๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•• ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•–๐•Ÿ ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•–๐•ช ๐••๐•š๐•–๐••. โœง apocalyptic โœง accepting

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•• ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•–๐•Ÿ ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•–๐•ช ๐••๐•š๐•–๐••. โœง apocalyptic โœง accepting

Postby FoxScarf » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:33 pm

๏ผท๏ผจ๏ผฅ๏ผฎ ๏ผด๏ผจ๏ผฅ ๏ผฉ๏ผฌ๏ผฌ๏ผฎ๏ผฅ๏ผณ๏ผณ
first began to make headlines, not many of us seemed to take notice. This 'New Plague', as the news anchors called it, was a world away - it was 'so sad', yes, but we went about our lives without much hesitation. It seemed every year, the media would take something like this and just blow it out of proportion. Why would we stop and treat this endemic any different?
โœง โœง โœง
The illness ravaged the nations it had appeared in, and within months, was spreading like wildfire. Out of control, raging and burning through everything it touched. When the first citizen of our little nation succumbed, the panic began. We had seen how it had destroyed the wealthier nations before us, how once-healthy and fit young people had withered away. The medical and scientific communities were scrambling, trying to find some miracle cure - but they were dying too. Everyone was dying; the illness was airborne and none seemed able to escape it.
โœง โœง โœง
The exception being yourself. For some unknown, twisted and painful reason, you recovered while the other ninety-nine percent had died. You were weak when you first woke, coming out of the scorching fever, but within hours you felt... different. Incredibly and inexplicably different. Perhaps you were stronger. It wasn't like the movies, where the genetically-altered super hero would stop a train and save the day, but you could now do more than you had ever done before. Maybe you noticed things that, prior to the fever, you never would have noted before. These 'little enhancements' perhaps scared you as much as they amazed you. Or maybe you felt more powerful and in control than ever before. Either way, you were still very much alone.
โœง โœง โœง
After five months, ninety-nine of the population of our sleepy little nation was gone, burned up and buried in the ground. You found yourself wandering, perhaps - or maybe you began to build a new nation from the ashes of the one that choked before you. All you knew was this - you're alive, and better than ever before - and you plan on being around much, much longer.
Last edited by FoxScarf on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FoxScarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•• ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•–๐•Ÿ ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•–๐•ช ๐••๐•š๐•–๐••. โœง rules

Postby FoxScarf » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:47 pm

๏ผฒ๏ผต๏ผฌ๏ผฅ๏ผณ
โœง this is an 'enhanced persons' roleplay - meaning slight additions to strength, speed, thinking, sight, etc, excluding things like powers, examples being wings, invisibility, flight, and so on. let me know if you are confused on this so I can help!
โœง drama is very much encouraged! turf battles, romance, and flat-out dislike is perfectly fine and keeps it interesting, so spice it up y'all.
โœง only make as many characters as you can handle. I'm not really putting any parameters here on genders, orientations, etc.
โœง characters can be posted here, as well as questions, comments and whatnot about our roleplay!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•• ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•–๐•Ÿ ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•–๐•ช ๐••๐•š๐•–๐••. โœง apocalyptic โœง accepting

Postby FoxScarf » Tue May 02, 2017 11:11 am

๐•“๐•ฃ๐•ช๐•Ÿ

dusk/late evening || @ abandoned gas station convenience store || tags: none

It was raining.
The downpour was kicking dust up in the air; she watched it billow and cloud skyward as the rains began. It had been so dry - she was thankful for the rain. It had been two weeks since Bryn set out from her family's ranch, and today she found herself posting up in some abandoned gas station right off the highway. She knew if she wanted to find any sort of civilization - or sign of life for that matter - it'd be smarter to follow the highway to the interstate, and go from town to town. She had tried to drive at first, but she found quickly that as the population was decimated, there was no one to fill up the pumps at gas stations, so she had no choice really than to abandon her father's truck and walk. Never before had Bryn wished she had a bicycle or anything really, so badly.
A ragged bolt of lightning pealed across the sky, crackling with thunder and jolting Bryn from her thoughts. Sitting at the window, she watched the world roll on as if nothing was amiss. She could see tumbleweeds rolling along the pavement, a pair of Harris hawks flying toward a treeline in the distance to take shelter. It was curious; after her fever had subsided, Bryn had begun to... notice things. Things she never would have stopped to notice before. The humming of electricity, right before another bolt of lightning struck a telephone pole across the highway. She seemed hyper-aware of her surroundings, and she wasn't sure if she enjoyed it or not. Mostly, she just felt paranoid.
Sighing and stretching out her legs, she twisted to pop her back. It was a bad habit, she knew, but damn did it feel nice. Bryn absentmindedly scratched at the tattoos on her arm, wondering how long this storm would last. She hoped not long, she wanted to hit the road again tomorrow.
FoxScarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•• ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•–๐•Ÿ ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•–๐•ช ๐••๐•š๐•–๐••. โœง apocalyptic โœง accepting

Postby Alkhatine » Tue May 02, 2017 11:31 am

SHANE (Touch sensitivity)
Location - highway :: Tags - none

Shane tipped his head back as the first drops fell from the sky. It was the first rain he had been in since the plague passed, and with his newfound sensitivity, Shane found himself enjoying it immensely. Setting his bag down at the side of the highway, he returned to the center of the road. The teen closed his eyes, tuning everything out except the sensation of water hitting his skin, and stretched his arms out wide, spinning a bit. He chuckled to himself, knowing how foolish he looked, but he doubted anyone was around to see him anyway. A momentary pang of sadness shot through him, but a rolling rumble of thunder jolted Shane out of his thoughts. It was almost dark. How long had he been standing there, dancing in the rain? Shaking his head, he grimaced at the feeling of wet clothes before slinging his bag over his shoulder. He would walk around a bit and search for shelter.

((He could be in the same area as Bryn, if you wish. If not, he's just on some random highway))
Alkhatine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StarryDragon » Tue May 02, 2017 3:53 pm

โ”xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx โ”“
    Alice Rouse
    โ€ขNineteen years old
    โ€ขSight
    โ€ขSingle
    โ€ขAirport
    โ€ขTagged: No one
โ”— xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxโ”›

No matter which town she went to the first place Alice always went to was the airfield. It was almost like a second home to her as she had gone to an aviation based school, the sound of airplanes was the only thing that seemed to comfort her now. Placing her small backpack on the ground she kneeled down, before beginning to pick the lock of the fence that lead to the airstrip in order to find a working plane, a German Shepard at her side watching her every move. After hearing the satisfying sound of a click, she quickly grabbed her bag and made work on trying to find a working plane. The clicking of her boots were the only thing that made sound as she made her way to the hangers besides the small steps of her companion Draco. If I find a working plane then I should be able to see if anyone else is around here. With determination in her gaze, Alice checked to see which planes were unlocked and which needed keys. After 10 minutes of searching she was able to find a plane that had the key in the ignition. "Perfect now all I have to do is get into the air and look around." Once she gave the plane a quick inspection and made sure that their was fuel, she quickly helped Draco into the plane before climbing into the cockpit of the Piper aircraft. With the turn of a key, the engine began to rumble and her heart skipped a beat. "Alright Draco, lets go find some friends."
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Lance Reiter
    โ€ขTwenty-five years old
    โ€ขHearing
    โ€ขSingle
    โ€ขThe Streets

Silence. This is what seemed to consume him as the days kept passing. No longer could he heard the sound of the people beneath his studio apartment or the honking of cars in traffic or even the engines of planes in the sky, instead all he heard was nothing but his own heartbeat and the steps he took forward. Nothing seemed to be real anymore, it all happened so quickly. There was no one to talk to anymore and no one to listen to his woes but the trees and stray animals that roamed about.
StarryDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

One

Postby Legend. » Wed May 03, 2017 8:34 am

Violet sterling//emotion detection// tags~open

โ I'm your worst nightmare, but also your greatest desire โž

Violet screeched, she was hurled down a mountainside and the ground was approaching quickly. This was it she was dead,
she quickly sat up glad to be out of the horrible nightmare, she quickly wiped the cold sweat from her brow. She swung her legs over the side of the bed and walked over to the window. She opened the curtains expecting to see cars and people below. It was dead silent except for the ocassional chirp of a bird. she stormed away from the window upset with this reality.

After hours of muddling through her closet, she pulled on a simply blouse and some jean shorts. she put her hair in a ponytail. her blue eyes scanned the wooden door, if she turned the knob she would have to face the harsh reality that her parents, siblings, boyfriend, were gone she would never see them. She hesitated before turning the knob and walking out into the cold rain and she walked down the street looking for food.
Last edited by Legend. on Wed May 03, 2017 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Legend.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

โœง one

Postby widow. » Wed May 03, 2017 8:37 am

lydia faux ; voice (winona ryder) ; convenience store ; no tags

Just off exit 34 was a quaint little town, one which had been in the process of being taken over by big name convenience stores before the virus struck. It was in one of these stores that Lydia wandered, having taken shelter from the storm. The twenty one year old wouldn't mind riding in the rain if it were lighter, but the thunder and the strange feeling in her gut warned against it. She grumbled, annoyed that she couldn't find a gas station sooner. There was a way she could make her own gas, sure, she'd learned that from her father back when he worked as a mechanic. He had told her that it was much easier and more efficient to just buy it, but he told her how it was done anyway because of her curiosity. They'd joked that she could use that info if there was ever an apocalypse. a humorless smile spread across her lips as the irony came into view. While there was a way to make her own, she knew that was only possible at a place she would stay permanently, which was not an option. Hope of finding civilization, any other people, kept her from staying someplace forever. She pondered whether or not there even were any people left while she sat atop a collapsed shelf, her dim grey eyes watching the water fall from outside the massive, broken holes that were once windows. Something deep within her was convinced she wasn't alone.
widow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FoxScarf » Wed May 03, 2017 5:41 pm

๐•“๐•ฃ๐•ช๐•Ÿ

dusk/late evening || @ abandoned gas station convenience store || tags: Shane & Lydia

Bryn turned her back to the window and slumped down with her back against the hard mortar-and-brick wall, sighing heavily with how good it felt to be off her feet. She knew she ought to get comfortable, but she just couldn't. Something was nagging at her, in the back of her mind. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up and her toes began to tingle with anxiety, and then she knew. She must not be alone. It was dark; electricity was something never seen now, so the night was only illuminated periodically by lightning. Quieting her breathing, she could hear that of someone else's, and the soft rustling of fabric with the slow rhythms of it. There was definitely someone here. A concoction of anxiety, frustration, and hope flared through her, triggering Bryn to snatch up her meager bag and fling it over her shoulder, standing quickly so that whoever it was - if they were a threat - wouldn't take her unawares. "Where are you?" She called. Hearing her own voice bothered her. She hadn't spoken since the fever; there was no one to talk to. More likely than not, there was no one there, but she swore she could hear breathing. Just then, movement out in the rain caught her ever-wandering eye. There was something - a figure - moving in the road. This has to be a trap. I haven't seen anyone in weeks, and yet here there's two of 'em. Her anger flared, but she tried to stay composed. "If that's your friend outside walking in the road, y'all best move on." Another bolt of lightning lit up the sky, and confirmed her worries - there was a man walking in the street as well. Bryn didn't have much as far as protection went - there was nothing so far that she had needed to defend herself against. All she had was her hunting knife, snug in a strap around her left thigh. Her hand twitched toward it.
FoxScarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StarryDragon » Wed May 03, 2017 6:27 pm

Alice Rouse
    โ€ขNineteen years old
    โ€ขSight
    โ€ขSingle
    โ€ขAirport

As the prop spun in front of the aircraft Alice quickly scramble through her bag to find an old beat up aviation headset, which she quickly secured on her head. Out of habit, she adjusted the microphone and turned switches as though she was going to contact the control station, as she did this, a soft buzzing entertained her ears. Her hands found the air maps in the compartment as well as some assorted documents, finding the code for the aircraft she was in, she decided to try something. "This is Tango-four-nine-Alpha requesting clearance to taxi." The buzzing continued and out of irritation the girl clicked her tongue, she tried this at every airport she went to, a small piece of her hoped that someone was always on the other end just waiting. At least I tried... From memory, Alice began to maneuver the plane to the taxi ways. After a few minutes of figuring out the lay out of the airport she found the runway and prepared to take off. "Let's see if we can spot anyone today Draco." After she spoke she moved her arm forward, moving a lever, making the aircraft speed up, her pulse picked up as she caught a small wave of adrenaline in her system. After a slightly bumpy climb into the sky, her blue eyes immediately began to scan the ground below her. With her left hand on the yolk and the right hand on her lap, she picked at her ripped jeans out of nervousness. After a few seconds of scanning the ground her eyes quickly went back to the aircraft instruments in front of her. Her mind slowly wandering before going blank.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Lance Reiter
    โ€ขTwenty-five years old
    โ€ขHearing
    โ€ขSingle
    โ€ขThe Streets

Something was happening. In the distance a soft buzzing and the sound of a voice greeted his ears. Someone was there. He wasn't alone. A small pang in his chest reminded him that he was still alive, something he hadn't felt in a long time. Lance was weary, he wasn't sure what he should do; continue on this path to find people, or turn around and forget he ever heard anything. Before he even realized it, Lance had stopped in the middle of the street his eyes starring at the asphalt in front of them. A small piece of him wanted someone else to be alive, but the other part was scared, scared that whoever was alive would kill him, scared that they may try to harm him in anyway. Confused and afraid he slowly sat on the road, his hands in his hair running through the knotted mess it was. Over time the knots slowly went away and so did his confusion. He should find these people, good or bad he needed to. He had to know for a fact there was someone else out there besides him. He needed to make sure that his brain wasn't playing tricks on him.
StarryDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me