【 ✧ 】—— 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐎𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐄 —— 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Re: 【 ✧ 】—— 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐎𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐄 —— 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍

Postby harmonizing » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:50 am

[ veronica flynn -- lobby -> graveyard set -- tagged: bambi ]

She thinks maybe she dreamed of something red. A flower still blooming--and there was a voice that kept calling to her, whispering harmonies. Maybe there was a spiral loop somewhere, too, of thread twined so tight it was nearly bursting. But that's all. Nothing tangible; plus she'd never been one to believe that dreams meant anything. They were impulsive flickers of her neurological wires. She'd be lying if she said she thought they meant anything.

They weren't filming until later. It was stupid. They should be getting on it immediately, as far as she's concerned. And while it's cool, being on an island with scarily-real sets, it's all a bit... unnerving. The trees whistle a little too loud. The sheets were tucked too tight last night, and no matter what, she couldn't untuck them. The sun's a little too hot. She doesn't get it. Any of this, actually. She doesn't get why they couldn't film in front of a cardboard green screen, or a false mountain range with fake-lit backdrops. That's what everyone else did.

Even still, she's never been afraid of a challenge. Not ones that came in a well-lit hotel room and eerily realistic sets, anyway. So she finds herself wandering, stalking through fox grass, across the field of the hotel and somewhere she can't possibly name. She'll find her way back, she's sure. Like she said, challenge--or whatever.

It's a little--little--unnerving when the trees hollow out and crouch away, and her boots meet a clicky cobblestone path that she wasn't even sure was there before. The crooked stones popping from the dirt mark it straight for her--graveyard. Is this really a set? She's never really liked graveyards.

Her shoulders stiffen when she hears a noise, a faint titter. A cutesy click, and then the muffled words: look who’s been caught, red-handed. She pauses for a moment before she drags her feet along the dirt, towards where the voice had come from.
    She entertains the notion that it may be a ghost before she turns a corner, and sees a rather tall girl. Oh. Not a ghost. She recognizes her from the cast list. A lot less cool, though.

"That was kind of lame, you know," she hums, leaning against one of the stones. "Do you always talk to yourself... alone, in the middle of graveyards?"
harmonizing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onion » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:47 pm

(wanda red) kim romi / 19 / pansexual
tags: bambi, veronica

the small girl had gotten up at the break of dawn to start the day. when the sun rose, so did she. romi had always been a morning person, so she wasnt exactly thrilled that filming didnt start til later in the day, but it was what it was.
rummaging through her suitcase, she picked out a cream blouse which ruffled from top to bottom, and a medium length floral skirt which would flow if there was any wind on the island, which was likely after all.
romi dressed herself, grabbed her journal, camera, and specs, and headed out of the hotel. she had decided to check out the on site cemetery. her mother actually worked as the treasurer of a cemetery building back at home, so it piqued her interest- besides, she was playing a historian, so of course she had to check it out.
she had always been drawn to mysteries and stereotypically creepy places like cemeteries, and what with her role, romi found it quite fitting to end up there.
her black mary janes scuffing the dirt ground, romi walked along the forest path towards the cemetery, map of the island in hand. "should be close by..." she mumbled to herself.
the dense trees eventually opened up to the graveyard in front of her, and, like most graveyards, the place looked... very dead. grass grew over the remaining stones, moss covering any text that was left, and tree roots lined the outside perimeter of the place.
romi slowly entered the scene, eyes wandering along the tree line in the sky where leaves met blue and branches touched the poofy white clouds.
she reached behind her ear for her pencil and opened her journal- this was where the quest would have begun if it werent for the obvious upright stone smack dab in the middle of the cemetery. romi was looking for reds grave to get a pencil etching of it and maybe a few pictures on her old canon camera.
unfortunately, it seemed a couple other wanderers had beaten her two it. she frowned and nearly took a step back at the sight of the girls cameras flash. they were some of the other actors, right? 'best to make a good first impression if we will be working as colleagues...' romi thought to herself.
so she took a step forward, paused, then approached the two. "hello," romi said quietly, not to either of them in particular. she fell silent fast, carefully observing both their movements. the one made a snarky remark, not seeming to notice romi quite yet. perhaps she was too quiet?
Last edited by onion on Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby borahae. » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:39 pm

xx.█████
    xx.█████
    𝐋𝐄𝐎 ! ! ───────────

wilbur red ✩ twenty ✩ he/him ✩ tag: tae ✩ location: shoreline

Startled at the sound of another voice suddenly calling out, the first person the boy had stumbled upon since arriving on the island and the first person to speak to him since the phone call he'd had with his mother late last night, Leo scrambled to get into a sitting position as the other made their way over to him and made sure to run a free hand through his hair to shake out the grains of sand; while he hadn't been laying along the shore all that long, sand was a fickle thing, and he was sure that he'd be trying to wash it out of his clothes and hair tirelessly later. Turning then to face the stranger as they neared him, aware of the changing distance from the way the other's body began to cast shadows toward him, Leo shifted his body so that he wouldn't have to strain to look at the other and offered a doe-eyed, deer-caught-in-the-headlights sort of look as he listened to the boy shoot off word after word. Similar in stature and somewhat soft in appearance, a sort of warmth radiating from the other that helped to ease his surprise, Leo gave a sheepish smile as the boy he now knew as Tae commented on his hair and stammered to get his own words out "Oh, hi, hello. Uhmm...thank you. For..." Trailing off, gesturing wildly with one hand to the wild seafoam locks on his head, Leo tried to remember all that the other had thrown toward him and went about answering his many questions as they came back to him. "Ah, yeah, right! I'm Leo, fellow cast member."

Feeling incredibly awkward to be making conversation with Tae while sitting in the sand (suddenly feeling overwhelmingly childish for having laid down in the first place), the muscular boy fought to stand up (silently cursing his combat boots yet again) and brushed the sand off his black attire as best he could before again giving a sheepish grin towards the other, excited to have finally stumbled upon another living being on the island "It's nice to meet you, Tae. Honestly, I'm a bit of an early riser, so I didn't expect to run into anyone else just yet - don't get me wrong, I'm glad - but you surprised me. Actually, y'know, you're the first person I've seen since I got here; well, actually, that's not entirely true, cause some of the hotel staff helped me to my room yesterday, but you're the first i've seen today. Or, well, this morning." Trying then to catch his breath, his excitement evident in his sudden rambling, Leo tried to reel himself in and let out a flustered chuckle before continuing "Ahh...sorry....well, i'm not sure if anything's changed since i've gone out, but i'm dying to get some food in me, so...want to head back to the hotel and get some breakfast? It's okay if not though! Or if you've already eaten. Really - no pressure!"
borahae.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lush » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:20 am

𝗟𝗜𝗠 𝗞𝗔𝗛𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗜
        ⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺
        oliver lee; musical prodigy | nineteen | shoreline | tags; na - leo, tae
          the idea of shooting on an island was something kahlani wasn't completely ready for. kahlani had only been out of california twice, once to go the car show when he was in third grade with his father, and a school trip in his junior year to go see the statue of liberty. everything else, kahlani stayed in california and was close to his family. he didn't mind the water, water was the least of his worries. he grew up surfing with his older brother, and playing around on boats his family rented or owned. living near the beach, he didn't even struggle to find access to those things. but the idea of being stuck on an island, only way back when they were done shooting is a long boat ride, it was anxious for him. he didn't know how mentally prepared he was for the whole ordeal. the anxiety in his stomach that something was going to go wrong wouldn't leave him alone, not even when he was trying to fall asleep in the hotel room on the first night. he didn't want to back out- no, backing out was wrong then. especially when he had already gotten the role and agreed to all the terms. but kahlani still couldn't get the fear out of his mind. he hated the idea of being on an island for so long. why couldn't they just fake an island, or just use the beach at california and make a set for everything else? the whole thing just seemed weird to him, but maybe it was just because his mind was screaming at him to not do it, to run away. to turn around and leave and never come back, even if it meant being blacklisted from some casting studios.

chewing on his bottom lip gently, kahlani had only found himself walking around the shoreline aimlessly. the feeling of the sand under his feet and the salty smell of the ocean only calmed him down a little bit. it reminded him of home, surfing with his brother before having to go eat dinner, just to go surfing or making sandcastles again. kahlani found himself missing home quite a bit- even he had ended up only being two or three hours away. homesickness was something common for kahlani, just bceause of his want for his mother and his brother. he had never been close with his father, and lani feared he probably never would be. but if it meant he could be closer with his brother, then he didn't mind just having to be close with him. his brother was his best friend, anyway. rubbing his thumbs together, lani only felt his stomach growl. god, he was so hungry. he didn't know why he had missed his opportunity to eat breakfast earlier. maybe it was the anxiety or nerves, maybe he just wasn't thinking. either way, he was starving. sucking in a small breath, lani swallowed slowly. his mouth already watering at the sound of eating. god, pancakes, maple syrup, eggs and toast, hashbrowns-

his thought process cut off once he heard the sound of voices. lani felt an urge to turn around- but after hearing a few keywords, lani felt his legs already moving forward towards them, like he was almost a puppet. the word 'breakfast' enough to make him want to run towards them, in the hopes they were going to go eat soon and lani could just accompany them. chewing on his bottom lip, lani only walked around a taller figure, popping his head towards the blue haired male. "did i hear the word breakfast?' lani asked quietly, smiling towards the male before smiling up towards the tall male. wait- he totally knew him! he was in multiple classes lani had taken for acting, and once auditioned for the same movie lani did. only thing was, lani got a role, and the male didn't. it made lani so sad. lani felt an immediate click towards the male, it felt like he was his friend for years before then. "tae?" he said quietly, tilting his head to the side and lifting his eyebrows.
lush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby senna_ » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:32 am

── 𝐓𝐀𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐊 ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    he/him 20 lee gwan (nurse) location: shoreline tags: leo, kahlani
    If Tae hadn’t been so thrilled to become acquainted with someone new, he may have felt a bit guilty for the way the seafoam-haired boy scrambled to his feet. He had shot up so quickly that it was almost as if the sand had electrocuted him. Whoops. Nonetheless, that didn’t stop Tae from coming closer. If the stranger was angered by his sudden appearance, Tae failed to make note of it. Typical, though; he was constantly five steps behind everyone else. A light smile rested easily against his lips as the figure before him fumbled with his speech. It wasn’t until the actor introduced himself as Leo that Tae concluded he may have indeed startled him a bit too much ─ it was undoubtedly too much too soon. His smile turned into something more sheepish as that realization settled, and he placed his hands behind his back, tapping his shoes together to elaborate on his innocent intentions. Leo,” Tae echoed, the name rolling off his tongue slowly as he tested it out. “I love it, it suits you a lot. My neighbour once had a dog named Leo. Who did she name it after? The actor, I think. DaVi… No, no, DiCaprio. Anyway, it’s great to meet you, Leo!”

His dark eyes flickered down to the sand, where Leo had been snuggled in just moments prior. A faint outline of his figure was present, but not for long; hungry shoreline waves were quick to lap it up, and it dissolved within seconds. “You didn’t have to move!” he continued, gesturing to the sand with frantic hands, even though there was no longer any evidence to show that Leo had been sitting down in the first place. “I would’ve been happy to join you. I love the beach. Although sometimes the sand is so pesky.” A small pout settled into his features as he dwelled on it, practically feeling the itchiness against his skin without moving, but his attention was grabbed yet again by Leo as he continued to speak. It was nice to know that Leo appeared to be relatively in the same position as Tae, from being a morning lover to having yet to meet another person. Somewhat, anyway; Tae, too, had shared a few words with the staff, but Leo was the first cast member he had officially met. “The room was locked when I went by,” he informed Leo, pouting yet again. Unlike the last, though, this one lacked any signs of thoughtfulness: it was entirely intentional, and crossing his arms with a small huff added to the dramatics of it. “Maybe we can bust it open or something. I’m starving. I would kill for a waffle right now.”

He stuffed his hands in the back pockets of his shorts and rotated his body so that he was angled towards the hotel again. Despite the peaceful feeling it gave off, it looked oh-so empty. He understood there weren’t a whole ton of people staying in it, only those directly involved with the latest movie they were soon to begin filming, but it still looked a bit sad. “You’re saying you haven’t seen any staff yet?” he asked Leo, as if the boy’s words finally registered in his mind. “How early is it?” He removed his hands from his pockets and began to pat his clothing, but after a few seconds, he remembered he had left his phone. “Maybe they aren’t allowed to interact with us or something? Kinda dumb, but at the same time…” His voice died off with a small shrug of his shoulders, but before he could draw out a scheme as to why the dining hall was locked, his name was called from somewhere around.

Perking up like a puppy, Tae turned in a circle, gaze grazing his surroundings until it settled on another boy, who was staring right at him. “Hi…?” he responded, his tone squeaky-like as he examined the face of the newcomer. It hit him all at once. “Oh! Oh, my goodness! Hii!” The last word was dragged out as Tae practically threw himself at Kahlani, arms reaching out to hug him before Tae was even close enough. “I totally remember you now! I had bought tickets for that movie before it was even in theatres. You did so good. Leo!” Tae turned back towards the boy with blue hair, as if just remembering there was another person there. “This is Lani! Or, Kahlani, I guess. We did a workshop together a few years ago. Lani, this is Leo! And yes, I vote we storm down the walls and make our own stuff because I’m so hungry. I've gone too long without it. Will protest if I must. Kidding,” he added quickly, eyes widening in case either of them believed he really did have that sort of power. “Have you seen anyone else, Lani? Leo hasn’t, and I haven’t. I’m so excited to meet everyone else. I have very high hopes for this project. Plus, you’re both super talented. I haven’t seen any of your work, Leo, but I can just sense it. It’ll be great.”
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Bambi Scott 02

Postby HauntedMansion » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:24 am

she/her - playing Darla Red: the reporter - loc: cemetery set - tags: veronica, romi

Following the cameras blinding flash briefly fading from the background, Bambi tensed up at the sudden intruding voice, catching her off guard as she practically leapt around to face whoever breached the silence. “Ooh! Shiii-” Her words trailed off once the blonde actually saw who she had screamed at, letting out a brief sigh of relief, yet continuing to stare in disbelief, wondering exactly how long the other woman had been standing there. The blondes expression quickly shifted from curious to slight irritation at the woman’s remark, not to mention the additional woman standing right behind her. Suddenly she had an entire audience of co-stars watching her look like a fool.
    ”wha- why? Do you always sneak up on people, alone, in the middle of graveyards.. that must be pretty traumatic for people trying to visit their loved ones.” Bambi retorted with a huff, quickly regaining her bearings, annoyed these women got such a reaction out of her. She checked her camera to make sure her death grip hadn’t damaged it, finding it still in one piece, as the photo finally started to fade into focus. The actress let out another sigh, this time low and soft, almost calming, allowing any amount of remaining irritation to flow through her. Five years of anger management would have to count for something, like not flipping out on your co-stars on the first day of shooting. It wasn’t a big deal. Neither of them meant any harm.

Staring at the camera had reminded Bambi of what the woman had said to startle her, as the blonde couldn’t help the smirk forming across her lips, letting out a soft chuckle. ”Yeah, I know it’s pretty lame.. apparently, it’s something my character says pretty often. Despite supposedly having a criminal record..” Bambi offered jokingly, gazing between the two women to offer a curious grin, raising a brow in emphasis.”Don’t tell me your characters were spared of any stupid catchphrases..”
HauntedMansion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby harmonizing » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:32 pm

[ veronica flynn -- graveyard set -- tagged: bambi, romi ]

The grin on her face only widens at all the stumbling and stammering. It's what she'd bargained for, sneaking up on someone alone in the graveyard, after all. But she doesn't plan to take it much further. After all, they're cast-mates. Real-life chemistry correlates right to the screen. She nearly shudders at imagining the critics' reviews of this show if she didn't have a visible rapport with the other actors. They'd call her bland. It's insulting. It would be insulting, she amends, because that's definitely not going to happen to her.

From her castmate's next words, she finds herself cringing internally when she imagines her character's catchphrases. Oh, god, they're awful. They're all full of stuttering and soft-spoken words. She thinks that the worst is probably, "Aw, it's my fault...!" As if television needs more self-loathing, imbecilic female characters who are less complex than a 2-D shape. She shakes off the animosity. Maybe she just hasn't had time to appreciate Eliza yet. Even still, she prays the other characters are written better.

"Well, are you visiting loved ones?" she sighs, releasing the cocky attitude. She imagines it floats somewhere and lulls in the clouds. She can always get it back later, she guesses. It's then that she notices that her co-star's eyes are fluttering somewhere behind her, then somewhere to the side of her... she lets go of the gravestone she'd been leaning against, "What... are you looking... at--"

She nearly jumps--nearly, she's not that easily spooked--when she turns around and sees another girl behind her. Jesus, she hadn't even heard her. She's from the cast list, too. Veronica had slaved over the script and the actor list for hours trying to memorize everything, so she knows this girl is from the cast list, but still... she thinks she could probably be a ghost if she wanted to. A ghost with cute clothes, at least. "Woah. Didn't see you there."

She laughs off the initial spook of it all, being out in a graveyard with two strangers, on a weird island that seems to be breathing under her. "I'm Veronica. Uh, Flynn. Veronica Flynn. And you two are...?"
harmonizing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onion » Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:08 pm

(wanda red) kim romi / 19 / pansexual
tags: bambi, veronica

the small girl couldnt help but giggle at the other twos exchange. it was all just silly to her, meeting up in a cemetery of all the places too!
romi tucked her journal under her arm and set her pencil behind her ear. "hi there," she said softly and admittedly a bit shyly. romi had never been the most outgoing person, even if her character was- that didnt change her core personality though.
"i dont remember... do i have catchphrases?" she asked herself absentmindedly before shaking her head a little and smiling towards the girl named veronica. "im kim romi."
next she turned to the other woman who had not yet introduced herself, and identified her as... "bambi, right? i think thats the name i saw on the cast list but im not too terribly sure if im being honest!"
romi shut her eyes, gave a smile, and nodded her head. "im playing wanda!- a historian! so im here for the same reason you are kind of!"
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Bambi Scott 03

Postby HauntedMansion » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:38 pm

she/her - playing Darla Red: the reporter - loc: cemetery set - tags: veronica, romi

With the smaller woman’s rather soft spoken introduction, it was no wonder Romi had managed to sneak up on her and Veronica both. The blonde would certainly be looking over her shoulder anytime she thought she was alone from now on, really, the whole island and they all ended up here? It was the only cemetery, but still. With her fellow cast member further pondering the subject of catchphrases, Bambi took a moment to kneel beside her backpack, carefully securing her photo and the camera within a pocket fold before zipping it shut. Hearing her name quietly offered in the conversation, the blonde looked up and offered a slight smile in reaffirmation. ”Nah, you saw right. I’m Bambi Scott. I’m also Darla Red, here to collect my inheritance.” The blonde rose to her feet, walking alongside the tomb of her characters supposedly departed grand aunt, stopping behind the messily engraved stone to give it a couple of knocks in emphasis.

She was a bit surprised they bothered lugging actual stone all the way here instead of applying any kind of movie magic, then again they bothered building an entire hotel, probably to make this place some kind of exclusive resort later on down the line. Bambi propped one arm up on the side of the tombstone, scratch that, they actually lugged a tombstone that could nearly rival her in height to this island, now that’s dedication.”It’s lovely to meet you both.. Now, I’m currently betting five bucks, each- that some cgi abomination will be edited in to shoot out at us the moment one of us tries to open this thing.”
HauntedMansion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby harmonizing » Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:06 pm

[ veronica flynn -- graveyard set -- tagged: bambi, romi ]

"Characters, right," she hums, letting herself lean back against the gravestone again, arms straight with her legs kicked forward. If she's disturbing anyone's grave, she doesn't really notice. Or care. She had forgotten, momentarily, that she was on a set. It's just so... different than anywhere she'd been before. A prickling begins at her palms where her hands met the tombstone. It festers somewhat like pin needles, but she ignores it in lieu of saying, "I'm playing Eliza, the florist. She's a boring character, but I'll," she does a vague shrug, "liven her up."

"You're on," Veronica adds when the bet of five measly dollars is made. "You think that thing opens?"

She looks off to the side, where the dirt is murked with sage and overturned stone. The pins and needles in her hands get bolder. Those must be real weeds peeling up from underneath the cobblestone path. As she's looking, her hands flicker and pulse. The pins get wider. It's the flash of pain that makes her jump to retract her hands from the stone, pulling them into her stomach with a hiss. When she wheels back around, she finds that her hands had been resting on creeping ivy that was growing through the cracks in the faded stone. Her stomach gnashes together at the sight. She hadn't noticed, but, that ivy is on every tombstone here. A few things overturn in her mind: one, she'd better not get a rash, and two...

It's weird. Why does real ivy need to be growing on these stones? And are all the sets going to be this... realistic? She grumbles internally about it. Trying to shake off the seemingly pointless thoughts, her mind wanders, along with her eyes, towards the grave Bambi knocks against. Dearly departed, it says, in slightly forceful stone etching. But it's clean.

How come the only grave without that ivy growing on it is Ms. Red's?

She shakes off the prickliness of her fingers and palms, but her eyes never leave the tombstone. Is she imagining it, or when Bambi knocked on it... did it sound hollow?
harmonizing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me