heroes of prophecy | o&a

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Re: heroes of prophecy | o&a

Postby InfectedHau » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:59 am

Viel'shan Y'la Kel'su'erra||Female||19||Wheyr Shor Hero||Capital of Obrua||Tagged: Cassian and Caelan(Mentioned), Magnus
    Woah, edge alert. Viel's human face regarded the man that walked past her impassively, but her spider face shuffled its pedipalps in a rather derisive way. Her race's equivalent of an eye roll, since her eyes couldn't actually roll. Indeed, most of an Arachne's nonverbals came through their spider head, emoting with their human face took a conscious effort. They were either very easy to read or very hard to read, depending on how familiar with them the person doing the reading was. One of the many reasons behind the Arachne stigma, people found it hard to trust people who were so good at hiding their true intentions. Of course, they could have just learned how Arachne expressed themselves, but that was too difficult for the average bigot.

Back to the present case of discrimination, though, it seemed the white-haired otherworlder wasn't the only one ready to defend her honor. Entering behind her was another man who, as it so happened, also had white hair. And a blindfold. Just like the guy at the other table who... also had white hair and a blindfold. Wait, she had white hair! Did hair color correspond to propensity for getting yoinked across dimensions? Was that a thing? Did eyesight factor into it too? Her eyesight was technically standard for Arachne, even if it was a bit lower by human standards, but the presence of two different blind people definitely implied something. Was that why anime characters had weird hair colors? Was there some kind of bias towards people with unusual physical features that reflected in her own world as a sort of memetic effect? Or was it the other way around, people just saw different hair colors and likened some significance to them? Or was it both?

Wait, were the other two even heroes? She knew that most of them had been directed to this inn, but she wasn't entirely sure what they looked like. So, she'd probably just done all this theorizing for nothing.

Cool.

"Glad I'm not from your world," Viel said, sitting down next to the non-blindfolded white-haired guy. She didn't utilize the chairs, obviously, she just lowered herself down and tucked her legs close to her sides. "If I had to kill everyone that looked at me funny I'd never get anything done." This guy, she was certain, was one of the heroes. He had a scythe, for one thing, which wasn't something a normal peasant would just carry around. "I'm Viel, by the way," she continued, "newly dropped here, still getting used to this world's brand of racism." Arachne names were a long and complex affair, detailing almost all the circumstances of an Arachne's birth. Most only ever used the most easily pronounceable part of their given name, everything else was for offical documents or for when your mom was really mad at you.
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sandteeth » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:47 pm

Atte
he ➳ Obrua hero ➳ Tags: Cassian

Rubbing at his eyes, Atte pulls himself out of bed. Being called to a mortal plane again was exhilarating, but 500 years without a physical form and one gets out of practice. Sitting at the edge of the well-worn mattress, Atte watches the sunlight spill in with a smile. A new purpose, in a dazzling new world- a little drowsiness was worth it.
Resting his syrupy purple hair against the wall of his tavern room, Atte sighs deeply, and steels himself to rise and convene with the others downstairs. Dealing with the people was always the worst part of being alive, he muses as he shoulders through the room's creaky door.
Raising his eyebrows at the uncomfortable silence from the tavern's patrons, Atte lets out a silent chuckle before heading into the room proper. Holding back a nervous grumble at the sight of his party member, Cassian, sat in a corner, he takes a sharp breath and heads over, clapping a hand to the table and leaning on it.
"Good morning, your highness." He extends with a nod. "Have I missed any news this morning?" It'd be nice to finally have some idea how he was supposed to do what he was brought here for, but the Obrua guardian hadn't been seen since it'd started rampaging.

Shorne
any ➳ Gesnain party member ➳ Tags: Viel, Magnus

Though she'd never cared much for the peaceful farm life, Shorne's upbringing had taught her a few tricks; most important of which was always to have a good breakfast. Sitting in the inn that morning, Shorne was making good on that advice, both eager and terrified for the journey to come.
Sitting back and letting out a hearty belch, they lean back and glance around, looking over their fellow quest-goers. Focusing in on a pair of heroes across the room, Shorne stands and starts over to get a good introduction.
"Morning, you two." She greets as the arachne she'd approached finishes speaking. "I'm Shorne, with the Gesnain party. Figured I should introduce myself to the others."
Shorne holds out a hand, then pauses. "Do you guys have handshakes in your dimensions?" She asks in a strained voice.
sandteeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

little reaper // 002.

Postby molotov » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:25 am

𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐍𝐔𝐒 ──────────────
    male 130 years old tothana hero location: capital of obrua tagged: cassian (mentioned) viel, shorne
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    though magnus’ expression remained more or less a scowl, it softened just enough in response to cassian’s words. kid was at least trying, he supposed he couldn’t fault him for that. might as well use his authority to keep his people in check, but that was only to be expected from a prince. watching as the white haired woman joined him, he turned to her as she spoke, only a hint of a smile crossing the sides of his face at her comment, his version of a chuckle. he’d at least try to be forthcoming for the young lady, maybe make an effort to get on someone’s good side, after all, he had intended to seek out one of the hero’s, why not the one who had come to him? “it’s not a place for the faint of heart, lets just say that.” the dhampir answered, not so much friendly, though his disposition was calm and voice gentle, expression fairly neutral which was the closest thing to appearing welcoming as he could muster. by her words it seemed the treatment she was receiving from the tavern’s occupants wasn’t completely foreign to the arachnid, a shame, he too had his fair share of discrimination for sharing both the blood of a vampire and human. neither side was very fond of a dhampir, such an existence posed a threat to both parties, after all.

letting his thoughts drift back to the current circumstances, he couldn’t help but surmise that viel too wasn’t a fan of this world. he couldn’t really blame her, these people had the means to take individuals from their dimensions, and yet seemed to lack the basic etiquette and intelligence to look passed otherworldly characteristics that would most definitely present themselves when dabbling in such things. more then that, they expected he, viel and the others to clean up a mess they weren’t previously involved in. meeting her many eyes, he gave a small dip of his head as a form of acknowledgment for viel’s introduction, wishing to follow it up with his own. “i’m mag—” he was promptly cut short as a new voice interjected. a glare promptly settled back across his face at the newcomer, who beat him to it, one that presented themselves as a resident from this world. he wasn’t quite use to being surrounded by this many people to begin with, much less for a person to approach them out of nowhere, it felt like a threat. he stared at the hand she presented to them for a moment. of course, he knew what a handshake was, such a gesture was intended to be friendly, a greeting - one of the many rare sights amongst his own world, plagued by hostility, but he didn’t care for the people of this land. leave them to foil his plans, and join in on a conversation, before he could even get his name out.

making a point to glare at shorne’s outstretched hand, he crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair. “no.” he responded curtly, not even trying to hide back his irritation. “if you’re from this world, i don’t very much care who you are.” he gave shorne a look of contempt with those words. he knew he was being difficult, unreasonable to someone so clearly well-intentioned, but it was hard not to be. if viel felt differently, that was yet to be determined, but he’d hold his ground, he had no intention of showing anyone from this world kindness. bitter indignation for what they had done to him stubbornly held its place in the forefront of his mind, and his red eyes gleamed with hostility. he had never been the most intimidating when it came to his voice, along with a youthful appearance, his verbalizations were very much the same. he could thank his parents for that, immortality and mortality didn’t mix well. nevertheless what he lacked in intimidation he made up for in combat, he certainly wasn’t afraid to get his point across with a fight, if that’s what it took to show them he didn’t belong here.
molotov

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:48 am

Caelan looked around the inn as more and more people showed up. He said to himself, "At this rate, it's going to take forever to find my party members... eh, whatever. I'm more than capable of holding my own, even in this strange world." however, when he stepped down from the chair he was sitting on at the bar, he stumbled a bit and said, "For the love of the Creator, I didn't expect a single pint of black ale to get me drunk so fast. Focus Caelan, focus, try to find some coffee. I could have sworn I saw a coffee shop in town, I just need to get there without looking like a drunken idiot." before making his way out of the inn and looking around the city to see if he could find the coffee shop he remembered seeing on his way to the inn.
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:56 am

Viel'shan Y'la Kel'su'erra||Female||19||Wheyr Shor Hero||Capital of Obrua||Tagged:Magnus, Shorne
    It was exceedingly difficult to tell where an Arachne was looking most of the time. Eight sets of eyes that could be looking in two separate directions gave them a 270 degree field of view, and their lack of pupils made it nearly impossible to tell which of those degrees they happened to be focusing on. At present, Viel's human head was facing the point directly between the white-haired man and the person that had just approached them, a sign that she was focusing on both of them equally even if to them it looked as though she was simply staring off into space. Beneath the table, her spider head shuffled its mandibles anxiously, a bit put off by 'Mag's' (Magnus probably, a name that seemed almost too big for the thin man sitting across from her) rather cold introduction. Sure, they were jerks, but that was no reason to brush off someone who was trying to make an effort. Even if 'do you guys have handshakes' was pretty funny. Actually, how strange was it that handshakes were a dimensional universal? They even used their right hand, same as in her world. Why was right-handedness the norm in every reality? She supposed the actual gesture made sense, showing someone you didn't have a weapon was probably a pretty standard practice. Unless you were an Orc, then you showed them as many weapons as possible. Maybe it was just like pyramids, it was the easiest way to show you weren't going to hurt someone, and she was just drawing lines that didn't exist.

Again.

"Actually, we indoduce ourselves in my world with pistols at high noon," the Arachne deadpanned, a style of comedy her race excelled at. "This is much nicer, nobody has to get shot this way." She took Shorne's, giving it a firm shake. Her hand was unnaturally smooth, more like thin plastic than skin, and strangely room-temperature to the touch. There was an old elven legend in her homeland that Arachne were born when a spider demon posessed a corpse, which some people, astonishingly, still believed. "So why do they have us all split into parties, anyway?" She asked, shifting her head so that the human was more centered in her vision. "If you're gonna go to all this trouble swiping people across dimensions, you'd think they'd want them all together." with her leftmost two eyes, she kept a watch on Magnus, looking to see how he reacted. He seemed preoccupied, like there was something on his world he needed to get back to, but she wasn't sure she agreed with taking it out on this world's residents. It wasn't like Shorne was the one who'd summoned them, after all, she wasn't even in either of their parties. Maybe that was just how he was. Her eyesight wasn't great, compared to a human's, but her sense of smell was much better, and she could smell the undeath on him. Vampire, if she had to guess, he didn't look old or gross enough to be a lich. Probably why he was so testy, walking out in the daylight was never a fun time for them. It was strange, though, the smell of blood on him wasn't as strong as it was on most vampires. Maybe it was because he was another world's type of vampire, maybe they worked differently. She thought about asking, but she figured that would probably be rude.
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

cassian ( 002 )

Postby Ploegy » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:29 am

Cassian!!
      xxxmale eighteen years old obrua party member location: capital of obrua tagged: atte
      ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

As things seemed to calm down for the moment, Cassian found himself relieved. While he was sure it'd only be temporary, he could only hope it would help in some form. Even with the authority he held, he knew he was still powerless against such things. Words alone weren't going to change how one acted or viewed another. The thought caused a deep sigh to escape his lips as he sank back in his seat. What was he going to do? As much as he wanted to aid the heroes, he was unsure if they'd even desire his help. It had been his people that dragged them here, and in all honesty, he wouldn't blame them for distrusting him or even wanting nothing to do with him. Even if he did mention he had no part in the decision to summon such heroes, he doubted it would change a thing. That was what made his job hard. Running his fingers through his hair as he continued to ponder the question, Cassian almost found himself too deep in thought, but thankfully the sound of a cup being placed upon the table in front of him was enough to pull him back to reality.

"Your usual as always, your majesty," the server told him, a beaming smile upon her lips. Dropping his hand from his hair, he returned her smile and muttered a soft "thanks" before she took off. Looking down at the cup before him, he stared at the reddish brown liquid it contained. It wasn't anything special, but it was a tea he had come to enjoy every time he had come to the inn to deal with travelers in the past, thus they had come to know he'd want it even without saying a word. He was grateful for such service, but he still felt a small pang of guilt. He didn't dwell on it for too long though. Instead, he picked the cup up and brought it to his lips. The warm tea went down smoothly and relaxed him more. In a way, it eased his current anxiety. Still, he needed to figure out how he was going to address the heroes about the information he had received for them. Finding his mind back on that topic, he took another sip of his tea and furrowed his brows his thought. No ideas came to him though. He still found himself at a loss.

Setting the cup back down, Cassian leaned back in his seat and crossed his arms over his chest as he shifted his gaze back towards the other occupants of the tavern. Two of the heroes seemed to be engaged in conversation, alongside a third he did not specifically recognize. Interrupting them now would only be rude. His eyes next landed upon the other hero that had already been present. She sat alone and showed clear signs of anxiety. The twitches of her tail were enough to tell him that. Disturbing her seemed like no better of an idea than the other group. Sighing to himself, he continued on, but his search was halted when he realized the last hero that had been present was now gone. It seemed informing him was out of the question now too. What a shame. That left him at square one.

Before he could even shift his mind back to coming up with some kind of solution, Cassian's attention was drawn back to his own table upon hearing a pair of hands against it. It was instantly that his eyes settled upon Atte. Part of him was surprised, but that emotion didn't make itself known upon his face. Instead, his face softened in attempt to hide his worries away, even if it was only for a moment. When the other male finally spoke, the prince was quick to lift a hand and wave off his formalities. "No need to be formal with me. We are comrades in arms, so Cassian will do just fine," he assured the other before reaching down to grab his cup once more. Hearing the question that followed his greeting, the prince pulled the cup away from his lips and gave a slow shake of his head. "I do have information, but I haven't yet shared it." Setting his cup down yet again, he gestured towards the seat across from him.

"I received news from my father this morning, updating the happenings of the war," he continued on. "The fight in the Gensian Region has reached the borders of Obrua. Troops from both regions are currently engaged and keeping them from entering Obrua. No request for the heroes help has been made, but having been sent word implies they seek assistance in some manner." That much was obvious to him. While it was natural to update the king on such happenings, he could only assume his father informed him in order to have one of the heroes or more rush in to help the fight. Admittedly, Cassian wasn't sure how smart of an idea that would be, though he was unsure how well trained most of the heroes were to begin with and if they were even bothering to train nearby as they waited. Brushing the thought off, he decided to press on with his information. "However, that is not the only bit of info I was given. Rumors have begun spreading in the northern region of Tothana that their guardian may be becoming active and attacks will begin there soon. Unfortunately, there is not much information, but it is something that can be investigated."

Tasks like these ideally would be given to the heroes representing those regions, but they didn't have that luxury. While documents of previous Divine Heroes seemed to say the heroes were to work for their specific region, it wasn't the same this time. The other times they had been summoned individually when the region needed aid, but this time the leaders had agreed to have them all summoned together. It was something that had never been done in the past as far as Cassian was concerned. He supposed it didn't matter what had previously been done anyways. He had to live in the now.

"Let me remind you, you are not obligated to take to either of these problems. You are free to choose how you go about your business here," the prince decided to voice, figuring it was best to remind the heroes of such. While they did hold important roles, the leaders had agreed to not force anything upon them in hopes of making them more comfortable with the situation. Admittedly, he wasn't sure how well that would go. "I will warn you, I may have to slip away to uphold my own duties, but for the most part I shall be accompanying you on what you see is fit."
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sandteeth » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:47 pm

Atte
he ➳ Obrua hero ➳ Tags: Cassian

Atte winces almost invisibly at Cassian's correction, but he is quickly distracted by his next words.
Raising an eyebrow, Atte stands up straight and starts toward the seat Cassian indicated. Leaning back clumsily in his chair, it would be easy to assume Atte was indifferent to the situation Cassian was explaining, and one would not be entirely wrong for doing so.
"Well, then!" As Cassian finishes, he pushes back from the table and sighs in thought.
"I suppose the obvious, heroic decision would be to charge down there." He continues sarcastically, "Though if two armies are struggling, that's a dangerous foe for so few of us, and that is if everyone tags along in the first place."
Atte stretches, yawns, and slumps back over the table, settling to scratch at flakes of wood jutting from it's surface as he speaks.
"I suppose, as 'holy heroes' we could have the armies listen to us. An assault with our combined strength could at least drive them back a bit..." Atte shrugs. "Could even get some of the guardians to show themselves, if we're lucky. Come to do the job themself."
"On the other hand, looking into the Tothana guardian would likely be more fruitful. Getting rid of the big ones as quick as possible will make the little ones... small potatoes." Atte smirks as he finishes, pleased with his newly learned idiom. "But, of course, if it's just rumours and nothing more, we'll just be wasting time."
Seemingly satisfied with his analysis, Atte looks up at Cassian, head still angled toward the table, where his fingers busy themselves tugging at a splinter of wood.
"What are your thoughts?" He asks the man across from him, "If you'll be accompanying me, I fancy I should listen to your input, Cassian."
sandteeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rubious [01]

Postby Scorpioness » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:46 am

◇◈❇ Rubious "Ruby" ❇◈◇

male dragon obrua party member location: capital of obrua tagged: open, Cassian, Atte
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

It was not his fault, that he was late, appearently that now as he was going to accompany prince Cassian and their hero in this holy mission, everyone needed his attention. He needed to check documents and threathen their alchemist to not explode anything while he was away! After that he checked his own belongings, he had packed spare robes, notebook and few other useful things, such as some of his scales and feathers he shed some time ago. Dragon was always seen with sword, apart of it being just a weapon it hid his obvious draconic aura, without it he risked being exposed as an in-human creature and possibly killed, he bid his goodbyes and he finally left the castle. Rubious appeared in the inn in record time, but appearently it didn't help much, since Cassian was already was talking with their hero... Composing himself a little, he made his way towards them.
-I'm so sorry for being late, appearently everyone needed my attention just as I was leaving...- he said after he greeted them, the dragon was slightly out of breath.
Last edited by Scorpioness on Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
Scorpioness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Timoria » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:18 am

Halcyon

《Male | 101 | Draconian | Eblar Hero | Capital of Obura | Tags: Caelan》

Having been briefed a few days ago about his newfound status, Halcyon found his new situation rather perplexing to say the least. He was happy, almost giddy with excitement, at the thought of being called a hero. Then again there wasn’t much he had done to earn that title. Plus there was the fact that he had basically been kidnapped. Still, to him at least, the benefits were pretty good. He got to keep these cool knuckle dusters that he had spent hours admiring. Though now that he was free to go about his business he realized he had no idea what to do next. At this point he was just wandering around. He hadn’t even gotten a good look at the supposed forest he was supposed to be saving.

Halcyon sighed as he continued walking down the street. This was supposed to be some grand adventure but right now nothing much was happening. When he looked up from his self loathing he noticed an interesting figure walking towards him. He wasn’t entirely sure what they even were, as with most of the beings here, but they seemed the most interesting of the bunch so far. They looked like they were in somewhat of a similar situation. They looked rather lost if not just wandering like Halcyon was. Maybe if he made friends with them they might be able to join his party or whatever the summoners called it. Plus he wouldn’t be bored, walking to nowhere. With that in mind Halcyon approached.

”Hello there. You look pretty tired. Where are you headed to? Can I help ya?”
Timoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:15 am

As Caelan stumbled a bit, he noticed Halcyon approaching him. He straightened his composure and said, "I'm fine, just had a bit too much to drink at the inn. Have you happened to see a coffee shop around here? I just need some caffeine." He noticed Halcyon looked familiar, and asked, "Have we met before? Did we see each other with the whole Divine Hero thing? The name's Caelan, and you are?"
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me