1x1 - madeth & Consulting_Angel

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: 1x1 - madeth & Consulting_Angel

Postby madeth » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:03 pm

Thomas took a moment to process Sebastian's coldness, though he was pretty unsurprised by it. They really were complete opposites -- Thomas's friendliness only seemed to irritate Sebastian. He almost admired the complete business mindset that Sebastian had, but at the same time, he couldn't imagine being so high strung and uptight about everything. In that time, Sebastian's expression changed a bit and he quickly scooted off to handle.. whatever he needed to handle. A quick "See you," escaped his mouth quietly, though at that point it was unlikely Sebastian heard him. He wondered what happened to make Sebastian scurry off so quickly, but he also knew that it wasn't his business.

With the other director's exit, he took his own. He figured it was about time he got back to his dorm and settled in for the day. Once he got to his dorm, he plopped down in his bed to relax. Having to take on a true leadership role was extremely difficult for him, but something Thomas had to do. But with all that responsibility comes a lot of stress, so he wanted to take a little time to relax. However, his relaxation only lasted a moment before his phone began to ring. He looked at the name and it was one of his group members.

A weird gut feeling hit Thomas as he tapped on his phone to pick up the call. A few quick greetings were exchanged before the other party broke some awful news: "I hate to have to do this, but my family had a big emergency and I'm gonna have to go back home for a while.." they spoke. "I'll just do online classes, but it means I can't perform anymore." His heart sank.

He usually wouldn't have cared, but knowing they had limited time to figure everything out for the biggest opportunity of their academic lifetimes forced him to care, perhaps a bit too much. The group still had several other members, though, so he prayed everything would be fine... or maybe it would cause a terrible domino effect. With the phone call finished, Thomas laid back down on his bed and decided to nap in an attempt to relieve some of the stress that was continually building up.
madeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:37 pm

Once he got back to his accommodation - a single-room studio apartment on the edge of campus that he'd managed to get a good deal on - Sebastian sat down at his desk, and opened up the laptop that he had there. It was time to do some research - something that he could work with now that he was down an actor. The one he had in mind already did have two characters, one that only showed up in Act One and one that only showed up in Act Two, that could be played by one actor. That could be something to keep in mind, especially as he'd had his heart set on the murder mystery. But, he also figured it might be worth taking a look into other plays that he could consider.

He also had a notebook next to him, writing down potential plays, even potential cast lists. He had to find something. The sooner he did, the better. Sebastian still hadn't replied to the member that had messaged him - he had initially typed out a message when he'd sat down, but deleted it, not sure what he could say. He didn't want to be negative about it, but it hurt to know that the member hadn't warned him beforehand, and he wanted to wait until he wouldn't say something hurtful before replying. So, he focused on his research for now.
    He continued his search into the night, eventually falling asleep while at his desk.

When Sebastian woke up the next morning, he had two more messages from other members of the drama group. One had gone out last night with some friends after the meeting, and had managed to fall down a flight of stairs and break an arm and a leg, so they were out. And another admitting that they were dropping out, outright saying that he didn't want to take the stress and pressure that would be put on the group by Sebastian.
    The director felt his heart drop as he read over the messages. Down to seven... it was still a workable group, but it didn't help to calm his nerves. What kind of luck was this? To have an opportunity presented to him, only to have actors start to drop like flies? He could feel the control of everything slipping out of his grasp. He rubbed his neck, aching from falling asleep at his desk the previous night, and went to take a shower and change his outfit, to try and clear his mind and figure out what he was going to do next.

Afterwards, Sebastian went back to his phone, to send messages back, acknowledging that he'd read them and not much more. Then, he sent a message to the rest of the drama group, notifying them of another meeting to take place after classes that evening.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby madeth » Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:33 pm

Thomas’s nap unexpectedly turned into an entire night of sleep, which he really needed thanks to all this new-found stress. Upon waking, he opened up his phone to check the time. Luckily, it was the same time he normally got up for his daily routine. Unluckily, a bunch of commotion had gone on in his group’s group chat while he was asleep. With yet another sick feeling in his stomach, Thomas scrolled through the messages, hoping for the best.

Another member decided to quit the group. Unlike the previous, they simply felt they had to prioritize their studies over a gigantic and stressful performance. Thomas understood, but their departure highlighted the fact that having a “fun and games” attitude might be hurting the group in the long run. When the group formed, they all just wanted to have fun doing something they loved. Now, things were different, and Thomas feared his fellow members wouldn’t be able to handle it. He even wondered if he himself could truly handle all the pressure.

The other members seemed hesitant about what to do. Thomas could sense the tension and uncertainty just through their text messages. As much as he lacked confidence in his leadership abilities, he knew he had to do something. His brown eyes darted across the keyboard as he typed up a message: “We need to have another meeting to figure everything out. Let’s meet at our normal time today.” He wondered if anyone would show up, though he suspected some of the more dedicated members would end up sticking things out with him. A few replies showed up moments later with thumbs up emojis, bringing him at least some relief.

He wondered what would happen if too many people quit. How would they work their performance out? He assumed Sebastian’s group was already miles ahead of them, and with people dropping out, he knew they could never compete. It worried him, but he tried to stay positive. The group needed him, and he needed to maintain his love and passion for acting. Thomas made a cup of coffee before exiting his dorm to head to their meeting room, ready for the worst.
madeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:08 pm

Sebastian spent much of the day, when he wasn't in classes, desperately researching plays the group could do, now with an even more limited cast size. He had to have something, something so that they could start rehearsals as soon as possible and try to lock in the other group members. He bet if Thomas saw the state he and his group were in, he'd probably laugh. Maybe say it was Sebastian's fault. He wasn't that disliked, was he? He was a perfectionist, yes, but that made the productions they did all the better for. Maybe a part of him was worried that if the three that had dropped, no matter what their reasoning, it would make the other group members feel more comfortable to drop out as well.

Sebastian had to take a minute to lie down on the floor of his room, to stop it from spinning. Closing his eyes and taking several deep breaths, he thought through everything more slowly. It would be fine. Seven wasn't a bad cast size. If anything... it would mean that the cast could shine more, because there'd be less people on stage. And he didn't have to let Thomas find out. As the for rest of the group... well, they'd stuck with him for this long, and the three that had dropped out had perfectly valid reasons outside of their control - mostly. He lay there for a little while longer, until it was about time that he left to get to the meeting, so he got up carefully and collected his bag, as well as his notebook that he'd written down plays and their descriptions to present to the group as suggestions.

Sebastian walked to the building that the meeting room was in, a little surprised as he walked down the corridor to see that the other group's meeting room was also being used - another emergency meeting? He was pretty sure that both groups were scheduled to meet at the same times and days, and since this wasn't a usual meeting time, it really seemed like it. How strange. Maybe, Sebastian thought, they wanted to get a jump start on casting and rehearsals as well.
He went into the room with his own group's meeting, noting a few members had already shown up. Now to wait for the rest of the remaining group.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby madeth » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:45 pm

Thomas sat alone in the meeting room until, finally, the rest of the group began to funnel in. Unlike normal, his carefree attitude had completely gone out of the window. He was anxious enough that it was quite visible. His group members knew what was coming and figured it was best not to make his anxiety worse by pestering him about it. After all, Thomas never got like this, so perhaps he wouldn't deal well with being asked about it. The group wouldn't be wrong -- Thomas was a nervous wreck, and considering the fact this was the first time he had dealt with such pressure, he didn't want anyone to notice.

Once everyone arrived, Thomas cleared his throat. He scratched his head, ruffling his fingers through his blond hair as he spoke. "So... We've had two people drop out," he spoke somewhat silently, but loud enough for them all to hear. They awkwardly stared at him, equally unsure of how to approach the issue. "I know you all want to be pretty lax about this, but we need to figure out a play with less cast members as soon as possible," continuing after a gulp of hesitation, "Or else... we won't be able to compete against Sebastian's group."

People looked at each other, then at Thomas, then back at each other once more. His worst fears were just about to come true and he could sense it. One of the actresses of the group spoke up, biting the bullet: "I want to continue with the group, but... I just don't think I can handle the pressure anymore." Thomas didn't even know what to say. Another two members spoke up as well, two of their best actors, repeating the same statement. He realized they were dropping like flies. He didn't reply, but instead looked at the most loyal members of the group with desperation and uncertainty.

They nodded to him as a hint of encouragement. "Well, I get it. That's fine. Okay. Thank you for sticking with it all this time at least," he replied, unsure of how to phrase anything at this point. Those who quit said their farewells and exited. He was down to hardly anyone left. Those who remained were loyal and willing to stay until the end, but they could never pull off a play with so few actors. Thomas came up with an idea: "We're going to have to find extra members, and fast." But how could he pull that off? He didn't know, but he had to figure something out. Then it hit him: Maybe Sebastian could help him, or they could help each other. Or, perhaps, that was a silly idea... He was determined to at least try.
madeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:03 pm

Finally, the rest of the group arrived. At least... what was left of it. Honestly, with seven, it was a workable amount. He wasn't sure what he'd been so dramatic about, this could work out excellently. He was slightly concerned about the weaker actors of the group - not that he'd tell them that they were so - but they could do some extra coaching. There was some concern from the group, having clearly noticed the reduced group size and Sebastian supposed he still looked quite frazzled. Well - no better thing than to get right to the point.

"So - as you can tell, we've had a few dropouts. But! That's okay, because we are a strong team. I have found several compelling murder mysteries that we could perform. I will warn you - this will be a lot more pressure than before, but with a huge opportunity at the end of it, I think this is worth the pressure and seriousness." Sebastian announced, and glanced at the group to gauge reactions. A few determined. A couple blank. A few uncertain and nervous. Well, he could work with that. He began to take out a few sample scripts from potential shows, when one of the uncertain members of the group spoke.
    "I can't do this anymore!" she blurted out, "I'm sorry - it's too much pressure and I have other studies to focus on. Acting is not something I plan as a career. So... I'm going."

Sebastian looked at her, stunned. Just like that, it was crashing around him again. He took a few moments to compose himself - he did not want to lose it in front of everyone just yet. After a few deep breaths, he finally spoke. "Very well then. Anyone else? I'm just going to turn around, if you're going to leave, just go." Sebastian turned his back to the group, hearing the sound of footsteps hurrying to the door. He waited until the door was closed before he turned around again. Four left. Five, including himself. It was very small. There wasn't enough.
    "Well - now I know who's committed to this!" Sebastian commented.
    "What are we going to do?" One of the others asked.

Sebastian didn't know. Six or seven he could work with. Just five, though? Sure, there were plays and shows that worked with such small cast sizes, but if they were to beat Thomas' group... they'd need more. A proper, big production, befitting of the budget they were given. Or, medium on the bigger side.
    "Looks like I'm recruiting. There must be some students that would be dying for such an opportunity. I could host auditions for the end of the week - we'd be a little behind schedule, but..."
    "There are other students already... right?" one of the group mentioned, nodding towards the shared wall of the group meeting rooms. Sebastian hesitated. Sure, the group could be bigger. But he resented the idea of having to team up with a rival group, and it would be outright embarrassing to ask. Especially if Thomas still had everyone in his group.

"I'm sure they're busy with their own production." Sebastian replied, but with a look from the rest of the group, he sighed. "I'll keep you all updated, alright?" he said, and dismissed the group - or what was left of it - for the meeting. Sebastian waited until they'd all left before sitting on the floor. Time to figure out what to do. Auditions for new group members was preferable, but could take more time than they were worth, and he wasn't guaranteed to find enough people that he'd deem suitable. His only other option was much less desirable. He'd have to appear pathetic and ask Thomas about the groups combining. But - it would also mean a bigger budget, since it wouldn't be split between two groups now. They'd just have to prove themselves.

After a long while, Sebastian came to a decision, and finally left the room, stepping out into the corridor. Time to find Thomas and hope that nothing else goes horribly wrong.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby madeth » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:22 pm

With the idea of asking Sebastian and his group for help, Sebastian nervously told the other group members what he was thinking. He still hadn't gotten used to the whole leadership thing. Things had changed so drastically in such a short period of time. One day, he was just another guy in the group, able to relax and have fun with his biggest passion. The next, he's been shoved into a stressful position, lost most of his group members, and has to truly act like a leader. He could hardly adjust to it all, but he had to.

His group members were shocked. They, too, knew the nature of Sebastian. His entire philosophy was the opposite of theirs. However, they also knew it was unrealistic to expect any kind of recruitment to work out in their favor. They would likely just be left with no potential new members if they went that route. Thomas was the only one willing to take charge, and so he did. He thanked the few members he had left for staying in the group and told them he would provide updates as soon as he had any. With that, he hurriedly left the room.

As he exited, he realized that Sebastian was standing outside in the hallway. It was the perfect opportunity to ask him, but Thomas was nervous that someone as uptight as Sebastian would never agree to help out a rival. He hesitated for a moment and took a deep breath, walking in the direction of Sebastian and waving to get his attention. As he got closer, he gave a friendly greeting, hoping to get on his good side. "Hey Sebastian, how're you doing today?" he spoke as cheerfully as he could, trying to mask his nervousness.
madeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:42 am

He'd not walked far before he saw Thomas was now out in the corridor as well - and Sebastian didn't even have to flag him down, as the other student was approaching him. With a cheerful, friendly smile that was going to make this even more difficult. Sebastian straightened his posture, taking a deep breath as he closed the gap between the two, reminding himself that it was going to be best to remain direct and as somewhat confident as he could.

"Thomas. Things could be better if I'm entirely honest." Sebastian replied, his tone candid. It wasn't exactly showing any sort of weakness. Hopefully. He had half a mind to just go the audition route anyway. Agh this was going to be so embarrassing. He took another deep breath, as he reminded himself that it was for the good of his group, his own career. The rest of his group was counting on him. And this was one of those moments in leadership that he would have to grit his teeth and get through. Besides, he fully intended to retain his leader and director role if the groups did combine. And what's the worst thing that could happen? Aside from Thomas laughing at him and telling his group and he becomes a laughing stock?

"Look, Thomas. Director to director. The pressure of the prospect of this opportunity we have has been a little... much for a few of my group members - along with a handful of other external issues for a couple. Anyway - give my group is a less than optimal size, it was suggested that I ask you if you'd be open to having our groups combine? Benefits - my directoral expertise and a larger budget." Sebastian explained, deciding to present the question as directly as possible - for him, anyway. He waited a moment, before adding, "And if you say no and tell anyone, I will end you." trying to sound threatening, but it didn't quite work for him - although he was serious.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby madeth » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:32 pm

After hearing Sebastian's confession, Thomas was both shocked and relieved at the same time. He never would have thought in a million years that Sebastian would have faced the exact same challenge as he did, but here he was. All the nervousness he felt completely disappeared, even with Sebastian's threat of "ending" him, which he took with a grain of salt. His decision was already made, long before the other director's proposal. There was no choice -- he had to group up with Sebastian and company, even if the two were total opposites.

A sigh of relief escaped his mouth after a brief moment of hesitation. "You know, my group kinda fell apart too," he replied, "I was out here to ask you the exact same thing." The fact Sebastian actually asked him first made him wonder if Sebastian is truly as uptight as he is on the surface. Deep down, he just wanted the best for his drama group, just like Thomas did. Plus, they both came up with the same exact idea, so maybe they weren't so different after all. This could work, Thomas thought, even though Sebastian's mere presence intimidated him.

"You have a deal," Thomas grinned, "We'll merge our groups, no big deal. It has to be done anyway, or we'd both lose out." He added as a joke, "...and I won't step on your toes too much!" He figured Sebastian wouldn't appreciate his humor, but it was true. The last thing Thomas wanted to do was fight over how they wanted to direct their performance. Adapting to Sebastian's method of leadership, however, would be very difficult for him. All he could do was hope they got along just well enough to make their performance a success.

The two would have to announce to their groups that they would be merging. Thomas pondered on how to handle it. Perhaps the best way to do that is by getting everyone together. "I don't know the best way to tell our groups about the decision, but maybe we can get everyone together in a meeting real soon," he suggested, shrugging his shoulders. They didn't have that much time, so they would have to be told quickly and their newly-formed group would need to start rehearsing quickly. Thomas just hated having to be the one to make a decision. His lax attitude and indecisiveness was already apparent, but he hoped it wouldn't bother his new co-director too much.
madeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:49 pm

The sigh of relief was not what Sebastian had expected. He less expected Thomas to mention that his group had fallen apart as well, that he was about to ask the exact thing he had just done. Well that, while a relief and made things less embarrassing, could have gone different if he'd waited for Thomas to speak first. Then he could have taken a moment of superiority. It didn't matter. It was done now - and Thomas had accepted his offer. So it was official.

"This is only out of necessity." Sebastian replied, not quite appreciating the joke, and half considering retracting the offer. Though he hadn't quite thought of that - how would having two directors work? Sure, Sebastian also intended to act, but he would not step down from his dual role as director either. He doubted that he would quite get to take full control, especially if Thomas' group were more 'loyal' to the other director.

He did agree that they'd have to tell the groups soon, and probably rework a meeting schedule, though. Sebastian nodded firmly. "If everyone's free tonight or tomorrow, we can call another meeting to announce it. Although my group do have a meeting planned for tomorrow evening already." he said, figuring it would be convenient. "Have you already decided on a play? I have got something in mind myself." he then asked, wondering if they'd be able to come to a decision for that so that they could make that announcement at the same time and really get things rolling.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me