☀ The Sanctuary ☀ teens with powers ☀ Closed!

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Once the drama cools down a bit, want a timeskip?

Yes, skip to when the FIRST army is arriving at the Sanctuary. But have the other armies arrive pretty quickly after the first.
50%
Yes, skip to when the LAST army finally arrives at the Sanctuary.
30%
NO!!!
20%

Total votes : 10

Re: The Sanctuary (teens with powers, accepting)

Postby Azaline » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:43 pm

Silas glanced at his friend, sighing softly. "You'd have better luck thank me. She's think I'm a wimp."
Maybe she would, maybe she wouldn't. If he was her he's pay no attention to himself either.

Jaai watched Cyprian lean against the wall then shook her head and walked off. She strutted confidently along the road, thinking to herself. She briefly wondered how long it would be until they made it the Sanctuary. How did Cilan feel a connection between him and his father? That never happened with Jaai and her family. She turned into a nice looking neighborhood and noticed a small kid had fallen asleep in his yard. Maybe he was allowed to sleep outside, or his parents didn't care. These people were strange, but Jaai brushed it off. It seemed nice to live in such a nice village. She continued along, wondering if the people here had a map of the village.
An older woman sat on her porch, seeming to glow. "Little Ice Summoner? I haven't seen one of you in a while."
Jaai nearly looked behind her. Of course she was talking to Jaai, "Ice Summoners" weren't quite common.
"Hello," she responded, standing just outside the front yard's fence.
"Come, come," the woman waved, placing down the book she was reading. Jaai looked down the fence, found the gate, and swing it open. She approached the elder carefully, standing at the bottom step up to the platform. She felt uneasy approaching any farther.
"What do they call you, Ice Summoner?"
Jaai scowled. She considered not telling the strange woman her name, but she felt compelled to answer truthfully.
"Jaai Pellion, and who are you?" Jaai leaned her shoulder against a wooden pillar.
"That is not important. Give me your hand," she answered cryptically. Why wouldn't people just give her straight answers? Nevertheless she reached for the peculiar woman's hand, grasping it tightly. Jaai's vision was consumed by white, and those watching would see nothing in her place and the old woman's seat vacant.

Jaai tried to grasp onto something, but all she found was air as she fell. She shouted in horror as she saw the ground racing up to her. To her shock, she landed softly onto a bright field peppers with flowers. A light haired woman in a long black dress looked over her shoulder and spotted Jaai.
"Ice Summoner. May we speak honestly and openly? I mean no harm," the lady said, properly turning and offering a hand to stand. Jaai hesitantly took it.
"You're the old lady? Where are we?" Jaai asked in wonder. The now young looking lady smiled.
"A safe place for us to converse," she answered, patting Jaai's head. "I must tell you something."
Jaai studied the field, analyzing every detail. The most interesting fact was that the horizon faded into a blank white canvas, one that seemed to stretch onto eternity.
"What?" Jaai questioned, turning her focus into the woman in question. She took Jaai's hands and locked eyes.
"Do you understand who you will have to kill in order to defeat Alastair? It will not be easy."
Jaai understood immediately."She has no emotional connection to me, I'll be fine."
The woman looked unimpressed. "Alright, Ice Summoner. Be safe, and take with you this piece of knowledge:you do not know who is really on your side."
Jaai pulled her hands away from the woman. "Who are you?"
The woman smiled softly, patting Jaai's cheek. "I am here to warn you about the future. You have quite an important one as do the people you associate with. Be cautious, Jaai."
Her vision was consumed by white again. She whipped around to look at her surroundings. She was back on the road, and the woman wasn't sitting in her chair. The fence was closed, and only crickets chirped. She sighed, continuing along the road.
🤭 hey 😳 baby 🤭
Azaline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:37 pm

Cilan was silent for a moment, gathering his thoughts. He was more like his mother than his father, so sometimes he had to restrain his emotions for the good of the group. Now that his phoenix traits were starting to show, he needed to be even more cautious. Especially about anger... the fiery anger of a phoenix was something nobody deserved to experience. But he wasn't angry right now. He was just sad.
"To be honest, I miss the old days." Cilan said, looking out at the night sky. "It seems like years since we left the Capital City. We used to have so much fun, but we grew up all of a sudden. I thought this journey would bring us together. For some, it has. But for me, I feel lonely."
He longed to bust out that door, run after Mallory, and help defeat that bear. But she didn't want anyone to follow her. Cilan didn't think he would be an exception. They hadn't spent time together since his first revival. The few times they interacted had been brief. It pained him deeply, but didn't he only have himself to blame?
"I'm sorry to burden you with my problems," he told Lily, finally looking at her. "But do you ever miss someone so deeply, even when they're so close to you?"

"Well you're a charming wimp," Timpani chuckled as she patted Silas' back. The poor guy really lacked confidence in pursuing this pretty girl. "C'mon. Let's make friends with her, then see what you think."

Once Jaai had turned her back, Cyprian followed her down the road. It was a weird road. The entire area was covered in the softest grass, softer than a carpet. The 'road' consisted of slightly shorter, lighter colored grass. As Cyprian walked, he noticed one of the many sunflowers was... dancing? He stared at it and approached a step closer. The flower turned and seemed to 'look' at him before startling. It crossed its two largest leaves, looking stern. Cyprian looked away. That was weird.
He continued to follow Jaai. Cyprian had great night vision, and he could make out a boy asleep in the grass. On another roof, a teenager was laying back and watching the stars. Cyprian noticed that Jaai started talking to some old woman, and he hid behind one of the larger plants. It was a bush of some sorts, growing just off the side of the road. Small round berries were speckled among tropical-looking flowers, a gradient of orange and pink. Cyprian's stomach panged with hunger, but he ignored it. He focused on the conversation between Jaai and that weird elder.
Jaai went to take the woman's hand. Cyprian blinked, and the next instant they were both gone. "What the disgrace?" he hissed quietly, standing up. It felt like darkness had just fallen over him, all of a sudden.
The teenager stargazing on the roof turned to him. "What's wrong?"
"How the disgrace did you hear that?" Cyprian swore again, and ignored the teenager. He broke into a run, passing the sunflower, which was completely motionless now. He ran until he reached the Tenuto house, where he pulled open the door and barged in.
"Ah, Cyprian," Tacet said joyfully. "Spooked by a dancing sunflower maybe?"
"You think I'm scared of flowers?" Cyprian snapped. "Somebody just kidnapped Jaai. Teleported her away or something. You better get her back now, or I'm gonna rip off your head."
Tacet looked into Cyprian's eyes. Now that was creepy. His unnatural green gaze made Cyprian begin to feel sleepy, and he had to back down from his threat. He unclenched his fists, not even realizing they were clenched in the first place.
"Who did this?" Tacet inquired calmly, placing a hand on Cyprian's arm. He almost flinched away from the healer, except this wasn't Rowan's warmth. This was a soothing coolness that made him feel sharper, more alert, better in every way.
"Some old woman. She had a fence around her house. I didn't see any other fences in this village," Cyprian said truthfully.
Tacet resumed his normal smile. "Oh? Don't worry about it, then! Your friend is in good hands."
Cyprian breathed a sigh of relief, but there was something troubling him. When Jaai had disappeared, Cyprian had sensed some darkness falling over him. But that weight hadn't lifted off his shoulders. Something wasn't right tonight. This pretty little town's blessing didn't make him feel safe anymore. It was almost like that blessing had disappeared, as far as he cared.
Wait.
Cyprian was stupid, but he wasn't that stupid. "Do the sunflowers ever stop dancing?"
"Never," Tacet chuckled. "Although they bring out their best moves when they're alone. But they never stand completely still. Our sunflowers are a mark of the Queen's-"
"Disgrace," Cyprian snarled. "Disgrace it, disgrace it."
Tacet held up his hands. "Young man..."
"Go look outside, you moron! Go look at your stupid flowers. And I want to know where Jaai is!"
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darcy_jensen » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:58 pm

(I am not ready for this drama woowowwo)

Lily sighed deeply, understanding what Cilan was explaining. She missed when she could run about barefoot in the street, stealing and causing havoc, then teleporting whenever she was about to suffer the consequences. Now that she was here, she was actually worth something, which was a responsibility Lily wasn't used to. She paused to think about his question, and decided she didn't mind telling him some of her past. "I do. My parents actually died in this village, so this is the closest I've been to them. It hurts I guess," she explained softly, no longer meeting his gaze. "Is this about Mal?" she asked, a more teasing tone in her voice.
darcy_jensen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby littlewolf5000 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:01 pm

Casedy Tenuto

{Tags-The whole group
Location-the Village
Doing-watching what happens
Mood-irratated
Crush-none
Gender-female
age-17}

After awhile of sitting in her room all by herself she sighed. her eyes wondered out the window where a few people would pass by every now and then walking back home. This had always been a peacful city with no drama. So case was often bored and causing trouble somewhere to get her energy out. for some reason picking flowers and dreaming about rainbows didn't fancy the teen. With a exagerated sigh she pulled herself off the bed and tossed her earbuds onto the matress. With restlessnesss taking over her she jumped down the stairs and into the kitchen where she grabbed a cup and filled it with juice. Her hip leaned against the counter's corner as she listened to her father and some guy speak of the dancing flowers. the conversation didn't spark her interest until the boy mentioned his friend dissapearing causing her to chuckle "boy doesn't he have alot to learn about the neighbors" she said to herself. She was always amused when outsiders came here. Their reactions to there little world was always hilarious. However her entertained mood vanished the moment she herd this Cyprian guy threaten her father causing her to instantly walk out of the kitchen knocking over her glass in the process and into the living room standing maybe two feet from Cyprian "I hightly suggest you calm down before i kill you myself. He said you're girlfriends fine so she is" she growled her eyes narrowed and locked onto his
littlewolf5000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azaline » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:14 pm

Silas was thankful for his tall friend. She was far braver than he, and he offered her a smile. "Are you going to go with me?" He couldn't do it on his own.

Jaai walked down the road, almost turning onto another block when a group of running kids ran straight into her path. A short, bright green eyed kid collided into Jaai, looking up at her worriedly. He mumbled an apology and kept running with the rest of the kids in the direction Jaai came from. They stopped at the old woman's house, opening the gate and running to the door. The tallest kid knocked, and the woman answered with an understanding nod and frown as she invited the children in. Jaai watched carefully, then decided that returning to the group was the best idea. None of her questions would be answered tonight. She started walking then her pace escaladed into a quick note until she arrived at the small home. She stopped at the flung open door. Cyprian stood inside, looking on the verge of tears he was so overworked. The whole atmosphere felt tense. She kept her mouth shut, wanting to see where this would go.
🤭 hey 😳 baby 🤭
Azaline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:29 pm

[Cilan's drama, Alastair's drama, Cyprian's drama, or all of the above? XD]

Now this was a surprise. Cilan just stared at Lily for a few seconds, before looking back out the window. "Sorry to hear that," he said. "I can understand how that would hurt."
He had lost his mother, but his father was still out there. Lily though, she didn't have either parent. She was an orphan. Cilan had lived in the orphanage, and he had seen firsthand the hopelessness in some children's eyes. Nobody deserved to be left alone. Nobody deserved to go through that pain.
I probably sound like Rowan right now, but it's true.
"Is this about Mal?"

"Aw come on," Cilan groaned with a small smile. "I'm an Adamson. You know I can't lie."

"I am calm, so don't push it," Cyprian snarled at the girl.
That boy had just calmed down. Tacet could sense him getting angry again, even shaking with rage, and this time he wouldn't be able to control his temper. A fight was going to break out, and the unsuspecting boy was probably in for a beating unless someone interfered. Tacet placed a hand on Cyprian's arm, letting the soothing coolness of his power flow through the boy. This was the healer's most dangerous weapon. Calming someone so they would step down from a fight.
"I am calm," Cyprian repeated, this time meaning it.
Tacet breathed a sigh of relief, and walked forward to stand between his daughter and the boy. "Now that this situation is resolved, who wants to eat caramel pie?" he offered. "I made too much last night, so we have five pies left over."
Gavotte approached to stand beside his sister. "Mom went out the back door. I don't know what she's doing, but she took her weapons with her."
"Training," Tacet chuckled. "You can join her if you want. Don't be shy."
"I'd rather stay inside and meet my new friends," Gavotte said with a big smile. "Hi Jaai! You're back!"
Cyprian turned his head around. Immediately, it was like a hundred-pound weight was lifted off his shoulders. He walked forward and without hesitation, threw his arms around the tiny girl. "Disgrace it, you scared me," he muttered. "I followed you and you disappeared. What was that all about?"

"Of course, soprano boy," Timpani teased as she ruffled his hair. She called everyone a soprano, because her powerful tenor voice was something she was highly proud of. "Time for the ladykillers to strike."
She started to walk towards the Tenuto mansion, not even bringing along her trumpet. After all, stealing didn't exist in Windwoods culture. There was just 'borrowing', and 'borrowing without permission for an indefinite time'. If somebody took her trumpet, she would just ask for it back, and of course they would say yes.
As she walked, she noticed something was off. The air smelled... normal. Like the air outside the village, just normal. Not the unnaturally fresh fragrance that lingered around Windwoods. When she passed her favorite sunflower (she had nicknamed him Florence), he was just standing still, like a normal sunflower would.
All of this wouldn't make a normal person flinch. The air was normal, the flowers were normal. But in Windwoods, normal was not normal. Why wouldn't this flower dance?
Timpani frowned and kept walking. Maybe the Tenuto family would have answers.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azaline » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:38 pm

Jaai's heart surged in her chest, and a cold blush spread across her cheeks. He was worried?
"Nowhere important. I just spoke with the local crazy woman and understood everything she said, heh. I may be a little insane," she quipped, smiling ridiculously. She pushed him away for a minute too look in his eyes. "What's wrong?"

Silas shivered as he walked beside Timpani, wringing his hands. Her usual confident step lacked a bit when she was observing the wonderful dancing flowers. He looked over at them, frowning when they didn't move. "Why aren't they dancing?" He asked, looking up at his friend in confusion.
🤭 hey 😳 baby 🤭
Azaline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:42 pm

Insane or not, Cyprian didn't even care. Jaai was still Jaai. He didn't let go until she actually pushed him away, and then he just dropped his arms completely. "Something's wrong with this place," he muttered darkly, clenching and unclenching his fists. He thought Jaai being back would fix everything... but he still had this crushing feeling of darkness hanging over him.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darcy_jensen » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:44 pm

Lily gave a small, grateful smile at his sympathetic words, and then let out a laugh at his comment. "So what's up then? Is she giving you the silent treatment or something?" she asked, cautious to not push the topic. Hearing the commotion by the front door, she asked if they should go see what was happening.
darcy_jensen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azaline » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:45 pm

Jaai scowled. Cyprian's unease setting her off.
"Why?" She asked anyone who would answer. She studied Tacet from the doorway, asking him with her eyes. Surely he knew what was wrong.
🤭 hey 😳 baby 🤭
Azaline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me