selcouth forest | open and accepting

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

selcouth forest | open and accepting

Postby vixen; » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:22 am

welcome to the selcouth forest
in the land of all things abnormal many creatures call this place home. whether in the summer woods where all is light and green or the dead forest where nothing grows and the sun never shines. there are many places within these woods, not just a spooky section of the forest. there are rivers all around they lead to the tacenda lake.

the forest is a sanctuary of sorts. humans are extremely rare here and those that have the misfortune of entering the forest don't last very long. vampires, sirens, werewolves and a variety of other creatures call this forest home; a human has no place here.

there are alphas or leaders of certain creatures that travel in packs. but other creatures that prefer to travel alone have no alpha to follow. fairies line the forest causing mayhem or beauty wherever they are found. sirens stay close to the rivers or tacenda lake. harpies take to the skies. vampires stay in the shadows until the safety of night comes and werewolves roam the forest freely, their only limitation being their pack's territory.

there is rumored to be an unknown creature that lies within tacenda lake. no one knows who or what this creature is. few have caught glimpses of it and even fewer dare to try to find it. its real name is not known, the forest inhabitants call the creature tacy.

defintions
tacenda - things better left unsaid; matters to be passed over in silence
selcouth - unfamiliar, rare, strange, and yet marvelous

discussion thread
Last edited by vixen; on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
vixen;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

rules

Postby vixen; » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:31 am

rules;
all of tess and nick's rules apply
absolutely no occ bullying or rudeness
no cussing
keep everything child friendly
fade to black if needed
character age sixteen years old or older
no one liners
be active
if you see that someone says their character is open, don't ignore them please!
keep genders even
post character forms to the discussion thread
correct grammar is expected of all roleplayers
Last edited by vixen; on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
vixen;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

map of the forest

Postby vixen; » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:21 am

within the forest there are many areas of life...
    there is the cynosure section. in here it is always autumn. many of the rivers flow through this area.
    it is safer to go to the rivers in the cynosure rivers than to the tacenda lake.

the tacenda lake is the "life support" of the forest. it is used for fishing and gathering water.
    though it is to be used with caution, there lurks a monster of monsters within the lake.
    few have seen this creature and even fewer have tried to find the creature.
    there are many rivers that flow into the lake.

there is the eunioa section of the forest. named for its beauty and happy feel to it. many fairies call this place home.
    there are few rivers here, the breeze is always warm and pleasant. it's always sunny in eunioa.

the last section of the forest is the hiraeth section of the forest. there is no sun here and a cold breeze hardly blows.
    vampires and other creatures of the night lurk here.
    all those that want to stay hidden go here.
    those who do not want to be seen find their safety here.

definitions;
eunioa - beautiful thinking; a well mind
cynosure - something that strongly attracts attention by its brilliance
hiraeth - a deep wistful, nostalgic sense of longing for home; a home that is no longer or perhaps never was
vixen;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

roles

Postby vixen; » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:38 am

vampires;
fairies;

amarathine | centuries old | cis female | alpha | vixen;
name | age | gender | user

kaiden | thousand three (2,003) | cis male | co-alpha | majora.

max | twenty-seven (27) | male | hunter | chanel

name | age | gender | rank | user

werewolves;
creature in tacenda lake;

name | age | gender | rank | Horse

ronja | twenty-four (24)| cis male | rouge | vixen;
riley | twenty-three (23) | cis female | chanel
the roles of the vampires, werewovlves, sirens, harpies, and fairies are unlimited.

there can only be one creature in the lake though and three humans

if your form does not clearly state a gender, i will use whatever pronouns are in the form

sirens;
humans;

name | age | gender | vixen;

persephone | twenty-one (21) | female | crazyamy

harpies;
demons;

wolfgang | thirty-seven (37) | male | Horse

name | age | female | overwatch

fallen angels;
mutations;

luciel | couple millennia | male | sassy,
sycamore | twenty-six (26) | cis female | majora.

name | age | gender | jauke

Last edited by vixen; on Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.
vixen;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: selcouth forest | open and accepting

Postby vixen; » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:56 am

bump
vixen;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vixen; » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:02 am

bump
vixen;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby majora. » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:43 pm

bump
majora.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

amaranthine | ronja

Postby vixen; » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:13 pm

amaranthine
female | hetero | vampire | centuries old
tags; open

she walked at leisurely pace. her eyes flew through the woods, scanning for prey or danger. amaranthine boots left tracks behind her as the vampire alpha made her usual rounds around the territory that had been passed down to her from her parents. she stopped at a tree that had an "A" carved into its side and amaranthine smiled. she was the one that had put that there, carved it herself when her father was still alive. she let out a quick sigh before catching herself.

she refused to let that side show; the loss of her parents has devastated the entire pack of vampires. amaranthine was not alone in grieving for the loss of the previous alphas. but she was alone in grieving for the loss of her parents. she often visited this place when she went to check the territory borders. amaranthine left the tree and continued to walk along the borders. she came upon one of the only rivers in the hiraeth section of the forest. amaranthine paused as the water pushed by, no doubt making its way towards the tacenda lake. she frowned as she watched a fish swim by; it was uncommon to find life in this river. she shook her head and turned away from the river, continuing along the invisible border.
vixen;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby La Esmeralda » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:36 am

Salazar sighed heavily as he saw Amaranthine walking around. He understood why . Her parents were the one of the best leaders that he had seen in all his years. Nightshade, his wolf was at his side. She looked up at him with her head cocked. He gently petted her head and stated softly, " You may hunt if you wish, girl." She nods and ran into the woods. Salazar decided to head to tacenda lake to admire the view. He climbed a tree and just relaxed.
---------
Persephone propped herself up on the rock. She knew that her fellow siren keras was out about somewere close by. Persephone didn't fret on her whereabouts. She sighed and went back to swimming contently.
La Esmeralda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby majora. » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:46 am

K A I D E N
      species vampire | rank co-alpha | crush amarthine | location river border | tagged amarthine
      ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
      kaiden's curly hair flew past his eyes as he dashed through the forest, his coat plastered to his pale skin. he had picked up on amarthine's scent, and decided since she wasn't doing anything in particular, he'd chase after her. he does so every once in a while, and so enjoys it. amarthine was the absolute most gorgeous thing he ever laid his eyes on, and while he wasn't particularly a romantic, he would do anything for her.

finally locking his eyes on her silky hair, kaiden leaped up and swung off a branch, flying over her and landing quickly in front of her. he leaned against a tree, one leg crossed over the other and his arms shuffled together. "amarthine, how sad. i expected to see your beautiful fangs sinking into something delicate. instead you're gloomily looming around this bedamned lake." he walked close to her, letting soft finger crawl up her cheek and push back a stray hair. "why stay so lonely?" his dark eyes pierced into hers, the silvery-red color boring down under her skin.

[ ooc; i'll add in sycamore when i feel she can contact something. for now i can't imagine her doing anything. ]
majora.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me