how do i make a site like this?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

how do i make a site like this?

Postby LisaLlamas » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:40 am

does anyone know how i can make an adoption website like this one? i have all these cool drawings and i practically made the entire thing, but all on paper!
any ideas?!
thanks!
Happy Hollydays!!!!
ShortOne
"i love Crickets!"

[Image
Pets name: Kile
Adopt your own!
LisaLlamas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: how do i make a site like this?

Postby ☼ Graceful Aurora ☼ » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:17 am

There are a few tutorials already here on this site. You can find them in "Chicken Smoothie Chat" I believe...
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
“Only if we understand, can we care. Only if we care, we will help. Only if we help, we shall be saved.” - Jane Goodall
---Image Image Image Image Image---
☼ Graceful Aurora ☼

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: how do i make a site like this?

Postby blacksquirrel950 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:25 am

I don't think that Tess is ever going to explain EVERY DETAIL of how the site works. From her FAQ, she says,

The adoptables work using some very complicated php coding which I am never going to try and explain to any of you so DON'T EMAIL ME ABOUT IT.

However you can use the simple HTML adoptables tutorial from Tess (requires some basic knowledge of HTML) at http://chickensmoothie.com/tutadoptables.html If you have a high knowledge of HTML, you can use the PHP tutorial that Nick put up. You can find it in the "Announcements" section of the forum, as there's no link to it from the Tutorials section on the main site.

Hope that helped! Good luck with your website, and happy holidays! :)
Hem hem. I'm back. ^^
ImageImage
Please click my dragons!

(Thanks, Mellina! :D)
blacksquirrel950

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me