Shining Sun and Moonless Night Herds

For roleplaying regular/real-world species with real-world limitations, e.g. cats, dogs, wolves, lions, bears.

Re: Shining Sun and Moonless Night Herds

Postby Queen of flames » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:57 am

Name: Bluebell
Sexuality: straight
Breed: Nokota horse, unknown mix
Personality:
History: She was born in the wild but in a controlled environment. She is used to humans, but not being tamed by them, as she was being born from Nokota horse breeders, who wanted to make sure the breed survives and that it continues to be. When the offspring got fully grown enough the humans let some of them live in the wild in a safe place.
Description: Small, blue roan, bluish-gray, and dirty silver coat, with black gray front legs, head, black mane, and tail. She has one small white diamond pattern on her forehead and blue eyes.
Stallion: none at the moment
Offspring: none yet
Other: -

Name: Stardust
Sexuality: bisexual
Breed: Kinger mustang
Personality:
History: He was adopted son of a Coral. He was born in the herd, but his mother was killed when he was still a few months old, and he was adopted by his aunt Coral.
Description: Dirty silver and gray, with darker gray shocks, and face. Has a black mane and tail, and blue eyes.
Stallion: none
Offspring: none
Other: It's unknown if the Jetsam is his father or not.

Name: Coral
Personality:
History: She is born from another herd, but joined the Moonless night herd together with her sister Shell. Thought few months ago her sister was killed by a prepador do she adopted her son Stardust.
Description: Dark brownish gray (bronze), with a dark grey face, black legs, mane, and tail. Amber eyes.
Stallion: Jetsam
Offspring: Tiramisu, Stardust (adopted)

Name: Tiramisu
Sexuality: Bisexual
Personality:
History: She is born to Coral, to the Moonless Night herd, she does think of Jetsam as her biological father.
Description: Dark black-brown, with black mane and tail. One white spot on the forehead and blue eyes.
Other: Her father was a loner stallion.

Name: Snowrunner
Sexuality: Questioning, Maybe homosexual, - romantic
Breed: Brumby, unknown mix
Personality:
History: He was born in the wild, but was being contact with humans as a colt and got into the wild horse gelding project. He was being left free after that.
Description: Dirty white, with light grey-brown mane and tail. Has brown eyes.

Name: Albino
Personality:
History: She is the older sister to Snowrunner and from the same herd as them.
Description: White, with cream mane and tail, Has amber eyes.
Last edited by Queen of flames on Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Queen of flames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:18 pm

Queen of flames wrote:Name: Bluebell
Breed: Nokota horse, unknown mix
Personality:
History: She was born in the wild but in a controlled environment. She is used to humans, but not being tamed by them, as she was being born from Nokota horse breeders, who wanted to make sure the breed survives and that it continues to be. When the offspring got fully grown enough the humans let some of them live in the wild in a safe place.
Description: Small, blue roan, bluish-gray, and dirty silver coat, with black gray front legs, head, black mane, and tail. She has one small white diamond pattern on her forehead and gray eyes.

Name: Stardust
Personality:
History: He was adopted son of a Coral. He was born in the herd, but his mother was killed when he was still a few months old, and he was adopted by his aunt Coral.
Description: Dirty silver and gray, with darker gray shocks, and face. Has a black mane and tail, and hazel eyes.
Other: It's unknown if the Jetsam is his father or not.

Name: Coral
Personality:
History: She is born from another herd, but joined the Moonless night herd together with her sister Shell. Thought few months ago her sister was killed by a prepador do she adopted her son Stardust.
Description: Dark brownish gray (bronze), with a dark grey face, black legs, mane, and tail. Amber eyes.
Stallion: Jetsam
Offspring: Tiramisu, Stardust (adopted)

Name: Tiramisu
Sexuality: Bisexual
Personality:
History: She is born to Coral, to the Moonless Night herd, she does think of Jetsam as her biological father.
Description: Dark black-brown, with black mane and tail. One white spot on the forehead and grey eyes.
Other: Her father was a loner stallion.

Name: Snowrunner
Sexuality: Questioining
Personality:
History: She was born in the wild, but was being contact with humans as a colt and got into the wild horse gelding project. He was being left free after that.
Description: Dirty white, with light grey-brown mane and tail. Has brown eyes.

Name: Albino
Personality:
History: She is the older sister to Snowrunner and from the same herd as them.
Description: White, with cream mane and tail, Has amber eyes.

For Snowrunner, you should change Stallion to SO, since he's a gelding and not a mare. If Snowrunner is meant to be female, she wouldn't be a gelding, she'd be a fixed mare if she's been fixed.

Was Coral gotten pregnant with Tiramisu before joining the herd? If she gotten pregnant while in the herd, I don't think Jetsam would have let a loner stallion get to her, but you could discuss that with Drogon if you want.

Anyway, coral and Snowrunner (though please change the gender if she's female) and Albino are accepted.

Oh, and Snowrunner would be asexual either way since they're fixed, but you can give them a romantic orientation.

Edit:
Google claims gray and green can happen but are extremely rare, so I'll accept your foal with hazel eyes. You do have two or three horses with gray eyes and gray eyes are supposed to be rare so...I don't know if you'd want to change that or just keep it. I don't know how much we can trust Google, because it's claiming purple eyes are a thing too...That's not...that's not even a natural eye color in like any animal, or even purple (and it's also saying yellow eyes can occur).

It actually said light green I think, and green is supposedly only in Perlino and Cremello horses but...according to the thing I looked at it, it says even that is very rare.

Feather.Weather wrote:Name: Aviva
Sexuality: Pan
Breed: Mustang
Personality: Aviva isn't just the life of the party, she IS the party. She has an ego seemingly too big for her slight frame, a loud personality and opinionated persona. Typically she is a very bright and bubbly mare, though can be hot heated and quick tempered when she gets her buttons pressed. She is extremely bright and resourceful, never failing to have a witty remark.
History: Aviva is a bit of a mystery, even to herself. She remembers little of her life from before, occasionally getting flashbacks. Aviva has no family or friends, very self sufficient to the point of being anti-social.
Description: Aviva falls at a whopping 14 hands, petite yet strikingly pretty. She has a red roan coat and piercing hazel eyes, though are often shrouded by her thick forelock. Aviva is certainly thin, at times you can see her rib cage.
Stallion: None at the moment
Offspring: Unknown
Other: Aviva is open for interactions

Name: Feather
Sexuality: Bi
Breed: Appy
Personality: Feather is a snarky and quick-tempered stud, independent and secluded. He is quite bossy, and selfish. He is vocal about his concerns, unwilling to compromise in anything. He has a hard shell that prevents him from showing any sort of emotion, guarded to the max.
History: Feather's history is well seen in the numerous scars that line his sides, long marks that stretch from his withers to his flank. He prefers not to speak of this.
Description: Feather is a chestnut varnish roan Appy, short and stocky. He has a wispy mane and tail, and dark brown hued orbs. He has a bright white blaze on his face.
Mare: Clash
Offspring: Kerfuffle and Quip
Other: Feather abandoned his filly at a young age, believing she was too young.

Name: Kerfuffle
Sexuality: Straight
Breed: Appy x
Personality: Much like her name would imply, Kerfuffle is a clumsy young mare, always stumbling over her own feet. She has an odd essence to her, often murmuring things that make little to none sense. She would best be described as scattered, always seeming to be late to the party. Kerfuffle is an extremely headlong and reckless, making decisions on a whim. She is a very pleasant dame despite this, friendly and easy-going. She has not much of a temper, though is likely to flee at the sight of commotion, a sensitive little thing she is.
History: Kerfuffle doesn't have much knowledge of her family, her mom and dad both leaving her at a young age, her sister captured by humans. She has had quite the rough past, bouncing between herd and herd, always on the move.
Description: Kerfuffle is long legged and lean, not sure where she got it from. She has a thin body, a long neck, and a pointy snout. Her dimensions are a bit strange, seemingly too tall. She has white socks on her front leg, but otherwise a dapple grey coat. She has a murky grey tail and mane, often matted. Her eyes are a brilliant hue of green, very large and one of her most attractive features.
Stallion: None
Offspring: None
Other: Kerfuffle's cross in unknown, her mother a mix of everything it seemed.

Name: Cello
Sexuality: Demi
Breed: Paint Horse
Personality: Sweet, charming, and and witty. Cello is smart in his remarks, distinctly flirty with mares and stallions alike. He has a very one track mind, and will stop at nothing to get what he wants. He enjoys taunting equines, though somehow it always sounds sweet with his heavy British accent. Cello is quite altruistic believe it or not, perhaps because he doesn't want others to feel as alone as he once did.
History: Cello was imported to a stud farm due to his notable lines, though at one point escaped. Which doesn't come as much of a surprise, a very crafty lass he is.
Description: Cello is strikingly handsome, tall and muscular, yet still light on his feet. He has warm golden optics, and a lovely gray grullo coat. He has pointy ears adjacent to his cranium, and a greyish mane and tail, spindly like his mother's Papilionidae.
Mare: Mantis, Kimari
Offspring: Bramble, Rift
Other: Cello is in a band of bachelors.
( I'll add more later ^^ )

I'm going to say:
First, sorry I missed these.
Second, Aviva is accepted, Kerfuffle will be accepted if you change her eyes to like blue. (See above, green is only in Cremello and Perlino horses, or maybe a certain breed because I saw something about a specific breed too, a Paso Fino or something)
Third, if Cello is in a band of bachelors, he wouldn't have any mares.
Fourth, are you going to play Clash? If not, I wouldn't count her as one of Feather's mares, also since you have him as a loner I still don't know if I'd count her. Otherwise, they'd count as a small herd starting to form, especially since they have two offspring (though it says he abandoned his daughter). If Clash passed away, she shouldn't be in his mares slot, though you could put an other section and say he had a mare at one point.

After you address the things with Feather and Cello, I can accept them too.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of flames » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:12 am

... Snowrunner is a male gelding, I accidentally used she instead of he on his history part. That's why they are Questioning as they don't really know if they like others or not, but I am a little bit thinking to make them homo.

And for Tiramisu, there can happen some "meetings" with loner stallions out of the sight of the lead stallion, or the lead just noticed the unwanted visitor too late. I will make her to have been pregnant already when joined.

I can change the grey eyes to blue as they're closer to the grey.
Queen of flames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:41 pm

Queen of flames wrote:... Snowrunner is a male gelding, I accidentally used she instead of he on his history part. That's why they are Questioning as they don't really know if they like others or not, but I am a little bit thinking to make them homo.

And for Tiramisu, there can happen some "meetings" with loner stallions out of the sight of the lead stallion, or the lead just noticed the unwanted visitor too late. I will make her to have been pregnant already when joined.

I can change the grey eyes to blue as they're closer to the grey.

Kay kay, that's fine. I have some geldings open if you want him to meet any of them, but also Romeo is bi I think I put (he's pretty old now though).

Apparently lighter purple is a thing, supposedly in albinos...but I've only seen those with red or pink eyes but anyway.

Edit: it's telling me Hazel is blue and green...isn't that turquoise or teal? I thought Hazel was green and brown.

Edit two: green is in Pearl and cream type horses, I had to look it up again, so yeah Queen, you maybe should change them unless one of them is Pearl or cream based.
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Drogon <3 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:11 pm

jetsam would never allow it to happen, if she did meet or allow herself to accept courtship from another stallion, that would break his trust. plus, why wouldnt the bachelor not take her?
Drogon <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:28 pm

[Queen: I'm going to say change the green eyes, yeah.
Also, I was told Jetsam will allow Coral and Tiramisu to stay, since Tiramisu is a filly first off and...well, he's going to be overprotective of the herd now though.

Also: Feathers horses are not accepted]

Starter post!

Edit
Its going to be October, we're starting in autumn. Also, horses can go in cycle from April to October, that's what Google says, just so everyone knows.

Atlantic- stallion- 20 y- Mustang- loner- bi- no mares and geldings yet- Marine is daughter, wants more maybe- sixteen hand high blue roan with blue eyes and no markings of white- Tags: Marine/ open

The caring and kind but wild and loud stallion looked to his daughter as he walked with the younger mare. She was four months pregnant so far. One could barely tell that. Horses would be pregnant for approximately eleven months. She wasn't even halfway there yet. She was pretty close to half way, but not quite, and had seven more months to go. A chill was in the air, and a so far gentle breeze kicked up. He shivered a bit, moving closer to his daughter. He didn't want her getting cold, and for now he was her stallion. As her father, he had to protect her. She had no stallion of her own, no mate, no herd, just her father and the foal that would be here in time. He shook his head and continued to walk.

Marine- mare- 10 y- Mustang Kiger Mustang Morab- loner- pan- no stallion yet- pregnant with Ocean (May due date)- traveling with her dad right now- fifteen point one hand high lighter blue roan with blue eyes and white socks- Tags: Atlantic/open

The sensible but sometimes sensitive, sweet but feisty mare shivered a bit. She noticed the chill in the air, and the light breeze. These factors combined to make her feel cold. She made a soft little sound, touching her nose to her side. She didn't want any harm to come to her unborn foal. She'd bever had a foal until now, so she didn't know how this worked. Her father moved close, and she made a small sound of thanks. His hide warmed her, and they continued to walk.

Jaden- mare- 6 y- Mustang cross- loner for now- Demi- no stallion yet- pregnant with Juni (June due date)- traveling with friend Joro- fifteen hand high black with brown eyes and white coronets, gray looking hooves- Tags: Joro/open for Elias

The sweet but stubborn, gentle but hard headed mare looked around, careful. She was attentive and watchful, as she was pregnant. She couldn't let a cougar or bear get her. She wouldn't let them harm her and her unborn foal...Shaking her head, she twitched and perked her ears. She let her brown eyes wander to Joro, as she heard him let out a breath. She reached to nudge him a bit. She then shook her head a second time, picking her way along.

Joro- gelding- 4 y- Japanese Sport horse cross- loner for now- Homoromantic, poly open (if he ends up with Elias)- SO open- Offspring: will adopt Jemini- traveling with friend Jaden- fifteen hand high black with star and snip, brown eyes- Tags: Jaden/open for Elias

The cute and pretty, sweet and gently but shy and nervous gelding sighed a bit. More like he let out a breath of air. He wasn't human, so couldn't really call it sighing. He shook his head back and forth a couple times, ears twitching. He let his brown eyes look to his friend. She was beginning to show in her pregnancy now. He shook his head again. He wondered if they'd meet any stallions or geldings out here. They avoided the two herds...as Jaden didn't want to be in a bigger herd.

Romeo- stallion- 18 y- Mustang TB- leader of Shining Sun- Heterosexual- mares: Juliet, Coconut, X- foals: Four with Juliet, Alpine, Thunder- 16.2 hand high brown with white socks and brown eyes- Tags: herd

The leaderly and honorable but stubborn and hard headed brown stallion flicked his tail back and forth a couple times. He let some air escape his nostrils, and twitched his ears, before perking them and looking around at his herd. He felt peaceful and calm seeing them all there, including his daughters though Tessa and her sisters were old enough to leave now. Actually, Ria already had left, so only Tessa and Thunder were here, as Thunder was still but a foal. His sons had long since left, except of course Alpine, as Alpine was also but a foal so far, and he loved his foals. He'd seen Tessa looking out at the world beyond their part of the area, their small territory they occupied...and there was nothing he could do.

Juliet- mare- 12 y- Kiger Mustand- Shining Sun herd member- heterosexual- stallion: Romeo- offspring: Maxim, Ria, Rone, Tessa- sixteen hand high golden palomino with lighter mane and tail, pink hooves, blue eyes, and a snip and odd white forehead streaking- Tags: herd

The loyal and loving but flighty and slightly jumpy mare shook her head. She glanced to her stallion, considered her mate. She'd already had four offspring for him, so she was done. She'd said so herself, she was done after four of them. He'd seemed to understand, and no longer tried with her. She allowed him to lean on her, groom her, the usual except anything during breeding season. He somehow managed to control himself. Well, he had other mares, so that helped.

Tessa- mare- 3 y- Mustang TB Kiger Mustang- Shining Sun herd member- Pan- open to be snaked away, and open to relationships with mares as well- offspring- 16.1 hand high golden with brown points, mane and tail, blue eyes, white snip and odd forehead streak- Tags: herd

The down to earth and leaderly but fiery and rather energetic mare sighed. She shook her head back and forth a couple times. She looked around the herd, at the mares as well as her parents. She looked to her half siblings, quite a bit younger than her. She put her ears back, but not flattened. She then snorted and twitched her ears alert again. Her nostrils flared, as she stared out beyond their territory again. She shook her head again, and looked back to the others again.

Skylar- gelding- 6 y- Mustang AQH (mostly mustang)- Shining Sun subordinate/gelding- Panromantic, poly open- So open- has to adopt or have surrogate- handsome and cute buckskin with medium blue eyes- Tags: herd

The seemingly cold and unfriendly, actually warm and caring one looked around. He let his eyes look to Tessa for a moment. He'd heard the sound or sounds she'd made. He noticed how she stared outside of the territory for a bit. He shook his head at this fact, and looked away before she could catch him. He didn't want her to catch him looking and get annoyed. She'd do that sometimes, get annoyed at him. He shook his head again, and lowered his head to graze.

Jezibel- mare- 16 y- APH (mustang)- lead mare Moonless Night- Demi pan- stallion: Jetsam- open for romances with mares too- offspring: Ettore, Risk, pregnant with Josephine (March due date)- 16 hand high red mare with star, snip, stockings, minimal tobiano, brown eyes- Tags: herd

The sweet and gentle but fiery and headshy mare let out a small breath of air. She then sucked in some air, before letting a puff escape her nostrils. She looked around, looking to the other mares. She then looked to her two sons. She was pregnant again, and just knew it was going to be a filly this time. She was glad she was having a girl. This would be Ettore and Risk's half sister, then. She looked to her new stallion, Jetsam, with love in her brown eyes, and moved to nose at him a bit.

Ettore (Guardian)- gelding- 10 y- Appy APH- Moonless night subordinate/gelding- Homoromantic, poly open maybe- SO: open- offspring: will adopt Apache- 16 hand high bay beauty with blue brown heterochromia and minimal tobiano (neck/shoulders, back/rump), star, black and white mane and white tail- Tags: herd

The sweet and gentle but shy and nervous gelding wip

Risk- gelding- 8 y- Appy APH- Moonless Night subordinate/gelding- homoromantic, maybe poly open- SO: open- offspring: will adopt Cherokee- 16 hand high handsome beauty with brown eyes, dark coat, snip and stockings, pink hooves with black striping- Tags: herd

The playful water liking but wild and loud at times one wip

Snowfall- mare- 12 y- unknown (maybe Lippizaner and Appy)- Moonless Night herd member- bi- stallion: Jetsam- open to relations with mares too- offspring: pregnant with Nightlight (April due date), will have Flight, Blizzard and Breeze- 15.2 hand high white with very very pale light mane and tail, silver very light spotting maybe, blue eyes- Tags: herd

The silly and fun loving but slightly flighty and jumpy mare looked around. Being that she was slightly flighty and jumpy, she was often on the lookout. Her ears went back a moment, then forward again. She was pregnant, and she'd do anything to protect the foal. She let a puff of air escape her nostrils. She then sucked some air back into her lungs. She flicked her tail, blue eyes looking about once more. She nodded, seemingly to herself, and lowered her head then, to graze.
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Drogon <3 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:26 pm

π•΅π–Šπ–™π–˜π–†π–’

Never was this his plan. He didn't want to join a herd but here he was. The lead stallion, to be exact. The loner life was just rubbing off onto him, something that had agreed with his high adventurous personality that manifested his mind and thoughts plenty of times already. Though there was one thought that always returned to him multiple times: Where was Felina now? Did she find her happiness or was she still living the nomadic life style? Perhaps, she did settle down although he never saw that in her so she might be still traveling about. Come on, Jetsam. Felina is in the past. She has nothing to do with you now. Forget about her. Once again, that loud annoying voice echoed though his mind. The inner conscious that he always managed to argue with, something with what that statement made him realize that she was in his past. Did he wish to forget her? Never. She accepted him when others didn't which he was entirely grateful for. Felina made him feel like he was at...home... Home..? He never thought of finding a home, after being separated from his mother. Flotsam wasn't around much, the most Jetsam did for his younger brother was to keep him out of herds. The jet black Kiger Mustang's head lifted from it's tucked in position against his chest, something that he didn't realize he was doing. To others, he might have looked like a snake getting ready to strike at it's instigator. Though, others might not think of that right away. It didn't matter that much to what he looked like, just as long as he can keep his head held high. Swiveling his black coated pointed ears forwards, listening for anything that could threaten the herd, though it was hard when he could hear multiple sounds all at once. The stallion's muscles shifted when his posture changed - something close to a prideful and confident once - once he began to take a few majestic strides around the fairly small herd. Shouldn't be too hard to keep track of them, right? Tossing his head slightly with a noticeable annoyed snort, directed towards, himself when he twitched his long tangled low set tail. Stopping after the few strides he took, wasn't that much since he was feeling rather lazy today, just randomly. Moving his head to the side, his gaze was resting upon the few mares he had - how he even got this lucky is beyond his comprehension - in this herd, wasn't that impressive like most others. The dark chocolate brown orbs landed upon one of his mares, a reddish mare with quite the variety of white markings, as she has greeted him with a soft nose motion. Did he mind this physical touch? A little bit. He just wasn't used to it that much, something that caused him to linger upon all of what has occurred to him. Dwelling upon the past wasn't something that he foresaw today, much like every other day. Something always managed to remind him of something of his past and it ignited the deep burning flame that he's attempted to blow out for so many years. Would this be the year? Jetsam can't foresee that occurring but the least he could do is hope for it. A soft toss of his head moved his tangled black forelock that managed to hide one of his eyes every single time but this time, it was resting right down his snout. The most he did was give her a soft nudge with his muzzle against hers. A little small affectionate touch, most should be used to that by now. Jetsam was never one for giving physical affection, it was just something about him. He didn't even know where it sprouted from, personally.
"My, my..Aren't you just looking rather dashing and lavishing today?" Jetsam's voice seemingly purred out with a soft breathy and huskily tone. Was the compliment true? Of course, Jetsam was true to his words. Compliments was one way he showed and expressed his affection towards a mare in his herd. A very soft lop-sided grin lifted from the smile that curved it's way upon his muzzle as his brown orbs gandered upon the divine and alluring mare. The one that he managed to greet first, though he'd be shortly on his way to greet the others. "How are you doing on this rather...fine day?" The black stallion inquired, feeling rather curious about her response. Adding to the curiosity that was gleaming in his dark chocolate brown orbs, his head was cocked to the side in a tilted motion.

(i'm gonna try out the coloured text for his words and thoughts to see if it's something that isn't that hard. been debating to do it ever since i saw other people doing it too. lol i'll have to edit it for when i get ideas for flotsam, elias and zesiro.)
Drogon <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Post

Postby Spiritstar3 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:10 pm

Edited above post, but it's currently October in RP. I just wanted it to be the same month it is in real life]

Atlantic- stallion- 20 y- Mustang- loner- bi- no mares and geldings yet- Marine is daughter, wants more maybe- sixteen hand high blue roan with blue eyes and no markings of white- Tags: Marine/ open

The caring and kind but wild and loud stallion looked to his daughter as he walked with the younger mare. She was four months pregnant so far. One could barely tell that. Horses would be pregnant for approximately eleven months. She wasn't even halfway there yet. She was pretty close to half way, but not quite, and had seven more months to go. A chill was in the air, and a so far gentle breeze kicked up. He shivered a bit, moving closer to his daughter. He didn't want her getting cold, and for now he was her stallion. As her father, he had to protect her. She had no stallion of her own, no mate, no herd, just her father and the foal that would be here in time. He shook his head and continued to walk.

Marine- mare- 10 y- Mustang Kiger Mustang Morab- loner- pan- no stallion yet- pregnant with Ocean (May due date)- traveling with her dad right now- fifteen point one hand high lighter blue roan with blue eyes and white socks- Tags: Atlantic/open

The sensible but sometimes sensitive, sweet but feisty mare shivered a bit. She noticed the chill in the air, and the light breeze. These factors combined to make her feel cold. She made a soft little sound, touching her nose to her side. She didn't want any harm to come to her unborn foal. She'd bever had a foal until now, so she didn't know how this worked. Her father moved close, and she made a small sound of thanks. His hide warmed her, and they continued to walk.

Jaden- mare- 6 y- Mustang cross- loner for now- Demi- Elias could become her crush- no stallion yet- pregnant with Juni (June due date)- traveling with friend Joro- fifteen hand high black with brown eyes and white coronets, gray looking hooves- Tags: Joro/open for Elias

The sweet but stubborn, gentle but hard headed mare looked around, careful. She was attentive and watchful, as she was pregnant. She couldn't let a cougar or bear get her. She wouldn't let them harm her and her unborn foal...Shaking her head, she twitched and perked her ears. She let her brown eyes wander to Joro, as she heard him let out a breath. She reached to nudge him a bit. She then shook her head a second time, picking her way along.

Joro- gelding- 4 y- Japanese Sport horse cross- loner for now- Homoromantic, poly open (if he ends up with Elias)- Elias- SO open- Offspring: will adopt Jemini- traveling with friend Jaden- fifteen hand high black with star and snip, brown eyes- Tags: Jaden/open for Elias

The cute and pretty, sweet and gently but shy and nervous gelding sighed a bit. More like he let out a breath of air. He wasn't human, so couldn't really call it sighing. He shook his head back and forth a couple times, ears twitching. He let his brown eyes look to his friend. She was beginning to show in her pregnancy now. He shook his head again. He wondered if they'd meet any stallions or geldings out here. They avoided the two herds...as Jaden didn't want to be in a bigger herd.

Romeo- stallion- 18 y- Mustang TB- leader of Shining Sun- Heterosexual- mares: Juliet, Coconut, X- foals: Four with Juliet, Alpine, Thunder- 16.2 hand high brown with white socks and brown eyes- Tags: herd

The leaderly and honorable but stubborn and hard headed brown stallion flicked his tail back and forth a couple times. He let some air escape his nostrils, and twitched his ears, before perking them and looking around at his herd. He felt peaceful and calm seeing them all there, including his daughters though Tessa and her sisters were old enough to leave now. Actually, Ria already had left, so only Tessa and Thunder were here, as Thunder was still but a foal. His sons had long since left, except of course Alpine, as Alpine was also but a foal so far, and he loved his foals. He'd seen Tessa looking out at the world beyond their part of the area, their small territory they occupied...and there was nothing he could do.

Juliet- mare- 12 y- Kiger Mustand- Shining Sun herd member- heterosexual- stallion: Romeo- offspring: Maxim, Ria, Rone, Tessa- sixteen hand high golden palomino with lighter mane and tail, pink hooves, blue eyes, and a snip and odd white forehead streaking- Tags: herd

The loyal and loving but flighty and slightly jumpy mare shook her head. She glanced to her stallion, considered her mate. She'd already had four offspring for him, so she was done. She'd said so herself, she was done after four of them. He'd seemed to understand, and no longer tried with her. She allowed him to lean on her, groom her, the usual except anything during breeding season. He somehow managed to control himself. Well, he had other mares, so that helped.

Tessa- mare- 3 y- Mustang TB Kiger Mustang- Shining Sun herd member- Pan- open to be snaked away, and open to relationships with mares as well- offspring- 16.1 hand high golden with brown points, mane and tail, blue eyes, white snip and odd forehead streak- Tags: herd

The down to earth and leaderly but fiery and rather energetic mare sighed. She shook her head back and forth a couple times. She looked around the herd, at the mares as well as her parents. She looked to her half siblings, quite a bit younger than her. She put her ears back, but not flattened. She then snorted and twitched her ears alert again. Her nostrils flared, as she stared out beyond their territory again. She shook her head again, and looked back to the others again.

Skylar- gelding- 6 y- Mustang AQH (mostly mustang)- Shining Sun subordinate/gelding- Panromantic, poly open- maybe Snowrunner or X- So open- has to adopt or have surrogate- handsome and cute buckskin with medium blue eyes- Tags: herd

The seemingly cold and unfriendly, actually warm and caring one looked around. He let his eyes look to Tessa for a moment. He'd heard the sound or sounds she'd made. He noticed how she stared outside of the territory for a bit. He shook his head at this fact, and looked away before she could catch him. He didn't want her to catch him looking and get annoyed. She'd do that sometimes, get annoyed at him. He shook his head again, and lowered his head to graze.

Jezibel- mare- 16 y- APH (mustang)- lead mare Moonless Night- Demi pan- stallion: Jetsam- open for romances with mares too- offspring: Ettore, Risk, pregnant with Josephine (March due date)- 16 hand high red mare with star, snip, stockings, minimal tobiano, brown eyes- Tags: herd

The chestnut Tobiano mare with the star and snip twitched her ears. Her tail flicked back and forth as she looked at her mate. He was her mate, Snowfall's mate, the mate of some others. She remembered how he'd first been when he'd arrived. The former leader, her former mate, had known something was wrong. With him, not with Jetsam. He'd entrusted his herd, sons, and mares to the other stallion. He'd then wandered off...and truth be told, she still missed the Appaloosa. Shaking her head, she focused brown hues on the black stallion. She pulled back after nosing him a bit. She knew he didn't do much in the way of touch. That was fine, though a lot of horse interaction was body language and touch.

She watched him raise his head and hold it high. He might think others thought he looked like a snake doing that, not that she knew what he was thinking. She didn't think that at all. She just thought their stallion looked so very handsome. She watched him keep his ears perked to hear anything. She could understand why...one of his mares was pregnant by a stallion that likely wasn't him. She couldn't believe that had happened. She shook her head a couple times. He should be watchful and protective anyway. She and Snowfall were both pregnant now, about the middle or nearing it. She let some air escape her nostrils as she observed the stallion, admired him. She made a happy little sound, then shook her head twice.

She twitched her own ears, as she glanced around a moment. She was the lead mare, as she had been for Night. He'd even asked Jetsam to keep her in the position, and Jetsam had. She was older than all the other mares here anyway. Snowfall was close in age, but not older than her. She was sure Snowfall could be a good lead mare, but she liked her position. Shaking her head again, she let out a small breath. She then sucked in some air, before letting it out of her nostrils.

She made a small sound when he actually gave her a soft nudge back. She made a happy little sound, before speaking. "Why thank you, I know I'm quite pretty." She seemed to be teasing him, not that it would turn into anything. She said "Pregnant...though I'm not far along yet. I'm not feeling heavy yet, Snowfall and I are only at the middle of it or approaching that." She shook her head a couple times. She then looked around again, saying "We should probably move the herd to a river or stream at some point to drink."

Ettore (Guardian)- gelding- 10 y- Appy APH- Moonless night subordinate/gelding- Homoromantic, poly open maybe- Snowrunner maybe- SO: open- offspring: will adopt Apache- 16 hand high bay beauty with blue brown heterochromia and minimal tobiano (neck/shoulders, back/rump), star, black and white mane and white tail- Tags: herd

The sweet and gentle but shy and nervous gelding glanced around a small moment. He thought about his life, and how he had no significant other. He was already ten years of age. He'd just never met the right stallion or gelding. He honestly thought another gelding would be better, no mares to compete with. He was sure some geldings might romantically be interested in mares. They were more likely bi or pan. He shook his head a couple times, and looked at the mares and foals and Jetsam.

Risk- gelding- 8 y- Appy APH- Moonless Night subordinate/gelding- homoromantic, maybe poly open- Snowrunner maybe- SO: open- offspring: will adopt Cherokee- 16 hand high handsome beauty with brown eyes, dark coat, snip and stockings, pink hooves with black striping- Tags: herd

The playful water liking but wild and loud at times one let his eyes wander a bit. He knew it was really his mom and Jetsam's job to do. It was mostly Jetsam's job to do, as the stallion. Wild herds only ever had one stallion, of course. They got territorial and aggressive during breeding season. Risk knew he and Ettore was allowed to stay because they'd been fixed. He shook his head at this fact. He didn't want to be intact anyway, as it meant he'd want mares during certain months and he didn't want that.

Snowfall- mare- 12 y- unknown (maybe Lippizaner and Appy)- Moonless Night herd member- bi- stallion: Jetsam- open to relations with mares too- offspring: pregnant with Nightlight (April due date), will have Flight, Blizzard and Breeze- 15.2 hand high white with very very pale light mane and tail, silver very light spotting maybe, blue eyes- Tags: herd

The blue eyed white and possibly very, very light silver spotted mare stamped a hoof. She then glanced over to her leaders. Well, Jetsam was the leader as well as their mate. He wasn't Ettore or Risk's mate though. Those two were geldings, not mares. She shook her head, and touched her muzzle to her side. His sweet little foal was growing in her belly. She was so glad he'd accepted the mares after Night had asked him to. Night had given his herd to the other stallion. She was glad he'd accepted them, and even given them babies. Not that they had had the foals yet. Well, she and Jesibel hadn't. One of the other mares had, Tiramisu's mother she thought was the one and Jetsam didn't seem to be the father...

She didn't like the fact the mare had joined the herd then went off with another stallion. That or one had been sneaky enough to sneak past Jetsam...She shook her head a couple times. She turned blue eyes to Jetsam and Jesibel. She noticed the two talking, so she stayed where she was. She knew he'd probably be by to greet her soon enough. With that in mind, she flicked her tail and twitched her ears. She flared her nostrils a bit as she took in scents. She then shook her head a couple more times. She lowered her head back to the grass, which would soon start to turn brown. It would be covered in snow in two months or less. She never looked forward to winter...as she was a white horse but the sun would be covered by clouds.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Drogon <3 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:16 pm

π•΅π–Šπ–™π–˜π–†π–’

"I should have known that answer." The stallion's head shook towards himself for asking the question but it didn't hurt to ask them in how they were feeling. The autumn scents were flooding his sense of smell, it was damp most of the time and quite chilly during the nights. Winter...He rarely could survive during those wretched months. How could he keep track of a whole herd? Suppose only time will tell. "Of course you are beautiful, though you are correct about moving the herd towards a source of water. Thirst isn't a great companion." Jetsam's tongue moved inside of his mouth, he just noted how dry his mouth felt nor did he realize that he was feeling the overcoming feeling of thirst, for sure wasn't dehydration but he could be dramatic like that. "Let me greet the other's in this herd before we go. I have to make sure we have everyone. Don't need anyone sneaking off." The tone that he used seemed to be something similar to a growl, that's just the tone. Not like he actually growled, it was just low enough to be considered a growling tone. Giving Jezibel a soft nod with his head, it held respect for the mare before he glanced towards her abdomen for a few minutes. As if he was studying it before he gave her a soft nuzzle before he slowly made his way towards another mare. A rather white mare, though he didn't know what other markings she had since he didn't observe her long enough to notice any different shades amongst the coat. Jetsam didn't even know what breeds of horses she was. It didn't matter to him, it was another equine to approach and discuss a short conversation with before they'd make their journey to the water source. Slowing down, he halted right in front of her, his coffee brown orbs scanning over the mare's body as he was essentially reading her body language for any tell tale signs that she didn't want the company of an equine. If she didn't show it, his maws opened to form a greeting. "How are you today? Looking like a special snowflake like always." The mustang stallion's voice was low perhaps a murmur when he narrowed his orbs when he scanned the surrounding area around the herd. Ever since he accepted that one mare with her foal, his protective instincts were on overdrive. Something that occurred to him when he realized that the bachelor that the mare allowed to sire her foal, could be lurking about, patiently waiting for the moment to strike to steal mares or even just take his position as the lead stallion. As his hardened narrowed gaze focused upon the mare before him, he allowed it to soften. It gives it more of a warm and welcoming addition to it instead of his normal glaring at everything like it didn't something or contributed to what had happened to him. He knows that it's not true but it's a habit he's working on breaking.

π”ˆπ”©π”¦π”žπ”°

Autumn has begun in this land. Something that he didn't look forwards to, it was always cold during the nights causing him to huddle closer to his sister whenever they had to take the time to rest. Why couldn't it be warm all year around? That would be a dream, it wouldn't be too bad. The heat wouldn't bother him one bit since he was of lighter coat, it gave him an advantage over the darker pigmented coats. Like his father's father was. A pure black mustang with no white markings to give him a chance to survive during the hotter days. His grandmother was an American Paint Horse, which is how Elias obtained the soft white splotches that complemented his dun coat..sometimes that was. This land was confusing - as it felt like the two siblings have been circling around in circles for ages now but it hasn't been that long - he didn't know it as well as he did with his homeland. All he was searching for was some water to quench his ever growing thirst. Though, he hasn't spotted Zesiro in awhile now..That was concerning him even more. Fear was suffocating the stallion's windpipes, squeezing all the air right out of his lungs when his heterchromic optics searched around the land. No sign of the dun mare...How could he have lost her this easily? She was literally a copy of their father! Where is she!?

ℨ𝔒𝔰𝔦𝔯𝔬

A chill ran down the dun mustang mare's spine, as if something cold slid down her spine. Ice cold water is something that it felt like but it wasn't liquid cold water. Perhaps ice would be more of an accurate description of the feeling. Elias wasn't anywhere in sight. They separated from one another to cover more ground in search for a water source, that was something they were in dire need for. Wasn't there other equines living in this land or was it barren of none of her fellow equine breeds? She couldn't tell nor could she tell with her sense of smell. Too many new scents that she had to learn from where she lived before. Tossing her head slightly, the mare's dark brown orbs searched the land for any signs of equines moving about in the land. Zesiro promised that they'd stick together as long as the two siblings could but it didn't even last a few weeks. How foolish of the two..already loosing one another when they just got here. Something about this whole problem was rising in her, something didn't seem right. An odd scent caught her sense of smell, was she curious? Yes, but there wasn't no need to be a cat. Since curiosity kills the cat, that wasn't something that she was looking forward to experiencing soon. It wasn't her time yet, not yet. Each step she took was slow, timid, alert and above all skittish since every noise sent her into a soft brisk canter to get away from whatever was nearby her. Squirrel? Zesiro still would end up moving as far as she could away from it, including all the other wildlife. Where was Elias? That Paint Mustang shouldn't be that hard to find? Right? Clearly he was. Otherwise they both have noticed one another but ended up disappearing from sight before continuing on their wild goose chase search for one another.

(i'm still figuring out how to start flotsam but i got the other two up atm. hope their starts aren't all that bad, lmk if i need to change anything.)
Drogon <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Post

Postby Spiritstar3 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:08 pm

[looks great, but was Zesiro smelling herd horses or like a predatory animal like a bear or something?]

Jaden- mare- 6 y- Mustang cross- loner for now- Demi- Elias could become her crush- no stallion yet- pregnant with Juni (June due date)- traveling with friend Joro- fifteen hand high black with brown eyes and white coronets, gray looking hooves- Tags: Joro/Elias

The darkly colored mare felt the chill in the air. The bite of cold that meant winter would be there soon enough. It was still autumn now, but winter really wasn't that far off. They were in the middle month of autumn, so a few more weeks and then one more month after that. She shook her head a couple times. She let out a small puff of air from her nostrils. She then breathed in deep. She shook her head back and forth as that brought cool, even cold, air into her lungs. She glanced to her companion for a small moment. She twitched her ears back, as if hearing something back there. She then let her ears perk up once more. She gave a little squeal and a kick, then continued to walk. She wondered if they'd come join any others out here. Oh, how right she was to wonder that. For soon enough, she was cantering forward and nearly bumping into a stallion. She squealed at the paint splashed horse, then stopped and looked at him.

"Hello..who are you?" she asked carefully. She then looked to Joro.

Joro- gelding- 4 y- Japanese Sport horse cross- loner for now- Homoromantic, poly open (if he ends up with Elias)- Elias- SO open- Offspring: will adopt Jemini- traveling with friend Jaden- fifteen hand high black with star and snip, brown eyes- Tags: Jaden/Elias

The cute and pretty darkly colored gelding let his eyes wander. He kept a lookout, despite being a gelding and not a stallion. If he were a stallion, Jaden would likely be his, not just a friend. He'd be bi in that case, or even pan. However, he was a gelding and was Homoromantic. He then wondered, maybe he still would have been, but a stallion was governed by instincts during a certain season...If he was still intact, he was sure. He was sure he wouldn't only like boys. He shook his head back and forth a couple times. Brown eyes then turned to look at his friend and traveling companion. He reached out to nose at her, then pulled back. He lifted his head up and down a couple times. He then shook his head back and forth a couple times. When she broke into a canter so did he, and he squealed as he just barely avoided the stallion.

He looked at Jaden as she looked at him. They then both looked at the stranger.

Skylar- gelding- 6 y- Mustang AQH (mostly mustang)- Shining Sun subordinate/gelding- Panromantic, poly open- maybe Snowrunner or X- So open- has to adopt or have surrogate- handsome and cute buckskin with medium blue eyes- Tags: herd

The chestnut Tobiano mare with the star and snip twitched her ears yet again. She flicked her tail back and forth quickly a couple times. This month was the last month of a cycle. Of course, being that she was pregnant, that didn't apply to her. She nodded as she looked at the stallion. She said "It was very nice of you to ask," then made a small sound. If she were human, she'd probably have giggled. As it were, she was a horse, so she made a horse sound of delight. "Your daughter is moving around in there," she said. She was quite sure this one was going to be a girl for sure. If she ended up having any others with him, she wanted the second to be a girl too. No time to think on that. She was already pregnant with this one. Shouldn't be thinking of other foals until after this one was born. She made another happy little sound, then glanced around the herd. She said "I think Snowfall's answer will be the same as mine. Well, about the pregnancy anyway, but I'm sure she's having a fine day. You can go and greet her though. Oh yeah...I know...one of us did sneak off thirteen or so months ago...I'm sorry she did that to you," she said, meaning Coral (I think that's her).

She then watched as the stallion nodded to her. It was a respectful type of gesture, and her expression softened with some affection. She nodded back, then watched as he moved off. She was sure Snowfall would mention the pregnancy as well.

Ettore (Guardian)- gelding- 10 y- Appy APH- Moonless night subordinate/gelding- Homoromantic, poly open maybe- Snowrunner maybe- SO: open- offspring: will adopt Apache- 16 hand high bay beauty with blue brown heterochromia and minimal tobiano (neck/shoulders, back/rump), star, black and white mane and white tail- Tags: herd

The sweet and gentle but shy and nervous gelding glanced around a small moment. He thought about his life, and how he had no significant other. He was already ten years of age. He'd just never met the right stallion or gelding. He honestly thought another gelding would be better, no mares to compete with. He was sure some geldings might romantically be interested in mares. They were more likely bi or pan. He shook his head a couple times, and looked at the mares and foals and Jetsam.

Risk- gelding- 8 y- Appy APH- Moonless Night subordinate/gelding- homoromantic, maybe poly open- Snowrunner maybe- SO: open- offspring: will adopt Cherokee- 16 hand high handsome beauty with brown eyes, dark coat, snip and stockings, pink hooves with black striping- Tags: herd

The playful water liking but wild and loud at times one let his eyes wander a bit. He knew it was really his mom and Jetsam's job to do. It was mostly Jetsam's job to do, as the stallion. Wild herds only ever had one stallion, of course. They got territorial and aggressive during breeding season. Risk knew he and Ettore was allowed to stay because they'd been fixed. He shook his head at this fact. He didn't want to be intact anyway, as it meant he'd want mares during certain months and he didn't want that.

The blue eyed white and possibly very, very light silver spotted mare looked happy when he looked to her. She watched as he approached. She stayed still as she watched him. She was glad she was the second one he was coming to greet. She twitched her ears back, then forward once more. Her very, very light tail flicked back and forth a couple times. She let some air out of her nostrils. She then breathed in another lungful of the chilled air. She let him look her over, knowing her belly had finally begun to show. She wondered if he was looking at that at all. He seemed to be studying her body language more than anything. She liked a male, or even female, that knew to be respectful. She said "I'm sure Jezibel answered the same, but...pregnant. Otherwise, I'm doing pretty good today. Is she looking around for water?" she asked. She'd noticed the white marked mare had been looking around. She then squealed in delight as she seemed to realize. "Oh...a snowflake, you called me a pretty snowflake. I mean...it works, I am white or mostly white." She shook her head back and forth a couple times after saying this.

She felt her foal moving around as well, as Jezibel must be where she was. They weren't feeling each other's foal movements, just their own foal. Sometimes she thought her thoughts might confuse others. Shaking her head, she said "The foal is active today."
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me