Boulder Creek Equestrian

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Boulder Creek Equestrian

Postby OutFoxed » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:56 am

Boulder Creek Equestrian

Welcome to Boulder Creek Ranch, a premier competition stables.

We're going into another exciting season of showing and expect great things from our riding team!

Our exceptional competition show team is under the strict leadership of Captain Beauregard Middleton as they travel to A and AA rated shows to represent the best of Boulder Creek Ranch. The entire operation is owned and managed by the Vanderbilt family, with the lovely Mrs. Alice Vanderbilt as the superb barn manager. All winter long the BCR team has been putting in long hours practicing and perfecting their rides, from flat work, course work, and equitation - it's time to lay it all out on the line with the season show circuit. All levels of riders and horses are welcome to participate on the competition team, where horsemanship and sportsmanship are held in high esteem.
    Find your place as you support your team mates, compete for the blue ribbons, and have the rides of your life on the Boulder Creek Ranch Show Team!
OutFoxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BCE Rules

Postby OutFoxed » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:13 am

Rules

RP Rules
  • CS Rules
  • Remove Signatures from Main Thread
  • 3rd person POV
  • Age Range - 16-26 (flexible)
  • Writing Length should be a few paragraphs with proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.
  • Keep interactions realistic, from Human perspective (animals can't 'talk')
  • Limit one on one interactions - be inclusive to the group
  • Utilize character flaws and watch success/failure rates a random success rate will be utilized if members can't self-regulate
  • Use the Discussion Thread to post Characters & Chat about the RP

Boulder Creek Ranch Rules
  • Respect Animals, Humans, and Property
  • Replace what you borrowed,
  • Helmets must be worn when riding
  • No riding before 5 am or after 9 pm
  • Leave areas neater than you found it
  • Keep your areas clean - Stall Fronts, Tack/Feed Room, Lounge
  • No Smoking on BCR property
  • No Alcohol Unless at a BCR Party - No Underage Drinking
  • No one under 16 on the ATV
  • No one under 21 on the Tractor
  • Dogs must be kept on leash
    only allowed with permission from the Vanderbilts

OutFoxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BCR Locations

Boulder Creek Ranch is located in the Colorado low country on many acres of prime horse land. There is plenty of turnout opportunities with pastures, paddocks, and stall runs - the horses have lots of room to stretch and relax when not training hard or on the road at competitions.

A large indoor arena allows riders to train in all weather conditions, with two outdoor ring options, a sixty foot round pen, and miles of trails for hacking. The stalls are kept deeply bedded and come with automatic waters and ground feeding bins. The grooming and wash racks are situated in the breezeway between the aisles of stalls as well as before the indoor arena entrance.

A hacking track runs the perimeter of the pastures, paddocks, and arenas - it is encouraged to use as a warm-up/cool-down space as well as for galloping exercising.

The large barn aisles are padded with rubber tiles that provide excellent traction and easy cleaning. There is enough room for two horses to pass comfortably even with tack trunks and other equipment lining the stall fronts. Leading up to the barn doors, the pathways are crushed gravel lined with grass and flower beds. Doorways are covered with extended roofing, as well as the center aisle leading past the two stall wings to the indoor arena.

The stalls are 12x14 foot areas, well bedded, and well ventilated. Most have grill stall fronts with dutch doors that allow horses to see all around them. Some stalls are set up to have no contact between adjacent stalls - perfect for the unfriendly or quarantined horse. Every stall has back windows and most have runs attached, accessed by a rear dutch door. There are several box stalls available for stallions and foaling mares - please contact Mrs. Vanderbilt to inquire about these stalls.

The cross tie areas are set up with shelving for easy grooming and tacking; one wall a velcro strip for boot and polo organization; a top rail over the stall dividers allow for hanging saddle pads and saddles as well as other minor storage; permanent saddle racks are set into the entrance wall to help keep tack organized, a bridle hook hangs within reach for tacking and cleaning ease; a grooming vacuum is set on the back wall of the main grooming stalls (by the indoor) for the riders to use. The main grooming stalls have a heat lamp available to use. Each cross tie station has a box fan to provide cooling to the horse and rider. The wash racks can be used as grooming stalls but have the added benefit of a shower bar and heated water, a drain, and plenty of bathing supplies to suds the entire barn over; just note that preference is given to the hose - any items that shouldn't get wet, shouldn't be kept nearby.

The tack room located next to the grooming stalls is spacious with many options for storing tack and equipment: saddle racks and stands, bridle racks and hooks, cabinets and tack lockers. The cement floor is carpeted with an old hunting tapestry style rug and there is a central counter-top island with shelves for easy storing of tack cleaning and grooming supplies. There's a closet for storing hanging items, a boot rack, and helmet pegs.

The storage room by stall #25 is used as a second smaller tack room for the horses in the left wing. It's cramped area means that riders store only crucial everyday items. Two walls are lined with saddle racks (16 total) and the third wall has bridle racks as well as floor space for a few trunks.

Tools are organized in the tool area by stall #29 - it is an open area with racks situated along the wall from muck forks, shovels, rakes, and brooms as well as an a leafblower and a couple of wheelbarrows. Any crucial daily used item can easily be found hung up neatly here.

The farrier bay is a large area set up with two cross tie stations set up for the purpose of the BCR farriers. Other outside professionals are welcome to use the area as needed such as veterinarians and bodywork providers. While the farrier bay is not technically off limits to the riders, it is frowned upon to use it as a casual area for personal needs. If otherwise unoccupied - stallions may be groomed and tacked up here due to the isolated cross ties.

The feed room has a full size refrigerator, a large sink, and large plastic pest-proof bins for storing feed. The concrete floor is covered with mats to provide a non-slip flooring that's easily cleaned of any messes. Cabinets under the counter and the cupboards overhead are used for easy access and storing of supplements and other food related essentials. Some cabinet space is dedicated to common use items such as tableware, barn decorations and arts & crafts. A drawer next to the sink contains a useful label maker to mark personal items and store space. The fridge is stocked with a container of apple juice, gatorade bottles, and various fruits and vegetables suitable for horses and humans. The freezer has several ice packs, ice pops, and juice concentrate cans.

The Lounge is a large room set up with chairs and tables, with nearly floor-to-ceiling windows that allow complete view of the entire indoor ring. There's a mini fridge is stocked with drinks and carrots, a water cooler system for cold and hot water, a coffee maker, and microwave. It is decorated with past trophies and ribbons, pictures of the competition team, and framed photos of beloved Boulder Creek Ranch horses. This area is perfect for watching lessons and clinics, resting after a ride, and team meetings as well as the occasional sleepover.

The barn office is often occupied by Mrs. Vanderbilt and Captain Middleton; the walls are decorated with several ribbons and framed photos of personal horses. There's room for two desks, two filing cabinets, a loveseat and an overstuffed crushed green velvet chair (often taken over by a resident cat). An electric fireplace keeps the smaller room cozy in the winter time and two windows let in the summer breeze. A large viewing pane allows direct observation of the indoor arena. The barn office is a welcoming room for any who need to seek the wisdom of the farm owner or discuss rides with the Captain. Ever in need of equipment or advice - Mrs. Vanderbilt usually has the exact item you need or a phrase of wisdom perfect for the situation.

Unattached to the main barn are three buildings, one for hay one for bedding (shavings), and one for tools and equipment - including a couple of farm vehicles. The ATV can be used by anyone over the age of 16 for use around the farm - dragging the smaller outdoor arena and round pen, moving hay/feed, moving manure/shavings. The Ranch Tractor is to be used by stable workers over the age of 21 with permission - for dragging the larger arenas and perimeter track, shavings and manure, landscaping.

┖──≺──┴───≺──┴───≺──┴───≺─┚◾◾◾╔═══════════════
    ███████████PADDOCKS████████████▪█
    ███████████████████████████████
    ⼁__⁞²⁰│▒│¹⁹ ⁞__⼁__⁞ ⁰²│▒│⁰¹││◾◾Hay. ▪▪◾▪
    ⼁__⁞²²│█│²¹ ⁞__⼁__⁞ ⁰⁴│█│⁰³││▪▪▪Barn▪▪▪◾
    ⼁__⁞²⁴│█│²³ ⁞__⼁__⁞ ⁰⁶│█│⁰⁵│  ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄│LO
    F.A⼁²⁶│█│²⁵ ⁞__⼁__⁞ ⁰⁸│█│⁰⁷▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪UN
    F.A⼁²⁷│█│𝗌𝗍⼁X⼁X⼁ ⁰⁹│█│TR.X│X│X GE
    ░░░░▒▒███████████████████████▒▒ INDOOR ARENA
    bd ⼁²⁸│█ t⼁w⼁w⼁ ¹⁰│█│FR.w│w│w│OF
    bd ⼁³⁰│█│²⁹ ⁞__⼁__⁞ ¹²│█│¹¹▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪BR
    ⼁__⁞³²│█│³¹ ⁞__⼁__⁞ ¹⁴│█│¹³│ ___________
    ⼁__⁞³⁴│█│³³ ⁞__⼁__⁞ ¹⁶│█│¹⁵││ Storage
    ⼁__⁞³⁶│▒│³⁵ ⁞__⼁__⁞ ¹⁸│▒│¹⁷││▪◾▪Shed ◾▪
    ███████████████████████████████
    ███████████PADDOCKS████████████▪█
    ┏──≻──┬───≻──┬───≻──┬───≻─┓◾◾◾╚═══════════════

░ - Crushed Gravel Pathway
    ▒ - Covered Doorway
    █ - Barn Aisle padded with rubber mats
    X - Cross Ties
    w - Cross Ties with Wash Rack Capabilities
    T R - Tack Room
    F R - Feed Room
    OF - Barn Office
    BR - Bathroom
    LO-UN-GE - Viewing Lounge
    st - Storage
    t - Tool Racks
    F.A - Farrier Bay
    bd - Bedding Shed
    │_ ⁞__⼁- Stalls with runs attached

Stalls will be added as necessary
OutFoxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BCR Showing

Boulder Creek Ranch Show Season

Boulder Creek Ranch is going into another competition season, starting with the quieter B rated show held at the local fairgrounds. Mayfield's Spring Classic is a great show to start the season, new rider's can get into the swing of things and kinks from the long winter are worked out. The stable banners are unpacked from the storage shed, dust blown off of chairs and saddle racks, show bridles and saddles polished to a shine, and show clothes sorted out for those who are new and those who have grown. Get Ready Boulder Creek, Show Season Has Begun!

The Spring Classic is a four day show with Hunters, Show Jumping, and Equitation classes. Riders are expected to work and prepare for everyday of the show - from the loading and unloading on Monday; Prep work, light lunging, and hacking around the show grounds on Tuesday; Exercise and final prep work on Wednesday; Flat Classes on Thursday for Hunters and Equitation; Warm-up/schooling classes for those who opt for them, as well as the first round of jump classes for all three rings on Friday; The second rounds for all of jumping will be run throughout Saturday, with the Grand Prix, Hunter Derby, and Medal rounds being run on Sunday for the different disciplines. The show is held the first week in March - the weather is unpredictable from sun and balmy 60 degrees to snow and sleet within a matter of minutes; the nights will be cold and the mornings frosty. Be prepared for fresh horses as the barn comes out of the winter hibernation. This show is the perfect opportunity for young riders to move up to a new division if they put in the hours over the winter to improve their abilities. The A level show team will be decided from the results of this show. Bring your A Game Boulder Creek!

OutFoxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Boulder Creek Equestrian

Postby OutFoxed » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:31 am

Boulder Creek Ranch Team

Boulder Creek Ranch Competition Team

Head Coach: Captain Beauregard Middleton
    Captain: TBD
    Rider | Horse | Class | Stall #
    Juliet Adams| Nexus Comet [Nautica] (9 Canadian WB Gelding)| Hunters - Working Hunter & Performance Hunter; Eq - 3'6 |#06
    ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂Calypso's Last Stand [Odyssey] (7 British WB Gelding) | Jumpers - 1.00 M; Eq - 3'3 | #08
    Greyson Kerr | Ultimatum [Karma] (8 TB mare) | Jumpers - 1.25 M Jumper & Low Jumper | #12
    ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂Almost Criminal [Mischief] (11 Hanoverian Stallion) | Jumpers - 1.40 M, High Jumper, & Grand Prix | #20

Notable Boulder Creek Ranch Staff/Professionals
  • Mrs. Alice Vanderbilt - BCR Owner and Barn Manager
  • Captain Beauregard Middleton - BCR Head Coach and head trainer
  • ______________ - BCR Stablehand / Groom (Up to three slots)
  • Ms. Hallie Bragg - Hunter Trainer/Clinician
  • Mrs. Evelyn Holloway - Dressage Clinician and Riding Instructor
  • ______________ - BCR Veterinarian from ____ Veterinary Practice (one slot)
  • ______________ - BCR Veterinary Technician from ____ Veterinary Practice (Up to two slots)
  • ______________ - BCR Farrier (Up to two slots)
  • ______________ - BCR Clinician (Up to three slots) [Jumping, Cross Country, Equitation, Management, etc.]
    (Will open more as needed/requested)
    Message OutFoxed to apply for a position

The Hunter discipline is judged on the style of the horse on the flat and over fences. The origins of the show Hunter comes from the days of hunting in the field, and so the horse must display similar attributes that would be seen of the hunting horse; a well mannered, athletic, and brave horse is prized in the show ring. It is subjectively judged which means that you must impress the judge to win. Jumps seen in the show ring are subdued in manner and replicate those obstacles seen in the field.

The Jumper discipline is a high paced and daring discipline where every partnership is faced against the clock and their ability to successfully tackle the obstacles in their way. The fences are boldly colored, and require great skill to navigate the technical courses. Horses should be agile and obedient while the rider should be daring and decisive. The only opponent in the ring is the red eyed beam of the stop clock and the ability of horse and rider to leave all rails nestled in their shallow cups. Be sharp, be quick, be bold.

The Equitation discipline is a highly competitive ring that judges how well the rider can ride their mount. It's subjective as each judge compares rounds to the other entrants with the round presented to them. The horse should be obedient and steady as the rider appears to effortlessly guide them around the course. The rider should be well versed in proper riding etiquette for all situations, as a well ridden buck is valued over flopping posture. The horse and rider combination should present a pleasant experience as if they're going for a stroll in the park even when faced with technical challenges.

OutFoxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Boulder Creek Equestrian

Postby OutFoxed » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:35 am

Welcome to Boulder Creek Equestrian Roleplay!

Accepting Characters

Please use the Discussion Thread to post forms and any OC talk. Feel free to chat about the RP, potential Plot Twists, and form character relationships. Let us know when you won't be able to be around - this is a Relaxed atmosphere, come and go as you need!

Plot Notes

To start the RP off, the characters will be preparing for the first show of the season! It will be held at the "end of the week" (a time frame that will be discussed and decided).
    Feel free to have varying levels of abilities - from beginner cross rails to grand prix.
    Everyone is on the same team and are representing Boulder Creek Ranch.
    All riders at BCR know each other and the horses. Established relationships are encouraged.
    No character should be just arriving for the first time - your character can be several months new to BCR though.

The main riding style is English with major focus on jumping disciplines. This rp is specialized to the show ring classes of Hunters, Show Jumping, and Equitation. Flat work / dressage are main basis and various movements/techniques will be utilized. Cross country jumping/eventing is encouraged only in participating clinics or hacking scenarios.
    Western events will not be typically seen unless a camp type setting occurs. (unlikely)

Show Results will be configured using a random number generator - events can be similarly calculated. If you'd like a specific occurrence to happen, please make note on the disc. page.

Please have your character arrive to BCR around 9:30 am (8 for early birds and 10:30 for those who are late). Everyone will be getting in their last practice sessions, bathing horses, cleaning tack, and packing the trailer for the show the next day. The show schedule can be found on the Showing Page as a guide for what to write about. Character interaction is highly encouraged! Please include others in your posts!

Feel free to post any questions or comments on the discussion page, or private message me!

Welcome Everyone! Have Fun!

OutFoxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Boulder Creek Equestrian

Postby OutFoxed » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:08 pm

Reserved for Intro Post!

Last bumped by OutFoxed on Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:08 pm.
┌──────────────┐

└──────────────┘
she/her | horse trainer H/J & D | lit- rper
Foxtail Stables|Boulder Creek Ranch|Day Lily Farm

Signature © OutFoxed | Owls by Katzen-Kind DA
OutFoxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups