children of the revolution // closed, started!

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

do u... love me

yes!
25%
definitely!
No votes
absolutely!
13%
(:
63%

Total votes : 8

children of the revolution // closed, started!

Postby meadow. » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:43 pm

SETTING wrote:
Our story takes place after a war followed by economic
crisis shattered the nation of France. While technology
is advanced (i.e., smartphones, computers, airplanes,
cars) it is only accessible to the rich and socially elite.
Essentially, the whole world has been thrown backwards
to the conditions of the 1700 to 1800s, with some
anachronisms. The entire city of Paris is locked away
behind iron gates, hundreds of feet high, which are
impossible to climb and constantly patrolled by armed
guards. The King lives in a mansion, newly constructed
at the heart of the city, also heavily guarded. Outside
the city, the poor are left to fend for themselves,
policed heavily by local law enforcement officers.

RULES wrote:
These are the rules all citizens of France must follow.
They are heavily enforced, so prepare for the risk of
arrest if you're caught breaking any of them:
- curfew is 9:00pm
- lights out 11:00pm until sunrise
- no citizens are allowed to leave their homes
before 6:00am
- no unauthorized gathering, religious or
otherwise, is allowed
- any talk of revolution is to be immediately
reported to authorities. aiding a revolutionary
subjects one to the same punishment as the
rebels themselves.
ABOUT wrote:
By 2090, a "King" is back on the throne of France. The capitol, Paris,
once a city of love and beauty, is now an icy pillar of elitism and
greed. The poor crowd the iron gates, begging desperately for help
from the rich living within the barrier. Among the unsettled masses,
there lies an ember. Constantly glowing, red-hot beneath the feet
of the few in power, lies the spark of revolution. A select group
gathers to fan that spark into a flame.

⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀

Last edited by meadow. on Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
meadow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: children of the revolution // wip!

Postby meadow. » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:06 pm

PARIS, FRANCE wrote:
RULES! (actual rules this time)

- All of Tess & Nick's rules apply! If you don't know there rules, please do some studying before engaging in this or any roleplay.
- This roleplay is semi to advanced lit, so please write at least a decently sized paragraph (6-10 sentences minimum).
- If you'll be gone for a while, no big deal! But please let me know so I don't worry!
- Please play as only one character! Spots in this roleplay are limited, so choose your spot wisely, as it is the only one you'll get.
- If you'd like to reserve a spot, you can pm me, or visit the discussion thread here
- Don't do anything that would irritate you if someone else did it < 3

Last edited by meadow. on Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
meadow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby meadow. » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:12 pm

CHARACTERS wrote:
THE LEADER wrote:The brains behind the revolution. She is the match, the catalyst, the spark.The passionate, the loyal, the brave.
NAME: Selena Chartreuse
PLAYED BY: .glitch
THE FIGUREHEAD wrote:The symbol of the revolution.The figurehead is the revolution's representative. Their diplomat. More than just a pretty face, but the pretty face is useful too.
NAME: Emmeline Audrey Mauriac
PLAYED BY: meadow.
THE SPY wrote:The revolution's no. 1 informant.The spy is exactly that. He has found a way into the walls that surround Paris, and he is using his position to aid the rebels, despite the risk.
NAME: Rockford Sinclair
PLAYED BY: osirian trix
THE FUGITIVE wrote:The rebellion's criminal heart. No longer afraid to break the rules, the fugitive knows first hand how cruel the law enforcement can be. He cautions the rest of the group and helps keep their operations under the radar, out of the sight of the law enforcement.
NAME: Lucrèce Sylvain
PLAYED BY: bohdi
THE EXPERT wrote:The rebellions' tech support. The expert is responsible for arming the rebellion. They know everything there is to know about the latest Parisian technology, and use their knowledge to give the rebels a tactical advantage over their enemies. Also good at jerry-rigging explosives.
NAME: Taja Capri Carter
PLAYED BY: _Tiller_

THE TRAITOR wrote:The moral compass of the rebellion. Whatever his reason, the traitor was recently disowned by his parents after discovering the truth about the vicious ways of the monarchy. He chose rights for everyone over riches for few. He provides tactical support, and keeps the faith alive among the rebels.
NAME: Jean-Claude Lionel Cortes de Toro
PLAYED BY: White Eagle
THE MEDIC wrote:The reason the rebellion still stands. The "dad friend," responsible for keeping each of the rebels alive and healthy. As much as they make his job difficult, the medic takes his niche very seriously, and he is very good at what he does.
NAME: Korak Vantas
PLAYED BY: lacke
THE LOVER wrote:The rebel Romeo. The lover lost her heart to a Parisian, and is desperate to tear down the walls that keep them apart. She keeps their love a secret for fear that it might be misconstrued as disloyalty, when in fact it is the cause of her strong passion for the revolution's message.
NAME: Blanche-Niege Rousseau
PLAYED BY: Teekl

Last edited by meadow. on Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 21 times in total.
meadow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby meadow. » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:20 pm

RELATIONS wrote:relationships between characters will go here if/when there are any

STATUS wrote:
THE LEADER: alive
THE FIGUREHEAD: alive
THE SPY: alive
THE FUGITIVE: alive
THE EXPERT: alive
THE TRAITOR: alive
THE MEDIC: alive
THE LOVER: alive

QUICK LINKS wrote:discussion

Last edited by meadow. on Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meadow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby meadow. » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:22 pm

RESERVATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!
Last edited by meadow. on Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
meadow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

I. emmeline mauriac

Postby meadow. » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:33 pm

E M M E L I N E
tagged: open // where: en route to the rendezvous point // feeling: anxious // time: 4:30am
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

xxxxxxxxEmmeline's heart was beating out of her chest. She knew she was out before curfew. The sun wasn't even up yet, and while she was grateful for the cover of darkness and the lack of judgemental eyes on the back of her head, Emme couldn't help but wonder if this was all a trap to get her arrested. She ducked into an alleyway and opened the letter slowly, silently.

Emmeline Mauriac, it read.
    I have contacted you on behalf of our great nation. A danger lurks behind the walls of Paris, one of which you are surely well aware. Yet, on the other side of the walls, something far more powerful can be found.
    Rebellion comes in many forms. Leaders, fugitives, spies...
    I humbly request your presence at the following address, where you will be introduced to the brightest and most dedicated young rebels in the country.
    Each of you has recieved a letter, and an assignment.
    Your assignment is to serve as the rebellion's figurehead, the movement's symbol and representative.
    Learn from those around you, and they will learn from you.
    From the revolution.

xxxxxxxxReading over the handwriting again offered some reassurance, but still it was all a little too good to be true. All things considered, however, Emmeline knew from practice that she was more likely to get caught and probably killed by patroling officers if she turned back and headed home as opposed to continuing to her destination. On the offchance that it wasn't a trap, it might actually be worth it to see who else's heads were on the chopping block alongside her own.

xxxxxxxxAs she walked on, she became aware of a second pair of footsteps behind her, heavier than her own. Each time she stopped, they seemed to do the same. Emmeline's heart raced uncontrollably. If it were a guard, they would have made their presence known by now, but who else could possibly be following her?

xxxxxxxx"Who's there?" She whispered harshly, her hands shaking.
Last edited by meadow. on Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
meadow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❀ one

Postby bohdi » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:43 pm

LUCRECE SYLVAIN
━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
[ fugitive, feeling cautious. tagged - ]

It wasn't the first time he had slipped out during curfew hours. And it most certainly won't be the last. If anyone caught him, and threatened him, he has already been through the worst they could do. The man grimaced, peeking out from his crouched position behind several dumpsters. The Eiffel Tower loomed in the distance, it's lights twinkling almost menacingly. He faintly remembered his mother taking him there once as a small child, before the 'King' had come into power and sealed Paris off. How the people of this beautiful country let a beast such as he rule over it was inconceivable. The man running the country definitely did not deserve the title of King and if he could, Lucréce would most certainly spit in the monarch's face. Plenty of time later, and he could feel the lower classes' anger and despair. Something needed to change. And he wanted to be apart of whatever action was going to take place.

He crawled out of his hiding place, straining his senses to be alert to any approaching footfalls. He was sure any law enforcement in the area could simply follow the sound of his drumming heart, the sound echoing in his ears loudly. Sucking in a deep breath, Lucréce hesitated before crossing the street. The folded up paper in his back pocket rustled when he crossed and crouched once more, his ankle pressing against it. No one seemed to be on the streets here, no guards. That meant very little to him, his paranoia kept him on edge and had convinced him someone was bound to be around every corner. As he approached the meeting point, he grew increasingly wary. He pulled a swiss army knife out of his boot, drawing out the very small blade. He had suspicions about this rendezvous, he had scouted it out the day before. It was an abandoned cafe, in the heart of the poor part of the city's limits. At least people didn't have to travel far to get to it.

It came into view as Lucréce turned a corner, and he triple checked if he was being followed. The hair on the back of his neck stood on end, goosebumps spreading their way throughout his skin. It was dangerous, meeting up like this. Mostly when the letter he received made mention of a rebellion. Talk of such things were illegal. This could be the night his past caught up with him and the guards simply didn't want to torture him yet another time, tired of it. Talk was another thing, but meetings with the same topic were worse crimes. Yet he had came anyways, ready to see how this would play out. His conscious kicked him into action, slinking into the abandoned building, keeping to the shadows. He listened for a moment, concentrating to pick up any signs of others. None came to his sense and the young man continued into the cafe. The ceiling had collapsed partly, offering a very nice hiding spot where he could lie in wait. No guard better catch wind of this, he swore under his breath. If he ended up dying tonight, he would personally haunt the snitch himself.
bohdi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♛ Rocky | 01

Postby champ goldie » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:42 pm

┌─────────────┐
𝚁𝙾𝙲𝙺𝚈 𝚂𝙸𝙽𝙲𝙻𝙰𝙸𝚁
└─────────────┘
SPY | W/ EMMELINE
"risky endeavors"

the city might have been astoundingly messed up with its internal and external conflicts, but even with all the radical politics and disastrous outcomes, nothing could beat the way the entire landscape lay under moon light. it was a stunning image; one that made people inside the walls of paris want to take a snapshot with a smartphone, and those outside the walls to paint a picture. rocky admired the city among the shadows.
    it was incredibly illegal for him to be moving throughout its structures at that hour, but he didn't mind the risk. he actually welcomed it. the adrenaline rush was fading the more he continued breaking the rules, but even an ounce of its sensation was enough for rocky. you could say it...rocked.
    there was less of a chance he'd be caught since he didn't just walk through the streets like a total loser. he was more interested in walking the tightrope of serious injury by leaping across rooftops and scaling the sides of buildings. rocky was a sucker for parkour, and he would be lying if he didn't say how much of a badass he felt like when he jumped over the roof's edges and climbed the brick towers.

his movements were short, sweet and extremely well executed. he'd spent a lot of time up in the high levels of paris. he was practically a seasoned professional at that point. he knew the pathways among the clouds well, but tonight's excursion was a far more interesting one than he'd expected. the path he was taking was about to shape his future.

the letter he had received remained heavy in the pocket of his jacket. it seemed odd that someone was starting to spark up a revolt. rocky had a stronger feeling that the entire thing was a joke or a way for the royal party to try and snuff out any revolution by capturing those who wish to even start one. needless to say, half of him was taking the letter seriously, and the other half was not. still, the written message echoed in his mind as he jumped off the side of a fence and landed on the ground in a puddle, splashing murky sad water all over the alleyway. he clenched his jaw and threw his body against a brick wall. a flashlight peered inside the dark avenue. the owner of said light source continued surveying the rest of area and never noticed dear rockford.

when the coast was clear, the boy stepped away from his hiding spot and began walking further toward his intended destination. he didn't have the chance to check out the cafe earlier because he lacked a strong sense of priority, but he wasn't as worried as one should have been. the curious and wild ride was too enticing to let a little thing like possible arrest cloud the fun. with another quick avoidance of an officer, he slinked into the dark and made his way.

--

when he got closer to the location, a very charming and beautiful girl was walking in the direction he planned to take. rocky kept his distance and held onto the feeling that she could be going to the same place he was. it was a weird intuition thing. he often had weird impulses like these. usually, they were more steered toward the ideas of jumping off things or edging along the fabulous risk of death, but occasionally he'd get less awful ones like people's intentions or desires.

the girl he followed seemed to have noticed the sound of his footsteps, which was impressive. she must have been extra paranoid; not surprising considering the fact she was breaking a law, but did it help add to the idea she was definitely making a trip to a little abandoned cafe?
    she finally stopped in her tracks and spoke up.

"who's there?" she asked the shadows that concealed rocky. he smirked. she was either very brave or very dumb.

he casually strolled out of his hiding spot and slid his hands into his jacket pockets. he tilted his head and gave the girl a brief smile. "weird hour for a walk on the streets of our fine city..." he sounded maybe just a touch sarcastic. he knew she was up to something. hopefully it wasn't anything too fun because he had a meeting to attend.

"wait, you're not an undercover guard, are you? that'd be embarrassing for me." he laughed.
    she seemed to be nothing more than a rule breaker so he narrowed his eyes. "are you...looking for a cafe, by chance?" he vaguely asked, nodding his head in the direction of the abandoned building that was not far from where they both stood.

a noise from the distance caught rocky off guard and he turned to look at what caused the disruption. lights scanned walls a few blocks away and rocky did a little festive jump in surprise. he tore his hands from his pockets and began running toward to the cafe, prompting the female stranger to do the same or at least get the heck out of there.
    he was quickly approaching the run down building and didn't let anything get in his way of the destination. even with the cart to the side of the street, he flawlessly jumped over it, and finally made it to the safe hide out.
champ goldie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

i.

Postby itsprettymuch » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:58 pm

T A J A
♧﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏♧
expert | mood- curious | tags- rocky | @ coffee shop

After waiting an hour for everyone in the house to be deep in their sleep, since her adopted father and his friends wanted to be in the kitchen for no apparent reason, Taja snatched the covers off of her body and hopped out of bed. She opened her window with the slightest bit of struggle and looked outside to make sure none of the gaurds were around. Her window faced the street that most gaurds patrolled during the night. However they never came to this side of town except between 10pm & 12am, and between 2 & 4 o'clock in the morning. She checked the the time on her alarm clock - 4:32. Taja, of course, didn't understand why she had to meet this anonymous person so early in the morning. If they'd wait about three more hours she'd be well awakened and way more interested. But no, this person just had to chose an earlier time.

Taja grabbed a black leather jacket from her closet that stopped just below her waist — instead of how most jackets fit — and put on a pair of black socks. With black socks its hard to see them get dirty quick. Plus she only uses her white socks on occasionally. Quietly yet quickly she found her black combat boots and hurried to her window. "Ugh. Almost forgot." Sitting ontop of her dresser, was a smartphone. One that she managed to steal from a phone store way on the richer side of town. Its a long story to be told actually, but let's say when Taja sees something she wants, Taja will make sure she gets what she wants. And in certain situations, without being caught.

Snatching the phone off the dresser Taja shoved the handheld technology into her back pocket, along with her keys, and tossed her shoes out the window. It made a bit of noise, but not loud enough for anyone to wake up. Taja stuck one leg out of her dormer window, and swung her head under soon after. Eventually her whole body was out the window, and she was on the roof. She turned around and closed the windiw so her room didnt get cold. Taja sat on the roof with her knees pressed to her chest as she carefully scooted down towards the gutter. Once she made it there safely, she turned over and laid on her stomach, letting her legs and down as she tried to smoothly slide off. Soon enough Taja was hanging on the gutter by her fingertips. She counted to three and let go of the gutter, lading on her feet with quite a stubble, she looked around. Making sure nobody had heard her. Especially her family.

Seen as though no lights came on in any nearby house on the street, Taja released a sigh of relief, picked up her boots, and headed towards the location she was instructed to meet at. It was a bit chilly, yet she wasn't complaining about it. If you're wonder why Taja brought her boots but didn't bother to wear them. Well your in for some knowledge. When it comes to sneaking out or just being sneaky period, Taja doesn't wear her shoes. Shoes make way to much noise and will most definitely get you caught in the long run. All they have to do is scuff the ground one time, or accidentally splash in a puddle, and BAM! There goes the gaurds and there goes the rest of your fun. Taja found that out when she was just a little girl. But she only did it a few times when she was little. However it became more useful to sneak out without shoes ever since the court announced the new so-called King.

So, Taja walked down the street with no worries knowing that the gaurds were done patrolling her part of town at this time of day. They're probably somewhere in their cars sleep with a half eaten donut on their chest. Taja laughed at the stereotypical thought that haooened to be true most of the time. Her teal hair flew in the wind every step she took.

After leaving her neighbor hood, Taja began watching her back and her step. Her socks were pretty clean still yet she knew they were going to start aching any moment. She turned a few corners, crossed a few streets and soon she could see the location in the clear. "A coffee shop? Seriously?" Taja said to herself. She snapped back to reality realizing she needed to check her back for any police strolling by. Nope. Quickly turning her head forward she checked again. Nope. So since the coast was clear for now, Taja decided to quickly put on her boots. Dusting off each foot before sliding them into the black faux-leather combat boots. After shoving the laces inside the boots, not bothering wasting her time on tying them, Taja grabbed her phone out her back pocket and bolted across the street to the coffee shop, hoping that she didn't fall in the middle of the street and some random gaurd caught her.

Finally she made it to the coffee shop. It seemed abandoned. It was pretty dark inside, and before even thinking about stepping foot in this place, Taja cuffed her hands and looked in the window. "This can't be. Is this the wrong address or something?" she asked herself. Then out of nowhere footsteps were heard. Her heart began to race as she quickly ran inside the coffee shop. Soon after bolted out a boy. She didn't really have the time to ponder where he came from and where he was going. She only wanted to know if this was the guy that sent her this crazy letter. The letter she had read talked of some revolution. She didn't expect others. Just her and this anonymous person. This young man could just be some regular teen, just sneaking out. Then again, he must've sent her the letter. Or could he have gotten a letter to? Too many questions raced through Taja's mind at the moment. With a straight face she looked the guy in his eyes shocked and lost in words.
itsprettymuch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

II. emmeline mauriac

Postby meadow. » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:58 pm

E M M E L I N E
tagged: rocky, lucrece, taja // where: just outside & the cafe // feeling: breathless // time: 4:45am
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

xxxxxxxxEmmeline straightened her spine and tried to look menacing as a young man stepped out of the shadows. A quick once-over showed no obvious weapons, meaning he probably wasn't going to kill her. Probably. Still, Emme kept her guard up, her eyes locked on his.

xxxxxxxxHe pointed out that she was breaking curfew with a touch of sarcasm, and her blood ran cold. Maybe he wasn't going to kill her, but he could turn her in for a hefty reward. Did he know who she was? Could he recognize her in the darkness? His words seemed to swim past her ears as he continued speaking after not receiving an answer. Her heart was beating in her ears so loudly, it may as well have been a full marching band. She caught the word "cafe" float from the stranger's lips, and while she quickly snapped to attention, she still didn't answer.

xxxxxxxxShe noticed the presence of the guards just as the boy did. She froze for a second in fear, then followed after him. She fell behind in a matter of seconds, and soon she'd lost all sigh of the silhouette that had been at her side only seconds ago in the moonless night. She couldn't help but admit to herself that she was seriously out of shape. Years of being afraid to leave shelter could do that to a person, it had certainly taken its toll on Emmeline. Her lack of coordination also presented itself as an issue. Luckily she was out of sight of the guards when she tripped on an uneven patch of cement, landing flat on her face and scraping her hands and knees in the process. She stayed down for a few seconds, putting some distance between herself and the nightly patrol. Once she'd dusted herself off, she headed for her destination again, a little embarrassed even though (hopefully) no one had seen her.

xxxxxxxxAs she approached one entrance to the dilapidated building, she saw another figure, someone she'd never seen before. He was sticking to the shadows, and obviously knew what he was doing.

xxxxxxxx"Hey," she whispered, almost inaudibly. She then held up her letter silently. Either they were here for the same reasons, or they could make a mutual agreement-- I won't snitch on you if you won't snitch on me. She nodded towards the main room, where she could hear whispers already. She turned the corner to find the boy from before talking to a girl she'd never seen before, but instantly admired for her striking hair color. She shook her head at the boy from before and jokingly muttered, "You again? Chivalry is dead."

xxxxxxxxAll joking aside, she held up her letter for the two to see. "Who else?" She whispered, looking to those who had gathered so far, hoping for some sort of answer.
meadow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me