( ✵ ) ( city of the lights ) - creatures, human roles open!

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

( ✵ ) - Do you like the creature characters I've provided, or would you rather join with your own?

Yes, I do like the characters you've provided.
36%
Yes, I do like the characters, but I would still like to join with my own creature characters that aren't listed on the character post.
52%
I would rather join with my own creature characters than choose from creature characters on the list or be provided a list at all.
12%

Total votes : 25

Re: ( ✵ ) ( city of the lights ) - one role open!

Postby nyctomancy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:36 am

aldred talley / male / shaman / in his tea & herbal remedies shop / tags: open

signaled to the arrival of a prospective customer by the bell poised upon the front door, aldred's eyes darted towards the vaguely familiar humanoid who had wandered him. i've seen him somewhere before, he mused to himself. lacking the time to ponder on the thought, as the peruser was making his way towards the front desk, aldred put on what he liked to call his ' shopkeeper's smile ', opened his mouth to speak and-

-was cut off. well, not 'cut off' exactly. technically, aldred hadn't even started speaking by that moment, so he couldn't stake the claim that he had. shaking off the introductory words that had yet to pour out, the man switched gears: addressing what this fellow was here for. "your source would be correct," aldred answered in a tone one could liken to bashfulness - it wasn't off that a customer was brought to him by word of mouth, even more so for his divination abilities. regardless, the ginger couldn't help by grin; he didn't get to divvy futures often on his own will. pushing away from the desk, aldred pushed away from his desk and stood up. beckoning for the humanoid to follow, aldred walked over to the cloth-draped doorway that separated his shop from the stairs that led to his upstairs apartment. "i hope you don't mind, but i tend to perform divination rituals in my apartment, where i have access to any of the supplies i might need. i'm aldred, by the way. aldred talley.

sweeping aside the decorated fabric, aldred revealed a short hallway with a door on either side of it. the ginger unlocked the leftmost one, which opened up to a short set of stairs that led to the second floor. he smiled at the other man, not quite making eye contact. "we can talk about payment afterwards, if that's alright with you?"

[ sorry if this post seems bland. i don't have any muse at the moment, riiiip ]
nyctomancy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ✵ ) ( wolfgang & rowan )

Postby Horse » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:12 pm

( ) : v a u g h n

with: aldred
      where: tea & herbal
      remedies shop
      feeling: content,
      curious
      form: humanoid
      xxxxx"Oh, that's great, then," Vaughn responded in a firm voice but with a bright expression on his face, his eyebrows raising in curiosity as he followed the man, Aldred, through a doorway with drapes and towards a set of stairs through a doorway. Although he was excited for the fortune reading, he didn't express his emotions very well and may not have appeared so excited in the eyes of the man, but something about his amber eyes gave off a clear sense of excitement and curiosity.

xxxxx"Ah, I don't mind," Vaughn said in response to Aldred's comment on doing the fortune reading in his apartment, although he raised his brows a little more as he never would have expected to have a fortune reading done in someone's apartment. It did not, however, hinder Vaughn's decision on getting his reading done as he already had his mind set on it. Dismissing the fact of Aldred's apartment as he provided an explanation and introduced himself, the werewolf's yellowish amber eyes gazed over Aldred as he too introduced himself, bowing his head down in respect as he spoke in his stiff voice, "It's nice to meet you. I'm Vaughn." Vaughn had always been sincere when meeting others, generally offering them a sign of respect by either a short bow of the head or a handshake; however, the man had noticed Aldred avoid eye contact with him, thus making him bow his head- he wasn't sure if he was the one that caused Aldred to avoid eye contact, so he didn't want to stress Aldred out more if he was stressed. But Vaughn didn't blame the man- he assumed that the man might be an introvert, and he himself was an introvert and sometimes avoided any kind of contact with others.

xxxxx"That's fine," Vaughn finally responded, his eyes on the door, eager to follow the man upstairs to get his reading done, "The price doesn't concern me as long as the reading is efficient, which I believe will be."
      _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

( ) : r o w a n

with: robyn
      where: coffee shop
      feeling: timid
      xxxxxRowan smiled as her eyes glanced from Robyn to Fox when she mentioned him, speaking- and stuttering, as usual- after Robyn was finished, "Oh- it's nice to meet you too! I-I'm Rowan." Rowan, after picking up the tiny fox into her arms and onto her lap, looked back to Robyn as she pet the fox's head. "Yeah, this is Fox- his name's Fox," the petite woman exclaimed in a suddenly cheerful voice, forgetting about the stain on her shirt at the mention of her favorite thing alive: her pet fox, "I... I get a lot of questions about him a lot. Y'know, 'why do you have a wild animal' type of questions- but I rescued him! He wasn't born in the wild- he was born in captivity from breeders- but got injured and couldn't be taken care of. That's when I took him in and healed him up- isn't that right, you cutie?" Rowan grinned as she cooed to her fox, touching the scar on his leg from the surgery done to fix an injury he had. She then looked back to Robyn and moved her chair a little towards her, wondering if she wanted to pet the fox, "He's friendly if you want to pet him- he loves his ears scratched."
Horse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

‘ IV // timone

Postby nah » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:01 am

‘゚ ━ TIMONE
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━
    ( location: coffee shop // feeling: a n g r y // tags: open // ooc: short again )
    ━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    timone's face turned bright red out of both embarassment and frustration as
    he left. she forced herself to angrily shrug it off, passing coffee cups to coming
    people.
    "yeah right, im the eager one." she mumbled aggressively, he was
    slightly right, though her plan was to get rid of him, she did the stereotypical
    'friends call me' that dorks did before trying to pull themselves into some dumb
    relationship. timone, think, don't be that dork, stop. hopefully she'll learn.
nah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ( ✵ ) ( city of the lights ) - creature and human role-p

Postby ~Ash Wolf~ » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:38 am

Tate
Male
Trickster(Human form)
Tags: Jade

Putting a finger up to his chin the male thinks for a second before replying "Well you never know if those rumors are true, care to find out?"He says with a chuckle looking at the female. "I'll go with the more masculine one." he reply's to her recommendation. Pulling out his wallet he grabs some cash and puts it on the counter taking the cologne. "Usually I just steal...but for you it's an exception." He says with a smirk.
Image Image
~Ash Wolf~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _MaddieRose_ » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:53 am

Jade Blackwood | Female | 22 | Witch | Location: Her small Potion and Herbal Shop | Tag: Tate (Trickster)

Jade shrugs, "A witch wouldn't exactly be the best type of person to play. After all, revenge spells are kinda my thing." She gives him a slightly maniacal grin. "Alrighty then, that'll be #b4b4f40 dollars." Jade hands over the bottle, taking his cash. "Guess I'll see you later. Until then." Jade says raising her hand slightly up, waving goodbye. He sure is something else, she thinks to her self sighing.
Last edited by _MaddieRose_ on Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
_MaddieRose_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ʀᴏᴄᴋᴇʀ ɢɪʀʟ » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:06 pm

robyn kirkson
      female | twenty-one | human | location; coffee shop | feeling; "aww" | tags; rowan

"Is he now?" Robyn's interest in the fox was growing, slowly, but surely. She'd heard of pet foxes before, but she'd never seen one as tame as this one. And apparently, he liked being scratched near his ears...?
      With nothing to lose, she reached for the fox's ears, and started to scratch, the fur feeling quite soft and at the same time, bristly. The petting reminded Robyn of as a young girl, she'd beg her parents for a pet, despite them constantly saying no. But when Robyn turned ten, they'd finally given in and gotten her a wriggly little collie puppy named Lara. She was her constant companion and her best friend, but unfortunately, Lara had been hit by a car when she was nine years old and going blind. Though her death was two years ago, it still stung every now and then.
ʀᴏᴄᴋᴇʀ ɢɪʀʟ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ✵ ) ( wolfgang )

Postby Horse » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:35 pm

( ) : r e : y o u r _ c h a r a c t e r !

The time-skip to the dance in the role-play has begun! Your characters can pick up entering the ballroom or just arriving! If conversations haven't finished, you can either "carry them on" into the dance or discus the outcome of the conversations on the discussion thread (ex. at the end of the conversation with [character here], my character was happy/sad or said "x" in response). If your characters do not attend the party, conversations may carry on- it will just be later in the day.
      _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

( ) : w o l f g a n g

with: open!
      approach him?
      where: ballroom
      feeling: confident
      coughegoistic
      xxxxxIt was a little past eight-o'clock when Wolfgang had arrived at the parking lot of the ballroom, driving his motorcycle to a parking spot because the valet parking workers didn't exactly know how to park his motorcycle. After getting off of his motorcycle, Wolf had walked to the entrance of the building of the ballroom and into a grand lobby with large chandeliers hanging overhead from the ceiling. The furniture in the lobby looked quite elegant as it sat on shiny marble floors that reflected the lights from the ceiling. After he had checked in for the party at the lobby, Wolf was pointed to a set of large wooden doors where he was now at, just about to enter the ballroom itself.

xxxxxWhen Wolfgang swung open the two tall doors to the ballroom, a sea of people dancing under high ceilings and majestic large chandeliers were revealed. Even more people surrounded the large dance floor where they ate food at round tables, enjoying the atmosphere of the almost fantasy-like dance party. Despite the sophisticated outfits everyone wore and the seemingly timeless atmosphere of the beautiful ballroom, the music being played was modern pop music and dance that the DJ had mixed up and had everyone dance to.

xxxxxWolfgang found himself staring at the lively sight of the party for a few moments in shock of how big it actually was, but he soon made his way under the dimmed lighting of the ballroom and around the dance floor to his assigned seat, planning to eat before he would dance- if no one caught his eyes, of course. The demon's eyes glowed a vibrant white color as his slitted pupils darted around from one person to the next, catching the eye contact of a few men and women as he passed them. The demon did look, as one would say, as handsome as the devil, because he did spend much time gazing into the mirror earlier to groom himself to look "as handsome as possible-" although, after filling in his eyebrows as much as he did, he did look quite intimidating but nevertheless deadly. In addition to wearing just a few subtle hints of makeup, the male wore his slight-greying hair slicked back and adorned his long pointed ears with one or two silver earrings. The slick white tuxedo he wore matched his white pants but contrasted the black button-down shirt he wore underneath it, and his black leather loafers had a texture of snake skin that seemed to compare with his fierce but intriguing personality.

xxxxxSoon enough, the demon spotted the table he was to sit at, noticing that no other people were sitting at it yet. With his eyes narrowed as he contemplated whether to sit at the table and wait for people or to go mingle, Wolf raised his hand and scratched his long red horns with his fingers as he fixed his vision on the gigantic ocean of people dancing just feet away from his table. However, upon looking back at the table, when demon spotted a basket of bread sitting at its center, he instantly headed towards it and grabbed a piece or two to satisfy his seemingly never-ending hunger. After taking a bite or two of the bread with his pointed teeth, Wolfgang couldn't help but to smile before he took a few steps into the crowd with the bread in his hands and greeted a lady who was dancing alone, his eyes on her as he began to throw compliments in her direction.

Rowan is also open! I'll type up a response for her soon once I get the time! (I've been saving this post in my drafts haha)! She'll be in a seat towards the corner of the ballroom as she can be quite shy with crowds of people unless someone stays with her <3 . Feel free to have your character approach her- I'll get up a response for them soon if you do!
Horse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

‘ V // timone

Postby nah » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:27 am

‘゚ ━ TIMONE
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━
    ( location: ballroom // feeling: insecure // tags: wolfgang // ooc: woOPS ?? )
    ━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

timone was definitely unfit for the occasion. normally, she would never come,
    but you need to answer with at least more than three people when your mom
    calls and asks, "got any friends?" so it's a good excuse to come. timone can't
    really dance, so she took herself to a near empty table with one person, oh
    yeah, it's you again, hey there, i guess. she glanced at him and just sort of,
    threw her head the other way again, avoid conversation best you can and
    for as long as possible at that, as you're wearing the worst thing ever: a
    short, white dress and a coat at a ballroom dance party... thing. maybe you
    can just wait out the party and well, once again, avoid frusterating conver-
    sation with somebody who you have a hard time talking to, like, okay, you
    want to like them, but they annoy you ever so slightly. timone forced her
    head into her hand, annoyed, but hopefully she'll make it through the night
    peacefully.
nah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angelonia » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:12 pm

Louie Odell
────────────────────────────────────────────────
vampire | looks 24 | pan | single| @: ballroom | tags: open

Louie almost shook with excitement for the party. He loved the feeling of being in a large group of people and simply not meaning anything to any one of those people. He thumbed through his closet for the better part of the afternoon (after a small snack, of course) as he tried to pair together an outfit. He had purchased a few suits and tuxedos because he wore them too often to be bothered with renting, plus, nothing fit like a tailored tux.

He arrived shortly after he finished getting ready. The sun had set so he felt safe by flying in his bat form, otherwise he would have taken an Uber. He adjusted his lappel and black bow tie when he returned to his humanoid form a safe distance away from any prying eyes but at the expense of his tuxedo. He ran a hand through his hair which he slaved over for a solid half-hour to get the perfect quaff which was much nicer than than his normal, messy hairstyle. The man wore all black except for his white tux shirt and silver cuff links with his initials much like a sorority girl with her monogrammed everything. You can't spell 'loser' without LO. Stay humble. he thought as he entered the ballroom. Of course he had a pocket square which was white with a silver trim. Only a small rectangle was visible as Louie preferred clean lines.

The ballroom was beautiful, just as beautiful as some of the people he shared passing glances with. Most guests seemed to be dressed in their best. Although some music played over the speakers he ran the same song over and over in his head. He figured any song that got stuck in his head was the song his heart wanted to sing or the song that his mind wanted to torture him with. Louie didn't mind either way. He didn't take a seat since he had many small conversations with people he was sure he wouldn't see again, however, from across the room, he recognized a few faces.
angelonia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ✵ ) ( wolfgang & rowan )

Postby Horse » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:31 am

( ) : w o l f g a n g

with: timone
      feeling: confident
      coughegoistic
      xxxxxWolfgang had been successfully flirting with the bubbly woman he found towards the edge of the crowd when he spotted Timone out of the corner of his eyes, his attention suddenly diverging from the woman to Timone who was standing by his table. Wolf couldn't help but turn his head in her direction and offer her a wide grin with his pointed teeth, surprised to see her at the party and to see her wearing that... Dress. That was Timone, wasn't it? At least he thought that was what Timone was like from the last time he'd seen her- she'd seem to him a bit impatient and spunky but also unique and somewhat careless- or maybe a subtly rebellious- in her own way.

xxxxxIt took only Wolfgang a few seconds to push himself away from the woman and to begin walking towards Timone, leaving the woman behind as she looked at him in a confused manner but then soon found some of her girlfriends to talk to. Wolf, approaching Timone, walked in front of her before putting a hand on the back of a chair and leaning on it as he crossed his legs, staring at her with his eyelids hung a little low and his toothy white smile still curving wrinkles into his cheeks. "Well, well, look who it is- Mona. I have to say... I didn't expect to see you here, but you do look gorgeous although the dress might be... Suited for a different occasion, would you say? But hey, girl, I'm not here to critique you; I've never understood dresses ever since the Renaissance- I remember that age like yesterday... But your hair looks nice," the demon's horns started to glow a little red as he spoke in his mellow but somewhat raspy voice, remembering the seeing the girl's amusingly disheveled hair earlier.

xxxxxWolfgang paused as he looked down at the girl, tilting his head as if he was forgetting something. Despite his sometimes forward and egoistic ways, he never forgot to at least try to appear gentlemanly; standing up straight now as he brushed his fingers through his hair, the demon bowed his head ever so slightly to show respect to Timone, as they were at a dance. "I guess I've forgotten to introduce myself- the name's Aaron. I would say it's nice to meet you, but we've already met before," Wolfgang gave the girl the name he liked to be called rather than his true name, holding out his hand to offer her a handshake as he spoke, "Maybe if we speed this introduction process up a little bit, would you like to dance with me?"

( ) : r o w a n

with: louie?
      feeling: timid
      xxxxxRowan had been sitting at a table towards one of the corners of the ballroom, swirling around a thin straw in some cranberry juice she had ordered quite sometime before. She was sitting in solitude, as usual, but didn't mind listening to the music being played from the speakers scattered around the ballroom. In fact, she liked sitting there, although something inside of her- that she tried to silence because she was a bit shy- urged her to join in with the dancing, lively crowd of people on the dance floor. Rowan had to make something out of the night, and she personally didn't think it was worth it to sit isolated in a corner while people were mingling and having fun right in front of her face.

xxxxxLetting out a sigh, Rowan stood up as she held the bottom of her dress down with her hands, feeling a bit self-conscious about wearing the dress although it wasn't that high- it reached just above her knees, but she wasn't used to wearing dresses or skirts or anything of the sort. Rowan was a "jeans" type of girl- she'd wear any style and type of jeans, although she preferred wearing baggier, tom-boyish ones. The girl just wasn't used to or interested in the whole "feminine" dressy look, although many dresses did fit her quite well, including the one she wore at the time being. The silky red dress she wore was strapless and fitted at the top, but it had a flowy bottom that complimented her petite frame; it was a plain dress, but it succeeded to bring out her beauty and bring attention to her features and not the just dress itself.

xxxxxRowan had made her way awkwardly across the ballroom, glancing in each direction for a chance to join into a conversation with someone or to jump into the crowd, but each time she failed to do so, although not with any sadness or frustration. She was just a little shy, and, being Rowan, she had quite a hard time jumping smoothly into conversations like others did. However, when she recognized a face not to far away she had seen somewhere before- it was Louie's, to be exact, Rowan turned in his direction and awkwardly raised her hand up to her shoulder to offer a small wave as she smiled a bit, before suddenly putting down her hand and making her way slowly towards him. Although she was shy, she felt even more shy being on her own on the side of a gigantic crowd of people that she just didn't seem to mix with; she didn't want to appear alone- she felt like everyone would judge her, although in reality they payed no mind to her.

xxxxxWhen she finally approached Louie, Rowan fiddled with her hands as she looked up at him and offered him a timid smile before speaking, wondering if she was making a fool out of herself to approach someone she had never actually spoken to before but just recognized, "...Uh, hi! Um... I feel like I've seen you somewhere before- I mean, not in a weird way or anything, ha! I just feel like I recognize you from somewhere..." Although her voice seemed bright and cheery, it did waver a little and showed that she was a bit shy about approaching him.
Horse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me