Falcon Ridge Eventing ❖ Equestrian RP

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Falcon Ridge Eventing ❖ Equestrian RP

Postby OutFoxed » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:44 pm

𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐍 𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐆𝐄 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆

Welcome to Falcon Ridge Eventing, a premier competition stable.

We're going into another exciting season of showing and expect great things from our riding team!

At FRE, the main focus is Eventing riding - the challenge and thrill of tackling three phases consecutively. All levels of ability are welcome - from Beginner Novice to Advanced as well as National and International levels. As a first class facility, many amenities are offered for you and your horse: spacious stalls and turnouts, indoor and outdoor specialized rings, a full cross country course, hacking and gallop tracks, as well as personal dorms, community rooms, and locker rooms. With onsite coaches and clinics offered regularly - this is the place to ride!
    We value horsemanship and sportsmanship - this is a team atmosphere, we support and respect each other and prioritize the care and treatment of our horses. It's not about the ribbon color you earn but doing your absolute best!

Falcon Ridge Eventing - Equestrian RP is a Realistic Semi-Lit/Lit Roleplay geared toward writers with Equestrian Knowledge and Experience!

  The main focus of the roleplay is about taking care of, riding & training, and competing horses at English events.
        (
    Eventing, Show Jumping, Foxhunting | Lessons, Clinics & Shows)

  ➤ Characters will experience daily activities of being on a horse farm while also working toward competing in the Eventing disciplines.
      Roles will focus on Students/Competitors with some availability for Instructors/Trainers/Clinicians & Veterinarian/Farrier/Bodyworker
      (
    based heavily on knowledge, experience, and writing ability)

  ➤ Human Characters should be at least 16 years old and up, all genders accepted, with at least an intermediate riding ability

  (safely and comfortable canter alone or in a group, jump a course of eight jumps of two foot obstacles, and properly groom and tack their mount)

  ➤ Equine Characters should be well suited for the Eventing disciplines, of an age appropriate to their level of riding, and either a Mare or Gelding
      (
    no Stallions currently accepted due to the nature of the learning environment of FRE)

Last edited by OutFoxed on Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OutFoxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FRE ❖ The Rules

Postby OutFoxed » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:46 pm

Falcon Ridge Eventing
╔══════════════════════════════════╗

RP Rules
  • CS Rules
  • Remove Signatures from Main Thread
  • 3rd person POV
  • Age Range: 18-30 (flexible)
  • Writing Length should be a few paragraphs with proper grammar,
      spelling, punctuation, etc.
  • Keep interactions realistic, from Human perspective
      (animals can't 'talk')
  • Limit one-on-one interactions - be inclusive to everyone in the rp
  • Utilize character flaws and watch success/failure rates
      A random success rate will be utilized if members can't self-regulate
  • Use the Discussion Thread
      Post Characters, Relations & RP Chat

╚══════════════════════════════════╝

FRE Barn Rules
  • Respect Animals, Humans, and Property
  • Helmets must be worn when riding & working horses
  • No riding before 5 am or after 9 pm
      Unless an Instructor or Trainer Scheduled a session
  • Replace what you borrowed
  • Leave areas neater than you found them
  • Keep your areas clean - Stall Fronts, Tack/Feed Room, Lounge
  • No Smoking on FRE property
  • No Alcohol Unless at a FRE Party
    No Underage Drinking
  • No one under 16 on the ATV
  • No one under 21 on the Tractor
  • Dogs must be kept on leash
      - only allowed on premises with permission

FRE Dormitory Rules
  • Respect Humans and Property
  • Leave areas neater than you found them
  • Keep your Dorm area clean
  • Keep Common Areas (Kitchen, Den, Bathrooms, etc.) Clean
  • No unsanctioned events in the Dorm Area

Last edited by OutFoxed on Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OutFoxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FRE ❖ Layout & Map

Postby OutFoxed » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:51 pm

Falcon Ridge Eventing

Falcon Ridge Eventing is located in the lush Virginia countryside on many acres of prime horse land.
    The thirty six stall barn has options to suit every horse's needs from yoked stall fronts to attached paddocks. The stable has been designed for top quality care and efficiency.

Barn Amenities include: 14'x14' stalls, automatic waters, ground level feeding tubs, sliding stall fronts with grilled yoke fronts and windowed dutch doors on the rear. Twenty two stalls include individual attached runs.

On the center aisle, there are twenty spacious crosstie areas for grooming and bathing with plenty of storage for tack and supplies as well as cold and hot water. There are also two designated supply storage areas for mucking tools - one with a simple toilet room. On either side of the front entrance there are two large covered spaces for service providers like farriers, bodyworkers, veterinarians, etc.

The large Student Tackroom has plenty of lockers, saddle racks, bridle hooks, and storage for any horse or rider gear. A central island is equipped with two small sinks, saddle stands, and hanging hooks for easy tack cleaning as well as several bar stools. A small table and club chairs are also provided. With three doorways, the tackroom is easily accessible in the barn, one typical style door, one double sized sliding door, and a man door out the back which leads to the student locker room.

On the opposite side of the aisle from the Student Tackroom is the Feed Room with a sink, refrigerator, and dual burner stovetop station. Easy access pest-resistant grain bins and cupboard storage make dietary care a breeze along with an island counter and space for a wheelbarrow within the room. The feed room includes two washer and dryer units for all stable washing.

A smaller Staff Tackroom is connected to the Feed Room and aisleway with space for trainers and staff members to house personal equipment. Students should not be in the Staff Tackroom unless with permission. An exit door leads to the staff housing area and equipment storage.

The Locker Room has both a female and male designated sides, although in the event that there are no male students, both areas will be freely utilized. There are three toilet stalls with one accessibility stall, accessible sinks with mirrors, and three shower/changing stalls. There is a bench and locker system for storage. A supply closet and hot water closet are included.

A Lounge area at the end of the barn has large windows to view into the Indoor Arena. Occupied with a couple couches and chairs along with display cases and bookshelves - it is the perfect area for riders, parents, or observers to hangout and watch lessons. Coaches and trainers are welcome to use it for a gathering space or lecture space.

Across the aisle from the Lounge is the Barn Office. The Barn Manager, Barn Owner, and/or Trainer(s) may use the office space which includes a desk and receiving chairs, a couch and club chairs, coffee table, saddle racks and tack hooks, display case and bookcase, along with two windows overlooking the indoor arena.

The Staff Area is a designated space for staff members especially those who choose to live on premises. There are six dorm style rooms, a single full bathroom, and large community room. The community room includes a full kitchen, dinning area, and den space with couches, chairs, and television. A separate laundry room has two washing machines and dryers along with some storage and counter space.

The Equipment Shed houses the farm vehicles which include: a tractor with a drag and other attachments, a four-wheeler with trailer, and a UTV with dump-bed. There is room for the farm's trailers - one a large gooseneck and one a lorry-style with semi-truck. A workshop space has been set up for all tools necessary for any repairs or maintenance. There is also plenty of storage space for any and all things. A separate air-controlled storage building is set up by the Staff room's and indoor arena.

The Hay and Shaving Shed is set apart from the stable for safety and ease of access.

FRE has tons of turn out opportunities. Eight individual paddock turnouts are half an acre, lining the main drive, with a shelter and water trough. There are six short grass pastures great for individual or small groups on medium quality grass. There are three 1.5 acre lush grass pastures for small group turn outs. For the horses who are turned out overnight or live out in the field 24/7 there are Northern and Southern Residential turnouts. They are two to three acres suited to herd groups.

The FRE Student Dorms is a unit of 32 individual bedrooms that are assigned to the students of FRE. Each dorm room comes with a full bed, a dresser, nightstand, a window, and lockable door. In the open-air corridors are patio style couches and side-tables. The Locker-room style bathrooms are set up for female and male designated sides. Each include stall style toilets with an accessible stall, accessible sinks with mirrors, individual changing/shower areas with locker and storage spaces. A bench and table round out the area. A supply closet separates the two bathrooms. The community room includes a full kitchen with a large island with seating, breakfast nook, and small table. A formal dining room occupies the middle of the area with display and bookcases. A den area completes the space with couches, chairs, tables, a television and game station. A few plants occupy the space.

FRE offers a top-of-the-line Therapeutic Barn for horses. Complete with six full box stalls and an observation stall, the small barn is the perfect set up for tending to horses and working with veterinarian services. An aqua-treadmill (can be run with water or dry) is great for conditioning horses, a dual cross-tie area is perfect for grooming or bathing with overhead infrared Solarium heaters. Across the aisleway, a room with three stocks have been set up for easy handling if needed, which also includes a Theraplate and Equivibe. Storage and hot and cold water hook ups are readily available if needed. The small barn includes a staff area for monitoring reasons - two full beds, a living space with couch and television with monitoring system, along with a refrigerator, stovetop and sink space. There are also two bathrooms with showers. The grain room doubles as a lab space if needed and storage space. The hay and shaving shed is accessible outside the barn and includes a tool storage area with wheelbarrow. The Therapeutic Barn includes a 150' swimming lane with non-slip entrance/exit ramps and human pathways. An attached shower area is set up to rinse the horse before and after use.

The Arenas & Training Areas:
    The Indoor Arena is attached to the Barn through a large central door, also has two exits on the short sides, and plenty of windows on the walls and the roof. The indoor ring is 150'x300'.

Besides the Indoor Arena, FRE has a 300'x300' outdoor arena (split down the middle with low railing that is easily moved) with jump and obstacle storage. Two formal full size dressage arenas with dressage railing and letter markers, which also includes a six foot outer ring. One informal small dressage ring with railing and letter markers. One covered open-air arena with dressage railing and letter markers. The arenas are accompanied by pavilions for Judges and Announcers along with bleachers.

By the outdoor arenas is a Six Stall pipe-corral with six hitching posts, wash rack, and storage area with mucking tools, along with a double bathroom - this area is a holding or staging area and not meant for permanent stabling.

A fenced in grass paddock by the main barn doubles as a grass arena and is kept as such. Multiple grass dressage arenas can be set up in the area or a jump course with warm up area.

FRE has a covered six horse Eurosizer with covered observation station. A covered 60' and 90' round pen with four observation stations.

The Cross Country Field
    The main attraction of FRE is the Cross Country Course. With multiple start boxes, two water complexes, an announcer's booth, and seemingly infinite jump opportunities - the FRE cross country field is an eventer's paradise. Obstacles are set up for all eventing levels; for shows, courses are marked with the corresponding number plaques. Fence types include but not limited to: Bank Complexes, Brush Fences, Chevrons, Coffins, Corners, Ditches, Hedge Fences, Keyhole Fences, Natural Log Fences, Roll Top Fences, Skinny Jumps, Skinny Tables, Sunken Roads, Tables, Tiger Traps/Triple Bar, Trakehners, and Walden's Walls.

Around the entire FRE property is a Hacking Track that is great for walking and conditioning horses. Around the Cross Country Field is a Field Track that includes steeplechase brush and hedge fences with enlarged areas at both ends. Along the Hacking and Field tracks there are jumpable sections in the fence to easily access the cross country field, as well as gates for foot and mounted access. The field track has jumpable gates that access the hay fields.

FRE is surrounded by forest with miles of Trails. A stream is located near the south of the property that leads to a pond that is a great swimming hole for both humans and horses in the warmer months.

Falcon Ridge Eventing has ten Hay Fields surrounding the facility. When not growing hay, riders are welcome to utilize the fallow fields.

FRE has an extensive Breeding Barn area. A six stall Stallion Barn is an exclusive area for only stallions and stallion handlers. Each 14x14 stall includes an automatic waterer, and attached paddock. With individual paddocks for turnout that includes a shade. The barn area has a tackroom, feed room with internal hay and shaving storage, an office and lab room, full bathroom, tool storage area, manure storage, cross-tie space for grooming and bathing, and enclosed stallion collection space with phantom. There is a perimeter track that can be used for mild exercise. The entire Stallion Barn complex has a two fence system with two gates and a third to get into the barn area. Several lush grass areas allow for hand-grazing. The Stallion Barn is set up for long-term residents.

The Mare & Foal complex is a state-of-the-art foaling and breeding barn; similarly set up as the Stallion Barn, it has six large box stalls (16x18) with attached paddocks. Six individual paddocks are available for turn out along with larger pasture turnouts. The barn includes a feed room with hay and shaving storage, office and laboratory space, full bathroom, cross-tie area for grooming and bathing, tool storage with wheelbarrow and manure storage, along with a set of stocks. The barn also includes three full size beds for the foaling staff. The Mare and Foal barn is set up for temporary residents - for mares to be bred, during foaling, and while they have young foals. Pregnant mares who are not close to foaling often spend their time in one of the large residential turn-outs, and those with aged foals or horses about four years and younger reside in the large residential pastures with horses of similar ages.

FRE allows haul-in horses (those who do not reside at FRE but brought in for day use of the facilities) to use the arenas, therapeutic services, and training facilities - although they may only use the outdoor stabling area. Haul-in stallions are allowed to come in for collection purposes. If there is room, outside mares may be boarded at the Mare & Foal barn for foaling out and breeding purposes but must stay a minimum of one month. Biosecurity and safety of the horses and humans on FRE is a top priority; visiting horses must come with a clean bill of health - a veterinarian health certificate, updated vaccinations and negative Coggins to come onto property. The current property is not set up for Quarantine purposes and horses who need to be isolated will be assessed as a case-by-case scenario and may be refused access.

Falcon Ridge Eventing hosts multiple Competitions throughout the year, from informal schooling shows, horse trials, and sanctioned shows for Dressage and Show Jumping. FRE is also a fixture for the local hunt club and hosts shows, hunter paces, and other club events.

For More Layout Images - Click Here: |X|

Last edited by OutFoxed on Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
OutFoxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FRE ❖ Characters

Postby OutFoxed » Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:00 pm

FALCON RIDGE EVENTING

Character Roles:

✦ Staff
    ⪢ Barn Owner
    ⪢ Barn Manager
    ⪢ Head Instructor
    ⪢ Head Trainer
✦ Riding Team                    
    ⪢ Competition Team
    ⪢ Students
    ⪢ Owned Horses
    ⪢ Leased Horses

✦ Service Providers
      - as needed -
    ⪢ Veterinarian
    ⪢ Farrier
    ⪢ Bodyworker
      - PEMF, Chiropractor,
        Massage Therapist, ETC.
✦ Accessory Characters
       - as needed -
    ⪢ Young Riders/Pony Club
    ⪢ Extra Students
    ⪢ Guest Instructors/Clinicians

Accepted Characters:

       ❖    FRE Stalls    ❖
    റ 1 Name | Age | Sex | Owner/Rider | User
    റ 2
    റ 3
    റ 4
    റ 5
    റ 6
    റ 7
    റ 8
    റ 9
    റ 10
      
    റ 11 Name | Age | Sex | Owner/Rider | User
    റ 12
    റ 13
    റ 14
    റ 15
    റ 16
    റ 17
    റ 18
    റ 19
    റ 20

      
    റ 21 Name | Age | Sex | Owner/Rider | User
    റ 22
    റ 23
    റ 24
    റ 25
    റ 26
    റ 27
    റ 28
    റ 29
    റ 30
      
    റ 31 Name | Age | Sex | Owner/Rider | User
    റ 32
    റ 33
    റ 34
    റ 35
    റ 36
    റ Pasture
    റ Pasture
    റ Pasture
    റ Pasture

       ❖    FRE Dorms    ❖
    △ 1 Name | Age | Gender | Pronouns | User
    △ 2
    △ 3
    △ 4
    △ 5
    △ 6
    △ 7
    △ 8
    △ 9
    △ 10
      
    △ 11 Name | Age | Gender | Pronouns | User
    △ 12
    △ 13
    △ 14
    △ 15
    △ 16
    △ 17
    △ 18
    △ 19
    △ 20

      
    △ 21 Name | Age | Gender | Pronouns | User
    △ 22
    △ 23
    △ 24
    △ 25
    △ 26
    △ 27
    △ 28
    △ 29
    △ 30
      
    △ 31 Name | Age | Gender | Pronouns | User
    △ 32
    △ Offsite
    △ Offsite
    △ Offsite
    △ Offsite

FRE Competition Team
    Beginner Novice
        - Last, First | Age | Gender
    Novice
    Training
    Modified
    Preliminary
    Intermediate
    Advanced
FRE Staff Members
    △ Name | Age | Gender | Role | User

Last edited by OutFoxed on Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OutFoxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FRE ❖ About Eventing

Postby OutFoxed » Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:03 pm

FALCON RIDGE EVENTING

Understanding the Phases and Levels of Eventing

Eventing is the combination of three disciplines: Dressage, Cross Country and Show Jumping.
    A rider and horse pair must tackle all three phases together in the order of the competition. A rider may have multiple horses entered in the competition, but horses may not have more than one rider at the competition. If either the horse or rider is unable to complete the competition, the remaining partner forfeits the competition.

Often called a Horse Trial or Three Day Eventing - this sport challenges horse and rider to be the best 'jack of all trades' type, able to conquer three styles of riding. It is often called the Triathlon of Horse Sports.
    Eventing was first developed in the military to showcase the abilities of the cavalry.

For Three Day Events, Dressage is held the first day, Cross Country run the second, and Show Jumping rounds out the third day. Before competition starts, horses are jogged in front of the judges to assess for lameness and ability to compete. Only horses who are fully sound and well conditioned are allowed to attempt the competition as safety is a priority. After the cross country course and before show jumping, another jog is held to make sure the horse maintains its soundness and shows its ability to successfully compete in the stadium jump. Some large competitions will have two days of dressage tests because only one horse is presented in front of the judge (or panel of judges) at a time and each test takes time to complete.

For lower level Eventing or Horse Trials - Dressage is held first, typically Show Jumping next, and then on to Cross Country, all on the same day or held on two days. Cross country is often held last - if a horse and rider pair are eliminated in either Dressage or Show Jumping, they are not allowed to ride Cross Country. Some events will allow for a schooling ride after the event.

Eventing challenges the horse and rider in three different and unique phases:
    Dressage - requires horse and rider to execute precise movements while showcasing an obedient and effortless partnership. The horse should present with supple movements, connection with the rider, and balanced coordination. The rider should present an understanding of the test and maneuvers required, timing and rhythm, and efficient and effective use of the aids.
    Cross Country - requires horse and rider to be in top performance as they gallop long stretches of track over natural terrain (grass, gravel, sand, water, dirt, hills, etc.) and the courage to tackle fixed natural type obstacles (logs, ditches, water, banks, drops, etc.). The rider should understand the course and how best to set their horse up for successful attempts at the obstacle questions as well as the horse's individual handling of the route. The horse needs to be confident across the terrain and when attempting obstacle questions. Horse and rider need to be in fit condition to complete the length and amount of jump efforts required and be able to easily recover from the strenuous activity in a safe manner. A vet check
    Show Jumping - requires horse and rider to have enough stamina and agility left over from cross country to take on the colorful but flimsy poles as they race the clock to have no faults and the fastest time. It requires near perfection from rider and horse to knock off time without knocking any of the jumps.

Eventing Penalties & Rules
    The winner of the Event is determined by a combination of their Dressage, Cross Country, and Show Jumping scores. The goal is to have the least amount of penalties accrued over the three phases.
    In Dressage, each movement is given a score out of ten, with the final score showing all the penalties gained - this means the lowest score is the best starting score (this is different from strictly Dressage competitions where the highest score is the best score).
    Cross Country penalties are added to the Dressage score which is then added to the Show Jumping penalties - a good goal to have is to be double clear on both the Cross Country phase and Show Jumping phase to finish on your Dressage Score.
    Cross Country penalties include: refusals, run-outs, or time faults (coming in under or over the optimum time). Any falls on the course is an immediate elimination. Three Refusals and/or Run-outs causes Elimination from the competition.
    Show Jumping penalties include: Knocking rails, Refusing at a jump, or Running out at a jump, as well as time penalties for any time over the set time.
    Double Clear means that the horse and rider had no refusals, run-outs, or rails down (first clear) and they had no time penalties (second clear). In tough competitions - sometimes it is a one second time penalty that divides the first and second place pairs.

Multiple horse and rider pairs may be on the Cross Country course at once with time between each. Fence judges are stationed around the course to officiate any refusals, falls, or penalties occurred on course; they state if the entry successfully completed the obstacle; as well as on course in case of an emergency were to happen - they have radio communication to request backup, medical, or other help and have communication if a team needs to wait on course while a hold is called.
    If a hold occurs, the teams behind the hold must wait on course without moving forward. They may dismount without penalty or walk/trot on their section of course (without approaching or jumping the obstacles). Holds may be called for medical purposes - if a horse or rider needs evacuation from the course, or while a fence is being repaired due to damage. Holds on course due to severe weather are rare; typically start times will be held before the weather turns too severe until clearer weather and those on course are allowed to finish and should arrive before the weather turns severe. Show Management, Judges, and Technical Delegates determine when and if Holds occur.

The Levels of Eventing

National Levels - USEA
  • Beginner Novice/BN: Introduction to Eventing (combining all three phases). USDF Training Level equivalent test (walk, trot, canter, halt, and 20 meter circles). | XC - The maximum obstacle height is 2'7" (.79m), brush fence height 3' (.91m). 14 to 18 obstacles. Length is .8-1.2 miles (1400-2000 meters). Speed is 300-350 mpm (11.2-13 mph) with optimum time being within 4:00-6:40 minutes| SJ - 9 to 11 fences with max height 2'7" (.79m)
  • Novice/N: Step up for Green Horse/Riders. USDF Training Level equivalent test (slightly more complicated than BN). | XC - The maximum obstacle height is 2'11" (.90m), brush fence height 3'7" (.1.10m). 16 to 20 obstacles. Length - 1 to 1.4 miles (1600-2200 meters). Speed is 350-400 mpm (13-15 mph) with optimum time being within 4:00-6:17 minutes | SJ 9 to 11 fences with max height 2'11" (.90m)
  • Training/T: Starting to test the Pairs eventing skills. USDF First Level Equivalent (movements include lengthening trot and canter, 10 meter trot circle and 15 meter canter circles. The Cross country course incorporates jumps within the water obstacle. The Show Jumping course includes either two double combinations or a triple combination, and may also include a liverpool jump. | XC - The maximum obstacle height is 3'3" (1.00m), brush fence height 3'11 (1.20m). 20 to 24 obstacles. Length - 1.2-1.6 miles (2000-2600 meters). Speed is 420-470 mpm (15.7-17.5 mph) with optimum time being within 4:15-6:11 minutes | SJ 10 to 12 fences with max height 3'3" (1.00m)
  • Modified/M: For those transitioning from Training to Preliminary or FEI 1*. USDF First Level components movements (asking for medium trot and canter, leg yielding, and simple lead transitions). The Cross Country course starts incorporating technical questions of the rider and horse. The Show Jumping course includes two double combinations or a double and triple combination as well as riding a more technical route than previous levels. | XC - The maximum obstacle height is 3'5" (1.05m), brush fence height 4'1 (1.25m). 22 to 28 obstacles. Length - 1.4-1.9 miles (2000-2600 meters). Speed is 490 mpm (18.3 mph) with optimum time being within 4:29-6:07 minutes | SJ 10 to 13 fences with max height 3'5" (1.05m)
  • Preliminary/Prelim/P: First Upper Level class and path to 2** events. USDF First Level equivalent with second level movements (similar to Modified with the addition of shoulder-in and rein-back). | XC - The maximum obstacle height is 3'7" (1.10m), brush fence height 4'3 (1.30m). 22 to 30 obstacles. Length - 1.4-1.9 miles (2200-3120 meters). Speed is 520 mpm (19.4 mph) with optimum time being within 4:14-6:00 minutes | SJ 11 to 13 fences with max height 3'7" (1.10m)
  • Intermediate/I: Difficult course design and set up for 3*** competitions. USDF Second Level equivalent (technical movements such as canter to halt and walk to canter transitions, counter canter, turn on the haunches, and half pass.) | XC - The maximum obstacle height is 3'9" (1.15m), brush fence height 4'5 (1.35m). 26 to 34 obstacles. Length - 1.6-2.2 miles (2600-3575 meters). Speed is 550mpm (20.5 mph) with optimum time being within 4:44-6:29 minutes | SJ 12 to 14 fences with max height 3'11" (1.20m)
  • Advanced/A: Most challenging National level for prepared and dedicated horse and rider teams; competitive for 4**** and 5***** international events. USDF Third Level Equivalent (Extension through gaits, half pass at trot and canter, flying lead change.) Cross Country obstacles are expansive and have very technical approaches, some designs to test the horse and rider partnership. | XC - The maximum obstacle height is 3'11" (1.20m), brush fence height 4'7 (1.40m). 32 to 40 obstacles. Length - 2-2.5 miles (3200-3990 meters). Speed is 570 mpm (21.3 mph) with optimum time being within 5:37-7:00 minutes | SJ 13 to 15 fences with max height 3'11" (1.20m)

International Levels
      FEI
  • CCI-L/CCI/Concours Complet International - Follows the Long Format standards at an international level of competition
  • CCI-S/CIC/Concours International Combiné - Follows the Horse Trial - Short Format standards at an international level of competition
  • One-Star/1* - Intro - Introduction to International Levels | Similar to the Modified Level | USDF First Level components movements. | XC - The maximum obstacle height is 3'5" (1.05m), brush fence height 4'1 (1.25m). 20 to 25 obstacles. Length - 1.2-1.9 miles (2000-3000 meters) at 500 meters per minute with optimum time being between 4:00 to 6:00 minutes.| SJ 10 to 12 fences with max height 3'7" (1.10m).
  • Two-Star/2*-S Step up from Prelim level | USDF First Level equivalent with second level movements | XC - The maximum obstacle height is 3'7" (1.10m), brush fence height 4'3 (1.30m). 25 to 30 obstacles. Length - 1.6-1.9 miles (2600-3120 meters). Speed is 520 mpm (19.4 mph) with optimum time being within 5:00-6:00 minutes | SJ 10 to 13 fences with max height 3'9" (1.15m)
  • Three-Star/3*-S USDF Second Level equivalent | XC - The maximum obstacle height is 3'9" (1.15m), brush fence height 4'5 (1.35m). 27 to 32 obstacles. Length - 1.9-2.2 miles (3025-3575 meters). Speed is 550mpm (20.5 mph) with optimum time being within 5:30-6:30 minutes | SJ 10 to 14 fences with max height 3'11" (1.20m)
  • Four-Star/4*-S USDF Third Level Equivalent | XC - The maximum obstacle height is 3'11" (1.20m), brush fence height 4'7 (1.40m). 30 to 35 obstacles. Length - 2.1-2.5 miles (3420-3990 meters). Speed is 550 mpm (20.5 mph) with optimum time being within 6:00-7:00 minutes | SJ 11 to 15 fences with max height 4'1" (1.25m)
  • Two-Star/2*-L USDF First Level equivalent with second level movements | XC - The maximum obstacle height is 3'7" (1.10m), brush fence height 4'3 (1.30m). 25 to 30 obstacles. Length - 2.3-2.9 miles (3640-4680 meters). Speed is 520 mpm (19.4 mph) with optimum time being within 7:00-9:00 minutes | SJ 10 to 13 fences with max height 3'9" (1.15m)
  • Three-Star/3*-L USDF Second Level equivalent | XC - The maximum obstacle height is 3'9" (1.15m), brush fence height 4'5 (1.35m). 30 to 35 obstacles. Length - 2.7-3.4 miles (4400-5500 meters). Speed is 550mpm (20.5 mph) with optimum time being within 8:00-10:00 minutes | SJ 10 to 14 fences with max height 3'11" (1.20m)
  • Four-Star/4*-L USDF Third Level Equivalent | XC - The maximum obstacle height is 3'11" (1.20m), brush fence height 4'7 (1.40m). 35 to 40 obstacles. Length - 3.5-3.9 miles (5700-6270 meters). Speed is 570 mpm (21.3 mph) with optimum time being within 10:00-12:00 minutes | SJ 11 to 15 fences with max height 4'1" (1.25m)
  • Five-Star/5*-L - Riders at least 18 years old | Horses at least 8 years old | Run as a Long Format | USDF Third Level Equivalent | XC - The maximum obstacle height is 3'11" (1.20m), brush fence height 4'9 (1.45m). 40 to 45 obstacles. Length - 3.9-4.3 miles (6270-6840 meters). Speed is 570 mpm (21.3 mph) with optimum time being within 11:00-12:00 minutes | SJ 11 to 16 fences with max height 4'3" (1.3m)

CCI5*-L Recognized Events
  • FEI World Equestrian Games
  • Australian International Three Day Event (Australia)
  • Badminton Horse Trials (Britain)
  • Burghley Horse Trials (Britain)
  • Kentucky Three-Day Event (USA)
  • Luhmühlen Horse Trials (Germany)
  • Maryland Five Star at Fair Hill (USA)
  • Stars of Pau (France)

Classic & Long Format Explained
    Before Eventing's Cross Country phase became all about the legendary jumps, it was known as the Endurance Day where horse and rider were tested on their stamina and fitness as they rode several miles before seeing jumps. The older or Classical style can still be found at some events, and contain:
    Day 1: Dressage Test
      Day 2: Cross Country Test
      - Phase A - Roads and Tracks
      - Phase B - Steeplechase
      - Phase C - Roads and Tracks
      - Phase D - Cross Country Obstacles
      Day 3: Show Jumping Test

Notable Classifications and Sports
  • USEA - United States Eventing Association (Eventing Governing body for the United States)
  • USEF - United States Equestrian Federation (Governing body for all Sanctioned Equestrian Sports for the United States)
  • FEI - Fédération Équestre Internationale (Governing body for all Sanctioned Equestrian Sports for International Competition)
  • Junior Rider/JR/J - Under the age of 18. May not compete in classes above Preliminary or Two Star events. To compete in Prelim or 2 Star events, the Junior Rider must be at least 14.
  • Young Rider/YR/Y - Between 16 and 21 years of age competing in Prelim and/or Intermediate and up to 3 Star events.
  • Young Event Horse/YH/YEH - Novice (4 or 5 years old); Training (4 or 5 years old); Modified (5 or 6 years old); Preliminary (5 or 6 years old); Intermediate (6 or 7 years old); Advanced (6 or 7 years old)
  • Future Event Horse/FEH - In hand class for 1-3 year olds | 3 year olds free jump | 4 year olds shown under saddle & free jump at championships. Horses are presented to Judge(s) to check for conformation, then walked on a 15 meter triangle, then trotted on a 30 meter triangle, then presented to the Judge(s).
  • Pony/P - Equines under 14.2 HH who are older than 6 years old may compete in Pony Division Classes. Ponies are set in three sections by height. Jump heights and widths are set to pony height divisions.
  • U25 - Designated for riders under 25
  • Senior/S - Riders above the age of 18; for those who do not categorize in the YR or JR divisions
  • Open - not restricted to age or division of horse and/or rider. Anyone may enter
  • Arena Eventing - a class seen at non-eventing specific shows that showcase the trials of the cross country phase using natural type obstacles in an arena
  • Team Chasing - Teams of Two to Four horse and rider pairs follow in a line around the cross country or show jumping course. All horse and rider pairs of the team must complete each obstacle in any order with time starting when the first rider crosses the starting line and the last rider crosses the finish line. Faults are accrued as a team.
  • Point-To-Point/Steeplechase - a multi-horse race across natural terrain tackling mostly hedge or other natural obstacles. Typically about three miles long. The first horse to cross the finish line wins.
  • Hunter Pace - Horse and Rider race along a marked trail with optional natural cross country obstacles with the goal to come in at the optimum time. The optimum time is preset and unknown to the competitors until after the competition is finished. The pace should be set to mimic a foxhunt. Horse and riders may complete the course with other horse and rider pairs while competing individually.
  • Foxhunting - a traditional sport involving hounds tracking game or drag through the countryside. Rich in history and tradition, requires obedient and brave horses and riders as they ride alongside working hounds and staff over tough and challenging terrain.

Last edited by OutFoxed on Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OutFoxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FRE ❖ Setting & Plotting

Postby OutFoxed » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:54 pm

𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐍 𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐆𝐄 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆

What's Happening at FRE:

Falcon Ridge Eventing RP is: ACCEPTING Characters

 ❖ Setting The Scene
    Time of Day: 3:30 pm | Spring
    Weather: 65°F / 18.3°C - Partly Cloudy with a slight breeze

FRE Riding Team Location: Home
    RT Activity: Team Meeting at 5 pm | Discuss current events and upcoming shows - Team Ride after meeting in the Main Outdoor Arena. Will focus on flatwork for the first half and then rider technique over small jumps (open to any CTRs)

Need To Know: Morning Chores are done and horses are out in the pastures and paddocks. Some Afternoon chores left - student are trickling into the barn for the Team Meeting & Ride later

→ Important! ←
All Riders have been at FRE for at least One Month! Everyone should at least know everyone by sight!

 ❖ FRE Current Plot Points:

Last bumped by OutFoxed on Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:54 pm.
OutFoxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me