☀ The Sanctuary ☀ teens with powers ☀ Closed!

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Once the drama cools down a bit, want a timeskip?

Yes, skip to when the FIRST army is arriving at the Sanctuary. But have the other armies arrive pretty quickly after the first.
50%
Yes, skip to when the LAST army finally arrives at the Sanctuary.
30%
NO!!!
20%

Total votes : 10

Re: The Sanctuary (teens with powers)

Postby wolf? » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:38 pm

Thrown.To.The.Wolves wrote:Jade

She chuckled a bit as Andy guessed all the wrong things at once, "Not even close!" she teased before turning away a little. Jade smoothed out the lines and shapes into one more defined image of a howling wolf at the edge of a cliff. She smiled as she sketched, the quiet sound of the pencil scratching against the paper filling the room as she started on some of the lesser details like eyes and ears, adding a tooth or two and making the animal appear soft and furry.
To all of my rps; I've been having lots of depression and anxiety issues lately and will tend to disappear for a week or so, so please be patient! I did not forget about you, I just don't have the will in me to get on every day. I will try to reply once or twice a week.
Throw me to the wolves
Tomorrow I will come back leader of the whole pack!
wolf?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darcy_jensen » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:55 pm

l i l y // a l l i n g t o n
    ───────────────────────────────────────
    power - teleportation // crush - rowan // tags - open

to be honest, lily wasn't quite sure what to do with herself in the situation that she was currently in. there were many new people and all her friends were busy, and she was just quite overwhelmed. she began to fidget her fingers anxiously, disliking the lack of organisation and order. she was ready to do anything required, by the word of her king cilan, or if anyone needed help, but there didn't seem like there was much to do. for once, the situation seemed almost calm and unthreatening, and it made her smile. letting out a gentle sigh, lily sat down on the rough terrain and watched the scene unfold.
darcy_jensen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeybee. » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:40 am

Grace practically melted as Myrtle kissed her on the cheek and called her 'Gracie' , chirping like some sort of overexcited duckling. He was so precious-even when they were about to leave his home, for what might be the last time before the world was destroyed, and Grace was determined to do whatever was necessary to keep him safe. Then once he was safe, knowing he liked the idea, she would build him a zoo.
She shook her head in feigned despair as she watched Myrtle attempt to curtsey. "I'm sure she wouldn't mind but you have to do it like this!" She chuckled, demonstrating an elegant, sweeping curtsey. "I was a princess in a school play long ago." She explained, "It was awful, I'm no damsel in distress!"
When Myrtle began to discuss hugs, probably one of his favourite subjects, Grace nodded. "I'd obviously hug Uncle Sam. He's on the mainland ....somewhere. I'd hug all of the rest of my family too." She told him before adding, "Except Olivia." She and her cousin Olivia often fell out, yet were somehow best friends at the same time, so she would always feign that they were enemies although she would also always be happy to see her again. "And then hug all of your family."
The list was ended by Ondine's loud exclamation and Grace snatched up her bag. If any of the other older girls in the army had called her a 'kid' she would have challenged them to a sparring session but as it was Ondine she didn't mind. She was quite happy to let Myrtle drag her towards the boat, it was food-filled which was excellent, and she bounced in ignoring the tip of the boat as she got in. She took one last lingering look at the beach where she had honed her fighting skills before turning to beam at Myrtle. "How long d'you think it's gonna take!?"
🌷🌷

Natalie (she/her)
Introvert
Fantasy
Current Interests: FE3H

🌷🌷
honeybee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby passione » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:39 pm

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
Reidun Xia Argon Olsen
FᴏʀᴍAɢᴇ 17FᴇᴍᴀʟᴇAᴜʀᴀ MᴀɴɪᴘᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴTʜᴇ Sᴀɴᴄᴛᴜᴀʀʏ
Tᴀɢs: anna, sanctuary people
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

She was still calm. Xia’s breathing was rhythmic, matching up to the ripples on the water’s surface which she stared blankly at from her little bubble submerged beneath the lake. Anna wasn’t gone too long but the aura manipulator still worried for herself as she could feel the last of her powers drain away. Her gaze lingered over the amulet that was suddenly dropped into her lap. Anna was sat across from her now, seeming to be completely out of breath. There was to be no blaming the eleven year old. The bubble was quite a distance aways from the shore, after all.

The stone was surging with power. Xia was careful when she brought her hand near it, needing to make sure she could adjust slowly to its energy before wearing it again. Something felt wrong when her fingers grazed the gold plated chain, though. Dropping the piece of jewelry over her head and around her neck, Xia’s sixth sense came back to her. Yes, indeed. Something was missing. She closed her eyes, counting every presence she could remember from the surface.

What was it? Ahh, it was the dark teal and fiery red. Except… The fiery red was the safe haven set ablaze with anger and desolation. The dark teal was gone. This didn’t make sense at all! Something happened to Gavotte and as a result, Jen has broken. What could happen though? Unless the newcomers crossed the line. Regina and Darius were having their fun. The self-proclaimed king and queen of Hesenia wanting to take over, versus Cilan and Amber who were truly born to rule. Xia tried to put the pieces together in her head.

Since Cilan and Amber left a while ago, what has happened?

Lords. She’s done it.

Darius and Regina were gone. No traces of their auras were left in sector after they drew farther and farther away from the lake. Their disappearances were different compared to Gavotte’s though. Gavotte’s was a sudden departure. Regina and Darius were running. They killed Gavotte to get everyone riled up. Xia’s eyes were wide in realization. She had been right all along; there was no doubt about it now. She knew she smelled bad intentions and they had just now been confirmed.

“Anna. Get to the surface. Now.”

Xia brought her hands to Anna’s head, shrinking their oxygen bubble to the size of a helmet. She didn’t want to be apologetic later since Anna has hardly had the time to catch her breath before needing to swim to the surface again. She’d just give the girl enough oxygen to breathe. It was no big deal.

With long strokes and strong kicks, Xia swam her way to the surface with freestyle because she was classic like that. When she clambered onto the shore, soaking wet, Xia found that despair was emitting from Jen’s form like light from the sun. No one had really seen the sun in a while if Solara didn’t count. Surely, Xia’s deduction had been correct. Gavotte’s lifeless corpse laid there with a gash in his chest, likely from the scythe of a snake.

Xia chose not to approach her friend, though. She empathized with Jen from a distance instead. Xia knew how it felt to lose a lover so suddenly. She could have only assumed that Gavotte never had the chance to say goodbye either since… Judging from that wound, he died almost immediately. She knew how Jen felt. She could see it, too. All you’d like to do is murder the culprit as if it would bring your lover back. You would set the world on fire if it meant he would open his eyes. You’d cry to the whole world and tear yourself apart. You’d shed your skin and all your armour, humiliate yourself, show everyone how weak you can be…

All to bring him back.

Xia understood how the world could be destroyed, knowing your true love is gone. She knew the lengths a girl with a broken heart would go. She knew that people would kill for those they loved. The only difference that rested between Xia and Jen now, is that Xia really did carry through with that murder.

…And got nothing.

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
Amelia Skadis Elwyn
FᴏʀᴍAɢᴇ 17FᴇᴍᴀʟᴇSʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ MᴀɴɪᴘᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴUɴᴅᴇʀᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ❞
Tᴀɢs: azuline, olivia, idiots
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

Homicide actually felt like an answer to Amelia at the moment. These idiots were so arrogant it was disgusting. James hadn’t actually said anything himself yet, but Leroy was being a sack of dog crap. It wasn’t a good testimony, not in the slightest. In fact, all his pompous prattling made Amelia want to slaughter them all even more. The half-blooded Valkyrie nodded to Olivia, holding up three fingers, then two, then one. James was below them, walking at a steady pace.

“Go,” she whispered, furling her wings and taking the dive.

۩ ۩
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
Vaxas Tavrinth
FᴏʀᴍAɢᴇ 17MᴀʟᴇEɴʜᴀɴᴄᴇᴅ RᴇғʟᴇxᴇsDᴇsᴇʀᴛ
Tᴀɢs: acacia, peregrine, blythe, camilla

Vaxas turned his head back but remained still, listening carefully to the slow moving conversation. Acacia hadn't said a single word and Vaxas didn't think she would. He was a little glad that Camilla hadn't recognized her, but the offer for Acacia to stay made Vaxas inwardly cringe. The spear woman's blood caked face read complete solemnity but Vaxas knew there was a wildfire raging inside. Acacia was tame but there was something she was fighting for. There was a reason for everything— including a reason why she wasn't dead yet. Judging by her state, she should have fallen a long time ago. It was pure determination that kept this woman marching.

Vaxas sighed when Acacia left, casting his eyes downward. Another mission over. Nothing to think about; nothing to do. All there was for Vaxas was the returning thoughts of his dead family and abandoned comrades. When was Zelkova going to take him? There was no answer to that yet.

"Thank you, General," he whispered. There was something he wished to add to his thanks but it was better to leave something like this unsaid. Something along the lines of "I disobeyed you purposefully. It would have increased the chances of me being killed after finding Blythe and Peregrine if I had gone alone. Then, you would have found who you needed to find and I would have gotten what I wanted." Something like that was a little selfish to say, though. Wasn't it?

Vaxas disregarded that thought and answered with something more rational.
"It won't happen again."
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ♚ ❝ wherever i go there's a shadow of you !! )

Postby hellb0und » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:12 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ━━━━━ xx`xx ━━ xxENNIFER xi!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[ jennifer / sixteen / pyrokinesis and accuracy / female ] xxxxiii tagging no one

Jennifer's distress and despair morphed into anger and hatred. She quickly made a plan, which would allow her to carry out her own personal vendetta against Regina, Darius, and Alastair. She didn't even look back as she scurried into the dense forest, swiftly jumping over unwarranted obstacles. She'd need to track down both Regina and Darius, though Alastair would likely still be in the capital. She stopped in her tracks though when she looked up to find her mother and father, who both emitted a particularly bright light. Her eye's widened when Gavotte joined the two of them. They all held their hand's out to her, as if they were calling her to join them. She took a step forward before she stopped again. Walk forward. A much elder man's voice could be heard. Immediately the three grew distorted, as their tear's turned to blood. Jen refused to scream as she fell back and hit a tree. Then they began walking forward, and the tree's seemingly reached out to grab her. She shot three arrows, each hitting the three square in the head. Or so she believed. As quickly as the hallucination came it disappeared. Her arrows fell to the terrain beneath her. Maybe they'll see me for what I really am. This time it was herself that spoke, and not another voice. She continued her merciless mission afterward.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ━━━━━ xx`xx ━━ xxIVIEN xi!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[ vivien / seventeen / hydrokinesis / female ] xxxxiii tagging rowan

"Awhile back, but I'm fine, really." She responded. Though she turned her attention towards the smell of burning wood, and what appeared to be flames. "Hey, Rowan, follow me.. Will you?" She got up on her feet to go and investigate what had been going on. Now she could quite possibly be useful. Her eye's widened in surprise when she saw a dead male within the burning flames. Most of it had been reduced to ash. "Wha- What happened here?" Immediately she began putting out the flames, though they had long been growing and were rather hard to get rid of. She could recall who he'd been, one of the Tenuto children. "Is this Gavotte Tenuto?" Vivien inquired.
Last edited by hellb0und on Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
hellb0und

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheFae » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:10 pm

Amber
Tagged: Her Pack

Amber's heart was beating fast, her adrenaline pumping as Mayne, Sorcha, and Ivana left. She had to get the other party moving, her instincts screaming at her to get everyone together. So, she walked over to Cilan and Solara and hugged them. She wrapped both of them in her arms to the best of her ability, just savoring their warmth.
Amber stayed like that for a moment, before leaning back and gently pulling Cilan out of his mother's arms.
"We need to get back, and Timpani cannot hold both of you." Amber simply murmured, holding onto her emotions by a thread. She held onto Cilan, holding him close, needing to feel his heartbeat. Seeing her sister like that shocked her. It had scared her to the core, especially because now her younger brother was off in the woods doing Ada knows what. She had even sent him out there, with no way to get him back.
Amber felt her fingers spark as her emotions started to overwhelm her. She just pulled Cilan tighter against her, digging her face into his neck for a moment to center herself. Just being surrounded by him calmed her enough to choke down her tears. She lifted her face, and gently kissed his cheek.
"If you would please follow me," Amber smiled, putting on a mask. She allowed herself to look calm, to look happy, to look everything she was not feeling. Her mother had once told her that the best leaders knew not only, when to act like a wolf in sheep's clothing but also when to act like a sheep in wolf's clothing.
How Regina would laugh if she knew how badly Amber wanted to bleat like a sheep.

Jonah
Tagged: Clove

Jonah just gently stroked Clove's back, enjoying having her in his arms. He must sound like a love-sick fool, must look like one too, but he really was one. Whatever Clove would ask, he would do without question. He would go to the ends of any world to make her happy.
"You are a scary, little thing. I have this theory that the shorter you are, the deadlier you are since you are closer to Ada herself." Jonah teased. And then because he was in such a playful moved, he slowly unwound his arms from her.

Mayne
Tagged: Rowan, Vivien, Sorcha, and Ivana

Mayne knew better than to make small talk. He saw the look of anguish on Sorcha's face, and decided to keep silent. He didn't mind the silence, and it seemed as if Sorcha didn't either. Mayne just kept walking, quicker than normal. He also noticed how pale this girl was, and how important she was to Amber. The pain that was in her eyes, Mayne's heart cracked at the sight. It was sibling love, something that Mayne had remembered everyday and wished more than anything to have back.
He was lost in thought, until Sorcha made a low noise. Mayne jumped back in reality, and looked at Sorcha with a bit of fear in his face. He knew that it had been a warning sound, probably her warning him to stop. He then smelled the smoke, as well as the blood. Sorcha immediately angled herself between the threat and Mayne, but then Mayne heard Vivien.
"Is that Gavotte Tenuto?" She asked, quietly.
"I know them." Mayne quickly said before lunging forward into the clearing. Or, it would have been a clearing, except it was completely incinerated. Rowan seemed to look a little green, and then Mayne looked at where he was looking at. His stomach immediately rolled and he wished more than anything Timpani was here. She would know what to do. What to do with their friend who was there, lying dead on the ground.
"Rowan," Mayne croaked. "He can't be saved. But I need you to save this girl. Her name is Ivana. She is Amber's adopted sister." Mayne was shaking as he just stared at Gavotte, the blood pooled around him.
The smile on his face.
The outstretched hand as if he had been reaching for Jen.
Tears slid down Mayne's face as he took a horrified step back, memories he tried to keep suppressed rising to the surface.
"Help her, please." Mayne whispered, seeing a little girl in the place of Gavotte. A little girl with black hair like their father, and gold eyes like their mother. Those eyes, those beautiful unseeing eyes. How they would haunt Mayne for eternity.

Flynn
Tagged: Jen

Flynn had to turn off his emotions. There were too many coursing through him to even begin to recognize what he was feeling. His sister had returned. Mal had died. Two events so huge, and they occurred one after another.
To make matters worse, his sister couldn't even reconcile with him like they wanted too. She had seen it in her eyes, but she had to be Alpha. She couldn't let her enemy see her as weak, and while Flynn understood that, it didn't mean he had to like it. But being a good brother, he did as she asked, no matter how much he was hurting.
But now, because he had been so drawn into his thoughts, so deeply unaware of the threat making a move. He had been trying to center himself, trying to shove his emotions down, but he had withdrawn so much that another had died because of him.
And now Jen was running after her lover's killers. Flynn didn't think he had run faster in his life as he raced to catch up with her. She couldn't leave, they needed her at the Sanctuary. Her power could be a tipping force when facing Agatha, who was the real killer.
Flynn leapt at Jen, crashing into her.
"Jen, you can't leave." He cried as they rolled to a stop. He knew he had seconds, if not heartbeats, until she would be off again. "It was my fault Gavotte died. I failed in my duty, and I will take full responsibility, but if you really want to get back at Regina, you need to bide your time and wait. We need you here to defeat Agatha." He was putting all of his weight on her, trying to make it harder to get away if she tried.
"I will follow you wherever you want too. Consider my life in your hands for my failure." He quickly stated, fighting the emotions trying to work their way up. He couldn't fight it though, couldn't fight the overwhelming emotion of guilt.
For the first time in years, tears leaked out of Flynn's eyes, even though he fought hard.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. If you want to kill me, go for it, but please help my sister. Please."

Kelly
Tagged: Ada

Kelly, as usual, was feeling mischievous. So mischievous in fact, she wanted to poke a constantly-awake-giant with some lighthearted fun. She had carefully ran around the Celestial Tower, gathering a few random objects in secret. No one knew of her genius plan, not even her husband, who was worried that she was up to know good.
But after such careful planning, her master plan was finished, and she let out a giggle as she allowed her creation to shadow-travel directly to Ada, the loving dictator of the Underworld.
Kelly only wished she could see the look on the Dictator's face when her marvelous creation appeared in front of her.
A large card that read "Congrats, You're Getting Married!" with wedding bells on the front of it. When Ada would open the card, two rings would fall out, one made of wood and one made of silver. She would then read:

Dearest Ada,
I love you, you love me, lets be bonded in matrimony!

You are cordially invited to the wedding of the century, joining you and me together for eternity. Fire and shadow mixed together in perfect anarchy that the world will rejoice at our destructive natures as we bring down Agatha together (with a few of our closest friends, family, and allies joining us on this momentous occasion).
I have arranged all of the details. You just need to show up with our rings.

I call the silver one.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo,
Your Bride-to-Be

P.S. If you don't agree, I will shoot you with my Cupid's Arrow until you do. That's how much I love you.
P.S.S. I will alert you of the date in the near future. Some our guests are still in transit.

Kelly just hoped that Ada would actually see this as it truly was.
A rallying cry to have the dead join the living in the final showdown against Agatha.

KellyArtemisFae
she/her pronounsengineerwriter

for the strength of the pack is the wolf,
and the strength of the
wolf is the pack.

EruditeDistrict Ravenclaw

signature & avatar made by

TheFae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:30 pm

Island Beach

Myrtle tried to copy Grace's curtsey. Normally when he tried to copy people, he made himself look like a fool, but this time he succeeded in doing it somewhat properly. He burst out in giggles when Grace mentioned being a princess.
"I want to be a princess, but I'm not a damsel in distress either! I'm like, like one of those cool warrior princesses like Ondine or Auntie Sunny!" Myrtle put up his fists, then started doing his poor imitation of fighting moves. He then paused. "I'm sure she'll let me call her Auntie Sunny. She's super nice, like dad. I don't think she ever gets mad."
Myrtle hugged Grace before she could hug any of the people on her list. "I win!" He blurted out, feeling triumphant that he got to hug her first. Grace was the best!
"We should have a hugging competition," Myrtle said as he threw his pink bag into the boat compartment. He looked it over. The boat wasn't like, a grandiose pirate ship or something (although that would be super cool). This probably meant the journey would be rather short. Maybe even swimmable length, if they didn't have to carry their weapons and stuff.
"Well... I have like, a really good feeling we'll get there soon!" He said, not knowing how to explain his reasoning. Myrtle tilted his head up at Ondine, who was waiting lazily and playing with her hair.
"Mom mom mom mommomomommom," He whined.
Momdine brushed her windblown hair to one side and fixed him with a stern look. Then she gave an even more stern look to the other girls. "It is a short trip, but it would be shorter if people MOVED FASTER!"
"Disgrace disgrace disgrace," Myrtle heard the other girls cursing under their breath as they scrambled to get ready. They had been chatting amicably while finishing up, but they immediately stopped and dumped all their stuff inside the boats.
"We're done! SorryOndinewegotcarriedaway," Said one of the girls in a really fast voice. That redhead had a coconut smear on her cheek. It was probably the one who had tried to hide the coconut under her pillow and failed badly.
To Myrtle's surprise, Ondine started laughing and had to lean against the boat. "BAHAHAHHAHA got you! I bet you all thought I was actually furious."
"Don't scare us like that!" Complained a short brunette with rosy chubby cheeks.
"I nearly passed out," A tall blonde, skinny as a broom, was being overdramatic as she threw her arm around the redheaded coconut girl. Chubby cheeks glared at broom girl in jealousy and hugged coconut girl around the waist.
Ondine rolled her eyes deliberately. "Get in the boat or I might actually get mad," She threatened.
Myrtle knew she didn't mean it. Ondine was in a good mood, so despite having her hair down, the tips of her finned ears were poking up through the curtain of hair.
"Aren't you getting in, mom?" He asked, hopping into the boat and reaching out his hand towards Grace.
"Someone has to get the boats going, Nose," Ondine teased as she booped Myrtle on his tiny nose. He giggled and sat down on one of the wooden benches. Of course Mom would pick a job where she got to show off. The entire style of the islanders was showing off how awesome they were, which was the best style out of all the armies! Agatha would be quivering in her boots. Wait did she even wear boots?
"Grace, does Agatha wear boots? What does she wear??"

---

The Desert

Camilla gave Vaxas a long, thoughtful look. She had never seen her young commander smile. It worried her sometimes, considering he was almost like... the son she never had?
"As long as you understand," The General spoke calmly. Back when Acacia was alive, she and her friends called it the 'Acacia voice'. Her patient stare and deep, reasonable voice were fun to imitate. Now it wasn't a game anymore, but rather a reminder of how she and her friends had to grow up too fast.
Unfortunately Vaxas didn't seem to have had much of a childhood either.
Camilla stared down at Blythe, whose expression seemed slightly pained. Occasionally he would twitch in his sleep. It worried her, but there was something deeper down that was more worrying. She couldn't exactly figure it out.
"Come along. You all need some rest," Camilla said as she began walking back towards camp. Some of the soldiers were standing in a crowd, watching them and talking in hushed, anxious tones. She would probably need to calm some people down. No doubt they would have been worried for their commander too.
If they weren't? Well then there would be consequences.

---

The Sanctuary and Outskirts

Rowan gave Vivien an encouraging smile, but it faded when the unmistakable smell of a wildfire reached his nose. He nodded and followed the girl quickly. Rowan couldn't see anything, not even when his foot hit something heavy and soft. He wasn't sure what this was and was about to ask, when Vivien said something that chilled him to the bones.
"Gavotte... Gavotte Tenuto?" He repeated, slowly, failing to hide the faint tremble in his voice. Rowan backed away a few steps before his knees buckled and he fell to the ground. How useless could he be? Another person he could have saved was dead because of him.
He opened his mouth to speak, maybe to apologize, but there was nothing to say. What words could express any of this? The healer had once been so optimistic, but now despair was crushing him like a tidal wave, cold and dark. Rowan wished someone stronger than him had been burdened with this responsibility. His thoughts went to Lily, but -- how could he make amends for not being there for her? He had wanted to support his friends, but instead he watched them die with his sightless eyes.
He didn't think he had the strength to answer Vivien, let alone stand up again.
The healer could hear a gentle, slightly hoarse voice calling to him. Mayne sounded far away, across the ocean maybe. All Rowan could hear was "he can't be saved."
Rowan wished he wasn't here. Every other healer was better equipped to handle these situations, but he couldn't handle this anymore. Why had he survived as his friends died around him, one by one?
It was the faint word "help" that brought Rowan back to his senses. Mayne had arrived with two strangers; a strong reddish light and a fainter violet one. Rowan couldn't speak a word. He forced himself to stand, then rushed to their side and placed his hands gently on the wounded girl's forehead. He could stop the pain and bleeding, heal all her wounds, but the missing eye he could do nothing about.
He could do nothing.
Rowan took his hands away, afraid to murder an innocent through overuse of his power. But wasn't he already a murderer? Not only the soldier in Ravineside had fallen at his hand. For each friend who hadn't made it, each friend who wouldn't be seeing the sunrise ever again, Rowan was to blame.
He covered his face with his shaking hands as a tortured sob escaped his throat. He was a pitiful, useless healer and he hadn't protected anyone. Laurel and Erion, Jaai and Tacet, who never made it to the Sanctuary. And nothing had changed here. He remembered Cyprian and Silas, who caused each other's death without even intending to. And his father Cedar, who Rowan hadn't even spoken to since his arrival. It was too late for a hug hello when a silent goodbye had already passed.
The dead outnumbered the living by now. So many pointless deaths, just to reach a supposed safe haven where their numbers continued to dwindle.
Why couldn't he do anything?
"Please..." Only the first word was calm, and then it turned into an ugly sobbing mess.
"Oh heavens- I can't take this anymore I'm so sorry-" He fell to his knees again, unable to continue standing. Rowan could no longer see the light at the end of the tunnel. So cold, it was so cold.
The quiet, weak sobs continued as his words degenerated into incoherent apologies. "I'msorryI'msorryI'msorry-"
Without warning, he grabbed onto Mayne's clothes and stared up at him with sightless eyes. "I'm a burden- I'm- I'm a murderer-" The timid healer snarled, sounding furious in his desperation. "Kill me, Mayne."

---

Birvale Forest

Cilan didn't want to let go. He was comfortable here, wrapped in the arms of both Queens present and future. In that moment he was a little boy again, small and helpless, longing for love and security.
But the little boy had to grow up- into the man destined to be Hesenia's hero.
Cilan was out of tears. Now that he was beginning to calm down, he reminded himself of his responsibility. King of Hesenia. He would have to raise the sun, but in order for that to happen...
He breathed deeply as Amber pulled him away.
Be calm. You are an Adamson, Cilan told himself. He almost added 'Do what Mum would do', but he was beginning to realize that he needed his own resolve. He couldn't replace his mother as Queen of the Sun.
All he could do was become the best King he could be.
So instead, he told himself; Do the right thing.
He could feel Amber's heart beating in time with his. That filled him with an intense sense of purpose, difficult to describe. In his chest was a warm glow, a fire that burned but lit a brilliant light. When she kissed him on the cheek, he realized- yes, he was actually glowing faintly. If Cilan was a torch, Amber was the spark that ignited it.
When he answered her question, he had completely calmed down. His voice was warm and steady, like the light of the rising sun just around the corner. Soon, Cilan was sure, they could bring the light back to Hesenia.
"Of course. Let's go."

Timpani gave Amber a silent, thoughtful look.
Hmm.
But there was nothing to say, so she went to the Queen's side. It was admittedly a little jarring to see Solara in person, and in such a poor state.
"Your Majesty, do you need help?" Timpani offered, although her voice still sounded rough and impolite. She didn't mean to. She had never spoken to a world ruler before.
She nodded slowly, and mouthed a 'thank you' that Timpani couldn't even hear. So it was worse than she thought. As carefully as she could, Timpani hoisted the dying Queen onto her back with barely a grunt of effort.
What the hell... She's so cold.
She looked to Amber, waiting for the girl to make the first move.

---

Celestial Tower- Library

Clotilda honestly loved being pet. She would never admit that she enjoyed being stroked like a small kitten, because she was a tough Adamson woman who ate manticores for breakfast. Okay maybe that last part wasn't true. But only because they probably tasted really bad.
"I like that theory," She remarked, starting to feel better. "I always connected with Lord Ada. I'm like the kid of Ada and Conlan, but not Albina because she's rude. I hate how Albina is the first knife thrower to exist. She's a disgrace!"
Yeah, of course she had to make an insult about someone she hated.
"If you let go of me, I swear Jonah Soare I'm gonna chain your arms around me so you can't stop hugging me. That's a threat and I'm very capable of doing it." If she could find a chain, figure out how to use the lock without getting frustrated and breaking it, and figure out how to chain his arms around her from inside his embrace...

---

The Underworld- Hallways

"What the disgrace," Azuline was complaining loudly as she forced her way through the crowd. Some of the kids were being really rude. A six-foot-one boy was complaining about being too short, and a scrawny petite blonde was complaining about being too fat. Like what the heck? If he was short and she was fat, what did that make everybody else?!
"Can I just beat them all up?!" She yelled up at Amelia, who was diving towards someone. Azuline was definitely a warrior type, but she hated being leader because it meant she had to be 'responsible' and that kind of disgrace. She preferred others giving orders so nobody would come whine to her about bad judgement or something.

---

The Underworld- Throne Room

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!!"
"I BELIEVE WE ARE IN HELL, MOTHER." Vulcana said with a look of confusion on her thick brows. Ada responded to this by slapping her insolent daughter across the face. She was so angry that she missed, and barely skimmed Vulcana's cheek. But the giant blacksmith pretended to be in pain anyway. Just to please her mother.
Ada didn't calm down though, she was yelling various swear words at the letter. Her rage caused the wooden ring to catch on fire, which got her even more mad. Vulcana reached over and extinguished the flame.
"Hands off, you teenager. Go play with the other hooligans," Ada ordered as the door of her throne room flew open. Vulcana looked at the door, then at her mother, and left without another word.
Rude.
Muttering vulgar swear words in all languages of the world, including Manticorian, the Queen of the Underworld re-read the letter. Why in the world... This woman just loved to overstep her boundaries.
She was about to blow the entire 'wedding gift' to hell (metaphorically, since as Vulcana said, she was already in hell). But then a thought came to mind.
Those... 'Pack hooligans' were really smart. Their late leader wouldn't send idiotic disgrace without an underlying reason, and this time the reason probably wasn't 'oh it's really fun to tick off Lord Ada'.
"the world will rejoice at our destructive natures as we bring down Agatha together (with a few of our closest friends, family, and allies joining us on this momentous occasion)..."
Oh, so Kelly was flirting with the devil. In an attempt to convince her to leave the Underworld and beat up Agatha?
NO!!!
She threw the card aside and went to her own desk, taking out a piece of worn leather and a permanent marker she confiscated from a few prisoners.

COME DOWN HERE AND GET THE RINGS YOURSELF.

"DELIVER THIS!" Ada shouted at the top of her lungs, her booming voice making the cave shake. A few seconds later, two exhausted looking teenagers rushed in. Seth was so tired, in fact... he forgot to take his finger out of his nose.
"... That is disgusting." Ada dismissed the worthless boy, who ran away still picking his nose.
"YOU, BOY!"
"Y-yes ma'am!" Stammered Mortimer.
In his lifetime, this scheming idiot had been so lazy, he watched people get robbed and even murdered. He didn't even stand up when atrocities were happening around him. Now his punishment was to do anything Ada asked, and he had to be prepared at any moment.
"Teleport this to 'Kelly Soare', you slacking swine."
Mortimer ran over on shaking legs and touched the letter. It disappeared, not even a dramatic puff of smoke to mark its exit. Ada was pretty irritated with this and literally kicked Mortimer out of her throne room. The boy went flying, and there was a crash somewhere far away.
The double doors slammed shut. Finally, some peace and quiet....
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolf? » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:43 am

Thrown.To.The.Wolves wrote:Jade

She chuckled a bit as Andy guessed all the wrong things at once, "Not even close!" she teased before turning away a little. Jade smoothed out the lines and shapes into one more defined image of a howling wolf at the edge of a cliff. She smiled as she sketched, the quiet sound of the pencil scratching against the paper filling the room as she started on some of the lesser details like eyes and ears, adding a tooth or two and making the animal appear soft and furry.
To all of my rps; I've been having lots of depression and anxiety issues lately and will tend to disappear for a week or so, so please be patient! I did not forget about you, I just don't have the will in me to get on every day. I will try to reply once or twice a week.
Throw me to the wolves
Tomorrow I will come back leader of the whole pack!
wolf?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeybee. » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:43 am

Grace applauded as Myrtle copied her curtsey successfully. "There! Now you look fit to see the Prince." She laughed when he mentioned that he wanted to be a princess, picturing him in the frilly dress and tall ribboned hat of your typical princess. "I wouldn't want to be a princess." She concluded, "They're only a relative of a ruler, a queen though perhaps. Or just a warrior, plain and simple!"
She nodded in agreement as Myrtle mentioned his 'Aunty Sunny'. "I think Solara would let you call her whatever you liked as long as you were happy." She told him.
When the small boy hugged her, looking triumphant whilst proposing a hugging competition Grace shook her head and laughed. "I'm not even sure how that would work!" She said, "First to one hundred hugs?"
As Myrtle asked 'Momdine' how long they had till they arrived Grace gazed across the ocean wondering whether that mass on the horizon was the mainland or just a cloud, this half-attention meant that when Ondine shouted she almost fell out of the boat, probably only saved by her enhanced reflexes. She looked around to see the rest of girls looking absolutely terrified and beginning to rush. She couldn't blame them, that yell was absolutely terrifying. When Ondine started laughing and she realised what was going on Grace grinned too wondering how they could all be such dolts to believe Ondine was actually angry, Ondine didn't get angry! She laughed at the antics of her roommates who seemed the most frightened our of everyone. "You could be a terrifying general of you wanted to, Ondine!" Grace laughed, taking Myrtle's hand as he hopped into the boat and pulling him towards the wooden bench right at the front with the best view of where they were going.
She shook her head as her friend asked her if Agatha wore boots. "Well I've never met her ,so I wouldn't know." She told him before looking thoughtful. "But I reckon she would, big stompy ones with metal on the toes. I can't imagine her in fluffy slippers or muddy trainers, can you?"
🌷🌷

Natalie (she/her)
Introvert
Fantasy
Current Interests: FE3H

🌷🌷
honeybee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ♚ ❝ you like me best when i'm off my rocker !! )

Postby hellb0und » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:58 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ━━━━━ xx`xx ━━ xxENNIFER xi!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[ jennifer / sixteen / pyrokinesis and accuracy / female ] xxxxiii tagging flynn

Jen turned towards Flynn, further enraged. He pleaded with her not to leave. She knew her plan would have to wait. She decided she'd leave once "night" fell, when everyone was asleep. Though she played out her stubborn self and rejected, "No. I'm leaving!" She snapped at him. Though she shook her head when he offered up his life, "I'm not going to kill you, Flynn." The voices had said otherwise, repeatedly screaming to kill him. Jennifer pushed him off of her and got up. They were becoming increasingly harder to ignore. "You don't need to follow me," she said firmly. Her pace quickly broke into a sprint as she headed back. Though she was only met with the familiar face's of Mayne and Rowan, along with another female she'd never seen before. They were all looking down at what remained of the terrain, and Gavotte. Who she couldn't bring herself to look at. She didn't speak as she moved past the three. Running into the cabin she came to an abrupt stop and Jennifer looked down at Mallory. The body count was growing rapidly, and the Sanctuary really was no better than the rest of this wretched world. Or at least what remained of it. That was until Mallory reached out to her, nothing but bone. It continued until finally everything stopped. She returned to reality, which really wasn't all that different. Cilantro hadn't even noticed. She shuffled past her and had a glass of water, sitting down for just a moment. Her flame's slowly died down. Though of course, destroying things was much easier than making them.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ━━━━━ xx`xx ━━ xxIVIEN xi!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[ vivien / seventeen / hydrokinesis / female ] xxxxiii tagging rowan

Vivien had nothing to say as she stared at the dead body of the male. His hand was outstretched as if he was reaching for something, but what? As time passed, Rowan broke down. She bit her lip and got down, unsure how to comfort or help the healer. Thought she was taken by surprise when he spoke, "Kill me, Mayne." The whole world appeared to be caving in on each and every one of them as the war dragged on. One by one, people were dying quickly. Now Rowan couldn't take it anymore. She looked up at Mayne and shook her head before mouthing, "Don't do it." If he heard her, he'd likely object. Everyone was slowly losing their sanity, whether that be over a loved one or simply the overwhelming distress. Vivien didn't know how to feel. She never had anyone. Her parent's, people she could only feel rage for. The orphanage wasn't much better, and the days spent there dragged on. Same schedule. Same people. Until they either received new arrivals, or someone got adopted. All she could do was repeat the word "no" to Mayne.
hellb0und

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me