The Misfits – Hybrid Roleplay [Always open to join]

Fantasy animal roleplays featuring animals with special abilities/powers, or fantasy creatures such as dragons, unicorns, etc. However this category does not include fandom-based roleplays such as Warrior Cats or Pokemon

The Misfits – Hybrid Roleplay [Always open to join]

Postby PixelCat75332 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:47 am

The Misfits
When humans get involved with forces beyond those of their understanding, well… sometimes the unknown is best left unknown.

In 3046, humans had forgotten about their old problems. Messing with the unnatural never ends well, so they had built up a new world that could help them survive amidst the new climate. They were doing their best to preserve the natural, so every human had to take care of 2-6 animals, each of a different species. These groups of creatures became very close to each other and their humans.
But one fateful day, two scientists found a strange glowing gem created from the new climate. They began to experiment with it, not thinking about the fact that it was created by the unnatural. They conducted the wrong kind of experiment, and the gem shattered, releasing its power. The power spread outward in a pulse of strange energy, and only the natural survived…
Now the world is all animals, but not the kind we knew from 2022. The pulse merged every group of animals, forming hybrids. These hybrids each absorbed a different kind of power from The Pulse, and they got a bit from humans, meaning they can speak. Each hybrid has an ability. Additionally, it merged some aspects of different environments, and the world is now all flooded forests and literal concrete jungles. And the hybrids have to fend for themselves in this new world…

Characters:

Username: PixelCat75332
Char. Name: Kyanulimau, or Kya for short.
Species: Felibat – Cat x Jaguar x Bat
Pronouns: she/them
Description: Semi-large black-furred feline with bat wings. She has red eyes.
Ability: Stars’ Fate – Gets small prophecies every time she looks deeply into the stars. After getting a prophecy, she can read minds and transmit thoughts for one hour.
Accessory: A pendant with the tears of her human in a small glass orb.
Extra: Kya is very shy and quiet and she will usually seem like she is avoiding everyone else, but really, all she really wants is a friend. Kya is very sensitive and can be hurt physically or emotionally very easily. She can be very friendly when she knows she can trust someone.

Username: Luna Stafford
Char. Name: Luna
Species: wolarat (wolf, oarfish, bat)
Pronouns: she/her(preferred) or they/them
Description: luna is black, has wings and a finned tail. she likes to call herself a "dragon", even though she has short fur covering her body instead of scales and obviously is NOT a dragon considering she is a hybrid. but she likes to tell others that she IS in fact a dragon to kind of flex. she has a very agile and flexible body. she can swim at speeds up to 16 mph(25 km/h) and run up to 19 mph(30 km/h).
Ability: earth manipulation(up to 22 lbs/10 kg)(unless underwater breathing is counted as an ability considering she's amphibious)
Accessory: necklace with a bow(she used to be an excellent archer)

Username: Rae'tia
Char. Name: Khaircod - Cody, Kharred or Khar
Species: Jagwok - Jaguar, Wolf, Hawk
Pronouns: He/him
Description: Not much of Khaircod's original looks remain. Feathers have sprouted along his spine, on his shoulders, hips, and along his chest as well. His body is mostly a mix of wolf and jaguar, only his feathers and large wings - that are mostly useless so far - show the Hawk in him. He still has his jaguar markings, but gone is his silky black fur, in its place shades of dark brown, with hints of black and white in a few places. His eyes remain a pale blue.
Ability: Emotion inducement - Khar may influence the emotions of others to something new for a limited time. Emotions included are happiness, sadness, rage, fear, etc. Should he use this ability too often, or for too long, it will turn on him and he'll feel the emotions of everyone around him at a heightened level for the next five to ten minutes.
Accessory: Khar drapes himself in the hide of a large anaconda skin that his mother killed when he was a cub.
Extra: Khaircod took on a new name after the pulse, he was once known as Raja. He also has a tendency to talk in the third person, only when his emotions are high does he speak in first person.

Username: Yuri_the_botfly
Char. Name: Susie
Species: Waspian – parasitic wasp+human
Pronouns: she/her
Description: A.Covered in yellow and black stripes Only 2 feet tall due to the size of the things she combined with. Has 4 arms, and 2 legs. Her compound eyes can see things about as well as a human can, and are rather large. Her abdomen does not have a stinger, but instead an ovipositor. She's basically a giant wasp.
Ability: Enhanced strength and fighting skill
Accessory: A red bow tie
Extra: Is occasionally overcome with the urge to parasitize people, especially spider people. Despite being parasitic, can still eat normally and prefers sweet things. Likes flowers. Is colorblind, and can't see yellow very well. If she looks in the mirror she sees herself as all black.

Username: Wednesday Thief
Char. Name: Cedar
Species: PeaJa-Leon – Jaguarundi Chameleon Peacock
Description: Cedar's front part of body is mostly of the Jaguarundi, with short dusty gray fur, a paler gray chest and muzzle. But about half way down his body thick Chameleon scales burst through and cover his back half in a burst of ever changing colors. His tail is very much Chameleon like but thicker. Thick Peacock feathers sprout from his lower back and haunches and sweep down to touch the ground. (like a lil skirt) His eyes are deep amber.
Ability: Cedar can almost go completely invisible for a short time (10 mins). But you can still see his eyes. Ability Name – Camouflage Flicker
Accessory: A small chunk of Amber on a thick bit of leather.
Extra: Cedar can flare his butt feathers like a Peacock.

Username: MommaP0ssum
Char. Name: Erebus (air-a-bis)
Species: Hybridname - Voltssumyote (Volture+Possum+Coyote) (Scavengers of the US)
Pronouns: he/him
Description: Erebus is mostly a coyote body.. With the exception of a prehensile tail, black leather ears, and front limbs possum arms and hands. His back legs, however, are coyote paws. He also has a pair of large vulture wings, and a scarf of plumage around the back of his neck. He marbled in greys, tan, brown, and white. He has yellow, piercing eyes. He’s a bit on the smaller size.. the size of a fox. Mostly nocturnal
Ability: Ability name- The Power of Suggestion. He can be sly and manipulative enough to make others do the things he wants.. but only to an extent. For those that have a strong, focused mind, it’s harder to control and the victim can easily break the chain. If used too much or too long, he will go unconscious.
Accessory: Has a forest ranger jacket from a Wildlife Rehabber who saved his life.
Extra: As far as personality goes, he’s cocky, intelligent and lets other people do the hard work. He comes across as rude and sarcastic. But inwardly, he’s a huge softy and loves his friends and would do anything for them, complaining jokingly. Although he might hold a favor over you! Plays dead to get out of situations

Username: Globe Trotter
Char. Name: Russell
Species: Batsum – Possum, Bat
Description: A hybrid possum with a little more fur than your normal everyday possum. It has a set of two bat wings along it's back. It's tail is a little bit thicker. It's fur and wings is a dark brown (with a bit of orange-colored fur near it's ears), though it's face area is a light grey. The paws are completely white.
Ability: Camouflage – The ability to match the color of it's surroundings.
Accessory: Monocle on his right eye (he's a sophisticated young fellow :D)

Username: Lunastar589
Char. Name: Keperstof
Species: Coyam - Coyote Ram hybrid
Pronouns: Any - mostly She/They is used
Description: Sleek, brown fur mixed in with a lighter brown splotches and yellow sharp eyes. Their fur is generally big and fluffy. Keperstof acts abit sassy and is considered annoying by most, leaving her behind most of the time, yet she isn't suprised by it.
Ability: Teleportation and floating - She can teleport wherever she wants to and whenever she likes, including floating. Though if she is seriously injured she can only float as a last resort outta there
Accessory: Bowtie!! It is somehow still tidy despite the things she went through, having a black color to it

Apply to Join:

To join, just PM me and use the following code:
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Char. Name:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b] Hybridname – Creatures involved in hybrid
[b]Pronouns:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b] A physical description of your character
[b]Ability:[/b] Ability Name – Short description of ability – only one, and not too overpowered, please.
[b]Accessory:[/b] A little accessory for your character, maybe something to remember their old life by. Only one, please. :)
[b]Extra:[/b]

You may create as many characters as you can handle, but no more than four please.
If your character is rejected, please don’t take it personally, it’s probably just because I don’t think some detail is fair to the other players. I’ll tell you what’s wrong so you can fix it.

Now that you’ve finished reading all that, just sit back, relax, and enjoy the roleplay. :)

Moderators, if I broke any rules, please please please just lock the thread so I can fix it instead of just deleting the thread. I worked really hard on it. ;-;
Last edited by PixelCat75332 on Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:24 am, edited 14 times in total.
PixelCat75332

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Misfits – Hybrid Roleplay

Postby PixelCat75332 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:53 am

Kyanulimau

Kya wakes up feeling a bit discombobulated. “Mmf… urg… ah, I am tired.”
She looks out over this strange new world. “Post-Pulse, day 4. I’m getting kind of lonely out here… I’m going to go see if I can find anyone else, just to be in the presence of another living thing.”
So, she sets off on a journey to find another hybrid.
PixelCat75332

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Misfits – Hybrid Roleplay [Always open to join]

Postby Rae'tia » Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:27 pm

Khaircod
He/Him ║Jagwok ║Tags: Open

indentation Pale blue eyes flickered open as he awoke, and for a moment the male thought it had all been a nightmare. Then his wings twitched and he sighed, "Khaircod does not like this new body." This new creature that he was odd in many ways. Khaircod had been one of the apex predators once upon a time, but that was up in the air now. "Up in the air, Khaircod is so ironic..." He snorted, "and punny." His new body had longer fur, and feathers littered his body in the oddest of places. At least to him. Hmmm, maybe Khaircod could find something like Khaircod. Something that's changed. He nodded to himself, hoping to find another hybrid like him as he set off.
Rae'tia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PixelCat75332 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:54 pm

Kyanulimau

Kya is tired from walking so far for so long. She stares up at the stars, hoping to see if there are any others like her. In her vision, she sees a feathery quadruped meeting her by a concrete tree. Then she regains her mind, aware to any nearby thoughts. She is overflowing with excitement as she searches for thoughts, any thoughts, and she finds some. She doesn’t pay attention to anything, she was just looked for confirmation of life, and she immediately charges off to the nearest concrete forest.
Last edited by PixelCat75332 on Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PixelCat75332

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rae'tia » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:12 pm

Khaircod
He/Him ║Jagwok ║Tags: Open

indentation Khaircod does not like false home, it does not smell like old home. He thought blandly as he gazed up at the night sky. His stomach rumbled with hunger. "Khaircod is hungry, so Khaircod must hunt." He rumbled thoughtfully, Maybe Khaircod will find food in the forest by false home? It still looked like his home and the jungle he'd called him hunting grounds, but then they'd become concrete. It had not felt like home since. Khaircod hated this new place, but he would adapt, mother had said that he was the best of her cubs at surviving and adapting. He hummed as he tightened the anaconda skin around him, it was wrapped around most of his body. The head was set between his ears, it flowed down his neck before it started twisting and turning into a harness-like wrap. It also wrapped tightly around his wings, keeping them close to his body so they didn't mess with his maneuverability. The tail ended up wrapped around his own tail, the pointed tip just a few inches short of his own tail tip. Khaircod is thankful that snake did not become strange as well." He muttered as he headed into the forest, mind wandering.
Rae'tia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PixelCat75332 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:16 pm

Kyanulimau

Kya finally arrives at the tree from her vision, exhausted from the trip there. She’s getting ready to meet the new hybrid, when suddenly she realizes that she’s about to meet… someone new. She suddenly gets super shy and ducks behind the tree as she hears the sound of something–or someone–crashing through the forest coming closer and closer.
PixelCat75332

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yuri_the_botfly » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:38 pm

Susie wakes up, and immediately goes into total shock. The wasp side of her is totally unable to withstand this sudden drastic increase in intelligence. She simply lies down awake for the next couple days, each new stimuli overwhelming her even more. As the pressure of this situation increases, the wasp side of her becomes so overwhelmed it shuts down, finally allowing her to move and think properly. "Where am I?" she thinks, before that thought is interrupted by a growl from her stomach. "guess I better go get some food" Still in quite the daze, she gets up and heads towards a patch of greenery that she sees.
I like spiders and have poor judgement. Yuri the botfly#7962

Yuri_the_botfly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rae'tia » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:39 pm

Khaircod
He/Him ║Jagwok ║Tags: Kyanulimau, open

indentation He wasn't sure what he'd caught, it looked like some strange mix of Iguana and Capybara. None of the strange concrete trees looked safe to climb and eat in. But Khaircod wasn't even sure he could climb them anymore, they were so strange to touch these days. But there was a single tree he knew that was relatively left alone, mostly because it was were mother and now he marked the most and therefore smelt of him very strongly. Though now, he thought, that has probably changed, after all, Khaircod smells different now. As he broke through the brush that led to the large concrete tree, he paused and dropped his meal to be. "Who has come to Khaircod's tree?" He wondered, aloud looking at the strange creature before him. With a tilt of his head, Kharred slowly padded over to the creature. "What is stranger's name? Khaircod is Khaircod." He questioned, before remembering to introduce himself.
Rae'tia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PixelCat75332 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:26 pm

Kyanulimau

Kya makes a small, high-pitched "eep" noise and says, "H- how did you find me? -Wait, no, I should answer your question first, shouldn't I? Oh, I'm not very good in new-friend situations, assuming that you are a friend... you're a friend, right? Ah, I'm getting off-track again. I'm Kyanulimau, but you can call me Kya. It's nice to meet you, Khaircod." And suddenly a smile appears on her face instead of the nervous expression she had before.
Last edited by PixelCat75332 on Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
PixelCat75332

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rae'tia » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:20 pm

Khaircod
He/Him ║Jagwok ║Tags: Kyanulimau, open

indentation Slowly the creature blinked as the creature known as Kyanulimau spoke in a rapid and nervous fashion. Such a strange creature... And vaguely amusing. Khaircod shall not eat it. He thought, as he finally answered her question. Questions really. "Khaircod used to use this tree for territory marking, so Khar knows this well." Cody responded in a mildly curious yet confused voice. "Khaircod can be Kya's friend, as Kya does not look like prey. Hmm, Kya can call Khaircod, Cody, or Khar, or Kharred." He glanced back to where he'd left his meal, as his stomach grumbled. "Khaircod is very hungry, would you like to join Khaircod for Khaircod's meal?" He questioned, with a curious tilt of his head.
Rae'tia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me