City of Light | Open

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: City of Light | Open

Postby green. » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:20 am

Christiana Maureen Grey ;; Female ;; twenty two ;; Finnish college student ;; tagged; open

Christiana sighed, as she pulled her shoulder blade length hair into a low ponytail. Adjusting her backpack, she looked around the busy town center to see if she could perhaps sit and study somewhere, they have a big test coming up at college, and she desperately needed to hit the books. Grinning softly as she sees a cafe, she places her bag down at one of the tables, and makes her way up to the cash register, blanking as she realizes she knows no French whatsoever.
"Night falls
With gravity
The earth turns
From sanity"

L - they/them - est
x | x | x
l
u
n
a
r
green.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:25 am

Jesica Roberts- f- 25- pan- tags: Antoinette

Oh no; it’s fine” she said with a small smile. She glanced down to the black dog, smiling at him. She chose not to say anything about the blush, or her hiding like that. “If you care to know...He’s got Japanese roots. One or both grandparents were from Japan,” she said with another sweet and gentle smile.

Its fine; you must be lucky if I’m talking to you; I’m...shy,” she said with a small nod. She meant like super shy, considering she’d always had trouble making friends...She shook her head back and forth a few times.

William T Speare- m- 18 or 19- bi, guys more- tags: Merrick

He said “That sounds amazing; that it’s useful I mean, even if you use it little.” He nodded his head a few times then, before stopping himself. He then began to hum quietly again, wondering if he could paint him...He’d ask permission, of course. He hummed and nodded to himself, deciding to try asking soon.

He hummed and noticed the other male then looking at him again. “Thank you very much then Merrick,” he said, though wasn’t sure why he thanked him...He nodded again, saying “Yes, they are quite unique and both serve their purpose. I like them both.” He nodded to him, then tilted his head a bit. “Oh, there was an, um...an opportunity from my school; to come here.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

POST EIGHT

Postby carotid » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:21 am

x
      x

[ i'm so sorry for the late post!! i had a big test to do, but now that it's over i'm back n ready to party 8) ]

────────────
MAGNOLIA
IDEUS

female - 22 - bisexual
tagged: kendall

────────────

Maggie beamed when Kendall seemed to respond positively to the dress she'd picked out. Being fully honest with herself, Maggie probably wouldn't put this much work into a project if she didn't feel something towards the person who approached her about it. She could do all the free designs she wanted and send them off to influencers who probably wouldn't even take it out of the package, or she could collaborate with different designers for more publicity. None of that really inspired her. But this? Kendall? They did.

And Magnolia was never one to shy away from a challenge. She also was someone who was much too stubborn to change her mind after she already had it made up.

Kendall's offer had her going pink in the cheeks instantly without her even realizing it. "Lunch sounds great," she exclaimed, trying to hide her excitement but failing quite miserably. "Promise me you'll give me some inside details on the book over that lunch, though? You don't have to, but I'd love to hear more."

The fact that she'd see Kendall again was enough to make Magnolia's heart flutter. Usually she wasn't so quickly enamored with people she'd only just met, but Kendall's eye for detail and their depth of storytelling was already evident by the way they described their novel and even the way they presented themselves. Their clothes, their hair, the way they spoke... Maggie was crushing a little.

But hey- they only just met. Maggie had to remind herself to take a chill pill and drag her gaze away from the other's humble smile.

"So, we should probably exchange numbers, right?" she asked, her beaming grin returning. Something about Kendall just made her light up from the inside and out. "Just for lunch, of course." Her tone was obviously teasing, and she threw in a wink for extra charm.

────────────
LENNON
JEONG

male - 21 - homosexual
tagged: dominic

────────────

From the finger guns to the waitress to his preference of peanut butter, Dominic definitely wasn't the type of guy Lennon would usually go for. The looks were quite exactly his idea of a dream guy, but the personality he'd built for his dream partner wasn't quite Dominic's. In fact, Lennon hadn't assigned a personality type to his dream partner at all. His whole life, the focus was never on romance, and its attempts were met with rejection, or short-lived relationships that lost their spark quickly, and then it was back to the drawing board for Lennon- literally. He'd paint his feelings on canvas, ignoring the lonely twinge inside of his heart.

To be met with someone who was so confidently himself was somewhat captivating, and Lennon realized slowly that Dom was, in fact, what he'd been looking for through the years. Not that he'd readily admit that, of course. That was more of a 3 a.m. deep conversation-type confession.

Hearing Dominic speak made Lennon's breath catch in his throat. Hearing someone call him amazing, in any form, was something Lennon hadn't experienced in his life besides a few comments on his art on the Internet or an attempt at flirting by some rando he wouldn't end up with. The fact that Dominic was disclosing what felt like such personal information right back made Lennon feel a lot more at ease about his painting anxieties. It made him feel a whole lot more comfortable, entirely in general.

"Parents and their traditional mindsets," said Lennon, shaking his head with a small grin on his face. "They'll never understand us creatives. If I had a traditional job, I would probably be in medicine; that's what my parents wanted." A pause, then a glance up at Dom from under half-lidded, flirty eyes. "Would I be a hot doctor?"

Lennon was only half joking- he just wanted to see what Dom would say back to the question.
carotid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Graveyard_Melodies » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:35 pm

𝒟𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒾𝒸 𝐿𝑒𝓌𝒾𝓈
male-21-bi-sexual
tags; Lennon

"A doctor, huh?" Dominic raised an eyebrow, leaning back in his chair, his eyes looking over Lennon for a moment. "Well, sweets, if you were a doctor; I'd probably be sick every week." He chuckled softly, giving Lennon a small wink. Flirting with Lennon felt natural...of course, Dominic was already a flirtatious one; but he genuinely felt something with Lennon...it wasn't just 'flirting'. Dominic couldn't describe it, even if you'd ask him to.

"I'm not quite sure what my parents expected me to be..." Dominic hummed, running his fingers through his wavy hair. "All I know is that I would not be cut out for a desk job; that's a misery sentence." He chortled, his eyes glancing around the restaurant for a moment before they landed back on Lennon, a smile tugging at the corner of his lips. What are the odds the person he ran into was a creative type like himself?

"What do you paint?" Dom asked in a softer tone, his fingers now fiddling with the strap of his camera. "Uh- feel free not answer; I'm just curious- I can show you some of my photos, if it makes you feel better about it," He had a small fear of making Lennon uncomfortable- even if he asked the simplest of questions. The slight nervousness was a bit more evident with that statement.

𝒜𝓃𝓉𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒 𝐿𝑒𝓌𝒾𝓈

Female-20-demisexual
tags;Jesica Roberts

"That's...pretty cool. He seems very well trained." Anny complimented, actually impressed with that knowledge. She gave a small chuckle, crossing her arms and looking down at the dog. "I see...I know the feeling; I'm not usually good at talking to people either." she sighed a bit. "Hence why I get so weird," she giggled a bit trying to lighten up a little.
Graveyard_Melodies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[005]

Postby borahae. » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:14 pm

xxxx▬▬▬𝐉𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒 "𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐊" 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐓𝐓
    xxxxcismale • twenty-four • bisexual • tags: darcy • location: bookshop

Watching and waving to Darcy as she made her way out of the store, only lowering his arm back to his side after she was long past his line of sight, James stood deep in thought in that same spot by the doorway for a long period of time, completely unaware of his surroundings as he went over what had just happened. While the whole interaction between Darcy had been quite stressful, James would be lying if he didn't admit that it was also the least stressful he'd had since he'd moved to this city, her natural charm and compassionate nature reaching into the depths of the male's heart. Starting with nothing more than a book, James hadn't felt this way about a simple conversation (or a person, for that matter) since Emma had passed; he hadn't felt so engaged, excited, and jittery all at the same time at the mere thought of talking to that person again.

The timid male's flush only spreading farther across his cheeks as he remembered their goodbye, the casual French farewell anything but casual to the American boy, James shook his head and finally was able to pull himself from his thoughts, knowing that despite everything he still had a business to run. Readjusting his top into his jeans and straightening out his apron, a nervous habit of his, the male took time to make sure his shop was in place before going back to the counter to gather the biscuit he'd been given earlier. Keeping the napkin around it, James felt a toothy smile crawl up on his face as he carried both himself and the treat towards the back of his store, numbly walking into a separated room from the rest of the shop as he searched for Darcy's request, Wuthering Heights. Taking a bite of the treat, his smile only growing as he let the French flavor develop on his tongue, James had managed to completely finish the biscuit as he wandered the room before finally spotting what he'd come here for.

Wiping his hands off on the napkin and tucking the paper product in the front of his apron before reaching out to the book, James sighed in relief as he picked up his second edition copy of Wuthering Heights and smiled even wider, leaving the temperature controlled room with that same smile still plastered on his face as the male headed back to the front to package the book and set it aside for Darcy for when she came to pick it up.

Delicately wrapping the novel in a brown paper, tying it together with a simple twine that was tied in a ribbon on the front, James kept focused on his work and only stopped to occasionally welcome a customer or check one out.
borahae.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sat May 02, 2020 11:33 am

Kendall Howard|Nonbinary|22|bisexual|tag(s): Maggie
    Kendall nodded approvingly as Magnolia had accepted their offer of lunch. They had been a little concerned that they'd have to press and be more insistent. Judging from how excited the dressmaker seemed to be, though, Kendall knew that if they did have to insist more, it would not have taken that much at all. They laughed softly, and tapped the side of their nose. "Ahh, we'll see about that. Although... I don't really find anyone other than my editor and publisher to talk about my books with easily. It would be nice to do so outside of the business side." they replied. Though they'd been in Paris for a little while, they hadn't really met anyone they'd made a solid connection with. Not in the way that they'd be able to talk a bit about their book, anyway - and not give any spoilers, of course.

That, and they were rather excited to see what Magnolia came up with for the dress. She was evidently very talented, and did well enough to keep the shop running. They loved the idea of perhaps someday having Magnolia design their wedding outfit... if they ever got married. There would be a lot more that would have to happen before that, but still. They were intrigued... draw to the dressmaker.

Kendall couldn't help but blush a little at the wink, but did nod in agreement. "Ah, yes, of course. Although I wouldn't dismiss the thought of another chance meeting." they said, and then opened up their contacts app on their phone, turning the screen towards Magnolia so she could type in her details. "Yes... just for lunch." Kendall confirmed, although knew that they secretly hoped it would end up being more than just a one-time lunch kind of deal.

Merrick Pearce|Transmale|20|bisexual|tag(s): William
    Merrick laughed softly. "Thank you. Perhaps I'll show you sometime." he replied. Not out here, he thought, the grass would be too soft for him to dance on. He preferred a smooth, solid surface to perform on, such as a proper dance studio or a stage. It would, in his opinion, showcase his movements better, and therefore be open to more accurate criticism. He believed that he held up well under other people's scrutiny, knowing that he could use it to push himself to become better. He smiled warmly, raising an eyebrow when he was thanked. He wasn't sure what it was that he'd said, so he replied with a rather confused - though also amused - "You're... welcome?"

Merrick nodded slightly, in acknowledgement. "I see. That must have been exciting to hear about. Especially as you're here." he commented. It was always wonderful to him to hear about schools giving their students once-in-a-lifetime opportunities like this. All the people they could meet... and the experience they could get.
    "How long have you been working on that piece?" Merrick asked, and he finally lowered himself, sitting elegantly on his knees, figuring that he might be here for a while.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Sat May 02, 2020 12:19 pm

Jesica Roberts- f- 25- pan- tags: Antoinette

Ah, thank you for saying that. He had to be trained well,” she said with a nod. She hummed a bit then smiled a little more at the other girl. She smiled down at her sweet black dog, humming.
I really dislike being shy...but I really can’t help it, I wish I could though...” she said with a small sigh. She then nodded to the other girl, unable to help a small laugh herself.

William T Speare- m- 18 or 19- bi, guys more- tags: Merrick

He hummed and said “I would like that very much, actually.” He chuckled a bit, then shook his head. He dipped his head a moment, smiling to himself a little. He looked up as Merrick spoke again, and blushed in embarrassment. “S-Sorry, don’t know why I said that.

He then nodded to the other male a bit. “It was amazing to learn I could come here. I’ve always really liked France,” he said with a nod. “Oh, um...I actually haven’t kept track of time,” he chuckled, shaking his head. He gave a small smile when Merrick finally sat.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jj735 » Sun May 03, 2020 6:58 pm

bump <3
jj735