β€” ✧ π‚πŽπ”π‘π“ πŽπ… 𝐆𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐕𝐀𝐍 β™” medieval rp β™” O&A

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Postby enby » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:53 pm

───────────── πšƒπ™°πšƒπ™΄ | 𝟷𝟿 | πš‘πšŽ/πšπš‘πšŽπš’
    πšƒπ™°π™Άπ™Άπ™΄π™³: xx | π™Όπ™΄π™½πšƒπ™Έπ™Ύπ™½πš‚: bero, robert | πšπš‘πš’πšŽπš

The young man had been up all throughout the night, Tate did this often and sleep wasn't something he could always manage to get himself to do, despite it being natural his mind wandered too much to allow him any form of rest, so much on a young man's mind despite the simple and boring life he lived- oh well, he'd rest later, for now, he'd explore a bit and perhaps get himself into the usual trouble he did so often. His tired, dark bagged eyes glanced around his environment as he thought a bit to himself, he had always thought about trying to sneak into the castle or, at least the around the castle, he knew there would be things there for him to steal for himself but he also knew that it could be some form of death wish for himself, but oh well he did this many times he was sure this wouldn't be any different, he was smart and had a skill with this stuff, he wasn't foolish about it.

He made his way toward the castle, his thin body tucking behind trees and making sure to watch out for any guardsmen that would be watching out for people. He knew which way he'd take, it wasn't the first time he'd been around the castle as he's planned sneaking in many times before. He decided to take a back way, he knew that way he'd probably have a better chance of getting in without being caught- he looked up at the gate in front of him, a small annoyed expression plastering over his pale face 'More trouble for me, shouldn't be much of a hassle, though.' He thought to himself, hoisting himself up bars his knuckles turning white with the tension of his hard grip, he pulled himself up being careful not catch himself and then he jumped down, a quiet huff escaping from his chest as he landed into the grass.

He observed what was around him, a small amused noise leaving his lips as he looked up at the looming castle in front of him, his eyebrows raising gently they never seen it up close but it was definitely something to behold, that was for sure. He began to make his way toward the stables, knowing the horses would probably have things stored in their saddlebags that he could make useful for himself like food and if he was lucky a few spare coins. He kept himself hidden behind bushes as well as he could, thanking the universe for making him a petite and tiny person. Despite sneaking into places many of times, this was definitely different for him, his heart pounded in his chest hard enough for him to feel it swell into his throat obviously he was nervous, he knew in the back of his mind this could end his life if he ran into the wrong people- he swallowed hard, shaking his head a bit and bringing himself back to focus on what he needed to do.

He squinted a bit, his brows tensing as he looked around for the stables of course he wasn't familiar with the inside gates of the castle but once his eyes found what he was looking for they lit up. He looked around one more time, before deciding to make a run for it, it seemed everyone was either busy or inside the castle so he felt fine to do this, even though usually he wouldn't do such a thing- then again he was tired and probably could have been thinking a bit smarter for his own safety, but a tired brain usually can't make the best choices for ones own life or just general silly things, though for Tate this wasn't a silly thing. With the tiredness flooding his mind, he seemed to completely miss two men that were making their way to the castle themself, a knight and what looked to be some kind of worker for the castle he wasn't obviously sure- his heart skipped a beat slightly as he turned for a moment to observe the two, stopping in his tracks mostly out of fear, he hoped to god they didn't notice but he was a stranger standing there so he knew he probably ruined his chance, but that wouldn't stop him from at least trying, he's done this many times before, running was something he was use to and he done it almost his whole life, and maybe today would be the fastest he did run, still deciding to make his way at least, toward the stables.
enby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

d 006

Postby senna_ » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:47 pm

x
    ──── πƒπˆπ€ππ€ π“π€π˜π‹πŽπ‘ ────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    β—† β€’ maid β€’ location: outside --> inside court β€’ mentions: tag β€’ tags: mirabel
    Shifting the basket so that it rested against her left hip, Diana reached over to momentarily rest her free hand on top of Mirabel's. "Thank you, Mirabel." She spoke in a soft tone, and if that wasn't enough to show her gratitude, the grateful look in her deep brown eyes surely did. "You are a kind friend. The whole court is so lucky to have you around." She would obviously take up Mirabel's offer for Mira's satisfaction (one never refused a princess's requests), but on a deeper level, Diana believed it would be quite fun, spending more time with her. She didn't have a lot of friends; she liked the company of others. And Mira's was contagious.

Mirabel really did deserve the world, with her kindness and thoughtful consideration for others. Diana hadn't met many people like that, at court or otherwise. Especially at court, though. She wasn't bitter about her position, she had learned young that she wasn't to socialize with the nobles and royals (which ironically failed, given how she was friends with two of the Gallavan children), but it was difficult to wrap her head around how so many of them could walk by with ease as if Diana or any of the other servants didn't even exist. Most of the time, there wasn't even an eye turned in her direction. It was almost impressive, if it didn't make her feel a bit weird about the whole situation.

"I will never pass up an invitation to share a meal with the princess," she hummed a small laugh, stopping momentarily to knee the bottom of the basket, which was sliding down her still-damp palms. "I think it would be fun, making meals," she mused, half to herself. "Although, do you think they always feel hungry, with the endless delightful scents from all the food they make? It sounds irresistible to me."

She was able to drop the basket off as they entered the large building once more, making sure to keep a firm grip on the pouch gifted to her. Her other hand gladly accepted Mirabel's outstretched one, picking up into a near-jog as they rounded in on the kitchen. Already, wavering smells from whatever they had made that morning hit her. She breathed it in like fresh air. "Tell me about you!" she urged, feeling more comfortable once they were past the main part of court. "Surely your life hasn't been nearly as boring as mine has been lately."
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: β€” ✧ π‚πŽπ”π‘π“ πŽπ… 𝐆𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐕𝐀𝐍 β™” medieval rp β™” O&A

Postby enby » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:58 am

♛𝑀𝐼𝑅𝐴𝐡𝐸𝐿 Β» π‘ β„Žπ‘’/β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿ
    β–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒ
    xxβ™• 19 | princess | tagged; Diana β™•

Mirabel laughed a bit, her cheeks flushing a tad with joy ''I'd say they do get hungry! I know I would, I don't know how they stop themselves from having a taste every so often..'' She said with a small laugh, tipping her head gently as she watched Diana, her eyebrows raising happily when she smelt the food being cooked from the kitchen her stomach growling right away. She made a small pleased noise and squinted a bit happily, licking her lips a small bit and she entered the kitchen and closed her eyes happily.

''Hmm...Well being a princess can be pretty crazy sometimes, but my father tends to do a lot of the work.. I get a bit of free time!'' She smiled a bit and looked thoughtful for a moment, ''I really like to draw! Also write, and I enjoy learning different languages so I can communicate with different people!!'' She said happily, tapping her chin a bit gently ''OH I also sometimes like to try to make stuffed animals, but I don't do too well..'' She giggled a bit and frowned her eyebrows gently ''I also like to ride and take care of my horses, bring them for walks and stuff when I can!'' She added with a gentle smile.

After a moment of thinking of what food she wanted, she requested a meal for herself and Diana, adding something that she was sure Diana could like, remembering that she mentioned she had blueberries before so she made sure to get something that at least involved the berry- adding a few sweets in as well that were her favorite that she wanted to share with her. ''All the stuff I asked for is super good, and some of my favorites! I'm pretty picky with food sometimes so I don't always like a lot but this stuff is really yummy!'' She said with a bright smile spread across her face as she rubbed her hands together gently, excitement filling her just from the idea of being able to have some yummy food, and being able to share with someone she enjoyed.
enby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

β€” ✧ scylla & cedric β™” 002 β™”

Postby razzberry » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:30 pm

✯ ━━ π’π‚π˜π‹π‹π€ 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋
      β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…xxβ–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…xxβ–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…
      duchess ✩ she/her ✩ twenty-seven ✩ location: gallavan castle ✩ tags: astoria, celestina

She had turned her body around in a fluid motion, keeping her back against the terrace banister as her attention focused on the company she'd found herself in. The goblet was raised to her lips as she tossed a bit more of the strong liquid down her throat. The duchess hadn't missed the look of contempt that flashed in this other woman's eyes and for what reason? She perceived Scylla as a threat, that was the only explanation and anyone with intelligence would be able to see that. A smug smile pulled the corners of her lips up as amusement danced in the chocolate-colored depths of her eyes. She remained quiet for a moment as the two talked, taking the opportunity to once again let her eyes focus on Celestina. This girl was threatened by the duchess and as she watched her interactions with Astoria she quickly discovered why. It was Astoria. Indeed, you are in desperate need of something, sweetheart but I don't believe it's food the thought flitted across her mind and she hid her smirk behind her glass. This same girl was either brave enough or foolish enough to think that anything could change Scylla's relationship with her cousin, though if the lady in waiting was adamant enough to attempt something, it would be akin to begging for the duchess' attention. Though the worrisome part wasn't getting Scylla's attention, it was what came afterwards.

As plans were made to venture down to the kitchen Scylla ignored the words of the baroness and glided across the terrace to settle herself on her cousin's other side, tilting her eyes towards Astoria. "You make an appealing offer, one I can't say I'd hesitate to accept, dear cousin. I find myself yearning for those delectable breakfast biscuits the cooks serve, along with those fruits you mentioned" she admitted as she began to walk forward down the corridor. The look thrown at her by Celestina hadn't gone unnoticed by her and only served to fuel the amusement that thrummed throughout her entire body. "Perhaps after breakfast you would be interested in joining me for a ride? It's been some time since our last lesson and I believe Weaver secretly misses you" Scylla mused. Her and the princess shared their love for horses and since Astoria hadn't known how to ride, the tall brunette had offered to teach her. So every once in a while whenever the two found time they would take out Scylla's two mounts, Weaver and Prophet, and she would teach Astoria how to ride. It was a bonding time that they shared and since the duchess rarely liked her time spent with those she wasn't close to or fond of, outsiders were rarely allow entry into their special time.

Long fingers lifted to sift through the ends of the dark tresses that cascaded down her back and over her shoulders, draping over her chest like deep mahogany curtains. Scylla's eyes flicked from her cousin to survey the corridor they walked down, eyeing several servants darting to and from rooms going about their duties.

β™˜ ━━ π‚π„πƒπ‘πˆπ‚ π‹π€ππ’πˆππ†
      β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…xxβ–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…xxβ–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…
      stablehand β™˜ male (he/him) β™˜ twenty-five β™˜ location: stables β™˜ tags: adora

His cocoa-colored eyes widened briefly with shock, he hadn't thought he would nor had he meant to startle the knight thought he couldn't suppress the throaty chuckle that rumble up from his chest. The man never took offence when people didn't know his name or who he was - if that had been something he sought after he would have pursued the path of knighthood. Instead it was like water off a duck's back to the laid-back stablehand. "Apologies for startling you, but yes, Cedric's the name" he affirmed as a lock of curly hair fell onto his forehead causing him to flick it away with a finger. He turned for a moment to move the hay cart out of the middle of the barn aisle so it was out of the way before turning back and leaning against the butt of the pitch fork.

Cedric's eyes crinkled at the sides as a grin stretched across his face once more in response to the knight's jest, he guessed it wasn't something of the norm for them and that made it even more exciting. "Ah but of course! I would never do my dear steeds wrong by not suggesting to their humans squeeze in a leisurely hack every now and then. It would be unbecoming of me" the stablehand accentuated his voice with an authoritative tone, turned his nose up into the air to feign being all-knowing and clasped a hand to his chest over his heart. A laugh slipped through his lips and he ran the hand on his chest through his dark locks. "In all seriousness though, I do believe that a ride may help you shake off the last of the sleep. Revive you a little even. Plus I don't doubt that Gadreel here would complain" Cedric added with a jab of his thumb towards the horse that was happily enjoying the hay he'd been given.

razzberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♦ - iii

Postby eldritch hound » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:17 am

𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚 𝐜𝐑𝐚𝐩𝐞π₯
      ♦ β€” agender β€” knight β€” location: stables β€” mentions: xx β€” tags: cedric
      ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

adora gave a sigh of relief they didn't't know they were holding, glad that they didn't unintentionally upset the other. their hands busied themselves, spinning gadreels mane around in their fingers, turning the previously straight hair into a singular running braid and let out a short laugh of amusement at cedric's words and flashed him a smile "thank you ever so much for your wisdom" they smiled in response before adding "I just don't want to be the last one to know if something happens" they grumbled, swearing as their fingers slipped and braid undid itself almost as in response to their apprehension.

after beat of adora worrying their lip, and with a harsh pat of the ground and a sly look shot at them by the impatient animal adora finally let out an exhale and nodded "maybe you're right. a ride might do him some good..." they had finally finished the braid and secured it by tying a small piece of brown leather around it "alright ya big bear, lets get you some exercise," they nodded, moving to make their way out of the stable door but just as quickly returned with the horses saddle and bridle and begin to fit it to the horse "and maybe, once I return from...let's call it a professional patrol...how about you join me for a coffee?" they offered "of course, if you want to." they completed fastening the tack and took his reigns.
eldritch hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: β€” ✧ π‚πŽπ”π‘π“ πŽπ… 𝐆𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐕𝐀𝐍 β™” medieval rp β™” O&A

Postby sunhorsestar » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:38 am

Karter Zael | Knight | Tagging: Effie

"Actually…" a small smile tugged at the corners of Karter's lips. "Last time I was in there, I got a bit lost, but I found the most beautiful place. It wasn’t very impressive or big or flashy or anything, but it was…peaceful, I guess you could say. A little waterfall. The sound is really soothing, I’ll take you there if it appeals," he offered. He had sat there for he couldn’t even remember how long. It must've been a good couple hours, simply sitting by the edge of the pool the waterfall fed into, admiring the flowers that grew around the edge, listening to the sound of the gentle splashing.

"Y'know…that’s the nicest thing someone's ever said to me," Karter admitted. He gently squeezed Effie's hand. Even if they didn’t show it, he suspected there might still be some sort of lingering fear or doubt. Maybe it showed in posture. He wasn’t quite sure. Whatever it was, it was subtle. "There’s nothin' to be scared of. Whether it’s bugs or somethin' bigger that frightens you, I’m here. It’s my entire job to keep people safe. I wouldn’t be workin' in the court if I wasn’t good at my job either," he pointed out, flashing his friend a small smile, hopeful that it would reassure her, even if only a little. "I’m right here, I ain’t goin' anywhere."
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby enby » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:07 am

β™žπ‘¬π‘­π‘­π‘°π‘¬ β₯½ 𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐲/𝐬𝐑𝐞
    β–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒ
    xxβ™˜ 19 | stablehand | tagged; Karter β™˜

Effie rose her eyebrows gently, a small smile spreading across their face as they listened to him ''That does sound nice...We could go there then!'' She tipped her head a bit and looked up at him gently ''I've never seen a waterfall before! I always imagined them to be pretty.'' They looked thoughtful, being offered to go to such a pretty place flattered them and made them feel cared for and like he really enjoyed their company enough to ask them to go somewhere so beautiful and out of the way from everything.

''Well, I'm only telling the truth..'' They said gently with a smile, blushing a small amount as they felt his hand squeeze theirs. ''Thank you though, I appreciate it, not a lot of people offer me safety and stuff and since my parents had given me away to the castle at a younger age for work stuff I hadn't felt safe much in general.'' She admitted, her cheeks flushing a bit more as she allowed her friend to lead the way, a small gentle smile stuck on her face as she kept ahold of his hand her thumb gently rubbing against his palm every once and a while, leaning into his side gently as they walked to where he wanted to go.
enby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

β™Ÿ iii , β™ž i

Postby bigwig. » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:41 pm

πƒπ„π’πŒπŽππƒ π‚π€π‘π“πˆπ„π‘
    β™Ÿ ✧ male ✧ stablehand ✧ location: stables ✧ tags: shawn
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    Desmond softened a little when Shawn told him not to apologize. A nice sentiment, but one Desmond often had difficulty accepting. Apologizing for himself was something that was more or less reflexive for him by now. It was something he had a hard time not doing. However, another reflexive response came quickly when Shawn suggested that he go get some more rest. "No." Desmond blurted out. That was the problem with lying - it always made things more complicated. Telling the truth, however, was a luxury Desmond felt he could not afford. He wouldn't lie in a serious capacity, of course, in the way that harmed others, but he would to keep up that deferential shield he held up in front of himself. "I'll be alright." Continued Desmond, once more trying to make the initial curt response seem softer. He didn't want to be construed as hostile or abrasive. That wasn't the way he was; he just struggled too much in his own mind.

"I probably wouldn't fall asleep anyway." Admitted Desmond. That was at least the truth; he didn't fall back asleep easily once he'd woken up no matter what, and with enough stirred around in his mind already he would probably only lie awake mulling it all over. Besides, he couldn't leave while he was supposed to be working; that would only make him more worried.

He would rather be working than lying awake in his quarters. Even if he hated feeding the horses (he'd been doing this for years and still could barely handle a pitchfork), there was something reassuring about routines, about familiar things, even if they weren't the most pleasant sort of familiar things. Work was familiar, and the horses were familiar - like friends to him, almost. He had always wanted a horse of his own.

When he had been living with his family, they had had a few horses on their land. He had been discouraged from riding them, though, and certainly wouldn't have been allowed to tend them under his parents' watch. He had to be a very particular way, poised and ladylike. But being the only child, he'd always wanted to take on more responsibility. Plus, he'd hated being and behaving that way. He would've rather spent time with the horses. Still missed them a little sometimes, even.

π‹π”π‚πˆπ‹π‹π„ πŠπ‘πˆπ’π“πŽπ…π…π„π‘π’π„π
    β™ž ✧ female ✧ knight ✧ location: outside castle gallavan ✧ tags: dane
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    Being on guard duty wasn't the most exhilarating part of a knight's job. Someone less restrained than Lucille might have even accused it of being 'boring', but she knew better. Lucille had seen a few battles in her youth, and as rousing as a good battle was, it was still better to enjoy a patch of relative peace while it lasted. It was not bound to go on forever, after all. One way or another, conflict would always rear its ugly head - and that was what roles like hers were truly meant for, to rise above the rest in defending those who needed it most. As it was, though, such was merely a flight of fancy for her now. Despite her better judgement, she did occasionally find herself missing the thrill of a good fight. Sparring with the other knights helped keep her in shape, but she did that more for their benefit than her own.

It was good to have a chance to enjoy the outdoors, though. It was nice outside; Lucille enjoyed the autumn months, before things got quite so cold and bleak as they did in the winter. It was probably her favorite of the seasons, if she had to make a choice. The reds and golds which decorated the trees were resplendent, displaying a contrast with one another that was not present among the typical green shades of the forest. Many of the birds Lucille was so fond of had already disappeared for the season, but it was nonetheless peaceful enough, and no visitors were even expected.

Well, no visitors were expected, per se, but that didn't mean nobody would arrive. If there was one thing Lucille had learned about the noble class in her years as a knight, it was that they were a mercurial bunch. They did what they wanted when they wanted to, and their reasoning was usually beyond Lucille. Maybe one had to be born into that kind of status to understand the intricacies of their motivations. Lucille typically didn't bother herself with all the politics within the court; such might have been thought of as unusual by some, but that was not really her place - nor was it something that interested her. She had become a knight not to elevate her status but because it was simply where her spirit lay. She was a fighter by nature and would be unbearably restless anywhere else.

Not that she wasn't still restless here, of course, but that was a temporary, fleeting thing. More fleeting even than she had expected, apparently, for there was a carriage approaching.

It was a worthy escort, meaning of course that it was carrying somebody of noble standing - likely the only type who would brave approaching the castle regardless, and certainly the only type who would be permitted to enter the court. The royal family trusted Lucille's judgement in that regard, and she was not about to give them any reason to reconsider.

Out from the carriage stepped a young man, small in stature and quite frail-looking, who made his way up towards Lucille's position as the guard of the entrance. Lucille did not recognize him immediately, though she was sure she knew of him in some form. The royal family she knew by name, but most of the other members of the court she had only a more passive familiarity with. This boy, though, seemed like...someone who would stick in one's memory. He was so short and scrawny she might have guessed he was still a child were it not for his voice - deep enough to betray he was at least in his teen years.

He knew well enough to state his business first and foremost, though he seemed to pause around his words as though picking his way through a thicket of thorns. She could not help but feel a stab of pity towards him, but she quashed it soon enough, for he did not look like the type who would suffer being pitied by someone else. "Is it so?" Lucille mulled, stating it in such a way that it was obvious he need not answer that question. "It seems you've traveled a long way." She remarked, softening her tone slightly. It was, moreso than anything, merely a guess. "Remind me of your name?" Lucille continued. She might not have known his name, but to say as much was something which was often poorly received.
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A 003

Postby senna_ » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:33 am

x
    ──── π€π’π“πŽπ‘πˆπ€ 𝐆𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐕𝐀𝐍 ──────────────────────────────────────────────
    β™› β€’ princess β€’ location: inside gallavan court β€’ mentions: mirabel, tags β€’ tags: scylla, celestina
    With a restless gaze darting from one place to another in a matter of seconds, Astoria wasn't quick to pick up on the growing tension between her two companions. Even if she had, though, there was a good chance she wouldn't have suspected anything out of the ordinary. Both were bold, passionate, and known for standing their ground. It was in their nature. Astoria herself was more focused on getting a good meal into her body than anything else; everyone who knew Astoria Gallavan knew she wasn't nearly as charming as she was instructed to be until she was properly satisfied with a refreshing meal and warm cup of tea to start her day. That especially went for days like today, where her headache was so large, it could surely fill up the entire room if it were an actual object. She shifted from foot to foot, one hand lazily gliding up her neck, fingers circling around one of the loose curls that settled against her skin. The other willingly reached back out to take hold of Celeste's own outstretched one, and she clasped her hand against her friend's with a bright smile across her face. It dimmed quickly, though, as her stomach unattractively grumbled.

"Sharing is only in my nature when it comes to my dearest companions," she returned, dipping the word "dearest" in sarcasm, even though the word, without the added effect, was in fact genuine. Her eyes rolled up towards the ceiling at Scylla's mention of biscuits, feeling as though she'd start drooling at any second if she didn't control herself, and let out an exasperated sigh. "Such good memories," she mused. "Nostalgic biscuits, those are. My mother used to request them all the time," she added in Celeste's direction, even though she had more than likely mentioned it before. "And with the fresh jam they make in the springtime? It is truly to die for. Come, come!" Holding her chin up, Astoria pushed herself into a confident strut down the hallway, Celestina on one side, Scylla on the other. She couldn't rid the smug look that fell upon her features as some of the servants shuffled out of the way. She loved the feeling of power, the way those around her bowed at her command and created a personal path just for her and those who kept her company. She was no queen, but she was given respect nonetheless. It was addicting, almost.

"Oh, sweet cousin, how you wound me," she sighed again, slapping a hand to her heart. While she adored the equines out in the stable, it was no secret that she was terribly fearful of being too close to them. As a true Gallavan, Astoria had known from the time she was young that she wouldn't be able to get away without being on a horse at least once ─ her father was the best riding in the region, it would be embarrassing on his end to have a child who didn't ride. It had been Scylla who had taught her, though, with an unusual firm yet gentle tone. She didn't ride often, even to this day, and when she did, she never exceeded past a steady canter. She didn't have her own mount. She preferred two of the sleek black horses when it came to her frequent carriage rides, but when it came to actual riding, she wasn't out in the barn nearly enough to obtain one of her own. She was happy enough with Scylla's gelding, Weaver. She never felt she had to prove herself to her father, which is why she kept her riding days limited, and also likely why she didn't have her own horse. "I suppose that wouldn't be the worst thing," the princess finally caved, a look that wasn't quite sour, but far from eager, across her face. She was often all right once on the go, but starting out was always a tricky thing. Scylla knew that, though. She also knew that despite the look across Astoria's face, if she truly wanted to decline, she would have done such a thing. A bit of fresh air wouldn't be so bad, even if it was chilly outside.

She glanced back at Celeste, who had temporarily fallen quiet. "You can help me find a riding outfit, then," she declared, a hopeful look in her eye. "Now that you are awake and shining. I don't mind Miss Mina, but she's so..." She rolled her eyes lightly. "...Cheery." The idea of inviting Celestina didn't immediately cross her mind, mainly because it had been Scylla's suggestion. She did, however, glance back at the duchess, in case she had plans for her friend. She kept quiet on the matter.

Astoria wasn't able to miss the sight of her sister up ahead, wandering about with a goofy grin on her face as she dragged along some dark-haired servant. Astoria slowed her pace down; she liked her sister, of course, but she was not yet ready to handle all that energy. Besides, she wanted Celestina and Scylla for herself, if only for a bit longer. "I must head into town sometime, too," she continued, her tone not exactly directed to either of them in particular. "It gets so awfully boring here. We're in need of some excitement, don't you agree? Some scandalous act must be brought upon our home, I demand it. There is only so much servant gossip I can take in one go."

senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

D 007

Postby senna_ » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:08 pm

x
    ──── πƒπˆπ€ππ€ π“π€π˜π‹πŽπ‘ ────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    β—† β€’ maid β€’ location: inside court (kitchen) β€’ mentions: tag β€’ tags: mirabel
    Diana couldn't help but giggle slightly at the thought of the kitchen staff irresistibly slipping an occasional fruit into their mouths as they decorated the trays for the royal family to munch on throughout the day. "I couldn't do it either," she admitted. "I don't eat often, and I don't eat much, but it would be terribly hard to resist if I were to spend hours and hours there. Especially when they just get shipments in! I'm sure the berries they get in are absolutely delicious. And the fresh bread they make must be to die for."

She fell quiet once again as they entered the hallway that would lead them to the kitchen. Diana didn't feel out of place, being there. Yes, she had no experience when it came to their job, but they were like her when it came to status. Of course, she was still polite to them, but she didn't feel so stiff, nor did she constantly fret over her manners. Her ease with them was a lot like the casualties taken into consideration when writing to her father. He wasn't at court, but in enemy territory. Location was the only thing keeping them apart, though, surely. He was just a low-class man like herself, it seemed, and she felt comfortable speaking to him as she did to the servants. She was even growing more comfortable with Mirabel as the days went on; her position compared to the princess's would forever linger in her mind, though.

She felt dizzy at all the smells as they entered the kitchen, evidently overwhelmed for the first few seconds. Her eyes brightened and she watched like a small smile across her face as the kitchen staff busily hurried around, occasionally bumping into one another, heads down and eyes focused the entire time. It really was quite a different environment. It seemed as though every room in court had a different feel to it, though. "Surely that must get tiresome? All that free time?" Diana asked the princess, side-eyeing her for a brief moment. "I hadn't quite realized how much time my chores take, but I'm not quite sure what I'd do with myself if I had extra time like that." She kept her gaze down and held her tongue as Mirabel rushed forward to address one of the kitchen workers. She was unable to hear what it was Mirabel had ordered, but based on the dazzling look in the girl's pale blue eyes, she guessed it was likely a handful of her favourites.

"I trust your judgment," she promised Mirabel, smile growing at the girlish look on the princess's face. "I'm grateful for anything given to me." Street food wasn't always the greatest, although Diana often wondered if she only held onto those bitter tastes because she was young and a rather picky eater at the time. She'd grown to force herself to eat whatever, and over time, her tastebuds appeared much more willing to try something new. Receiving anything freshly made was a real treat.

She backed herself against the wall, pressing her back against it likely to remain out of the way. She continued to gaze at Mira as she spoke excitedly. "That all sounds lovely," she mused, feeling a rather dreamy sensation fluttering over her as she envisioned herself running along a field, horse by her side. "Do you have many friends outside court, then? I'd imagine many of them would receive invites when parties are thrown here. Surely you're a traveller? Unless they come to this court, which would be understandable ─ it really is beautiful here." She knew about Mira's equines, too. Admittedly, Diana spent a bit more time than she was supposed to in the stables. "I'm sure the stablehands enjoy your company," she continued thoughtfully. "And I do not doubt you spoil your horses rotten!"
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me