☀ The Sanctuary ☀ teens with powers ☀ Closed!

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Once the drama cools down a bit, want a timeskip?

Yes, skip to when the FIRST army is arriving at the Sanctuary. But have the other armies arrive pretty quickly after the first.
50%
Yes, skip to when the LAST army finally arrives at the Sanctuary.
30%
NO!!!
20%

Total votes : 10

Re: The Sanctuary (teens with powers)

Postby hellb0und » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:29 am

» [➳] jennifer dire/[ tag(s) ] gavotte/[ crush ] gavotte/[ power ] accuracy and fire manipulation/[ location ] sanctuary path

Jennifer stared at the beast in disbelief, her hands erupted into a flurry of flames. Without another thought, she sent gigantic plumes of fire at the manticore. Although it swiped at her face and she took a slight blow, a steady stream of blood exposed itself. She gripped her bow and shot at its eye, in an attempt to blind it. Jen turned around making sure Gavotte was still close behind her. It took a slight blow but it wasn't enough to blind it. Again she shot at its eye, this time it let out a monstrous roar and swiped at her. Jennifer fell back for a moment but quickly regained her balance. Staring at her now bleeding leg she decided to continue sending plumes of fire at it. Hoping to burn its flesh.
                                          not on here much.
hellb0und

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby passione » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:06 am

Reidun «Xia» Olsen

╔════════════════════╗
◍Aɢᴇ: 17
◍Lᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: Mᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴsɪᴅᴇ Rᴏᴀᴅ
◍Pᴏᴡᴇʀ: Aᴜʀᴀ ᴍᴀɴɪᴘᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
◍Mᴏᴏᴅ: Pʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ᴅᴀɴɢ sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ.
╚════════════════════╝
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬♘▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Mallory!"
Xia screeched the girl's name amidst the raging cries of battle.
"Help me onto its back! I can immobilize it if I can get to its first vertebrae!"
She started for a dash in Mallory's direction, nearing the Manticore.

Xia was beginning to feel the effects of fatigue, but that didn't stop her.
She would have to keep going if she wanted to escape with her body in one piece and soul intact.
Cobalt flames engulfed her as her aura amplified.
She raised her trident in the air as to not trip over the 6 foot shaft.
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD

┌────────────────┐

yo. i'm xia. gone from cs but never
forgotten. find me on fr!

i like jjba, lunch club and bts.
suffering from jschlatt brainrot.

they/them pronouns please

└────────────────┘
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby artemis, » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:29 am

She turned fast at the sound of her name. "Uhh... okay! I don't know if I'm strong enough, the manticore gave me a blow to the shoulder." She said, gesturing to the gashes in a line on her arm. However despite that she was in a lot of pain, she hooked her hands under Xia's foot and lifted her hastily, wincing at her arm's gashes. She wobbled a bit but got Xia on the beast. Her aura was completely visible in all the chaos, but all that was left was a flaring temper. Her encounter with Flynn made her more than happy to take down the beast. Turning into a wolf, she went for it's front. Shooting arrow after arrow at it's face, it swiped with both front limbs, sending her nearly tumbling off the cliff. Thankfully, she caught herself and pulled herself back up over the edge.
she/her
artemis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby passione » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:47 am

Reidun «Xia» Olsen

╔════════════════════╗
◍Mᴏᴏᴅ: Pʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ᴅᴀɴɢ sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ.
╚════════════════════╝
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬♘▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Crap."
Xia hadn't realized that Mallory was injured herself.
She clutched at the manticore's fur, pulling herself up as to ease some of the weight off Mallory's arm.
Straining her wouldn't do any good, even if she were to be healed.

The Manticore had been moving around as the others attacked, didn't make it much easier for Xia to move to the neck of this large beast.
Her feet followed the notches of its spine, her dirtied grey flats, buried in it's dense fur.
Xia's nose was still streaming with blood, and a bruise had formed just along the bridge of her nose.
It may have been broken.

"Thanks, Mal! Be careful!"
She shouted, cupping a free hand around her mouth.
Her eyes trailed over the neck where the notch over it's first vertabrae would have been.
Setting up a full blast of aural power, her Trident becomes caught up in the twine of energy that had engulfed her as well.
"No mistakes, no mistakes."
Xia seemed to jinx herself though, as the Manticore reared up a bit sending her stumbling.
Xia's trident missed the first vertabrae completely, instead, piercing the deltoid muscles between its wings.
Good enough.

She releases the blast, a strong shock wave that would shatter the bone beneath her trident.
Her amulet couldn't amplify anymore than this.
This blow would have weakened its hind legs, and caused its wings to be obsolete, and if not, completely useless.
The Manticore didn't seem to be finished though, as it reared up on its hind legs again, turning to roar a deafening roar at Xia, who fell straight off its back due to her lack of energy and lung capacity.
She laid face first upon the ground, gasping for air.

"D-disgrace... Not... Again..."

xia has an asthma attack part 2
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD

┌────────────────┐

└────────────────┘
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby artemis, » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:58 am

Mallory dropped to her knees weakly, surveying the scene as she gasped for air. She watched Xia with a fear until she saw her collapse. She ran towards her, and shook her shoulder a little. "Xia?!" She said, worry coating her tone. She shook her again before shouting to Rowan. She said, and moved Xia to the back. Putting a hand on her chest, she tested her breathing. "I... I think she had an asthma attack.." She said, worriedly looking down at the aura girl.
Last edited by artemis, on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
she/her
artemis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darcy_jensen » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:55 am

name: lily power: teleportation crush: definitely rowan tags: travel squad and a manticore

despite the fact her eyes were still rolled back, lily raised in eyebrow at Mal's request, puzzled that maybe the girl couldn't see what was going on. "I do think Rowan is about to destroy the creature with the amount of light coming from his hands," she explained, "so I'm not sure he is available to heal right at this moment." he was glowing impossibly bright, even in a room full of darkness. while everyone rushed around in panic or rage, he seemed calm. it's like he was a gentle pool of water, and the other's were an ocean on a stormy night.

pulling herself out of the dreamlike state, she blinked a few times, before teleporting to Xia's side. "You've got to stay sitting upright, for the sake of your lungs and airways," she muttered, pushing the girl up a little into a sitting position.
darcy_jensen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheFae » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:17 pm

Flynn
Tagged: Cilan and Rowan and Everyone Else

"You want to tick off Timp, huh?" Flynn smiled, though it was lopsided. His head was pounding, and he was pretty sure he had a concussion.
"Let's go then." He smirked, picking up Cilan who looked a little green. "I will kill you again if you get sick on me, and I twist left."
Flynn then ran back towards the Manticore, trying to line himself up with Rowan. He kept glancing out of the corner's of his eyes, looking for that familiar spark of white light. He was circling the Manticore, waiting for the right moment. To Flynn's surprise, he saw a familiar color light. It was gold. Just like Solara's. Just like his father's. Flynn placed Cilan down in front of it, a save enough distance away from the manticore though, and booked it. As soon as he started running, his feet twisted and he tripped over a tree root. He let out a cry as he want flying, straight into a tree.

KellyArtemisFae
she/her pronounsengineerwriter

for the strength of the pack is the wolf,
and the strength of the
wolf is the pack.

EruditeDistrict Ravenclaw

signature & avatar made by

TheFae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Rue~ » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:43 pm

Anna
I turn into a mosquito but make sure my stinging part is extra long and sharp. I fly up to the manticore and stab at the other eye but I miss. It swats me and I go flying. I turn back into a human when I hit a big rock and I lie on the ground, groaning. I look at Silas. He is safe with Cadence thank Solara. I slowly start crawling back to the others and I don't notice Rowan.

Andy
"Xia." I gasp when she falls down. "Xia are you ok?" I run over and stand between her and the manticore. I turn around and drop a lightning bolt on the manticore even though it is weak since I have not eaten anything in so long like the others. We are all a bit weaker than normal because of the long journey with no food and in a cold, hard to navigate mountain. The manticore is only stunned a little bit because of how weak my attack is. I just stand there protectively but then I see my sister.
Rowan is going to do something. I can't leave Xia behind though. "Anna." I say and wave my arms at her. She looks up at me and looks confused but then she laughs.

Kale
I laugh. "Childish dreams? Oh they are not that bad. They are what any sane person would do actually. So if you don't agree with me you must be crazy." I laugh and shove Jason a little.
~Rue~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby passione » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:37 pm

Reidun «Xia» Olsen

╔════════════════════╗
◍Mᴏᴏᴅ: Sᴛᴀʏɪɴ' ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ
╚════════════════════╝
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬♘▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The dust being kicked up by the Manticore hadn't exactly helped Xia with her constricted airways.
She heard voices all around, others were helping, thank Solara.
Xia nodded frantically, grasping at her throat with both hands as she sat up.
It wasn't comfortable, and she found herself lurching forward, ready to cough her lungs up.

"No— Need time..."
She manages to wheeze out, watching Andy from the corner of her eye.
Xia wanted so badly to continue. The moment this is over, she's going back up there. She'll be out there to finish the job.
Eventually, her breaths slow into a steady pace.
This time that was given to her for the attack to blow over also gave her time to remember something.

"Everyone's okay, right?"
She asked, taking short glances around the area. It was still loud from Jen's plumes of fire setting things aflame,
from the Manticore, running loose as it tries to kill everyone.

"Silas... Where's Silas?!"
Xia had promised to protect him. In the end, she couldn't even protect herself. She needed to get back up there, to find him, at least.
There was Andy, though. Someone who hadn't thought to trust her, suddenly by her side.
She'd need to thank him later.
Xia scrambles to her feet, trying to stand.
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD

┌────────────────┐

└────────────────┘
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:30 pm

Sanctuary Path

"HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT YOUR ELDER!" Cadence roared. The manticore was not listening to her, and that was unacceptable. It was in a sitting position now since its hindquarters seemed incapacitated, and it was definitely weakened, but the disgracing thing just kept attacking. It roared and grabbed Erin and Orlando in its gaping jaws. Cadence took out its remaining eye with telekinesis, but somehow that didn't even stop the creature. The monster leaned its head back and swallowed the flailing kids whole.
"LEAVE OUR PRESENCE IMMEDIATELY-" Cadence started, but she had to stop yelling. She had lost her voice and she could barely breathe. The mayor knelt down on the ground, still holding Gwen. She looked sideways to see Rowan.
"What are you doing?" She rasped, shaking her head. "Back off, insolent teenager... you'll hurt someone."
Rowan didn't seem to hear her.
"How dare you ignore me," Cadence snapped at him.
Then she realized she could barely hear her own voice, too.

---

The Sanctuary

"Rise and shine, my sunbeam."
She awoke and met Luno's eyes. He did not flinch away from the light, rather his entire figure glowed faintly in her presence. He wore the smile she had longed to see for five years.
"But that's not exactly right, sunflower," Luno whispered, slowly running a finger down her cheek. His bright eyes glistened with unshed tears. "I still smiled for you every day. It was the first thing you saw when the sun rose, and the last thing you saw before the sun set. Just like it has always been."
Wordlessly, she stood and embraced him. It was a long time before she finally spoke.
"... And it always will be."

---

Sanctuary Path

Timpani sighed as her message was disregarded. It was infuriating. She had the temper of a volcano, and right now she was trying her hardest to keep her rage under control. People were going to get hurt if they didn't listen.
When Xia started asking frantically for Silas, Timpani simply gestured to him. He was right beside them this whole time. The nonfighters had all been shielded behind Cadence.
If only people would listen.
"Last warning- you need to get out of the way!" She called out.

---

The Sanctuary

"You know how you blessed Windwoods Village?" Luno asked, lounging on the riverbank with his feet hanging in the water. Solara was sitting behind him, not wanting to get wet. She nodded simply, and he continued.
"I did the same to the Sanctuary. That's why the sky is clear overhead."
He pointed up, and Solara looked up to see the stars. The sky was Juniper's canvas. Every constellation represented something great that someone had done for Hesenia. They all told a story, and Solara had lived through most of them. There were a few she had been absent for- most notably the creation of Hesenia itself. That was represented by a constellation shaped like the "Go" arrow in Monopoly, where the playing pieces started. Evan had designed it for a good laugh.
"I call it the Grace of the Night. As long as I live, Agatha's evil can't touch this place." With a wink, he leaned back until he was lying against her chest. "And trust me, I would never let her kill me."
"... Good."
"I've protected this corner of your garden for you," Luno reassured her, tilting his head so his ear was pressed against her chest. She knew he loved listening to her heartbeat.
"Of course I do," Luno said brightly. "I don't have to put my ear against your chest to hear it though. I can always hear your heartbeat. It's so strong and steady- it makes me feel safe just listening to it."
With a thoughtful expression, Solara nodded silently. Her protective instincts were telling her something was wrong. Luno took one look at her and knew, as he always did.
"The journeyers have arrived," Luno explained. "They're in the forest just west of here. You were talking to Rowan before you arrived. It's him you're feeling right now. You have to hurry."
"... Rowan," Solara murmured. She rose to her feet and took off at a steady but terribly slow run. But she would get there in time. She had to.
It was her purpose to protect them.

---

The Woods

Cilan nodded with a huge ridiculous grin. He couldn't wait to do something outrageously stupid. Of course he wasn't actually mad at Timpani. He liked to be pretty easygoing, unless someone was actually being a jerk, or actually trying to take over somebody else's job. Like when Cyprian tried to be leader. Now that was dumb.
"Don't worry. There's nothing to throw up. I haven't eaten in my entire life." He laughed, meaning it literally. His words were slurred together, but he tried to make sure they could be understood.
He tried not to cry out when Flynn carried him, but he breathed a sigh of relief when he was on the ground again. He would thank Flynn later, once he could speak properly without screaming in pain or something. Of course Cilan tried to ignore the manticore, which had just eaten two teenagers... disgusting.
Flynn cried out as he fell, and for a moment Cilan looked at him with concern. But he knew his friend would be fine. He was fast enough to get away, even if Rowan fired from point blank range. Cilan was pretty sure at least.
"Last warning- you need to get out of the way!" Timpani's shout came again. And then her eyes locked directly on Cilan. They were furious, blazing with all the intensity of an erupting volcano. Cilan couldn't tell what burned harsher. Timpani's enraged gaze, or the brilliant light in Rowan's hands, so bright that a rainbow of colors surrounded it like a halo.
Cilan grinned at Timpani.
"Looks like I'm in your way," He laughed. "What are you going to do about it?"
"Cilan-"
He didn't get to hear the rest.

---

Sanctuary Path

She arrived just in time- positioning herself in front of Anna and Flynn, shielding both of them with her body. Rowan's light deflected harmlessly around her, never able to outshine the sun, but the intense heat of it incinerated the trees it touched. Solara bent down and pulled both fallen teenagers into her arms, cradling them until the danger had passed.
The light wouldn't disobey her. Like an obedient child, it stopped as soon as it realized who had just arrived. No more of this forest would be destroyed.
She set them down and rose to her feet, disregarding the looks she got as she surveyed the desolate landscape. The manticore and Cilan were completely gone. Literally no trace of them remained, not even ashes. The ruined trees were nothing more than charcoal and blackened firewood. Thankfully the destruction didn't extend far, since she had commanded it to stop. Solara needed to protect her garden.
Even though her eyes were closed and her back was turned, she could read the Mayor Cadence's lips. "What in the name of Solara just happened?"
"That is Solara, mayor," Timpani told her.
Gavotte was just staring at her in sheer bewilderment.
"Oh heavens," Rowan whispered in horror. Despite being blind, he could see just as well as Solara could with his eyes closed. And he had certainly seen the destruction. He fell to his knees, tears pooling in his eyes. "What have I done?"
The same thing I did, when I was a child. Solara thought. She remained standing there stoically, with no expression. She did not even turn around. And like myself, you will not repeat this mistake.
I will ensure it.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me