nights in white satin ;; closed

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

nights in white satin ;; closed

Postby bee buzz » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:14 pm

it's the late 70s. you just graduated high school.
    and before you and your friends move across the country, even
    the world for college, you decide to take one last trip together. where to?
    no where
    that's right, you've found a little spot in the middle of nowhere, an abandoned quarry
    surrounded by beautiful woods and mountains.

but someone lost the map. you have no way of contacting anyone
    for help, except the CV radio that cuts in-and-out. you'd be lucky to get
    a trucker, trundling down the dirt road, miles from the quarry.
    whose idea was this anyway?
Last edited by bee buzz on Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
bee buzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

nights in white satin ;; characters

Postby bee buzz » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:43 pm

the couples

the gentle couple
extremely soft with each other, have
cute nicknames, often holding hands,
hugging, kissing each other's forehead

♂ | michaelangelo blackburn-smiths| 18| brookhiser
♀ | name| age | res

the opposite couple
totally polar opposites in terms of
their personalities. one is loud and
proud, the other is more serious or
shy. they are in love with each other

♂ | Jacob James Duvall | 19 | The Classic Crime
♀ | Heather Carmichael | 19 | angel .

the rocky couple
due to any number of factors,
this couple always seems to be
on the rocks. however, when they're
good, they're great. will they last?

♀ | Frances Loraine Brooks | 19 | pennywise;
♀ | Elizabeth Lawrence| 18| rowlet

the singles

the clown
he's a little obnoxious, a little
loud, but a lot funny. he doesn't
take things seriously at all, but
still cares about the safety of
his friends

♂ | Louis King | 18 | Sherlock Holmes

the planner
she's neurotic, loves to organise
and plan things, but gets worked up
when things don't work out. she's a
touch anxious, and something of an
old soul

♀ | Pippy Driscoll | 18 | losver

the crier
she's a shy, quiet girl, not completely
sure she fits in. she sticks close to her
friends. she cries and is scared very
easily. she's very clever and artistic,
but too afraid to show her work.

♀ | Edwina Roth | 18 | planet janet

the chill
he's the most laid back one of the
group. he tries to diffuse tension with
humor, and playfully calls people names. he
loves his food but has an amazing metabolism,
much to the chagrin of many of the girls in
the group.

♂ | morgan greene | 18 | yata.

the angry
she tends to stay to herself, and
seems to distrust and dislike the
world. she's a free thinker, and
a hard worker but tends to rely
on herself

♀ | Aiden Avice | 18 | lunatic,
Last edited by bee buzz on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:43 pm, edited 18 times in total.
bee buzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

nights in white satin ;; rules

Postby bee buzz » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:13 am

i. cs rules obvs
ii. human FCs please (i have
some if you're
stuck!)
iii. you can have two
characters, of
opposite
genders
iv. stick to the character
genders please
v. this is the 70s so
the same sex couple
should reflect the times
vi. here's the
discussion
thread
bee buzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bee buzz » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:11 pm

pippy ¦ wearing: [removed] ¦ with: everyone

Crammed in the back seat of her dad's pale blue '73 coronet wagon, Pippy had to wonder why she wasn't the one driving. No, instead, she saw the back of Morgan's head. She was the smallest of the group, and was taking up the least space, yet somehow was still being squashed against the left side passenger door. It wasn't all bad. The troupe was cruising along an empty high way, trees, plains and the occasional telephone pole whizzing in and out of her field of vision. The radio began cutting out, static sizzling through the speakers.

They were reaching the middle of nowhere, the poles becoming fewer and fewer until only the trees whipped past. "Here," she spoke to those in the front seat, "put on this tape. This static is making my teeth hurt." She leaned forward, reaching down to her back pack. Rifling through it for a brief moment, she quickly produced a ziplock bag packed dangerously full of tapes, each labelled painfully neatly in a fine black marker. Frankly, she'd been just waiting for the excuse to play some David Bowie, especially Space Oddity. She wasn't totally sure everyone else would enjoy it, but figured she'd offer anyway. "If you guys want something else, I've got Alice Cooper, Donovan and The Carpenters as well," she quickly amended. Still, her hand reached between the front seats, presenting them with it.
Last edited by AquilaFuga on Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: image link removed
bee buzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

heather carmichael [01]

Postby angel. » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:26 pm

[removed]
[ tags; everyonexxplace; the carxxemotions; excited ]

{{Heather loved road trips. Whether it was a small midnight trip to the drug store or an eight hour drive to a family members house, Heather loved it. In all honesty, she usually dozed off, no matter what the radio was playing and she swore that those were the best naps of her life. The scenic drive to the campsite at the quarry was absolutely breath taking and drastically different from the small town that they lived in. Once they started driving into the more remote areas, the static on the radio seemed to make her uneasy and she was happy for Pippy to offer up an alternative.

"Great taste in music Pippy, my mom had quite a few of The Carpenters' vinyls as well," Heather spoke up, looking at the bag full of tapes that clearly had a lot of thought put into it. Once the radio shifted, Heather listened to the music and closed her eyes, letting her head rest back against the head rest and took serenity in the peace of it all. They had just graduated and this trip was going to wrap up all of the things she loved about the last year they had spent together and she wouldn't rather be here with anyone else. Without thinking too much into it, a small smile turned up the corners of her lips as she remembered a few of the best days they had all made.
Last edited by AquilaFuga on Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: font image removed
angel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: nights in white satin ;; open

Postby The Classic Crime » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:32 am

|| jake | nineteen | tag ;; squad ||

Although Jake got stuck with the side seat, squeezed against the window and styled hair grazing the roof of the small car,
he was happy to be sitting next to heather, and draped his arm lazily across the back of her seat to run his fingertips along her shoulder. He was so excited to be with his friends for a closing of high school celebration, and was absolutely ecstatic to be able to swim in the quarry.

"When you get bored of that, I have KISS," Jake stated with a light chuckled, patting his backpack where the new KISS album was being kept on his cassette. Sure, he enjoyed David Bowie, and he knew mostly everyone in the car wouldn't want to listen to his music, but he put it out there more for a laugh than anything.
The Classic Crime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kendall Roy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:23 am

Louis | 18 | Homosexual | Feeling:Hyper | Location:The Car | Tagged:Everyone |

Louis was in the middle.Probably due to the fact that everyone equally "deserved" the same amount of the weird,loud and
obnoxious mess that was Louis King.

Louis was wearing what he always wore.His prized flying jacket(even though it was way to hot for it),his old ripped blue jeans,white t-shirt and old black and white conversers. He adjusted his new sunglasses as he grabbed a packet of candies that he had found on the car floor.

"Oi turn it up!"He shouted way too loudly for the space they were currently in.
He stuffed a handful of the random candies into his mouth as he lighly tapped the seat in front of him.
"Anyone got any soda?"Louis randomly blurted out between another mouthful of candy.
"I wanna try'n burp the alphabet."He added trying to sound cool,even though he was on a clear and strong sugar high.
Kendall Roy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bee buzz » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:43 am

pippy ¦ the planner ¦ with: everyone

Pippy grinned over at Heather. "I adore Karen's voice," she replied, referring to the lead singer of The Carpenters. "Oh and her hair? I envy that volume." She glanced over to Jake as he spoke up. "KISS definitely works too - we'll have to play it on the boom box when we get to the quarry." Her smile widened, and she ducked her chin to hide it. Everything was going to plan, she'd packed everything properly, and the closer she got to the quarry the more excited she became.
Then Louis happened. The cringe crept its way up her spine until she was crunching her shoulders up to her chin. "Could you maybe chew with your mouth closed?" she asked, bitingly. The sound of open chewing was giving her the absolute skeevies. Rolling her eyes, she stabbed her thumb into the back of the wagon. "The pop's in the back, just behind me. But it's under some stuff, so be careful or it'll fall out the open window." She then mushed herself down as much as she could to prepare for his inevitably obnoxious clambering just to burp. "Juvenile," she whispered.
bee buzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kendall Roy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:03 am

Louis | 18 | Homosexual | Feeling:Hyper | Location:The Car | Tagged:Everyone |

Louis mimicked Pippy jockingly as he rooted around for the soda which had been pushed under her chair.
"Haha!Got ya!"He stated thrusting the bottled drink into their air triumphantly.
Louis began to whistle slightly along to the song playing on the radio.

He was actually really tired,but the dodgy candy had quickly kicked in and the affects were strong.He was really looking forward to going to the quarry,he loved swimming;well pushing people in and pranking everyone,or pretending he was a shark,which obviously never worked.

"Before I show you how damn manly I am,its time for a random joke!"
Louis declared letting the drink hiss as he opened it,trying hard not to spill it everywhere.
Kendall Roy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: heather carmichael [02]

Postby angel. » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:37 am

━━XH E A T H E RX━━
tags everyone place the car emotion slightly annoyed
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━

Ah, Louis. As much as Heather loved all of her friends and they all cared about each other, they could also annoy the hell out of each other. It was just the little things that set them apart, mainly the different in the volume of their voices. It was all fun and games until everyone started getting annoyed and grumpy. Heather lifted her head back up and blinked open her eyes to look at the ball of energy in the seat behind her. She was grateful at least to be stuck next to Jake, looking up at him and rolling her eyes before going to hold his hand. "Uh oh," she whispered underneath her breath, awaiting Louis' joke that would probably gain a unanimous sigh from the whole car.
angel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me