☀ The Sanctuary ☀ teens with powers ☀ Closed!

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Once the drama cools down a bit, want a timeskip?

Yes, skip to when the FIRST army is arriving at the Sanctuary. But have the other armies arrive pretty quickly after the first.
50%
Yes, skip to when the LAST army finally arrives at the Sanctuary.
30%
NO!!!
20%

Total votes : 10

Re: The Sanctuary (teens with powers, accepting)

Postby Shinceon » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:56 am

Olivia

She gasped when he cut his arm on the tree and was confused when Lily started to help him, "what do you mean? I think we need Rowan to hug him not just put his hands on him."
Last edited by Shinceon on Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Shinceon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darcy_jensen » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:07 am

(Lily is getting Rowan to heal Erion, sorry if that wasn't properly communicated)
darcy_jensen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinceon » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:39 am

(Oh, ok I will edit my post)
ImageImage
Shinceon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azaline » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:06 am

Jaai rolled her eyes. "Let's not be childish, Cyprian."
Immediately she realized they had just been engaged in a great snowball war, and laughed softly. Hypocrisy was one of her many talents.
"But... I think that is possible," she smiled up at him. "But he may not like us very much if I do that."
🤭 hey 😳 baby 🤭
Azaline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:18 pm

[What were your theories for Solara's power? Share them here or on the discussion thread!]

Cyprian shrugged. He decided it wasn't worth the effort to prank Cilan. Sure, the Adamson kid was annoying, but Cilan was beginning to figure out why. He hated how he couldn't meet their eyes without his own eyes stinging. It was like gazing into a fire when his eyes were adjusted to darkness. Cyprian was more sensitive than others to the Adamsons' eyes, because of where his own family came from. A place where the sun didn't shine.
He didn't know where, exactly. A cave or whatever maybe. He didn't particularly care, he wished he wasn't from this stupid family. A grin slowly formed on his face.
"Where do you think we're going next? Hopefully nowhere too hot." Cyprian could not stand high temperatures. If Rowan hugged him, he would be very uncomfortable. If Solara even put her hand on his shoulder, he would probably die. He had no idea how Luno and the Adamson kids could even stand being hugged by her.
He looked at Lily and nodded, not even being argumentative this time.

Rowan didn't know what was going on. Lily seemed angry as she approached him. Rowan's knees felt weak, but he managed not to crumble. She put a hand on his shoulder instead of hitting him, which was a relief. One moment he was on the porch, the next he was standing on the forest floor near Erion. He was still gathering his bearings when Lily placed his hand on the injured boy's chest. Rowan closed his eyes and focused on his power. He didn't need to focus, or even try to use his talent, in order for it to take effect. He could be sleeping, and someone could heal themselves simply by touching him. Focusing just made his power work twice as quickly.
"I'm sorry for how I acted earlier, it had nothing to do with you," Lily told him. The words had pretty much the same effect as a hug on Rowan.
"I'm sorry too, if what I did offended you." Rowan opened his eyes, but didn't make eye contact directly. He wasn't at all upset with Lily. His guilt hadn't faded though. "Please forgive me."

Cilan couldn't finish the story. He leaned against the doorway, wondering what came next. He knew two of those flower petals could kill anyone, but Luno had ground up an entire flower to put in Solara's tea. What was confusing him though, was how she lived through that.
Or maybe she didn't.

Many years ago...
A warm, heavily accented voice broke the silence. "It is good to see you, my little sunshine."
She opened her eyes. Her father Juniper stood over her, wearing a soft smile on his gentle face. He always reminded her of a lamb, despite being six feet tall. He was even taller than his wife. That was exceedingly rare in the Adamson family, and Solara was no exception to the trend.
"I missed you, father."
She stood up, still surprised that her dad was slightly shorter than her now. Solara didn't think she would ever get used to the extra half-inch of height. It didn't make much of a difference to Luno though. He stood at only 5'5", though he weighed significantly less. He had small bones and a slender frame, the opposite of her.
"Look at you," Juniper said as he immediately hugged his daughter. "Finally visiting me in peace. No more trial and error."
"Yes," Solara said simply. The last few times she came here were hectic. She was trying to investigate the curse of the Stair Mountain, and with her power, the best method was trial and error. Whenever she fell off a cliff, she would go back and start over. Except she would avoid making the same mistakes as last time. That was how she proceeded. No matter what she did though, she couldn't defeat the gatekeeper who would eventually find her. She couldn't use her strength to her advantage. Every time, she ended up jumping off a cliff because of the wave of cold water coming at her. It was so cold, it would freeze in a few seconds. Solara had reevaluated her plans after a particularly close call involving the frigid water. The mountain's hostile conditions weren't ideal for anyone, and the curse was stuck limited to the one mountain. The cons of investigating the Stair Mountain curse outweighed the pros.
The mountain was named because its closest side resembled a giant staircase. Certain people had come from the cursed area, and Solara had to wonder if these people had anything to do with the curse itself. Alastair Brown in particular.
Solara had to wonder about the gatekeeper. She had tried speaking to him once, and he said something along the lines of, "You dare trespass in my domain again? Do you expect to overcome me this time? No man can defeat me!"
Ideally, she would take his words literally... no man could defeat him, so a woman could defeat him easily. Either his words weren't literal, or he saw Solara as a man. Either way, she was unable to get past the cold water he would launch at her. If the water caught her, Solara's gift would probably be extinguished. To prevent that, she had to leave the situation another way. The cliff. It was an unpleasant measure but there wasn't another option.
This wasn't the first time Luno had killed her, but it was the first time he used poison to accomplish it. He always took great precautions to make sure it wasn't unpleasant. Solara was grateful for that. As sweet as they tended to be, the husbands of phoenixes had to be remorseless in murder, since killing her would sometimes be the only way to ensure her survival. It was twisted, but necessary.
Juniper was looking at her intently, as if expecting her to speak. Solara had to remember, her father was emotionally intuitive, but he wasn't psychic like Luno. Solara's emotions were barely existent, so they were difficult for anyone to read.
"I should go back." Solara placed a hand on Juniper's shoulder. "It was nice seeing you."
"You can stay for a little while longer," he almost pleaded. "Luno sent you here to relax, my little girl."
"I am calm," Solara chuckled.
"But you never relax." Concern was written all over his face. "Still, I am glad you are always calm. You do remember what I told you all those years? You are the master of your emotions, they are not the master of you. I still remember when I was your anger management counselor."
Solara said nothing as he messed up her short hair. It was so short, it would stick up in spikes after she washed it with a warm shower. She never took cold showers, they were agonizing, and stung every nerve in her body with excruciating pain. Her mother used to punish her with cold water, and she would laugh over it. She would make all sorts of 'cat' comments, and those were just the lighthearted ones. There was one phrase she used continuously.
"What's the matter, little fire? You look a little... burned out."
Just a few seconds being exposed to a freezing cold shower would be torture. Her phoenix gifts would take days to recover. It was how Agatha kept Solara in obedience, until she became stronger than her mother. Now Agatha never showed her face around here anymore. She didn't go near Juniper either, just because Solara disapproved. The tables had turned now. In the past, Juniper would shield Solara from his wife's wrath, but he would end up taking a beating in his tiny daughter's place. Now Agatha no longer dared to make eye contact with her ex-husband anymore.
"Sunny?" Juniper seemed concerned at her silence. "Please just lay down and close your eyes for a moment. It will be good for you to relax once in a while."
"Alright." She lay back down on the ground. It was so soft and comfortable, like laying on a cloud. No wonder Juniper and the others walked around barefoot here. The entire place was immaculately clean and bright. It reminded Solara of her own garden, which would always be bathed with sunlight as she walked along the path.
Juniper knelt beside her. "Now please go back to sleep. Luno made you sleep for a reason."
She closed her eyes, and she hadn't realized her fatigue until then. Sleep immediately took her. She knew when she awoke, she would return to Luno and thank him for the tea. It was only fair for a phoenix to do.

Yes, that made a lot more sense. She must have come back. So that was where Cilan's power came from. He was proud of himself for finally putting two and two together. In fact, he couldn't believe it took him so long.
His mother was a phoenix just like himself. That was his power, not her fever and not her strength. Her temperature was a genetic trait of the Adamson family, along with the super-strength. Although the strength was generally inherited by the female side of the family. Cilan hoped he would eventually be that ridiculously strong though.
"Any kind of touch will work," Cilan explained to Olivia. "Even if you punched him in the face, his power would just work. I don't suggest you punch him though. Who would hit a guy with glasses?"
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darcy_jensen » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:31 pm

a soft, affectionate smile appeared on lily's face at Rowan's words, and despite her best efforts to maintain this confident facade, she gave him a quick kiss on the shoulder. she assumed it'd work as an acceptance to his request of forgiveness, and may even enhance his healing abilities. she knew that it was a little hypocritical to do so, as she'd just been upset over Rowan's confession of love, although she suspected he didn't realise how it sounded. "I do forgive you," she clarified, incase the kiss didn't cover it.
darcy_jensen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azaline » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:58 am

Jaai gave Cyprian a look. Something about his stance, the way his eyes stared at Cilan himself, and his concentrating expression made her stop and question everything she knew about Cyprian.
Actually, she didn't know very much about him. He's a prince. He's adorable, and easily flustered. She doesn't know very much about him, and yet she had a frustrating crush on him? Ridiculous.
She focused on the melting snow at her feet instead of him when he turned to speak to her.
"Hopefully," she commented, emotionless. Hopefully he wouldn't notice her acting so distant. She prided herself on her acting ability, and maybe her school musical days would pay off.
🤭 hey 😳 baby 🤭
Azaline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:19 pm

Rowan was uncertain if he was dreaming or awake, dead or alive. His whole body was tingling with warmth like he had been blessed by Queen Solara, or somehow managed to use his healing gift on himself. He had to wipe away a tear of joy with his free hand. Lily didn't hate him -- and what did she just do? What just happened? Did she really kiss him on the cheek, or was he so feverish he was becoming delusional?
"T-thank you," he said softly once reality sank in. That had really just happened. He didn't imagine it.
All the better.
He was finished healing Erion in no time, and rose to his feet with a smile, offering a hand to the taller boy. "You're ready to go, Eri." Rowan looked to Cilan, who was starting to holler again.

Cyprian was pretty dense. He didn't even catch on with Jaai's emotionless tone, he just enjoyed hearing the sound of her voice. It was weird to actually like listening to somebody's voice, but hey, he couldn't help like what he liked. For some reason, he just really wanted to get to know the Ice Queen. She intrigued him. Even the remorseless way Jaai cut Cilan in half was interesting. She was really like ice. What would happen, he wondered, if he was to defrost that heart of hers?
The Adamson idiot snapped him out of his thoughts.
"Alright guys! Looks like we're all ready to go. Get your stuff and follow me." Cilan shouted, before grabbing a bag and slinging it over his shoulder. He began walking into the forest without even hesitating.
Cyprian made a face at the boy. "Come on," he told Jaai before following the idiot. Cyprian hadn't exactly brought anything.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby artemis, » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:52 am

Mal got up and walked over and headed off. She transformed into a wolf and ran ahead, before bolting into a tree. Her wolf pack was basically traveling by air. She glanced back every once in a while. She kept on going until she heard a rustling in the trees. She paid no mind until something sharp sent her tumbling down onto the ground. She landed on her feet and winced. She turned into a human and examined her arm. A knife? She looked around and saw the pup she was holding earlier. It was a boy with bright blue eyes and blonde hair. Couldn't be older than 7. "I'm sorry Luna! I was practicing my blade throwing." He said. Mallory smiled and pulled the knife out, holding back a groan. She wrapped it as she walked, and there was a lot of blood.
she/her
artemis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azaline » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:31 am

Jaai grabbed her axe, following the group. Perhaps this time something exciting might happen. She patted Cyprian on the shoulder and left to walk next to Cilan.
"Where are we headed next? Did you bring a map?" She asked. She hoped that he actually knew where they were going, and not just "following his heart". She may ice him if he was.
Up ahead she spotted Mal standing by a small boy. Someone else? Where did he come from?
🤭 hey 😳 baby 🤭
Azaline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me