☀ The Sanctuary ☀ teens with powers ☀ Closed!

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Once the drama cools down a bit, want a timeskip?

Yes, skip to when the FIRST army is arriving at the Sanctuary. But have the other armies arrive pretty quickly after the first.
50%
Yes, skip to when the LAST army finally arrives at the Sanctuary.
30%
NO!!!
20%

Total votes : 10

Re: The Sanctuary (teens with powers)

Postby passione » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:40 am

♘— ""

age † 17gender † femalepower † aura manipulationcrush † silas meistheme † xform † x
tagged † freckled teddy bear (mayne) and everyone else

It was as if Xia could sense their eyes. She sensed everyone's hatred. They cursed her decisions and her words, taken aback by her selfishness; her irrationality. She had probably just lost her place in Celestial Tower. She had ruined her one chance to see Silas again if he really was gone. The Underworld was the only place for her now, where she would burn with the other sinners and undergo the worst mental torture possible. Surely, Zelkova would be kind and not bring Silas into her punishment, right? Xia didn't know. She had never met the kind and flirtatious soul of Hesenia's Grim Reaper.

Everyone had lost something, it was clear as day. Maybe her point was that she never had many things... But she could never be the only one. Even in this nightmare, Xia knew that. She couldn't just come to her senses now, though. It was much too late for that. Silas was dead on the ground, Cyprian had three holes in his chest and Cilan was nowhere to be seen. The muscle under XIa's right eye twitched when she heard Regina speak again. Xia was done with this disgrace. She would finish Regina off, but not out of anger, just out of spite and irritation.

She didn't stop snarling at the girl who had provoked her until Mayne's voice raised above the rest. He was angry. While it was true that Xia never knew him well and hadn't spoken to him once, she still knew he was rather timid. He and Timpani were plain opposites. Mayne was so soft and loving and he proved it with the ability that Livius Evans granted him. Mayne approached, and Xia was speechless. Everything he said was true, she had realized it before. Mayne wasn't even knocking any sense into her, but he gave her what she wanted. He was just the wrong person. He held her.

The trident dropped. Her arms, smelling of iron, wrapped around him slowly. Her aura soaked hands rested on his back and her fingernails, contaminated with blood, dug into him lightly, but she did not hurt him. She couldn't hurt him. His timidness was the same as Silas'. The two of them chose to never hurt a soul. At least Mayne hasn't yet, but Silas would never get the chance. Xia learned that she could kill for Silas, but she didn't know and never will know if he would do the same. It didn't matter now. Xia leaned her head into Mayne's shoulder, crying out her sorrows. Her pain seeped in black streams through her usually blue energy. It touched the ground and evaporated, never stigmatizing the silver tipped grass.

...Fear is not knowing the difference between a nightmare and reality. Let's see how you like it, kiddo. The shrill cackle that came afterward still echoed. Xia felt it in her bones. She felt the lies and the truths as they jumbled into one big mess of confusion. "...Agatha speaks to me." Xia relaxed, but her eyes remained open. It was apparent she was trying to sound strong and steady, but with a trembling voice and quivering lips, she couldn't help herself.

"I just want to wake up."
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Rue~ » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:35 am

Andy
I let go of Jade and walk to the window. "Yep they're fighting." I sigh. Can you get any more immature than screaming at each other and fghting at each other? If I want to be completely honest some times I want to fight too, but wow there are so many people and they are ALL fighting!
"If you don't want to go out there it's fine." I said. "If you go I'll go though."
I won't let you go alone Jade I think.

Anna
Xia stabs Cilan and instead of screaming I just get really quiet, I take a deep breath. Mayne comes over and gets mad (THAT is the onyl thing that can scare me. A really shy, sweet, nice and quiet person who suddenly gets MAD) and I breathe a big sigh of relief when he hugs Xia. Xia isn't attacking people any more which is great!
Actually I am SO ANGRY at Xia: She says these things as if I didn't have my own dad kill my own mom then have to run away from our house and hide in a village with just strangers. I never dated someone before so I guess this is different, I decide to be calm and try to understand her instead of freaking out.
"Xia I'm really sorry about what happened." I say understandingly. Hmm how do I break these people apart, I need to get Xia, Regina and Jen seperated because 3 big angry girls all mad and ready to kill each other is NEVER good.
I hug Jen being careful not to touch the fire. "Jen I think we shoudl go talk to Gavotte," I say quietly hoping the thought of her boyfriend will take her brain off this fight, I wish Gavotte was awake because then he could probably calm down everyone, in Windwoods every body loved him.

Kale
"No offense Amber but I'm pretty sure Waverly just asked to put his brother in the ocean. That must be how Aguado's sendoff their dead." I say trying to be helpful because the poor boy is so upset. I then cross my arms at Amber. "Stop being so hard on yourself Amber! I'll carry my mom though, thanks."
I bite my lip and go over to pick her up. My mother is alot heavier than I might expect. She is lean but really muscular. Me and my sister look a lot like her. I hope Fern and I can make her proud of us.
"In my family we will always bury our dead in the forest." I explain then point to the jungle, "A jungle would be OK too." I wait there though because we are right by the ocean, I'm pretty sure Waverly wants to put Sam in there (unless I was the one who heard him wrong then my mistake, I will have to apologize to Amber for saying the wrong thing oops).

Fern
I look at Sorcha and Amber. "Who's gonna carry Ivana?" I ask not wanting to wake the Timekeeper girl up, she will be mad and in pain , well probably mad. If it was me I would be hopping mad. Actually it will be harder on Ivana than on me, I fight up close with swords so it doesn't matter that much if my depth perception sucks (from only having 1 eye) but Ivana attacks with arcs of electricity like amber so it will be harder for her to lose her depth perception.
I feel bad for her so I decide to change the subject, what do I change it to thouh?.
Last edited by ~Rue~ on Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Rue~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ──── ♛, ❝ she's fallen too far !! ❞

Postby hellb0und » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:41 pm

( ) - - JENNIFER
        ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
        [ name jennifer dire age sixteen powers fire manipulation and accuracy crush gavotte tags anna ]

Jennifer's flames grew larger, and it took everything she had not to slap Xia. "...What have any of you lost?!" You have no idea.. She never told anyone about her traumatic past, Gavotte being an exception. The school wasn't necessarily the only thing that had happened. Those things.. They'd nag and haunt her for the rest of her short-lived life. She had begun to lose hope she'd make it out of this rebellion alive. "You have no right! No right to tell me I've lost nothing!" She spoke in a blunt and enraged manner. That's when the little reign she had left on her power vanished and allowed her fire to spread. Jen had an abrupt flashback to the school, forced to watch as the fire she created took over. She screamed painfully before her knees buckled and she fell, burying her face in her hands. She forced the fire to die down, just as it reached the large tree Gavotte slept against. Why am I not dead? I should be dead. A phrase she constantly repeated, constantly asked herself. She no longer saw any point in living. She could feel Anna wrap her in a hug, whispering incoherent words. The darkness simply made things worse, allowing the unwanted memories to escape. They clouded her vision and head. There was no escaping this mental hell.

( ) - - VIVIEN
        ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
        [ name vivien dire age seventenn powers water manipulation crush none tags kale ]

She didn't know how to react. She'd mourn out of respect, but never really got to know anyone that died. Sure, she'd known the Aguado brother, but that had been it. Kristina was someone she spoke to briefly although never really met, and she knew she was part of the Parliament. Apparently she'd been Kale's mother. Solara was dead, but she'd return. A daunting feeling could be felt throughout the beach. Is there someone else? Nobody knew at this point. They were all still in shock from the recent event, how easily the female was capable of manipulating them. Yes, they were all suspicious of her but decided to drop their guard and allow her to join. She disguised herself as someone who was already dead and made her way into the group. Vivien turned to Kale and offered to help carry his mother's body. "Kale, can I help you carry your mother?" She really wasn't sure if he needed help, although couldn't help but want to pick up the pace. It felt unsafe to be here, especially with Solara dead. They didn't need to lose anyone else.
hellb0und

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolf? » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:00 am

Jade

Jade looked at Andy and shook her head, "I'm not too great of a fighter, and even so, I'm still pretty flustered by the dream..." She said softly as she followed him to the window.
To all of my rps; I've been having lots of depression and anxiety issues lately and will tend to disappear for a week or so, so please be patient! I did not forget about you, I just don't have the will in me to get on every day. I will try to reply once or twice a week.
Throw me to the wolves
Tomorrow I will come back leader of the whole pack!
wolf?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinceon » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:09 am

Virisia

She silently nodded and walked away to go grab a shovel. After finding one she walked out to the garden and started to dig. After a couple minutes she had finally finished but then she both realized both how tired she was and how late it was so she decided to go to bed rather then do anything else. But when she was walking down the halls she over heard Yina, Emila and Jon discussing a plan to help take down Parliament from the inside. It probably not the best idea for them to talk in the open like that but that did not change that they needed to be dealt with. All of the light in the room went out as darkness filled the room as Virisia jumped through the confused group easily grabbing Yina with her tail as she slammed Jon to the ground. Her tail clenched together cutting Yina in half as she impaled Emila with one of her extra limbs. She then picked up Jon and slammed him against the wall before impaling him with another one of her limbs. She pushed to the two bodies off of her and walked away leaving the corpses on the ground.

Olivia

She shook her head, "oh no, I did not mean if you could leave hell I meant this classroom. I was wondering because you seem to be a pretty good person to hang out with at least compared to everyone else in here. There are places outside of this place that are less annoying and even quiet."
ImageImage
Shinceon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeybee. » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:41 am

Grace looked pleased that her idea had been appreciated and nudged Myrtle. "See Myrtle," She whispered, laughing,"You're looking at a future general in the making!" She was joking of course, but she had always admired the generals as a child, looking up to them and playing at being general with her friends. Grace was excited at the thought of travelling out to Windwoods to meet the other armies, she had been training with Ondine's army for a while but training had been the majority of what she'd done. Though the thought of fighting against Agatha, a legendary evil who seemingly couldn't even be killed permanently, was a little unnerving they would have a real purpose in the protection of Hesenia and its people. Then it was 'story time' and Grace flopped down into the sand, carefully balancing her sword across her knees and watched Ondine attentively. She snorted with laughter at Myrtle's excitement, allowing him a few hops before grabbing his hand and attempting to pull him onto the sand next to her. "Myrtle, listen to the story!" She whispered to him, in between laughter.
Though Grace humphed at the thought of Acacia Adamson being killed by a traitor, nasty little disgraces that they were, she thought the story was very good and was also very glad the Ondine was chosen as her replacement because otherwise her favourite army wouldn't exist.
Grace crossed her arms as Myrtle started talking about zombies. "Zombies aren't a thing." She said matter of factly, though she was smiling, "Nobody could withstand all of those stab-wounds. Even Agatha would die from them, she'd just come back to life afterwards."
Myrtle sounded so hopeful, however, that the hope began to rub off on her, usually not even the Bries were optimistic to the point of the impossible, and she gave in to his positivity ;not wanting to disappoint him. "Maybe the rumours are true." She replied thoughtfully, "Maybe this is some new power we haven't seen before. Like a phoenix but without the dying a million times thing, otherwise we must just have a Acacia Adamson look-alike on the loose."
🌷🌷

Natalie (she/her)
Introvert
Fantasy
Current Interests: FE3H

🌷🌷
honeybee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emza.the.nerd » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:32 pm

Celeste Rutherford~Female~17~Healing

(Sorry for not being able to post in forever, as Xia told you I was away camping and I also thought it'd be awkward for me to post in the middle of the manticore fight when there was literally nothing for Celeste to do)

The relief that came when the fight with the manticore was over didn't last long. Her empathy went into overdrive for Kale, Fern and Waverly when the so-called Ms. Aguado attacked. Classic Kale and Fern were furious and Waverly was just in despair, she ached to hug the boy but that was already being taken care of. Celeste of course agreed completely with the Birch siblings when Amber dubbed herself a tyrant, she then added how Amber did the best she could. When being introduced by Fern, Celeste gave a little wave and mentally thanked the other girl for saving her from introducing herself to someone.

When Fern is finished talking with the others, she quickly pulled the other girl to the side and gave her a big hug. She wanted to say how proud she is of how well Fern was handling her mother's death, but decided not to for that might trigger a bad reaction. Celeste, who was actually pretty shook up too, just enjoyed the silent hug with her love.
100% trash
emza.the.nerd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:46 pm

The Desert

"Are you sure about this, Blythe?" Peregrine stammered as they continued through the sand. Boy was the desert cold when the sun wasn't shining. Peregrine had grown up in the islands, which were always pleasantly warm even at night. His sister Ondine didn't even use a blanket. Peregrine did though. He hated the cold.
"Yeah! I know Camilla's camp is right there! That's what the map said," Blythe said with utter confidence. He still wore that smile, even though Peregrine knew his friend was just as hungry and thirsty. The sun hadn't risen. It should have risen so long ago. Peregrine had lost track of how long they had been lost, exactly.
"You mean the map we lost in that sandstorm."
"I'm a great navigator," Blythe said. "Don't worry, Pigeon! I, Blythe Kale, will save the day and find Camilla! And then we're both gonna get into an army for sure!"
"W-well..." Peregrine took his friend's hand and kept trudging at a faster pace. "Anything would be better than being a messenger again."
"Yeah, that's for sure!"
Even Blythe was agreeing with him that this was horrible? Peregrine breathed a sigh. This really was a tough situation they got themselves into. They should have rationed out their food and water better. They should have only navigated at night when the stars were out. But no, they had to mess everything up by rushing. Now they were late and they couldn't find their way anywhere. Peregrine wanted to sit down and just cry.
"Just behind the next sand dune. I can hear her right now!" Blythe squealed excitedly, beginning to run. It was hard to sprint through the sand, but Peregrine followed his companion. He could hear it too, the sounds of blades clanking against each other. Hope blossomed in his heart again. It was Camilla's army, and they were having a sparring match!
"We're gonna surprise them all heroic-like," Blythe whispered, "And jump right off the dune into their camp!"
"Got it," Peregrine agreed.
The boy followed his friend to the edge. Just before they jumped, Peregrine realized something was wrong. But it was too late. They were sailing off the edge, and not towards any human army.
It was a huge rhinoceros-like monster, with a seven-foot metallic horn it had been sharpening upon a rock. Peregrine had read many books but this thing had never appeared in any! It grunted in rage and pawed the ground.
"Ohmygosh run!" Peregrine screamed. He turned to run, but Blythe was on the ground crying. Peregrine saw that his leg was- ohmygosh he had broken his leg ohmygosh what in Great Solara's name do I do...
"Please get up!" Peregrine begged as the monster began to charge. He couldn't leave his friend to die, not after all they had been through. He grabbed Blythe by the wrists and began to pull him along. But the towering creature was much, much faster than the boys could ever run. It lowered its head, and the blade glinted even in the darkness. The boy froze, too terrified to even yelp or move, as the monster's horn stabbed right into-
-Not Peregrine, but a tall spear-wielding figure who had leaped from above the next sand dune.
"Stand down immediately." Said the stranger in a deep, calm voice. He slowly pointed the spear towards the bewildered-looking beast.
The metal horn was lodged inside the spearman's chest. It was, ohmygosh it's coming out the other side it's coming out his back what the disgrace is this!
"Child." The spearwoman was speaking to him now. "Take your friend and run. I will handle this."
"Ohmygosh," Peregrine stammered as he picked up Blythe in his arms. Adrenaline and fear was giving him strength, where he normally would struggle to carry his friend. He took off as fast as he could, trying to block out what had just happened. Peregrine ran until he couldn't run anymore, and took refuge behind a sand dune. He placed Blythe on the ground. His friend had passed out, and ohmygoshohmygosh are you okay?!
"Blythe?" Peregrine whispered. "We are never doing that again, okay? Please be okay."
He curled up beside his friend in a little ball, and just rocked back and forth, trembling in fear. They would be fine, they would be fine. They wouldn't end up like... like the spearman who had just saved them.
As if on cue, he appeared, calmly walking out from behind the sand dune. He was holding the seven foot long blade that had just been stabbed through him. There were wounds all over the spearman, including one that looked fresh from this battle. A slash mark across his throat.
"AAAHH!" Peregrine yelled, scrambling back frantically.
"Shh," The stranger said in a calm voice. "Do not worry. I am here to protect... Ah. This is merely a paper cut. Do not be scared for my sake."
Peregrine stopped flailing, mostly out of exhaustion. He lay in the sand as the spearman approached. The stranger seemed to be purposely holding the weapon with the 'business end' pointed up, away from the boys.
"I heard Camilla's army has been searching for you," The spearman said.
Peregrine relaxed a little. If this stranger was with Camilla, he couldn't be all that bad. Even if he was a completely not-human undead being. "Y-yes..."
"I set out to search before they did. My name is Acacia. I will bring you to General Camilla now, if you will do me one favor." The spear...woman? said.
"W-what is it?" Peregrine ventured, trembling even worse. What if Acacia wanted him to give her his soul?
"Please do not tell her I am alive." Acacia lowered her head with an expression seeming to resemble sorrow. "I should not be alive."
"Okay. I won't, I promise." Peregrine replied very quickly. He wasn't sure what she meant, but he just felt bad now. He regretted misjudging the spearwoman. The messenger didn't press her though; she didn't look like she wanted to talk. Peregrine stood up, feeling still a little afraid and protective, as Acacia picked up Blythe in her arms. She made it look easy.
"Climb on my back," Said the spearwoman. "And would you like to keep-"
"No! Please get it away," Peregrine stammered. She was talking about the horn.
"As you wish." Acacia threw the metal object with what appeared to be a casual toss. It flew, and flew, and Peregrine didn't get to see where it disappeared to.
He accepted her piggy-back ride and clung to her broad shoulders tightly. The spearwoman set off running at a slow but sure pace. Peregrine felt bad now.
"Thanks for helping us back there," The boy told her quietly. "And thanks for taking us to Camilla. I'm really sorry about the way I acted. I was scared..."
"No worries." Acacia told him. "You must have thought I was a 'zombie'?"
"Yes, and..." Peregrine shuddered, remembering she still had those wounds. "You still..."
"I will be fine. Do not worry about me." Acacia chuckled, but it quickly stopped.
"I have lived through far worse."

---

???

It was so dark here. At least the nightmare was over. Only now did Solara realize it wasn't real, but the anguish and guilt still lingered. She had expressed her disappointment at Amber, only to get attacked by a traitor the next second. And Solara knew she wasn't the only casualty. Those children... Her children...
She had to return to them, before anything else happened. But somehow she couldn't go back. Something was stopping her from reforming in the living world.
"I'm gonna keep you here," Cackled Agatha's voice. Solara didn't need to turn around and check.
"... What is it?" Solara asked her. She didn't quite understand what Agatha wanted after all this time. Destroying Hesenia was 'funny' to her, but toying with people wouldn't accomplish anything.
"You don't get it, kiddo," Agatha said with a harsh laugh. "This is just as funny."
At this point Solara was just unamused. She turned around slowly, to face the laughing demon with her wild black hair. It moved in a wind that Solara could not feel.
This woman was standing between Solara and her children.
And that was unacceptable.
"Don't you feel that?" Agatha snickered. "That's anger. Your anger. I'm not controlling it at this point. I only neeed to wake it up. Can't you feel it building?"
Solara realized she was glowing with light and heat that provided no warmth, only burning destruction. She could not return to Hesenia like this. She took a deep breath and let the deadly glow die from around her. She calmly gathered it all back inside, not breaking eye contact from Agatha.
And she sent a focused beam of light directly at the demon.
Laughing, Agatha simply sidestepped before disappearing into the darkness. She became one with the shadows, which seemed to thicken and fill the already-blank area. But soon Solara could see shapes in the darkness. They slowly came into focus, and she was looking at an image of the Sanctuary. Her children...
The picture zoomed in on Luno. Solara felt her heart breaking when she saw the fatigue in his darkened eyes. The exhaustion that ran so deep, even the marrow inside his bones seemed to tremble in her vision. She had never seen her husband like this. What was happening?
"I'm not going to show you your precious 'children'. You're going to watch him suffer," Said Agatha's disembodied voice. "It's all because of you too. He wouldn't be so weakened unless you were. It's all your fault."
This misbehavior was completely out of hand. Solara fired another pulse of light towards the direction of the voice, but she heard nothing but persisting laughter.
When Agatha spoke again, it was in Xia's voice.
"Nothing you do will change anything at all."
And then Cilan's.
"You have failed your purpose."
The same voices, the same words from that nightmare. Solara took a deep breath. She knew Agatha could not trap a phoenix forever, even a weakened one. She would just need to hang on until the demon's time ran out.
And then she would help her children. And her husband. She would not let anything happen to them anymore.

---

Celestial Tower

Clotilda would yell at Jonah for laughing at her later. She believed she was pretty good at pretending to be angry. She would put on her scariest creepy face and scream her head off at him. Clove would probably be able to do that for a good five minutes, before she broke down and started laughing her head off too. Blair was annoying as disgrace. But honestly, it was definitely funny to exchange insults back and forth. Clotilda loved people who she could yell at without getting in trouble for getting in their face.
She really wanted to get into Xia's face, though. At this point, Clove didn't care about getting in trouble. She wouldn't even care if her mother, Queen Solara herself, got her in trouble. The knife-thrower was getting angrier by the second. Her little brother hadn't gone mad and murdered innocent people, when he lost his family and future Queen.
When Jonah took her hand, Clotilda squeezed it murderously. She didn't have much physical strength, so she knew she would probably not hurt him too much. This was one of the times she felt fortunate for not being her mother. It would be rude to break all the bones of his hand.
"This insolent little twerp is lucky I'm already dead," Clotilda snarled. Her anger was building, mostly because she was hiding her shame over her own death. She didn't want anybody to see her like that.
She practically jumped into the ceiling (not really, but she was pretty freaked) when Kelly showed up. Shadow Mom had a knack for being partially psychic or something. Clove crossed her arms as Everyone's Mom spoke to Cilan about the embarrassing death. Oh great, people actually knew about that before her idiot brother brought it up. Clotilda felt her face getting warm at the thought of how many people might already know. Cilan was kind of sobbing quietly into Kelly's arms, but just because he was getting emotional didn't lessen Clove's own embarrassment.
'An act of mercy', Kelly called it. Well Clove would need to look up that word in the dictionary. It was not even in her vocabulary, even though she had a guess for it.
Everymom then hugged and spoke to Clotilda next. Clove couldn't really look her in the eye though, too awkward. Wait, Kelly actually thought she 'didn't give up'?
"Well you see, some of my friends like to brag about how they survived- er, didn't really 'survive'- their horrible deaths. I never really told them that I got my little brother to finish me. Thanks for not laughing at me, but it's not really something to brag about either." Her face went even more red when Kelly kissed her on the cheek.
"I'll ask you about the funny story after we take care of this. Hey Cilan, you can go back at any time since you're not gonna destroy anything, but can you promise me something?"
"Yeah?" Her little brother looked so pitiful with those puppy-dog eyes.
"Take care of Mom and Dad. I feel like there's something wrong, but I can't figure it out." Clotilda's face showed frustration, but she was just hiding her worry. "And don't get into any more stupid fights that involve you dying a hundred times. Or I'll make you watch embarrassing videos of yourself as a kid."
"You can help me by destroying those," Cilan told Kelly quickly.
"That's not what she meant by help, you idiot."
"Oh wait. I don't need to destroy anything. I have nothing to hide." Cilan was smiling again, but the way the corners of his mouth twitched up... Was he smirking at her?!
"I'm gonna KILL you!"

---

The Island

"Ohmygosh!" Myrtle squealed. Somehow, his voice was even more high-pitched than it normally was. He took Grace seriously, and had no doubt that she would be the next General.
"When you become General," He said, "Please let me join the army!"
Of course, he said it in a very quiet whisper. If Ondine heard, she would probably lecture him. She was like a scary mom who waved around scary swords.
Actually... eh, she wasn't scary.
'Momdine' was actually quite friendly when she wasn't telling Myrtle to go home or something. Come on! He just wanted to join the army and fight like all his friends. Just because he was a boy, didn't mean he was a complete weakling. He wanted to try to use a spear like other Adamsons.
Once the story was over, Grace was talking about how zombies weren't real. Myrtle crossed his arms with a fake angry face (which he was really bad at doing) and an exaggerated, high pitched 'hmph!' until Grace mentioned Agatha dying from those stab wounds. Then the boy started giggling. Agatha wasn't really human, she was this demon thing that Myrtle heard in a lot of creepy stories. And a lot of funny stories!
People would make up all kinds of hilarious joke stories that involved Agatha getting killed embarrassingly, like the one where she chased the boy with flight-powers. He had led her to run right off a cliff. If Agatha was like, a real human person, Myrtle wouldn't be laughing. But she was definitely not a human being.
Grace actually agreed the rumors might be true. Myrtle's eyes lit up, and he thought he probably looked as bright as Solara right now. "Ohmygosh! You're right! I'm related to real live phoenixes so it's probably possible! Wait wait wait, maybe I'm actually a phoenix. Come on Ondine, you have to let me join! And maybe I can find Auntie Cay and-"
"No, Myrtle," Sighed the General.
"Awww!" Myrtle turned and decided to 'ignore' her. He would only talk to Grace and the others (unless Ondine actually got upset, then he would say sorry a million times). "But you're right Grace, it's super dumb to assume we know all the powers that could possibly exist, right? Ooh what do you think I'll get?!"

---

Birvale Beach

Everything was still a blur. Waverly couldn't stop seeing red, and not because of anger. He wanted to get the deaths out of his mind, but he couldn't. It was the only thing he could think of. His brother, who was at worst a harmless prankster, was dead and... why? Why would that girl do this to them? "I don't understand..."
Amber asked him something, and Waverly looked up. He knew his expression was probably glazed-over. She was saying something about family, but the words didn't exactly get through to him. Waverly was about to ask for Amber to reiterate, but Kale started speaking. Waverly could somewhat understand what was going on now.
"Y-yes... I..." The boy picked up his brother and stood up shakily, almost falling over. He took a deep breath as he willed his legs not to tremble. It didn't work. Waverly felt better that Sorcha and his companions were here to protect each other, as they said. But after what he just witnessed, he didn't think he would ever stop shaking.
Add that to the unnerving feeling of being watched by... someone... somewhere... a smile in the darkness he couldn't see, and perhaps he didn't want to...
The darkness and the ocean breezes had chilled Waverly to the bone, even though he was used to them from his childhood. Something had changed along the way. Maybe even just now. It was so cold he was shivering, but he was also sweating. He hadn't wanted to detach himself from the group hug, but he needed to. He had to say goodbye before they left this cursed place for good.
As a child, Waverly was like any Aguado. He loved the beach, he loved water. Now he wanted to turn his back and never see the ocean again.
He walked down to the shore, then waded in. The water was freezing cold but Waverly barely minded, he was already cold enough from inside. He walked until he stood about chest-deep in the water, holding his brother. It was easier to carry Samuel now that the water was helping support him.
"Mariana," Waverly said quietly into the dark waters, "Can y-you take m-my brother? Keep h-him safe?"
He wasn't expecting a reply. He didn't know how his family did it. Probably he was doing this all wrong. Waverly didn't know what to do. Should he just leave him here? Or join the others and bury him in the jungle? Or...
He didn't have to make that decision.
The tide itself took Samuel from Waverly's arms with surprising strength. The boy could do nothing but stand and watch as his brother was swept out to sea, slowly taken underwater by the waves.
"He will be safe with me," Said the voice. It was a melodic woman's voice that reminded Waverly of home, of his own mother, not the horrible fake who had murdered everyone.
"Mother?" Waverly decided to take a chance.
"No," Said the voice. "But I am still watching over you. Now go to your new family."
"T-thank you." Wiping away tears, he obediently turned around and walked towards the shore. He waded out of the water and rejoined the others. His new family, Mariana had called them.
"Amber," Waverly said, now walking by her side. The tremble in his voice had faded just slightly. "Y-you're right. We're... we're family now."
He turned to look at the others. Kale and Fern. Celeste and Vivien. Ivana and even Sorcha, who had just arrived. They still had each other, didn't they?
Waverly had made up his mind. He would come with them, wherever they would go. Sinking into hopeless despair was too easy. After all, he couldn't be hurt much if he only expected the worst. But seeing everyone here, helping each other and protecting each other, despite all that had happened...
Well, it filled him with enough hope to keep going.

---

Capital City

Alastair was grateful for Virisia's help. Once she had dug the hole, Alastair placed the body inside gently and began to fill the dirt back in. Virisia had left, seeming to be tired.
She deserved a break.
Alastair took his time burying the body. He thought of his own daughter, the hatred in her eyes as the necromancer Yina called up her ghost from the dead. Alastair had been upset even then. Hearing those words from Cyrena, who had forsaken him as a father. Would she maybe forgive him if he started being a good King? If he devoted the rest of his life to protecting Hesenia, which he had almost destroyed?
He had finished filling in the hole, just in time. His hands were trembling too hard to use the shovel any longer. The King was remembering the night Cyrena's body was sent back to him, from Queen Solara. His young daughter had died trying to assassinate Solara, and why? Because she wanted to impress her father. Because she wanted to finally be noticed. And when Alastair realized his mistake, it was far too late.
Some horrible noises from inside Parliament disturbed Alastair from his painful memories. The King clenched his fists. This could wait; he needed to make sure people weren't killing each other. He went inside and rushed down the hallway. By the time he arrived, three bloody bodies were already on the floor. He had arrived just in time to see Virisia walking away from them. What was going on?
"What happened here?" Alastair demanded, feeling his familiar anger begin to rise. He knew his most loyal assassin never attacked without reason. She was the most likely to prevent fights within the allies of Parliament. So then, what had these three done to warrant murder?

---

The Sanctuary

Timpani finally jolted awake with a basilisk-like snarl. Wait, basilisks didn't snarl. What did then? Timpani didn't really care, she was pretty ticked off about that stupid... whatever it was. Normal people would call that a 'dream', wouldn't they. Well that load of disgrace wasn't real and never would be. Agatha could go disgrace her family name with a Participation ribbon in an athletic event against kindergarten boys. If Agatha thought a ridiculous dream like that could do anything, then Agatha herself was the real joke.
Grumbling and cursing under her breath, she literally rolled out of bed and barely landed on her feet. Her back was aching. Maybe those stupid kids from the village outskirts had pranked her. She wiped her eyes, wondering why everything was still so dark. Hesenia was freakin' flat. Those round-Hesenia theorists were dumb. It should have been light by now, regardless of the season. This was stupid.
And not only did her back ache, but her legs felt shaky. What the actual disgrace. Timpani sat back on her bed-
"BED?!"
What in the name of Judge Zelkova's grandmother! Timpani had never slept in her entire life until now. She remembered it all clearly now. They were at the Sanctuary. It was dark because of some stupd curse. She and Mayne had been settling down for a nap, at the base of an old oak tree. She was using the adorable lil cook as a pillow and everything. Wait.
Mayne! Where the disgrace was he?
Timpani took off running, barely holding herself back from smashing through the door. She heard something crack but she didn't care. She didn't bother with the stairs, rather leaped over the railing and landed with a CRASH on the floorboards below. She tore through the house and ripped open the back door (which produced another crack), then sprinted towards the oak tree. How the heck did they get upstairs from there? Had she freakin' sleepwalked carrying him?!
And he wasn't even at the tree. Timpani was going to kill Agatha for this. She would turn the disgrace into something resembling her own lasagna she tried to cook once. She would cuss Agatha out so vulgarly, all children within a ten kilometer radius would need to be evacuated to a preschool. The sheer hatred in the swear words would kill Agatha all over again. This senile old woman had no right moving people around.
There was some kind of commotion on the far side of the clearing. Right by the treeline. Timpani could make out reddish hair, and she didn't need to be told twice. She sprinted towards the people, easily overtaking Luno, who was already approaching them. Sure enough, Mayne was there. Timpani breathed a sigh of relief.
And then she realized he had his arms around Xia. Timpani clenched her fists, but decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. Mayne was calming her down after what appeared to be a bloody fight. Timpani scowled, seeing the bodies and the bloodstained trident. Mayne, her Mayne, could be in danger. But Timpani was hesitating to attack Xia without confirmation. Maybe there was a great mistake. Timpani had grew up with Xia, who lived on the outskirts of Windwoods. But most people still considered her part of the village. Nobody left her out of anything, unless she herself didn't want to join in. Timpani had warmed up to the kid after a while. It was highly doubtful this girl would start stabbing innocent children for absolutely no reason.
Before she could demand an explanation, Xia started saying ridiculous things. Timpani scowled at the mention of Agatha's name, and she clenched her fists even tighter. That lowly outhouse scum of a woman. What the disgrace did Agatha think she was doing with Timpani's friends?
"You are awake," Timpani informed Xia very clearly. Yeah. Timpani had never slept before until tonight, so she was definitely disoriented once she woke up. Maybe Xia had just woke up too. Hard to tell with the constant darkness overhead and the moon always shining. Xia just needed a reminder.
As for Timpani. She needed to know what the disgrace was going on here. Jen and Regina screamed at Xia for something she must have said, and Jen's fire suddenly began incinerating the grass. It died down quickly, without destroying anything else except people's shoes. Anna was trying to calm people down, mostly Jen who seemed extremely upset. At least Jennifer had regained control before her supernatural fire killed anyone, but this was still outrageous. Timpani clenched her teeth, shaking her head at the behavior all around her. Nothing was making sense here.
"I will, Flynn. Do not worry," Luno's situationally inappropriate calm voice sounded inside Timpani's head. "Rowan, Flynn is going to get Lily. Cyprian is already gone, but please help any-"
The healer arrived at a frantic run, looking horrible. He wasn't crying at this point, but tears had worn visible streaks across his exhausted features. He fell to his knees with such a devastated expression that even Timpani felt bad.
"I was... I was t-too late..."
Timpani clenched her jaw. When she spoke, one could easily hear her mother's influence in the deep, gruff undertones of her voice. "Can someone explain what happened here."
Luno finally arrived. Why he had been freakin' walking at such a slow pace, Timpani didn't understand. Well until she saw how wrong everything was. Luno's usual smile was gone, and his normally-optimistic golden brown eyes were darkened with an unknown emotion. Yes, something was certainly wrong. The moonlight coming from the sky was only half as bright as before. What in the name of Ada's girlfriend.
"I'm sorry," The old King said in an uncharacteristically labored and quiet voice. "Everyone was under a curse from Agatha. Cyprian came back to the Sanctuary, and he accidentally killed Silas by touching him. Xia killed Cyprian for it. Cadence and Cedar are also..."
Luno trailed off, but gestured to where Cyprian had fallen. The boy had landed against the two elders, who were now soaked with his blood and equally motionless.
"I'm so sorry, my children. I had not even realized he was there. The evil Agatha brought into this place, the hate and anger I can feel right now, it is making me so tired." Luno shook his head slowly.
Timpani was swamped with first confusion, then rage. And then finally something like grief. She had never been an emotional person. But Silas, her best childhood friend... was dead because of...
"Ignorance," Timpani said with deadly, forced calm in her voice. Her face showed her rage and she did not hide it. "Four people died today. All because people acted without thinking."
"Regina?" Luno said quietly, placing a small hand on the blonde's arm. "I need to talk with you somewhere quiet."
Timpani breathed deeply. Regina was the person here who seemed most likely to continue fighting. Jen and Xia were upset beyond anger, and both of them had a friend to calm them down. Luno and Rowan were not going to fight, And Timpani knew she wouldn't. She was going to protect her friends, not beat them up for stupid reasons. While she could understand Xia's anger, Timpani didn't approve of it. Xia was not blameless. She had technically killed three people, possibly more, since Cilan was missing completely from this scene. Knowing Cilan, he had charged into the fray early and got himself killed. So that was five deaths because of sheer impulsiveness.
Rowan had gone to his father's side, and was completely silent, just kneeling there and staring down. Timpani heaved a sigh. She would need to pay her respects to Mayor Cadence, her sister who she never quite made peace with. But first she had to take care of those still alive.
She walked a step closer, and slowly knelt beside Xia and Mayne. Timpani tried to convince herself, she was just protecting Mayne in case Xia tried anything. But who was she kidding? Xia was her friend too. That energetic girl with the bright blue eyes. She had finally given Silas courage, something even Timpani had failed to do for her best friend. And now he was gone, and she was broken.
"Hey," Timpani murmured. Her voice had gone back to normal. It was still rough and stern, but it did not sound like Vulcana's rage any longer. "We're here for you now."
She put her hand on Xia's forehead, then slid her eyelids shut. "Now shut up and sleep, 'kay? Please."
There, she said it. She used manners. And what was Agatha going to do about that? Huh? Absolutely nothing. "That's what I thought," Timpani thought vengefully. Agatha was going to get some serious justice. Timpani was furious just seeing her friends like this, and she made a mental promise this would never happen again. Freakin' punk was going to get a sword through her ol' ribcage.
Timpani sat down and put her arm around Mayne, showing gentleness that surprised even herself. No doubt he deserved a hug after everything that happened. And Mayne, by calming down Xia, might have spared the lives of everyone here. Had the situation escalated, Xia, Jen, Regina, everyone... They all might have killed each other out of rage. And they would never get a chance to right their wrongs.
Timpani was silent for a long while. Who had saved the day? It was not the tough, strong warriors like Jen and Timpani herself. It was not knowledgeable old Luno who could see into their minds. It was not the powerful healer Rowan, or the sharp-minded Flynn. No. Today everyone's savior was Mayne. Sweet, kind, timid little Mayne. Her Mayne.
"I'm so proud of you," Timpani told him. "My little hero."
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheFae » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:45 am

Kelly
Tagged: Clove, Cilan, and Jonah

Kelly smiled at her adopted children, her heart filled with so much love she was sure it was going to spill out. She knew Clove was still embarrassed by her death, but Kelly was determined to turn it around. Almost as determined as a certain protector she knew. Kelly let go of the two siblings, and walked over to her actual son.
"I have to return to your father. I think you should visit Janice next, and tell her that Sorcha is escorting the group to the Sanctuary." She murmured gently, hugging her son. She didn't want to go into more detail, and she didn't need too. Janice was smart and would understand.
"I love you all." Kelly smiled to her children before she exited.

Jonah
17 going on a million
Tagged: Clove and Cilan

Jonah smiled as his mom left, and then returned his attention back to the other two.
"There will be no killing whenever everyone is already dead." Jonah teased, walking over to Clove, and hugging her tightly from behind. He rested his chin on the top of her head, and was ready to restrain her to the best of his ability. She was strong, and she could easily slip out of his arms. Clove was a forced to be reckoned with. Hurricane, earthquakes, tornadoes, and even eruptions had nothing on Clove's wrath.
"We have to visit Janice, Clove. My mother told us to tell her that Sorcha is escorting the group to Sanctuary." Jonah murmured in Clove's ear. He didn't need Cilan to hear him and know about Amber yet. Jonah didn't want to ruin the surprise.

Amber
Tagged: Waverly, and the rest of her Pack

Amber stood back and waited, watching the tender moment when Waverly carried his brother into the ocean. Tears were slowly running down her face, and she didn't bother to wipe them away. She was going to miss Sam, and even Kristina. Their deaths, she felt, were unnecessary, but Livius and Zelkova had a plan. They wouldn't have allowed these lives to be taken unnecessarily, they just wouldn't.
Waverly walked back, and he addressed her. She smiled when he said they were family. Her heart filled with joy and love, remembering how it felt to have family.
"Families stick together, and we protect each other." She smiled, reaching out and holding Waverly's hand. She needed touch like she needed air, and the touch from family calmed her the most. She not only had the Lin's, but she also had her Pack.
"As soon as Kale and the rest of the Imani's are ready, we will begin moving once more. We'll camp out in the forest for the night, and share our favorite stories of our fallen family." Amber announced, feeling stronger.
She was not going to be a tyrant, she was going to be an Alpha.

Mayne
Tagged: Everyone

Mayne just held Xia, hoping that Jen would not erupt on everyone. He was somehow keeping calm, despite his racing heart. Truth be told, he was terrified. He didn't know if he truly did deescalate everything, and he didn't know if he just stalled the inevitable. As much as he wanted to calm everyone, he knew he could only calm one person at a time. Xia was on the top of his list, since she had recently killed two people.
He then a heard a voice he had been dying to hear, and his heart slowed. His head snapped up, as tears filled his eyes. Timpani was safe, and she was here. He would have cried out in relief, but he didn't want the others to know just how scared he truly was. Timpani walked over, her muscles rippling with each step. She was powerful, and she loved him. Mayne was truly surprised at her restraint when she addressed Xia, and when she wrapped an arm around him, he couldn't help but to lean into her embrace.
She would protect him. She would protect all of them.
But the thing that made his tears fall, was when she spoke to him.
"I''m so proud of you. My little hero."
Those simple words engrained themselves into his heart, and made him feel important. His heart nearly exploded.
"I love you, Timpani." He whispered, happy tears running down his face. He was a hero, but more importantly, he was Timpani's hero.

Regina
Tagged: Luno

Regina was still ready to fight, and now Timpani woke up. Regina lowered her Scythe, but was holding onto it with a deathlike grip. There should have been more death and carnage here. She could have wiped most of them out, but stupid Mayne just had to save everyone from her wrath.
He was going to be one of the first to die when Agatha unleashed her hell. Then, someone touched her, and she was ready to snarl at the person. She turned, only to find Luno. She hid her anger, and looked sad.
"Of course, sir, lead the way." She murmured gently, allowing her lower lip to tremble. She was curious though.
What did the Dream King want with her?

KellyArtemisFae
she/her pronounsengineerwriter

for the strength of the pack is the wolf,
and the strength of the
wolf is the pack.

EruditeDistrict Ravenclaw

signature & avatar made by

TheFae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby passione » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:40 am

♘— ""

age † 17gender † femalepower † aura manipulationcrush † silas meistheme † xform † x
tagged † timpani, all

Xia had the most respect for Timpani right now. It wasn’t long ago that Xia thought she’d be fuming when she woke up, but it was quite clearly the opposite. She knew Timpani wasn’t the smartest in the world but it was blatant that she knew what had gone down. Xia didn’t hear anyone explain. Timpani had asked her to shut up and sleep. She did so politely. Xia obeyed her orders for two reasons. One, she was still quite afraid of what Timpani would do if she disobeyed. Two, this was the first time she had heard that girl say “please”.

She was almost certain that Timpani missed Silas as much as she did. Those two were close before she had even met him officially. Xia drifted off. She didn’t quite believe it when Timpani said that she was awake. Perhaps Xia didn’t want to believe her. She wanted to wake up to Silas staring down at her with those gorgeous green eyes. She wanted him to shake her awake and say “good morning, darling” because that’s the only way she could ever feel comforted again.

Oh legends, she missed Silas with all her heart and it hadn’t been close to half an hour since he passed. Did Xia even have the insanity to hate Cyprian anymore? Did she hate Cilan enough to kill him or did she just do it out of spite? If anyone deserved to die, it would have been Regina. She should have been killing Regina. There was no point in trying to get up away from Mayne just to attempt murder again. If Xia looked deep enough into Regina’s aura, she’d know that it wouldn’t be simple to rid of that woman. In her slumber, she heard Luno take Regina elsewhere. Xia hoped it was to expose her… for whatever she’s done in the past. Xia really had no idea.

♕—

age † 17gender † femalepower † shadow manipulationcrush † n/atheme † xform † x
tagged † olivia

"I could if I wanted to," Amelia responded. "Can't hang out with you after class, though, I'm sorry. Zelkova... Is taking me to see my father."

✞—

age † 17gender † malepower † enhanced reflexescrush † akiria saitotheme † xform † x
tagged † acacia, blythe, peregrine

It hadn’t been long since Vaxas started off to find Blythe Kale. He regretted leaving alone instead of assembling a team first. He didn’t want to bug anyone. It was a stupid reason and he really had no excuse for disobeying Camilla’s orders. The storm in his head raged on as he marched through the desert with his bag of supplies. Vaxas was an hour and a half away from the camp before he laid eyes on a silhouette trudging down a sand dune.

Upon closer inspection, the figure was carrying two others— with ease. The features of this person fell into place when Vaxas drew nearer. One of the two being carried was unconscious, the other looked terrified. It was easier to tell that the figure was a female, though Vaxas couldn’t point anything out to support that statement. Maybe this person was nonbinary. It didn’t matter.
    “…Wait. That’s Blythe Kale,” Vaxas mumbled as if that hadn’t occurred to him before. It really hadn’t. He approached the tall female without hesitation. Why would Vaxas hesitate at all? It’s not like he feared that his life was going to be taken.
    “Ma’am, I believe you have the one I’ve been searching for. Blythe Kale. I come from Camilla Fairchild’s army. I thank you for taking him all this way but he must return with me now.” He paused for a second, trying to remember if he had forgotten to say anything of significance. “Oh, yeah. My name is Vaxas. Er… Vaxas Tavrinth. May I inquire your name, ma’am?”
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me