eyed her.

giovanna moved to one of the tables closest to the fireplace due to the fact that she forgot to bring a coat with her on her tea run and preferred to be warm while sitting inside. giovanna scrolled through the notifications on her phone and smiled at the texts from her crew members. the ’I miss you’s and the ’look what you’re missing out on’ texts have her the sense that the earth was still spinning. when she had left she only told her supervisor why she had to go back home for so long. her crew members had pressed and tried to get something out of her but backed off when they realized it was hopeless and that to them, they had better things to talk about while waiting to help someone out.
cooper.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: cataliana

Postby Kaliyana » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:03 am

AND IT HURTS TO KNOW

cαℓιχ "cαℓ" σ'мαℓℓєу
The Stag

" ι cαηт тєℓℓ ιƒ ιм ∂єαℓιηg ωєℓℓ ωιтн ℓιƒє тнєѕє ∂αуѕ
σя ιƒ ι נυѕт ∂σηт gινє α ∂αмη αηумσяє
"

∂σιηg; Regretting his life choices and nursing a hangover | мσσ∂; Tired & cranky | тαℓкιηg тσ; Andrew, sort of gia.
ℓσcαтιση; Airport >> Hiccup | ωєαяιηg; Faded ripped jeans, white t-shirt, leather jacket, sunglasses.

As he sipped on his coffee, and scrolled through his phone, he wondered if he should bother taking his sunglasses off. He was sitting relatively close to the window, and he really did have a nasty headache, so perhaps he could get away with leaving them on. No one working seemed to care, and any of the morning customers went about their business without so much as a glance in his direction. Not that there was a whole lot of business at this hour. It was almost 7 in the morning, the highschool and college kids wouldn't be up for probably another hour.

He glanced up briefly when the door chimed, only because he was certain that he hadn't heard it do that in a rather long while.
        He was glad that he left the sunglasses on as he "checked out" the man that entered the shop. Tall, probably the same height as himself, with a hell of a lot more muscle that he had. He shifted a little uncomfortably, dropping his eyes from the man to his phone screen again. He was home, he grew up with these people, he wasn't even sure if any of them knew he was bisexual and he certainly didn't want to give any of them anymore reason to hate him. He tried to act like he hadn't noticed him enter when the man sat beside him, and Cal could get a closer look without obviously staring. When he spoke, the Russian accent reminded him vaguely of someone he used to know while living here, more so of the boys parents rather than the boy himself.

"I'm not sure mate, but I think I know you." He pocketed his cellphone, took another small sip of his coffee before he decided he might as well introduce himself properly. He was fairly certain the man sitting beside him was Andrew, probably one of the closer of the group to him growing up, but he wasn't entirely sure. He pulled his sunglasses off, set them on the table, gave the man what he assumed to be a welcoming smile, and extended his hand. "I'm Cal. I'm pretty sure we went to highschool together, but then again, who didn't go to highschool together in this town?" His voice trailed off until barely any sound at all came out as he heard the jingle of the door again, and his eyes automatically looked to see who had entered. His breath stopped for a second as he recognized immediately who had just entered. The red hair was unmistakable.

"Gia..." He said the name quietly, watching her walk to the counter and order her drink. He felt like a stalker, but when seeing your high school crush after so many years you kind of can't help but stare. "Sorry mate, I think I know her too." Cal said to the man, chuckling a little to himself.

THAT YOU BELONG HERE
Kaliyana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me