The Renaissance Town O/A

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

The Renaissance Town O/A

Postby FoggyMeadows » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:03 am

Renaissance Days

You are just a normal person living in 2021 with cars, heating, technology and just everything comfortable. As you go to bed in your bed you feel a strange entity.. energy?? Something you never felt before but you just think its in your head and you go to bed. The next morning you wake up noticing that you aren't in your comfy bed. You jolt up noticing you aren't even in your bedroom, you are laying on the ground. You look around seeing a bunch of strangers also on the ground looking just as confused as you are. As you keep looking around you notice a king looking man come out of the big castle like building that's in front of you.

Hello and welcome to my town! Im Alexander and I own this renaissance town. You were all picked to be placed here and work in this town. In my hand I hold letters with you name, Come up once called."

Alexander then begins the call everyone's name and once all the letters given you can open them. Once opened you see

Dear: (your name)
Welcome to this beautiful town here you will stay
Your new job: (what you picked)
Your Class: (depends on your job)
Your home: (depends on your class)

You are then to go to your home and get comfortable because the next day starts the production of this town.
Last edited by FoggyMeadows on Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:36 pm, edited 7 times in total.
FoggyMeadows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Renaissance Town WIP

Postby FoggyMeadows » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:11 am

Jobs

Middle Class
BlackSmith: res.
Apothecarist: Charlotte
Butcher: open
Scribe: Res
Merchant: Open
Bakers: Avin,
Cooks: Open
Jail Warden:
Sheriff: Open
Lower Class
Farmer: Open
Coal Miners: Alec,
Fisher: Open
Hunter: Open
Caregiver: Jessie,
Cleaners: Open

Some Jobs can have more than one so just let me know if you are interested in a job that already has a worker.
Once you select a job I will pm you the rules and guidelines of having that job.
Example: What your character should do in a day when at work
If a merchant say what you sell!

More will be added soon if you want a certain job but don't see it pm me
Last edited by FoggyMeadows on Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:00 am, edited 8 times in total.
FoggyMeadows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FoggyMeadows » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:20 am

Basic RP Rules

This rp is lgbtq+ friendly so your character can be whatever sexuality and it WILL be accepted in the town
Men DO NOT have control over the females in this rp everyone is equal!
♥ Must be active if you don't post in a week you will get kicked out UNLESS you pm me explaining why you cant be on, you character will then just be sent on an adventure and when you get back I will pm you updating you on what happened
♥No swearing (unless allowed by cs rules)
♥Long descriptive post- minimum is one paragraph-so others have stuff to work with
♥On the main forum pls turn off your signature
♥Character must be 20 years and older
♥every character must learn how to write with actual ink
♥Pm me to res a job
♥Homes will be given out randomly but if characters marry they can request a home together
Town Rules
♥Must go to church
♥Must be always wearing your given clothes( or ones you buy)
♥Stealing in any capacity is against the law
♥No Murdering/ Killing, attempted murder will account for murder
♥ Any type of Assault is against the law
♥Can not get a new housemate unless in a relationship and take it to court
♥ Curfew is at Sundown
♥ Pets are allowed (im letting the characters pets they had in the real world teleport to the town with them)
♥Death penalty is not a thing here
♥Adultery is against the laws
♥ Animal Neglect is against the law
(Will add more as things go on)

Currency

Currency
Some Jobs might have more than others.
Currency: gold, silver, and billon (silver mixed with a base metal such as copper). Most small transactions in the marketplace involved billon, while people paid rents and made large purchases in silver. Merchants and businessmen used gold coins for large international transactions.
Middle class: each day you will recieve 10 billions (from the town itself), at the end of the week you will get 3 silver
Lower: you will receive 5 billions at the end of each day and at the end of the week you will receive 1 silver
All middle class will start with 100 billions and 20 silver
All lower class will start with 45 billions and 8 silver

Any money you get by selling items you can keep, At the end of each day (up to me) I will post saying how many customers you got -random mcps that come buy- if you are a store front
Farmers will get 7 billions a day to help with the farm animals and crops
Caregivers/maids can get more depending on their employer, if the employer wants to give them a bit more money (of their own) they can!
If judge is needed they will earn 1 silver per court case
Please keep track of how much currency you have!!! Please cheat and give yourself money that you didn't earn
Ill try to keep track on a google doc but it might not be accurate.
Admins♥
♥Kalo
Discussion
Last edited by FoggyMeadows on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
FoggyMeadows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FoggyMeadows » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:33 am

The Town

The renaissance town is a coastal town. With a large and vast sea being overlooked by the castle that the royal family lives in. The castle is made of the finest stone and is regal in size and stature. Large flags with the town's crest littering the walls and peaks. A large garden stretches out at the entrance that leads to the upper class section where the royal workers and family frequent. The town streets are an overgrown cobblestone that weave in and out of the middle and lower class. The middle class is the next step below the upper class and is full of a market and shops. Weapon creation and a majority of the food production takes place here. With an area for the community to gather and celebrate events and festivals. The merchants litter this section in abundance and is the most active part of the town. The lower class rests at the end of the town with a river running through it that helps fuel the farms and provides the fishers with quick access to the ocean. The houses of the lower class are known as the ‘worse’ residences but have a lot of character in their old wooden appearance and overgrown fauna. Near the lower class section is a large coal mine where a majority of the fuel for the rest of the town is provided from. Finally the lower class consists of hunters, farmers, fishers, miners, and even the caregivers and cleaners for the town.
Last edited by FoggyMeadows on Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
FoggyMeadows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FoggyMeadows » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:35 pm

Introduction

After hearing your name called you walk up to the king taking the letter out of his hand. You walk back to the spot you once woke up at not even five minutes ago. You stand there hearing all the other names being called till the king says you can open the letter up. You slowly and shakily open the letter not knowing what it will say. Once opened you see your job, home and class written in cursive with black ink. The king then sends a servant to each of you to show you to your new house.

(if lower class) Following the servant who is not talking you realize you are walking away from the "prettier and cleaner" part of the town. You finally end up at the edge of the town seeing a bunch of land for the farmers and tinier houses near a river. The servant shows you what your home is and gives you clothes to match your role. After you take the clothes the servant walks away back to the castle. You look around to see you won't be the only one in that house.

(if middle Class) Following the servant that was given to you, you walk out of the center of the town to the middle of the town with building that all look the same and stores with the names of what each one is. You are then stopped by the servant in front of your new home. The servant then gives you clothes to match your job and class and walks away. You look around seeing you wont be the only one in that house.

There will be a party in the main square so in your first post act like the servant told you about it and start to get ready (your person can check out their home and housemate first, ill say when party has started and you can show up at any time)

Homes
[img=https://image.shutterstock.com/image-photo/la-petite-venise-halftimbered-medieval-260nw-1104675647.jpg]Middle Class[/img] If you own a shop your house is above your shop. Each Middle class house has two rooms: A bedroom and the main living area
For lower class you live in a tiny rundown stone home with one big open area, farmers you have a farm house with one big open area but its a bit bigger than the other lower class homes. You also have a barn and land for crops and animals

Every house has a fire pit in the middle of the main room to cook and for warmth. Everyone has a hay bale and cloths for beds.
Last edited by FoggyMeadows on Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FoggyMeadows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Renaissance Town OPEN

Postby FoggyMeadows » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:45 pm

Tags: Scott

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Charlotte wakes up on the ground she instantly panics. Did I get kidnapped??? Where am I??? Am I going to die??? she wondered in her racing head. She stood up testing to see if she was tied up and to her luck she wasn't, she sighed in relief as she looked around. She wanted to know where she was so she could try an escape but as she looked around she saw other people walking up being just as confused. Charlotte felt a bit better know she wasn't alone. Soon she heard a man's voice booming to her left she looked over and saw a man dressed up as a king. What in the world. This has to be a dream Charlotte thought as Alexander talked about where everyone was. Charlotte went along with what he said thinking that this is just a dream and went up to him when her name was called and back to her spot. She opened up her letter to see what it said, as she read it she smiled knowing her dream self has a pretty fun job.
When Charlotte is then left in front of a house with a men standing next to her. She looked over at him with an angelic smile across her face "You must be my housemate in this crazy dream of mine, Im Charlotte Rosemary Smith what's your name" She spoke smoothly to the man.
Last edited by FoggyMeadows on Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
FoggyMeadows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Furrydogs12 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:44 am

Scott Reni/ Male/ 30/ Sheriff/ Tags: Charlotte
Scott woke up with an observation, he wasn’t at his home. He panicked and looked around the room, calming when he spotted his partner, K-9 Harlequin, laying on the ground as confused as he was. When Harlequin sensed that Scott was up, he jumped onto the bed and licked his face. “Ok, ok. Good boy” he says. He got out of bed and decides to investigate. Just as he opens the door an actor dressed up as some sort of ruler tells him that he is a sheriff, not to different then his job as a police officer. He was still confused. “What prank is this?” He sighs, his fellow officers play pranks on each other ever so often. He leaves the building with Harlequin every more confused. He didn’t recognize this place at all! He spotted a woman who had to be at least 20 also there with him. “Hello, nice to meet you Charlotte. I am Officer Scott. Do you know where we are?” He asks. K-9 Harlequin was alert and ready to protect his handler at any cost.

Owen Kernnings/ Male/ 26/ Baker/ Tags:open
Owen woke up with a headache. He looked around and noticed everything was strange and different. It clicked in his head then, he wasn’t in his own home! Owen was greeted by a king like actor. He was a baker? He always wanted to be a baker! He was excited but also confused at the same time. He wondered what was down stairs as there was a stairwell leading down. He cautiously went down the stairs to be greeted by his twelve cats. “Morning to you all too!” He chuckled and stroked the closest cat, Sage, head. He was glad that he at least had his cats here with him. He got up and the cats dispersed around the cafe.
Furrydogs12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby N64 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:04 am

██

───── ♣ 𝐀 𝐋 𝐄 𝐂 ! !
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Age: 23 • Gender: Male • Job: Coal Miner • Tags; - • Current mood: Confused • Current money: ?

Alec twitched. The feeling of a damp depression blanketing him. Unlike his usual mornings he has found himself on the floor instead of a bed. Nothing too strange though. Probably just drank too much again, last night was more than likely another one of his friends parties. He slowly rose, scrunching his face into a lousy yawn and outstretched his arms until a sharp, yet satisfying, crack! sounded. He then brought his large, fumbling hands to his eyes, firmly pressing his fingers into them in an attempt to clean away the sleep. Once satisfied with his wake up he blinked a few times, letting his eyes wander around his room. 'Wait..' he thought 'danm.. i must've not managed to make it home.' Feeling fairly relaxed still, he rose to his feet, brushing off some off the dust. Thats when he realised he wasn't stood in something that looked like a house.. no this was a palace? castle? he didn't know but whatever it was it certainly not somewhere that he knew. Looking more closely now he saw others, none fit the 'party animal' persona, instead of looking hungover they looked scared, bemused. Thats when he noticed someone who stood out from the crowd. He was dressed in fine garments, much like those you'd see on a period drama on tv. 'A king maybe?' he pondered. Either this was some wild party that he went to or something unnatural had occurred. Deciding to go with the latter he listened on in hopes of finding more out about the situation.

After listening to the kings announcement.

"So im a coal miner huh?" he spoke aloud. In all honestly he had no idea what they did, nor why he was chosen to be one. He blinked once more and found himself in a different room. Understandably panicked he let out a sharp gasp, falling back into a wall. In an attempt to ease his nerves and growing confusion he searched the room in which he was in. It was a shabby looking house with a a few holes and no other residents (apart from rats). He sighed, slumping to the floor "Danm this is a bad trip what did i take?" He rubbed his head.

( Edit: adding Apollo )

██

───── 𝘈 𝘗 𝘖 𝘓 𝘓 𝘖 ! !
Age: 20 • Gender: Male • Job: Butcher • Tags; - • Current mood: Unknown • Current money: ?

Apollo blinked once, and then once again. Honestly none of this was a surprise. Strange things happened to him all the time. He admired the room that was engulfed with darkness. In the corner there was a torch. It dimly lit a corridor and beyond that a group of others. It's not like he wasn't scared but right now he just couldn't be bothered to feel anything.

The king makes his speech.

"So thats all i am?" He questioned to no one "A meat carver.. it could be worse, could've gotten coal miner." Not bothering to question further he stepped out of a door into a small village. It was alive with people.
This is when it hit. Suddenly the realisation of being in a completely unknown area which seemed nothing like the world he was in prior sunk in, and to that he grinned "A fancy dream i see?'' He called out expecting no one in this 'dream' to respond. Instead people turned to stare at him like he was mad. He heard others mutter that he had 'lost it' or to 'stop staring at the crazy man'. He let out a low growl-like sound and folded his arms. "Where am i?"
Last edited by N64 on Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
N64

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FoggyMeadows » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:49 am

Tags: Scott

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the man standing next to her reveal his name she noticed a gorgeous dog next to him. The dog looked alert and ready to protect the newly named man at any moment. So Charlotte assumed that she was a K-9 dog and respect her boundaries with the dog. Once Scott asked if she knew where they were she blinked a few times puzzled. "Well I assume I'm dreaming, but based off of how confused you are I'm not to sure if I am dreaming anymore" Charlotte said confused. She looked around a bit more to analyze the area they are in. "From Alexander said we are in a renaissance town... which seems to be right... not sure how we got here though" She spoke softly and cautious of what she said. She took a few deep breathes just to calm her down a bit more since she realized it is indeed not a dream. She looked down at her clothes the servant handed to her and looked back up at Scott " At least the clothes are cute and I have a decent job" She lightly giggled trying to lighten the mood. She then felt two little furry animals by her legs. She looked down to she her two new kittens. She smiled in joy and picked them both up kissing them.

(I had to add her cats somehow lol)
FoggyMeadows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Furrydogs12 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:02 am

Scott Reni/ Male/ 30/ Sheriff/ Tags: Charlotte
Scott shakes his head, “I thought my fellow officers were playing a prank on me, but when I stepped out the door, I realized that it wasn’t a joke and we somehow time traveled into the past. That or that they are really good at pranks, which they aren’t” he says. “This is K-9 Harlequin, my partner” he says introducing the white dog next to him. The dog in question sat down assuming Charlotte wasn’t a threat. “I am a police officer, we’ll was, until I woke up here. I guess now I am a sheriff. Now that much different though. What is your job in this weird place?” He asks. As two kittens appear, Harlequin looks at them like they are the end of the world. “Harley! The kittens aren’t harming you. You can stop giving them the stink-eye” he chuckles. Harlequin continues to eye the kittens.

Owen Kernnings/ Male/ 26/ Baker/ Tags:open
Owen woke up with a headache. He looked around and noticed everything was strange and different. It clicked in his head then, he wasn’t in his own home! Owen was greeted by a king like actor. He was a baker? He always wanted to be a baker! He was excited but also confused at the same time. He wondered what was down stairs as there was a stairwell leading down. He cautiously went down the stairs to be greeted by his twelve cats. “Morning to you all too!” He chuckled and stroked the closest cat, Sage, head. He was glad that he at least had his cats here with him. He got up and the cats dispersed around the cafe.
Furrydogs12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me