They Live in the Forest... (Open & Accepting!)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Re: They Live in the Forest... (Open & Accepting!)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:28 am

Elias Fletcher
25 | Male | Bisexual
The Author
Tagged: Open
Elias browsed the shelves of the antique shop he was in, nothing really catching his eye just yet. Most of the objects here seemed to be mostly stuff from houses that the previous owner had passed on with no one to give it to. Really, he was quite close to giving up and moving on to the next place. There just wasn't anything even close to what he was hoping to find.
And then... something tucked on the back of the shelf he was looking at caught his eye. It wasn't big - just a statue of some being with curled horns and a ram skull head, the texture like bark. In the base of the statue, small etchings of runes were carved into it.
His eyes widened slightly. Something about it seemed off... and almost seemed to give off an unnerving aura. But, at the same time, he felt the urge to touch it, to pick it up. So he did. Elias reached to the back of the shelf, and took hold of the statue, and pulled it out into the light, off the shelf. Almost immediately, he felt a weird feeling travelling up his arm and into his chest, where it stayed. The eyes of the statue glowed for a moment... but maybe it was just a trick of the light. How odd.

Nevertheless, Elias took it to the counter of the shop, the owner seemed a little surprised to see it, as though he didn't even know that the statue was even in the shop, but rang it through, as it had a little tag with '5' on it. After paying, Elias slid the statue into his bag, and left the shop.

Vivianna Stoker
24 | Female | Lesbian
Artefact Archivist
Tagged: Cordelia
She had been lost in thought enough that she barely registered that someone had approached her - and so Vivianna was quite surprised to hear her name being spoken. She refocused quickly, a little surprised, but let her guard down once she realised the voice belonged to Cordelia, fellow Beornen member. Vivianna smiled warmly in response. "Hello Cordelia. I'm good, thank you - I was just visiting my father and getting some supplies." she explained. Not that there was really any explanation needed, it wasn't an unusual situation. Still, it was nice to have someone to talk to now!

"How about yourself? Everything going okay at the library?" Viv then asked, rather curious. It wasn't often she saw Cora outside of the library while in town. While waiting for an answer, Vivianna suddenly got the strangest feeling. Something that made her Beornen mark tingle, and not in a particularly good way. Something had happened, something strange. She could just sense it. And it had to do with that missing artefact. Had someone touched it that shouldn't have..? Someone not Beornen? That was the only explanation she could think of.
She glanced at Cora, a little uneasily, silently wondering if she had gotten the same feeling as well.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby raaats » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:51 am

Aehrs Zim wrote:21| Demiboy| Pansro-Aceflux| Videographer|
Tags: Open
Aehrs finished unpacking and took his camera out, checking the amount it had charged. He pocketed it and various medications for anxiety, then set off on his way, locking the door on his way out. He took pictures as he walked, being meticulous in the attempt to get as much detail as he could in them. It'd be peaceful here if I didn't know some of the secrets... He thought cautiously. He got a bit paranoid and pulled his hood up to hide his head before continuing with his pictures.
raaats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Alex Darkman | Beornen Settlement

Postby TheRegularTerrarian » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:42 pm

Eventually the Vice opens the door, and Alex Darkman walks in. "I don't have time for pleasantries. Can you feel it? Someone - an outsider has laid their non-Beornen fingers on one of the artefacts. In fact, earlier I saw a vision. A vision of a man touching an artefact and receiving the Mark of the Beornen. Although he was a mere shadow to my eyes, I know everything now. Somehow, one of our artefacts is out there, and now it's in the hands of someone who we don't want it in the hands of. Unfortunately, I sense that this foreign mark is somewhere out in the town... I won't leave the settlement in case the deity has any need of me, and you may also be needed. Vivianna and Cordelia are out there, however I know that they will have felt it... We must find this fool and retrieve the artefact from them. And if push comes to shove, I will send a fully armed Beornen member to remind him of his mistake. In fact, I'll do him one better... Seeing as he has the mark on his body, maybe I can coax him into joining... all he'll have to do is say my name three times spoken unbroken... and if he refuses, I'll toss him into jail where he'll await taking part in one of our rituals... as the sacrifice of course. And when I hear that beautiful sound of clean white researcher jackets burning brown he'll regret ever having entered the home of us Beornen... although I suppose I'm getting ahead of myself." Alex stops, and readjusts himself. "Anyway, now that I've told you everything I'll be awaiting Vivianna to return at some point, and we'll need to talk about the missing artefact. I'm sure being the archivist she'll know everything about it, and she needs to know my plans regardless. It was a "fun" chat with you, however I need to get to other important business. See you later." Alex finishes, as he leaves the Vice's house and returns to his own, awaiting Vivianna's return. As he looks up to the statue of the deity, he thinks to himself about what had just happened. Whatever. He'd find this marked man, sooner or later...
TheRegularTerrarian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Abducted_by_Bees » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:58 am

Location; home
Tags; Alex
mentions; Vivian
form; here
Ryker had started the day before the sun ever began to rise. He enjoyed sitting on his porch with a coffee in hand waiting to meet the sun as it peeked over the trees in a pleasantly bright way. A guilty pleasure of his. His eyes were fixated as the harsh rays of red and orange, came creeping over the dark forest floor until it reached his feet and began to rise above the ground to cover his body in warmth. A deep inhale rose his chest before falling back to its original form as he let it go into the cold air. He closed his eyes a moment and took a gulp of hot coffee. Ryker rubbed the back of his stiff neck from sleeping wrong last night. Ryker finished his coffee and returned to the comforts within the confines of his house. He put his mug in the sink and proceeded with getting ready for the day. His bones were aching with the feeling that an artifact had been touched by someone not of the beoren clan. It was then that he heard a knock on the door. Without even batting an eye, he moved to open it. Alex in his door way. Ryker's eyes naturally shifted down to look at the 4 inches shorter man. He didnt even have a chance to say something before the leader welcomed himself into Ryker's humble home, though it didnt matter much to Ryker. Alex seemed to be on a mission. Ryker took a step aside and listened as Alex went on about the non-beornen touching the artifact. Ryker simply nodding in agreement until Alex in a rush to move on with the day left his cabin. As the door closed behind Alex, Ryker let out a sigh. It seemed like a lot of work was about to fall into his hands and he was not excited.

location; Coffee House
tags; open
mentions; customers
form; here
Maze walked into work with her own home brewed coffee in hand. It was warm against her fingers and it filled her face with joy after each sip. An addiction it was. She was still recovering from her dark past and as anyone knows, the thing about addiction is once you have one, you cant get rid of it, you just have to move onto something else, something of lesser damage, and her new poison was coffee. She took off her coat and scarf and placed them on the coat rack just inside the door. Her brown hair fell down around her shoulders and she brushed them back off her neck with her free hand. "Good Morning!" She greeted her co-workers. She continued to behind the counter and slipped on her smock. Jumping right into the work of assisting the customers to the best of her ability. "Jane (NPC), There's some new faces around town, have you noticed?" She asked her co-worker trying to get information.
Abducted_by_Bees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:04 am

Elias Fletcher
25 | Male | Bisexual
The Author
Tagged: Aehrs
As he walked down the street, Elias pushed the statue into his bag even further, getting a sudden odd feeling that he had to hide it, to make sure no one knew he had it. It was definitely something he wanted to look into, also having the feeling it was going to be important. Perhaps he should find out where the library was here, then he could see if there were any local legend guides or references to see if he could find out what the statue actually was. He'd also planned on seeing if he could get into Damian Jackson's apartment, to see if there was any research that had been left there. As questionable as it might be, Elias thought that there might be something he could include in his next book. The plans he had were building up, and he was soon quite distracted by his thoughts about it all.
So much so, that he almost bumped into another person.

Elias had noticed just in time, and abruptly stopped and stepped back. The other person was holding a camera and had his hood up, but Elias looked a little closer from where he was, and thought that the face was rather familiar... he couldn't quite put his finger on it yet, though. "Ah, sorry. Almost bumped into you there - wouldn't want you to drop that." Elias said, and gestured towards the other's camera.

Consulting_Angel wrote:
Vivianna Stoker
24 | Female | Lesbian
Artefact Archivist
Tagged: Cordelia
She had been lost in thought enough that she barely registered that someone had approached her - and so Vivianna was quite surprised to hear her name being spoken. She refocused quickly, a little surprised, but let her guard down once she realised the voice belonged to Cordelia, fellow Beornen member. Vivianna smiled warmly in response. "Hello Cordelia. I'm good, thank you - I was just visiting my father and getting some supplies." she explained. Not that there was really any explanation needed, it wasn't an unusual situation. Still, it was nice to have someone to talk to now!

"How about yourself? Everything going okay at the library?" Viv then asked, rather curious. It wasn't often she saw Cora outside of the library while in town. While waiting for an answer, Vivianna suddenly got the strangest feeling. Something that made her Beornen mark tingle, and not in a particularly good way. Something had happened, something strange. She could just sense it. And it had to do with that missing artefact. Had someone touched it that shouldn't have..? Someone not Beornen? That was the only explanation she could think of.
She glanced at Cora, a little uneasily, silently wondering if she had gotten the same feeling as well.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby raaats » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:19 pm

Tags: Elias
Aehrs looked to Elias and gave a small nod before recognising him. He had followed Elias' work in other cases closely. They liked the detail his work carried. "No. We wouldn't." They replied quietly, turning off their camera. "I apologise, I shouldn't have been in the middle of the sidewalk." He stepped out of Elias' way, looking down.
raaats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tawneypelt0504 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:37 am

Cordelia Remmington|27 years old|She/Her|Bisexual|Rune keeper|Loc:Ashenthorne Street|Tags/Mentions:Vivianna

Cordelia nodded as Vivianna told her about her day. It wasn't often that Cora got a chance to talk to her fellow Beornen members due to her being in town most of the time. She certainly did enjoy the town but Cora would be lying if she said she didn't miss the wooded settlement. "I've been doing very well thank you" Cora responded with a warm smile. "As for the Library everything is where it should be" Cora subtlety hinted at the Beornen files in her possession. Cora was about to ask if Vivianna wanted to join her for lunch but she was stopped by the feeling of unease the suddenly spread through her. Cora felt tense and a shudder ran through her while her Beornen mark tingled. Something happened with the Beornen although Cora had no clue what it could be. "Do you know what that was" Cora turned to Vivianna her normal confident tone replaced with worry.
tawneypelt0504

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Alzedore Albus - Ashenthorne Street

Postby TheRegularTerrarian » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:54 am

Out of seemingly nowhere, an old man walks up to the pair. "Hello there you two. I was wondering if the library happened to be open? I've had the itch to read again, although seeing you out here makes me uncertain..." he trails off, looking distantly at Cordelia. Normally he'd walk right in but seeing Cordellia outside made him question if the library was closed or not. If not then he'd have to go find another place to read, however he'd much prefer to read in the comfort of the old library he knew so much about.
TheRegularTerrarian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:02 am

Elias Fletcher
25 | Male | Bisexual
The Author
Tagged: Aehrs
Elias raised an eyebrow at the response he got, not entirely sure why they were apologising. "Nonsense, no one owns the sidewalk." Elias said, breezily, brushing off the apology - it was not needed, after all. "I should have been paying more attention, I was just rather lost in thought about my next book." he added - he would have hated to have bumped into the other and broke the camera, he'd just feel awful about it!
Though he'd looked away, Elias did look a little closer at the other person, sure that he recognised them from somewhere... but where... from..? Oh!
"Ah, you're that person who does those videos and stuff about odd happenings, right? I'm sorry, I don't recall your name. What a coincidence if you're here for the same reason I am - why, that would be very interesting. But I'm getting ahead of myself here, you probably don't know who I am. My name is Elias Fletcher, researcher of the mysterious and author!" he rambled, ending by introducing himself. He was very excited by even the idea that another researcher could be here for the same reason he was - even though such a thing hadn't even been discussed or mentioned, but still!

Vivianna Stoker
24 | Female | Lesbian
Artefact Archivist
Tagged: Cordelia, Alzedore
Vivianna was pleased Cora was doing well - and that everything regarding the Beornen Runes and literature was also safe. While they could have been kept at the settlement, it was perhaps ultimately safer they were within the town library, just in case an outsider were to get far enough into the settlement to uncover them. Or even burn it down - but there was little concern of that.
The odd feeling she'd had, Vivianna was relieved that she had not been the only one to feel it. But that would mean something was surely wrong or off... she closed her eyes, trying to see if there was a vision awaiting, but nothing came to her. Opening her eyes, she shook her head at Cordelia, slowly. "I do not... but it cannot be good. Perhaps Alex has been presented with a vision or some knowledge..." she said, wondering what could have happened.
She was quite distracted by these thoughts, and so when an older man had approached, she jumped when he spoke. He was asking about the library, so she decided not to reply, figuring that it would be for Cordelia to answer the man's questions.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby raaats » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:13 pm

Tags: Elias
Aehrs would give Elias a nood, straightening himself. "I know who you are. I enjoy your work. I'm Aehrs Zim." They put their camera in their pocket. Offering Elias his hand, the small boy would avoid eye contact. He waited and studied Elias without looking straight at him.
raaats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me