c r o w n o f i m m o r t a l i t y

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

c r o w n o f i m m o r t a l i t y

Postby rae sanders » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:25 pm

yo
ho
ho
pirates
life
for me

~

╔════
the year is 1742, the treasure is high, the crime is higher, and the fight for everything is growing nearer.
the crown is cracking down on piracy, and hiring privateers to go after their own blood and kind.
men, women, boys, and girls who have found their place on the sea, soon fears losing what they love.
the sea calls to young and old, the place they live and die. up on board the crown of immorality.
Last edited by rae sanders on Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
rae sanders

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

r u l e s

Postby rae sanders » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:28 pm

* 1.) Tess's Rules apply.
* 3.) Since there are limited spots, there is currently a maximum of one character per user.
* 4.) If you are interested in being an important position, PM me an example of writing. I will pick someone.
* 5.) Please use only live action face claims; no anime/animation.
* 6.) Please do not do your typical over the top exaggerating, yes, it is pirates, so the rare occasion of a kraken or mermaid may come up, PM before.
* 7.) Attempt to keep genders even; ie., if you see an excess of females, make a male character, and vice versa. I appreciate it! ONLY TWO GIRLS LEFT, ONE BOYS OPEN
* 8.) Keep in mind that this is an advanced/semi-lit RP. This means that I expect at least two decently sized paragraphs per post, as well as proper spelling/grammar.
* 9.) Do not murder characters without permission from the owner of the character. Also, please check with the owner of the RP.
* 10.) Make your own form.
* 11.) Post all forms on the ‪Discussion Thread‬
* ‪12.) ‬
* ‪13.)‬
Last edited by rae sanders on Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
rae sanders

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

p o s i t i o n s

Postby rae sanders » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:32 pm

The Captain:
man or woman who mans the ship
First Mate:
on most ships, the First Mate is the officer who ranks just below the Captain of the ship and takes over in the event that the Captain can no longer perform his duties. Unfortunately this is not the case on a pirate ship. The first mate on a pirate ship is the man the pirate picks as his second in command. In the even the pirate is killed the job falls to the quartermaster.
Quartermaster:
deal with punishments and discipline, including punishing the captain if he stepped out of line. The quartermaster represented the other pirates, taking their issues to the attention of the captain. He would also be the one to take control of any vessels won in battle, becoming his own captain.
Master Gunner:
responsible for the ship's guns and ammunition. This included sifting the powder to keep it dry, prevent it from separating, insuring the cannons and ordnance were kept free of rust, and that all weapons were kept in good repair.
Boatswain:
skilled seamen who kept the ship afloat or kept the crew in place. The Bos'n was one of them. Originally, on board a sailing ship such as a man-of-war or a galleon, the boatswain was in charge of a ship's anchors, cordage, colors, deck crew and the ship's boats, and would also be in charge of the rigging while the ship was in dock.
Cabin Boy:
young boy of privileged birth who is sent to sea to learn the maritime trade. Typically the cabin boy waits upon the officers of the ship. In some instances he may act as the Captain's servant.
Carpenter:
the man who kept the ship afloat, making necessary repairs, filling holes if need be, and so on. Carpentry was an extremely useful skill onboard ship and good carpenters were highly valued.
Rigger:
work the running rigging and to furl/release the sails were referred to as Riggers. 
Able Sailor:
The able sailor was the common seaman aboard the ship. They are expected to follow orders, and have basic knowledge of the sails and how to steer the ship. During battle, able sailors are expected to either man the guns or board the other ship and fight, so a basic proficiency with weapons is also helpful.
Powder Monkey:
young boys who made up the gun crews. The term dates from the 1600s. Many powder monkeys were probably pressed into service, being kidnapped by press gangs and forced to serve aboard ship.
Surgeon:
highly valued among pirates and when pirates captured ships they would often press surgeons into service. A surgeon was typically the only person kept on board who was not required to sign articles. Depending on the nature of the crew some surgeons were paid even if they refused to sign on.
Last edited by rae sanders on Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
rae sanders

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

r e s e r v e d

Postby rae sanders » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:36 am

rae sanders

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

r e s e r v e d

Postby rae sanders » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:00 pm

Just in case
rae sanders

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

s k y r i s - q u a r t e r m a s t e r

Postby rae sanders » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:46 pm

skyris
quartermaster ;; twenty-one

The young woman walked up the stairs to the poop deck, turned quickly, and leaned against the railing, looking out on deck, watch crew members clean the deck and siding. She looked upon the port of Nassau, Bahamas and down the water that slowly became more clear at every inch of moment that the ship took. She whispered to the Pilot to make a slight turn of wheel, to straighten up to the far left port side, where it was less likely to have trouble from others.
As the sudden shift of direction laid to rest, she looked around, giving quiet orders to men here and there, hoping to have no trouble once getting to port. Sending out the orders, she was attempting to prepare to gather more supplies on board: livestock, yeast, and whatever else they could get. She wanted to invest into chickens, thinking it would be a good idea to get about fifteen, place them below, get enough eggs for the crew members and eventually have chicken to eat as well. They had a cow and goat below for cheeses and milks. On good days, she would have some cabin boys grab poles, go to anchor, and throw about four lines out for around three hours, bringing in enough fish for the crew to have a good meal for one day.
She tried her best to give the crew the best, for all the hard work and loyalty that they gave to the ship. Despite all of what she had to go through to be where she was, she kinda liked the lifestyle; and considering she was apart of a pirate crew for only six years of her life, she had gotten very far, and seen a lot of sea and experiences. Being on the sea for so long before piracy, she learned Italian trade works, and learned skills aside from pirate work.
Looking up, she saw the crew member in the crow's nest, looking vigorously at the port, and slowly make their way down, she walked down the stairs, and to the foremast, taking stand, and feeling the sea lapping up the front sides of the ship and the breeze moved through her long hair as the land seduced the ship towards her.
rae sanders

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦✧ kadlin of dragons -- master gunner {1}

Postby The Alpha » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:35 am

✦✧ KADLIN"OF DRAGONS"ADDAMS ✦✧
-----ᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ɢᴜɴɴᴇʀ-----

┏--------------- ⊰ ✦✧ ⊱ ---------------┒
"The seas be ours and by the powers...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gender ⊱ Female
Age ⊱ 20 Years
Sexual Orient ⊱ Hetero
Location ⊱ The Bow
Mentioned ⊱ ~~
Tags ⊱ Skyris
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
...where we will, we'll roam."
┗--------------- ⊰ ✧✦ ⊱ ---------------┙
From her place on the bow, Kaldin's eyes scanned the horizon as she leaned against the canon beside her. Glancing down from time to time at her outstretched hand that held a compass, her gaze followed the horizon as if searching for something. The sea before them, the vast area of water was empty though, save for the island that they headed for. Not a day went by that Kaldin did not come to have a look and see if she could catch a glimpse of those so familiar blood red sails out on the horizon, just a moment of familiarity of seeing The Jabberwocky out upon the water, waiting for her return. It had been many years since the day it disappeared over the waves, taking her father with it as the Spanish chased him. She knew he was still out there somewhere though and she planned on finding him...one day. Hearing movement behind her, she glanced back with her icy gaze to see a few crewmen moving about and preparing to dock at port. She could use some time off the ship herself, stretch her legs some on solid ground. She'd even pondered about purchasing a bird to keep with her aboard, something to help keep watch for enemies and land when fog came. With a soft sigh escaping her lips at another day with no sight of her father's galleon, the Master Gunner snapped the compass shut and turned on her heel, planning to move towards the main deck only to stop when she noticed Skyris standing at the foremast, her eyes trained out over the waves.

She had nothing but respect for the Quarter Master and found her timid yet encouraging nature rather noble and refreshing, to say the least. Most on the seas were brash and insulting like most of the crew when they had too much rum, but Skyris never changed and that brought Kaldin much comfort knowing someone with good sense held such a high position onboard. She moved over to the girl, careful not to surprise her as she spoke, trying to force her tone to be a bit more inviting than usual, "You seem to have a lot on your mind, Miss Skyris. Something trouble you by chance?" Her Scottish dialect mixed a bit with the British as she spoke as if battling with which one would sound the strongest in her voice, but her words were more than easy enough to understand. She always spoke properly to the young woman not only because she was a higher rank, but also because she was her elder by a year. And because she respected the woman so much.
The Alpha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

skyris - quartermaster

Postby rae sanders » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:44 am

skyris
quartermaster ;; twenty-one

As the ship grew nearer to the port, she clinched her hands onto the siding in anxiousness, she was excited to get off and go about, it had been almost a month since they last saw land and they went through supplies quickly due to the fact that they had encouraged two pirate ships that attacked, losing of course.
She listened to the sounds of the ocean, the swaying of the ship, and the creaking of the boards. She could hear the steps of someone approaching her, but didn't pay much attention because she felt it was just a cabin boy asking for more work. As the Scottish voice boomed out, asking if something was bothering her, she released her hands from the side and turned on her heels, facing the master gunner and thinking over her answer before opening her mouth.
"No, just anxious to get on land, I want to make sure we are restocked a good bit, since we got so low on supplies so quickly." She replied calmly to the younger woman. She looked past her ear and looked to see what the crew was doing, making sure that they were in check and doing what she had assigned them to do. She looked up past the pilot and to the captain's quarters. "Wonder when I dear captain will appear today," almost too slyly.
She refocused her eyes onto the woman and spoke once more, "When we are in port, let's try to gather extra gunpowder and such, just so we are ready for anything, I don't want our stock to get low like last time." She ordered, hoping she didn't sound too harsh, she felt that sometimes she came on too strong and demanding, even if she was the quartermaster and that was her job. She only wanted what was right for everyone and the ship, so if she had to be a little more demanding at some times, she would, but she didn't try to get on the crew's bad side, she needed a happy crew. Happy crew meant a happy ship, and nothing went then.
rae sanders

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

─── ( post one

Postby braunkatt » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:44 am

─── ( william michaels alderslade :: skyris and kadlin :: cabin boy

every belligerent second made the poor cabin boy want to hurl. the boat rocked back and forth easily, clinging onto the edge for life william could feel his stomach churning. he hadn't eaten since the night before, will was always the last (whether he liked it or not) to feast. as soon as he got his hands on a fish or bread, almost immediately it would be snatched from his hands. his hair stuck like glue to his forehead, the crystal-clear waters was exactly what william needed. only a three times he had passed out of heat exhaustion, luckily the doctor was on board and wasn't all that bad.

"blimey," william muttered, he covered his face in his lap. the quiet chatter from the quartermaster caught his attention. remorse washed over him; two years ago he had made the choice to leave his family off to america. james (his father) worked close enough with cash crops to steal money to send the black sheep of the family off to law school. harvard...yeah, that's what it was called. the eldest out of six decided to go sight seeing in massachusetts, on the way he was captured by civilians gone rouge. a prisoner for months, he bartered with one of the guards and eventually escaped. now a wanted fugitive for the american colonies; william figured it was best for him to just leave.

he missed his family dearly, though william's father was borderline verbally abusive he still found himself longing for his approval. he knew for a fact that he could never be the lawyer that his father dreamed that he'd be. it was like james was living through william; constantly signing him up for stuff that he didn't want to do...but william learned to live with it. his mother and sisters made it the slightest of suitable.

skyris, the highly respectable quarter-master stood towards the foremast, the master gunner conversing with her. william knew that he'd be yelled at if he was found not doing anything, forcefully pushing himself from the floor he trudged through the floors. dodging some of the crew he gingerly approached the two. both of them came off as intimidating, william wasn't as harsh, but more respectable. utterly miserable and nauseous he opened his mouth, "hello kadlin," his hand brushed against the sleeve of her blouse. "i've finished my task, is there anything else?" the englishman inquired.

word count / 400
Last edited by braunkatt on Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
braunkatt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦✧ kadlin of dragons -- master gunner {2}

Postby The Alpha » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:14 am

✦✧ KADLIN"OF DRAGONS"ADDAMS ✦✧
-----ᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ɢᴜɴɴᴇʀ-----

┏--------------- ⊰ ✦✧ ⊱ ---------------┒
"The seas be ours and by the powers...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gender ⊱ Female
Age ⊱ 20 Years
Sexual Orient ⊱ Hetero
Location ⊱ The Bow
Mentioned ⊱ ~~
Tags ⊱ Skyris, William
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
...where we will, we'll roam."
┗--------------- ⊰ ✧✦ ⊱ ---------------┙
The blonde woman watched the Quarter Master as she turned to her and answered, a gentle nod given to show she agreed with her. It had always been very clear to her that the woman had endured much in her years upon the sea, more than Kadlin ever could. Though her father had been a pirate, she had been blessed that he was a good man, one that cared more for her than his own greed or gold. She couldn't have asked for a better father really for as much knowledge he'd taught her and for as much as he did for her taking her in when her mother died. She figured Skyris was as quiet as she was because of her past, yet she did what she had to to get her orders across. It was why Kadlin respected her authority so much. "I cannot agree more. Lest we come across more bloody idiots who've decided they'd like their ship sent to the locker." The blonde woman shifted her weight as she turned her eyes back to the sea, leaning back against the foremast, her tone of voice edging on ice though she did her best to make it somewhat welcoming for Skyris's sake. She couldn't help the little grin that spread over her lips when she heard her speak of the captain.

It seemed most of them on board held some sort of distrust or dislike against their "good captain". The Master Gunner spared a glance up at the door of the Captain's Quarter and chuckled sarcastically, "If it suits her, she shall appear. If not..." She turned her gaze back to the woman, "Well it would be a terrible shame if she were to not join us on shore." There was sarcasm just dripping off of those words and she felt no need to keep her voice down though she did not shout it either. Kadlin held no fear of the woman though at the same time, fighting with her would be fruitless and a waste of everyone's time. How was it that she had come to captain this ship? Skyris had been the Quarter Master at the time when the captain passed and yet it was Victoria that now commanded the Crown of Immortality. Very curious no that she thought on it... Either way, she still had a right to her opinion and Kadlin reserved that right. She quickly cleared her throat to regain her normal tone of voice and added, "Aye, ma'am. I shall be sure that we will not leave port without five barrels extra of gun power and enough cannon shot to fill a long boat, Miss. I too would like not to run out of ammunition again as I have much I still have left to do here in this life."

Hice blue gaze flickered to the waves once again as if to check one last time for those blood red sails before looking down to her feet. It was then Kadlin noticed the movement of a young man beside her and a voice greet her. When his hand brushed her sleeve, she recoiled quickly, moving away from him as instinct beckoned her to. Her battle training with her father and his crew had prepared her for anything and to never get too close to a person no matter how kind they may usually be. It seemed that though he was not a threat, she had been right to move aside as the look of the cabin boy - William as she knew it - was absolutely dreadful. "By the salt within the sea, does the water's shift still cause ya to be so moved, William?" Her accent shifted to be a bit more Scottish than before as it always did when her reactions rose though her tone remained firm with a bit of ice and a bit of softness. She didn't know very much about William, but she did know that he hadn't been aboard for much longer than two years. It was clear to Kadlin that it hadn't been long enough for him to gain his sea legs. He was having a harder take on it this time though, judging by the horrid expression on his face and the sweat he was drenched in.

She looked over to Skyris as Kadlin decided it best to let the slightly older woman decide what to tell him rather than to give him an order herself. It wasn't her place to after all.
The Alpha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me