☀ The Sanctuary ☀ teens with powers ☀ Closed!

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Once the drama cools down a bit, want a timeskip?

Yes, skip to when the FIRST army is arriving at the Sanctuary. But have the other armies arrive pretty quickly after the first.
50%
Yes, skip to when the LAST army finally arrives at the Sanctuary.
30%
NO!!!
20%

Total votes : 10

Re: The Sanctuary (teens with powers)

Postby SunnyJustice » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:17 pm

The Sanctuary

Gavotte realized Jen probably had some retrograde amnesia, judging by her loss of memory and the ice-pack on her head. He didn't know what exactly had caused the blow to the head. Most likely it was a basilisk. They were all dead now, which was good. The six fiery warriors had fended off an entire invasion. Hundreds of gigantic snakes with deadly-poisonous fangs, and they had all been defeated. Gavotte was intensely proud of everyone who helped, but especially Jen.
"We were attacked by hundreds of basilisks," The boy explained with a gentle smile. "You were one of the front-line fighters, because the fire elements are immune to basilisks' deadly eyes. You also started the fire that kept the basilisks from advancing too far. When the battle was almost over, you hit your head- I could hear it. I think you lost your memory of the fight, but I'm just glad there's no other damage."
He smiled when she mentioned dinner. "I'm definitely hungry. Want to get something to eat?"

Timpani wondered if the smoke from the fire was affecting Mayne.
"That's fine. But none of us brought clothes." Timpani herself hadn't brought anything to the Sanctuary, and nobody else had. Almost everything was destroyed when Windwoods was ruined.
"You must have burned the Adamsons' clothes," She concluded. Luno and Cedar had lived at the Sanctuary, probably with other refugees of the family too. The others were probably dead, and Luno and Cedar would definitely understand.
Of course I understand! It's all good, my friends! A cheerful soprano voice exclained in Timpani's head.
Why say this to me, and not Mayne?
Oh, sweetie... I'm saying this to both of you! Mayne can hear me too!

She shook her head and held Mayne closer. He fit perfectly in her arms, and she did not want to let go. It was like holding a baby kitten or a small puppy. She could stay like this forever.
The cabin door had actually been broken off its hinges by the teenagers stampeding inside for food. Timpani chuckled and walked up the porch, then entered the wooden cabin. Food smells were heavy in the air.
Reluctantly, she set Mayne down on the carpet floor. He was capable of walking. If Timpani went into the kitchen carrying him, people might think he was hurt or something. And then there would be a fuss, and she would probably get ticked off because the healer would be too touchy.
"You hungry?" She asked, taking his hand firmly but gently, a gesture of reassurance she would always stand by him. "I'll come with you."

---

Birvale Beach

Solara listened to Amber's words carefully. The first time, she was very confused. The second time she understood better; well more specifically, she understood about her own lack of understanding when it came to jokes. Solara was a very literal person. All jokes were just statements to her. They made other people laugh, but Solara didn't laugh because a statement was a statement. She didn't understand why people laughed.
"... Thank you. I understand now," She said, nodding observantly. She wondered why Amber was not asleep yet. It would be safe here, and she would be warm.
They had just reached the sand when Amber asked if they had almost arrived.
"... We are still far."
As she walked through the beach, she took precautions to avoid melting the sand into glass. They were slowly making their way towards the bridge. The sky overhead was still darkened with the curse.
It seemed to be a little darker and colder than before.
"Do you feel that?" Samuel said irritably. "It's like the breeze picked up again. Weird. I haven't felt wind since the sun went away, but this wind..."
Ivana shook her head and stopped in her tracks. Sparks were coming off her uncontrollably. "I can feel the tension in the air. I don't think this is wind..."
Solara turned around and focused. Luno, can you-
Everyone, Agatha is coming!
Luno's voice exclaimed in Solara's mind, and she knew all the others heard him too. Vivien, douse her with as much water as possible. Amber and Ivana, use that conductor and zap her with all your might. But all of you, stay behind Solara and don't engage directly!
Good Luno. He always knew how to co-ordinate the team's attacks.
Solara put Amber down behind her, and stepped forward so she was standing defensively between everyone and the incoming wind. "... Stay behind me," She reminded them. "... Vivien, Amber, Ivana. Be ready to strike."
They would have to aim their arcs of water and electricity around her, but she was putting trust in their abilities. They could kill Agatha, just not permanently. Fortunately, she rarely attacked the same place twice in the same day. She was too fickle, Solara knew that. She was spontaneous, unpredictable.
Spontaenity and unpredictability won battles. It had before. It was why Agatha was the terror of Hesenia.
But steadfastness and perseverance would win the war. And that was why Solara was the protector of Hesenia.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheFae » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:47 pm

Amber
Tagged: The Witch herself and others

Amber was ecstatic to finally hear Luno in her head.
"Now you talk to me?" She teased, but she knew her task was important. Once Solara put her down, Amber turned to Ivana.
"Let's take out this inductor." Amber smiled at her sister. Amber knew her power was not as strong yet, as she hadn't had time to recharge. She was still going to give it all she got. Amber then turned and waited for the evil witch to show her face.
Agatha was not going to walk out of here alive.

Mayne
Tagged: Timpani

Mayne blushed when Timpani admitted they didn't bring any clothes. There were so many clothes he burned, he must have burned someone else's.
"Yeah, I'll definitely eat something. As long as you eat with me." Mayne boldly smiled. He liked how Timpani was holding his hand like she could not stop touching him. Mayne loved it.

KellyArtemisFae
she/her pronounsengineerwriter

for the strength of the pack is the wolf,
and the strength of the
wolf is the pack.

EruditeDistrict Ravenclaw

signature & avatar made by

TheFae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hellb0und » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:44 am

jen

( powerfire manipulation ) ( locationthe sanctuary ) ( tagsgavotte ) ( crushgavotte )

Jennifer listened to Gavotte as he spoke, "Thank you, that explains the throbbing headache." Smiling at the boy before he spoke again, "Yea, lets go get something to eat." She took his hand and began walking towards the dining table, now realizing how hungry she'd truly been. The food here was abundant, unlike her household which had little food at all. In a way, Jen secretly missed hunting. After all she hadn't been capable of doing so for awhile. At the same time she had an endless appreciation for how much food was provided, it was as if they'd never run out. Food no longer was a problem though, they were in a war and who knows what other creatures they'd run into. That isn't even taking into account the people. "What would you like?" She asked Gavotte, pulling herself from her thoughts.

vivien

( powerwater manipulation ) ( locationbirvale beach ) ( tagssolara/the group ) ( crushno one at the moment )

When the soprano began speaking to her in her own head she was rather confused. Who is this? Realizing he could hear her, Vivien didn't speak any further as he gave her directions. Will do. She responded. Looking around she waited for the witch to appear, better known as Agatha. She was powerful alright, and Vivien was sure she could even be defeated. It'd been done before, but who knows if they could do it again? She made an attempt to do as she was asked, but her powers had been drained. She'd need some type of water source before she'd be capable of doing anything. "I need water, do you have any?" Vivien directed her words towards Solara. Once she'd been able to get a drink, the other two females would go on and zap her, which should kill her at least for now. Although she'd simply respawn somewhere else. On the bright side, it'd be away from them. On the other hand wherever she goes she'll simply cause chaos and destruction, what Agatha had done best. She was worse than Alastair, much worse. Agatha easily made him look like nothing but a feeble puppy.
Last edited by hellb0und on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hellb0und

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolf? » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:48 am

xX|Jade|Xx wrote:Jade let go of his hand as everyone came into the cabin, "Sure." she said with a small smile. Jade started walking towards the kitchen as most others did.
To all of my rps; I've been having lots of depression and anxiety issues lately and will tend to disappear for a week or so, so please be patient! I did not forget about you, I just don't have the will in me to get on every day. I will try to reply once or twice a week.
Throw me to the wolves
Tomorrow I will come back leader of the whole pack!
wolf?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azaline » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:02 am

S I L A S

Silas just ran a hand through his hair, smiling dazedly. Food was good. Xia was good. Safety was good. He then laughed, hugging her until she pulled away. Whatever she wanted he would do.

"Do they have macaroni?" He asked quite seriously, watching the others in the cabin quietly. Hmm, he thought. There sure were a lot of people. More people meant safer though, right? He didn't mind, then. Instead he watched Xia and her majesty. How curious she was. How curious how she found him.

As she had begun to turn away, Jaai heard the smashing of glass and quickly whipped back, ice forming across her hands. When she saw just Cyprian's back the ice faded. She tilted her head just a bit, wondering what happened. He trembled, and she approached him cautiously.

Then she saw the blood and the window. She saw the shattered glass on the floor. She saw the horror in Cyprian's expression. Had he just... smashed the window?

Silently, she took his hand, removing some glass. The she frosted his bloody knuckles.

"I'll see if there's any gauze or whatever at my shop," she whispered. She dismissed what just happened and took his unharmed hand. Leading him away from the store would probably calm him. She didn't know. She just hoped this would be over soon.
Azaline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby passione » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:16 am

『Reidun ❝Xia❞ Olsen』
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬♘▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
╔═══════════════════════════════════════╗
Tʜᴇ Cᴀʙɪɴ ◍ 17 ◍ Aᴜʀᴀ ᴍᴀɴɪᴘᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ◍ Cʀᴜsʜ: Sɪʟᴀs
Tᴀɢɢᴇᴅ: Silas

╚═══════════════════════════════════════╝

Xia only found herself returning his smile. He was simply the cutest person she'd ever seen.
She took him by the hand and began to lead him towards the kitchen.
They had been standing just by the front door before, and the kitchen wasn't a long walk away.
"I wonder. I'm really feeling some mac 'n cheese. What do you think?"
She asked Silas, pulling herself closer to him until their shoulders were brushing.

"What's up, people!?"
Xia shouted as she entered the rather crowded room.
The war may have been long from over, but they were going to get this party started.
She was absolutely starving... and needed that drink of water.
Last edited by passione on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD

┌────────────────┐

yo. i'm xia. gone from cs but never
forgotten. find me on fr!

i like jjba, lunch club and bts.
suffering from jschlatt brainrot.

they/them pronouns please

└────────────────┘
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:35 pm

The Sanctuary Cabin

Gavotte chuckled. Of course the headache wasn't funny, but the way Jen talked about it was. "I hope you feel better quickly," The boy said sincerely. Squeezing her hand with a smile, he followed her to the table. His stomach growled loudly and very impolitely as he approached.
"Excuse me," He laughed as he put a hand over his stomach. It sounded like he had a Manticore of his own inside him. Gavotte looked over the table carefully.
"How about some garlic bread?" He suggested, taking two slices and handing one to Jen. He did love garlic bread, but it would taste even better if they ate together.

Timpani nodded. She definitely had to eat. With her appetite, she could probably finish off two entire drumsticks. Not from a chicken (that was silly), but rather from a Roc.
"Yes." That was all she said before walking towards the kitchen. It was loud in there and people were talking in raised, boisterous voices. Timpani was sure she would keep her temper under control with Mayne here, though. She was reluctant to even let him go, after the attack they had just endured.
As they walked through the hallways of the old cabin, she turned to him. "Have you ever been angry, Mayne?" She asked him. It was something that suddenly crossed her mind, if Mayne had ever been angry with anyone. He was always so sweet. If someone did manage to enrage him, then Timpani would probably be blinded with fury just thinking about them.
It would be a good exercise controlling her temper.

---

Sanctuary Kitchen

"What's up, people?!" Xia's voice sounded throughout the loud kitchen.
"The moon!" Luno exclaimed, smiling widely. He was just being his normal self, keeping tabs on everyone. He didn't judge. Like his wife, he just wanted to help his people the best he could. They did have good intentions, they just occasionally expressed it in very different ways.
"Come, grab a seat," Cedar said with an exhausted smile. Luno could tell he was tired, a deep kind of fatigue that extended beyond the mind and body. He would have to talk with the poor mortal later.
He felt pure rage radiating from Cadence, who was completely silent. Luno probed her thoughts and found only an incoherent mess of anger. There weren't even any proper thoughts. Just intense fury.
He would have to talk with her soon, too.
"You're hungry," Luno told Xia brightly. "And thirsty."
As he said this, he was already pouring a cup of water. Fresh water from the lake she wanted to drink from earlier. He held it out to her, smiling warmly. "Here you go, sweetie! As for food, you may serve yourself."

---

Capital City

Cyprian nodded shakily and watched as Jaai used her power on his knuckles. The chill was harsh at first, but quickly subsided until it was bearable. He squeezed her hand, hopefully not too hard, and walked beside her silently. He tried not to tremble but he couldn't help it.
"How was the hockey game, dearie?" Atalanta cooed as young Cyprian walked in through the door.
The six-year-old boy's eyes were bright. "Coach said I did a good job!"
Atalanta squealed and opened her arms wide, but then the hallway went silent as Alastair entered. His green eyes were critical as he walked over, and stood in front of his son. Cyprian met his father's gaze. If he looked away, he knew he would be punished for his 'cowardice.'
"Cut the useless disgrace," Alastair sneered. "Did you win?"
"No, papa, but I-"
SLAP!
"Useless, as always." Alastair snarled.
Cyprian looked at his mother, but she was already backing away. He flinched away from Alastair, tears pooling in his eyes as he shakily clutched his burning face.
"What's that I see?" Alastair taunted, taking a step closer. "A real man never shakes. A real man never cries. And a real man never loses. I wanted a son, not two daughters."

Cyprian scowled remembering the moment. He decided he shouldn't feel ashamed for trembling. Anything that Alastair said, Cyprian was going to do the opposite.
He was going to find Queen Solara and bow down to her. And he would make sure Alastair heard about it.
"Thank you, Jaai." Cyprian said. He felt a lot calmer now, and more determined. He was still angry but he would use his anger for a good cause. When he got the chance.

Alastair had received word of several deaths. Dawn and Ashton. Dawn had apparently been killed by a traitorous Timekeeper, while Ashton had been murdered by a citizen who had enough of him. Alastair could not believe his people were disobeying him and beginning to rebel.
He would just have to be a lot harsher. No more Mr. Nice Guy.
He already had that Jason guy executed for possible involvement. Alastair couldn't kill the actual Timekeeper family himself, or the country would revolt for not having electricity. He would just need to have his other assassin do it. Fortunately that other assassin was already in position.

---

Birvale Beach

Ivana was still bitter about the soprano man screaming in her brain. He had one of those soft, but very clear and powerful voices. Ivana was jealous because her own voice never filled up a room.
She had killed several people with her power today, but she hopefully had some left. Most of it felt like static electricity, the stuff that gave Timekeepers the flu. Ivana was confident she had enough power to channel that static into something focused, at least focused enough to help take down Agatha. Both she and Amber were exhausted, she knew that.
"I can't wait," Ivana told her sister with a devious gleam in her eye. She was ready to take down this old battery. Agatha was the type of useless battery that couldn't even be recycled.
"Girls, I'm ready to strike when you are." She was actually smiling. Ivana had no remorse about killing. She thought she would feel guilty over ending people's lives, but she did it surprisingly easily.

Solara on the other hand, was not looking forward to more death and destruction. Agatha needed to be removed from the situaton promptly, but there couldn't be any other casualties. These teenagers did not deserve to die.
She watched in silence as a figure ran across the sand, black hair flying freely. A deranged laugh could be heard echoing over the silent beach. All around her, everything seemed to darken and lose its liveliness. Sand became duller, air became colder and foggier, water half-froze into dirty slush.
Solara held her ground. Her arms were spread out protectively at her sides, half restraining the teenagers and half signalling for Agatha to stay back. She just needed to be close enough, so the girls could launch their synchronized attacks.
Vivien asked for water. Solara did not say a word, rather she simply gestured to the open sea.
Agatha stopped running when she was within a fair distance. Casually, she walked towards the refugees, strutting towards them in an exaggerated way.
"What're ya doin', hothead?" Agatha sneered. "Long time, no see."
Solara was silent, breathing slowly.
"Just as stupid as ya always were," Agatha laughed. "What do ya think yer doin'?"
Silence. Why had the girls not attacked yet?
Vivien's exhausted, Luno explained to her quickly. She was in jail so long without water, she can't control her power fast enough. The Timekeepers are down to a fraction of their normal power. They need the water or Agatha will just laugh off their shocks.
Solara understood. She would just have to hold Agatha off until Vivien was ready.
"... Behind me," She reminded everyone. If they weren't directly behind her, there would be consequences.
"Still tryin' to play the hero?" Agatha taunted.
Solara saw the familiar beam of dark icy energy in her hands, and she knew this would be an one-sided battle. She would have to take the fall for them, and somehow stay standing to shield them from the next attack. She braced herself and allowed Agatha's destructive power to hit her head-on.
When the darkness cleared, she said nothing. Two of the children had stood behind her, but not directly enough to be shielded from the attack. It was the Windwoods Mayor's daughter, and another girl from her village. Their crumpled bodies lay motionless in the sand.
"Well, ya better learn. Ya can't protect everybody." Agatha yawned loudly, deliberately.
Just hang on, Luno pleaded. Vivien's not ready. She could explode and hurt you.
"... Vivien." Solara said again. Even if her power ended up going out of control, at least it would end up drenching Agatha too. And then Amber and Ivana could finish the job.
In the meantime, she would just stand here. Agatha would not be killing any more innocent people. Unfortunately Solara was directly in Vivien's path, but there were sacrifices a gentlewomen needed to make.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hellb0und » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:00 am

jen

( powerfire manipulation ) ( locationthe sanctuary ) ( tagsgavotte ) ( crushgavotte )

She laughed as his stomach made a loud growl, clearly he'd needed something to eat. When he offered her garlic bread she nodded, "Yea, that sounds good." Politely taking the garlic bread from Gavotte, she released her hand from his. "Here, start eating." Jen spoke gently, but she didn't want to keep him waiting any longer. Now with the ice and garlic bread in hand she continued searching the table, looking over what there had been to eat. Taking a fair amount of food, she offered some to Gavotte. For the most part it'd been different meats, things she was used to eating. "Any of this appear appetizing?" Jennifer held up the plate.

vivien

( powerwater manipulation ) ( locationbirvale beach ) ( tagssolara/the group ) ( crushno one at the moment )

Vivien grew nervous, aware her powers may spiral out of control. This time there was no doubt something would go wrong. Although she also knew if they didn't end the witch soon, they'd have bigger fish to fry. She didn't know what to say. Without another thought or word Vivien did as she was told, and sent a spiral of water at Agatha. Of course, it ended up hitting Solara as well. "Solara!" She knew Agatha was just going to cackle, make comments on how weak they are against her. All it did was enrage her even more. Disgrace! What am I going to do?! She screamed at herself in her head, looking up at Solara who was now drenched. Everything here appeared dead. The sand lost its color, the ocean was mucky, and the air dropped in temperature. She knew Alastair was never the real threat, Agatha was. Now that she was released and capable of being in Hesenia, everything would grow chaotic. Places destroyed, people killed, and there was even the possibility of their world falling overall. Vivien wouldn't let this happen, as well as the others who were willing to fight. They'd defeat Agatha somehow.
hellb0und

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby passione » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:08 am

『Reidun ❝Xia❞ Olsen』
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬♘▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
╔═══════════════════════════════════════╗
Tʜᴇ Cᴀʙɪɴ ◍ 17 ◍ Aᴜʀᴀ ᴍᴀɴɪᴘᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ◍ Cʀᴜsʜ: Sɪʟᴀs
Tᴀɢɢᴇᴅ: Silas/Luno

╚═══════════════════════════════════════╝

Luno's comment had gotten a chuckle out of Xia,
who had been just as fatigued as those who had fought the battle.
She may not have gotten an asthma attack going out there near the fire before retreating to the cabin,
but there was a small weight on her chest and her limbs did feel heavier.
This didn't stop her from maintaining her energy, though. She wasn't an aura manipulator for nothing.

Xia didn't have to take any guesses when it came to why Luno knew how she was feeling.
She only gave him a curt nod and smile, thanking him gratuitously as she took the cup with her free hand.
Xia led Silas to the table as she took eager sips from the cup.
She sighed in satisfaction when the cup was drained, and furrowed her brows.
"I should probably find a few acidic foods... It's not good to be chugging water before a meal... The gastric acid in my digestive tract will lose acidity..." she mumbled to herself, placing the empty cup on he table.
She then shrugged, letting go of Silas' hand and smiled brightly at him.
"I'm gonna go get some Mac n' cheese."
Last edited by passione on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD

┌────────────────┐

yo. i'm xia. gone from cs but never
forgotten. find me on fr!

i like jjba, lunch club and bts.
suffering from jschlatt brainrot.

they/them pronouns please

└────────────────┘
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darcy_jensen » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:23 pm

l i l y // a l l i n g t o n
───────────────────────────────────────
power // teleportation crush // rowan tagged // rowan, xia, silas

with a nod, lily intertwined her fingers with his, and teleported them both back to the cabin. she didn't need to reply to his thanks, because he knew that she'd do anything to keep him happy. appearing in the kitchen beside xia and silas. "hello again," she said softly, a smile stretched across her face. "I am down for mac and cheese," she added.
darcy_jensen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me