Different Accounts Using the Same IP -PLEASE READ-

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Different Accounts Using the Same IP -PLEASE READ-

Postby Tobby » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:50 am

In the rules, we have a lot of people asking if its ok to have multiple accounts on one IP.
I have a simple answer {you should read below anyways XD}, yes, you can.

Tess allows this, but she does NOT allow users to have multiple accounts. The same IP doesn't mean anything, at all. Your whole family could join and have only one computer without be banned. BUT the same user cannot have more then one account to cheat on the adoption limit, as that is against the rules.

I decided to make this for people who did not understand the IP rule.
Questions are welcome. ;)
Last edited by Tobby on Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image

Moonflight wrote:That was quite insensitive to the percent of the population that was born chinless and cannot grow tasty beards. Shame on you D:
Tobby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Different Accounts Using the Same IP -PLEASE READ-

Postby SolMiMi » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:52 am

I think we ought to make it clear, however, that it is OK to have different accounts on the same IP if, for example, all your family members want to join CS and adopt pets, and you end up using the same computer because, well duh, they're your family, and you might have just one computer xD

On the other hand, if you make different accounts because you want to cheat the adoption limit (eg. Get more pets than the 15 you are allowed to have), then that's the time it's NOT allowed.

....at least, from what I understand of it :3
dead account.. :3 hello RL...
SolMiMi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tobby » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:02 pm

SolMiMi wrote:I think we ought to make it clear, however, that it is OK to have different accounts on the same IP if, for example, all your family members want to join CS and adopt pets, and you end up using the same computer because, well duh, they're your family, and you might have just one computer xD

On the other hand, if you make different accounts because you want to cheat the adoption limit (eg. Get more pets than the 15 you are allowed to have), then that's the time it's NOT allowed.

....at least, from what I understand of it :3

I added everything that I put in bold. ;) Thanks.
Image Image Image

Moonflight wrote:That was quite insensitive to the percent of the population that was born chinless and cannot grow tasty beards. Shame on you D:
Tobby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SolMiMi » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:21 pm

Aww xD Glad to be's of help.
dead account.. :3 hello RL...
SolMiMi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TaraRayne » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:01 am

I have been thinking about this for a while and I'm not saying anyone here is doing this. But my one issue with whole families being able to join CS is that you will still get cheaters. I'm not saying anyone here is doing that because I have no way of knowing that kind of thing. But, I used to be a mod for a game site and we did have people who got around a similar rule by making up siblings, cousins or any other family member that used the same computer and all played the game. Most of them got caught eventually. Like I said I don't think it would be fair to not allow other people in the same house to have an account but it's too bad there is no way to stop people from cheating by inventing family members so they can get around the adoption limit.
TaraRayne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tobby » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:30 am

TaraRayne wrote:I have been thinking about this for a while and I'm not saying anyone here is doing this. But my one issue with whole families being able to join CS is that you will still get cheaters. I'm not saying anyone here is doing that because I have no way of knowing that kind of thing. But, I used to be a mod for a game site and we did have people who got around a similar rule by making up siblings, cousins or any other family member that used the same computer and all played the game. Most of them got caught eventually. Like I said I don't think it would be fair to not allow other people in the same house to have an account but it's too bad there is no way to stop people from cheating by inventing family members so they can get around the adoption limit.

Well the mods, Tess and Nick know how to find them out. Unlike some other forums' mods and admins....
Image Image Image

Tobby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadow » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:04 am

I changed this topic to a sticky so you won't have to keep bumping it, and deleted the bump post. :)

We have other ways of figuring out if people have multiple accounts than by IP adress. Trades are monitored, and we can determine that a user has more than one account based on this.
Quantum

"Life
is a great big canvas,
and you should throw
all the paint on it you can."
-Danny Kaye
Shadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arcticwolf » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Err, so I had an account, but I didn't like it so I made a new one. I never cheated, in fact I have yet to trade at all! My old account was buddyball123, but real pet Buddy died a few days ago & I can't stand to even hear that name. I'm really weird...
I won't explain the "ball" part of the userame unless you want me to.
So, is it okay to have this account? I have no others than the one just mentioned. I just don't want to be banned or anything...
ImageImageStandard Poodle Mom Image Pro Dog Groomer Image Engaged Image Image
arcticwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TaraRayne » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:19 am

arcticwolf wrote:Err, so I had an account, but I didn't like it so I made a new one. I never cheated, in fact I have yet to trade at all! My old account was buddyball123, but real pet Buddy died a few days ago & I can't stand to even hear that name. I'm really weird...
I won't explain the "ball" part of the userame unless you want me to.
So, is it okay to have this account? I have no others than the one just mentioned. I just don't want to be banned or anything...

I would suggest PMing thenickdude, since Tess is on vacation, and asking him to delete that other account. I'm pretty sure if you do that then you should be ok. However, if it was me I would have asked a mod if there was a way to change the account name to a new one instead of creating another account just because I didn't want the name any more.
TaraRayne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:04 am

If you have a duplicate account which is unused and is not helping you break the adoption limits, you are _very_ unlikely to get into trouble. To eliminate the possibility altogether, PM an admin like me to delete your old accounts.. :).
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me