☀ The Last Defense ☀ no longer accepting! ☀

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Inanimate object ships??

Commander Acacia + sunlight
33%
Commander Alder + the kitchen
22%
Runt + trident
22%
Parlando + bread
22%

Total votes : 9

☀ The Last Defense ☀ no longer accepting! ☀

Postby SunnyJustice » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:15 am

THE LAST DEFENSE
"You can kill the dreamer... but you cannot kill the dream."
- COMMANDER ACACIA

Centuries have passed since humanity lost the Great War for the surface against the ruthless race known as the Hellborn. Humankind now lives deep underground, in their final stronghold named Darkhaven. Memories of life under an open sky are distant tales passed down by elders through the generations.
Darkhaven is protected by a magical barrier that human ancestors created. Although it locked the humans underground, it also kept the demons out. At least, it used to.
Two weeks ago, a brigade of the Hellborn breached the weakening barrier. Humanity's last hope was nearly extinguished once and for all. The army was decimated, every capable adult slaughtered mercilessly, cut down like they were nothing.
Humankind would have perished if not for one woman's final stand. Despite being mortally wounded, Commander Acacia Jin did not stop fighting. Once the enemy had fallen, it is said she smiled for the first time before finally expiring.
Although humanity won that battle, they were left nearly defenseless. All who remain are the children, the elders, and humanity's last hope... the teenagers.
When the Commander perished, her willpower did not. Acacia's burning resolve lives on in these teenagers, but not in its original form. These young warriors have begun to develop powers, known by the elders as the Gifts of Acacia.
With these powers, humanity finally has a means of fighting back. Humans cannot yet pass through the barrier, but there must be a way. Will the survivors of Darkhaven finally see sunlight for the first time in centuries?

Last edited by SunnyJustice on Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 48 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☀ The Last Defense ☀ rules

Postby SunnyJustice » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:48 am

ROLEPLAY RULES
cannot be broken

1. Follow Tess's rules and keep your posts CS-appropriate, please. We respect the laws of the land (I mean website)!
2. Very inactive characters will be killed off for plot purposes. But feel free to rejoin with a new character once you return.
3. Read before you reply. In the long run, that's better than a recap, both for you and your fellow roleplayers.
4. Don't be significantly more overpowered than all other characters. Everyone has a place, nobody can win without the others. Avoid powers that are like "control over life and death". No time-related powers either, those give me a headache! XD
5. Have fun, make friends, and enjoy yourself roleplaying with us! ^_^

DARKHAVEN CODE
can be broken

1. Your loyalty is to humankind, first and foremost. (Punishment for treason: Death.)
2. Do not strike down your fellow humans. (Punishment for murder: Death, unless given mercy by the Queen.)
3. Do not inflict harm upon fellow humans, or act maliciously with the intent to cause harm. (Punishment: Give the victim compensation, which will be decided by the court.)
4. Protect all children and respect the elders. (Punishment for neglect: Give the child/elder your allotted food rations, amount depending on the severity of the offense.)
5. Obey your superiors. If you challenge their cause, do it respectfully. (Punishment for disrespect: Loss of rank, and/or reduced food rations.)
6. Do not steal the possessions of another, especially a warrior's most personal weapon. (Punishment for theft: Pay back two times the stolen item(s)' value.)
7. Every human has a purpose in Darkhaven. Serve your calling with all your heart. (Punishment for slacking off: Go without food.)
Last edited by SunnyJustice on Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☀ The Last Defense ☀ leaders

Postby SunnyJustice » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:51 pm

LEADERS OF DARKHAVEN

KING HADEN GARDENER: The caring and soft-spoken old king. He does not fight, and has a tendency to be too lenient towards his subjects. He feels like their father, not their ruler. Honestly hates to hurt people's feelings and often ends up coddling them instead. His wife does not allow him to modify criminals' sentences, because he is too nice.
89 years old; 5'10"; a gentle baritone voice; slender build, soft black hair, olive brown eyes.

QUEEN AKILAH GARDENER: The motherly but strict elderly queen. She has a short temper and is quick to punish delinquents, especially when disrespectful behavior is involved. Like her husband, she cares deeply about her people. She just doesn't show it in the same way. She is definitely a lot harsher.
87 years old; 5'3"; a sharp alto voice; stout build, straight black hair, dark brown eyes.

ARCHIVIST EVELINA GARDENER: Manages humanity's library of historical books and documents. Enjoys teaching and losing herself in the vivid tales of days past. She is gentle and kind like her father, the king, but she hides a lot of inner pain with a false smile. Her wife's death has really taken a toll on her.
63 years old; 5'4"; a sweet mezzo-soprano voice; graceful, black hair, warm brown eyes.

PRINCE ADAM GARDENER: The 18-year-old grandchild of the royal family, son of Evelina's younger sister Azalea Lu. His mother resembled Queen Akilah, and Adam does too. He has a passion for learning, and despite his hot temper, he's actually quite shy and introverted. He would rather be alone with his books, studying some history.
18 years old; 5'9"; a quiet tenor voice; thin build, straight black hair, dark brown eyes.

BLYTHE GARDENER: Orphaned at birth, he has been adopted into the royal family. This happy little child loves everybody. He's a sweet ray of sunshine who sees the best in even the worst people. If anything happened to Adam, Blythe would inherit the throne. More importantly to him, he would inherit his father's garden.
14 years old; 4'11"; a bright mezzo-soprano voice; a freckled face, brown hair, green eyes.
He has the power to control plants by... negotiating with them nicely.

ROWAN JIN: The youngest doctor in Darkhaven, who survived because of his position inside Gardener Castle during the invasion. He was and still is responsible for taking care of those incapable of fighting. He is polite and soft-spoken, but due to his timid nature, tends to blame himself for things going wrong.
18 years old; 5'11"; a gentle tenor voice; slender, black hair, deep russet eyes.
He has the power of healing and comforting others.

COMMANDER ALDER JIN: The heroine's younger brother. Always wears a scowl. He has taken Acacia's place as Commander, and is now responsible for training and leading the army of teenagers. Although his sister was happy with her ending, Alder was not. He is motivated by revenge and sheer rage.
19 years old; 6'2"; a harsh bass voice; muscular, messy black hair, russet eyes.
He can feel others' hearts. Also seems to be plagued by flashbacks of Acacia's many fatal wounds.

LIEUTENANT OLIVIA BRIE: The fallen lieutenant's younger sister. She vowed to follow in Sam Brie's footsteps of strength and bravery, protecting the innocent and serving her duty. She has an ego and enjoys winning competitions. Wanted to become commander. She would have been chosen, if not for Alder's blood relation with the Heroine.
18 years old; 5'2"; short and lithe, serious-looking, sandy blonde, grey-green eyes.

CHILDREN AND ELDERS: The old and the young are treated with great respect in Darkhaven. Elders are a link between the past and the present. Children are the future.
Zadkiel Xyrcan; male; 12 years old; 5'3"; strawberry blonde, honey brown eyes.
Zenaida Xyrcan; demigirl; 12 years old; 5'3"; strawberry blonde, honey brown eyes.
Andromeda Xyrcan; nonbinary; 11 years old; 5'1"; ash blonde, sky blue eyes.
Sybil Xyrcan; female; 10 years old; 4'9"; pale blonde, cerulean blue eyes.
Io Brie; female; 10 years old.
Cilantro Jin; male; 10 years old; 4'0"; very frail, black hair, russet eyes.
Peregrine Malaya; male; 10 years old; 4'11"; scrawny, dark blonde, grey eyes.
Chris Fernandez; male; 8 years old; 4'2", slim, dark brunette, hazel eyes.
Galaxa Xyrcan; female; 7 years old; 4'2"; golden blonde, sky blue eyes.
Bellaluna Xyrcan; female; 6 years old; 3'9"; golden blonde, honey brown eyes.
Aaron Lithorn; male; 6 years old.
Yarli Hernandez; female; 6 years old; 4'2"; pale, slightly chubby.
Thomas Persad; male; 3 years old; 3'1"; slightly chubby; a destructive twin.
Milly Persad; female; 3 years old; 3'1"; slim; a destructive twin.
Last edited by SunnyJustice on Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:44 am, edited 7 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☀ The Last Defense ☀ teenagers

Postby SunnyJustice » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:20 pm

ACACIA'S CHOSEN

RUNT JIN: Bisexual female; 17 years old; power of super-strength; spearwoman; 5'1", strongly-built, black hair, russet eyes. A friendly and determined optimist who never gives up, no matter what.

PARLANDO TENUTO: Heterosexual male; 16 years old; no power yet; knife-thrower; 5'10", broad-shouldered, brunette, grey eyes. Calm and good-natured towards all, hates conflict and violence.

LAWRENCE IGNACIA: Heterosexual female; 17 years old; no power yet; archer; 5'10", fit build, dark brunette, grey eyes. A fiery-tempered rebel who never forgives her enemies.

RYKER XYRCAN: Demisexual male; 17 years old; no power yet; archer; 6'0", ash blonde, blue eyes. An independent and caring older brother who hides his struggles with goofiness.

EVREN XYRCAN: Homosexual male; 16 years old; no power yet; archer; 6'0", golden blonde, brown eyes. Careless and often doesn't make sense, but ridiculously fun and optimistic.

NAEVYS XYRCAN: Asexual male; 15 years old; no power yet; archer; 6'0", light blonde, brown eyes. Serious and reserved, unlike his brothers; a hardworking fighter.

MALLIUS TAVRINTH: Bisexual male; 17 years old; no power yet; swordsman; 5'9", black hair, teal eyes. A hotheaded player with an ego, who doesn't think thoroughly before he speaks.

XIA ARGON: Bi-lithsexual female; 17 years old; power of aura manipulation; trident-wielder; 5'7", brown hair, cerulean blue eyes. Passive-aggressive with pent-up anger, but caring towards the right people.

WAYNE MONTGOMERY: Heterosexual male; 17 years old; no power yet; swordsman; 6'0", brown hair, olive brown eyes. So sexist and disrespectful that everybody hates him.

ANTHONY LITHORN: Heterosexual male; 16 years old; no power yet; sling-wielder; 5'4", thin, messy brown hair, deep blue eyes. Despite his quiet and gentle nature, he is very persistent.

JESSIE GWYIDON: Bisexual transmale; 16 years old; power of shapeshifting; dagger-wielder; 5'7", lean, black hair with brown highlights, blue-hazel eyes. He is very shy and dislikes speaking.

SHERLYN HERNANDEZ: Heterosexual female; 16 years old; no power yet; archer; 5'11", slim, dark brunette, dark brown eyes. A tough and ruthless hothead with a good heart.

GIOVANNI PERSAD: Bisexual male; 15 years old; no power yet; spearman; 5'7", slim, slick black hair, dark brown eyes. Intelligent, but very cowardly in the face of conflict.

FREYA TORDEN: Homosexual female; 16 years old; winged storm elemental; dual blade-wielder; 5'7", attractive, silver-blue hair, yellow eyes. Cunning, sarcastic, and dark in nature.

SAGE MOONSTONE: Questioning-sexuality female; 16 years old; no power yet; axe-wielder; 5'9", slim, light brunette, dark brown eyes. Stubborn towards orders but brave and caring.

AERISSA PINTERSON: Bisexual female; 17 years old; no power yet; barehanded combatant; 5'4", petite, light blonde, brown eyes. Shy towards strangers, loves friendships.

ASTERIA SPARROW: Pansexual female; 17 years old; no power yet; cane sword wielder; 5'5", black hair, light blue eyes. Outgoing, passionate, loves friends.

RAIN TABRIS: Bisexual female; 15 years old; no power yet; blade-wielder; 5'3", wavy red hair, hazel eyes. Very rowdy and enjoys to fight with other teenagers.

ALICE MERVEILLE: Pansexual female; 17 years old; power of sanity manipulation; scythe-wielder; 5'1", pink hair, large ice blue eyes. Acts timid but is very cunning and manipulative.

EMBER TRAINER: Bisexual female; 16 years old; no power yet; no weapon; 5'5", red hair, hazel-blue eyes. Quirky and fun, judgemental of others, but secretly sensitive.

DEREK GRIFFIN: Heterosexual male; 17 years old; no power yet; knife-thrower; 6'1", strong, dark brown hair, brown eyes. An unemotional loner who feels superior.

ELETHA ARGENTINE: Heterosexual female; 13 years old; no power yet; whip-wielder; 4'9", skinny, black hair, grey eyes. A kind child who is unstable towards reality.

TYLA BORDEN: Bisexual female; 17 years old; power of visual linking; knife-thrower; 5'6", wavy red hair, amber eyes. A reserved and quiet introvert who is loyal towards her people.

HENLEY ALDO: Heterosexual female; 17 years old; no power yet; archer; 5'7", wavy brown hair, brown eyes. Upbeat and positive, but has a fiery temper.

FALINE SALVAJE: Heterosexual female; 17 years old; power of cat shifting; swordswoman; 5'4", muscular, wild black hair, purple eyes. A lady who brutally destroys enemies and protects loved ones.

COAHOMA SALVAJE: Bisexual female; 17 years old; no power yet; dagger-wielder; 5'9", lithe, black hair, green eyes. Fiesty, playful, and daring, but loyal to loved ones.

ETTORE SALVAJE: Questioning-sexuality male; 15 years old; no power yet; archer; 5'10", black hair, bright blue eyes. A friendly gentleman who would rather listen than speak.

KEVIN FERNANDEZ: Homosexual male; 15 years old; no power yet; dagger-wielder; 5'9", tan, black hair, dark brown eyes. A dorky romantic type who loves others for who they are.

CLAUDIA ORALEE: Pansexual female; 17 years old; no power yet; shuriken-wielder; 6'0", dark blonde, grey eyes. Energetic and adventurous, friendly to everyone.

KIT BELL: Heterosexual male; 17 years old; no power yet; spiked yoyo-wielder; 5'10", brunette, blue eyes. Very shy and doesn't talk often, but needs someone to motivate him.

DAKOTA TALRON: Heterosexual female; 17 years old; no power yet; archer; 5'7", black hair, blue eyes. Laid-back and teasing, prefers male company and doesn't back down from fights.

DEMETRIA GREEN: Bisexual female; 17 years old; dragon wings; scythe-wielder; 5'5", thin but strong, platinum blonde, hazel eyes. Calm, loyal, and loving, but a fierce fighter.

JACK CROSS: Heterosexual male; 15 years old; no power yet; swordsman; 5'5", dirty brown hair, green eyes. Very clumsy, isolates himself because he doesn't want to ruin others' lives.

ASHLEY HAZEL: Heterosexual female; 16 years old; no power yet; knife-thrower; 5'3", dark grey hair, grey eyes. Silent and depressed, doesn't like interacting with others.

ROSEMARY MARTINEZ: Bicurious female; 17 years old; no power yet; dagger-wielder; 5'2", thin, short black hair, brown eyes. Loyal and empathetic, a social butterfly who is very kind.

ALEX MACKTON: Bisexual male; 13 years old; no power yet; knife-thrower; 5'5", dark blonde hair, grey eyes. Angsty and oftentimes feels misplaced like your average preteen.

TYDE LOGAN: Bisexual male; 17 years old; no power yet; katana-wielder; 5'9", wispy dark brown hair, blue-grey eyes. Quiet and laid-back, has a strong love for water.

The below character is currently in the hospital and will not show up until later. The reason for hospitalization will be revealed in the roleplay.

ONDINE MALAYA: Bisexual female; 16 years old; power of enhanced balance; swordswoman; 5'7"; slender and athletic, blonde, blue eyes. Laid-back and friendly, positive attitude on situations.
Last edited by SunnyJustice on Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 30 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☀ The Last Defense ☀ fallen

Postby SunnyJustice » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:22 pm

THE FALLEN

COMMANDER ACACIA JIN: Also known as the Heroine of Humanity. After dying to save humankind, her willpower lived on, reborn in the hearts of Darkhaven's teenagers. She was determined and calm, seemingly emotionless. She was only caught smiling once, long after her heart had already stopped.
25 years old; 6'0"; a calm baritone voice; strongly-built, long black hair, russet eyes.

LIEUTENANT SAM BRIE: Known fondly by some as the Hero of Hope. Slaughtered in the Invasion of Darkhaven, but his dying words filled Commander Acacia with determination to keep fighting. He had a friendly and optimistic personality, in contrast to the Commander's stoic and serious nature.

AZALEA GARDENER: Despite being the younger of the Royal Sisters, Azalea carried the bloodline because her daughter is her natural child. She was similar to her mother, a warrior-queen type, but she was more thoughtful and tactical. She died helping the army defend Darkhaven during the invasion.
58 years old; 5'1"; a sharp mezzo-soprano voice; thin build, black hair, olive brown eyes.

VINCENT GARDENER: Azalea's husband. He liked to joke about being tough, but everybody knew he was just kidding, including himself. His passion in life was annoying the heck out of people by nosing into everyone's business. Despite being a civilian, he joined his wife to help defend Darkhaven, and died.
58 years old; 5'6"; a loud countertenor voice; scrawny, curly black hair, green eyes.

TYRANNE GARDENER: Evelina's brash, loud, and aggressive wife. Tyra was obsessed with training, and only worked out even harder as she began to age. She loved to whip some sense into disrespectful youths who scorned their elders. She died fighting the Hellborn on the front lines, leaving behind a heartbroken wife.
63 years old; 5'8"; a commanding contralto voice; athletic, light blonde, blue eyes.

RUNT'S IMMEDIATE FAMILY: Stern old Cassia died fighting in the Army. Anden was too gentle to fight, but he tried to help by treating the wounded, and he was easily killed. Cashew and Runt defended the elders and children sheltered in the castle building. Cashew was cut down before Commander Acacia could reach the school.
Cassia Jin; 58 years old; 6'1"; a gruff baritone voice; muscular, shaggy black hair, russet eyes.
Anden Jin; 54 years old; 5'9"; a gentle tenor voice; slender physique, auburn hair, grey eyes.
Cashew Jin; 17 years old; 5'6"; a bright countertenor voice; scrawny, black hair, russet eyes.

ROWAN'S IMMEDIATE FAMILY: The older members of the family died defending the breached barrier. Gingko was an authoritative and stern warrior, while Cedric was honestly a fun-loving dad who loved to study magic-related things and spend time with his children. The oldest child Anise was generally emotionless and restrained.
Gingko Jin; 53 years old; 6'1"; a commanding baritone voice; athletic, black hair, russet eyes.
Cedric "Cedar" Jin; 52 years old; 5'10"; a bright tenor voice; athletic, dark brunette, hazel eyes.
Anise Jin; 22 years old; 6'0"; a firm tenor voice; athletic, black hair, russet eyes.

OTHER JIN ANCESTORS: The kind grandparents Araza and Watson died of old age before the invasion. Both were patient and gentle at heart. Aspen and Ashley fought, despite not being part of the army. Both were killed in action. Ashley was timid but sweet, but Aspen was a terrible mother, especially to Acacia.
Araza Jin; 91 years old; 6'2"; a calm bass voice; muscular, one crippled leg, black hair, russet eyes.
Watson Jin; 89 years old; 5'8"; a friendly baritone voice; fit build, dark brunette, olive brown eyes.
Aspen Jin; 55 years old; 5'10"; a harsh alto voice; athletically built, long black hair, russet eyes.
Ashley Jin; 56 years old; 5'6"; a timid countertenor voice; thin, black hair, forest green eyes.

THE TENUTO FAMILY: Parlando's entire family died so he could escape. They all fought in different ways. Kind, quiet Gavotte preferred to outlast his opponent by constantly dodging everything. Fierce Jennifer just shot them down in flames. Sharp-eyed Grazioso fought like her father, but more aggressively like her mother.
Gavotte Tenuto; 44 years old; 5'8"; a quiet tenor voice; thinly built, soft brown hair, dark blue eyes.
Jennifer Tenuto; 44 years old; 6'0"; a fierce alto voice; athletic, dark blonde hair, blue eyes.
Grazioso Tenuto; 19 years old; 5'7"; a calm contralto voice; slender, dark blonde, dark blue eyes.

THE IGNACIA FAMILY: Lawrence's parents, Lilian [45] and Sage [46], are deceased.

THE XYRCAN FAMILY: The nine siblings' parents, Aphaeleon [42] and Aurora [45], are deceased.

THE TAVRINTH FAMILY: Mallius' parents, Arlen [39] and Sonia [36], are deceased. Arlen had descended into a deep depression after his wife left him. Mallius' older brother Vaxas [21] is also dead, which took a great toll on the surviving brother.

XIA'S FAMILY: Xia Argon was once known as Reidun Olsen. Her mother Rän-aki Kelde [42] abandoned her as a small child, leading her husband Björn-baldr Olsen [42] to comply. Xia was adopted seven years later by a woman named "Glacier" [54] who mentored her. All are deceased.

THE MONTGOMERY FAMILY: Wayne's mother died giving birth to him when she was a teenager. His father blamed him for it, refused to have anything to do with him, and threw him out on the streets. Alastair later died in the battle and Wayne was overjoyed to see his father's dead body.
Alta Montgomery; 34 years old; 5'5"; a quiet soprano voice; petite, blonde, light grey eyes.
Alastair Brown; 38 years old; 6'2"; a harsh bass voice; muscular, brunette, green eyes.

THE BRIE FAMILY: Everyone older in Olivia's family is dead. The parents died in the war. Erin saw the first Hellborn break through the barrier, and despite mortal injuries, managed to report back to camp before she died. Despite their smaller size, they were a family of warriors who could kick serious butt.
Lyra Brie; 48 years old.
Owen "Orion" Brie; 47 years old.
Erin Brie; 21 years old.

THE LITHORN FAMILY: Anthony's parents are deceased.
Zara Lithorn; 43 years old.
Oliver Lithorn; 43 years old.

THE HERNANDEZ FAMILY: Sherlyn's parents are deceased.
Juan Hernandez; 35 years old; 6'3"; tan and slightly muscular.
Yamile Perez; 39 years old; 5'2"; slim, pale and freckled.

THE PERSAD FAMILY: Giovanni's parents are deceased.
Mina Persad; 40 years old; 6'0"; brown complexion, slim.
Jack Persad; 42 years old; 5'9"; tan, slim and fragile.

SAGE'S FAMILY: Sage's parents, aunt, and uncle are deceased.
Camilla Moonstone; 38 years old; 5'11"; slim, short dark brown hair, light brown eyes.
Max Victori; 39 years old; 5'9"; slim, dark brown hair, hazel eyes.
Sky Duncan; 41 years old; 5'9"; slim, long brown hair, bright brown eyes.
Kian Duncan; 41 years old; 5'11"; slim, messy dark brown hair, golden brown eyes.

THE PINTERSON FAMILY: Aerissa's parents are deceased.
Alexis Pinterson; 32 years old.
Martho Pinterson; 34 years old.

THE SPARROW FAMILY: Asteria's parents are deceased.
Sally Sparrow; 44 years old.
Andrew Sparrow; 54 years old.

THE TABRIS FAMILY: Rain's parents, Helena and Glen, are deceased.

THE MALAYA FAMILY: The older members of Ondine's family died in the battle. Odette was laid-back and happy with life like her daughters, but Peregrine got his high-strung nervousness from his father Finch. Nadine was so calm and poised that she maintained her relaxed smile as a Hellborn stabbed her in the heart.
Odette Malaya; 40 years old; 5'7"; a calm mezzo-soprano voice; light blonde, grey eyes.
Finch Malaya; 40 years old; 5'7"; a wavering tenor voice; frail, light blonde, blue eyes.
Nadine Malaya; 19 years old; 5'5"; a smooth alto voice; graceful, light blonde, blue eyes.

THE ARGENTINE FAMILY: Eletha's family is deceased.
Michelle Argentine; 36 years old.
Denver Argentine; 40 years old.
Damian Argentine; 19 years old.

THE FERNANDEZ FAMILY: Kevin's parents are deceased. They were always supportive of him.
Flora Fernandez; 35 years old; 5'11"; slim and fragile, long black hair, hazel eyes.
Adrian Fernandez; 39 years old; 6'4"; slim, messy dark brown hair, dark brown eyes.

THE BELL FAMILY: Kit's family is deceased.
Tiana Bell; 41 years old.
Andrew Bell; 45 years old.
Elaine Bell; 20 years old.

THE GREEN FAMILY: Demetria's family is deceased.
Blair Green; 43 years old.
Hunter Green; 45 years old.

THE MACKTON FAMILY: Alex's family is deceased.
Tracey Green; 30 years old.
Charlie Green; 29 years old.

THE MARTINEZ FAMILY: Rosemary's parents, Stephen and Emilia, are deceased.

THE GREEN FAMILY: Demetria's family is deceased.
Blair Green; 43 years old.
Hunter Green; 45 years old.

THE LOGAN FAMILY: Tyde's parents, Helena and Glen, are deceased.
Last edited by SunnyJustice on Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:47 am, edited 29 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☀ The Last Defense ☀ families

Postby SunnyJustice » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:24 pm

FAMILIES

Parent + Parent = Child / Child.
( Brackets ) indicates the child is adopted.
Children carry the name of the first listed parent.
Bold text indicates a living character, italics and grey indicates a dead character.

THE JIN FAMILY: The Jin surname is carried down through the female side. Every Jin is named after a tree, in memory of the surface. Girls are given embarrassing names until they prove themselves a true woman.
Araza Jin [91] + Watson Montgomery [89] = Cassia [58] / Aspen [55]
Aspen Jin [55] + Ashley Kale [56] = Commander Acacia [25] / Commander Alder [19]
Gingko Jin [53] + Cedric Addison [52] = Anise [22] / Rowan [18] / Cilantro [10]
Cassia Jin [58] + Anden Holland [54] = Runt [17] / Cashew [17]

THE ROYAL FAMILY:
King Haden Gardener [89] + King Akilah Lu [87] = Archivist Evelina [63] / Azalea [58] / ( Prince Adam [18] ) / ( Blythe [14] )
Evelina Gardener [63] + Tyranne Sideris [63]
Azalea Gardener [58] + Vincent Hill [58] = Prince Adam [18]

THE TENUTO FAMILY: Children born into this family are given names of musical terms.
Gavotte Tenuto [44] + Jennifer Dire [44] = Grazioso [19] / Parlando [16]

THE IGNACIA FAMILY:
Lilian Ignacia [45] + Sage Greenwood [46] = Lawrence

THE XYRCAN FAMILY: The middle name Luxen is passed down by all members. It is unknown who the family names came from.
Aphaeleon Xyrcan [43] + Aurora Xyrcan [45] = Ryker [17] / Evren [16] / Naevys [15] / Zadkiel [12] / Zenaida [12] / Andromeda [11] / Sybil [10] / Galaxa [7] / Bellaluna [6]

THE TAVRINTH FAMILY:
Arlen Tavrinth [39] + Sonia Anastasia [36] = Vaxas [21] / Mallius [17]

XIA'S FAMILY:
Björn-baldr Olsen [42] + Rän-Aki Kelde [42] = Reidun Olsen aka Xia Argon [17]
"Glacier" [54] = ( Xia Argon [17] )

THE LISTON FAMILY:
In progress. Silipheria [17]

THE MONTGOMERY FAMILY:
Alta Montgomery [34] + Alastair Brown [38] = Wayne [17]

THE BRIE FAMILY:
Lyra [48] + Owen [47] = Lieutenant Samuel [23] / Erin [21] / Lieutenant Olivia [17] / Io [10]

THE LITHORN FAMILY:
Zara [43] + Oliver [43] = Anthony [17] / Aaron [6]

THE HERNANDEZ FAMILY:
Juan Hernandez [35] + Yamile Perez [39] = Sherlyn [16] / Yarli [6]

THE PERSAD FAMILY:
Mina [40] + Jack [42] = Giovanni [15] / Thomas [3] / Milly [3]

THE MOONSTONE FAMILY:
Sky [41] / Camilla [38]
Kian Duncan [41] + Sky Duncan [41]
Camilla Moonstone [38] + Max Victori [39] = Sage [15]

THE PINTERSON FAMILY:
Alexis [32] + Martho [34] = Aerissa [17]

THE SPARROW FAMILY:
Sally [44] + Andrew [54] = Asteria [17]

THE TABRIS FAMILY:
Marcus Tabris [42] + Helena Glen [37] = Rain [15]

THE MALAYA FAMILY: It is tradition to name siblings ending with the same sound. In this generation it was the "ine" sound. Last generation was "ette".
Odette Malaya [40] + Finch Fowler [40] = Nadine [19] / Ondine [16] / Peregrine [10]

THE ARGENTINE FAMILY:
Michelle [36] + Denver [40] = Damian [19] / Eletha [13]

THE FERNANDEZ FAMILY:
Flora [35] + Adrian [39] = Kevin [15] / Chris [8]

THE BELL FAMILY:
Tiana [41] + Andrew [45] = Elaine [20] / Kit [15]

THE GREEN FAMILY:
Blair [43] + Hunter [45] = Demetria [17]

THE MACKTON FAMILY:
Tracey [30] + Charlie [29] = Alex [13]

THE ORPHANS:
Jessie Gwyidon [16]
Freya Torden [16]
Alice Merveille [17]
Ember Trainer [16]
Derek Griffin [17]
Tyla Borden [17]
Henley Aldo [17]
Faline Salvaje [17] / Coahoma Salvaje [17] / Ettore Salvaje [15]
Claudia Oralee [17]
Dakota Talron [17]
Jack Cross [15]
Ashley Hazel [16]
Rosemary Martinez [17]
Tyde Logan [17]
Last edited by SunnyJustice on Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:51 am, edited 29 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☀ The Last Defense ☀ relationships

Postby SunnyJustice » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:24 pm

RELATIONSHIPS

PARTNERSHIPS

Commander Acacia & Lieutenant Sam
Ember & Rain
Demetria & Kit
Tyde & Mallius

CRUSHES

Faline >>> Commander Alder
Evren >>> Giovanni

EXES

Ondine </3 Wayne

PLANNED

Coahoma & Ondine
Lawrence & Parlando
Aerissa & Rowan
Xia & Adam OR Runt
Eletha & Blythe

SINGLE

Lieutenant Olivia (bisexual)
Ryker (demisexual)
Anthony (heterosexual)
Sherlyn (heterosexual)
Sage (questioning)
Derek (heterosexual)
Tyla (bisexual)
Kevin (homosexual)
Ettore (questioning)

Not listed for cause: Naevys (asexual), Wayne (ineligible)
Not listed so far: Rosemary, Ashley, Jack, Dakota, Claudia, Henley, Alice, Asteria, Freya, Jessie, Alex
Last edited by SunnyJustice on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:10 am, edited 37 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☀ The Last Defense ☀ about

Postby SunnyJustice » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:26 pm

ABOUT DARKHAVEN

The underground settlement of Darkhaven is home to humanity's last stand. All nations of the old world have finally joined together in peace, united by a common enemy. Their companionship and unity is the only reason they have survived.
Food is rationed out to everyone, proportionate to height and muscle mass. Children and elders are never denied food. Since the entire adult population was wiped out two weeks ago, there has been an abundance of food, since the elders and children still tend the plants and livestock in the Fields of Darkhaven.

THE BARRIER: Blocks the only entrance/exit in the underground, far to the east. The magical barrier was created by the witches and wizards of old. Humans lost magical abilities over generations underground, so Darkhaven was unable to repair or destroy the weakening barrier. Humans still cannot pass through, but the Hellborn are now able to. This is a significant issue.

SPEAR VILLAGE: Right next to the barrier. This is the camp for Darkhaven's warriors, named "Spear Village" because it is always inhabited by a significant number of Jin spearwomen. Home to the army until they were slaughtered two weeks ago. Now the teenagers have taken over. Commander Alder ordered everyone to clean up the bloody mess.
Fortunately, the barracks are underground in a tunnel system. They were not harmed. Females sleep together in one room, males in another. The private Commander's Room was given to Lawrence. Alder sleeps with the other male soldiers because, despite his intimidating demeanor, he's afraid of sleeping alone. He uses the excuse that he needs to "keep an eye on these punks".
At least two sentries always stand guard above the tunnels, watching over the barrier in case anything happens. The alarm is the sound of a trumpet.

FIELDS OF DARKHAVEN: Everywhere between Spear Village and Gardener Castle. There are other villages and towns in between. Most of this area is dark and wet, flowing with underground rivers. Because of the moderate temperatures and abundant water, crops are grown in these fields by great sun-lamps that run on geothermal energy (and probably some leftover magic from the old days). The lamps are attached to the roof of the cave far ahead, making them appear like real little suns. Livestock is also raised in the fields.

GARDENER CASTLE: Far to the west, farthest from the barrier. The giant cave chamber containing the old stone castle has the warmest climate underground, because of its closeness to the core. The castle also doubles as a hospital, an orphanage, and a shelter for vulnerable people.
The Royal Family ordered some surviving elders to chisel a stone statue in Commander Acacia's memory. The statue sits in front of the castle entrance, a sign that this is a safe haven for everyone.
Last edited by SunnyJustice on Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:19 am, edited 8 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☀ The Last Defense ☀ other

Postby SunnyJustice » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:26 pm

OTHER INFORMATION

THE HELLBORN: Said to have originated from foolish dealings between humans and demons. The Hellborn look like humans, but taller (about 7" feet on average). They have pointed horns, but no wings and no tail. They have claws on their hands and feet, which are capable of slicing a human's throat. Oftentimes Hellborn males fight shirtless and carry a human weapon (such as a sword). The Hellborn seem terrible at making clothing garments, as the females' shirts and both genders' pants are literally rags.
They can speak human language, but humanity has failed to reason peacefully with them. It's difficult to work out a peace treaty when the Hellborn are constantly trying to destroy the human race. The Hellborn attacked first, apparently out of fear, since humanity was burning them at the stake and hunting them. With their increasing numbers and greater strength, they began to win the battle. Humanity was forced to retreat deep underground and create the barrier to save themselves.

GIFTS OF ACACIA: Since Acacia's death, each teenager in Darkhaven has received an innate power, waiting to wake up. They are like a reincarnation of the Commander's undying willpower. Not much is understood about how the Commander managed her feats. As a child, she always talked about protecting everyone and saving the world. Maybe she was just uncannily intuitive, or maybe she knew something else. Humanity will have a hard time finding out the truth. Ashes don't exactly make good interviewees.

TRAINING SCHEDULE:
5:45 AM- Wake-up call. Haul your lazy butt up!
6:00 AM- Your attendance required at the Training Caves for morning training. If you're late, your breakfast rations are reduced.
8:00 AM- Morning training is finished. Go have breakfast in the Cafeteria Cavern.
8:45 AM- Breakfast is finished, you've got a bit of free time. Make good use of your time.
11:30 AM- Lunch is served in the Cafeteria Cavern. You can get your food anytime between now and the end of lunch, and you're allowed to sit anywhere, not just the cafeteria.
12:30 AM- Lunch ends. Clean everything up or there will be consequences.
1:00 PM- You better be cleaned up and ready to go. Your presence is required in the Training Caves for the main training session. You skip dinner if you're late.
6:00 PM- Main training session is finished. Go to dinner in the Cafeteria Cavern. If you're on chore duty tonight, do your chores after you finish eating.
7:30 PM- Your arrival is required in the Training Caves for evening training. This is an unstructured free session where you can train with anything you want. If you are late because you were slow with chores, you get the same chore tomorrow, until you become fast enough to not get late.
9:00 PM- Evening training is finished. You can head to bed, or do whatever you want until curfew.
11:00 PM- Curfew. You should not be in anybody else's barracks, and you should not be making noise to disturb others.
Last edited by SunnyJustice on Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:26 am, edited 5 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☀ The Last Defense ☀ announcements

Postby SunnyJustice » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:27 am

ANNOUNCEMENTS

12/03 [pg.1]: This roleplay is open and accepting!
12/16 [pg.2]: The roleplay has begun!
12/19 [pg.7]: Runt developed her power. Others can start developing theirs now.
12/20 [pg.10]: The roleplay is no longer accepting.
01/02 [pg.19]: A few new characters are allowed to be made by existing members.
01/03 [pg.20]: Archive of Acacia flashbacks has started.

PIECES OF THE HEROINE'S STORY

Spear of Justice wrote:
The heroine placed her hand over the gaping wound that cut across her body.
Ironically, a smile spread across her face, a genuine smile that lit her exhausted russet eyes.
All of humanity... I feel all your hopes and dreams resting on my shoulders.
... But it is not a burden.
It is an anchor.
It is what keeps the breath in my body, though my heart does not beat.
And I will stand my ground.

Spear of Justice wrote:
As the light left the final Hellborn's eyes, the heroine exhaled a breath she didn't know she was holding. A tranquil quiet had fallen over the fields. There was only silence where she once heard the echoing heartbeats of all humanity.
Silence. Not even her own heartbeat.
She was somehow not concerned by this. It was time to lay her fight to rest. This felt only natural, like heading to bed after a long, long day. Something to welcome and not to worry. An exhausted smile spread across her face- she had smiled more today than in her entire life.
Despite everything, humanity still stands.
That is all that matters.
My brother...
If I see you again, I want you to know.
I have no regrets.
You'll know where to find me.

She began walking, spear in hand. She knew exactly where she was going.
You know I always loved the sunflowers, Alder.

Spear of Justice wrote:
Knock, knock.
Rowan approached the doors, feeling a sense of dread gripping his heart. King Haden was close behind him. The knock that sounded could mean two things.
One; the Hellborn had vanquished humanity's heroine, and they had come to say "game over".
Two; Acacia had done the impossible.
In either case, the battle was over. Peace would come in the form of salvation or death. Rowan pushed open the doors, hardly daring to look.
"... It's over." It was the familiar calm voice, her voice. "It's over, and humankind will live on."
Relief washed over him. Emboldened, he finally looked, and immediately wished he hadn't. The Commander kneeling before the gate looked like a victim out of a horror movie. Crisscrossed with scars, uniform in tatters, a stray arrow sticking out of her neck. This was Rowan's first day on the job as a medic, and already he was dealing with the undead.
"Oh my god." Rowan could not handle this alone. "King Haden!"
He heard rushing footsteps behind him. Soon, the king emerged and stood by his side. Rowan clung to King Haden's arm to steady himself so he wouldn't collapse.
"I'm here." Haden's voice was calm but terribly worried, like a father trying to comfort his wounded child. "Oh, Acacia... what happened to you?"
"Do not worry about me." Acacia held something out. With a closer look, Rowan realized it was a person. He recognized the tangled blonde hair, the face beneath the wounds... It was his friend Ondine Malaya. Although Rowan was overjoyed she was alive, he felt terrible just seeing the state she was in. Barely clinging to life.
"Take the girl," The Commander insisted. "There is still time."
Rowan stepped forward, knowing he had to fulfill his responsibility. Acacia had done her part. As horrified as Rowan felt, he could not let his emotions interfere with his duty. He took Ondine into his arms and began to walk down the corridor at a brisk pace. As the only doctor left alive, the burden of her life or death rested alone on his shoulders.
Behind him, he heard the fading voices of King Haden and Commander Acacia.
"... You're a good woman, Commander. Thank you for all you've done.
"It was my duty."
"You did well. Now please, come with us."
"No. I cannot."
"No? But... You're hurt. We can help you."
"I am sorry. You cannot save someone who is already... already..."
"What is wrong?"
"Ah... take my pulse."
"..."
A pause. There must have been silence, judging from what Acacia was implying. To confirm Rowan's suspicions, when Haden spoke again, his voice sounded resigned and strained with grief.
"I understand. Could we at least make you comfortable somehow?"
"... Father..."
For a second, Rowan could swear he heard pain in her voice. He almost thought he imagined it. As she continued speaking, her voice returned to normal. There was no mistaking her calm and steady baritone for anybody else.
"I want to see the sunflowers... one last time."
"I will take you there."

Spear of Justice wrote:
Her smile reached her tired russet eyes as she looked past King Haden, towards the light he couldn't see.
"... I can feel sunlight on my face.
"... it's so warm...
"... I'll see you again... where the sun shines.
"..."

Ash fell gently onto the flowerbed. All was silent in the garden, and the veil of sunflowers hid the quiet tears of a king mourning his most valiant knight. No, a father mourning his daughter.
Last edited by SunnyJustice on Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 8 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me