1x1 with hollyglow and Consulting_Angel

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: 1x1 with hollyglow and Consulting_Angel

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:06 pm

Ashton Rouleau
He rolled his eyes slightly, not wanting to have been 'caught out', in a way. "There tends to be two settings - passive-aggressive, or shouting from the rooftops... or the window, in this case." Ashton responded, only partially joking. He just hadn't really wanted to be blatantly disapproving - though he supposed that it must be obvious at this point anyway. Perhaps he should request some cutlery next time, so that he could teach Jem how to use them... as long as it wouldn't end in them attacking each other with them. Ashton ate the rest of his food in a controlled manner, and then he leaned back slightly.

Loralei Waverly
She remained silent until they got back to their room. Or was it Elsa's room? No, she thought, it was quite clearly their room, since she hadn't been made to have a separate room. It was quite a nice thought, really. Loralei glanced towards Elsa when she asked about the food, and she gave a little shrug. "I... well, it's certainly food." She responded, softly. Then, a little more seriously, she added, "It was very odd. I'm not quite sure if I'll get used to it, but I think I did well so far." She just hoped that there wouldn't be any negative repercussions for her.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hollyglow » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:01 pm

Elsa Alina Asbjornson

I shrugged. "Well, I would say that's fairly good, then. Don't worry, I'm sure it will be strange for me to eat your food, when I get a chance." I smiled at Loralei. I could almost see the rest of the sentence trailing away from her, after 'so far', and I wondered if her mind was following the same track as mine. I felt irrationally pleased at that. After all, to many people in my world, women weren't supposed to think about things like how a body processed food. Of course, Loralei's culture was different, but it was still thrilling to be around someone who not only didn't mind the way my brain worked, but actually understood it. "So..." I thought for a moment. "How about you tell me one of your stories about humans?"

Jem Laceburn

"Well, I can already tell that my married life is going to be enjoyable, then," I replied. My tone was somewhat sarcastic, but it was actually true. I really enjoyed the way Ashton reacted to things. While I was certain I wouldn't be nearly as thrilled when it was a reaction to something important, I could still at least appreciate it. And, at the moment, I just enjoyed teasing him. I finished my food and looked over at Ashton with a grin. "Does that mean my writing lessons are getting put off until you teach me decent table manners?"
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
SINGING THE SONG OF ANGRY MEN

ImageImage
Hi! I'm Erin/Eren/Aaron. Um.
Not sure what else to put here...I
guess, I'm kinda an average
teen...ask my pronouns, please.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ IT IS THE MUSIC OF A PEOPLE WHO WILL NOT BE SLAVES AGAIN!━━━━━━━
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙
━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━
©
━━━━━━━━━━
⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙
to die for lack of love is horrible.

the asphyxia of the soul.

✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕
hollyglow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:42 pm

Ashton Rouleau
He shot Jem a brief glare, but there was no animosity or annoyance behind it. "Yes. Yes it will." He responded, and then he couldn't help but break into a smile afterwards. He was just going to have to make Jem enjoy it, if need be, he decided. Ashton pouted as he figured that he was being teased again, then he shrugged. "Maybe so. Or I will have to draw up a schedule, like in a school." He said, figuring that there might be more that will have to be added to the list, but he didn't want there to be too much that he'd have to show Jem. After all, he didn't want to change him so much.

Loralei Waverly
Loralei smiled warmly, "I'm sure it will. Hopefully you will get the chance to do that sometime." She said, and then she moved to sit down on the edge of the bed again. She guessed that it wasn't really a normal thing to do - talking about food. It wasn't often discussed among merfolk. At least, she certainly hadn't heard it get discussed very openly - it mostly extended to jhst complimenting it and the chef, or making suggestions of improvements. But it was still nice to be asked about it, considering it was a first for her. Then, Loralei nodded slightly, if a little uncertainly, in agreement. "Uh... okay then. Let me just think of one I can tell..." she said.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hollyglow » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:38 pm

Elsa Alina Asbjornson

I nodded, content to wait for as long as it took. There was a sort of morbid curiosity that I felt as I wondered what her story would be like. After all, from what I could tell, the merfolk didn't have a particularly high opinion of humans, and if my story had been a bit dark, I could only imagine how hers might reflect on us. But I didn't exactly mind; sometimes, I thought humans deserved whatever low opinion we recieved. I moved over to sit on the bed and studied Loralei intently.

Jem Laceburn

I was grinning at Ashton, but my smile faded as he mentioned school. I hadn't been allowed to go to school, since it was only for boys---boys in male bodies, anyway. "Maybe so..." I murmured in agreement. I was quiet for a moment, regarding Ashton thoughtfully. "I want everyone to be allowed to go to school," I added softly after a pause, studying Ashton intently.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

ImageImage
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ IT IS THE MUSIC OF A PEOPLE WHO WILL NOT BE SLAVES AGAIN!━━━━━━━
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙
━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━
©
━━━━━━━━━━
⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙

✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕
hollyglow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:54 am

Ashton Rouleau
He noticed Jem's smile fading slightly, and he realised that he might have been insensitive. Of course not everyone was allowed the chance to be educated, he just had failed to remember or consider that when he spoke. Then, Ashton nodded slightly in acknowledgement. "In that case, I will fight hard to make sure that we can change that. I want Gwildor to be more progressive than it is now." He declared, and he wondered if he was going to need to start keeping a list of everything that he wanted to do and change.

Loralei Waverly
"Ooh, okay, I have one. It's fairly short, though." Loralei said, and she smiled lightly. Then, she got a little more serious. "I don't remember the name of it, but I've heard it a few times to know it." She explained, then she went on to start, "It starts out with Mrs. Johnstone, a mother of seven children who is in debt and struggles to support her family, especially after her husband walks out on her, and she's pregnant with an eighth child. So, she takes on the role as a housemaid for the Lyons - a upper-middle class couple - who are unable to have a child. While Mrs. Lyons would like to adopt, Mr. Lyons - who is often away on business - is not keen on the idea. Then, Mrs. Johnstone finds out that she's pregnant with twins, to which she tells Mrs. Lyons about it. Mrs. Lyons gets the idea, though, to convince Mrs. Johnstone to give her one of the babies when the twins are born, to which Mrs. Johnstone apprehensively agrees to."
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hollyglow » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:03 pm

Elsa Alina Asbjornson

I watched Loralei intently as she began to tell the story. It sparked my curiosity, as it sounded somewhat familiar to stories I'd heard when I was younger, one in particular, which I couldn't quite recall...all I remembered was the idea of a woman being told to give her child away. I leaned forward, nodding for her to go on.

Jem Laceburn

I leaned my head against Ashton's shoulder, my smile returning, more gentle than before, but just as bright. "Thank you," I murmured. My lips twitched. "Oh, just think of the havoc I could wreak on a kingdom, if I were the only one in charge. But then, I suppose the goal in many places is that one person doesn't have all the power...just most of it."
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

ImageImage
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙
━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━
©
━━━━━━━━━━
⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙

✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕
hollyglow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:10 am

Ashton Rouleau
He smiled again, and moved an arm around Jem's back, drawing him close. "You're welcome." Ashton responded, then he laughed quietly. "Well, things will certainly turn upside down anyway... but that's a good thing. And we might have to hold each other back sometimes, just to stop anything too outrageous happening... at least, not let it happen all at once."

Loralei Waverly
She continued talking, telling the story, and wondering if it was a bit longer than she'd originally thought. "So, the twins are born, and Mrs. Johnstone names them Mickey and Edward. She keeps to her promise, and gives Edward to Mrs. Lyons, though she regrets making the deal. She also lies to her other children, telling them that the other baby died and went to Heaven. Mrs. Johnstone continues to work for the Lyons, but Mrs. Lyons soon feels that Mrs. Johnstone is paying too much attention to the child she gave up to her. So, she fires Mrs. Johnstone, who wants to take the baby with her, but Mrs. Lyons plays on Johnstone's superstitions and tells her that if two twins separated at birth learn that they are twins, then they'll both die immediately. Mrs. Johnstone is offered money from Mrs. Lyons, but she leaves without the money, or the baby."
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hollyglow » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:54 pm

Elsa Alina Asbjornson

I tilted my head in curiousity. I'd never really heard this story, as I knew, but it really did seem a bit familiar. "Hm..." I murmured, brushing a hand through my hair thoughtfully and leaning my head on Loralei's shoulder. "Are most merfolk very superstitious?" Of course, humans could be similar, although it tended to be more of a lower-class thing. But then, the royalty could be equally superstitious, just in different ways.

Jem Laceburn

"Of course," I nodded somberly. "Don't worry, highness, when you are filled with an uncontrollable urge to fill every school with mandatory ballroom dancing lessons, I will be there to stop you." I squeezed Ashton's shoulders and grinned at him. "But seriously...of course. I'll be there for you whenever you need me."
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

ImageImage
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙
━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━
©
━━━━━━━━━━
⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙

✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕
hollyglow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:23 pm

Ashton Rouleau
"I'd never considered doing that before. Maybe i will now, thanks for the suggestion." Ashton replied, half joking, but his tone did have a hint of sincerity in it. He wondered how that would play out. Probably not very well, with those that wouldn't have any need for them in the future. Ashton smiled brightly. "Good. And I will be there for you as well."

Loralei Waverly
Loralei put an arm around Elsa's waist. "Well... I know that some are very superstitious, but I think that the majority do believe in one or two." She responded. She knew that they were a bit silly, but she couldn't help but think that maybe one or two could be true. "Anyway. Around ten years later, Mickey, the son Mrs. Johnstone kept, meets Edward, the other twin, by chance, and after learning they share the same birthday, the two boys make a pact to become blood brothers, with Mickey calling Edward "Eddie". Mrs Johnstone finds them and sends Eddie away, telling him not to come round again or else the "Bogey-man" will get him. Later in the day, Mickey goes to Eddie's house, but Mrs Lyons throws him out when she comes to the realization that he is Edward's separated twin. She and Eddie argue on the subject, and Eddie swears at her, which results in Mrs Lyons slapping him and immediately regretting her reaction. She realises that he has learned to swear from Mickey."
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hollyglow » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:35 pm

Elsa Alina Asbjornson

I arched an eyebrow, surprised at the twist in the story. Somehow it wasn't what I expected, though I wasn't sure why. Of course I knew they'd find out about each other eventually, but this wasn't how I would have thought it would happen. So I just nodded, waiting for Loralei to continue.

Jem Laceburn

I nodded, then glanced out the window at the darkening sky. "Should we get some sleep?" I suggested softly. "If we're going to be getting up early, I mean." I took the tray from the food and placed it on the floor, giving it a nudge but otherwise making no effort to leave it in a convenient place for whoever came to get it---I could be pettily vengeful like that. I then turned back to Ashton, waiting for his reply.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

ImageImage
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙
━━━━━━━━━━