Make your own PHP adoptables system

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Make your own PHP adoptables system

Postby Aloaei » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:31 am

Sheiden wrote:I already have a program that came with the computer I'm using now that is just called "Notepad". Will it do the same job as "Notepad++"? This computer doesn't belong to me so downloading more programs than I absolutely need is something I'd prefer to avoid

I'm pretty sure it is just an updated version, correct? I'm trying to recall the name... but I just can't pinpoint it.
I have an obscene obsession with watermelon dogs from 08... #notreallyaproblem
Aloaei

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:07 am

Nick wrote:
Draggy Ave wrote:Nick, what web host did Tess use? I want to use that one.

Way back in the day we were hosted at http://1and1.com/ , but their plans look pretty confusing at the moment. I'm not sure if they're still suitable. There are free hosts which support PHP out there. You can also make a virtual pet website at http://www.myadopts.com/

/gravedigs LOL! I use 1and1, it's still alive. :3

iWolfie wrote:
Sheiden wrote:I already have a program that came with the computer I'm using now that is just called "Notepad". Will it do the same job as "Notepad++"? This computer doesn't belong to me so downloading more programs than I absolutely need is something I'd prefer to avoid

I'm pretty sure it is just an updated version, correct? I'm trying to recall the name... but I just can't pinpoint it.

I don't see why using Notepad would cause problems, since it only matters that you can save it as a webpage.
I've taken to shouting "SQUIDS FOR THE SQUID GOD" every time I collect squids for my hoard, and it's made my life significantly better

🎃 Lights OFF 🎃

Tiger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby galaxiaxies » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:49 am

Never mind. I deleted it.
Last edited by galaxiaxies on Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
galaxiaxies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GreenGummyBear » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:44 pm

So confused ;-;

ImageMy Chihuahua!Image

Mood: Bored
Fav Song: Wide Awake, by: Katy Perry
Obsession: Secret!

GreenGummyBear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EpicEquestrian » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:24 pm

First of all, thank you Nick for this lovely tutorial!

Now, I'm having trouble finding a good site host for this...000webhost, or the one that was suggested in the tutorial, is far too confusing for me, and I can't find an easy one to use. I also tried Free Hosting Cloud but that requires way too much personal information. What host would you suggest I use?
{Hello! :3 I am Epic Equestrian, and I love ponies. And horses. And stuff... :3 I am a proud eventer and am leasing a horse in real life. It's tough love, seeing as my old horse (whom was sold) was the opposite of him. Anyways, I'm a random crazy person and we might get along so message me. :D And I also might do art Commissions. Pm me for that, too. }
EpicEquestrian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:18 pm

Sorry, I don't really know the names of any free web hosts, it has been years and years since I last used one :)
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dreamfly » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:20 pm

EpicEquestrian wrote:What host would you suggest I use?

http://x10hosting.com/ is really good.
Current: online a bit more now

Dreamfly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EpicEquestrian » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:47 am

Dreamfly wrote:
EpicEquestrian wrote:What host would you suggest I use?

http://x10hosting.com/ is really good.

Thank you. ^^

And thanks Nick for your help anyways. :)
{Hello! :3 I am Epic Equestrian, and I love ponies. And horses. And stuff... :3 I am a proud eventer and am leasing a horse in real life. It's tough love, seeing as my old horse (whom was sold) was the opposite of him. Anyways, I'm a random crazy person and we might get along so message me. :D And I also might do art Commissions. Pm me for that, too. }
EpicEquestrian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Helreith Brynhildar » Fri May 11, 2012 1:36 pm

There's probably a really easy answer to this, and everyone's probably going to look at me with the 'You n00b!' face, but here's my question.
The link to Nick's HTML guide isn't working. According to the page I get, the server has lost it. (you know, the little dog server.) I've been experimenting with very, very basic HTML codes using a different, offsite guide to them, but it doesn't seem to be saying anything about an adoptables system (what I'd like to end up with). Why did Nick's original HTML guide get lost, and are there any reliable guides to HTML adoptable coding I could find?
REALITY IS AN ILLUSION THE UNIVERSE IS A HOLOGRAM BUY GOLD BYE
Helreith Brynhildar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rolly-chan » Sun May 20, 2012 9:24 pm

Helreith Brynhildar wrote:There's probably a really easy answer to this, and everyone's probably going to look at me with the 'You n00b!' face, but here's my question.
The link to Nick's HTML guide isn't working. According to the page I get, the server has lost it. (you know, the little dog server.) I've been experimenting with very, very basic HTML codes using a different, offsite guide to them, but it doesn't seem to be saying anything about an adoptables system (what I'd like to end up with). Why did Nick's original HTML guide get lost, and are there any reliable guides to HTML adoptable coding I could find?

I think it was removed from the page, though I can't remember the reason any more ^^°
You won't really find HTML adoptable guides because that's not what adoptable sites work with. At least any established ones. The only way to make adoptables grow with HTML is to upload a picture of the baby stage and then, after some days, remove that picture and upload the next stage but with the same name the baby picture had, so that you basically overwrite the baby picture. You'll have to do everything manually.
If you want the pets to grow automatically, you'll have to look into javascript or PHP.
Rolly-chan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me