from the woods > a medieval werewolf role play > o & a

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

from the woods > a medieval werewolf role play > o & a

Postby zhelaniye » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:41 pm

this is a remake of a role play that i created and was able to further develop with the help of some very talented friends
of mine between january and august of 2021. many of those talented friends will be returning for the remake, so we will
be picking up where we left off, for the most part. however, this is still very much an open role play, so if you were not
involved in the first version, but you would like to be involved in the second, do not despair: there is still a place for you
here if you want it!

the role play itself will center on on a small medieval kingdom called fordaemdur, which is plagued by the yet undiscovered
presence of werewolves both within and outside of its walls. i do not intend to impose any kind of literacy or post frequency
requirement on this role play, because i know that i likely won't be able to adhere to any such requirements on a consistent
basis myself, but it is my intention to post three lines per character per post once a week, at minimum. if you are interested,
please visit the discussion thread to post your forms and see where the story goes with me!
Last edited by zhelaniye on Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zhelaniye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

from the woods > basic plot

Postby zhelaniye » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:42 pm

FROM THE WOODS!! FROM THE WOODS!!
the royal family of fordaemdur, the fenns, have been seated quietly in the desirable fortress and lands of fordaemdur for centuries,
with very little to worry about but their own, insignificant wants and desires. that is, until the current king, ronan fenn, came to
power after the relatively unexpected death of his father, markin fenn, in the spring of ronan's thirty fifth year. unbeknownst to
ronan, his father was not the only thing to die that spring; by accident or design, an undisclosed truce followed markin fenn to his
untimely grave, thereby leaving his son and his people vulnerable to the beasts from the woods.

the beasts from the woods, the wolves, have been shackled by the truce to which their alpha agreed for decades, but have equally
benefitted therefrom by enjoying the privilege of a non-nomadic life in both of their skins. however, with the truce and its shackles
broken by the death of markin fenn, the pack, now lead by tarner eathe, the son of tobias eathe, the alpha who agreed to the truce,
and the few rogues that tobias left alive, who didn't agree with the truce to begin with, have an opportunity to regroup, and perhaps
even seize control of the lands on which they were once conditionally allowed to reside.

tldr; ronan fenn is the newest in a line of fenn kings to rule the kingdom fordaemdur followng the death of his father, markin fenn.
tarner eathe is the newest in a line of eathe alphas to rule the pack of werewolves that resides in fordaemdur. markin made a truce,
first with tobais eathe, tarner's father, and then with tarner, after tobias' death, to keep the wolves from killing or turning the people
or visitors of fordaemdur while still allowing them to live and hunt game in the kingdom and surrounding area. this truce was broken
when markin died and failed to advise his successor, ronan, of the wolves and his truce with them. the existence of the wolves is not
common knowledge, and only markin and the wolves themselves knew of the truce at the time of his death. with the truce broken,
the people of fordaemdur and their king are at risk, and the wolves of fordaemdur have a choice to make.

THEY'RE COMING FROM THE WOODS!!
Last edited by zhelaniye on Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zhelaniye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

from the woods > lore and answers to other questions

Postby zhelaniye » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:42 pm

otherwise known as fun facts about werewolves and the people of fordaemdur, this post will be edited frequently to reflect the answers at which we arrive as a group to any questions that are raised as the role play progresses. i did not do this for version one of this role play, and that made me realize how helpful it could be to do this for the sake of clarity and maintaining a good mutual understanding of the fantasy world in which we'll be working together.

on werewolves
      ↠ werewolves of can be born or bitten.
      ↠ werewolves can shift at will.
      ↠ werewolves can communicate telepathically at will. the range of their telepathic communication depends on whether they are in ``human or wolf form. in human form, the range is much less than what it would be in wolf form.
      ↠ lines of succession typically run from parents to their eldest child; however, in cases of childlessness, they usually run from eldest ``sibling to next eldest sibling, and so on and so forth. sometimes, lines of succession may run from spouse to spouse, if one outlives ``the other, especially in cases of childlessness.
    on fordaemdur tradition and customs
      ↠ overt heterosexuality is the norm among the people of fordaemdur, as relationships are often established and maintained for the ``sake of continuing a lineage. many lgbtq+ citizens are closeted or partially closeted for fear of ostracization and ridicule because ``of this.
      ↠ as with the wolves of fordaemdur, lines of succession typically run from parents to their eldest child; however, in cases of ``childlessness, they usually run from eldest sibling to next eldest sibling, and so on and so forth. sometimes, lines of succession may ``run from spouse to spouse, if one outlives the other, especially in cases of childlessness.
    topic area
ONCE A VISION FROM THE WOODS!!
Last edited by zhelaniye on Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
zhelaniye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

from the woods > rules

Postby zhelaniye » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:43 pm

BOUND BY TAPE!! AND BY WIRE!!
    ````````````````````````````````all site rules apply
    ````````````````````````````````fade to black where appropriate
    ````````````````````````````````no god modeling or power playing
    ````````````````````````````````please don't be your own romantic interest or partner
    ````````````````````````````````post all forms and ooc talk on the discussion thread
    ````````````````````````````````realistic face claims only, please
    ````````````````````````````````lgbtq+ characters welcome, but will likely be forced to hide their identity due to the time period
    ````````````````````````````````for the sake of neatness, please disable your signature
    ````````````````````````````````be respectful
    ````````````````````````````````if you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out!
BRUISED AND BEATEN IN THE FIRE!!
Last edited by zhelaniye on Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
zhelaniye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

from the woods > ranks

Postby zhelaniye » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:43 pm

NEWER ROPES!! STRONGER NETS!!
many, if not all of the wolves of fordaemdur will also have ranks within the kingdom of fordaemdur, as part of the truce that
they had with the former king was the ability to lead normal lives as humans within the walls of the kingdom. for this reason,
names that appear in grey in the left column indicate werewolf status and will also appear somewhere in the right column.

the kingdom of fordaemdur
    king ronan fenn
    queen tbd by ronan
    heir apparent bennet fenn
    princes open, but there can be only six fenn children total and all
    ```````must be > 32 years of age
    princesses edelheide fenn + open, but there can be only six fenn
    ``````````children total and all must be > 32 years of age
    advisor to the king reserved for egg with legs
    master-at-arms cian ruane
    master of horse one
    kennelmaster caine mallory
    blacksmiths svala holt + jason mormont
    captain of the guard damien drake
    guardsmen leon hilith + unlimited
    soldiers sersha eathe + unlimited
    domestic servants moriah o'malley + maerwynn joan sommer +
    `````````````````unlimited
    citizens tarner eathe + arlo eathe + freyja payne + christopher belmont
    ```````jr. + gehuil asenah + unlimited
the wolves of fordaemdur
    alpha pair tarner eathe + tbd by tarner
    heir apparent arlo eathe
    lesser heirs sersha eathe + open, but there can be only five
    ```````````eathe children total
    beta pair one + tbd by one
    subordinates svala holt + damien drake + jason mormont +
    ````````````unlimited
    recently turned closed
    rogues freyja payne + cian ruane + gehuil asenah (closed)
    `````
    `````
    `````
    `````
    `````
    `````
    `````
    `````
    `````
    `````

HAVE US PLUMBING FURTHER DEPTHS!!
Last edited by zhelaniye on Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:13 pm, edited 17 times in total.
zhelaniye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

from the woods > relationships

Postby zhelaniye » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:44 pm

legend
werewolf | deceased | → one sided interest | ⇄ two sided interest | ⭾ forbidden interest/relationship
♡ betrothed | ♥ married | ✰ mother of | ★ father of |✯ siblings | ✧ kin (other)

markin fenn
    ★ ronan fenn, bennet fenn, edelheide fenn & ...
name
    symbol name
tobias eathe
    tarner eathe, arlo eathe, sersha eathe, & ...
jason mormont
    → moriah o'malley
name
    symbol name

`````
`````
`````
`````
`````
`````
THEY ARE COMING FROM THE WOODS!!
Last edited by zhelaniye on Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
zhelaniye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

from the woods > o & a

Postby zhelaniye » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:44 pm

OPEN!!
the discussion thread is now open for forms (21/12/17)
the role play thread is open for posts (21/12/28)
time skip announcement one (22/03/01)

Last edited by zhelaniye on Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zhelaniye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

from the woods > ronan > i

Postby zhelaniye » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:26 am

RONAN FENN!! "history repeats itself..."
[35 years] [human] [male] [king of fordaemdur] [no romantic involvement]
═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
    again and nonsensically, given his perception of the physician, ronan found himself caught off guard by her good humor, so much so that he found himself huffing out a meek laugh of his own at her defense for the liqueurs and other elixirs in her possession without fully forming an intention to emit such a sound. although the breathiness of it was well suited to who ronan was as a person, there was a certain lack of familiarity between the king and his laugh and the sound of it sent pin pricks of unease fanning out over his skin. what kind of man, or monster, was capable of laughter while in a position such as his?

as inclined to antagonize over that question as he was, ronan knew that he could not do it now, not in front of the royal physician who had already conveyed concern about him and his visible deterioration. ronan was not a man of ample or even moderate cunning, but he had devoted years to learning how to keep up appearances enough to keep questions about him and his inner life to a minimum, and despite his recent failings in this regard, freyja's observations about him had awakened in him a new desperation to maintain his fragile hold on what little dignity he had yet to lose, if he even had any left onto which to hold.

not to mention that freyja's mention of drunkards had ronan's mind again turning to bennet and the very disastrous and very public interaction that they had shared earlier in the day. ronan had no doubt in his mind that there was truth to freyja's jesting, because she was too good at what she did to be under the influence of such a demanding and unforgiving proclivity with any kind of frequency. furthermore, his father would never have put such trust in her if he had seen that she could not fulfil it.

ronan was quick but not overly graceful to bite back his laughter and take the necks of the two glass bottles she offered him in hand. he made no attempt to argue with the physician about how little she had given him, because even the meager weight of the two bottles seemed to drag his center of gravity downwards to the point where he had to make a conscious effort to adjust his balance and stay on his feet before he could fall into step behind her.

"thankfully," he repeated quietly, meaning it far more than he hoped she would notice. his gaze followed hers to look up at the grand fortress of fordaemdur, which he had called home since the day of his birth, but had felt much less like home since his father's death. part of him was certain that nothing freyja could do would change that or make any difference in that or his heinous experience of the world in the weeks since markin fenn had taken his last breath, but another part of him, the part that most would deem naïve, was desperately hopeful that the first part of him was wrong, even if only partially.

ronan allowed his eyes to drop from the stone teeth of the castle's battlements to the cobblestones passing by beneath his feet before speaking up again, all the while trying to keep his voice from sounding like that of a scared child, because he knew that the words he spoke could certainly be interpreted that way. "what remedy do you plan to administer to me, doctor payne?"
[mentions: bennet fen, markin fenn] [tags: freyja payne] [location: the castle entrance]
zhelaniye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

tarner > i

Postby zhelaniye » Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:35 am

TARNER EATHE!! "i kept my mind on the moon..."
[36 years] [werewolf] [male] [alpha of the pack of fordaemdur] [no romantic involvement]
═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
    in truth, it was mere happenstance that created the favorable circumstances on which tarner had capitalized to meet with his siblings and advise them of his intentions for himself and the pack, but he would happily and definitively say otherwise if he was ever asked about it. however, it seemed unlikely that he would be, at least for the time being, considering the noticeable shift in at least arlo's demeanor as abnormality of tarner's direct meddling in his siblings' affairs seemed to sink in. evidently, arlo's feelings about knocking his brother off balance were mutual.

tarner's lips twitched up into an expression that could be deemed analogous to a human sneer before quickly morphing into a snarl at his brother's inquiry. his tongue flashed out over his teeth and his hackles bristled without tarner actually having any real say in the matter. composed as he could sometimes be, the object of his ambitions and the obstacles standing in his way were something of a sore spot for the alpha who's status was reduced to that of a mere commoner within the walls of fordaemdur.

of course something is wrong, he snapped, his tone still biting despite the fact that it was only audible telepathically to those in his immediate vicinity. as he spoke, tarner even went as far as to take an agitated step in arlo's direction but he deliberately stopped himself there. as strained as his relationship with his younger brother was, tarner knew that his reaction to the simple question was excessive and misdirected, and although arlo had been the one to raise it, it was not him with whom tarner had an ax to grind, at least for the time being.

something has been wrong ever since our father renounced our independence for the benefit of the fenns and their miserable people. again, tarner found himself having to work to keep himself in check, to hold on to his restless energy rather than expend it by pacing manically or snapping his jaws needlessly on the open air around him. markin fenn was a mediocre king at best, but he was capable of keeping the kingdom afloat. in the weeks since he has been crowned, ronan has demonstrated that he is not. i will not bow to him and nor will you, or any member of the pack, for that matter. the forest outside the kingdom's walls is already ours. it's high time we made the kingdom itself ours as well.

tarner allowed himself a moment of lenience during which he attempted to shake off some of the tension that had built up while he had been expressing his intentions to his siblings. his grey brown fur billowed in a smooth and relaxed way that was in sharp contrast to the intensity of his demeanor and words as he sharply transferred his weight from side to side. when he settled again, tarner looked up at each of his siblings in turn to scrutinize what effect, if any, his words had evoked in them.
[mentions: n/a] [tags: arlo eathe, sersha eathe] [location: the forest outside of fordaemdur]
zhelaniye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: from the woods > a medieval werewolf role play > o & a

Postby Boxen. » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:42 am

𝙵𝚛𝚎𝚢𝚓𝚊 𝙿𝚊𝚢𝚗𝚎
Werewolf | Female | Royal Physician | Rouge
|Mentions: | Tags: Ronan Fenn | Location: Castle Entrance > Inner yard |

"Well that would depend on your ailment, sire." Freyja spoke mostly to herself, pausing in her steps slightly as her mind whirring for split second. She glanced at Ronan again with scrutinising eyes, as though trying to gauge the severity by appearances alone. "But not to worry, since yours appears to hinge on sleeplessness, I shall start you on something mild to begin with just to see how you fare."

Doing her best to give the man a reassuring smile, Freyja found her mind still running like a hunting dog- as much as she knew Ronan was holding himself together as best as he could, it was clear there were cracks in the façade, ones that needed to be dealt with swiftly. Whilst Ronan's struggles were his own, the doctor could empathise somewhat with the passing of her mentor years ago leaving her with large shoes to fill, but that was a death they'd both seen coming for a while so the torch was able to be handed with little fuss. It worried the doctor that Ronan had allowed himself to decline this far, however, had they not bumped into each other she had doubt she would have had any word from him.

"However, I fear that even the strongest remedy will only take you so far, my lord." She hesitated, focusing on the shuffling movements of servants and guards across the courtyard, the candid scene being found rather peaceful compared to the hectic marketplace. "It is known that stress plays more than a large part in keeping the brain awake among other things. How much of your day is spent working? Have you taken time away for leisure?"

She knew it was a daft question, one that could be answered with half a brain and an inlking of the current social climate but she wanted to hear it from Ronan himself. Suddenly Freyja realised she may have come across as chastising, like a mother scolding her child, and in doing so overstepped her place, she quickly lowered her head. "Apologies, I do not mean to pry."
Boxen.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me