♥ ♣ House Of Oddities ♠ ♦ (O&A)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

♥ ♣ House Of Oddities ♠ ♦ (O&A)

Postby ~Vincent-Valentine~ » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:31 pm

" 𝔹𝕒𝕓𝕪 𝕨𝕖 𝕓𝕦𝕚𝕝𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕖

𝕆𝕟 𝕗𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕚𝕖𝕤

𝕋𝕦𝕣𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕤 𝕠𝕟 𝕟𝕠𝕨

𝔹𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕜 𝕦𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕝 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕤𝕖𝕖 𝕞𝕖

𝔸𝕟𝕕 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕞𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞𝕤

𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕓𝕦𝕣𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕒𝕞𝕤

𝕋𝕖𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞 𝕚𝕥 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕕

𝕀𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℍ𝕠𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕆𝕗 𝕆𝕕𝕕𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕖𝕤 "

Welcome, welcome! I welcome all of you to my House of Oddities, a land where all your wildest dreams come true! Well, not exactly, but you get my point. Here you will find people and creatures far beyond myth, standing right against your nose! They are my staff, my employees, my possessions. I found them, like the diamonds they are, in the dank crevices of many cities, all with their own story to tell! Come see how they dazzle like sea glass on the seashore! Look, but don't touch, or the magic will fade away.

Last edited by ~Vincent-Valentine~ on Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
~Vincent-Valentine~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Introduction & Plot

Postby ~Vincent-Valentine~ » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:59 pm

In a land far away from yours, in a forest all alone by itself, is the House of Oddities. Not necessarily one house, but multiple, all spread out amongst this mystical wonderland. Here live the strangers of the world, beings of abnormality and frightful talent and skill. Some had come here to remain safe from the outside world's cruel gaze, while others were... persuaded to join. Nonetheless, this place is more popular than any circus or theme park around these parts. And like those caravans, the House of Oddities is a rather bitter apple.

Plot

Sir H.M. Mackentire, otherwise referred to as Mackie, is the ringmaster of this assorted circus. He rules the land with a bipolar fist, being eccentric one day and inhuman the next. You have four roles you can play, all watched carefully under Mackie's stoic eye.

Desolutes = People or creatures who have stayed for five months or less. After this five-month period is over, they must perform in Mackie's shows and performances as to not break their deal. During this period, they can roam wherever they please and do whatever they want, as long as they abide by Mackie's rules.

Resolutes = People or creatures who have stayed for more than five months. They contribute to the House as performing for Mackie, otherwise they break their contract and get kicked out. They have specific rules as to where not to go and what not to do as well as curfew times, since Mackie trusted them that they know their way around the plot.

Wanemen = The maids, workers, and other nonperformers of the House. They take care of costumes, food, makeup, and anything else the Resolutes and Desolutes need. They also are the ones who are closely monitored, as many of the wanemen in the past years have been spies wanting to free the people. Mackie, however, caught on and made strict changes to the code.

Spies = The ones who want to free Mackie's captives. Mackie has become a threat to many other safer homes for the talented that he has become a target for spies to join. They take on any role they like, whether it be Desolute, Resolute, or Waneman. Some spies have been found out and some have not, and it is the ones who have not that must try and stop Mackie from unleashing his "grand surprise".

Mackie has made a "grand surprise" for all the world to see, and he is waiting for the right time to unleash it. What is this surprise? A hypnotic haze that will make all the world bow to him. This made the spies panic, making them work harder than ever before to convince the residents to leave. But without Mackie, they felt, who would love them for their horrid appearances?
A ticking time bomb is set and ready to go, and only the spies can stop it. Will the world fall to the hands of the crazed Mackie or will the spies save the future of the world?
~Vincent-Valentine~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules & Characters

Postby ~Vincent-Valentine~ » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:28 pm

My Rules
- PLEASE keep content PG-13
- Write two paragraphs or more for your response.
- LGBTQ+ Romance is allowed
- Contact me if you wish to do something to another person's character if it involves a "fade to black" or you intend to kill them. I will verify with both characters if your decision is agreed on.
- No more than four characters per person.
- Don't be your own boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse
- No Mary-Sues
- All characters will have their own moment to shine, I promise I guarantee it. If I do not follow through, please contact me and I will work it out.
- And, of course, have fun!

Mackie's Rules
- No Resolute is allowed to go within another Resolute's assigned house. This will result in a warning from Mackie. Caught three times and personalized punishment will follow.
- No Resolute will take the place of another Resolute. If said Resolute can not perform, the entertainment playbook will change until said Resolute can perform again.
- Curfews are as followed: Resolutes must be in their assigned house by 8 o'clock, Wanemen by 6. Resolutes wake up at 7 o'clock every morning, Wanemen will wake up at 5.
- If you are unable to perform, contact Mackie and he will adjust the schedule until you are able to perform again.
- Any mischief, arson, vandalism, abuse, or slander towards Mackie, if seen, will result in a beating.
- If you refuse to perform, you will be kicked out and fend for yourself.

The Houses
Aniform = Creatures and people who can transform into animals stay here.
Mystique = Fortune tellers, gypsies, and performers of magic stay here.
Fantasim = People with abnormal formalities and strange powers (I.E. flight without wings) stay here.
Elementa = People who can control or manipulate an element stay here.
Crescenta = Wanemen stay here.
~Vincent-Valentine~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Characters

Postby ~Vincent-Valentine~ » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:29 pm

The Characters

Sir H.M. "Mackie" Mackentire | Male | 24 | Played by ~Vincent_Valentine~
Pyre Hellfire | Male | 27 | Played by ~Vincent_Valentine~
Fitzroy 'Fitz' Nightingale | Male | 24 | Played by Consulting_Angel
Amara Mortimer | Female | 25 | Played by Consulting_Angel
Eshe Amadhi | Female | 20 | Played by InfectedHau
Joshua Skai | Male | 19 | Played by Avrap
Jaco Skai | Male | 14 | Played by Avrap
Bryn Kennedy | Female | 22 | Played by TheOfficeFan23
Braden Smith | Male | 21 | Played by TheOfficeFan23

MORE WILL BE ADDED AS MORE PEOPLE JOIN

The Houses

Crescenta: Pyre Hellfire, Luna Young
Mystique: Amara Mortimer, Eli
Fantasim: Eshe Amadhi, Jaco Skai
Aniform: Bryn Kennedy, Joshua Skai, Vitalis Clement
Elementa: Braden Smith, Jasper 'Jaz' Hoarfrost, Fitzroy 'Fitz' Nightingale
Last edited by ~Vincent-Valentine~ on Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:43 am, edited 6 times in total.
~Vincent-Valentine~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Forms

Postby ~Vincent-Valentine~ » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:29 pm

Forms

Name:
Oddity/Personal power:
Role in the House:
House they reside in:
Appearence:
Personality:
Relationships:
Likes and Dislikes/Other:
Last edited by ~Vincent-Valentine~ on Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
~Vincent-Valentine~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♥ ♣ House Of Oddities ♠ ♦ (O&A)

Postby Avrap » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:59 am

bumpy
Avrap

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toxicfang <3 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:24 am

Bump
Toxicfang <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Vincent-Valentine~ » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:54 am

Pyre Hellfire

Male--27--Oddity: Fire Creation and Manipulation--Tags: N/A

Hellfire. A name not to be taken for granted. Pyre was the first who joined Mr. Mackentire's schemes when he was young. Ever since, he has kept the circus in line with an iron fist. Pyre, of course, is someone not to be messed with. But some say that deep within the fiery depths of his soul lays a broken man waiting for retribution.
~~~
Pyre tiredly picked his head off of the table to glance around the now noisy dining hall. He hadn't gotten enough sleep last night because Mackie supposedly found a spy. Pyre didn't think so. The kid was about nine or ten, too young to ever concoct a malicious scheme. Well, he guessed that Mackie was right, since they did find the kid with wire clippers in his hands. But the way he begged for mercy from Mr. Mackentire... Pyre paused. He wished he hadn't seen the boy go.
~Vincent-Valentine~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me