☀ The Sanctuary ☀ teens with powers ☀ Closed!

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Once the drama cools down a bit, want a timeskip?

Yes, skip to when the FIRST army is arriving at the Sanctuary. But have the other armies arrive pretty quickly after the first.
50%
Yes, skip to when the LAST army finally arrives at the Sanctuary.
30%
NO!!!
20%

Total votes : 10

Re: The Sanctuary (teens with powers, accepting)

Postby darcy_jensen » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:58 pm

lily caught the woman's glance at her as she lulled Rowan into a sleepy trance, and smiled at her. This smile quickly dropped at the mention of a murderer who'd been in the village, and Lily shivered. Turning her gaze to Tacet, she grinned as Cilan introduced Rowan, and held out her hand, "I'm Lily," She watched as a boy sneaked up and asked who their group was, and was curious as to how they would be introduced. She wasn't exactly sure who they were, and if they could even trust these people. With this, she withdrew from the potential handshake and kept her arm at her side.
darcy_jensen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zambo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:03 pm

-- Image OPTIONAL --
Name: (Full name)
Age: (16 or 17, unless your character is a prodigy and skipped a grade, then s/he can be 15)
Power: (Get creative but not ridiculous, no invincible characters)
Personality: (A list of about 7 character traits is okay)
Height: (Required, even if you have an image)
Appearance: (If you included an image, this is optional)
Strengths: (Optional)
Weaknesses: (Required, and please try to put a physical weakness: Gets tired easily, slow, physically weak, something like that.)
Weapon of choice: (Like, medieval ones, no guns or stuff like that)
Crush:
Other:

Res .
    Just A tired highschool student
    Hello Im Koivae , Call me koi for short
    Gaming , Cosplaying , Writer/Artist & Rollerskater

Image | Image | Image | Image
zambo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:16 pm

[Flowercrown: Remember that your character will be from Windwoods Village. S/he will share the same viewpoints as the journeying friends, so s/he will join the rest of the group when Cilan's ready to leave. ^_^]

"I'm Tacet Tenuto. That was my wife Cadence, and over there is my daughter Casedy." Tacet smiled and gestured to each person in turn. "It is nice to meet you, Jaai, and you may certainly sleep outside."
"My name is Gavotte," the boy said with a smile.
"Cyprian," the tall boy finally grunted, but he didn't make eye contact.
The tall girl eyed the newcomers warily, moving to stand protectively beside Silas. "I'm Timpani."
Tacet turned to Silas. "This boy here is Cilantro Adamson, the son of Queen Solara herself. These are his friends, so we are obliged to provide them with everything they need. We have the Queen to thank for this village's beauty."
Returning to face the group, Tacet still wore a smile as he spoke. "Timpani and Silas here are members of my children's quartet. Everyone in Windwoods has three friends to play quartets with. The four people are a woodwind player, a brass player, a string or percussion player, and another member who can play any instrument. Making music is very important for us."
"I can tell," said Cilan. "Anyway, I better introduce the others. That's Ari, those twins are Erion and Laurel, that's Rose, that's Olivia, and that's Mallory."
"An Everton?" Tacet said warmly. "Good! Werewolves are very welcome here. We have plenty of rabbits to hunt, Miss Everton, if you find it your taste. Now if you would all accompany us back to our house, I will show you where you will be staying."
He led the way towards the house. Cilan was still carrying Rowan, and Cyprian hung behind with Jaai. Gavotte grabbed Lily's hand and shook it.
"I thought you wanted a handshake," he admitted with a smile. "And I didn't want to see you disappointed. So there you go!"
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby artemis, » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:37 pm

Mallory gave Tacet a wolf-like smile. Her tail wagged as she stood on all four paws. "Thanks." She said. People like Mallory were known for uncommon werewolf sightings, as werewolves were quite rare in these parts. Sometimes they were unpleasant events, such as entire sheep herds found eaten or dead. After transforming into a human, she followed. The older wolves of her pack were following her yet again. She twirled an arrow in her hand as they walked.
she/her
artemis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azaline » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:45 pm

Jaai watched the group enter the house. She had no intention on actually sleeping; this town ignited her curiosity far too much for her to just sleep. "I'm gonna look around the town, Cyprian. Good night."

Silas took note of the group of strange new people. One girl with gorgeous dark eyes. The leader- Cilan?- gestured at her and named her 'Lily'. He nearly swooned. What a beautiful and fitting name. He quitely wished he was brave enough to introduce himself. He hung back and watched as the newcomers- including Lily- filed into the house.
🤭 hey 😳 baby 🤭
Azaline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darcy_jensen » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:08 pm

lily let out a gentle, nervous laugh as Gavotte shook her hand, despite her previous actions. "Thank you, I get a little awkward around new people," she admitted, hoping it would cover her actions. She was glad that this village catered for Mal's ability, it was quite generous of them. There was a deep feeling of guilt building in her stomach as she looked around the peaceful, happy place, and she hoped they wouldn't stay more than the night. I don't think I could handle that, she thought to herself, tapping on the handle of her scythe. As she walked towards the house with everyone else, she could feel someone's eyes on her, and the hair rose on the back of her neck. She shivered a little, hoping she was imagining it, or that it was just someone walking with them who meant no harm.
darcy_jensen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby littlewolf5000 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:21 pm

Casedy Tenuto

{Tags-The whole group
Location-the Village
Doing-watching what happens
Mood-irratated
Crush-none
Gender-female
age-17}

Her body tensed when her mother walked past her but she knew she wouldn't do anything. not in front of a group of people and definitely not in front of queen Solara's son. When her father made his comment she smirked and rolled her eyes "whats next we're going to hand out name tags and coloring books?" she said as she sighed and turned walking towards there house. Her shoes clicking against the stairs. she knew she could walk barefoot but it just didn't please her. Once on the portch she swung the door open and let it stay open as she picked up their cat so he wouldn't run out before glancing at the room and proceeding up the stairs and into her room leaving the door open for the time being as she plopped on her bed and put her ear buds in
littlewolf5000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby artemis, » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:46 pm

Mallory was about to enter the house until a strange yet familiar scents crossed her nose. She transformed into a wolf to better comprehend it. A bear. She apprehensive backed away, and faced the group. "There's a bear out there. I have fought this boy many times before. He is a huge threat. Do not follow." She said sternly and called reinforcement through her mind. Mal trotted off, breaking into a run. She scented the air and confirmed her theory. It was Mathew. Yet again.
she/her
artemis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:15 pm

Tacet didn't take Casedy's snarky comment personally. In fact, he was just being his jolly self, so he decided to take it literally. "Good idea! Except I don't have any name tags or coloring books. Otherwise, I would definitely do that." He smiled wide. Everyone had entered the house except Jaai, Mallory, and Cyprian, so Tacet joined them inside and closed the door. He never locked the door, since Windwoods was such a safe place. Nobody with an evil heart could come near the village. The same beautiful plants that adorned the village would also violently protect it. They would completely bind and devour anyone who wanted to do evil things here. Afterwards, there wouldn't be even a body visible.

"Let's go home," Timpani told Silas, patting him on the shoulder lightly. She packed up her trumpet and closed the case. Oh, and she had definitely noticed that look on her friend's face.
"She's pretty, isn't she?" Timpani said with a coy smile, nudging Silas and hoping he would spill the beans. Yep, that Lily girl really was pretty. But she was probably into boys, so oh well. There would be other girls.

[How many people have a crush on Lily now? She's a bachelor magnet! And even a bachelorette magnet... XD]

Cyprian wanted to come with Jaai, but he didn't want to beg or whine. That would feel humiliating. Even if it would make Alastair disapprove, Cyprian still didn't want to sound whiny. "Have fun," he said simply and leaned against the wall. He was planning to go after her though, and see what she was up to. Cyprian wanted to know more about this place too.
Especially about Tacet's eyes. Cyprian had green eyes too, but Tacet's eyes... there was something wrong with them. They were too vividly green to be human. What was he?

Gavotte laughed heartily as Lily confessed she was awkward around new people. "I understand totally. It's like public speaking, eh? It must feel pretty similar to you. I'm fine meeting new people, but public speaking to me, that's like getting my wisdom teeth pulled!"
Cilan had put Rowan on the couch, so both of them could rest. The phoenix wanted to go after Mallory and help, but he wasn't going to disobey her word. She knew what she was doing, even if Cilan didn't. He went to look out the window, but he couldn't see a thing. He missed the days he and Mallory used to play in the woods together, carefree and full of energy. The journey had forced everyone to grow up too fast. It was sometime after Cilan's first death that he felt something between them had changed, and it saddened him greatly inside.
He felt like a shadow was being cast over his world.

---

Cilan's suspicions had been far too close to the truth.
Back in the Capital City, Alastair could feel it. He could feel something stirring, an age-old foe he never wanted to face again. But I killed her, he said to himself. I killed her.
Not thoroughly enough. Perhaps he needed to remove her from Hesenia completely. Alastair was powerful enough to override her blessings now, and that was exactly what he would do.
He looked to the skies and began to chant the curse.
"The sun still rises every morning. The darkest night cannot stop dawn from coming." Her voice wouldn't leave him alone. Not even now, four years after he killed that phoenix for good.
Your time's up, he thought scornfully as darkness began to shroud the sky, creeping from the edges of the horizon, blotting out stars in its wake. Alastair would destroy his entire country if it meant destroying her. His hatred for her was stronger than any other emotion he ever felt.
They were both strong, but she was stronger. They were both rulers, but she had ruled for longer. They were both murderers, but she had murdered more. Yet he was hated and she was celebrated.
"My lord?" whispered a quiet voice from the doorway.
Alastair turned around. The spell was already slowly taking effect, he had no more work to do tonight. "I thought you were in bed," he growled.
"I'm sorry... I just wanted to check on you," Atalanta said.
"What's there to worry about?" Alastair snapped at her. "I can handle anything. Now I've made sure the Queen of the Underworld won't bother you ever again. By tomorrow night, all of Hesenia will be covered by darkness. Nobody will fear Solara watching them from above ever again."
"Oh, thank you, my lord." Atalanta dropped to her knees. "You have saved us all."
"Once Solara dies for good," Alastair said proudly, "I can lift the darkness. She won't be able to watch through the sun anymore. Everyone will praise my name because I will have delivered them from two evils. The greater of two evils, of course, would be her. The lesser would be the darkness I created."
"You are wise and good," continued Atalanta.
"I know. Now get to bed."
"Yes, my lord."
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darcy_jensen » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:39 pm

smiling at Gavette's warm and friendly nature, Lily felt much more comfortable entering the house. She saw Cilan standing at the window, and was tossing up wether to talk to him or not for a few moments. The boy looked exhausted and troubled, so she walked up quietly and stood next to him. "You doing okay? Something on your mind?" she asked gently, not wanting to wake Rowan.

(lily would feel honoured, and probably embarrassed, if she knew how many people thought she was pretty)
darcy_jensen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me