the journey [not accepting]

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

the journey [not accepting]

Postby morrissey » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:44 am

It's been three years since the deadly flood that struck LeafClan, killing off many, and leaving the clan sick and in need. So they took in a rouge by the name of Frostbite, a placid tom with a kind demeanor and always willing to work and help the clan. A year after the flood, the clan had finally began to stand on four legs once more. Frostbite was promoted to deputy, just under Foxstar. And that was when the terror began. Not many moons after he became deputy, Frostbite turned... rouge. He killed off Foxstar, right in front of his clanmates, because he knew there was no one to stop him. Frostbite became Froststar, and began altering the rules that the cats of LeafClan had grown to know and respect.
He tore away same-gender mates, opting for straight pairings instead, to provide the optimum number of kits. The clan began to become overpopulated, and sickness was everywhere. Froststar killed off cats that would not bow down to him. Though many cats obeyed Froststar's rules, there was a group of cats who certainly did not. This group, who were apprentices during Foxstar's reign, wanted the old LeafClan back. They wanted justice and wanted to be free, instead of bound by the obnoxious rules. So they began to protest, and even refused to be killed when Froststar attempted to do so. They fought back, and Froststar grew to acknoledge that he couldn't kill them. So he banished them from LeafClan. He told them that they had one turn of the sun to escape the territory, and if they were not gone by then, he would have an unavoidable fate waiting for them. Of course, this had to happen right during leafbare, one of the coldest the cats have ever known.
Valuing their lives, the cats left. Now they are on a journey to start a clan that allows them to be themselves, one quite like the old LeafClan that they once knew and once loved. Can they achieve their goal and survive the barren winter simultaneously?
Last edited by morrissey on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:56 am, edited 8 times in total.
x
x
x
x

home is a question mark
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
morrissey aka marya • she/her or they/them
semi-activewriter & coder & violinist & james
dms are closed unless it's really important
discord: morrissey#5476
morrissey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

rules

Postby morrissey » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:05 am

o. all of tess' rules apply.
i. i'd like each player to only have 1 character, and if there are still open slots i will let players have multiple slots.
ii. lgbtq+ characters are allowed. we will not discriminate against sexualities.
iii. please don't powerplay or make your cat the best hunter, fighter, the prettiest, smartest, etc.
iv. this is an invite-only roleplay, please do not post if you have not received an invitation from me.
v. please post all forms on the discussion thread.
vi. please put the word 'pierre' somewhere in your form so i can be sure you read the rules.
Last edited by morrissey on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
x
x
x
x

home is a question mark
morrissey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

allegiances

Postby morrissey » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:12 am

the cats; [ 10 / 12 ]
name - age - future role - crush/mate - roleplayer
houndscar - 38 m - future role - crush: vinescratch - spooky marya
riverfog - 36 m - future role - crush/mate - oceanz
swiftdoe - 35 m - future role - crush/mate - bluestar
sloepool - 36 m - future role - crush/mate - empae
pearlflower - 38 m - future role - crush/mate - officalme
brambleheart - 14 m - future role - crush/mate - fennekchu
wolfstep - 39 m - future role - crush/mate - deucalion
squirreltail - 35 m - future role - crush/mate - keriae
vinescratch - 38 m - future role - crush: houndscar - imp
mapleleaf - 30.5 m - future role - crush/mate - whale-shark
reserved - age - future role - crush/mate - aph minnesota
falconwing - 36 m - future role - crush/mate - ~wildfire
Last edited by morrissey on Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:33 am, edited 19 times in total.
x
x
x
x

home is a question mark
morrissey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

other info

Postby morrissey » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:14 am

other info here (current territory, summary of the past week, etc).
x
x
x
x

home is a question mark
morrissey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: the journey [TWO SLOTS OPEN]

Postby morrissey » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:06 am

bump, two slots are open to the public! please pm me first though!
x
x
x
x

home is a question mark
morrissey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: the journey [TWO SLOTS OPEN]

Postby morrissey » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:01 am

up.
x
x
x
x

home is a question mark
morrissey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: the journey [ONE SLOT OPEN]

Postby morrissey » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:28 am

x
x
x
x

home is a question mark
morrissey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

HOUNDSCAR : 1

Postby morrissey » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:41 pm

HOUNDSCAR!!
          tom - exile - tagged; all - feeling; mixed - location; outskirts of leafclan
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
            houndscar stopped at the front of his clanmates, turning and looking among the cats that he lived alongside for the entirety of his life, pain glimmering, fresh in his eyes. they grew moist as he made eye contact with each and every one of them,
            flashbacks clear in his mind from their kithood and apprenticeship together, even up to their warrior ceremonies, and the tight bond that they fought against froststar with, the bond that landed them here. snow fell gently around them, the pure white substance glimmering, giving a sign of false hope.
            "so this is it, huh?" he asked, more a rhetorical question than not. he could still scent the familiar smell of leafclan, seeing as they were about a fox-length from the border.
            houndscar tore his gaze away from the group, instead opting to look out into the endless plains and forest, blanketed with a thick layer of crunchy, stark white snow. he closed his eyes, remembering blueflower, how the two siblings would play in the snow, enamored by how cold it was outside, but how warm they felt when they were prancing around, attempting to bat at the snowflakes like they would with fallen leaves.
            he glanced over his shoulder at his clanmates- perhaps he would start referring to them more as friends. seemed more fitting than 'clanmates', especially given their situation. his patient friends, who gave up their only home to find a better one. a feeling of warmth spread throughout his body. they were all like him, wanting a better home, where they weren't bound by a dictator, but a home where they could be who they wanted.
            houndscar let his gaze drift over to sloepool and riverfog. though they were two moons younger than him - which was all the difference needed to separate their training regimens - he knew that they would fit in as well as any other cats in the group. sloepool, the confident she-cat that stood on equal ground when they first started protesting, which began their bond. her even personality would provide a sense of hope to the exiles, and she was wise, very much wiser than houndscar, and he knew decisions would be easier to make with her around.
            and then there was riverfog, the steady, calm tom who was always on the quieter side. perhaps he had not been born in leafclan, but he had the heart and spirit of ten warriors combined. houndscar held immense amounts of respect for the two, and certainly had no doubts for their dedication. there was no reason they did not deserve to be on this journey.
            his eyes then shifted over to pearlflower, the ex-medicine cat apprentice who lost her only assigned mate in the floods.
            the medicine cat apprentice who, despite her loss, remained strong and did not let the tragedy define her, instead setting herself a legacy where cats would remember her as the she-cat who would practically give her life for the sake of her clanmates, and for that, houndscar would be extremely grateful. as he studied her closer, it seemed she was growing thin. perhaps he would confront her about that.
            next to pearlflower stood mapleleaf. the youngest in the group yet also the most chipper, her stance clearly delivered a sense of defiance and pride. though houndscar knew her very little, he had a feeling that after their journey, the group would be closer together than leaves on a branch during summer.
            "this is the last we'll ever see of leafclan." his ears twitched in the direction of the border. "at least, i hope so," he murmured, a weak attempt at a joke that even he himself found slightly offensive. houndscar shook his head, as if to clear his mind of his poor choice of words. he then turned fully to his clanmates, only to make eye contact with squirreltail.
            squirreltail was at an awkward age in relations to the rest of the group, where she was made an apprentice right as the other got their warrior names. houndscar often saw squirreltail around, a cheerful apprentice who really did deliver a lot to the clan. he certainly felt the grief as she lost her kits and mate to froststar's claws, and that was partly what fueled houndscar's drive to get rid of froststar.
            speaking of younger apprentices, houndscar thought of falconwing. falconwing was another victim of froststar, loosing part of his eyesight when froststar violently attacked him. houndscar very much remembered that day, another protest day, where falconwing happened to be nearby with the medicine cats, speaking of loosing sight in his left eye. froststar, who was watching the protest, overheard, and attacked the young warrior. after that, falconwing frequently attended rallies held by his clanmates, and that's how houndscar began to start calling him a friend.
            houndscar craned his neck to the back of the group, checking to make sure everyone was still with him.
            and he made the mistake of meeting eyes with vinescratch.
            effective immediately, mental pain shot through his body as he thought of their apprenticehood, how they were as close as peas on a pod. he remembered how he finally developed feelings for the tom, pushing back any old opinions and welcoming the new, which had brighter outcomes than the old. but then froststar came to power, and everything fell apart.
            houndscar remembered how vinescratch was torn from him, instead being assigned to houndscar's sister, blueflower. houndscar remembered the heartbreak he felt that day, the pure pain in his throat, the action that first started to fuel his anger towards froststar. but then he remebered blueflower rushing up to him, looking flustered as she told houndscar what he considered the biggest heartbreak of his life.
            "i'm in love with vinescratch."
            houndscar then knew that he had to drop everything he felt towards the other tom immediately, because his sister meant more to him than his own life.
            then blueflower died.
            houndscar barely saw vinescratch after that, as both toms had barely made their faces known as they grieved.
            houndscar flinched, tearing his gaze away, and opting to make eye contact with sloepool.
            "which way should we head?"
x
x
x
x

home is a question mark
morrissey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

i

Postby monta, » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:54 am

sloepool
female▪journeyer▪36 moons
mood. hostile▪tagged. all
    indent[✘] — the ex-warrior calmly sat as houndscar gazed at each cat that would be joining the journey, each time he looked to a different cat, there was a vague flash of recognition and emotions that she couldn't pinpoint due to their mere complexity. she had suffered almost no losses in froststar's tyrannical reign, having held no close bonds with any of the cats that she would be leaving behind. she hadn't lost anything compared to the other cats here. her presence in leafclan was, essentially, vestigial and decorative upon becoming a warrior, a sort of background character as froststar came to power in the most horrid way, by causing unnecessary bloodshed. only whenever the cats began their multiple rallies of protest did she ever really show her use as a clan cat and worth when it came to the rebellion, finally becoming something other than the supporting cast. she watched silently as the crystalline water fluttered down from the overcast sky, casting a blanket of ice across the landscape.
    indentshe looked up upon hearing houndscars' voice being directed at her, barely hearing him over her own thoughts that seemed to by flying as the snow did when a gentle breeze blew. it tool her a moment to piece together what he had said out of the few vague words she had paid attention to. "anywhere away from leafclan" she said quietly, a drop of venom in her voice as she met eyes with the tabby tom, hostility present in her seafoam hues as she said the name of that dictatorship before she took a moment to actually think about his inquiry seriously. her gaze softened as she offered an apologetic dip of her head to the tom, not wanting to redirect her annoyance onto her comrades. she glanced around their current locale, thinking about what she hoped would be the best course of action. "i think we should head south eastward, unless anyone else has any suggestions? any opinions should be stated sooner rather than later, so we can handle disputes before we get moving." the ticked tabby said simply, punctuating her statement with a gentle swish of her feathered tail, urging whomever had any differing opinions to speak. she offered this chance for others to voice their opinion only due to the plain fact that it would be idiotic to fight over the direction they were travelling in when tensions were already high from the lack of nutrients and prey. they were already making this possibly fatal journey in hopes of finding refuge in some place far, far away from froststar and anyone loyal to him and his false, irrational morals; they didn't need any more conflict than they already had.
monta,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

squirreltail - 1

Postby Keriae » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:07 am

SQUIRRELTAIL
      female ;; warrior ;; 35 moons ;; tagged - everyone

xxxxxxxHunched over, with her tail wrapped over her paws, Squirreltail flattened her ears against her skull. The snow was gentle and light, just becoming more than dust on the floor. Trying to hide her shivers - she couldn't stop them, she knew that - the molly pulled herself away from the past and to the present. Her friends were the here and now, they were leaving LeafClan. Her beautiful kits and their kind father were in the past.

xxxxxxxShe could remember them so clearly. Crowfang, with his thick black fur, his broad shoulders and his long legs. He'd been a big cat, but he had been so gentle. He'd been so excited when she told him she was expecting. And their kits - Bramblekit, their little brown tabby boy; Fennelkit, pale cream with white toes, smaller and weaker than his brother; and Cherrykit, tortoiseshell and gorgeous. But after only a few days the litter had weakened, and their regular feeds hadn't helped. Her kits hadn't thrived and Froststar had shouldered his way into the den, declaring them weak and a burden. Despite her protests, he'd killed them in front of her, three swipes of his paws.

xxxxxxxHe'd killed Crowfang then too, pinning the blame on him. After all, it was the she-cats who birthed kits. She could always be assigned to another mate.

xxxxxxxBut Houndscar was talking. This was more important. They had to get away, and quickly. Adjusting her position, she glanced at everyone else. Sloepool had answered the brown tabby, and she nodded along.

xxxxxxx"I agree." She said, voice cracking, before she repeated herself, louder and clearer. "I agree. It should be warmer the more south we travel, and we need as much warmth as we can get." It was a blessing, in a way, that her kits were no longer here. She would never have been able to leave LeafClan otherwise, even if Crowfang had been at her side too. The travel and the cold would have killed them off before long.
Keriae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me