Small Town Secret - Accepting! (No shapeshifter/dark energy)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

🍬|erica vi. & 👽|matthew v.

Postby the viking goddess » Sat May 08, 2021 10:43 am

==🍬| erica marnie sweets. 🍧| eir 🍬| female.
==🍧| eighteen. 🍬| gemini. 🍧| bisexual.
==🍬| tbd. 🍧|power: she can manipulate
==another's life force and emotions.
==🍬| tagged: ruby, nikolai, matthew.
==🍧| mentions: ruby, nikolai, matthew.
==🍬| location: school parking lot.
==♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦
erica smiled when she got them talking about matthew's family floral shop. she couldn't help but giggle, and he noticed. shooting a small glare at her, he turned his attention back to ruby as she was talking to him. erica turned to look at nikolai, and smiled awkwardly "not sure if ruby is willing to give up her seat. do you mind riding in the back with mattie?" she asked, contemplating just having the girl move over to the middle. though it would make it a little harder to shift gears, but she didn't want it to be an inconvenience to anyone. well maybe matthew of course. "or ruby can sit in the middle next to me?" she added, though sounding more like a question instead. her finger was perfectly placed on her chin, as she was trying to figure out where they would be sitting. she didn't want to have to make nikolai crawl into the back seat, but maybe it couldn't be helped?

==👽| matthew nikolias lecostello. 💢| matt or nik. 👽| male.
==💢| seventeen. 👽| leo 💢| heterosexual.
==👽| crush: tbd 💢| plant and earth manipulation.
==👽| tagged: ruby, nikolai, erica.
==💢| mentions: ruby, nikolai, erica.
==👽| location: school parking lot.
matthew chuckled a little, when ruby was getting excited about the espresso. he then turned his attention to erica, as she teased him once again. glaring at her, he listened to nikolai's question. turning to face him, a light red hue was already placed on his cheeks. "there are to many to decided from. though, my favorite would have to be a rare hybrid my mother and i created together. a cross between an orchid and a chocolate cosmos. i call it a chocolate orchid, because it the base of the flower looks like a orchid, but when you look on the inside, you can see the cosmos there. hiding in plain sight. a rare hybrid, and extremely hard to produce and maintain." he explained, as he looked at nikolai with sparkling eyes. it seemed his passion for flowers, was now out in the open for the others to see. clearing his throat, he turned away from them all. "my mother uses it for medical uses. you can take the flower, and make it into a tea, a healing salve, or even use it for migraines. we are trying to see if we can further produce this plant, possibly to see if there are more medical attributes we do not know of." he finally added, though still not looking at them. his face was now flushed in a deeper shade of red, and he wanted to conceal it. then when ruby asked a small question, he turned back to her. smiling lightly, he answered her question with a small chuckle. "usually i get a double chocolate caramel macchiato with soy milk and extra foam. i know, soy sounds gross. but if i don't finish my coffee at work, my mother does. she's lactose intolerant. though if you are willing to help me pick something new, i will pay for your coffee." he told her as he looked at her, with soft and honest eyes.
the viking goddess

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Small Town Secret - Accepting! (No shapeshifter/dark ene

Postby phantom-chain » Sat May 08, 2021 3:39 pm

[18 Years] — [Male] — [He/Him] — [Wound Transfer] — [Outside School] — [Tagging: Erica, Matthew, Ruby] — [Mentions: Erica, Matthew, Ruby]

He looked at Erica and waved a dismissive hand, "I'm the shortest in my family. Don't worry about me. I can fit anywhere you need me to be." Nik's forehead was still wrinkled in his usual grumpy state but this was probably the best time he had had with others in... A long time. He didn't get much downtime.
He turned back towards Mat and nodded, "I would love to see it at some point. I'm not into flower hybrid-ing or... Whatever the word is." He sighed. English was hard. "Medicinal purposes? What a coincidence." The poor guy finally cracked a smile, though it came off as more of a smirk, "I'm looking into practicing medicine. I use most of my plants for medicine and healing purposes. If you need help with testing, I'm sure I can find some purposes for it. If it's both a certain type of orchid and a cosmos, I would suggest using it as an immune system booster. Cosmoses are used for anti-inflammatory and to make strong bones. Would be very useful if you discovered this."
Nik hadn't talked this much in forever. His jaw felt so... tired? When was the last time that had happened? Never? Never ever? It was weird indeed. He put his jaw in his hand and rubbed it a little.
Last edited by phantom-chain on Sun May 09, 2021 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
phantom-chain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ruby sander // 9

Postby sweet.peaches~ » Sun May 09, 2021 5:14 am

ruby sander | 15 | she/her | light manipulation | location: school | tags: erica, matthew, nikolai
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
When she heard her name from Erica, her attention turned to the girl. First she did an awkward glance at Eir and then Nikolai before replying playfully, "Now you can be sure. I am not willing. Uhm, sorry about that," Ruby quickly added. "I've always just been a fan of the passenger seat." As silly as it was, it seemed that the only thing she was stubborn about was where she sat in a car. It was both amusing and disappointing at the same time. When Nikolai had responded, the girl leaned her head to her side - almost as if she was asking a question without saying anything. "I wouldn't say you're short, Nik. I guess everybody in your family's really tall," Ruby chimed, unaware that she was taller than the boy by an inch.

The little conversation about flowers and breeds and hybrids had thoroughly confused her but she was able to take a guess about a few things. It was a surprise to see Nikolai finally smiling; she was starting to wonder whether or not he was able to. "I'm hanging out with a bunch of flower nerds," she did a light yawn after the joke. "But who knows? Maybe I'll need your guys' advice if I want a garden or something. I don't see it though," Ruby shrugged. The answer she had received made her react with, "You have good taste. Well, except for the soy milk, but understandable. I think it's kinda sweet you guys share coffees together. Well, not exactly share," now Ruby was on some weird ramble, "but you get what I mean." Yet another sweet deal - should she even be surprised? "Free coffee sounds fantastic," she marveled. Nodding, Ruby beamed. "I hope you like my suggestions!" Afterwards she faced Erica again. "When do you think we'll get to the coffee shop?" the sophomore asked; the slight urgency in her voice could have been easily mistaken for impatience but that wasn't her intent at all.
Last edited by sweet.peaches~ on Tue May 11, 2021 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
sweet.peaches~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Perri » Mon May 10, 2021 10:23 am

Perri wrote:
Name; Teneca Rosebud / Age; 17-years-old / Powers; Flight Manipulation / Location; Towards the local High School / Tags; Pierre Monroe

You can see Teneca flinch at the question of whether or not he actually did his homework. His hand raised up and itched the side of his cheek as his smile got weaker. "I-I mean, I set up all of the equations on the paper, I just kinda... Got stuck on what the next step was.." He admitted to his cousin, holding back a chuckle. Then, his expression cleared up hearing his offer and wasn't sure. Of course, it was too late to finish his current homework, since geometry was his first class, but perhaps on the next assignment later on this week. "If you're okay with it," he nodded slowly, looking from his cousin to straight ahead once more. Then he winced to himself, holding onto his backpack shoulder strap.
"It's just, there's so many confusing names and none of them are similar," he expressed his frustrations to him, but then cleared his throat. "I know it's not really math, but the class is making me second guess if I have an early signs of dementia," he joked lightly, brushing his long hair off from his neck for a moment. And it was true. Teneca may have one of the worst memories that he's ever seen for himself. His own grandmother has a memory of a steel trap, but he was quite the opposite. If you would ask him what he did yesterday, it might take him a few moments to figure it out. But to his despair, the view of the school could be seen just a few more blocks ahead, and he wasn't sure if he was ready to explain to his teacher on why he only set-up the problems and didn't finish them all the way.

should I add the bold or a different color when he talks? I feel like it might be confusing sometimes to read between what he's saying and such.
Perri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RedtailTheWarrior » Thu May 13, 2021 6:49 pm

Jennifer Clay

Power: Essen malotation/toxic

Beep again? Beep why wont that annoying thing shut up!! Beeeeeep uuugh beeeep the sound got more and more annoying, untill a nock ended the confusion, *JENNY YOU ARR GOING TO BE LATE!* as a young girl sat up in her bed, pressing a button that made the beeping stop *Sorry mother, I'm getting up* after brushing her hair and teeth, she opened up a cabinet, that had a green gas mask in it, she slipped it on and put the straps behind her ears, her excuse was always that she was sick and contagious, but it was obvious that excuse was way out dated, people just called it normal for her now. She slid a drour open to see nothing but pajamas and other clothing she was not wearing to school, so, with a creek she opened up her door and slid out, closing it behind her *JENNIFER ALICE CLAY DO YOU KNOW HOW LATE YOU ARE.....WHA....YOU?...YOUR STILL IN YOUR PAJAMAS* while getting a lecture from her mom she spun the braclet on her arm around, *Sorry, I know, I'm just gonna go still some of my brothers clothes then I'm ready to go* after slipping on a large hoodie and sweat pants, she grabbed her back pack that was already pre-filled, while in the room grabbing her shoes and gloves she could put on in the car, *okay mom I'm ready* as she got into a small black truck, it only took a few minutes to get to school.....here we go, another day with people laughing and whispering about her behind her back.
♠Life is just a cycle of getting people to attend your funeral.♠

RedtailTheWarrior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawbs. » Thu May 13, 2021 7:41 pm

// 𝑺𝑨𝑮𝑬 !!
    [ 16 yrs ─ he/him ─ ice manip. ─ tags; thaddeus ]

sage couldn't stop the way his expression dropped at his friend's worry. he didn't want to be the cause of the other's anxiety. he didn't like being worried about, especially on things such as this. it was his own problem, and it made him frustrated because he couldn't control it, couldn't get it to stop; he doesn't think he ever will. it's just apart of him now. still, he gave a gentle, reassuring smile. "i'm fine, tad. it's not that bad." then he rolls his eyes playfully. "okay, i promise i'll wear something warmer next time." he says, hoping it'll make his friend feel at least a little better. sage just wished it was easy to explain that it wasn't possible to stop this issue, that he'd be cold either way. but he just... can't risk their friendship.

a grin rose back up onto sage's face at his friend's newfound energy, leaping ahead of him in long strides. he let out a laugh, slightly relieved that the precious topic was over with, hopefully for a while. it recharged him, and he jumped forward to catch up, glancing ahead as the school comes into view. as long as he believes he is normal, everything will be fine, right? he looked over at thaddeus, maintaining his confident smile. "hey, if anyone messes with you, let me know, okay?" he says. he knows he won't be able to do much to the bullies, but it's better him than thaddeus being picked on. sage could take it. he jokingly adds. "i'll scare them away." although he wishes he was bigger, better, to be able to actually do that.

// 𝑹𝑰𝑮𝑮𝑺 !!
    [ 17 yrs ─ he/him ─ darkness embod. ─ tags; teneca ]

riggs nodded thoughtfully, suddenly serious while his cousin spoke of his troubles. he gave him a small, encouraging smile for if he felt embarrassed and hummed in response. "ah, i get that. it can be pretty crazy to look at." the boy lets out a laugh then, as he remembered the times he's had difficulty understanding his homework. "but once you finally get the hang of it, it will be like a huge wave of relief washing over you." riggs explains with a grin and wide gestures to add dramatic effect.

"it's no big deal, really. i'll help you." the boy says adamantly with a short nod. he didn't mind having to aid his cousin with something he knew well. if it were maybe someone else, that might've been a different story. no, riggs did not dislike teneca, not yet. "we'll get you caught up. and maybe we'll really see if you do have dementia." he responds lightheartedly. he pats teneca on the shoulder playfully before looking back ahead to see the school nearing close. another day with annoying people. but at least he has his cousin, he supposes. makes it a little more bearable.

(@Perri you can do whatever you want to your dialogue, but bold or diff color would make it easier to read. that's why i do it.)
strawbs.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby styx2749 » Fri May 14, 2021 2:53 am

CJ

15 years old/ she / power: invisibility / location: outside school / tags: open

(* denotes ASL)

CJ woke with a start as her phone alarm went off. She could hear her brother shift in the bunk bed above her as she rolled out of bed and strode across the bedroom towards the beeping and vibrating phone. Picking it up, she glanced at the time: 03:57. Instead of disabling the alarm, CJ returned to the bunk bed and threw the vibrating phone onto her sleeping brother. Arg bolted up right, signing incoherently and scrambling to find the offending cell phone. CJ laughed and waited for Arg to return her phone. After a moment, the alarm was disabled and the siblings poked at each other laughing and teasing.

CJ: *We better get ready or mom and dad will get pissed.*
Arg: *Ok, ok.*

CJ grab her workout clothes and headed off to the bathroom to change before heading to the kitchen for breakfast. The family of four enjoyed a normal morning together: a healthy vegan breakfast then two hours of working out together before each person began preparing for their individual schedules. After showering and changing into normal day clothes, CJ walked into the spare bedroom that had been turned into a classroom for Arg and herself; she sat at her desk and began preparing to start studying when her mom walked over.

Daphne: *What are you doing? Remember, you start public school today. You need to get ready. Do you remember how to get there?*
CJ: (facepalm) *I forgot! Sorry. Yes, I remember. ...Are you sure I have to go?*
Daphne: (nods) *We already discussed this; Dad and I think it will be good for you. It will be ok, don't worry. (hands over stack of books and lunch box) Don't forget your new textbooks and lunch.*
CJ: *Ok. Thank you. See you this afternoon.* (hugs)

CJ shoved all her things into her backpack then headed for the backyard to grab her bike. Arg tackled her right as she reached the backdoor.

Arg: *I miss you already! You'll be fine! You're hearing: you'll fit right in. You can text me if you need someone to talk to.*

They wrestled for a few minutes before their father came over and ended their playing with a hug.

Christopher: *It'll be fine. We'll still be here when you get back. You can tell us all about it during dinner. Be safe getting there. Do you remember...*

But CJ didn't see the rest of his sentence as she turned away to stalk out the backdoor. She was still mad at him for making her do this. Public school: why do I need to go to public school?, she thought. She hopped on her mud strewn bike and rode towards the high school, thinking of all the horrible things that could go wrong. What if I can't speak as well as the other kids? What if my voice sounds funny. What if they make fun of my family? What if I forget how to speak? What if I get so nervous I can't speak? Will they prevent me from using ASL? What if they think I'm weird, or crazy, or stupid? What if no one wants to be friends with me? What if I accidentally turn invisible in front of someone? And with that final thought her mind quieted, because she could not think of a worse scenario than being taking away from her family to be tested on by government nuts.

CJ arrived at the school with 15 minutes to spare. She chained her bike to the bike rack then stood on the steps facing the school. Although it looked like any regular school she had seen on television, she couldn't help seeing it as a dark and foreboding place. The front doors seemed to open wide and swallow students whole as they entered. She shuddered as she thought back to her worst case scenario, They'll be watching me in there; the government watches everyone who goes to public school. I have to protect myself. She steeled herself to walk up the stairs and through the door but her feet refused to budge, and she continued to just stand there and stare at the school as though even a moment from her sight was all it needed to ascend upon her and devour her whole.
Last edited by styx2749 on Fri May 14, 2021 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
styx2749

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RedtailTheWarrior » Fri May 14, 2021 4:49 am

Jennifer Clay

power: Essen malotation/toxic

Bye mother the girl said, before slamming the front door a little too hard, as get mother drove away she sat there, watching the car before turning around to see the huge school, sighhere goes nothing she readjusted her mask before putting her gloved hands into the pockets that the hoodie had, observing around her, there where some who seemed quite excited, then there where others who seemed sick to there stomach, walking up to the double doors, it seemed she wasn't as late as shed thought she was ground from 2 to 7 chattering about non-sense. She lifted her hoodie onto her head, and sat by a bush, she surtanlly did not wanna be one of the first to walk in.
♠Life is just a cycle of getting people to attend your funeral.♠

RedtailTheWarrior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Perri » Sat May 15, 2021 2:43 pm

Name; Teneca Rosebud / Age; 17-years-old / Powers; Flight Manipulation / Location; The local High School / Tags; Pierre Monroe

Smiling softly, he felt a bit comfortable knowing his smarter cousin would help him out later on; whether it be tonight or later on in the week. But with the shadow the school catching them at their feet, along with many other local high schoolers around, he sighed softly to himself. He glanced around the entrance, looking at other kids he went to school with but he didn't really recall any names. Because of the small town, there were maybe 500-700 kids attending this year from freshmen to seniors, which was a bit refreshing if there wasn't the typical stereotypes scattered around. If anything, the school board would push more events and social gatherings on the students. "Well, I gotta return a library book," he held one of his bookbag straps that hung on his broad shoulders. "Unless you're heading the same way...?" He pushed open the glass double doors ahead.
Perri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🍬|erica vii. & 👽|matthew vi.

Postby the viking goddess » Sun May 16, 2021 6:45 pm

==🍬| erica marnie sweets. 🍧| eir 🍬| female.
==🍧| eighteen. 🍬| gemini. 🍧| bisexual.
==🍬| tbd. 🍧|power: she can manipulate
==another's life force and emotions.
==🍬| tagged: ruby, nikolai, matthew.
==🍧| mentions: ruby, nikolai, matthew.
==🍬| location: school parking lot.
erica nodded with a giggle, then turned to looked at matthew who was going on about his flowers. though uninterested a little, the girl did like how he was contributing to try to help society. when ruby spoke of the boys being flower nerds, she cracked another giggle, this time a little louder. blushing lightly, the girl slipped into the drivers seat. "scoot, so he can sit." she said softly, she looked over her shoulder at matthew. she then started up the mustang, as it rumbled; shivers ran down erica's spin. not from pleasure, but because the sound of the car was a wonderful sound. it let you know that they car was actually running right. gripping the steering wheel with her left hand, she took the gear shift in her right. waiting for the others to get situated.

==👽| matthew nikolias lecostello. 💢| matt or nik. 👽| male.
==💢| seventeen. 👽| leo 💢| heterosexual.
==👽| crush: tbd 💢| plant and earth manipulation.
==👽| tagged: ruby, nikolai, erica.
==💢| mentions: ruby, nikolai, erica.
==👽| location: school parking lot.
"absolutely, i don't think my mom would mind if you stopped in. normally we close around 5 or 6 in the afternoon. i am normally there though." matthew said, though admitting to the fact that he was a flower nerd. then ruby said it, and his face turned a dark shade of red. "w-well," he tried to say but nothing came out. when erica laughed, that's when he knew everything was going to be okay between these people. awkward moments happen with friends right? he thought to himself, then moved over when she asked him to. turning to look at ruby who got excited about coffee again, changed the atmosphere once more. he smiled and said "i bet i will. but i will say, i only drink a few kinds of coffees." he then listened to her question and looked at erica. though the girl may have not heard her, due to the mustang engine. "about 10 minutes. really not that far." he spoke softly as he leaned forward.
Last edited by the viking goddess on Thu May 20, 2021 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
the viking goddess

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me