darwin high - school for the gifted - na!

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: darwin high - school for the gifted - na!

Postby ghostie, » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:34 am

T E S S AX M A R L E N EX L A N C A S T E R
    female // sixteen // hetero // l; school // t; open
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────────
    Tess pulled up to the school in her uber. She thanked the driver, got out, and stepped up onto the curb. With a suitcase in one hand, her phone in the other and a backpack on her shoulder, she must look quite odd to all the passersby. She walked down the street a short ways, then up the path to her new school. She stopped and stared at it. It was smaller than she had thought, and very modern.

She unlocked her phone, and pulled up her dorm info. She walked up and checked the campus map, locating the dorm building. She headed over to it and pushed open the door. Heading upstairs, she checked out the common room as she walked by. 'Sweet, foosball!' she thought to herself. She reacher her dorm and unlocked the door with the key she was given, stepping insie. It was super nice, and actually quite roomy.

She noticed that her roommate hadn't moved in yet, so Tess claimed the side by the window. She hoped her roomie wouldn't mind. Placing her phone on the dresser, she swung the backpack off her shoulders and onto the bed, and pulled the suitcase over to the dresser. She took a look out the window, and started to unpack.

O L I V E RX R Y A NX D A V I D S O N
    male // sixteen // hetero // l; school // t; open
    ────────────────────────────────────
    Oliver stepped out of the cab, and up onto the curb. He had a suitcase in one hand, his phone in the other, and a backpack on his shoulders. He walked down the street and up to the campus. He loved how modern it was. He checked the dorm details on his phone, and headed over to the building.

He took note of the common room, and was very excited to chill there later. Heading upstairs, Oliver counted the numbers on the doors until he reached his. He unlocked the door and admired the clean, modern space. Choosing the bed with the window, he dropped his backpack and phone on it, and rolled his suitcase over to the dresser. He started unpacking.
    x
    ghostie [❤] em
    they/she | art shop
    ━━━━━━━━━━
    "i do love nothing
    in the world so well
    as you- is not
    that strange?"
ghostie,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Teardrops » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:19 pm

Tatianna Lee Smith

location;; dorms -- tags;; open

Tatianna's cab pulled up to the school. She peered out the backseat window. The school was more beautiful than she thought it would be. Her only wonder now, was how she was going to transport Pancake up to the room. She asked the cab driver if he minded waiting, so she could come back to retrieve her suitcase. He said he didn't mind. She cradled the gecko's tank in her arms and carefully made her way up the school's front steps. It didn't take her long to find the dorms at all. She placed the tank down on the floor and unlocked the wooden door. She peered in. As far as she knew, it was empty. Once she stepped in, she saw that there was a computer table. Since she only had a laptop, she figured that would be a good spot to settle Pancake. She carefully placed the tank down with a satisfied expression. Now time to move in her other things. She locked the door behind her and ran out to the cab.She thanked him a million times and gave a generous tip. She hauled her suitcase and backpack into her dorm room. At this point in time, she had no energy to unpack. Instead she laid on the bed and listened to her music. She watched the door to see who
may walk in.
Teardrops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shira Uchiha » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:35 pm

Lyra Sonberg
Age: 16 | Gender: female | Crush: ____ | Form on pg 2 | Tagged: Open

Just the slightest bit grumpy from having to ditch her morning run, Lyra was determined to get the unpacking done and away with. Her black, silver lined headphones were slung around her neck, pop music blaring from the speakers, just loud enough for her to hear. Soro on the other hand, decided he preferred the natural sounds of music and flew off to admire the trees encircled around the campus.

Lugging behind her suitcase, the brunette did a little elegant twirl at the doorstop of the dorm, admiring the space and how new it all looked.
"huh, they sure keep everything updated" A soft smile replacing her morning frown, Lyra made her way up the small flight of stairs, and towards the girls dorm. Since the school hadn't released who was rooming with who, Lyra decided it couldn't hurt to wait a bit, just to see.

Her morning plan completely dismissed, the student dumped her simple grey suitcase beside one of the sofas before flopping on. She grabbed her sketchbook and pens and began an ink sketch on one of the winged species she had been working on. Something resembling a saber toothed tiger with dragonic wings while humming "A Thousand Years".

Caleb Shane Sonberg
Age: 17 | Gender: male | Crush: ____ | Form on pg 2 | Tagged: Open

Quickly and efficiently sweeping his hair neatly to one side, Caleb strolled over to what he knew was the dorm room. He had to admit, he was impressed that Lyra was able to arrive early and resist the urge to go for a morning run, but then again, she probably ended up going for a run before unpacking.

With a lop sided grin, Caleb swept open the doors, barely gave the common room a glance, and made a beeline for his dorm. It wasn't that he was unimpressed, it was just that, this wasn't his first year in Darwin High, so in turn, he wasn't in awe like all those freshman.

Taking a swift left turn, the boy arrived at his room, smoothly unpacked all his belongings in an orderly fashion, and examined his new living quarters.
"Alright Caleb! That's a new record! 6 minutes and 22 seconds." Giving his room one final glance, he tucked his hands into his pockets and shuffled out into the common room.

There, he gave his sister a quick wave before going after the foosball.
Shira Uchiha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostie, » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:17 am

T E S S AX M A R L E N EX L A N C A S T E R
    female // sixteen // hetero // l; school // t; open
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────────
    With her bags completely unpacked and put away, Tess began putting up some of her decorations from home. Some polaroids, a few knick knacks and her childhood stuffed animal. Gently placing the stuffie on her freshly made bed, she patted the top of it's head, then turned to all the dog stuff on her floor. She set up the food and water dish by the foot of her bed, and placed the bag of dry food on the floor beside it. Under it all, she placed a small mat to catch all the mess her dog would make. She didn't bother bringing a dog bed, because she knew that her german shepherd husky mix would just end up sleeping on her bed anyways. She placed Cassie's leash on the shelf, along with a few of her toys. She turned and gave the dog a scratch behind it's ears.

Inside her suitcase she had packed a purse and a smaller backpack. She dropped them on her bed, along with all the things out of her regular sized backpack. Deciding on using the over-the-shoulder purse for today, she filled it with all the things she needed; phone charger, headphones, wallet and keys. She removed her headphones from the bag, and plugged them into her phone, ready for when she headed out the door.

Tess opened the drawers of her dresser, searching for something to change into. She decided on a pair of high-waisted jean shorts, a black crop top, and a army green bomber jacket. She decided on wearing her black high-top converse, and walked to the mirror to check out her makeup and hair. With her hair straightened and her makeup on point, she leashed up her dog, grabbed her purse, put her headphones on and started playing music, shoving her phone into her pocket. She headed out the door, ready to go explore the city.

O L I V E RX R Y A NX D A V I D S O N
    male // sixteen // hetero // l; school // t; open
    ────────────────────────────────────
    Oliver finished unpacking, and set out all the stuff for his dog, a nova scotia duck toller named Jasper. He placed the dog's food and water bowls on top of a mat, and set out the dry food bag as well as some treats on a shelf next to it. He placed th dog's leash and some toys on that same shelf as well.

Admiring his unpacking job, the sixteen year old decided on what to wear. He chose a pair of khaki coloured cargo shorts and a royal blue t-shirt. He put on his black low-top converse, and ran a hand through his hair. He grabbed his drawstring backpack, and filled it with his phone charger, his headphones, a granola bar, his wallet and his keys.

Clipping the leash on the dog, he headed out the door.
    x
    ghostie [❤] em
    they/she | art shop
    ━━━━━━━━━━
    "i do love nothing
    in the world so well
    as you- is not
    that strange?"
ghostie,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby adheline » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:17 am

J A D E
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

tagged⇨ Tatianna locale⇨ school basics⇨ female, seventeen

The ride to campus was long and boring, spent by listening to music, making idle chit-chat with the driver, and watching the scenery roll by. Suburban Legends was put on pause as the cab pulled over, though, and Jade gazed up at her new home, at least for the remainder of school now that she'd left Puerto Rico. She pulled her suitcase out of the trunk, hefting her backpack over her shoulder and toting her cat cage as well, tipping the driver a ten before stepping up to the school. The building in front of her left her mildly speechless, quite grand even for it's smaller scale. And pretty, too. She checked the details sent to her phone to make sure she was navigating properly through the halls, admiring the interior as she went along. Along the way, she wondered not for the first time what kind of people she would meet here. She hoped she looked the part of a dedicated student enough to be here, not really sure how this school compared to hers back home, and she dressed in a pair of black shorts and a grey sweater, hair up in a loose bun. Comfy, casual, intellectual. Finally she reached her destination, and she pulled open the door to the dorms common room. It was exactly the kind of set-up she'd imagined organizing her future apartment to be. A pleased smile graced her face at the sight of the room, enjoying the comfort it exuded. She could tell that she would be spending plenty of time down here. For now, though, she figured she ought to get settled. It was a quick trek to her designated dorm, and she unlocked the door to see her roommate lounging on her bed. Jade smiled and gave a small, friendly wave as well as she could with all her luggage. Closing the door behind her, she set Addy's traveller on her bed as well as her suitcase and backpack. Then she turned to her roommate, holding a hand out to shake in introduction. "Hi there, I'm Jade."

M A S O N
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

tagged⇨ none locale⇨ school basics⇨ male, sixteen

Ah, a sophomore at last. While not particularly excited to be starting school again, he supposed it was better than being toted between parents all summer long. And, he really did like learning. Like English, he was excited for that. With Tamerlane by his side, Mason ambled up the school steps and through the halls. With his backpack slung across one sweatshirt-clothed shoulder and suitcase rolling behind him, Mason tossed a baseball up and down in his right hand, sometimes using it to tease his dog, waving it in front of his muzzle and snatching it away when he went to bite at it. He was happy that he was able to bring Tam along with him, loving to spend his free time with the fluffy animal. He didn't mind playing some sports with the teen either, which was always a plus. Especially when he was at his mom's, who refused to do so much as throw a frisbee. Wanting to shed his load, Mason skipped right through the common room and barged into his dorm. Good, he thought, glancing around. Plenty of storage. He let Tam have the baseball, which he chewed happily under the desk, while he threw his suitcase up on the bed to unpack. He supposed that, for now, he had the room all to himself, which was pretty cool. Whenever any roommate did show up, he'd be all settled and ready to welcome him like the educated dorm-pro he would be. Yes, sir, and here is your desk drawer. When he finished unpacking, Mason clipped Tam's leash back on his collar and urged him back out the door, wanting to take him on a nice long walk before having to settle for the day. It was a long car ride, and they really needed to stretch.

Last bumped by ghostie, on Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:17 am.
adheline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me