We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openings?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Should we have bigger, less frequent pound openings?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:26 am

Yes - increase pound size to 1800 pets and open 1.7 times per day
35%
No - keep pound size at 1300 pets and open 2.4 times per day
65%

Total votes : 3234

Re: We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openi

Postby LunaLate » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:52 pm

I liked it a lot during the Easter event where there were 2000 pets during each opening so I think having 1800 every time would be great!! If the pound has to open less fluently then, so be it. (I don’t know why the pound can’t empty faster, there’s over 800k pets in there... why can’t it open more fluently until it gets to 200k pets or so, why do so many pets have to be in the pound account...?)

Also I really like seeing what pets are in there beforehand, I really hope they don’t get rid of it. Why would getting rid of that help anything?? I don’t think getting rid of it would help.
I think having 1800 pets per opening would help a lot, is 2.4 vs 1.7 times a day really that different??
Last edited by LunaLate on Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LunaLate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkcloud! » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:54 pm

Fellefan wrote:in my opinion the main "problem" with the pound is that we can see what pets will be available in the next opening. when people spot a high value pet in the upcoming opening alerts are sent out and a lot of people show up making the pound incredibly slow, making it almost impossible for us with slow internet to catch anything good. I don't think increasing the size is going to change this, but making adjustments so NO pets in the pound are visible until it opens would at least do something.

Agree and boost. Someone else mentioned that it gets used to follow the pet and offer on it, which is quite frustrating to be on the receiving end of.

semi-active, missed years 2012 and 2013 entirely- about halfway to catching up!
Looking to complete years 2011, 2014-16 and 2021-23!
Darkcloud!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Papilio Ulysses » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:57 pm

I like the idea of hiding the Adopts group from view (if possible), and keep our current Pound size and frequency.
** Tʜᴇ Eɴᴄʜᴀɴᴛɪɴɢ Sᴀɴᴄᴛᴜᴀʀʏ **

Bye bye, little butterfly~
-----------------Image-----------------
Papilio Ulysses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darni » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:59 pm

I don't think I can honestly vote on this because I don't see a current reason why you couldn't do more pets and still do it 2.4... The two options both have a downside so it's just a "Do you want more pets, but less pound" or "Do you want less pets, but more pound".

edit: I understand the pound has a "hoard", but I don't think it would run out super quick and I do see people always willing to donate to pound
"Please do not trade with me to add to major hoards"

Darni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby felidthing » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:04 pm

Fellefan wrote:in my opinion the main "problem" with the pound is that we can see what pets will be available in the next opening. when people spot a high value pet in the upcoming opening alerts are sent out and a lot of people show up making the pound incredibly slow, making it almost impossible for us with slow internet to catch anything good. I don't think increasing the size is going to change this, but making adjustments so NO pets in the pound are visible until it opens would at least do something.

seconding this. i wasnt aware pound pets were visible! it seems much more interesting for the pound's contents to be a mystery and it would prevent this kind of issue!

i enjoy the pound's current opening frequency as well. more chances for everyone!

collecting every cat!! please trade me
doing art for cats or c$

he/it | adult | felidthing on flight rising and pixel cat's end
most active between 3:00-11:00pm PST (22:00-6:00 GMT i think)
i love warriors, soul eater, and minecraft (as well as hermitcraft, the life series, and orphan's path)
also love my chemical romance, ada rook, grandson, thursday, la dispute, and three days grace

felidthing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lemon Bark » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:04 pm

I would support either keeping the current pound system or increasing the frequency of pound openings with a decrease in pets per opening.

Having gone several months without being able to catch a pound opening due to work and school, it would be nice to be able to interact with that aspect of the site more.

I would also support keeping the upcoming pound pets visible. I think that there is nothing to be gained from hidding it that wouldnt be gained from disallowing the discord pound-bot
Lemon Bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bristlefrost » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:10 pm

What about a compromise;
Releasing 1.5k pets instead?
bristlefrost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jointedwishes » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:11 pm

LunaLate wrote:I liked it a lot during the Easter event where there were 2000 pets during each opening so I think having 1800 every time would be great!! If the pound has to open less fluently then, so be it. (I don’t know why the pound can’t empty faster, there’s over 800k pets in there... why can’t it open more fluently until it gets to 200k pets or so, why do so many pets have to be in the pound account...?)

Also I really like seeing what pets are in there beforehand, I really hope they don’t get rid of it. Why would getting rid of that help anything?? I don’t think getting rid of it would help.
I think having 1800 pets per opening would help a lot, is 2.4 vs 1.7 times a day really that different??

i actually agree with this, is an extra 100-500 pets that massive of a difference in the long run? i’d love if someone could maybe work out the math and figure out how long it’d last
jointedwishes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cerrik » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:11 pm

Honestly I barely get chances to access the pound as is. To get it even more infrequently in my opinion is not that great as I'll most likely never see the pound at all. I was wondering why during the Easter event I never caught a chance for the pound at all. Most likely I'd just cut the pound as an option for me to ever see if that becomes the option. I work long shifts and only get 4-5 hours in the evening to really play CS.
I know the pound empties fast but even if it does I like having an opportunity rather than never seeing it at all as its likely to run while I'm offline.

I do agree with others that hiding what is appearing in the pound is a good option so people can run in more blindly.
Maybe not announcing pound is opening until its 30minutes from opening would also be a good idea? Not really sure as I'm not as active as I used to be due to real life things.
To be honest all I ever get a chance to see nowadays is the lost and found and I barely touch items and have no interest in them. Still, I guess its better than not gathering anything at all, eh?
Anyway whatever you all choose will be great. ^^
~Dreams do come true~

Cerrik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elm » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:16 pm

Id like to vote for keeping the pound visable as well, it helps when i can check and see that i dont need anything so i dont bother going to most pound openings tbh. If its removed. im going to every one i see for the “just in case” factor.

Also is option 2 just keep everything how it normally is?
I wish we could have both, 1800 twice a day.

Elm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me