~* Northville High (NEW AND ACCEPTING--NEED TEACHERS) *~

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

What's one thing you'd like to see in this role play?

A dance
35%
A different club/sport/music
12%
Daily announcements
No votes
All of the above
54%

Total votes : 26

Re: ~* Northville High (NEW AND ACCEPTING--NEED TEACHERS) *~

Postby Pit~bull~Lover » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:14 am

I think im going to drop out of this rp sorry. :(
Image Image Image Image Image
Pit~bull~Lover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby quark quack » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:17 am

[wheeze pls forgive and accept my meme]

Username:: Talk Radio
Name:: Dr. Carl Edward Sagan
Teacher Of:: Biology, Physics, Calculus
Clubs/Sports/Music:: Science Club, Robotics Club; assistant for Debate team.
Personality:: Carl is a very kind, grandpa-like man. He is calm in almost every situation, and incessantly upbeat. He's very soft-spoken and genuinely enjoys small talk, since he cares about and is fascinated by his fellow human. He has a very old-fashioned air to him - partly due to the fact that he seems to be ripped straight from the 1950s - and has a tendency to fret, worry, and dote. While Carl listens to outdated music and wears a lot of turtleneck sweaters, he isn't actually the age of a grandfather, nor does he have the sociopolitical views of one. In fact, he's steadfastly progressive in his views, although he is very careful to set his opinions aside during working hours. Among other interesting things, Carl has been arrested once (for jumping a fence at a protest for nuclear disarmament), knowingly caused a security leak at NASA, and regularly advocates the scrutiny and questioning of high authority, although it's all much less exciting than it may sound. Carl cares very much about his students, and tries to make his classes as interesting as possible for them. He remains respectful even in the case of insolence, however, if a student behaves outrageously, Carl will gently render their transcript awash with zeroes and send them to the principal. While he teaches biology, physics, and calculus, Carl is well-versed in a variety of sciences, and enjoys teaching or conversing about anything regarding STEM. He's also fascinated by history (especially the Egyptians, Assyrians, Greeks, Aztecs, and Mayans, in that order), government, and literature. While he's a decent writer himself - he's published science-popularizing and debunking books before, and he keeps his own miniature library in his classroom - he has no clue about the technicalities of music or art. He's actually remarkably inept at the fine arts, and doesn't understand most of it.
History:: Carl grew up in a practicing Ashkenazi Jewish family in Brooklyn, New York. He resided at the edge of poverty with his younger sister, Carol. While attending school, Carl quickly became fascinated with astronomy, though he maintained a host of interdisciplinary interests throughout his academic career. He established himself as the brain of his class, and graduated high school at age sixteen before attending the University of Chicago. From there, he was apprenticed in biology by one of the leading biochemists at the time, and he wrote a thesis on the origins of life through chemical advancement. He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in biology, then went on to get his Bachelor of Science degree in physics. During this time, he met the woman he would marry, but the bond did not last very long, and he was divorced by the time he had earned his doctorate in physics, presented from the dissertation "Physical Studies of Planets and Satellites." Carl then worked for NASA, serving as director of several robotic exploration missions before becoming less involved. He took up school teaching out of curiosity, as he wishes to find proactive ways to fix the education system in America, but he wants to see the specifics of what problems lay inside. Currently, he takes notes of issues he happens across, and tries to give the best education he can to his students. He also runs extracurricular clubs, and is willing to stay at the school for as long as a student wants to be there, as he tries to offer a nice and educational safe space for kids with bad home lives.
Sexuality:: Pansexual
Crush:: At the moment, none, but perhaps one may develop.
Relationships:: His favorite planet is Mars. Don't know if that counts.
Likes:: coffee, tea, Chuck Berry, science, sweaters, science sweaters, cute things, astronomy, ancient history, teaching
Dislikes:: disrespect, violence, religious zealots, narrow-mindedness, astrology, UFOs, and other pseudoscience
Other:: Carl can make one heck of an apple pie. He's prone to migraines. He also drives an orange 1970 Porsche 914 with a license plate reading "PHOBOS," and has a cat named Eratosthenes.
Last edited by quark quack on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"He didn't want to believe.
He wanted to know."
[Carl Sagan]

Call me Quark.
He/she/they, don't care either way.
Panromantic Asexual.
Science fanatic.
Socially liberal.
Economically left by American standards.
Center-left by international standards.
Atheist, but also pantheist-ish.
Pseudoscience debunker.
🏠 💓 ⚛️
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
quark quack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Coach Kelly

Postby JrB » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:03 am

Username: JrBoy903
Name: Malcolm Kelly
Teacher Of: Football coach
Clubs/Sports/Music: Football
Personality: Malcolm is someone who is firm when he needs to be and someone who can get along with everyone at other times. The former definitely applies to how he interacts with his players and fellow coaches, as he definitely cannot be perceived as "soft" by his players and especially by his fellow coaches. However, even he will get in on celebrating with them every time something big happens during a game, especially if it's a win. With this being said though, he is also one who likes to motivate his players to do their best.
History: Malcolm was born and raised in Texas. He went to school here, played football in high school down here, graduated here. His first exposure outside of Texas was when he decided to accept a scholarship to play football at the University of Georgia. He attended the university for three years before deciding to take his talent to the next level. Unfortunately, he wasn't drafted by any team in the NFL, but he was signed on by the Detroit Lions for three years. He could've been the next great running back, but injuries prevented this. Left with no choice, he decided to give Arena Football and Canadian football a chance for a year each, but still suffered injuries, including a concussion, which he decided was enough for him to retire. During his time with the Lions, he also volunteered as a coach for Northville High, which is what led him to being hired as their next football coach.
Sexuality: Straight
Crush: Has his eye on Vanessa Taylor.
Relationships: WIP
Likes: Football, coaching, getting the best out of his players.
Dislikes: Blown plays, calls, being on the losing end.
Other:
JrB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amethyst The Gem » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:12 am

[img]IMAGE%20HERE[/img]

Username:: Amethyst The Gem

Name:: Jacqueline "Jackie" Vixan

Grade::

Sexuality:: Straight

Crush:: None (yet)

Relationships:: None

Family:: Her parents, and younger brother named Alex

Likes:: Candy, being happy, singing, dancing, making new friends,

Dislikes:: Scary movies, bullies,

Personality:: Jackie is very hyper, outgoing, and a spirited young girl. She is very much a chatterbox, and could probably talk to a brick wall if given the chance. She likes seeing the best in people, and will never assume the worst. She is also very sensitive, and will cry easily if something hurts her feelings or scares her. Jackie does not like being mean, nor does she like people who are.

History:: Jackie is the oldest child, and has a younger brother named Alex. She grew up in an average lifestyle, not poor, but not rich. As a young child, Jackie always made friends easily, and had fun spending time with said friends. As she grew up, Jackie found it harder to connect with them, due to the fact that she was still very much a child at heart.

Clubs/Sports/Music:: Chorus, Dance, Drama, Book Club,

Talents::

Other:: Can she be a new transfer student?
Amethyst The Gem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me