Deadwood Forest~ A Fantasy Role Play~ Currently ACCEPTING!!

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

Deadwood Forest~ A Fantasy Role Play~ Currently ACCEPTING!!

Postby kadoodlebird » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:14 am

The cold air whistles through the forest, making the dead trees groan and shudder. A lone owl hoots in the distance. Mice scurry through undergrowth. All seems normal, but there is something dark and mysterious about Deadwood Forest....

PLEASE take a stamp to support Deadwood.

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=350555&p=8140539#p8140539][img]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/332/c/e/deadwood_stamp_by_kadoodlebird-d33t9oq.jpg[/img][/url]

Join Deadwood Forest, a fast-paced role play involving all animals. I was kind of getting sick of the hundreds "Warrior" RP's (not that I don't like them!), so I decided to create a role play that just takes place in a dead forest- other then that, you have free rein. There are no complicated status things, just your profile. ;)

If you would like to join, please fill out the form listed further down below and PM it to me, Kadoodlebird. As soon as your form is accepted, you may start role playing. Please post within five days after registering, or you will get a warning.

Your Very Own Color... When you RP in Deadwood Forest, everyone is going to have their own color. You must post in that color every single time your character speaks. That way, it's easier to tell who's speaking, and it's clearer. And NO, you may not say your color is "black."

Every time I post (or at least most of the time), I'll give you an "update." This tells you the current weather, time of the day, and season. It'll look like this:

| --UPDATE-- | Current weather status: Cold & breezy | Current season: Autumn | Time of day: Dusk |

So when you see that, please adjust your post accordingly.

Rules

~When out of character, be sure to write "ooc." Double parenthesis are also acceptable.
~No spamming. If you do we will be banned from Deadwood Forest. No warning! Please note if you are BLACKLISTED you will NOT be able to create a new profile. You will be permanetley banned.
~Do not write anything for a character that is not yours.
~Use grammer and punctuation to the BEST OF YOUR ABILITY.
~PM ME IF YOU CHANGE YOUR USERNAME!
~You can only mate with your same species!!
~Please don't post in any text larger then "Normal." Smaller text is acceptable.
~The setting is in the middle of a forest- that means no llamas, seagulls, or other un-realistic animals.
~You must post in your color for your character. Fail to do so will result in a warning.
~You must post once every 14 days, If you don't, you will be put on the warning list. 3 warnings makes you blacklisted.
~Everyone and everything has a time to die. Whether that's by drowning in a lake or being killed by a wolf, then so be it.
~Follow along in the story. For example, if it's snowing in the forest, don't say your deer was lounging in the sun.
~Don't go into a relationship/mating with another animal unless they have given you a "yes."
~You ARE allowed to have more then one character {max four}. However, if you are new to the thread, you must the earn teh privilege first. If you RP well for at least three weeks, I will allow you two characters. ^^
~Don't double post unless your me. And since I'm me and there is only one me, that means you can't double post. Doing so will earn you a lovely spot on the Warning List! ;3
~I call the season changes, and the day/nights. Please don't change it unless I do.
~Have fun, and respect every who is RP'ing!! :D

Join... if you dare.... and PM me the form!

Code: Select all
[u]Username:[/u]
[u]Animal you want to play:[/u]
[u]Name of animal:[/u]
[u]Fur/feather color:[/u]
[u]Gender:[/u]
[u]Eye color:[/u]
[u]Personality:[/u]
[u]Likes:[/u]
[u]Dislikes:[/u]
[u]Do you want to be allegible for a love life (yes/no- changeable):[/u]
[u]Color you will post in:[/u]
[u]Other:[/u]
Last edited by kadoodlebird on Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:01 pm, edited 50 times in total.
kadoodlebird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Characters

Postby kadoodlebird » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:15 am

The Characters

Here are all the characters playing in Deadwood Forest. This informational directory is especially useful to learn the characters and such. STRIKED forms symbolize that that character has left the RP and/or is deceased.

kadoodlebird wrote:LEFT DEADWOOD
Username: kadoodlebird (Doodles)
Animal you want to play: Raven
Name of animal: Minera
Fur/feather color: Black
Eye color: Dark blue
Personality: Smart but cruel. Won't hesitate to put others in danger- will take advantage of people.
Dislikes: Other animals (particulary squirrels), other things in Deadwood.
Do you want to be allegible for a love life: No!
Color you will post in: Purple
Other: Minera hates everyone. No exeptions!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Username: kadoodlebird
Animal you want to play: Red Squirrel
Name of animal: Birchwood
Fur/feather color: Reddish-orange, with a lighter colored belly and paws.
Eye color: Black
Personality: Clever and optimistic. Finds most things amusing. Very entertaining!
Dislikes: When people boss him around to much, and when they ignore him.
Do you want to be allegible for a love life: Sure. xD
Color you will post in: Light green
Other: Birchwood's parents were killed by a car, and he has been alone ever since.

Yam ~ Misadventures wrote:Username: Yami ~ Misadventures
Animal you want to play: White-Tailed Deer
Name of animal: Cernunnos (Cern for short)
Fur/feather color: White
Eye color: Brown
Personality: Cernunnos is a quiet loner with a hidden aggressive side that emerges when anything he cares about is threatened. Cernunnos has a set of massive, naturally sharp antlers, and his appearance often frightens away others.
Dislikes: He is deathly afraid of fire and sepises anything 'new, cheap, and flashy'.
Do you want to be allegible for a love life: Yes
Color you will post in: Brown
Other: None

~Razzle~ wrote:Username: ~Razzle~
Animal you want to play: Wolf
Name of animal: Razzle
Fur/feather color: She has a brown coat, with a white belly and brisket, as well as inside of ears. She has a light blue ribbon tied in a bow on her tail.
Eye color: Icey blue
Personality: RP out
Dislikes: RP
Do you want to be allegible for a love life: Sure!
Color you will post in: Blue
Other: Thanks Doodle!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Username: ~Razzle~
Animal you want to play: River otter
Name of animal: Kuxie
Fur/feather color: Brown, normal river otter color.
Eye color: Hazel
Personality: RP
Dislikes: RP
Color you will post in: Dark green
Other: N/A

jager96 wrote:Username: Jager96
Animal you want to play: Fox
Name of animal: Sabelle
Fur/feather color: Tawny-red with a burgundy tint, black-tipped ears and tail, white nose, paws, and inner ear
Eye color: Right eye- Golden Left eye- Blue/green
Personality: Quiet but will approach you if she wants to play or talk. She is kind and shy but can be mean at times.
Likes: other animals, trees, warm weather, friends, loves to chase things, cat naps
Dislikes: loud noises, bright light or complete darkness, hights, fire, large animals, bugs
Color you will post in: Teal
Other: She doesn't like to be suprised and though nice, will attack you if wake her up from a nap!
Username: Jager96
Animal you want to play: Deer Mouse
Name of animal: Poppy
Fur/feather color: Deep reddish brown with white on her stomach and around her sides and ears and pink nose and feet. Black around her eyes sort of like eyeliner.
Eye color: Teal
Personality: Very friendly and social, loves to help others, Isnt scared easily, even of larger animals, will protect her friends with her life, very humble
Likes: Cheese, berrys, nuts, friends, to climb, swimming, making friends, other animals
Dislikes: Fire, meat, hawks and other very large birds, carrots, humans, fish
Color you will post in: Dark gold (Note from Doodles: it's darker then this, I just can't find the right color on the palette.)
Other: Has a crush on Birchwood :)

TamedWild wrote:Username: Tamedwild
Animal you want to play: Red Fox
Name of animal: Rain
Fur/feather color: Cream colored under parts, with lighter creamy white color 'stockings' that cover halfway of her legs and lower, but his paws are soot black. He also has an off white muzzle, at also covers most of his face. The rest of his body Is red, of course, but the only way you can tell him apart from the rest of the foxxes is that he has a pure black tail with only the white on it is a spot that is at the very beginning of his tail.
Eye color: A calming clear crystal blue.
Personality: He is very calm and can sooth anyone in the forest. He also has a western accent to him, and may call people "ma' lady", "Brute", and other thangs that shall not be named. He also has a old man go to him, and is very polite, he also likes to here into things, but won't tell anyone with out their permission. He is also a huge flirt, but he'll never be in a relationship ever, period.
Likes: Liars, it amuses him to see them, and he can tell when they lie, no problem. Knowing everything in the forest, secrets.
Dislikes: Water, and everything about it.
Do you want to be allegible for a love life: No
Color you will post in: Light blue
Other: Nope. :3
Username: Tamedwild
Animal you want to play: Deer/Moose hybrid XD
Name of animal: Azel (A-zel)
Fur/feather color: Dark brown, with a cream-white underside- like any other deer, but her ears are cream-white colored, she also has faint fawn-like dapples that would never go away do to a defect. She also has Moose-like ears. :3
Personality: Quiet and calm, has quiet a temperment when she is mad, and will demand thing that is need. When alone, she would sometimes talk to herself about random things, like the snow. She has a way at looking at thing that is cute in a way, and always giggles, but never laughs.
Likes:Snow, Falling leaves, and all small rodents, except rats.
Dislikes: Lilypad roots (except in the winter), and some other water plants.
Do you want to be allegible for a love life: Yes.
Color you will post in: Violet c:
Other: My secound form! :3

SilverLining wrote:Username: silverlining
Animal you want to play: Stoat
Name of animal: Aspen
Fur/feather color: Bright redddish brown with a black tail tip and white undercoat. Her front white toes are white as well. In winter, however, her coat changes to a crisp white but with the same black tail tip.
Personality: She is shy, but warm to strangers. Very trusting but this is her weakness because she'll trust almost anyone. The rest I'll RP out.
Likes: Water, tress, warm things like the sun, sweet things, hunting, snow, rain and napping
Dislikes: Loud noises, the night, nasty animals
Color you will post in: Pink
Other: None
Username: silverlining
Animal you want to play: Bobcat
Name of animal: Mouse
Fur/feather color:
Eye color: very pale green
Personality: Mouse is secluded, mopey, and very vengeful. She gets angered easily and if something bothers her she will attack it , but she is easily scared, small, and a little weak so she prefers to flee. Thats why her name is Mouse
Dislikes: her family, especially her mother. What kind of parent names their fierce predator child mouse?
Do you want to be allegible for a love life: yes
Color you will post in: Gray/blue
Other: she has scars on her shoulder from when she was young

Tesshin wrote:Username: Tesshin
Animal you want to play: Moose
Name of animal: Tamar
Fur/feather color: Black {He is melanistic}
Eye color: Dark brown
Personality: Although he can be quite nice if you get to know him, he is hard headed, not very clever and highly aggressive. Unless of course you are a female moose... He doesn't tolerate anyone else being in his waterweed patch... He can be very vicious if upset, as all 2000+ pound moose are.
Likes: He likes what every moose likes. A good supply of food, waterweed is his favourite, a moosette or two and somewhere nice to sleep at night. He doesn't really want things complicated, like other species prefers. But then again, when you're over 2000 pounds, why would you?
Dislikes: He dislikes company, they only come crashing through his waterweed, destroying his favourite food and making him angry. Although he doesn't exactly dislike it too much, he doesn't like wandering around in the light as much as the day. Being melanistic makes it difficult to hide in the daylight.
Do you want to be allegible for a love life: Yeah, sure. If anyone else brings in a moosette ;3
Color you will post in: Plum ;3
Other: I'm sorry for the crappiness of my form...

Wildmagic_warrior wrote:Username: Wildmagic_warrior
Animal you want to play: Redtailed Hawk
Name of animal: Damu Kipanga
Fur/feather color: Red-brown wings and back, red-gold head, white chest with brown zigzag patterns across the top. White wing undersides, long red-gold tail feathers.
Eye color: Fierce yellow-god, with piercing black pupils.
Personality: With a name that translates to "Blood Hawk", one can probably tell that Damu is not a friendly character. He holds a sort of uneasy trust with allies, but he's too fierce and proud for actual friends. Maybe, just maybe, you could find yourself on his good side, but it takes a long time, and you'd have to give him a hundred and one reasons to trust you.
Likes: His tail feathers, small mammals [to eat, not befriend], nighttime.
Dislikes: Bright or shiny things, other creatures, snakes. He hates snakes, with a passion.
Do you want to be eligible for a love life: It depends, but yes.
Color you will post in: I will post in the most wonderful color of indigo.
Other: His father was snake-bit when he made a daring attempt for winter food, and died. Damu's mother is still alive, but he hasn't spoken to her since he left the nest, as is expected.
Last edited by kadoodlebird on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:39 pm, edited 45 times in total.
kadoodlebird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Lay of the Land~ Map

The Map

If your character has any sort of haunt that you would like me to put on this map, PM me.

Last edited by kadoodlebird on Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
kadoodlebird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Crushes & Mates

Crushes & Mates

Any loves, crushes, and mates will be posted here. Also, the free animals who are seeking a relationship will be posted here, so you don't have to go searching through the thread for an availible person. It makes it all that easier. <3

You may not mate with an animal that isn't the same species as you. You may, however, have a crush.

Crushes:
None

Mates:
None

Free:

Cernunnos | Deer | Male
Sabelle | Fox | Female
Hedwick | Deer | Female
Steve | Wolf | Male
Birchwood | Squirrel | Male
Razzle | Wolf | Female
Aspen | Stoat | Female
Kuxie | River Otter | Female
Tamar | Moose | Male
Damu Kipanga | Hawk | Male
Mouse | Bobcat | Female
Azel | Deer/moose hybrid | Female
Poppy | Deer Mouse | Female
Last edited by kadoodlebird on Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:47 pm, edited 32 times in total.
kadoodlebird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff & Lists

Postby kadoodlebird » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:41 am

Staff & Lists

Here is where the Blacklist, Warning List, and Staff List will live. Keep in mind that, in the case of extreme wrong-doing, you could be given a suspension. If you have a suspension, you will be listed under the Warnings list with the words 'suspension' under your name. Two suspensions and you are blacklisted.

Blacklist:
None

Warnings:

Stefang- numbers of warnings issued- 1

Staff:

Kadoodlebird - Owner, Mod
Yami ~ Misadventures - Mod
Last edited by kadoodlebird on Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:46 pm, edited 7 times in total.
kadoodlebird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Deadwood News

Postby kadoodlebird » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:14 am

News

kadoodlebird wrote:For my newest update (2/9), click here. I will be posting updates like these every few days to let you know which account's will be deleted soon, and if I am making any changes in the forum.

Hurr.... open to new characters!

If you want to RP two characters, you need to earn that privilege. If I see you have RP'd well (this means good gramatical stuff and such, people) for at least three weeks, I will award you with that privilege! Learn more here.

Also, I wanted to tell you all to please use correct grammer and punctuation to the best of your ability at all times. For the complete details, please view this post. Thank you for your cooperation! :3
Last edited by kadoodlebird on Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:10 pm, edited 25 times in total.
kadoodlebird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Deadwood Forest~ A Fantasy Role Play

Postby kadoodlebird » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:55 am

| --UPDATE-- | Current weather status: Cold & breezy | Current season: Autumn | Time of day: Dusk |

Minera the raven shuffled her feathers disdainfully. The sun was setting, and the air was chilly. She watched as two mice scurried around in search of seed and other food for the coming winter. She sniffed and hoped they wouldn't be able to find food, so they would starve and die. Deadwood was hers, and hers alone. Luckily, the wildfire that had made Deadwood "dead" had managed to keep most of the animals away.
~~~~~~~

Minera had been one of the very first animals to come back to Deadwood Forest. She had flashbacks every so often of the smoke that hung in the air, the trees that had been blackened with smoke. Any surviving trees were soon eaten by pine beetles, notorious little creatures that bit into a tree's veins and killed it very quickly. She could almost hear the crunching on the beetles mouths, eagerly sinking into the trees bark.
kadoodlebird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeydont » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:06 pm

Cernunnos raised his head from the small pool of water slowly. The chill air ruffled his thick white pelt, but he was uneffected by it. His large brown eyes picked out a glossly black raven and he watched her quietly. The corpse remains of fire-consumed trees rose eerily about him and the setting sun made him stand out like a ghost. "Hello." Cernunnos said flatly.

🍓 david // he/they // adult
🍓 art shop
🍓 icon art
🍓 sig art @ me

honeydont

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Razzle~ » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:12 pm

The brown wolf lifted her wet nose to the cold Autumn wind, and inhaled the smells of the forest in front of her. The moon was slowly rising, and the smell of death and grief was strong from the graveyard she had passed earlier.
The faint sent of two single animals drifted to her, and she strained to identify them. One was a bird, the other - some sort of prey animal. The wolf found quickly she was the top of the food chain - for now.

Several minutes later, the wolf found herself deeper in the forest. She saw a flash of brown - perhaps some white mingled in?
Raising her eyes to the tops of the trees, the wolf saw the bird. It was black, and looked like a huffy one.
She decided the bird was a crow or raven. She had seen a lot of them in the old forest where she used to live as the alpha of her pack.
Last edited by ~Razzle~ on Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Razzle~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kadoodlebird » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:19 pm

| --UPDATE-- | Current weather status: Still air | Current season: Autumn | Time of day: Nightime |

OOC: Razzy, make sure you post in blue! It's your posting color. :)

Minera heard rustling in the dead trees below. She looked down- a wolf! What? Surely the forest had killed the flea-bitten animals off. She clicked her beak angrily, but remained in her tree. She didn't dare taunt this wolf. It looked hungry. Instead she stared down at it, and occasionally let out a little jeer. Besides squirrels, the animal she hated the most was wolves. Because of them, she was constantly looking over her shoulder.

Oooh! Why hadn't the fire scared them away? she thought. The only reason I'm even alive is because I flew away as soon as the fire started. How did this wolf survive?!

.... And why had this wolf returned to Deadwood?
kadoodlebird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me