Lost in the Shadows

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Lost in the Shadows

Postby Phina D Wolf » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:42 am

Follow all of Tess's rules please!
marya d. is co-owner
Chat/Character Thread

╔═══════════════════╗

RULES
will not be assigned a mate.

2. You may be mates with any cat, but all
litters with a cat other than your assigned
breeding partner must be approved by the
leader.

3. If any cat is found to have stolen prey and
is over twelve moons old, they will be exiled
from the clan, and are to be chased away if
spotted again. If they are under twelve moons
old, they must remain in camp for three moons
and given chores.

4. Any cat found to have kits with a cat who is
not their assigned partner will be exiled from
the clan as soon as it is safe to do so. The kits
will be given to another nursing queen if at all
possible.

5. If any cat is found to be acting as parent to
kits that are not their own, they shall be exiled
from the clan as soon as they are not needed to
support the kits. If possible the real parents
shall be found and the kits returned. If not,
another nursing queen shall be given charge of
the kits.

6. All queens and kits must have first pick of the
prey, as they are the future of the clan.

7. The word of the leader is law, even if it goes
against the warrior code. The leader knows how
we must survive.

8. No cat may explore alone. Exploration parties
must have at least four cats, one of which must
have basic herbal knowledge.

╚═══════════════════╝

THE STORY

Once we were part of a clan so huge, our territory
spanned miles and mountains. Whole rivers began
and ended within our domain. But we were not
content. We had mastered everything that the sun
touched, but we wanted more. So our leader sent us
on a mission to explore the caverns of the
mountains, where light is a gift from StarClan.
They sent enough cats to explore for moons, one of
us returning through the tunnels each moon to
report to our clan. But not even one messenger
had the chance to tell of what we discovered.
It was nearing the end of the first moon, and
our first messenger was almost ready to leave when
we heard it. A roar the like of which we had never
heard before and hope never to hear again. Yet at
the time we thought nothing of it. We were still
unused to the caves in which we lived, and
assumed that that roar held no danger. Oh how
wrong we were. Our messenger departed, and
we continued our lives as usual, hunting and
exploring. But within a short while, as we then
had no way to measure the passage of time,
the messenger returned, panicked. The entrance
to the cave was blocked, covered my massive
stones that none of us had the strength to move.
We immediately dissolved into panic, cats
scattering into the passages in hope of finding an
escape. But there was none to be found. After a
moon of chaos, the deputy gathered as many cats
as could be found and began to reason with them.
There was no point in wandering in darkness, every
cat hoping to survive on their own. We must band
together. We must survive. So, we have formed a
new clan. CavernClan. For our survival, we have
created strict rules that we must abide by. Our
leader explained that without these rules, our
clan could not possibly survive. Thank StarClan
that they have granted us such a wise leader.
Welcome to CavernClan.
Last edited by Phina D Wolf on Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 42 times in total.
Phina D Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Phina D Wolf » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:00 am

MOLLIES

LEADER
Swiftstar - Marya D

DEPUTY
Mallowfur - Dinoli1

MEDICINE CAT
Pansyleaf - Simonpet

WARRIORS
Blossomstep - Sushinekko
Shadowgaze - Phina D Wolf
Hailfoot - Marya D
Dawnfrost - krazykitty00

APPRENTICES
Branchpaw - Grey_Hoodie
Fadedpaw - imp.
Shiningpaw - imp.
Duckpaw - Dinoli1

QUEENS
Autumnfeather - Phina D Wolf - expecting any day now
Morningstep - Marya D - kits born

KITS
NONE FOR NOW
[url]link[/url] - [url]player[/url]
TOMS

MEDICINE CAT APPRENTICE
Avocetpaw - .mochi/ornamentalist

WARRIORS
Tipwhisker - Simonpet
Oakcry - Phina D Wolf
Sweetnose - hazil
Cottoncry - Grey_Hoodie
Sprucecall - kacchan,
Gingerfluff - kacchan,
Otterwhisker - Sushinekko
Magpiefur - Ember!

APPRENTICES
Nightpaw - Dinoli1
Driftpaw - krazykitty00

KITS
NONE FOR NOW
Last edited by Phina D Wolf on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:31 am, edited 25 times in total.
Phina D Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Phina D Wolf » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:01 am

RELATIONS
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ASSIGNED

mallowfur x sweetnose
blossomstep x oakcry
swiftstar x sprucecall
morningstep x gingerfluff
hailfoot x magpiefur
autumnfeather x otterwhisker
dawnfrost x tipwhisker
pansyleaf x oakcry (temporary)

INDEPENDENT

swiftstar likes sprucecall
sprucecall likes morningstep
morningstep likes gingerfluff
gingerfluff likes swiftstar
autumnfeather likes sprucecall

MENTORS
branchpaw - tipwhisker
nightpaw - dawnfrost
driftpaw - magpiefur
fadedpaw - hailfoot
shiningpaw - otterwhisker
avocetpaw - pansyleaf
duckpaw - sweetnose
Last edited by Phina D Wolf on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:34 am, edited 15 times in total.
Phina D Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Phina D Wolf » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:40 pm

RECENT EVENTS
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CavernClan was founded and is open for posting!
Swiftstep was made the leader of CavernClan and is now SwiftStar!
Mallowfur was chosen to be the deputy of CavernClan!
Phina D Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lost in the Shadows

Postby Phina D Wolf » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:22 am

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oakcry | Tom | 31 moons | Tagged: open

Oakcry yawned tiredly as he stood, padding gently out of the cave that was currently serving as the warriors den. The dark tabby tom shook himself violently as soon as he was away from the company of others, clouds of cave dust and a rain of pebbles shaking free from his long coat. Sighing in mild irritation, the tom padded over to sit in a patch of sunlight that fell through a crack in the roof, towering above him. Basking in the warm golden glow, he waited patiently for the rest of the warriors to gather and receive their daily assignments from Swiftstar. He shifted uncomfortably, thinking about their new leader who had made so many changes to the way they used to live. But it was for the best he assured himself. Swiftstar knew what she was doing, otherwise Starclan would not have granted her her nine lives. Yes, she knew what was best. Content with this reasoning, Oakcry relaxed, enjoying his little patch of warmth and waiting for the rest of his new clan to wake up.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Shadowgaze | Molly | 29 moons | Tagged: open

Shadowgaze watched as Oakcry left the warrior den, slipping silently out behind him and padding unnoticed to her usual rock ledge. She hopped silently up, turning her tawny gaze on the main cave. She huffed in disdain as Oakcry sought out sunlight, one of the few remnants of their old life. Not that coming to the caves had changed her much. She still had no friends. No family. It didn’t matter where she was, the memory of her family haunted her, isolating her from her clan. At least here she could disappear into the shadows when she wasn’t needed instead of skulking around camp, standing out like a sore paw like she usually did in MountainClan’s snowy camp. Here she was at home in the darkness. But it was a home filled with strangers. Had she not spent a moon completely alone in the darkness, she would have left, tried to survive on her own. But she knew better. Things crawled in that darkness that she had never smelled or seen the like of, and she did not trust herself to face them alone. So here she stayed, alone among many. As was always her place.

Autumnfeather | Molly | 25 moons | Tagged: open

Autumnfeather yawned quietly as she blinked awake. She glanced around the nursery, seeing her fellow queen and her litter not stirring, and padded quietly out. She spied Oakcry nearby, but didn’t feel ready to talk yet this morning. Slipping to the outskirts of camp, she found her own patch of sunlight and let the warmth seep through her fur. The patches of sun that littered the caves were the only things that kept her sane some days. Other than the cats in her new clan, they were her only reminder of the world outside. That and the now bittersweet birdsong that drifted down. The familiar notes tore at her heart, conjuring images of the bright green fields and colorful plants that littered MountainClan’t territory this time of year. She had only been away two moons and already the scents and sounds of their camp were fading, replaced with the dull smell of stone and the distant clatter of falling stones. She missed the beauty of her childhood desperately, and despaired of her kits ever knowing of the bright colors and varied scents of her world, the world outside the caves. Suddenly jerked from her reverie by the pad of little footsteps, she saw Fadedpaw and Shiningpaw emerging from the apprentice den. Getting quickly, if clumsily, to her feet, she trotted over smiling. "Good morning you two!" She said cheerily, "What's dragged you out of your nest so early?"

Phina D Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

“avocetpaw

Postby ghostmaker » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:12 am

❝ 𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐭𝐩𝐚𝐰
      feeling; nervous tagged; open

avocetpaw woke with a start, his paws scrabbling the moss beneath him. once again, the tom had dreamed of his parents’ death. he blinked up at the small hole in the ceiling, rays of sunlight filtering in. the black and white apprentice yearned to go to the above, to feel the crunch of leaves beneath his paws, and the warmth of the sun on his back. getting to his paws, avocetpaw padded out of the medicine den, stopping to arrange some herbs that had fallen. continuing on his way, he slowly sat down, glancing around camp. the warriors seemed to frightening to talk to, and he was sure the apprentices were still sleeping, so he stayed still, awaiting pansyleaf.

avocetpaw’s gaze shifted as he saw fadedpaw and shiningpaw, only to revert back to the warriors. to be truthful, he barely knew the apprentices, as he had never had the courage to speak to them. meekly padding into the main cave, he settled down underneath a shaft of sunlight. purring in content, the young tom watched as the clan awoke.
ghostmaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grey_Hoodie » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:34 am

cottoncry | male | thirty-seven moons | tagged: open
    The snowy white tom huffed, blearily blinking his eyes open to catch sight of his fellow warriors as they made their way out of the makeshift den. He pressed his hearing ear into the ground, hoping to grab just a few more moments of silent sleep. Unfortunately, Cottoncry's mind was already awake and eager to get a start on the day. The tom rolled to his feet, stretching out his paws as a tired yawn split his face in two. He padded out toward the main center of the patrol's new home, gaze seeking out an open patch of sunlight. The best of them were already taken, but as he spied his younger sister soaking up the light's warmth, Cottoncry's face broke out into a cheeky grin.

branchpaw | female | nine moons | tagged: open
    Branchpaw had been up early, just to make sure she could warm up in the sunlight the rest of the morning until their new leader came out to give orders. Her darker fur was beginning to burn in the light's heat, but the apprentice absolutely loved the sensation. The cave that they now called their new home was often colder than what Branchpaw was used to. She enjoyed getting ready for the day by sitting cozy in the sunlight. Suddenly her body toppled to the side, and the molly let out a surprised yowl at having her sunny spot taken away. Cottoncry was looking down at her with a pleased purr, curling up in her spot. Branchpaw couldn't stand for that, butting her head against the tom's side until half of him was forced out of the light. She pressed herself against her sibling, only slightly annoyed that she now had to share the light's warmth. It was nice though, being with her sibling when the rest of her littermates were back in the clan's original camp and unaware of what had happened to them. Branchpaw sighed, eager to have something to do so she wouldn't have to keep thinking about them.
Grey_Hoodie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ ♛ ] i.

Postby morrissey » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:37 pm

S W I F T S T A R !!
          molly && leader && 30 moons && tagged; open
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
            it was the early dawn when swiftstar decided to go hunting, wandering the endless tunnels of her new clan. it was hard to find food when you were closer to the camp, yet it was often dangerous to send patrols out into the tunnels, in-case they collapsed. the clan was a never-ending cycle of 'what-if', and swiftstar was caught right in the middle of it.
            the black molly tried to retain order, and while it was hard, she managed to do it nonetheless. assigned mates probably were not the best idea, but as long as the clan was populated it was fine. and plus, it meant she could select her own mate, and of-course, she chose sprucecall. swiftstar was never one for romance, but something about the tom made her stop and think for a moment, and she quite liked that.
            the sun was beginning to rise steadily when swiftstar returned, two mice in her jaws. she glanced around, attempting to spot anyone who may be of interest to her, but it seemed like her hope was not met. sighing, the she-cat went to the mouth of her den, deciding to survey the clan from there.

M O R N I N G S T E P !!
          she-cat && queen && 26 moons && tagged; open
            ... is sleeping

H A I L F O O T !!
          she-cat && warrior && 30 moons && tagged; open
            ... is open
morrissey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dinolil1 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:25 am

Mallowfur | Deputy | Assigned Mate: Sweetnose | Tagged: Swiftstar

The cream molly sat regal outside the warrior's den, observing the others gathering in the dimly-lit cavern with a sense of protectiveness. As deputy, Mallowfur felt it was her duty to ensure harm didn't befall them and she felt Swiftstar had been right in assigning her as deputy; there was no-one else as duty-driven or clan-driven as herself. Looking around for her ditzy mate, Mallowfur breathed a heavy sigh of relief when she didn't spy him; it was mighty awkward talking to Sweetnose as her mate when she'd always thought him a fool. Spotting the night-black pelt of Swiftstar, Mallowfur smiled softly and approached her with thanks in mind. ''Swiftstar, I just want to thank you for making me deputy of Cavernclan; it's an honour to serve under you.''

Nightpaw | Apprentice | Assigned Mate: N/A | Tagged: Branchpaw

He'd woken up far too early for his liking and sluggishly the dark tom had dragged himself to a fellow apprentice's side; Branchpaw, a molly he didn't really know well nor care to know well. Curling his tail around his paws, Nightpaw regarded Branchpaw and her siblings with evident disinterest before turning away. ''Morning, I guess.'' Nightpaw mumbled quietly.

Duckpaw | Apprentice | Assigned Mate: N/A | Tagged: Fadingpaw, Shiningpaw, Nightpaw and Autumnfeather

The one-eyed molly opened her single eye and regarded the empty den sleepily before pulling herself on sleep-worn limbs and lugging herself into the camp where everyone appeared to have gathered. Duckpaw wasn't tired for long, because she spied a little gaggle of apprentices and warriors; whom seemed to be having a conversation and the little molly wanted in! Bounding over to them, Duckpaw grinned at the quiet mollies and Autumnfeather; her kittens would be coming soon and Duckpaw eagerly anticipated playing with them as soon as they were able to leave the nursery.

''Morning!'' She chirruped, sitting before the queen. ''How are you?''

Miserable, Duckpaw thought; many of the warriors were missing Mountainclan and although Duckpaw understood this, she saw no reason to linger on the past because adventure was at their paws here! Who knew how far these tunnels stretched, winding like snakes among the towering mountains? The molly was unaware of the consequences that lay in the future ahead and all she could see were new prospects.
ImageImageImage

I believe that you are purrfect!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dinolil1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ‟ she's hotter than fire, fire!! )

Postby imp. » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:11 am

❝ 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐩𝐚𝐰
      feeling;; irritatedxtags;; fadedpaw, duckpaw, and autumnfeather

xxxxxShiningpaw sat down in the snow, comforted by the coldness. It balanced out the heat from her fur, and felt quite good. She sat with her MountainClan clanmates, watching her sister like the rest of them. It was okay to share the spotlight sometimes. Fadedpaw was skilled. Though, she grew bored quickly, and wanted to return to the waking world. To the cave they had been trapped in. It had been a good plan, indeed, but they weren't meant to trap themselves down here. "Dream with your eyes open," She hissed, and without even a second to pass later, the world started to fade to darkness. When Shiningpaw awoke, she could hear faint whispers coming from behind. It was just the voices though; the voices that haunted and nagged her constantly. She was a fidgety apprentice because of this, but Swiftstar had just declared it a genetic issue. Her parents were perfectly fine, though.

xxxxxShiningpaw led the way out of the den, stopping to meow a quick good morning to Blossomstep and giving Otterwhisker a mischievous smirk, just to worry him. Her padding was smooth and full of pride, almost as if she were a prophecy cat. Her mouth started to water when she spotted the prey pile, and she had already pinpointed the juciest piece. That was, until Autumnfeather interrupted the siblings. And then Duckpaw. Autumnfeather had been trying for so long to get into the apprentices' "clique" but there were no positive results. She was nice enough, but loyal to MountainClan, and not them. The only possible cat who would join them as of now would be Shadowgaze. "Good morning," Shiningpaw dipped her head to the queen respectfully.

❝ 𝐟𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐝𝐩𝐚𝐰
      feeling;; zoned outxtags;; shiningpaw, duckpaw and autumnfeather

xxxxxFadedpaw crouched down as she watched the plump dove, stalking it in the soft, powdery white snow. MountainClan watched on as she kicked off with an enormous leap, and as she managed to land perfectly on the prey. She tossed it up into the grey sky, only then to retrieve it with another jump. Fadedpaw crashed down on it, quickly killing it. She listened to the cheers of her clanmates, and as Shiningpaw approached her with a face that lacked of warmth or anything caring. "Dream with your eyes open," She hissed, and without even a second to pass later, the world started to fade to darkness. You're such a foxheart. Fadedpaw growled tiredly as she awoke from her dream, the words not even escaping from her muzzle, but Shiningpaw could tell what she meant by the expression, and the luck of having another shared dream.

xxxxxFollowing her sister out of the den, Fadedpaw watched as Autumnfeather approached them, like she normally would. She felt a little bit dizzy at the sudden awakening, but she shook it off as she flicked her tail in greeting of the queen. Swiftstar had not yet made an appearance, along with the deputy or medicine cat, but the apprentice, Avocetpaw, was enough to remind her that she wasn't here to make friends. I'm losing my mind. Fadedpaw told herself as she watched the tom before looking back at the cat in front of her. A small bit of her wanted to be able to make friends and find a place were she belonged, but she pushed it away, telling herself that she had a place with Shiningpaw, and their dead parents.
imp.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me