letting go aint easy|Literate Realistic Dog RP |NotAccepting

For roleplaying regular/real-world species with real-world limitations, e.g. cats, dogs, wolves, lions, bears.

letting go aint easy|Literate Realistic Dog RP |NotAccepting

Postby Tatterdemalion » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:31 am

No longer accepting!
I am thrilled that so many people are interested, but at the moment I am not going to accept new members!
If you have posted a half finished form, yes do finish! Or if you had planned on adding another character, that's also fine. thank you!
{Plot} {Rules} {Characters} {Stats}
    The time and place does not matter, at least not much. It's the thoughts, the argument, the morals that have caused this and those will always be timeless. When someone breaks from the norm, potentially endangering much more than themselves, does anyone really have the right to stop them... no matter what the means?
    The question has posed itself to an almost unlikely group - the dogs of Lakemere. In the shadows of a well established agricultural community, the inhabitants' canine companions have made a hidden society for themselves. While they still work and live along side their masters, they have melded into a tight knit community - a pack. Perhaps more gentle than their wild cousins, but they still share the same loyalty and trust that any pack might have. Or at least they thought they had...
    In any society, animal or human, there are always things that seem taboo. Unspoken but forbidden to all it's members. It's quite obvious in this situation; The majority of the dogs are there to work, herding, guarding, and other such things, most certainly pertaining to the livestock their human counterparts make a living with. To interfere with this, or even worse to harm it, would certainly be an unspeakable crime. Why would anyone every want to throw into ruins everything the Lakemere pack has become?
    But some, whether by accident or quite on purpose, have done it. Maybe it was a sheep, maybe a duo took down one of the more sickly cows in a herd, but regardless they have gotten a taste for blood. It's far too late for second thoughts now. They've been deemed a killer, if they were caught, the town's people ready to act with swift justice. Unfortunately - or maybe fortunately? - those 'killers' escaped. They fled into the surrounding hills and forests, leaving turmoil in their wake.
    The humans are beginning to doubt even their most faithful of companions, the doubt slowly worming it's way into everyone's hearts. The dogs themselves have become divided, all terrified by what has happened and what might still happen. Some want to deal with these traitors themselves, bring them down before anymore damage can be done to their once happy lives. Yet others believe it isn't fair to judge for themselves, that killer out in the woods might just be their brother or sister, or a lover perhaps, and they would never wish such a fate on them. Some might just be undecided, too confused by everything to dare make a choice.

What will become of the traitors? How far will all of this go? Will their old ways of trust and friendship ever come back?

Some Important Stuff; Seeing as the Lakemere dogs do organize themselves, they obviously have leaders. 'The Council' is a group of elected dogs, usually older and/or have something useful to offer to the community as a whole. Up until now their system of 'government' has worked out relatively well, no one has seen much reason to oppose and certainly would not have thought about it until now.
Aside from this, there are no ranks. Everyone is just expected to contribute in any way that they can. Their primary objective has always been to serve their masters the best they can as well as protect them. Their meetings as a group are usually held late at night and sporadically. Whenever something is going on, the word will be passed around town that a meeting is being held.
The humans are oblivious to all this, of course. There is no way they would ever or could ever know how much their canine companions really care for their masters or the town they live in.
Last edited by Tatterdemalion on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
-
Shadows all around you as you surface from the dark
Emerging from the gentle grip of night's unfolding arms
Darkness, darkness everywhere, do you feel all alone?
The subtle grace of gravity, the heavy weight of stone

-----------------
you are the moon
-----------------
You don't see what you possess, a beauty calm and clear
It floods the sky and blurs the darkness like a chandelier
All the light that you possess is skewed by lakes and seas
The shattered surface, so imperfect, is all that you believe
Tatterdemalion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: letting go aint easy | Literate (NOT OPEN YET!)

Postby Tatterdemalion » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:19 am

01. This role play is literate. Not ubber literate, so don't sweat it, but I am definitely hoping for people who will enjoy posting a lot (when they can), add to the plot and build a story with their posts. I understand about typos and we aren't all English Majors, but reading over your post before you actually hit submit is always a good idea :3

02. Tess's rules obviously apply as they always do, along with the common sense I hope you were born with.

03. This role play is technically about a minor scale war, so you're probably going to want to at least consider killing of your character eventually. You don't have to, just a suggestion.

04. Alternately, yes! You can ship your characters to heck with each other, but please oh please be smart about it! No two post romances. Kay? Thanks. The usual romance rules also apply (dont get my thread locked!) and I'm going to harp on the fact that if you're gonna end up playing a character pregnant that I'm trusting you people not to just play it for the dramaz! And keep it realistic and such. actually the idea is interesting... raising a family in the middle of all this craziness.

05. As a reminder, we're playing dogs. Normal everyday dogs. No powers, no sparkles, no neon colours. Collars and other such accessories - Of course! I'd also prefer to see a bit of breed diversity. I know the obvious choice is a herding breed, but there are quite a few besides the type you would traditionally think of. Also, mutts! There's no way everyone owns a pure bred whatever, there's bound to be a lot of 'we don't know what he is' out there.

06. So long as you end up posting close to once a week, I think we're good. I know school is back and everybody just lost a whollleee bunch of RP time, but I really dont like fast moving RPs anyway. Just try and remember to post and when you do post please try and move the plot along!
Last edited by Tatterdemalion on Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
-

-----------------
you are the moon
-----------------
Tatterdemalion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tatterdemalion » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:48 am

We're starting with 3-5 traitors. Later on I will definitely open it up to more.
You are welcome to have as many characters as you feel you can handle, but I'm putting a cap at five. (which to me seems very high.)
Code: Select all
[b][size=150]General;[/size][/b]
[list][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Alias:[/b] -if any-
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Base Breed:[/b] -Even if they're mutts, they'll fall into at least two types of breed that they look/act like-
[/list]
[b][size=150]Physical;[/size][/b]
[list][b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Build:[/b]
[b]Coat:[/b]
[b]Face/Eyes: [/b]
[b]Scars:[/b]
[b]Speed:[/b] -scale of one to ten-
[b]Stamina:[/b] -scale of one to ten-
[b]Fighting:[/b] -Will they play fair? Are they any good? Anything in particular they will always do? ect.-
[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[/list]

[b][size=150]Emotional;[/size][/b]
[list][b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b] -optional, but recommended-
[b]Family:[/b] -if any-
[b]Relationships:[/b] -not just romantic, friends too!-[/list]
[b]Thoughts on the current situation:[/b] -Do they have a side? Why did they choose that? What are they planning to do with this opinion? ect. -
[b]Played by:[/b]

Who's Who
name/gender/breed/age/played.by
Antebellum / Female / Chow Chow / 11mo / .rowdy.
Baylee / Female / Belgian Shepherd / 2 / HarryPotter<3
Dusty / Female / Silver Lab / 6mo / lexi chance (daya)
Gabriel / Male / 'Boxadore' / 4 / maluruloki
Gervasious / Male / St. Bernard / 9-10 / Tea.For.Two
Ghost / Male / White Shepherd / 4 / Azure23
King / Male /American Indian Dog / 4 / Paint Overo
Knyte / Male / Australian Shepherd / 7-8 / HuskyWolf
Kyron / Male / Shetland Sheepdog / 5 / arabmorgan
Missie / Female / Border Collie / 4 / Tea.For.Two
Shadow / Male / Belgium German Shepherd / 4 / Ѧsɧωyɳ ♀
Shear / Female / Husky / 2 / lexi chance (daya)
Skye / Female / Catahoula Leopard Dog / 3 / Ѧsɧωyɳ ♀
Tomac / Male / Belgian Tervuren / 3 /HarryPotter<3
Vladimir / Male / Saluki / 5 / Tea.For.Two
Zephyr / Female / Doberman Pincher / 3 / maluruloki
Last edited by Tatterdemalion on Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:42 am, edited 7 times in total.
-

-----------------
you are the moon
-----------------
Tatterdemalion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tatterdemalion » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:54 am

{Plots} {Rules} {Characters} {Stats}

Traitors;
Antebellum / Female / Chow Chow /XxX
Skye / Female / Catahoula Leopard Dog / XxX
Vladimir / Male / Saluki / XxX
Council;
Shadow / Male / Belgium German Shepherd / XxX
Knyte / Male / Australian Shepherd / XxX
Gervasious / Male / St. Bernard / XxX
X
X
X
X
X

Important stuff!
    9/20 - Open to character forms and ready to start! Added a few things to the Plot, Rules, and an extra question to the Character Form. Sooo if anyone's been lurking you better go look at it!

Season;
Late Spring / Early Summer
Weather;
Warm, but the sky is generally over cast with clouds threatening rain.
Other;
N/A
Last edited by Tatterdemalion on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
-

-----------------
you are the moon
-----------------
Tatterdemalion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: letting go aint easy | Literate Realistic Dog RP | Open

Postby Tatterdemalion » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:01 am

'k. We're open now!
General;
    Name: Missie
    Alias: N/A
    Base Breed: Border Collie / Lab
Physical;
    Height: 19 inches
    Weight: 40 pounds
    Build:A blend of the lab's stockiness evened out by the agile build of a border collie. While she probably should be a bit more athletically inclined, Missie has turned into a case of being spoiled rotten. She probably could stand to lose a couple pounds, but she doesn't fall into the category of fat quite yet either. In fact, if she did try she might be quite good at running – her long nimble legs have the potential to go pretty darn fast if she bothered to let them.
    Coat: Shorter than an average collie's, but still retains the same black and white patterning. To be specific; The majority of her body is black, only her fore legs looking like they have been dipped in white paint, along with just the tip of her muzzel and the tip of her tail. Her underside does have some white, but the sporadic line that runs down from her chest is hardly noticeable unless she's rolled over.
    Face/Eyes: An average golden brown, expressive like most border collies.
    Scars: None that are particularly noticeable or have some great significants. She's never gotten in many fights or done anything too dangerous yet.
    Speed: 8
    Stamina: 5
    Fighting: She's definitely not a fighter. While she might talk big and even enjoys getting people all wiled up, Missie would never throw herself into any sort of physical confrontation. Not that she'll run away like a coward if the need arose, but she's not going to unless she absolutely has to.
    Her fighting style is exactly like the rest of her; lazy. She'll dodge and duck while her opponent wears him or her self out, and then – if she doesn't get beaten by then – then she'll actually start in with the participating.
    Strengths:
    Puzzles; Not the jigsaw game type thing, but those little challenges that make her think. So long as there's a reward at the end of it, she'll gladly spend a good while thinking on how best to figure it out and she does seem to be good at it.
    Finding The Easy Way out; There really isn't much else to call it but laziness. Sometimes it serves her, other times it makes her look silly, but Missie is a master at coming up with ways of doing things that require the least amount of work or trouble.
    Hearing; She's learned to rely more on that than anything else. How else does one find things out when they dont want to move?

Weaknesses:
    Laziness; Obviously.
    Being Chubby; While it doesn't bother her on a day to day basis, when she really has to do something, it does sometimes get in the way.
    Eyesight; Not that she's blind or nearsighted, but she's always relied more on her other sense and so her eyes aren't the strongest. She'll sometimes mistake things in the distance, much to her embarrassment.

Emotional;
    Personality: Passive aggressive and definitely more out for her own than anything else. Maybe it's because of how she's been raised, being the only 'child' of two people who have nothing better to do than spoil her rotten, but Missie is a brat plain and simple. Sometimes she doesn't even realize she's doing it, but there are a good number of times she's just relishing in the idea that she's annoyed someone. It might just be a front to cover up her insecurities, but why on earth would she let on to that?
    Even she knows the way she acts make her unlikeable and truth be told it does bother her sometimes, but it hasn't stopped her yet. While she enjoys company genuinely, she just doesn't get past the 'my way or the highway' complex she has developed. Her friends do mean a lot to her, she would miss any of them if they suddenly disappeared, but it doesn't mean she'll act like it.
    In general she's selfish, manipulative, and very opinionated.
    History: -WIP!-
    Family: Father lives in the general area, siblings have been dispersed in every which direction. Her human family consists of a young married couple, giving Missie the spot of 'only child' which she is quite content with.
    Relationships: WIP!
Thoughts on the current situation: While it does worry her in some normal healthy sort of way, Missie often comes across as not caring when the issue is brought up. It would be safe to call her neutral on the matter, but she knows she will eventually pick a side, and it might not be the obvious ones. A part of her has grown to romanticize the idea of running away and living out in the wilds – not that she would ever have the guts to do so. But if things get as messed up as they look like they will, maybe it might not be such a bad idea to just leave everything.
Played by: Tea.For.Two

General;
    Name: Gervasious
    Alias: 'Sir'
    Base Breed: German Shepherd / Collie / St. Bernard
Physical;
    Height: 27 inches
    Weight: 150 lbs.
    Build: Large and stocky. Gervasious is definitely not getting anywhere fast with his great mass to weigh him down. For a dog of his type and build he is healthy, but he definitely wasnt made for anything super athletic.
    Coat: The long hair of a collie or St. Bernard but with the usual dark brown + black saddle of a german shepherd. It tends to get dirty easily or mats, giving him a haggered appearance.
    Face/Eyes: Honey brown colour. They look rather sad and droop like a st. bernard's.
    Scars: While most are covered by his fluff, the noticeable one is across his muzzle, staying mostly to the right side. As well as the nick in his left ear.
    Speed: 3.5 He's getting no where fast
    Stamina: 5
    Fighting: He's not much of a fighter and will avoid it when possible. Of course he could just sit on someone if he needed to. He's much more for talking and that sort of argument.
    Strengths: Experience, size generally could be used as a strength or weakness, thick fur for deflecting bites/scratches
    Weaknesses: Arthritis, heavy mass, all the aches and complaints of old age

Emotional;
    Personality: The typical elderly dog. You don't count to Gervasious until you've put in your time and being that he's done his share, he feels entitled to at least a little respect. This doesn't go very far in the way of making friends, but Gervasious doesn't feel he needs very many of those. He's become a bit of a recluse, keeping to himself as much as he can. For Gervasious, he has come as far as he needs in life and is just waiting out the rest of his days. He's plagued by instances of his past and is content to wallow in them until he dies. He leads on like he cares nothing for himself anymore, but of course that is a lie. He just doesnt know what to do with himself, feeling so guilt ridden by things but there's still some fight left in him still.
    History: Belongs to one of the older families in the community, found by them as a puppy and raised as a companion and guard for his master's wife. After she died, Gervasious and his master have both taken to being the town grumps.
    Family: His master
    Relationships: As stated in personality, he doesnt do friends. He does hint at maybe having a significant other at one point, but it's a dark memory for him.
Thoughts on the current situation: 'Gosh darn kids f-ing everything up!' He's on the council, definitely not happy at all about any of this.
Played by: Tea.For.Two

General;
    Name: Vladimir
    Alias: Vlad
    Base Breed: Saluki / Husky
Physical;
    Height: 25 Inches
    Weight: 40 LBS
    Build: He's built for running. His long spindly legs aren't good for much else, maybe even a liability in a fight. He has a wiry frame, making him look like the wind might be able to just pick him up and carry him away.
    Coat: Except for the feathering on his legs, tail, and ears, Vlad's coat is very short. His markings are the typical black and tan configuration, the tan points fadding to white as they go down.
    Face/Eyes: He's wall-eyed; left eye is blue, the right is brown. He's got the typical husky look to his face, with that nonchalant trouble maker look. His chin has a tuft of white hair that makes him look like he has a goatee
    Scars: A few scratches on his legs, one larger one on his left flank
    Speed: 10
    Stamina: 7
    Fighting: While he's not going to be very good at it, Vlad likes fighting. He wont play fair, he's too self centered for that. He enjoys taunting his opponent as they fight, sometimes at his own expense.
    Strengths: Athletic build, high pain tolerance, speed, manipulating others – especially females
    Weaknesses: Easily slips due to feathering – especially when running, weaker than average heart, long ears easily grabbed/bit. Females.

Emotional;
    Personality: To put it bluntly, Vladimir is a cad. One of the very first things anyone will notice about the dog is he is most certainly very aware of the opposite gender. He enjoys flattering and flirting, especially when he can convince one of them to do so back to him. He'll do absolutely anything to impress, seeming to have no shame in the matter.
    Vladimir has a very high opinion of himself, certain that there is no one that could be better than him. Whether this is true or not, he still believes it. This causes plenty of tension between himself and other dogs, especially the ones trying to befriend him. After all he cant be nasty all the time, Vlad does tend to pick up a few associates. Nothing serious though, Vladimir always keeps any relationship at a careful distance. Whether it is because his pride gets in the way or he really doesn't want anything serious, Vlad himself is not sure of.
    If perchance Vladimir does find himself bested or his pride shattered in any other way it seems his personality screeches to a halt and high tails it in reverse. He'll sulk and brood for maybe days depending on the occasion, throwing a pity party for himself and making sure everyone else is well aware of his miseries. Once he's pieced himself back together though one would never guess.
    History: N/A (IcantthinkofoneD8!)
    Family: He had a family in town, but nothing else
    Relationships: See personality
Thoughts on the current situation: He did it and he's darn proud too!
Played by:Tea.For.Two
Last edited by Tatterdemalion on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
-

-----------------
you are the moon
-----------------
Tatterdemalion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azure23 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:14 am

General;
    Name:
    Ghost
    Alias: -if any-
    N/A
    Base Breed:
    White Shepherd

Physical;
    Height:
    24 Inches.
    Weight:
    Around 70 lbs.
    Build:
    Ghost has the muscular, lean build of most shepherd dogs. He has long, powerful, legs that allow him to run pretty fast and be quite graceful.
    Coat:
    Ghost has long, thick white fur. He has no markings or other colors to his solid white form except for his black nose.
    Face/Eyes:
    A beautiful sky blue color.
    Scars:
    None, not yet anyways.
    Speed:
    Stamina:
    Fighting:
    Ghost is an exception fighter due to his training as a flock protector. He watches his opponant, looking for any weakness then exploits it. He will normally spring unexpectedly, when the other dog least expects it, and tries to take them down quickly. He hates long drawn out fights, but he won't back down unless his life is in danger.
    Strengths:
    Ghost is exceptionally good at hearing. His large, round ears can pick up a variety of things. Somethings that may not want to be heard either...
    Weaknesses:
    He isn't exactly good at hiding. All that white fur makes him stand out, especially at night. Moonlight can make him glow and seem somewhat ethreal.
    His social skills are a weakness to given that he doesn't really like being with too many other dogs at once.

Emotional;
    Personality:
    Ghost is stoic and serious dog. He takes his job as 'protector of the flock' very seriously and protects any and all animals that his 'master' tells him too. He comes off as a bit cold and distant due to the lack of emotions he gives off, but in all honestly, he is a loyal and caring dog. He will fight fiercly and protectively to save his love ones, friends, and even beliefs. Truth be told, he can be a big teddy bear if you grow to know him. If he lets you know him. He isn't really aggressive, unless threatened, and even then he will try to calm things down by talking before diving headfirst into a fight.
    History:
    -WIP-
    Family:
    No siblings and his mother is at another place. She is getting up in her years and he rarely sees her. His human family is an older, hardworking couple.
    Relationships:
    None at the moment.
Thoughts on the current situation:
Ghost is appalled by what those 'traitors' have done. How could they do that? Just the thought of eating the livestock he has been sworn to protect makes him ill. This whole ordeal has made him more protective of both his livestock and his human companions.
Played by:
Azure23

===================================================================

General;
    Name:
    Reaver
    Alias:
    XxXxXx
    Base Breed:
    Siberian Husky
Physical;
    Height:
    Weight:
    21 Inches
    Build:
    Reaver has a slightly, stocky muscular build.
    Coat:
    He has a weather risistent double coat with a thicker, warmer undercoat and a soft outer coat.
    Face/Eyes:
    Reaver has dark, amber brown eyes.
    Scars:
    None at the moment.
    Speed:
    Stamina:
    Fighting:
    Reaver is very cunning fighter. He lulls his opponents into a false sense of security before attacking. He is vicious, and cruel and actually torments his victims slowly before finishing them off.
    Strengths:
    Reaver is very stealthy and can sneak just about everywhere. He is also very intelligent and likes to think everything out before he attacks.
    Weaknesses:
    Hmm...he isn't good at seeing in the dark and as a result, he doesn't like being left alone after the sun goes down.

Emotional;
    Personality:
    Reaver can be a bit vain and stubborn. He thinks highly of himself and flirts without shame with everyone. He is arrogant, cruel, but does not act mean outright. He likes to lure his victims into a false sense of security before he attacks. Reaver is highly intelligent and is very cunning and is a bit of a suck up. He will do anything to save his skin, which includes selling out anyone too.
    History:
    -WIP-
    Family:
    None that he knows of. He was a guard dog at one point.
    Relationships:
    -WIP-
Thoughts on the current situation:
Reaver has been eating on weaker flock members for a while now and jumped at a chance to join the 'traitors.'
Played by:
Azure23
[This Reaver is based off of the character from Fable 2/3. :3 I love Reaver.]
Last edited by Azure23 on Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eldemore.com! wrote:Image
Azure23

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby broccae » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:24 am

Serious WIP

General;
    Name: Charlemagne
    Alias: Will occasionally go by Charlie, but he detests it.
    Base Breed: Kooikerhondje, pureblood as far as his people know
Physical;
    Height: 18 inches
    Weight: 32 lbs
    Build: Strong and firm, but not entirely bukly
    Coat: Long and silky, Charlie's multicolor coat needs washing regularly to keep it clean. It is white with large spots of dull orange on his back, rump, and over both ears and eyes. He has a black curl on the end of each year and a few black flecks on his nose and paws.
    Face/Eyes: Charlie's eyes are large and black, and very expressive. He has a long, cylandrical snout on his otherwise boxy head.
    Scars: None, as of yet.
    Speed: 5
    Fighting: Charlemagne has teeth, and boy does he like to use them. Simply because he has been trained to have a soft mouth does not mean that he is one to show mercy on his foe. He likes to go for the feet.
    Strengths: Fighting, leadership, intimidation, making split-second decisions
    Weaknesses: Lack of both sympathy and logic, as well as reasoning and getting along with others.

Emotional;
    Personality: Charlemagne is, for lack of more suitable words, a brute. He gets along poorly with those who have thin skins and anyone who defies him. He loves the feeling of power and is constantly searching to dominate others. He has a bit of a Napoleon complex; he is rather small compared to most large breeds, and feels the need to compensate for that with brutality. While bloodthirsty and rude, he is a good leader. Those who flock to him and obey him can often find themselves under his wing, protected loyally. His decision making skills can be rather poor and fickle when he gets angry, as he often does. He can speak cruelly when he wants to, and he often does. Charlemagne's temper is fiery and short.
    History: -optional, but recommended-
    Family: Antoinette is his sister
    Relationships:
Played by: MinaQueenOfScots
Thoughts on the situation: Charlemagne has acquired the taste for blood and does not intend on going back to dry dog food twice a day or being ordered around by his people any time soon. He likes the free life, he needs the free life, and will do whatever it takes to continue the lifestyle he is living, even if that means slaughtering more than livestock.

General;
    Name: Antoinette
    Alias: Occasionally goes by Annie
    Base Breed: Kooikerhondje, pureblood as far as her people know

Physical;
    Height: 14 inches
    Weight: 20 lbs
    Build: Rather slender, but Antoinette is not without muscle from hard work.
    Coat: Taking great pride in her silky pelt, Antoinette will always take time out of her day to make sure she is properly groomed. The base of her coat is white, and she has a large, copper-brown spots on her back, thighs, and chest. Atop those orange spots are flecks of black, which looks a bit like black paint was flung atop her. There are also two large, black spots over her eyes that continue onto her ears. The curls on her ears are orange, as well as the flecks atop the black of her ears. Her chest is rather furry, almost like a mane, and her fur is rather long and swishy.
    Face/Eyes: Antoinette's head is pin- shaped and not at all broad. Her muzzle is long and elegant and her eyes are a deep and expressive black. They seem to light up when she is joyful.
    Scars: None, as of yet
    Fighting: Annie will very, very rarely fight. She would more likely grovel in submission.
    Strengths: Sympathy and empathy, as well as speed and the ability to appear meek.
    Weaknesses: Lack of brawn overall, fear of many, many things, and jumpiness, are her worst weaknesses, though lack of intelligence is very evident.

Emotional;
    Personality: Antoinette is a rather soft, vulnerable being. She hates to fight, hates seeing fighting, and even hates to think about it. She would die if left to fend for herself, seeing as she has been taken care of for her entire life. Antoinette would follow any orders given for a small amount of praise, or really, even protection or food would do. She is not terribly bright and does not pay attention to her surroundings, but is very friendly and thoughtful. Easily confused, she tried not to do to many things at once.
    History: -optional, but recommended-
    Family: Charlemagne is her brother
    Relationships: Annie is friends with anyone who likes her enough to work around Charlemagne's possesive nature.
Played by: MinaQueenOfScots
[b]Thoughts on the situation:
Annie really doesn't understand it, but hates that the people that were once friends despise each other. She herself doesn't like killing animals, and doesn't, but follows her brother's every command.

[/b]
Last edited by broccae on Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage
its cae and you need 2 stop

the smallest picture of broccoli you can imagine
broccae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Temperance. » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:26 am

[Finished!!!]

General;
    Name: Shadow
    Alias: "Blue", he isn't fond of being called this though.
    Base Breed: Black German Shepard/Border Collie
Physical;
    Height: 26 inches
    Weight: About 78-80 Pounds

Build: Shadow has the outward appearance of the German Shepard as far as facial shape goes. His body, however, leans more towards his collie genes, being built for herding and swift running. He's really quite large, even for a German Shepard which his human master believes could be an attribute of a different canine species in him in addition to the collie and shepard.

Coat: His coat is easy enough to describe, an inky jet black, that, when the sun is shining on it, appears to be tinged with blue. Glossy and slightly longer then typical of a German Shepard, this is due to his collie heritage.

Face/Eyes: His eyes are golden in colour and very vibrant. Facial shape is exactly like a German Shepard's, unmistakable really.

Scars: Shadow has one long scar that goes along his right side, from his neck all the way along to his hind leg, he had a run-in with a particularly nasty bull once.

Fighting:
    Shadow is a strong believer in an ethic code of battle between dogs when, or if, it becomes necessary to fight. He doesn't approve of fighting really but he WILL fight, to the death if necessary, to protect the pack, his flocks, his master, or any other creature he cares for.

As far as his fighting technique goes Shadow uses his speed and strength to dominate his opponents. Being very large and swift is a major advantage to him, especially in large open spaces, since it gives him the room to maneuver while also allowing for his strategies to become more effective. He knows his strengths and his weaknesses well and uses that knowledge to his advantage, though were he to be backed into a small space it is unlikely he would come out of that fight unscathed and victorious.

I feel it is important to mention his ethic code of battle and the few rules contained within it:
    First and foremost- Never attack your opponents back, EVER, it is cowardly and no dog should stoop that low.
    Secondly- Allow for a peaceful resolution first, don't just dive into a fight.
    Third- Don't attack until your opponent is prepared.
    Fourth- When it is obvious that this fight lies heavily in one dog or another's advantage, call off the fight.
    Fifth, and Final rule- When you win, win with grace, when you lose, don't be a sore loser.

Strengths:
    - Speed, he's swift on his feet, a necessary trait for herding, guarding, and thriving.
    - Size, this works greatly in his favour when it comes to intimidation or fighting.
    - Brute strength; he's large, and well-built, this ones pretty self-explanatory.
    - Intelligence, Shadow can think up a strategy like he was born a tactician.
    - Leadership, he's fair and will give most every dog a fair chance to explain themselves "Listen first, question later" is his motto.

Weaknesses:
    - Fighting in tight spaces, he's basically screwed if this happens since he's too large to maneuver in small spaces.
    - Females, yes, he's a typical male, what did you expect? Its not like he's an old codger who has no interests in females anymore!
    - Taking orders from other dogs, this just doesn't sit well with him. He'll do it if he must but its a tough pill to swallow for him.
    - Swimming/Water, yes, not the typical weakness but he has an intense fear of water.
    - Cats, he hates them, would just as soon eat one as start a pleasant conversation. He can't fathom why Two-legs like them so much.

Emotional;
    Personality:
    To say that Shadow is arrogant would be towing the line. In all honesty he's just knows who he is and is sticking with it no matter what. Its not a complicated concept but some get offended by his outspoken, and plainspoken, personality. He says what he means and doesn't bother to prettify or soften the meaning of what he's saying. Shadow strongly believes that other dogs need to hear it plain and simple rather then have the words softened and coddle them like pitiful little pups. That being said he sugarcoats his words with practiced ease around females.

Shadow is quite young honestly, he's seen enough of the world to have his own strong opinions but he isn't necessarily going to be right all the time and he knows it. Its the thankful part of his personality that he's aware of the fact that he isn't always right....the only problem is that he doesn't particularly care. The way he sees it, if he's wrong he'll have learned a valuable lesson, but if he's RIGHT it earns him even more respect and, as with most males, he's always keen to inflate his ego a little bit.

When it comes to his master, his master's children, and the flocks of sheep he tends he is a completely different dog altogether. Kind, gentle, compassionate, and hardworking, his master Rory has never once regretted choosing Shadow to be his herding dog. This is the one place where the gentler side of Shadow comes through, a side he is loathe to show anyone else for fear of being perceived as "weak". If anyone were to ever do the Master or anything that belongs to him any harm, Shadow would be at their throat in an instant. He's highly protective of his "family" and lavishes praise and attention on them.

History:
    Shadow was adopted as a puppy by Rory Fletcher to be trained as a herding dog for his little sheep farm. It quickly became apparent that Shadow was a quick and intelligent dog and before long he was out on the farm herding "his" flock. The first two years of his life consisted of constant training by Rory until Shadow was an effective and exceptional herding dog. Not much of major interest really happened to Shadow, he grew up fairly normally, coming to view the Lakemere Dogs as his pack, and calls his Master's family, HIS family as well.

Oddly enough Shadow has no siblings living in the area nor a father or mother since he was adopted from a vacationing New Yorker who couldn't handle a puppy after all. That Rory was able to turn the pampered pup into a fantastic herding dog is likely the biggest thing that happened to Shadow.

Family: He considers his humans as his "family", though it could be argued that he views the other Lakemere dogs as his family as well. As far as biological family goes, there is none.

Relationships: None yet, though if anyone would like to establish a pre-existing friendship with Shadow, between him and your dog(s) I'd be totally fine with that.

Thoughts on the current situation: -Oh this is an easy one. Any dog that would harm his masters flock should be hunted down and brought to justice. Admittedly Shadow is a little torn since they ARE part of the Lakemere Dog pack...but he doesn't strongly feel that they belong in the pack, didn't they, in effect, abandon their friends in favor of slaughtering the animals they swore to protect? Endangering the Pack's life as well. No, they should be banished forever on pain of death, that seems to be the best solution, in Shadow's opinion. Then there are no torn, angst-ridden feelings and the issue is more or less resolved.

Played by: Ashwyn. I use this colour for all my OOC text. Could Shadow be part of the council? Just wondering, I think it would suit his personality but its totally up to you <33

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~

[Finished as well :3]

General;
    Name: Skye
    Alias: None. If Skye is too much of a mouthful....then there's somethin' wrong with you.
    Base Breed: Catahoula Leopard Dog
Physical;
    Height: 21 Inches
    Weight: 57 Pounds
    Build:
    Skye is a Catahoula Leopard Dog through and through. There's a lot of speculation as to her parentage, she was bought off of a Gypsy Caravan that was passing through so her origins are a mystery, but regardless of that she appears to be every bit the breed the Gypsies claimed she was. I suppose she could be considered slightly stocky but in all honesty she's below the average weight of her breed and calling her "stocky" to her face would likely earn you a sharp nip and nothing more.

Coat: She has a gray coat-base with varying sized black spots.
    Face/Eyes: Her face is coloured much the same as her body, the only deviance from the picture is her eyes which are actually an azure shade of blue.

Scars: She has plenty of little wounds on her bodies from getting into multiple fights but the only really obvious wound is a long scar down her foreleg.

Speed: 4.5
    Stamina: 9
    Fighting: As far as Sky is concerned you can fight her all day long. If ever there was a hobby for her it would be brawling. There's nothing she likes better then a rule-free fight in which anything goes. In this regard she has quite the devious mind, not willing to conform to any sort of rules or code of conduct she's a total wild card when it comes to fights. This unpredictability tends to work in her favour and she makes full use of it to exploit and obliterate her opponents. "Stubborn as an ornery cow, with a bite like a Bulldog." Thats the general consensus when asked to sum up Sky's "fighting style".

The interesting thing about Skye is that you would think she lacked the strength and size to be even partially successful at fighting, when in reality she is an exceptional fighter, though she calls herself a "warrior". What she lacks in size, strength, and speed, Sky makes up for with bull-like stubbornness, a levelheaded strategy, her exceptional stamina, and her tenacity. Many a fight has been won through her ability to make split-second decisions in the heat of battle and do something so outlandish that it simply succeeds.

Strengths:
    -Stamina, she's got it in spades and knows it. NEVER underestimate the amount of time she can hold-out for.
    - Fighting, she's plain and simply amazing at it, its her greatest talent and she's immensely proud of it.
    - Herding, she's great at it, but hates it.
    - Speech, she could convince you that sheep grow wings at night and fly about if she wanted to.
    - Hiding her emotions, she can be angry as a nest of hornets and you wouldn't know it. Its a dangerous trait.
    - Flirting, she likes males okay? She's not likely serious about anyone in particular but she enjoys toying with emotions.

Weaknesses:
    - Humans, whether this is attributed to her gypsy heritage is unknown but she has an intense fear/hatred of people.
    - Larger, stronger dogs. They irk her and make her nervous, she doesn't think its fair for any one dog to be born with such an advantage.
    - Heights, they scare her terribly, she just can't handle high places.
    - Buildings/Houses, they give her the willies, why would anyone wish to be stuck in an enclosed space?
    - Swift runners, she's fairly slow, speed-wise, and in a fight against a much quicker dog her chances are significantly lower.

Emotional;
    Personality:
    Trying to sum up Skye is not an easy task. She's a charmer and the ability to win over the masses is a favourite pass-time of hers. If you were to ask her who her real friends were its doubtful she could tell you. Dogs think they know her but in all honesty they don't, to be fair she doesn't really WANT anyone to know who she truly is so other dogs can't be blamed for their lack of proper friendship with her.

In the presence of her fellows she asks coquettish and winsome, kind and sweet with a sparkle of gentle humour on top. In reality she's a lot harsher. Cruelly judgmental and critical of all her fellow "packmates" she's constantly disgusted by their blatherings of unity and blah blah blah. Seriously? They expect her to AGREE with that rubbish!? Every-dog knows that its a dog-eat-dog world out there and only the smartest survive. She considers herself to be one of those strong ones and looks at the Lakemere pack as a bunch of idealist fools who'll face the repercussions of their stupidity quite soon.

That being said she is admittedly a little lonely. Its tough being the only dog who possesses a realistic and down-to-earth intelligence and she finds it to be a weary task. If she could find a male with a heart as devious and clever as her she would likely never leave him...ever. That could be said for female friends as well but she has a lot less patience for other females. Likely if any of her fellow, or rather former pack could have seen her heart and mind they would have wondered at what could have caused such bitterness. Honestly? Skye has no idea what happened to her in her past. She remembers only the last day or so in the Gypsy camp and then her life with her "master" Dave. From the get-go she's hated humans, though Dave is nothing of not a kind and gentle owner, its believed that she repressed her earlier memories in a bid to protect herself from whatever traumatic events she went through.

History:
    As previously mentioned Skye can recall basically nothing about her life before she came into Dave's possession. She was a year old when Dave took her and from that point on she spent her life learning how to herd sheep. She HATES the stupid white animals though and hates being forced to herd them even more. On several occasions she even commented about how she would rather eat one then have to direct it around, though other dogs thought she was simply jesting.

Family: None that she knows of and certainly none in the area.
    Relationships: Sky doesn't really make friends, not deeply anyways. She has yet to meet a dog worthy of her attention.
Thoughts on the current situation: If you haven't already surmised her stance on it all, Sky IS one of the traitors. She was, in fact, the one to plant the idea in several other dogs minds and she was the first to do as she had once threatened and kill a sheep. She'll tell you without preamble that they definitely DO taste superb and that she'd like to try another one without a hint of shame. Frankly she couldn't be happier to be rid of her asinine "companions" she was never very fond of the Pack dogs anyways. As far as Dave goes she feels some minor regret, but not enough to make her feel even slightly guilty. After all, it was one sheep and surely Dave can find a better herding dog who'll conform to the Lakemere pack ways right?
Played by: Ashwyn C:
Last edited by Temperance. on Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:56 am, edited 4 times in total.

══════════════════════════════════════
T E M P E R A N C E
══════════════════════════════════════

Female| INFJ |Christian | Kintaur Mod

ImageImageImage

> Call me Temperance, Tempy, Kat, or whatever you feel like.
> I love animals and decided to pursue a dog training career c:
> I have broad tv interests; everything from anime to sci-fi
> Banished is my new fave series (gifs to left are from the show)
> Literate writer with oodles of characters but very little time.
> Canadian!!! Whoop whoop! Bring on the maple syrup ;P
> Only posting occasionally - sort of on a semi hiatus

Temperance.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tatterdemalion » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:55 pm

[[ They all look awesome so far :3 And I am just now realizing I forgot to add anything about anyone wanting to be a traitor or in the council or anything. Just to clear up confusion, mention it either at the end of beginning of your in! ]]
-

-----------------
you are the moon
-----------------
Tatterdemalion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby small town. » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:53 am

marking
There's an old voice in my head that's holding me backWell tell her that I miss our little talksSoon it will be over and buried with our pastWe used to play outside when we were youngAnd full of life and full of love...
made by music. ~~~~~~~~~~ exotic minds.

small town.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me