yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me {semi-lit, wip

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me {semi-lit, wip

Postby neamrel » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:49 am

We're rascals,
    scoundrels,
    villains,
    and knaves

We're devils
    and black sheep,
    really bad eggs

Yo ho, yo ho,
    a pirate's life
    for me
Last edited by neamrel on Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
neamrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

let's get started

Postby neamrel » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:56 am

The seven
seas don't
sail
themselves!

The world hasn't been called flat in a long time; land is being discovered constantly and claimed just as quickly. Ships are seen everywhere and come in all shapes and sizes - constantly upgraded and improved. Ports are being made in the most traveled to places and are quickly becoming popular areas. The ocean is merciless and claims ships easily, leaving their remains everywhere.
    Pirates are a common sight and take as they please. Captains stop and raid ships easily and either add the ship to their own fleet or leave it to sink, killing off what remains of it's crew. Taking another's ship has never been taken lightly though, and fights grow due to it.
    Having enemies is never a good thing, but the Captains of the Iron Maiden and The Emerald could care less. You never mess with another's ship after all.

This roleplay takes place in the Americas,
    Britain still holds power over the 13 Colonies, and land in the lower regions are quickly being populated by people of all kinds. Ships of all types are seen and come to trade and buy what they need. Rum is a treasure and the main cargo, always sold for the highest price. Florida, and The Bahamas are important trading ports and the main area for our two fleets. Fisherman's Wharf's are also areas where the two like to stay for short or long periods of times. Going to the taverns for drinks and buying what they need. These areas are also filled with military ships and redcoats, so it's best not to cause trouble.
    Then again, being a pirate means doing whatever you want..
neamrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

best we get these out of the way / extra things

Postby neamrel » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:44 am

You're part
of the
crew now,

savvy?

THE RULES
        this is a semi-lit roleplay. meaning proper grammer, spelling and punctuation (i understand mistakes every now and then) i would also like at least a paragraph and a half for each reply. i understand writers block and such, just try to get a paragraph at least (5-7 sentences minimum)

i'm hoping you all know the basic rules of the forums, those apply here of course

romance is not the main priority here, it can happen though. I just don't want every single character falling in love. this is an adventure roleplay after all!

fighting is encouraged - in the roleplay only. just don't go running off with a sword and stab everyone in sight! OK? make sure you ask if you can kill off someones character as well.

characters are up to you! max is 3. you can make them how you want. any gender and what not. the only ones that have a specific gender are the Captains (you'll get to that in a minute). just don't give all of them a hook for a hand, a peg-leg, or anything else like that. give them some age too. can't have little kids drinking rum.

please try to remain active, if you loose interest in the roleplay, just tell me and i'll open the spot back up. no biggie!

i'm leaving the forms to you guys. "ugh why?!" because i want to see what you people can do! come on, at least a picture and basic information. you don't have to make it pretty, just show me that you're able to roleplay semi-lit.

EXTRA
Last edited by neamrel on Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
neamrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

what beauties these are

Postby neamrel » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:24 am

"she's the strongest there is!"

THE IRON MAIDEN
        This ship is known as a Brig. A common and favored ship for pirates. She's fast, stable and large. Great for going a few rounds with other ships. She has 24 cannons, twelve on either side of her in two rows. She's also fit with two swivel guns on either side of her wheel, good for shooting at exposed black powder on other ships. She carries round-shots and chain-shots that take down the mast of the ships. Allowing them to stop the ship from moving and giving the crew time to board. She also has a naval ram fit on the front of her that can add quite some damage to a regular hull. Though fast and stable, she has a weakened hull that can be damaged easily if it takes to many shots to it. A Doctor is not aboard her, along with Cooks. They must make regular stops for food.

HER CREW
        The Captain: Fredrick Jones, male, 29, Endless-Fall
        (in charge of the ship at all times. he can be abandoned/voted out by crew if not seen fit for position.)

Quartermaster: open
        (almost equal to the captain. maintains order on the ship, settles fights, distributes food/other essentials.)

Navigator: reserved, WishMo_On
        (is the most valued person aboard the ship other than the captain. their job is a hard one due to inaccuracy of maps.)

Boatswain: Pepper Ellis, female, 22, Endless-Fall
        (responsible for inspecting the ship and her sails and rigging each morning. also in charge of dropping anchor.)

Carpenter: open
        (responsible for maintenance of hull, mast and yards. works under the direction of the Boatswain. highly skilled and able to have an apprentice if they please.)

Master Gunner: open
        (responsible for ships guns and ammunition i.e. sifting of powder to keep it dry, making sure cannons balls are free of rust. a knowledgeable gunner is needed to keep the crew safe.)

Crew: Jack Sparrow, male, ??, Sadies
        2 spots available

(the backbones of the ship. they must know the rigging of the sails, some navigation, how to read the skies/weather and more importantly, the moods of their commanders.)

"nothing can impale her!"

THE EMERALD
        This ship is a Frigate. Large and sturdy but slightly slow. She's able to take on any storm quite easily. She has 24 cannons as well, lined up six on top of six. She has two more cannons at the bow of her, capable of getting a ship when she is behind them or going straight towards them. She has round-shots and hot iron shots that can burn a ship down. Though these shots are hardly used due to how dangerous they can be to the gunning crew. She has a thickened hull that is hard to damage, but can be if a naval ram hits it enough times. She can not hit another ship head on though, she isn't built for that. A Doctor is on board at all times, but a Carpenter and Cooks are not. Meaning that the Boatswain must do what they can at sea until the can get to port for repairs. The must make regular stops for food as well.

HER CREW
        The Captain: reserved, ChibiWolfie
        (in charge of the ship at all times. she has a loyal crew that will not abandon her or vote her off.)

Quartermaster: open
        (almost equal to the captain. maintains order on the ship, settles fights, distributes food/other essentials.)

Navigator: Jacob Mills, male, 23, Endless-Fall
        (is the most valued person aboard the ship other than the captain. their job is a hard one due to inaccuracy of maps.)

Boatswain: open
        (responsible for inspecting the ship and her sails and rigging each morning. also in charge of dropping anchor. must do what they can to repair the ship while at sea.)

Doctor: open
        (has a vast amount of knowledge about medicine. will do whatever they can to keep everyone alive. even if it means risking a crew member dying while amputating a limb.)

Master Gunner: open
        (responsible for ships guns and ammunition i.e. sifting of powder to keep it dry, making sure cannons balls are free of rust. a knowledgeable gunner is needed to keep the crew safe.)

Crew: 3 spots available
        (the backbones of the ship. they must know the rigging of the sails, some navigation, how to read the skies/weather and more importantly, the moods of their commanders.)
neamrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me